PDA

View Full Version : CHC Airport

Oliver Mander
26-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/104896675/christchurch-city-council-debt-to-grow-75-per-cent-to-21-billion?rm=m

My vote = definitely...

minimoke
26-06-2018, 04:00 PM
I used to own shares in Lyttelton Port and did quite nicely out of them.

I am light on local infrastructure shares so would definitely have a look at it with a positive eye.

Lola
26-06-2018, 04:20 PM
notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/104896675/christchurch-city-council-debt-to-grow-75-per-cent-to-21-billion?rm=m

my vote = definitely...

absolutely interested...and its about time this asset was monetised for benefit of many. Whats so special and precious about chch that they havent seen the light on this one. ?

And auckland should think about privatising their bridge to fund a tunnel , another bridge, and public traffic solutions to their airport.

RTM
26-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

My vote = definitely...

Would certainly be interested. Especially if there was an OK dividend that seemed secure associated with them.

Oliver Mander
26-06-2018, 07:06 PM
absolutely interested...and its about time this asset was monetised for benefit of many. Whats so special and precious about chch that they havent seen the light on this one. ?

And auckland should think about privatising their bridge to fund a tunnel , another bridge, and public traffic solutions to their airport.

CHC not the only one - lets not forget Auckland City holds a large chunk of AIA also. As does Wellington City (as a minority against a major shareholder no less) hold WLG Airport.
At least CCC could argue it has made them good coin...not sure WCC could say that.

But yes, I do think a float would be a good idea.

bohemian
26-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Very interested. I live down the road, every time I go there I'm amazed at how much it is growing. My neighbour is part of their management. From what he tells me of their culture I would be confident to be an investor.

percy
26-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Yes I would put my hand up,but only if Christchurch City Council retained ownership below 50%.
After their very poor governance with The Lyttleton Port Co,I would not trust them in control of a listed company again..

Grimy
26-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Not quite the same thing, but I do have some of their 6.25% bonds that mature late 2021.

traineeinvestor
26-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Yes I would put my hand up,but only if Christchurch City Council retained ownership below 50%.
After their very poor governance with The Lyttleton Port Co,I would not trust them in control of a listed company again..

Playing Captain Obvious here, but they can retain effective control with far less than a 50% shareholding.

percy
26-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Playing Captain Obvious here, but they can retain effective control with far less than a 50% shareholding.

Yes and no.
Yes a strong shareholder with 20% to 30% can effectively control a company.
No to have ChCh City Council retain control they would unlikely go under 50%.
Best out come for potential shareholders would be for ChCh City Council to sell out.
With The People's Republic of ChCh ,controlling ChCh City council, that will not happen.

iceman
26-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Yes I definietly would be interested as I am light on infrastructure in my portfolio and would welcome more offerings in that sector

minimoke
26-06-2018, 08:15 PM
After their very poor governance with The Lyttleton Port Co,I would not trust them in control of a listed company again..Agreed. Current council is incompetent.

Take the water problems. firstly they didn't maintain water supply and they couldnt blame earthquakes. Then they treated water with sufficient chlorine to make is safe for drinking. Which gave us water akin to swimming pool water. After a lot of complaints (not their own testing) they cut the doseage by 50%. How on earth does that work? Thats without their underhand sneaking in of Living Wage and I could go on but wont because this isn't what this thread is about.

Raz
26-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Agreed. Current council is incompetent.

Take the water problems. firstly they didn't maintain water supply and they couldnt blame earthquakes. Then they treated water with sufficient chlorine to make is safe for drinking. Which gave us water akin to swimming pool water. After a lot of complaints (not their own testing) they cut the doseage by 50%. How on earth does that work? Thats without their underhand sneaking in of Living Wage and I could go on but wont because this isn't what this thread is about.

Yes would look at it closely..think it has double value in the last four years...great management as long as CCC kept out of it. Its current vision is south island focused instead of just shareholders so happy if it is not listed.

CD_CHCH
27-06-2018, 11:16 AM
I would be interested but like Percy have concerns around the clowns at the council poking their oar in given they have shown themselves to be incapable of budgeting and managing projects thus far. Time for a good cleanout of the council at next election I'm thinking....

TideMan
27-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Time for a good cleanout of the council at next election I'm thinking....
But as I recall the only option we had last time was lefty Lianne or that communist John Minto.
Lianne was the better of two bad options, but she and her council have proved to be incompetent idiots.
What's to be done about it?

minimoke
27-06-2018, 12:07 PM
But as I recall the only option we had last time was lefty Lianne or that communist John Minto.
No . We had also had the equally appealing Tubby Hansen. Here is what he offered:
What kind of Christchurch do you want?

I want all police, psychologists, doctors, dentists, nurses, social workers, fire and ambulance staff, all SIS and GCSB to go on a course on modern electronics, rays, lasers and masers . . . all to sit a paper [and] half to be deliberately failed. The failed half to have their warrants failed and referred to WINZ for a pick and shovel job with the water works.

What are you doing to contribute to this?

I have written with photos to John Key, the SIS, and MI6 London to sort out the NZ left. I only asked for a received note from John Key's secretary – not received, no answer from the SIS and only a code "received" from MI6.

I have written to Police Minister Judith Collins asking that legislation be updated so that people presenting with blisters or rashes,have nearby houses searched by the police . . . and anyone found in possession or the presence of electronics, rays or lasers or masers are committed to an institution to find out why they did it and, more importantly, who put them up to it and, if a political party, that party be banned from the next election.

What is your call to action (challenge to others)?

Because these electronics and rays are a threat to candidates, royal tours and visiting overseas MPs, I have asked Judith Collins to update legislation before this local body election day or the CCC election day on October 8

mcdongle
27-06-2018, 12:31 PM
The way people are talking about this council he is in with a chance...:scared:

Oliver Mander
27-06-2018, 12:54 PM
I actually really like Christchurch - its a great city with a lifestyle second-to-none; even with an earthquake recovery underway. But reading Tubby Hansen's manifesto makes me glad I live in Wellington.