PDA

View Full Version : Vanadium the next Lithium

RTFQ
18-01-2018, 09:24 AM
The recent gains in Australian Vanadium producer shares suggests that the use of VRB Vanadium Redox batteries is on the rise. They are far superior to Lithium iron batteries with a 20 year life. Not suited for EV's but perfect for industrial energy storage.

KRC, AVL, YRC, YRR to mention a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2016/12/13/vanadium-flow-batteries-the-energy-storage-breakthrough-weve-needed/#665ac175bde8

silu
18-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the share and I will research.

But yeah I've completely lost interest in Lithium. Even Elon Musk says that their Tesla Lithium Ion batteries should actually be called Nickel-Graphite (http://benchmarkminerals.com/elon-musk-our-lithium-ion-batteries-should-be-called-nickel-graphite/). My long-term interests are in Graphite & the wonder-material of the future Graphene.

RTFQ
18-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the share and I will research.

But yeah I've completely lost interest in Lithium. Even Elon Musk says that their Tesla Lithium Ion batteries should actually be called Nickel-Graphite (http://benchmarkminerals.com/elon-musk-our-lithium-ion-batteries-should-be-called-nickel-graphite/). My long-term interests are in Graphite & the wonder-material of the future Graphene.
Thanks shall do the same.

freebee
18-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Hi Silu, Reading the article,i think Lithium has got a long way to go yet. It sounds to me like Tesla are worried about their supply of Lithium and are trying to find alternatives that are not developed as yet. I'm sure other materials will be used in the future batteries and less Lithium but at present and for the next few years demand will outstrip supply imo

Logen Ninefingers
18-01-2018, 03:58 PM
IRC getting a lot of interest...they have a very large (globally significant) Vanadium project in QLD are partnered with a cashed-up outfit called AXF to develop it. AXF are Chinese owned. News on metallurgical test-work expected next month. IRC primarily a Gold company; they are in production and aiming to increase their resource oz's to well over 1 Million oz's this year.

Disclosure: I am an IRC holder.

Xerof
18-01-2018, 04:50 PM
KRC, which used to be Speewah, holds the largest Vanadium tenement in Australasia. I held a few in the dark ages. They could never get the project past interminable exploration, so re-invented themselves as a copper/gold on the same tenement. Seems they are now returning to their roots, with this new wave of battery storage seemingly making Vanadium a contender.

Price has shot up recently, but I'm not going back in. It appears to be a lifestyle coy for Tony Barton.

I guess this is what you call a heads-down, rather than a heads-up:cool:

shasta
19-01-2018, 05:32 AM
The recent gains in Australian Vanadium producer shares suggests that the use of VRB Vanadium Redox batteries is on the rise. They are far superior to Lithium iron batteries with a 20 year life. Not suited for EV's but perfect for industrial energy storage.

KRC, AVL, YRC, YRR to mention a few.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2016/12/13/vanadium-flow-batteries-the-energy-storage-breakthrough-weve-needed/#665ac175bde8

If you are a fan of the Vanadium story, check out the monster project TNG has in the Northern Territory. IRC worth a look too.

JBmurc
19-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes I'm holding very large position in IRC will rocket if AXF crew can crack the vanadium moly shale oil code at Richmond .... just starting to price in the potential last few day should trade into the 20's to 30s over next couple of month on ongoing anns ...with so many operations J/V underway reason why 70% of my portfolio is tied up in this company

Ninefingers
21-09-2020, 09:45 PM
If you are a fan of the Vanadium story, check out the monster project TNG has in the Northern Territory. IRC worth a look too.

Nice movement on TNG recently, it does look like things are lining up after drifting through the planning doldrums.

clearasmud
10-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Nice movement on TNG recently, it does look like things are lining up after drifting through the planning doldrums.

Tng looks interesting.
I've held VR8 since 2017 and it's been a loser but the sp has woken up.
These guys in South Africa mean business and they don't waste money.
Shares are in a trading halt pending a placement to a strategic investor.!

clearasmud
11-10-2021, 01:14 PM
Tng looks interesting.
I've held VR8 since 2017 and it's been a loser but the sp has woken up.
These guys in South Africa mean business and they don't waste money.
Shares are in a trading halt pending a placement to a strategic investor.!

Placement price was 64% premium to 30 day wwap!

Aotea
11-10-2021, 06:27 PM
IRC (now HRZ) is a sleeping beast. It has been moving sideways for years and should be at 30c+

CROESUS U.T.
24-03-2022, 11:35 AM
Bought a few AVL yesterday. It was after seeing that China and Russia currently supply over 75% of world market and feeling markets may like to see Oz becoming an alternative.

clearasmud
24-03-2022, 02:51 PM
Good point.
I hold TMT and VR8 a South African hopeful. Check them out on YouTube.

Joshuatree
24-03-2022, 06:01 PM
Had a bad experience with a platinum stock there.The BEE black empowerment entity who have to be given a % of the company (if my memory is correct)caused alot of grief but things prob improved by now?

GOAT
01-04-2022, 06:29 PM
Looks like vanadium is picking up speed.

AVL, TMT, VR8 all had a solid week.

Aotea
01-04-2022, 07:14 PM
HRZ spinning off thier vanadium. They have a good recent announcement detailing the project. Worth a look

clearasmud
02-04-2022, 12:26 AM
Looks like vanadium is picking up speed.

AVL, TMT, VR8 all had a solid week.
Vr8 breaking 10c is very bullish for a move far higher imo.

denpal
02-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Looks interesting.

blu3
02-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Apologies if this is not the right place to ask this but—as someone who knows nothing about mining stocks, where should I start looking to get up to speed? What makes a good pick? Does this solely depend on what mineral a company is mining, what is their production capacity, and how much demand there is for that given material like it seems to be the case with Vanadium at the moment? Or are there more subtleties to it?

Thank you!

clearasmud
04-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Looks interesting.
VR8 heading north today.

clearasmud
22-04-2022, 08:59 PM
Vr8 breaking 10c is very bullish for a move far higher imo.
Closed today at 15c on big volume last 2 weeks.
This stock chart is a beauty.
Market cap about $75mln.
Arguably the best undeveloped Vanadium deposit in the world and it looks like the world is going to need them.

Sous87
23-04-2022, 03:11 PM
I bought in at about 10c and agree it is in a great position, exciting times.

ralph
17-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Closed today at 15c on big volume last 2 weeks.
This stock chart is a beauty.
Market cap about $75mln.
Arguably the best undeveloped Vanadium deposit in the world and it looks like the world is going to need them.

Certainly on a clear down word spiral now any Ideas ,are you still holding !

clearasmud
18-12-2022, 02:33 AM
Certainly on a clear down word spiral now any Ideas ,are you still holding !
Yep, still holding,its well below my average.
Should have sold a few up there.!
I'm still hoping for 50c.Don't know when!

ralph
18-12-2022, 09:28 AM
I think it will get there 50c or thereabouts but at the moment its stuttering ,I don't think its anything major just the bear could be sat on it a while

JBmurc
18-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Yes got AEE for my Vanadium exposure ... https://www.auraenergy.com.au/projects/#tiris-project

nztx
18-12-2022, 11:15 PM
Yes got AEE for my Vanadium exposure ... https://www.auraenergy.com.au/projects/#tiris-project

Make it in before Jul 2021 JB , or did you miss the bounce up ?

Sous87
19-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Directors were buying in at current levels…Must be optimistic. Hope 2023 Vr8 will kick on.

JBmurc
19-12-2022, 01:08 PM
Make it in before Jul 2021 JB , or did you miss the bounce up ?

nope late to the party 20.5c in the opts AEEO