PDA

View Full Version : CBD - Cannasouth Ltd

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paddles
05-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Anyone looking at Cannsouth? They plan to list on the NZX mid 2019.
It looks to be the industry with big growth potential.

macduffy
05-02-2019, 03:01 PM
As was reported in October last. Any further news?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108036083/cannasouth-to-seek-new-funding-ahead-of-listing-on-nzx

Lewylewylewy
05-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.

macduffy
05-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Well, that seems to cover everything! No, I won't be investing either.

;)

mondograss
05-02-2019, 04:15 PM
I think we're such a long way behind Aus and Canada on this that it's unlikely that any NZ company will make much headway.

Paddles
05-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Assuming the law is passed allowing people to poison me with 2nd hand psychotropic smoke... and i think it will... these should be worth more immediately after the law passing, due to sentiment.

However, these companies are not well understood by investors, and businesses in this sector are often badly run in my experience (who'd have thought!). Additionally, anything to do with medical research carries risk (i.e. it may transpire after some completely unbiased research that a joint a day keeps the doctor away, but only a particular strain that isn't stocked by the cannabis company you invested in - sorry. Or even that it's not accepted by mainstream doctors - look at nzx.peb).

Also, I expect these to be overpriced shares because of popularity from folk that don't know how to do a valuation but think that is a good investment and place a bid at the market price, whatever it is.

I imagine they'll end up with not much institutional investment in the very long term because of this.

On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride). It's even better when they ask the public to make decisions on whether or not to do something without informing them how it will be done (brexit). And great to know that all of the above happens because someone wants to get ahead politically, at any cost (Jacinda and cannabis), and that the system allows this (mmp coalitions). I already love that as a non smoker, when my neighbor smokes, he kindly shares that with me every time i leave my windows open. I can't wait to get into something as healthy as cannabis is going to be for me.

Pretty pessimistic reading here.

I think you will find there is more than enough scientific evidence relating to the benefits of marijuana, and smoking it isn't the only option.

Paddles
05-02-2019, 04:27 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/108036083/cannasouth-to-seek-new-funding-ahead-of-listing-on-nzx

Freudian slip or subliminal programming?

"Cannasouth is likely to benefit from the enthusiasm surrounding fund raising for such ventures, and the backing of former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."

peat
05-02-2019, 04:42 PM
former Federated Farmers chief executive, Conor English, who will soon joint the board."

Board room hot box!
This meeting might take a while..... and not too sure how many decisions will be made apart from ordering the pizza

Onion
05-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Podcast from Darcy Ungaro with guests Mark Lucas and Nic Foreman of Cannasouth (https://www.podcasts.nz/cannasouth-an-nz-cannabis-company-aiming-to-go-public-in-2019/). This was released on 21 Jan 21019 but I think it was recorded last year.

bull....
05-02-2019, 05:35 PM
nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.

steveb
06-02-2019, 09:23 AM
This is quite an interesting article,seems some of the interested companies might not be up to scratch management wise,with one particular company being "perceived as not operating in the best interest of shareholders"

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/12/08/marijuana-stocks-here-come-the-lawsuits.aspx

mcdongle
06-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Are we going to have more problems in the future....

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/cannabis-the-facts/

Joshuatree
06-02-2019, 12:15 PM
nz is way behind countries like canada , australia in cannabis research , even the us has just passed the farm bill legally allowing hemp production. i think alot of companies in nz will just be jumping on the band wagon hoping to make a quick buck

i favour a legalised pot industry run , taxed and dispensed by the govt myself. growers can sell to the govt and private companies are left to make money from the medical side of things.

Yes i like this set up too.
And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.

bull....
06-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Yes i like this set up too.
And like most things,used in moderation is just another recreational, creative pastime unlike Tobacco which insanely is legal still.
A problem is you can go to work the next day after a heavy drinking session but THC stays in your fatty tissue for some time long after the "high" has gone so how do you regulate say a bus driver who smoked a joint or vaporised a small bud the night before to relax after a long intense day at work.? Maybe they will get better testing which can indicate how recently you were partaking.

some jobs will always need to be drug free, when you undertake a job it may be a requirement of that job that you are drug free. really its no different to now so those people will just stick to there alcohol i guess if thats there desire.

bull....
06-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Cannabis Smoking Associated With Higher Sperm Count, Study Findshttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/cannabis-smoking-associated-with-higher-sperm-count-study-finds?srnd=premium-asia

moka
06-02-2019, 09:34 PM
On a side note: I just think it's great when the govt ask the public for the answer to policy questions that require scientific knowledge and research that Joe Bloggs couldn't possibly be able to answer, but has a poorly founded and strong opinion about (fluoride).
It’s not necessary to be an expert on fluoride to have an informed opinion because experts write articles and books as well as do NZ public lecture tours to educate the public. There is also wealth of information on the internet for those who wish to be more knowledgeable. Most of those speaking out against fluoride are informed and concerned because fluoride is a highly toxic chemical and it has detrimental effects on some people’s health.
https://fluoridefree.org.nz/about/

Lewylewylewy
07-02-2019, 07:54 AM
It's not necessary to be an expert to have an opinion, and its not necessary to be an expert to vote. This is my problem; not whether fluoride is good or bad.

Its a scientific matter, average joe (including myself) doesnt have access or the time to investigate sources of data, backgrounds of funding, full detailed reports rather than scientific journalism (which is usually inaccurate), and doesnt have the awareness or correct approach of how to make these decisions (ie its bad for you but also good for you, x people may experience problems but y people get benefits. decisons on vaccines are done this way - 3 people will die but 4million wont get xxx disease).

I too have an opinion on fluoride (which has a 50% chance to be wrong), but think the public should only be engaged when a matter of pure opinion/ desire is involved, and one largely without an ethical challenge if possible. People shouldnt be voting on which science they believe. If thats unclear, commission more research. If science was based on polls, marketing and involved the average joe (who is usually an idiot), e=mc2 could be e=mc3

Joshuatree
07-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Cannabis Smoking Associated With Higher Sperm Count, Study Finds

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-06/cannabis-smoking-associated-with-higher-sperm-count-study-finds?srnd=premium-asia

Interesting although inconclusive read, The weed companies will be keen to add another "benefit" and reason to legalise it.Fine by me.

He said: "As the authors point out, men with higher sperm concentrations are likely to have more testosterone in their bodies and thus may be more likely to smoke marijuana because simply they are willing to take more risks.
"In conclusion, I am not convinced that this paper moves us any further forward in this debate.
"Moreover, nor does it give support to any apparent fertility benefits of smoking marijuana.
"In my opinion, this should be avoided at all costs in any couples trying to start a family."

kiwidollabill
07-02-2019, 09:14 AM

I tend to agree, what commercial advantage would any of these companies have over the incumbant large producers? I feel is going to be another hyped ag industry which will leave a small amount of people in the $$$ (mostly taken from investors) and a whole lot burned.

As an aside, there is a few farmers in South Canterbury looking into incorporating hemp as a rotation crop. NZyarn have got the gear on order to process and spin the fibre

bull....
07-02-2019, 10:01 AM
I tend to agree, what commercial advantage would any of these companies have over the incumbant large producers? I feel is going to be another hyped ag industry which will leave a small amount of people in the $$$ (mostly taken from investors) and a whole lot burned.

As an aside, there is a few farmers in South Canterbury looking into incorporating hemp as a rotation crop. NZyarn have got the gear on order to process and spin the fibre

plenty of opp's in hemp for farmers , horticulturists as for weed i bet there are some good weed growers up north. shane jones could use some of his money to get the bros of the couch and grow weed for the govt to sell

Joshuatree
07-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I think Hikurangi may have already done that bull down the coast there:), but its called weed because its so easy to grow.So unless they can value add produce unique products alot will go up in smoke. Hikurangi are doing things like looking at the whole plant and mixing manuka honey with the ground up roots for example and coming uo with some innovative ideas.

I got in to one or two of the plethora of marijuana stocks that appeared on the ASX a year or two back and got out quickly too with profits. many have fallen away since

Balance
07-02-2019, 11:08 AM
I think Hikurangi may have already done that bull down the coast there:), but its called weed because its so easy to grow.So unless they can value add produce unique products alot will go up in smoke. Hikurangi are doing things like looking at the whole plant and mixing manuka honey with the ground up roots for example and coming uo with some innovative ideas.

I got in to one or two of the plethora of marijuana stocks that appeared on the ASX a year or two back and got out quickly too with profits. many have fallen away since

The goldrush begins - and as the old adage goes, the easy money is to sell shovels, buckets and food to the ever eager gold miners at exorbitant prices.

Joshuatree
07-02-2019, 11:17 AM
So what are you selling balance. Im out and gone btw with my nuggets:)

FIsaver
05-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Yep I'll be joining into the IPO. Have stayed away to date from NZ companies to date (not my cup of tea). Will be good to join finally.

RGR367
17-05-2019, 10:16 PM
I received the PDS of Cannasouth Ltd. from ASB late this afternoon re offering 50 cents/share. But no, I'm NOT buying into this.

trader_jackson
18-05-2019, 10:11 AM
https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/disclose/fmc-register/viewInstance/resource.html?node=W717&drmKey=bffa7e6d635204f3&id=0b027646737e9b072057a18cdb59b14a3ee87ba1decf949 f

Here is a direct link to the PDS of this company for those that are interested, although I am personally not interested.

