PDA

View Full Version : Stuff

Hectorplains
17-01-2019, 06:04 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/109980626/nine-boss-hugh-marks-rules-nothing-out-says-stuff-could-float

Possible float... but only if they can't flick it off first. Openly dressing an IPO as the option of last resort and only to achieve a price that other potential buyers won't pay... That and a dying industry.... Pass.

Beagle
17-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Yeah stuff that...they can keep it.

jmsnz
17-01-2019, 07:33 PM
I struggle to be bothered to visit/read the site, I really can't imagine why I would spend money to buy the company! That said when he says:
"Stuff had a done a better job than most media companies around the world managing that transition from print to digital, he said"

I think he actually means that:
"We have abandoned all journalistic principles and now just use Stuff as an advertising platform supported by a range of populist 'opinion' pieces designed to maximise the digital advertising revenue that can be generated"

Given that, perhaps there is a viable revenue stream...

Lego_Man
18-01-2019, 02:42 PM
I struggle to be bothered to visit/read the site, I really can't imagine why I would spend money to buy the company! That said when he says:
"Stuff had a done a better job than most media companies around the world managing that transition from print to digital, he said"

I think he actually means that:
"We have abandoned all journalistic principles and now just use Stuff as an advertising platform supported by a range of populist 'opinion' pieces designed to maximise the digital advertising revenue that can be generated"

Given that, perhaps there is a viable revenue stream...

Yeah, clickbait trash.

minimoke
18-01-2019, 02:47 PM
If the company finances are as good as the media content I'l be dragging out my barge pole.

18-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know much about EneryclubNZ that stuff bought into?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/97661154/stuff-buys-49-per-cent-stake-in-electricity-firm-energyclubnz

To me it has a slight whiff about it and is perhaps a bit like Youi