PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Meeting

Beagle
23-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Date - 2pm - Sun Feb 18 2018

Location - The Nightingale - the standard first floor table.
Viaduct Harbour Eastern side.

see weed
23-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Date - 2pm - Sun Feb 18 2018

Location - The Nightingale - the standard first floor table.
Viaduct Harbour Eastern side.
See you there if free of any commitments.

whome
26-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I’ll be there. Keen to meet other Auckland ST devotees and share ideas. Last years meeting was great. Good venue for an afternoon sipping a few overlooking the boats in the Viaduct basin, while tossing around some interesting and varied investing opinions. Recommended!! I presume the Nightingale is the same venue.

Beagle
27-01-2018, 09:50 AM
I’ll be there. Keen to meet other Auckland ST devotees and share ideas. Last years meeting was great. Good venue for an afternoon sipping a few overlooking the boats in the Viaduct basin, while tossing around some interesting and varied investing opinions. Recommended!! I presume the Nightingale is the same venue.

Yes it is mate. Name changed from last year. See you there.

dragonz
27-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Do we need to book or just rock up?

Blendy
28-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Hi friends, I'm intending to be there too!

Vaygor1
30-01-2018, 02:21 AM
Hi friends, I'm intending to be there too!

Se you there Blendy. \(0|0)/ It will have been nearly 2 years.

Vaygor1
30-01-2018, 02:23 AM
Do we need to book or just rock up?

Just rock up. Just let Beagle know your coming so he has a rough idea of the numbers.

Blendy
30-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Se you there Blendy. \(0|0)/ It will have been nearly 2 years.

Yes I know :( I've missed you guys! A work contract last year meant I redirected time away from here (which in hindsight was a bit silly), but I'm keen to reconnect and participate in discussions where I can!

suse
31-01-2018, 07:18 AM
can i come?. I have absolutely no knowledge to impart and to be honest my investing is done on a wing and a prayer but I'd like to learn more. Or will I be completely out of my depth

Beagle
31-01-2018, 09:42 AM
All welcome :)

rmnz
31-01-2018, 12:22 PM
I'm keen to come along too!

Clints
07-02-2018, 08:31 AM
I might pop along too if I can offload the littlies

Benny1
09-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Will do my best to make it too... Will be good to meet you lot and do some learning!

Beagle
09-02-2018, 11:08 AM
The way the markets are going I speculate the two hot topics of conversation might be :-
- Are we in the early stages of a bear market ?
- If so what capital preservation strategies are you engaged in ?
Just putting it out there for people to think about.

percy
12-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Q 4 Mr Beagle.

Chatham House Rules for this meet? :mellow:;)

I notice ChCh meetings refer to interesting picks from KW, which don't get offered to the forum.
So would appear Chatham House rules at ChCh meets? Yes/No Percy?

Golden rule at any Sharetrader meetings.
"Stay close to KW."
It really pays.!!>>>>>.lol.
ps.enjoy yourselves.

alistar_mid
18-02-2018, 12:31 PM
I shall make an appearance

Blendy
18-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Lovely to see you today!! Some excellent chats :)

Beagle
19-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Thanks to all for coming along. Must be some sort of record for a ST meeting...I left at 10.00p.m. after 8 hours of very pleasant convivial discussions and jokes and enjoying great company and some were still going strong after that ! The really cunning ones had organized a means to get home other than driving.

percy
19-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Please get to the important guts of the meeting.
What were KW's tips?

Beagle
19-02-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't think there's been any changes since she attended the last Chch meeting. Still likes LOV, ATM and a few others I'll try and remember when my head is a little clearer. Thinks the next two months could see more volatility. Vaygor1 still likes ALF and RYM so no surprises there but conceded SUM should do well too.
Apparently I have some research to do on page 103 of the RYM thread, it seems he thinks I had the answer then but might have since forgotten it lol
Plenty of love for ATM at the meeting with quite a number of people picking that as #1 prospect in the year ahead.
Plenty of derision and contempt for FBU governance and management, no surprises there !

percy
19-02-2018, 09:47 AM
I don't think there's been any changes since she attended the last Chch meeting. Still likes LOV, ATM and a few others I'll try and remember when my head is a little clearer. Thinks the next two months could see more volatility. Vaygor1 still likes ALF and RYM so no surprises there but conceded SUM should do well too.
Apparently I have some research to do on page 103 of the RYM thread, it seems he thinks I had the answer then but might have since forgotten it lol
Plenty of love for ATM at the meeting with quite a number of people picking that as #1 prospect in the year ahead.

I always write down KW's tips.
It really pays.!!!..lol.

rmnz
19-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it, I was really looking forward to it but our little one decided otherwise! Any other plans for meet ups etc?

Beagle
19-02-2018, 10:37 AM
We're looking at having another meeting in early Sept, moving to twice a year as this one was so much fun :)

suse
19-02-2018, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry I couldnt make it. I got tied up helping out an elderly friend and then completely forgot and headed home, and when I remembered I thought it might be too late to come in. Clearly not!

Saw the chair and CEO of ATM in the lift this morning (heading up to Goldman Sachs) and was sorely tempted to ask if I should buy back in but my floor came up too soon. I'm sure they would have said yes.

Blendy
19-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Thanks to all for coming along. Must be some sort of record for a ST meeting...I left at 10.00p.m. after 8 hours of very pleasant convivial discussions and jokes and enjoying great company and some were still going strong after that ! The really cunning ones had organized a means to get home other than driving.

Good golly, 10pm!! I sure missed out! Sorry I had to leave so early.... I hope you all had fun and are all acting on your new-found tips today ;)

see weed
19-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Good golly, 10pm!! I sure missed out! Sorry I had to leave so early.... I hope you all had fun and are all acting on your new-found tips today ;)
Yes, we all had fun. And thanks Crackity for the beer, all good stuff. I left early too at about 4.30, but spent an hour in the car park looking for the cashier to pay the parking fee, because all those machines take credit cards. No worries, catch a bus next time:D.

whome
20-02-2018, 11:02 PM
A great day, and thanks to all. Didn’t realise the time had gone so fast until the barman came around to announce the bar was closing! Look forward to another catch up in Sept.

Beagle
21-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Please get to the important guts of the meeting.
What were KW's tips?

KW kindly communicated with me this morning and asked me to post them.
RBL SKF and M7T were my speccy picks.

A2M LOV BWX NXT are good long term holds.

A great day, and thanks to all. Didn’t realise the time had gone so fast until the barman came around to announce the bar was closing! Look forward to another catch up in Sept.

Great to have a good chance to chew over share idea's with you mate.