FIsaver
19-05-2019, 09:48 AM
I like it, but $50,000,000 MC I don't know about that seems too steep.

silverblizzard888
19-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Capital raising starting 27th May and closing 14th June
http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/5/338713

Listing will occur on 19th June
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12231770

Annual Report 2019
https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/investors/reports-news/

whome
19-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Well said Lewy. There is a place for medical THC in pain relief. I stand firmly in the scientist/analyst corner and will look for the investment opportunity for this be it NZ, Oz or US/Canada. Can’t be bothered with the emotion of those who form opinion solely from social media banging on about their human rights. Rather be watching for the next ATM!

Baa_Baa
19-05-2019, 11:36 AM
No revenue, no products, perfect what could possibly go wrong. I'm in for flutter if I can get some.

winner69
19-05-2019, 12:36 PM
I’ll put some punting money into this ..bit boring now WINX.AU has been delisted

Quite a few from big end of town already shareholders (didn’t see percy’s Name amongst them though)

Chair Tony Ho did OK out of running a seeds business and we’ll forgive him for being involved in Trutest

silverblizzard888
19-05-2019, 01:21 PM
No revenue, no products, perfect what could possibly go wrong. I'm in for flutter if I can get some.

They do have a product pipeline, but no idea how quick they will be offering these products
https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/what-we-do/products/

Baa_Baa
19-05-2019, 01:33 PM
They do have a product pipeline, but no idea how quick they will be offering these products
https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/what-we-do/products/

Yes, funny how the products page says “what we do” but all of the ‘products’ say “what we will do”. When?

Maybe this could be a PEB, all science and no sales? 🤔

Airw0lf
19-05-2019, 03:22 PM
This doesn't seem justifiable as an investment, does it?

Firstly, the company requires some further regulatory change to be able to fully operationalise the fruits of its research. So if the regulatory change doesn't come, or come in a timely fashion, it's basically worthless.

However, if the regulatory change does come through, then what prevents its overseas competitors from exporting into NZ and beating Cannasouth at its own game, as other posters have already said? I was in LA recently and a lot of mainstream pharmacies had CBD sections for example, so there are obviously loads of companies overseas that have a jump on Cannasouth.

Things might be different if Cannasouth had some unique technology protected by patent or similar that it could take global but it doesn't sound like they have much (any?) of that. I note that the PDS talked about NZ being clean, green, pristine and all that but at the end of the day I don't see that making a huge difference...

silverblizzard888
19-05-2019, 04:00 PM
This doesn't seem justifiable as an investment, does it?

Firstly, the company requires some further regulatory change to be able to fully operationalise the fruits of its research. So if the regulatory change doesn't come, or come in a timely fashion, it's basically worthless.

However, if the regulatory change does come through, then what prevents its overseas competitors from exporting into NZ and beating Cannasouth at its own game, as other posters have already said? I was in LA recently and a lot of mainstream pharmacies had CBD sections for example, so there are obviously loads of companies overseas that have a jump on Cannasouth.

Things might be different if Cannasouth had some unique technology protected by patent or similar that it could take global but it doesn't sound like they have much (any?) of that. I note that the PDS talked about NZ being clean, green, pristine and all that but at the end of the day I don't see that making a huge difference...

Actually for medical cannabis use has been passed into law and the current hold up is having a proper scheme in place which will be this year from what I have read.

"The passing of the Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act late last year requires a medicinal cannabis scheme to be place. The Government has agreed to a 12-month horizon to get this work done. This will allow New Zealand companies like ours to manufacture medicinal cannabis products for both local and international markets."

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE1902/S00046/medicinal-cannabis-scheme-the-priority.htm

"The Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act has been passed and is in effect but the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme is not yet in place. The quality requirements of the scheme will be developed and consulted on in 2019........We anticipate these regulations to be made by the end of 2019."

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/licences-medicinal-cannabis-growers-suppliers-and-producers

The Government has signalled its intent to improve access to medicinal cannabis products for patients through the establishment of a Medicinal Cannabis Scheme (https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/medicinal-cannabis-scheme). One of the proposals is to extend the current licensing regime to cover cultivation and manufacture of medicinal cannabis in New Zealand for commercial purposes.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/growing-and-producing-medicinal-cannabis-products

silverblizzard888
19-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Yes, funny how the products page says “what we do” but all of the ‘products’ say “what we will do”. When?

Maybe this could be a PEB, all science and no sales? 樂

Yeah I do agree it has a PEB like substance towards it. Could spend too much time and money developing the product and when the product is developed they would need to sell it in a crowded market place. Until they have a proper timeline and plan of sale, then I don't have an appetite for such an investment, unless the valuation was cheap enough to justify the risk, which currently doesn't appear so.

Airw0lf
19-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Actually for medical cannabis use has been passed into law and the current hold up is having a proper scheme in place which will be this year from what I have read.

"The passing of the Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act late last year requires a medicinal cannabis scheme to be place. The Government has agreed to a 12-month horizon to get this work done. This will allow New Zealand companies like ours to manufacture medicinal cannabis products for both local and international markets."

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE1902/S00046/medicinal-cannabis-scheme-the-priority.htm

"The Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Act has been passed and is in effect but the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme is not yet in place. The quality requirements of the scheme will be developed and consulted on in 2019........We anticipate these regulations to be made by the end of 2019."

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/licences-medicinal-cannabis-growers-suppliers-and-producers

The Government has signalled its intent to improve access to medicinal cannabis products for patients through the establishment of a Medicinal Cannabis Scheme (https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/medicinal-cannabis-scheme). One of the proposals is to extend the current licensing regime to cover cultivation and manufacture of medicinal cannabis in New Zealand for commercial purposes.

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/medicinal-cannabis/growing-and-producing-medicinal-cannabis-products

Thank you for the clarification, I think I had my understanding nearly correct in that I knew some kind of further regulations were intended to be developed - i.e., the medicinal cannabis scheme. However, from what I know of how government works, end of 2019 for regulations to be developed might become end of 2020?

Lewylewylewy
19-05-2019, 11:04 PM
I think the way to make money on this one is to buy at the right price (obviously) then sell during all the strong feelings when the referendum happens in 2020, before the results... or hold if you're confident it's going to pass.

I don't know about the latter, but there will definitely be a lot of exposure / advertising of these stocks at that time, that will likely push the price up.

I won't be joining in.

bull....
29-05-2019, 10:06 AM
New Zealand’s first weed IPO launches today. Should you buy in?
https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/27-05-2019/new-zealands-first-weed-ipo-launches-today-should-you-buy-in/

Leftfield
29-05-2019, 10:57 AM
New Zealand’s first weed IPO launches today. Should you buy in?
https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/27-05-2019/new-zealands-first-weed-ipo-launches-today-should-you-buy-in/

Easy decision for me.....NO.

kiwidollabill
29-05-2019, 11:13 AM
At least this should create some interesting banter between the bulls and the bears

ShouldHaveHeld
29-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Going to put some into this, might end up with a good high in green or left with just sinking red eyes

Jaa
29-05-2019, 07:46 PM
From the PDS, Cannasouth will have an implied market capitalisation post IPO of $46m - $51m yet has no revenue or even products?!?

The lucky wholesale investors who invested in August stand to make a 6.4x return in 9 months! While the poor investors who waited a month, stand only to make a 2x return in 8 months....!

Summary of Capital Raising Initiatives and Commercial Milestones

• in August 2018, Cannasouth undertook its first external capital raising where
it raised $1.2 million at a pre-investment valuation of $5 million from several
“wholesale investors” (as that term is defined in the Financial Markets Conduct
Act); and

• in October 2018, Cannasouth undertook its second external capital raising,
where it raised $2.5 million at a pre-investment valuation of $18 million from
approximately 38 “wholesale investors” (as that term is defined in the Financial
Markets Conduct Act).

Madness :ohmy:

kiwidollabill
29-05-2019, 08:12 PM
It used to be tulips.... now its dope..... :)

Baa_Baa
29-05-2019, 08:17 PM
From the PDS, Cannasouth will have an implied market capitalisation post IPO of $46m - $51m yet has no revenue or even products?!?

The lucky wholesale investors who invested in August stand to make a 10x return in 9 months! While the poor investors who waited a month, stand only to make a 2.7x return in 8 months....!

Not madness at all, ask yourself why the wholesale (early) investors agreed to IPO? Surely not to get rich(er)? either way they win, by selling into the post IPO euphoria or by holding shares that are are 10 baggers.

Sort of like private equity floats, or back door promoters, they expect pretty much instant returns of 10x+ multiples and it's the dumb f*ck punters who fund it.

And you're right, no product, no revenue and they're a biotech research company. May never be any products, let alone whether any one wants to buy them if they do have products.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Edit: or the ability for production at scale, sales, marketing, distribution ... so many unknowns.

silverblizzard888
29-05-2019, 08:19 PM

The lucky wholesale investors who invested in August stand to make a 10x return in 9 months! While the poor investors who waited a month, stand only to make a 2.7x return in 8 months....!

