PDA

View Full Version : Foley Family Wines

garfy
03-05-2018, 07:48 PM
A quiet company on the NZAX. I have been interested in their progress, acquiring a good stable of NZ wineries, the latest being 'Mt Difficulty'. Add that to Grove Mill, Vavasour, Te Kairanga......++ The share price has been a bit static at 142c lately, but today there were four trades... someones interested...... Anyone got any thoughts?

horus1
04-05-2018, 07:25 AM
I have bought them . The majority shareholder is a good operator I think. Long term hold

minimoke
04-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Auny shareholder benefits? Discounted cases?

Sideshow Bob
04-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Auny shareholder benefits? Discounted cases?

You might get a discount entry into this MM........

https://mtdifficultyascent.com/

Only done the half. Has 1km that is 1km in distance horizontally (obviously), but 500m vertically. :eek2:

minimoke
04-05-2018, 09:12 AM
You might get a discount entry into this MM........

https://mtdifficultyascent.com/

Only done the half. Has 1km that is 1km in distance horizontally (obviously), but 500m vertically. :eek2:Unfortunately a bit hobbled at the moment. Managed a 400m over 5km earlier in the year and that was bad enough. But incentive of a winery at the end. Hmmm. May be next year.

Sideshow Bob
04-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately a bit hobbled at the moment. Managed a 400m over 5km earlier in the year and that was bad enough. But incentive of a winery at the end. Hmmm. May be next year.

Bit of Mt D Pinot Noir will cure that! Either that or ease the pain....

minimoke
04-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Hopefully they arent taineted by this: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/103615998/wine-deception-allegations-covered-by-suppressions given its aomehting that wil impact on NZ wine industry. (Suppression a total joke since people concerned have already been publicly named and situation well known within wine industry)

Heres my wager - they will be found guilty

garfy
04-05-2018, 07:09 PM
I was looking at the two main wine companies - Delegats and Foleys. I was impressed with the 'stable' of wineries that Foleys had. And looking at their exportingg potential - offices in 9 countries..... And the cost of sp entry..... looking good!

But 'minimoke' has thrown a spanner in the works......

(Suppression a total joke since people concerned have already been publicly named and situation well known within wine industry)

Heres my wager - they will be found guilty)

How do I find out who is "they"????

minimoke
04-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Heres the thing Garfy. Suppression orders prevent people from identifying the accused as well as giving clues that might identify the accused. So I have to tread carefully so as to not end up in the sh1te or put the forum owner in the sh1te.

So lets steer away from questions about the accused.

Anyone in the industry will know about this case and how important it is and how potentially harmful it is to the NZ wine industry. Do I see the industry tanking - No. Am I excited about export potential and an easy road into markets - no. Do I have faith in MPI - no. Is my faith in the NZ wine industry rattled - yes.

Would I consider buying shares in a company that offered me a discount as a shareholder on case lots and half price entry into events - well that would cause me to make a wee investment.

Garfy - I see you have 46 posts to your name so I'm going to assume you are relatively new to this game - no offense meant. There is a standard saying DYOR. Do your Own Research and answers to investments may be found

(Disclaimer - I am not suggesting anything about Foleys. I haven't followed their money trail so hold no view at all on them. Other than I am a bit partial to some Grove Mill and Te Kairanga)

janner
04-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Heres the thing Garfy. Suppression orders prevent people from identifying the accused as well as giving clues that might identify the accused. So I have to tread carefully so as to not end up in the sh1te or put the forum owner in the sh1te.

So lets steer away from questions about the accused.

Anyone in the industry will know about this case and how important it is and how potentially harmful it is to the NZ wine industry. Do I see the industry tanking - No. Am I excited about export potential and an easy road into markets - no. Do I have faith in MPI - no. Is my faith in the NZ wine industry rattled - yes.

Would I consider buying shares in a company that offered me a discount as a shareholder on case lots and half price entry into events - well that would cause me to make a wee investment.

Garfy - I see you have 46 posts to your name so I'm going to assume you are relatively new to this game - no offense meant. There is a standard saying DYOR. Do your Own Research and answers to investments may be found

(Disclaimer - I am not suggesting anything about Foleys. I haven't followed their money trail so hold no view at all on them. Other than I am a bit partial to some Grove Mill and Te Kairanga)

One of your wiser post's.. :-)))))

garfy
05-05-2018, 06:34 AM
Sincerely, thank you for your reply minimoke.

Back to the drawing-board....... :-(

garfy
06-05-2018, 10:50 AM
After your "heads up" minimoke, I searched around...... I had certainly looked into wines, but it never occurred to me to look up 'wine scandals'. Nevertheless, the information is easily searchable.

Needless to say Foley Family Wines are not/do not seem to be involved - but I still have a bit for digging to do. Their 'stable looks very good to me!!

.... and then again.....

CROESUS U.T.
27-08-2019, 04:20 PM
HIGHLIGHTS
- Case sales 522,000 (up 11%)
- Export cases 404,000 (up 23.5%)
- Bottled sales revenue $44,046,000 (up 15.7%)
- Operating earnings $5,059,000 (up 83.8%)
- Reported profit after tax $3,518,000 (up 94.9%)
- Long term distribution agreement with Lion NZ Ltd entered into
- Completion of Mt Difficulty purchase
- Step change in Lighthouse distribution in Australia/New Zealand

Pleasing result coupled with shareholder purchase pricing make me a happy chappy.

horus1
27-08-2019, 04:27 PM
I will be buying more. Good report. What is the shareholder purchase pricing?

CROESUS U.T.
27-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Very attractive disc but DYOR
- have calculated breakeven for me is approx 1400 bottles to go:t_up:

CROESUS U.T.
07-10-2021, 01:04 PM
On the rise again and approx 1100 to breakeven;)

Getty
07-10-2021, 01:26 PM
They are not big on announcements or shareholder comms are they?

October, and only 5 anns for the year.

Maybe they are like the old gents on the Mainland cheese ads, not much happening.

CROESUS U.T.
08-10-2021, 01:21 PM
Maybe they are like the old gents on the Mainland cheese ads, not much happening.
Ah but their botanicals are great whether the 42 or the 57 in a pink gin

:t_up:

kiora
21-02-2024, 08:25 AM
"Foley Wines rescues embattled Toast Martinborough festival"
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/foley-wines-rescues-embattled-toast-martinborough-festival/KJWV25YYDFASNLJWAW7U2BICEA/?utm_source=ST&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShareTrader+AM+Update+for+Wednesday+2 1+February+2024

Sideshow Bob
23-02-2024, 11:39 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/426756

FRIDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2024 – Foley Wines announces half year result
CASE SALES 245,000 (down 21%)
BOTTLED SALES REVENUE $28,710,000 (down 13.5%)
OPERATING EARNINGS $1,261,000 (down 77.5%)
REPORTED PROFIT AFTER TAX $1,673,000 (down 60.2%)
OPERATING EBITDA $7,097,000 (down 30.0%)
OPERATING CASH FLOW $2,955,000 (down 57.7%)

nztx
23-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Dividend still on the Chiller on this one while the Martinborough Party Spirit takes centre stage ? :)

nztx
23-02-2024, 02:16 PM
They are not big on announcements or shareholder comms are they?

October, and only 5 anns for the year.

probably need to be well travelled up to US of A for Ann's sign offs .. a bit of a long wait and then
hope they don't lose their way on journey back :)