Actually technically thats not right, since post IPO valuation includes dilution of existing shares. $46-51 million includes the raised $5-10 million. So valuation before dilution is $41 million

August raise is calculated at $5 million valuation + $1.2 million raise = $6.2 million valuation after raise = 41/ 6.2 = 6.6x

October raise is $18 million + $2.5 million = $20.5 million = 41/20.5 = 2x

Still massive gains but not as high as you originally though, though comes with the risk thats why the gains are higher. Its only great when you win, but you'll also have to consider how many other investments that don't make it and to justify the risk they have to give a high reward. By no means do I think the valuation is worth it given no revenues and no ideal future prospects yet, though markets are not rational and think about the big possibilities that could happen.

Jaa
29-05-2019, 08:26 PM
Actually technically thats not right, since post IPO valuation includes dilution of existing shares. $46-51 million includes the raised $5-10 million. So valuation before dilution is $41 million

August raise is calculated at $5 million valuation + $1.2 million raise = $6.2 million valuation after raise = 41/ 6.2 = 6.6x

October raise is $18 million + $2.5 million = $20.5 million = 41/20.5 = 2x

Still massive gains but not as high as you originally though.

Thanks silverblizzard888 that's really clear, will remember to exclude the money raised next time.

Still massively exploitative.

vorno
30-05-2019, 01:30 PM
...What I found interesting is the low amounts the directors are currently paid.

Anthony Ho - $40,000
Conor English - $40,000
Mark Lucas - $80,000
Nic Foreman - $80,000

Furthermore
"No prospective financial information provided"
"Cannasouth has yet to generate any revenue as at the date of this PDS, andhas no contractual arrangements in place which provide for the generation offuture revenues"

whatsup
02-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Can some one post Brian Gaynors Saturday N Z Herald business column, not too flattering comments me thinks and only for the very very very brave imho !!!

buyer beware imo.

Apathy
03-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Tim Preston, Sean Joyce and John Sorensen .............. not much else you really need to know....

whatsup
04-06-2019, 04:06 PM
After reading the N Z Herald I see that one of the first actions that this outfit has done is give fish heads a big salary/pay rise even though there is no real business plan with meaningful financial plans available, says it all IMHO !

SilverBack
04-06-2019, 05:37 PM
The NZX is sending out emails advertising the IPO. A sure sign that Cannasouth is having trouble filling up the issue. Not one to stag in my opinion.

bull....
04-06-2019, 05:54 PM
The NZX is sending out emails advertising the IPO. A sure sign that Cannasouth is having trouble filling up the issue. Not one to stag in my opinion.

if listed in aus probably would have been at 20c?

peat
04-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Can some one post Brian Gaynors Saturday N Z Herald business column, not too flattering comments me thinks and only for the very very very brave imho !!!

buyer beware imo.
the title certainly gives you his views.
no revenue
no escrow.
large profits for original shareholders despite short passage of time (and no obvious i.p though he doesnt actually say that)

Schrodinger
05-06-2019, 09:19 AM
the title certainly gives you his views.
no revenue
no escrow.
large profits for original shareholders despite short passage of time (and no obvious i.p though he doesnt actually say that)

No revenue and valued at $50M. Funds to be raised for *research*. Avoid.

Received an NZX spam in my inbox must be desperate.

Schrodinger
05-06-2019, 09:20 AM
And for that reason, I'm out.

Sharktank fan?

whatsup
05-06-2019, 09:22 AM
No revenue and valued at $50M. Funds to be raised for *research*. Avoid.

IMHO this sort of outfit should be declined listing by the NZX , I thought that all of the cowboys were gone from the NZX ( ie Kiwibear et al ) but that does not appear to be the case.

Schrodinger
05-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Yeah agreed. Some of the most recent tech listings are doing pretty well after slow starts. But pre revenue biotech gives me the heebies.

SilverBack
05-06-2019, 09:40 AM
IMHO this sort of outfit should be declined listing by the NZX , I thought that all of the cowboys were gone from the NZX ( ie Kiwibear et al ) but that does not appear to be the case.

THe NZX is desperate to get new listings. If they can within their rules and security rules, they will.

bull....
10-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Cannabis use in U.S. adults over age 65 saw more than a tenfold increase from 2007 to 2017

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/marijuana-use-among-baby-boomers-rose-tenfold-over-decade-as-seniors-seek-out-pot-for-medical-treatment.html

looks the biggest market in the future will be over 65s

Brain
10-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Your mention of Kiwibear brings back memories. Although to be fair comparing Cannasouth with Kiwibear does Kiwibear a disservice. At least Kiwibear had some sort of business plan.
I regret not keeping some of those prospectuses they would make interesting reading.

whatsup
10-06-2019, 11:45 AM
I see that this " investment " is due to list on the 19/6/19 , thoughts please !

minimoke
10-06-2019, 12:56 PM

Balance
10-06-2019, 01:26 PM
I've got my barge pole out.

Agree with you 100% - this is not an investment.

Expect though that the promoters will 'manage' this to list at a premium to suck the naive and greedy in - just like Snakk, Plus SMS etc etc.

There are enough out there who are easily sucked into the latest and greatest - as promoted.

Get in, get out before they have a chance to unleash their shares onto the market after the expected ramping up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

whatsup
10-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Agree with you 100% - this is not an investment.

Expect though that the promoters will 'manage' this to list at a premium to suck the naive and greedy in - just like Snakk, Plus SMS etc etc.

There are enough out there who are easily sucked into the latest and greatest - as promoted.

Get in, get out before they have a chance to unleash their shares onto the market after the expected ramping up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

So WHY would anyone get involved in this CR@P in the first place, there are enough thrill shares out there atm !

Balance
10-06-2019, 01:57 PM
So WHY would anyone get involved in this CR@P in the first place, there are enough thrill shares out there atm !

Same reason why 'anyone' got involved in Plus SMS & Snakk.

I met many a lawyer, accountant, broker and many a director (during the time that Plus SMS was being ramped ever higher) who asked me why i was not participating in the great story of Plus SMS.

The rest as they say, is history which the NZX is hell-bent on repeating (refer Brian Gaynor's NZ Herald article).

minimoke
13-06-2019, 04:06 PM

bull....
13-06-2019, 06:00 PM
MBIE funding welcome news for medicinal cannabishttp://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1906/S00339/mbie-funding-welcome-news-for-medicinal-cannabis.htm

The country’s largest licensed medicinal cannabis company, Helius Therapeutics

minimoke
13-06-2019, 07:06 PM

kiwitrev
19-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Listed today. No sale yet-Buyers 65c Sellers 57c augers well for a quick start. Ticker CBD.

19-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Who are the two smart ones with a buy price for 1 share each at 1 cent.

Looks like they had second thoughts and removed the bids.

kiwitrev
19-06-2019, 10:31 AM
It's a weird looking board - games being played? Buyers now 75c Sellers 55c no sales.

19-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Must be a 1100 kick off. Time for the TV cameras to set them selves up.

winner69
19-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Need the big WELCOME TO THE NZX speech and all that glitz

First new listing this year .....HUGE EVENT

The tension mounts

bull....
19-06-2019, 10:52 AM
will they be handing out doobies at the launch?

winner69
19-06-2019, 10:55 AM
will they be handing out doobies at the launch?

Not too sure

Do they have a big bell to ring to open trading at NZX

minimoke
19-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Arbroath
19-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Looks like a flop....trading up 1c at 51c with plenty of sellers lined up and thin bids....how long before its at 40-45c and drifing lower?

allfromacell
19-06-2019, 11:01 AM
And open, plenty on the sell side, will be fun to watch how this trades today.

silverblizzard888
19-06-2019, 11:02 AM
reaching a high of 51 cents...

Next buy orders at 47 cents for 1000 shares ......

Then 45 cents for 9000 shares.....

This isn't going to be pretty at all.

bull....
19-06-2019, 11:07 AM
reaching a high of 51 cents...

Next buy orders at 47 cents for 1000 shares ......

Then 45 cents for 9000 shares.....

This isn't going to be pretty at all.

was way over priced so im not surprised its a weak listing

minimoke
19-06-2019, 11:10 AM

peat
19-06-2019, 11:11 AM
turns out its just cabbage.

bull....
19-06-2019, 11:12 AM
turns out its just cabbage.

no buzz for the punters

silverblizzard888
19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
was way over priced so im not surprised its a weak listing

Yeah it seemed clear as day this wasn't worth $50 million, but I still feel sorry for the bloodshed for the people who bought in at 50 cents. Sellers are beginning to mount on the seller side, its only a matter of time till someone calls AVALANCHE!

Leftfield
19-06-2019, 11:17 AM
no buzz for the punters

My strategy of not participating in IPO's (particularly ones with questionable Directors and unproven revenue sources/profitability,) is working just fine!

bull....
19-06-2019, 11:19 AM
My strategy of not participating in IPO's (particularly ones with questionable Directors and unproven revenue sources/profitability,) is working just fine!

the second part of your statement is very astute

whatsup
19-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Is that sorehead and the other fishheads selling today, money for jam, IMHO this could mirror SNAKK and dribble down to where, .00000 1? w

percy
19-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Is that sorehead and the other fishheads selling today, money for jam, IMHO this could mirror SNAKK and dribble down to where, .00000 1? w

"No surprises here."

whatsup
19-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Am I reading this right that sore head has 9 mil shares in this outfit can I ask someone for what cost ?

bull....
19-06-2019, 12:03 PM
this stock might go down in nz history as the biggest ipo flop ever?

FIsaver
19-06-2019, 12:18 PM
this stock might go down in nz history as the biggest ipo flop ever?

It was way to expensive/high market cap, dudes just got pretty rich i must say!

whatsup
19-06-2019, 12:20 PM
whats the true value here considering its financials, track record and prospects ?

Sideshow Bob
19-06-2019, 12:27 PM
I've got the munchies.....oh, it is lunchtime......

sb9
19-06-2019, 12:28 PM
whats the true value here considering its financials, track record and prospects ?

Big fat "0"....

silverblizzard888
19-06-2019, 12:29 PM

For me currently I'd value them at $15 million, considering the cash they have, the risk involved particularly no revenue, they have some good intellectuals onboard, but as the stock market will always point out its about future cashflows and theres a lot of doubt we'd see any anytime soon. They will lose a ton of money in R & D and then if they have products the time it takes to sell and gaining traction will be tough on them too.

FIsaver
19-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Yeah 15m there is a better number (-70%) - but 50! and most went to the two people. I think shareholders might have needed a bit more skin in the game than that.

-28% at the moment - good to see the market represent a better value in this. ~40 mill

-50%-75% and maybe I'll be interested. Or will wait to see how they intent to jusitify current value.

Balance
19-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Am I reading this right that sore head has 9 mil shares in this outfit can I ask someone for what cost ?

Try zero for the original shareholders/founders of the company - 58.1m shares (now worth magically $29.05m at IPO price of 50c).

Try 8.6c for the 13.9m shares issued to the promoters.

So the idiots who paid 50c for the IPO shares were/are paying 5.8 times (580% more) than the promoters.

And as Brian Gaynor highlighted in his article, there's no escrow arrangement so they are free to sell out day 1 - which they probably already are.

Why do and why should they care about the idiots who willingly parted $10m for less than 20% of the company?

Balance
19-06-2019, 01:07 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12241768

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money/2019/06/medicinal-cannabis-company-cannasouth-listed-on-the-nzx.html

Get excited - the company aims to be a world leader.

Looking forward to the many congratulatory photos of the NZX welcoming its first IPO since forever.

Calling MARK PETERSON & JAMES MILLER! Where are you both????????

minimoke
19-06-2019, 04:57 PM

Balance
19-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Nervous holders. Can they eek out more than $0.40 by close of day?

40 cents it is.

Tomorrow is when it starts to freefall?

percy
19-06-2019, 05:23 PM
40 cents it is.

Tomorrow is when it starts to freefall?

Amazing.
Thought the freefall would have started this afternoon.

Balance
19-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Amazing.
Thought the freefall would have started this afternoon.

Apparently these boys operate on an 'understanding' so the sellers today would mostly be those who thought there was a stag in this.

Given that there's no escrow & shares are zero for the original shareholders and 8.6c for the promoters, there will be selling soon enough when the company starts pumping out the 'good' news.

Plus SMS, SeaDragon & Snakk anyone?

winner69
19-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Apparently these boys operate on an 'understanding' so the sellers today would mostly be those who thought there was a stag in this.

Given that there's no escrow & shares are zero for the original shareholders and 8.6c for the promoters, there will be selling soon enough when the company starts pumping out the 'good' news.

Plus SMS, SeaDragon & Snakk anyone?

Good news coming in August I reckon .....maybe even late July

whatsup
19-06-2019, 07:09 PM
IMHO current S Hers should get out now as Im picking that this is as good as it gets !

Leftfield
19-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Good news coming in August I reckon .....maybe even late July

Crikey......What year are you talking ???

whatsup
20-06-2019, 09:13 AM
So does anyone know anyone of the 1400 " investors " who put their hard earned into this outfit ?

Im wondering now if they would pile into it at .40 ?

Sideshow Bob
20-06-2019, 12:02 PM
Up to $0.41 this morning. Wonder if the publicity of listing bought in a new round of punters??

silu
21-06-2019, 02:48 PM
I've completely stayed out of this and didn't bother researching until today for a bit. I don't need an answer to this but how the hell did this get valued at $50m??
Now that I got it out of the system I move on to better things.

Arbroath
21-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Imho this is the type of crap float the desperate NZX takes on whereas a higher quality float from NZ these days would head to the ASX

It's an existential question for the NZX and its reputation.

I've completely stayed out of this and didn't bother researching until today for a bit. I don't need an answer to this but how the hell did this get valued at $50m??
Now that I got it out of the system I move on to better things.

Balance
21-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Imho this is the type of crap float the desperate NZX takes on whereas a higher quality float from NZ these days would head to the ASX

It's an existential question for the NZX and its reputation.

NZX has zero credibility and its reputation is that of an old has-been hag standing around street corners touting for business.

It's little wonder it only attracted CannaSouth - they are all high on something!

winner69
21-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Director Ho bought a bundle of shares

Buy when insiders are buying they say

Balance
27-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Sp at 36c one week after listing and the cannabis-induced investors who paid 50c are down 28% :eek2:

Much more pain ahead as those who obtained their shares for 0c, 6.7c and 25c will look for every opportunity to lock in their gains.

At 36c, those who git their shares at 6.7c are still sitting on 437% gain - but how many will they be able to sell before those who paid 50c wake up from their cannabis-induced hypnotic state of mind? :scared:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/CBD/336688/302469.pdf

Page 17 - IPO publicity photo which never made it to the NZX website or media. Wonder why! :D

whatsup
28-06-2019, 04:41 PM
slip sliding away ( again ) imho CBD will drift down to its real value sub .10 it might take a while but who would buy this cr@p with no real numbers !!

Balance
28-06-2019, 04:55 PM
slip sliding away ( again ) imho CBD will drift down to its real value sub .10 it might take a while but who would buy this cr@p with no real numbers !!

Down down indeed to 33c, looks like those who were allotted shares at 25c are trying to get out?

Guess those who got their shares at 6.7c are beating them to the smokehouse?

Balance
28-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Down down indeed to 33c, looks like those who were allotted shares at 25c are trying to get out?

Guess those who got their shares at 6.7c are beating them to the smokehouse?

Here's how it looks for the cannabis-induced shareholders who paid 50c :

- they will need CBD's sp to go up 52% to breakeven,

- but those allocated shares at 6.7c are still sitting on 393% gain.

Not too hard to figure out where this sp is heading towards!

Joshuatree
28-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Reminds me of 42 Below, issued themselves millions of shares at re 2 or 3c from memory then sold out early screwing most of the shareholders that had supported them.

Balance
30-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Reminds me of 42 Below, issued themselves millions of shares at re 2 or 3c from memory then sold out early screwing most of the shareholders that had supported them.

Correction - 42 Below was actually sold to Bacardi & anyone who invested in the company and not sold out earlier made money.

I think you may be referring to Snakk, SeaDragon, CERE, Plus SMS ?

Balance
30-06-2019, 11:02 AM
So does anyone know anyone of the 1400 " investors " who put their hard earned into this outfit ?

Im wondering now if they would pile into it at .40 ?

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/06/29/3-hot-cannabis-stocks-to-watch-in-july.aspx

While investors in other Cannabis stocks are making money, the Cannasouth investors who paid 50c are down 34% in one week!

At this rate, it will be 10c by year end as those who obtained stock at 6.7c continues to sell down to lock in their gains whenever there's an opportunity.

carrom74
30-06-2019, 12:43 PM
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/06/29/3-hot-cannabis-stocks-to-watch-in-july.aspx

While investors in other Cannabis stocks are making money, the Cannasouth investors who paid 50c are down 34% in one week!

At this rate, it will be 10c by year end as those who obtained stock at 6.7c continues to sell down to lock in their gains whenever there's an opportunity.

This is ridiculous to say the least..

1.No Escrow period for the shares bought at 6.7c...
2.Cannabis stocks funded through crowdfunding or through NZX are all in gestation period.So will take a while to see real money.
3.The referendum also may have an impact on these companies.
4.NZX was so desperate( I guess..) to get new companies on board and it ended up getting this mutt.
5.I still recollect companies like Hirepool was pulled from listing because of its price...Those times were different...

Joshuatree
30-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Correction - 42 Below was actually sold to Bacardi & anyone who invested in the company and not sold out earlier made money.

I think you may be referring to Snakk, SeaDragon, CERE, Plus SMS ?

You can't deny me and many other investors our experience, we were screwed by the directors and owners who issued many millions of shares to them selves for next to nothing and sold us out, fact.

Balance
30-06-2019, 04:18 PM
You can't deny me and many other investors our experience, we were screwed by the directors and owners who issued many millions of shares to them selves for next to nothing and sold us out, fact.

Not trying to deny anyone any experience - just trying to figure out how anyone could have lost money on 42 Below when the company was taken over at an ATH price?

Granted, the founding directors made squillions as they paid almost nothing for their shares.

silu
02-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Out of interest and not trying to mock but does anyone have a list of the worst IPOs? CBD has lost nearly 50% of its IPO price in next to no time.

whatsup
02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Out of interest and not trying to mock but does anyone have a list of the worst IPOs? CBD has lost nearly 50% of its IPO price in next to no time.

and it aint over yet, try .08 shortly.

Balance
02-07-2019, 04:44 PM
Here's how it looks for the cannabis-induced shareholders who paid 50c :

- they will need CBD's sp to go up 52% to breakeven,

- but those allocated shares at 6.7c are still sitting on 393% gain.

Not too hard to figure out where this sp is heading towards!

Sp now 28 cents and heading towards 7c in a big hurry as it's clear that those who got their shares at 25c are bailing out while they can.

So question is when those who got their shares at 6.7c join in the selling before it's too late for them!

At 28c, the cannabis-induced 50c IPO punters have lost 44% and now needs the sp to rise 79% to break even,

What they are up against is that those who got their shares at 6.7c are still sitting on 318% profit.

Very clear where the sp is heading - and it's not back to 50c!!~!!!

Lola
02-07-2019, 04:56 PM
sp now 28 cents and heading towards 7c in a big hurry as it's clear that those who got their shares at 25c are bailing out while they can.

So question is when those who got their shares at 6.7c join in the selling before it's too late for them!

At 28c, the cannabis-induced 50c ipo punters have lost 44% and now needs the sp to rise 79% to break even,

what they are up against is that those who got their shares at 6.7c are still sitting on 318% profit.

Very clear where the sp is heading - and it's not back to 50c!!~!!!

this is a disgrace and goes to show once again that the people in the nzx are incompetant to the point of being dangerous. Thi damn thing should be delisted before more harm is done and a full enquiry by outside (impartial) ib experienced people launched.

traineeinvestor
02-07-2019, 05:14 PM
this is a disgrace and goes to show once again that the people in the nzx are incompetant to the point of being dangerous. Thi damn thing should be delisted before more harm is done and a full enquiry by outside (impartial) ib experienced people launched.

I'm sure they could give the share price a wee boost by offering a generous shareholder discount on the company's products. :eek2:

SilverBack
02-07-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm sure they could give the share price a wee boost by offering a generous shareholder discount on the company's products. :eek2:

What products? They have no products. That is the point. They only have operating expenses, admin expenses, and management.

traineeinvestor
02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
What products? They have no products. That is the point. They only have operating expenses, admin expenses, and management.

Exactly - I can only assume that most people buying the shares haven't read the listing documents at all.

Baa_Baa
02-07-2019, 06:27 PM

Lol, true but they also have heaps of pot, lots of exotic varieties sourced worldwide. Might be a side business there with a few plastic bags and a roll of tin foil?

:eek2:

percy
02-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Lol, true but they also have heaps of pot, lots of exotic varieties sourced worldwide. Might be a side business there with a few plastic bags and a roll of tin foil?

NZX must have been on something to have let them list.
A disgrace the market could have done without.

SilverBack
02-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Have you been able to identify the level of shareholding held by the Blackpower, Mongel Mob and the Nomads? Moving product through CBD could be a good way of money laundering.

SilverBack
02-07-2019, 10:21 PM
NZX must have been on something to have let them list.
A disgrace the market could have done without.

At my last NZX function they proudly served wines and beers from companies on the NZX. I wonder what we will get in the future?

Balance
02-07-2019, 10:31 PM
At my last NZX function they proudly served wines and beers from companies on the NZX. I wonder what we will get in the future?

What a scary thought! Bad enough that they are obviously smoking some stuff to talk up CBD’s IPO but to try & get guests to try whatever they are smoking?

SilverBack
02-07-2019, 10:44 PM
What a scary thought! Bad enough that they are obviously smoking some stuff to talk up CBD’s IPO but to try & get guests to try whatever they are smoking?

What better way to get the guests to take them seriously?

Airw0lf
04-07-2019, 07:56 PM
I read something the other day that Callaghan Innovation are going to be granting them some money. So not only are these guys destroying (new post-IPO) shareholders' money, they are also robbing the taxpayer.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1907/S00103/cannasouth-to-receive-callaghan-funding.htm

RupertBear
04-07-2019, 08:19 PM
I read something the other day that Callaghan Innovation are going to be granting them some money. So not only are these guys destroying (new post-IPO) shareholders' money, they are also robbing the taxpayer.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1907/S00103/cannasouth-to-receive-callaghan-funding.htm

They were my thoughts exactly when I read that :t_down:

Joshuatree
04-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Fourth grant. First harvest only 2 moons await, its all a happening!

Plant material from Cannasouth’s Waikato-based cultivation facility will be used in its Waikato Innovation Park laboratory to extract cannabinoid compounds for the proposed projects. The first harvest of plants growing in the facility is expected in the next two months, it said.

hogie
04-07-2019, 08:53 PM
They were my thoughts exactly when I read that :t_down:

Me too ... what a load of crock ... I didn't ask to contribute my hard earned $ towards this ....

kiwitrev
05-07-2019, 02:43 PM
https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976515137/cannasouth-breaks-listing-drought.html?utm_source=GR&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GoodReturns+Market+Report+for+4+Jul+2 019

Balance
06-07-2019, 09:40 AM
https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976515137/cannasouth-breaks-listing-drought.html?utm_source=GR&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GoodReturns+Market+Report+for+4+Jul+2 019

The desperation of the incompetents at the NZX is laughable but in the end, tragically is destructive for the future of the NZX. Another 1454 mugs to the slaughter, courtesy of the misfits at the NZX.

"Despite this, there is investor appetite around the sector, and according to the CBD chairman 1454 new shareholders who took part in the IPO process, implying an average holding of $6,800.

This is a good time to mention a major flaw in CBD’s IPO structure - there is no escrow to stop major shareholders from dumping their shares.

Usually in IPOs there is a commitment for major stakeholders to hold on to their stock for at least 12-months."

Xerof
06-07-2019, 11:58 AM
You'll recall another IPO that suffered (partly) from the same fate, of foundation shareholders cashing in big time, Balance. DIL, but then look what eventually happened there? 7c entry might be worth a dip of the toe

Balance
06-07-2019, 02:39 PM
You'll recall another IPO that suffered (partly) from the same fate, of foundation shareholders cashing in big time, Balance. DIL, but then look what eventually happened there? 7c entry might be worth a dip of the toe

Agreed - case of monitoring developments to see what happens.

Never get too negative or too positive about any stock.

DIL became a BUY when the Americans move in with additional capital & their connections.

Brian Henry will be regretting to today his decision to sell out when the sp moved back to 38c from the lows after the Americans bought in.

He only left $7.01 per share behind!!!!!!!

Long way to go for Cannasouth sp to go down to - no product, no market, nothing!

GTM 3442
06-07-2019, 08:48 PM
If you were one of their suppliers, what credit terms would you have them on?

Balance
07-07-2019, 12:05 PM
If you were one of their suppliers, what credit terms would you have them on?

Like PEB, COD or prepayment!

Sideshow Bob
08-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Another glowing article:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/114007349/budget-buster-how-cannasouth-made-a-hash-of-its-ipo

This is the saying it reminds me of.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG0yq2ATWbc

bull....
10-07-2019, 03:03 PM
The proposed regulations, out for consultation now, are part of the work the Government is doing to establish its Medicinal Cannabis Agency (MCA) ahead of the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme anticipated to come into effect in 2020.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/114124620/government-not-proposing-thc-limit-for-medicinal-cannabis-products

submissions open now

SilverBack
10-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Agreed - case of monitoring developments to see what happens.

Never get too negative or too positive about any stock.

DIL became a BUY when the Americans move in with additional capital & their connections.

Brian Henry will be regretting to today his decision to sell out when the sp moved back to 38c from the lows after the Americans bought in.

He only left $7.01 per share behind!!!!!!!

Long way to go for Cannasouth sp to go down to - no product, no market, nothing!

Never under rate hype and market sentiment. It can be worth more than product and market capability. At present the North American gold explorers cannot raise funds because so many investors are putting their money into cannabis stocks. Which further adds to the incompetence of NTL making an issue just after the CBD IPO.

kiwidollabill
11-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Someone asked me about investing in this industry. I think its a good case of the old addage "sell the shovels to the miners"..... ASX:HRL gold star to the one that figures out the connection..... P.S. is there a 'Monsanto' equalivent for cannabis? That'd be a better punt.

Balance
11-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Someone asked me about investing in this industry. I think its a good case of the old addage "sell the shovels to the miners"..... ASX:HRL gold star to the one that figures out the connection..... P.S. is there a 'Monsanto' equalivent for cannabis? That'd be a better punt.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannabis-etf-market-cheapest-marijuana-142214171.html

One way to get global exposure instead of this CBD NZX mickey mouse rip-off BS.

GTM 3442
11-07-2019, 03:28 PM

Horizon's Marijuana Fund (HMMJ.TSX) performed well for me, but they're a Canadian outfit. Nicely diversified acrid the North American industry.

I sold out about a year ago, but in 18 months before that they'd gone from CAD9 to CAD22. Think they're about CAD17 now.

Joshuatree
11-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Some of us did well on the" Medicinal Marijuana " ASX thread started in 2016.Paid to be in early tho (and out too ,for most).

GR8DAY
12-07-2019, 10:41 AM
.......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.

bull....
12-07-2019, 11:26 AM
.......interesting research on the National Programme this morning. Purely as an Analgesic, medical marijuana rated as giving very little (if any) benefit. 23 out of 24 participants suffering from chronic pain experienced less than 30% improvement in pain symptoms. I'll stick with the Tramadol I think.

think it depends on the strain of weed you use. just like pills they are developed for different illness.

Today, chronic pain affects more people than cancer (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/cancer-oncology/), heart disease (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/237191.php), and diabetes (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/diabetes/) combined. Chronic pain is the most common (https://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=57) cause of long-term disability in the United States.

The researchers found that participants preferred indica strains for pain management, sedation, and sleep while they would opt for sativa strains to improve energy and mood

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322051.php

bull....
19-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-18/thailand-is-poised-to-take-an-early-lead-in-the-cannabis-race?srnd=premium-asia

It’s not the only nation rethinking cannabis. Malaysia and Laos are considering legalizing medical use of the crop, and the Philippines’ lower legislature has passed a medical cannabis measure

wow NZ better hurry the world is moving into this space

Balance
24-07-2019, 11:45 AM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-reveals-cannasouth-sellers

Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

Thanks for coming, mugs!

Baa_Baa
24-07-2019, 09:26 PM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/data-reveals-cannasouth-sellers

Those who got their shares at pre-IPO bailing out.

Thanks for coming, mugs!

Surprising the buying support helping these scumbags unload their pre-ipo shares at multiple bag gains.

Sigh, is this what share investing in NZ new ipo’s has devolved to? Disgraceful, NZX has become a willing vehicle for the clever and informed to get rich at the advantage of the ill informed and inexperienced.

No product, no revenue, no profit … just a cool story dressed up in a promotional prospectus (even with all the ‘you could lose all your money caveats’) sucking in the inexperienced, filling the coffers of the very experienced.

It’s like NZX is trying to move on the VC market? I disagree with Snowy, because the investors this type of listing appeals to are mainly those who have none of the skills required to figure out whether it will ever make them some money!

kiora
25-07-2019, 02:02 AM
Really takes me back to the 80's?
All those oil companies listing and their wells were all going to be good ones :)

aquaman
14-08-2019, 02:49 PM
A positive update?
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/339063

winner69
14-08-2019, 03:13 PM
A positive update?
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/339063

Aaron Craig is a pretty reliable guy and appears to do well whatever he turns to.

Hence a positive announcement.

kiwitrev
20-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Aaron Craig is a pretty reliable guy and appears to do well whatever he turns to.

Hence a positive announcement.

I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry. For those that have been knockers and only a view for a quick buck you are entitled to your view, but it is misplaced. Who knows how it will turn out but we do know it is a growing industry worldwide and almost certain solutions will be found to get medical marijuana to market. For investors in the case of CBD it is all timing of entry. Those who participated in the IPO may be feeling a bit hollow at present but only time will tell if holding on for the long haul is the correct decision. Don't forget the float at 50c provided CBD with initial funds to get on with their research. Below is a recent item from their website which is worthy of reading.
Disc not held.
https://www.cannasouth.co.nz/2019/waikato-firm-poised-for-medicinal-cannabis-wave/

Balance
20-08-2019, 09:14 AM
I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry. For those that have been knockers and only a view for a quick buck you are entitled to your view, but it is misplaced. /[/url]

'First class' humans who couldn't care a hoot about corporate morality and integrity?

In the same category as Snakk's Derek Handley - out to save himself (sorry, the world - his material world).:t_down:

kiwitrev
20-08-2019, 09:27 AM
'First class' humans who couldn't care a hoot about corporate morality and integrity?

In the same category as Snakk's Derek Handley - out to save himself (sorry, the world - his world).

Buying into the IPO was voluntary, individuals did so with the knowledge CBD had no product, no trading history and were in early development/trial stage and should have been obvious to all if CBD was to be a success it was going to take time. You sound like you were one of those looking for a quick buck,but of course I don't know if that's so. It's called investing, not speculating.

Balance
20-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Buying into the IPO was voluntary, individuals did so with the knowledge CBD had no product, no trading history and were in early development/trial stage and should have been obvious to all if CBD was to be a success it was going to take time. You sound like you were one of those looking for a quick buck,but of course I don't know if that's so. It's called investing, not speculating.

Quick buck?

You got that one BANG ON - just apply it to the backdoor merchants & the Derek Handley copy cats.

We do not need apologists for their type of behavior - but you are welcome to uphold their highly questionable corporate 'integrity & morality' - will not blame you as their snake & canna oil must be rather intoxicating? :t_down:

Nice Option
20-08-2019, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=kiwitrev;768676]I feel like I have to defend CBD. Take it from me these guys are first class humans with ideals and a passion for developing this exciting and as yet unproven industry

You been smoking the good stuff mate? The promoters of the IPO should be locked up....classic pump and dump type dealing

bull....
30-08-2019, 08:43 AM
potential competitor starting up

Former Nelson mayor Aldo Miccio behind plans for medicinal cannabis facility
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/115366872/former-nelson-mayor-aldo-miccio-behind-plans-for-medicinal-cannabis-facility

good to see more people entering this space , the industry will be huge in the future.

aquaman
05-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Almost back to IPO price...

bull....
05-09-2019, 12:30 PM
see helen clark our former prime minister is now a big supporter of legalising cannabis. she used to be a doubter but now relises criminalising people for something they gonna do anyway is dumb

Helen Clark: New Zealand needs legal weed
https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/03-09-2019/helen-clark-says-new-zealand-needs-legal-weed/

Baa_Baa
05-09-2019, 12:32 PM
After a disaster IPO @ $0.51 19/6 and a fall 55% to low $0.28 2/7 CBD knocking on IPO price again, now $0.495 up 77%.

Nice if you got in around the low SP.

Sideshow Bob
05-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Almost back to IPO price...

Unbelievable...…

People will buy shares in anything.

bull....
06-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Unbelievable...…

obviously you do not see the potential size of the market. there is always big risk in a new market, pick the right one in a new market and your retire a millionaire , pick the wrong one and lose all your money. simple

RGR367
06-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Unbelievable...…

Yeah and we got an Auckland bridge to sell to them :p

deez_nutz
09-09-2019, 11:01 AM
I'm new to investing (and sharetrader, hi! :)) - backed these guys on sharesies about a month ago, seems to be going well so far! not sure why everyone here is so negative about them?

pg0220
09-09-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm new to investing (and sharetrader, hi! :)) - backed these guys on sharesies about a month ago, seems to be going well so far! not sure why everyone here is so negative about them?
Because they don’t generate any income :)

deez_nutz
09-09-2019, 11:17 AM
ha, fair enough!

I guess its speculative as its based on the upcoming industry - but they do seem to be getting their ducks in a row

bull....
09-09-2019, 12:06 PM
ha, fair enough!

I guess its speculative as its based on the upcoming industry - but they do seem to be getting their ducks in a row

highly speculative , if they get it right could do well , if they dont probably lose all your money

actually i should have said if you got in around the lows of 35c odd your currently well positioned ( up 100% now lol ) now to take some of the table and be free carried now on the rest of your holding. ( free carried means selling some to get your initial investment back and seeing what happens with the profits in the future) not advice just a strategy some people use.

Leftfield
09-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Share investing. Good luck with your investment.

Many investors here have seen companies like this come and go before. The 'negative' comments that may concern you are made because until this company proves itself with a regular revenue stream and regular profits it is viewed by many as an extremely 'risky' investment.

While none of us can predict the future, it is likely that it will be several years before profitability is reached and in that time there is strong risk of share price dilution via the need for additional capital raising (not to mention all the other risks of market crashes, lack of product sales, competition, take overs, etc etc)

If you have picked this company well and it moves quickly into profitability you may well become very rich.

In the meantime some of us prefer to have our money elsewhere in 'proven companies' where returns are more certain and less risky. However you can be sure that when/if this company ever moves into profitability many of us will re-evaluate it and possibly join you.

deez_nutz
09-09-2019, 01:41 PM
( free carried means selling some to get your initial investment back and seeing what happens with the profits in the future) not advice just a strategy some people use.

thanks for explaining - definitely something I've considered doing but wasn't aware of the term used for this strategy

mondograss
09-09-2019, 02:36 PM
You also have to consider just how much competition is out there, and the fact that these guys are starting from a long way back. There's other Aus companies already up and running and bringing in revenue, plus all the Canadian outfits. That's not to say that CannaSouth won't at some point come up with a competitive product but really just how much can they differentiate themselves? It's going to get pretty crowded over the next year or so and I don't like the chances of a late entry startup.

Baa_Baa
09-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Goodness, look at that for price action! Amazing what market sentiment can provoke regardless of any fundamental basis. There will be winners and losers, I hope those folks buying this rally have the wherewithal to know how to manage their position. Great for the promoters and insiders, I expect another announcement soon regarding who’s feeding the buying frenzy.

pg0220
09-09-2019, 11:36 PM
SP action without much fundamental means worrisome sleepless nights unless you think you know exactly when to be in and out.... This reminds me of KTD on asx about a year ago... GLTAH

bull....
10-09-2019, 10:12 AM
80c on fire 1 dollar soooon lol must be a wicked strain of weed they developing eh

bull....
10-09-2019, 03:17 PM
another lesson there when you get a price enquiry normally spells the end of rally , esp when its based on nothing

deez_nutz
10-09-2019, 03:58 PM
What goes up must come down!

Nice Option
10-09-2019, 04:05 PM
That is truly bizarre price action - I hope the regulators have a decent look at that given the names behind this company have previously brought us Blockbusters including Plus SMS, QEX, Truscreem, Promisia and the like !

Nice Option
10-09-2019, 04:31 PM
you are on to it OGG, just look at the names behind it (Preston, Sorenson et al) and you will see recurring theme

pg0220
10-09-2019, 04:32 PM
lol thanks for a big laugh CBD. You made my day.

sb9
10-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Hope retail gullible investors didn't get sucked into this pump n dump.

trader_jackson
10-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Hope retail gullible investors didn't get sucked into this pump n dump.

Unfortunately that is almost certainly exactly the people who got sucked into it as they are the only ones (unfortunately) dumb enough to do so.

silverblizzard888
10-09-2019, 08:54 PM
For a second I thought I missed something cause NZ stocks are barely ever pumped and dumped to this degree, but now that we have platforms like Sharesies where every newbie and their dog can start investing, pumps and dumps will start to look normal. Too much hype on trends, not enough research and far too much FOMO by new investors looking to make a punt then later blaming the market for being risky when they lose. Its a bit of schadenfreude watching it, but I do feel for the ones that suckered in, fundamentals please everyone! Though some people made some good gains, so maybe its not stupid if you can make profits, its just a stupid decision when you lose though!

bull....
11-09-2019, 08:03 AM
For a second I thought I missed something cause NZ stocks are barely ever pumped and dumped to this degree, but now that we have platforms like Sharesies where every newbie and their dog can start investing, pumps and dumps will start to look normal. Too much hype on trends, not enough research and far too much FOMO by new investors looking to make a punt then later blaming the market for being risky when they lose. Its a bit of schadenfreude watching it, but I do feel for the ones that suckered in, fundamentals please everyone! Though some people made some good gains, so maybe its not stupid if you can make profits, its just a stupid decision when you lose though!

roughly 8m shares traded last 5 days so some people made good gains , funny it started ralling after helen clark says she supports legal weed ..... they say these days social influencers have a big effect on people buying stuff. just look even nz is paying social influencers now millions of dollars to promote NZ.

helen clark is probably one of the biggest social influencers from the political scene i reckon bigger than ardern or key

pg0220
11-09-2019, 09:53 AM
helen clark is probably one of the biggest social influencers from the political scene i reckon bigger than ardern or key
Or she was a holder?

justakiwi
11-09-2019, 01:19 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/340631

Edit: never mind. Just realised it's old (yesterday's) news.

How does one delete a post btw? I can't see any delete option anywhere.

BlackPeter
11-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Click on "edit post" and when you are in editing mode click on "delete".

Edit - oops - this used to work but it appears the moderator (or whoever) removed this option. So I guess, you only can edit and remove the content, but not the post.

Stupid.

justakiwi
11-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Thanks! I thought be must be missing something. Stupid indeed.

Click on "edit post" and when you are in editing mode click on "delete".

Edit - oops - this used to work but it appears the moderator (or whoever) removed this option. So I guess, you only can edit and remove the content, but not the post.

Stupid.

bull....
11-09-2019, 05:01 PM
heading back to highssss soon ?

bull....
12-09-2019, 10:13 AM
patrick gowers doco on weed last night was good. nearly made me cry his guilt on not helping his mum with her pain.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/115727495/patrick-gowers-cannabis-crusade-for-his-mother

deez_nutz
12-09-2019, 10:26 AM
yeah that was a really touching moment - can see why there is so much interest in this - pretty sure most people would have someone in their life who could benefit in some way from medicinal cannabis

bull....
26-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Australia’s capital city legalizes marijuanahttps://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/australias-capital-city-legalizes-marijuana.html

kiwitrev
27-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Australia’s capital city legalizes marijuanahttps://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/australias-capital-city-legalizes-marijuana.html

I'm not sure what the connection is to CBD (medical,not mum and dad joints), a uniquely different plant.

bull....
27-09-2019, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure what the connection is to CBD (medical,not mum and dad joints), a uniquely different plant.

think it shows how the world is moving and nz is getting left behind. cbd wont exist unless nz moves with world wide trends. bit like hemp if nz had moved years ago we would have had a very big job employing industry here by now. if we move to late on weed it will be someone else outside nz enjoying the fruits eventually selling to nz. and medical weed and recreational weed growing compliment each other for business purposes.

mondograss
01-10-2019, 01:44 PM
For those that are interested in what the competition is up to (gives you a sense of the size of the challenge that's ahead of CannaSouth):
https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20191001/pdf/4492tgqblf0p00.pdf

GTM 3442
01-10-2019, 09:21 PM
It strikes me that CBD has some similarity to PEB.

Both have a medical product which is going to have to get a whole bunch of regulatory and other acceptances and approvals before they can get into the mass market they're aiming for.

Until then, it's pretty much a matter of waiting for the price to fall to somewhere south of 20c, then picking up enough to make the punt worthwhile.

bull....
02-10-2019, 06:31 AM
It strikes me that CBD has some similarity to PEB.

Both have a medical product which is going to have to get a whole bunch of regulatory and other acceptances and approvals before they can get into the mass market they're aiming for.

Until then, it's pretty much a matter of waiting for the price to fall to somewhere south of 20c, then picking up enough to make the punt worthwhile.

i think it has pretty much passed regulation

Medicinal cannabis bill passes, with regulated market promised within a year and a legal defence until then
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/109269050/medicinal-cannabis-bill-passes-with-regulated-market-promised-within-a-year-and-a-legal-defence-until-then

and i see cbd are positioning for manufacturing

Cannasouth expands with 60% stake in Midwest Pharmaceutics
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1910/S00020/cannasouth-expands-with-60-stake-in-midwest-pharmaceutics.htm

mondograss
02-10-2019, 09:22 AM
i think it has pretty much passed regulation

Medicinal cannabis bill passes, with regulated market promised within a year and a legal defence until then
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/109269050/medicinal-cannabis-bill-passes-with-regulated-market-promised-within-a-year-and-a-legal-defence-until-then

and i see cbd are positioning for manufacturing

Cannasouth expands with 60% stake in Midwest Pharmaceutics
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1910/S00020/cannasouth-expands-with-60-stake-in-midwest-pharmaceutics.htm

I think what GTM is meaning is that you still have to go through a regulatory process to bring a product to market.

tomm
11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
I am wondering...are we going to attending the CannaSouth Road Show's Invitation in Auckland next week?
Note: Change Of Location To as below:

Cannasouth Investor Roadshow

Cannasouth looks forward to your attendance at the Investor Roadshow in Auckland

Details for the event are:

Auckland:
Wednesday 16th October, 4:30pm

New Venue:
Pullman Auckland
Cnr Princes St & Waterloo Quadrant (https://cannasouth.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bfff6b398750f206d82de9d8c&id=4e0e42e31e&e=f7287a84e9)

Please note: Due to high registrations for this event we have secured a larger space at a new venue nearby.

Previously Karstens Auckland, Queen Street, now Pullman Auckland, cnr Princes Street & Waterloo Quadrant. (https://cannasouth.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bfff6b398750f206d82de9d8c&id=b4350dcc64&e=f7287a84e9)

We apologise for any inconvenience this change of venue may cause.

GTM 3442
12-10-2019, 06:55 PM
As I see it, both PEB and CBD have regulatory hurdles to clear, as well as gaining acceptance by the professionals. PEB demonstrates that this may be neither quick nor easy.

Historically, I put some money in the Horizons Medical Marijuana ETF (HMMJ) back in 2017 at CAD9.20-odd.They peaked at CAD24.80-odd but I was a little slow and sold out in 2018 at CAD18.77 The price is now CAD10.36.

This leads me to think that the "easy" money in cannabis has, by and large, already been made, and that now it's a matter of waiting until CBD becomes cheap enough to punt on, or starts to pay dividends.

I see neither as a short term option.

tomm
12-10-2019, 10:10 PM
As I see it, both PEB and CBD have regulatory hurdles to clear, as well as gaining acceptance by the professionals. PEB demonstrates that this may be neither quick nor easy.

Historically, I put some money in the Horizons Medical Marijuana ETF (HMMJ) back in 2017 at CAD9.20-odd.They peaked at CAD24.80-odd but I was a little slow and sold out in 2018 at CAD18.77 The price is now CAD10.36.

This leads me to think that the "easy" money in cannabis has, by and large, already been made, and that now it's a matter of waiting until CBD becomes cheap enough to punt on, or starts to pay dividends.

I see neither as a short term option.

You are absolutely right, Cannasouth CBD will get it's momentum once the regulations are passed ( might). The company is doing very thoughtfully step by step, recruiting the right person for the big project, buying stakes into productions , preparing a boom instead of grow , grow, grow the weeds and burning cash in the mean waiting time.

bull....
16-10-2019, 07:48 AM
You are absolutely right, Cannasouth CBD will get it's momentum once the regulations are passed ( might). The company is doing very thoughtfully step by step, recruiting the right person for the big project, buying stakes into productions , preparing a boom instead of grow , grow, grow the weeds and burning cash in the mean waiting time.

taking good steps. see others are gearing up buying production premises. the shares are smoking at the moment on there highs

tomm
16-10-2019, 10:28 AM
taking good steps. see others are gearing up buying production premises. the shares are smoking at the moment on there highs

Yes, the shares are overestimated, given it is new at the moment but still should be $0.40 to $0.58 max.

bull....
16-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Yes, the shares are overestimated, given it is new at the moment but still should be $0.40 to $0.58 max.

see sorenson is selling so maybe you are right , but then again i thought he sold all out fast? after these listings

tomm
16-10-2019, 01:50 PM
see sorenson is selling so maybe you are right , but then again i thought he sold all out fast? after these listings
Yeah, he is cashing in profits from the HYPE .

bull....
16-10-2019, 02:09 PM

lucky fella hes going to make a killing. wonder if at future agm's they be handing around the weed samples? i been to a few corporate events, run by tobacco company's and they used to have waitresses walking around with silver platters handing out the cigarrettes and of course free beer

tomm
16-10-2019, 03:35 PM
lucky fella hes going to make a killing. wonder if at future agm's they be handing around the weed samples? i been to a few corporate events, run by tobacco company's and they used to have waitresses walking around with silver platters handing out the cigarrettes and of course free beer
Flashing the Cash for the HYPE !

sb9
16-10-2019, 04:34 PM

Looks like it and from the notice...

"Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: A number of on market sales of ordinary shares during the period 10 September 2019 to 14 October 2019"

Oh dear...been selling thro' for a month and cashing in on the HYPE.

Brain
16-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Good luck to all the investors in this one. I have made it a rule to never invest in a company until it is apparent that it can become cash flow positive. By that time if it ever happens I suspect that recreational use will be legal and I will be able to celebrate my share purchase with a joint. No more catnip.

deez_nutz
18-10-2019, 11:31 AM
For those that never made it to the roadshow - theyve just released a video of their Hamilton event from yesterday

https://youtu.be/-YV1-fhIh_Y

Airw0lf
20-10-2019, 08:05 PM
For those that never made it to the roadshow - theyve just released a video of their Hamilton event from yesterday

https://youtu.be/-YV1-fhIh_Y

This is probably the first and last time someone compares Hamilton to Rome (I'm referring to the Chair's opening remarks.)

tomm
22-10-2019, 09:46 PM
I must say, they are very impressive and passion with the business. I have never seen someone can go into such details as him from businesses, regulations aspects and most important things are how to solve and find the ways to lead the company to be success national and international. He knows how to up the game before hand in a safest and fastest manners of business.
Being honest, you won't see a guy whom can go into such details from any others same field players. I do have high confident in CannaSouth even at an early stage. As an investor, as long as I see great potential, not a rich business guy talking... and trying to flash... I am confident to throw 15K in it for now .

tomm
01-11-2019, 09:34 AM
CHOISE model is designed to win the cannabis referendum.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2019/10/15/choise-model-is-designed-to-win-the-cannabis-referendum/

https://choise.nz (https://choise.nz/)

They are almost certainly will get through the regulations.

bull....
01-11-2019, 09:42 AM
CHOISE model is designed to win the cannabis referendum.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2019/10/15/choise-model-is-designed-to-win-the-cannabis-referendum/

https://choise.nz (https://choise.nz/)

They are almost certainly will get through the regulations.

I imagine the weed referendum will be the first time young people turn out in mass to vote. ( more than likely a yes for weed ) young people are more receptive to change in society norms and values than old people in my opinion and are very motivated in this day and age to causes they relate too. eg climate change , plant based eating etc etc

Schrodinger
01-11-2019, 10:14 AM
I must say, they are very impressive and passion with the business. I have never seen someone can go into such details as him from businesses, regulations aspects and most important things are how to solve and find the ways to lead the company to be success national and international. He knows how to up the game before hand in a safest and fastest manners of business.
Being honest, you won't see a guy whom can go into such details from any others same field players. I do have high confident in CannaSouth even at an early stage. As an investor, as long as I see great potential, not a rich business guy talking... and trying to flash... I am confident to throw 15K in it for now .

Zero revenue and high risk. Price appropriately. That photo above reminds me of PEB's media photos, I hope it turns out differently.

tomm
04-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Zero revenue and high risk. Price appropriately. That photo above reminds me of PEB's media photos, I hope it turns out differently.
I do agree on this matter , however I do see a clear path to go forward with the business and this path is not a myth base on assumptions :)
Once it starts , some of us are missing the tickets .

bull....
21-11-2019, 09:03 AM
A Sweeping Cannabis Bill Just Passed A Key, Historic Vote In Congress
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/cannibas-legalization-bill-passed-congress-committee-more

A big move to making weed legal at all levels in the US.

Goes to show how widely accepted voters are now towards legalising weed in the US. when it becomes legal fully i imagine the big multinationals will move into the space big time. the food comapnies the drink companies the pharma companies. not much time left for NZ to get in ahead of the crowd

tomm
22-11-2019, 03:44 PM
New Zealand will play part of it , and our climax is one of the best to produce the best cannabis for medicine, I support for medicine only and restrict on abusing the growth of cannabis.
Small or big or how we can spreading across the world is little to know regarding to our laws. However making one steps toward that mean we don't have to imports while we already having it at our back yards.
I can't wait to see how the regulations will be passed this December.

tomm
22-11-2019, 03:45 PM

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/cannibas-legalization-bill-passed-congress-committee-more

Goes to show how widely accepted voters are now towards legalising weed in the US. when it becomes legal fully i imagine the big multinationals will move into the space big time. the food comapnies the drink companies the pharma companies. not much time left for NZ to get in ahead of the crowd
New Zealand will play part of it , and our climax is one of the best to produce the best cannabis for medicine, I support for medicine only and restrict on abusing the growth of cannabis.
Small or big or how we can spreading across the world is little to know regarding to our laws. However making one steps toward that mean we don't have to imports while we already having it at our back yards.

peetter
22-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Actually tomm, the climate in NZ is pretty bad for weed, because it is very susceptible to mold. Weed doesn't like rain at all, the best climate is something like Afghanistan, where there is no rain and a lot of sun, with artificial irrigation.

On the other hand, weed will not be grown outside, as the hydroponic growing produces superior product. This is still a problem for NZ, because the facilities will have to keep moisture levels in check and spend a lot of resources for artificial lighting.

Joshuatree
22-11-2019, 10:48 PM

Its spreading , good , about time. People should be allowed to grow a few plants for medicinal or recreational use imo (with age limits). Id also love to see alcohol restricted in quantity to a weekly max like in saudi arabia for foreigners, this all but eliminates binge drinking and drunkards slowly poisoning themselves.

tomm
22-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Actually tomm, the climate in NZ is pretty bad for weed, because it is very susceptible to mold. Weed doesn't like rain at all, the best climate is something like Afghanistan, where there is no rain and a lot of sun, with artificial irrigation.

On the other hand, weed will not be grown outside, as the hydroponic growing produces superior product. This is still a problem for NZ, because the facilities will have to keep moisture levels in check and spend a lot of resources for artificial lighting.
Thanks for correcting the knowledges, but I believe they have been and are learning how to growth and studying the genes and variant of seeds to get the best which suit for Nz's climax and preparing for the up coming regulations.

peetter
23-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Thanks for correcting the knowledges, but I believe they have been and are learning how to growth and studying the genes and variant of seeds to get the best which suit for Nz's climax and preparing for the up coming regulations.

I do believe they will be able to grow without many issues. But I don't think NZ companies will be competitive worldwide. It's just too late for them as US and Canadian companies are ahead.

What I think would help is if government regulates import with high taxes, there is absolutely no need for NZ market to be flooded by product from outside NZ.

Joshuatree
23-11-2019, 12:30 PM
It is called weed for a good reason so no prob here with our great soils and climate. Companies here will have to find a niche, for example Hikurangi doing work on producing products from the roots as well, mixing with other therapeutic NZ native plant material, berries and manuka honey etc etc.

bull....
25-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Kiwi medical cannabis company breaks crowdfunding record
https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1911/S00497/kiwi-medical-cannabis-company-breaks-crowdfunding-record.htm

kiwidollabill
25-11-2019, 08:58 AM

They're growing in the Salinas and San Joaquin valleys in the US for exactly the same reasons....

Toddy
25-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Canada has a 400 tonne cannabis pile as production exceeds demand. Current market price C$3.58 per gramme. Remember what happened to the NZ tomato industry.!

bull....
26-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Canada has a 400 tonne cannabis pile as production exceeds demand. Current market price C$3.58 per gramme. Remember what happened to the NZ tomato industry.!

lot people thought it would create a drug addition craze when they legalised it in canada , but it hasnt happened hence demand not meeting the expected supply levels initially thought.

in reality majority people try it and most never use again only small minority become drug addicted.

Ggcc
26-11-2019, 07:24 AM
lot people thought it would create a drug addition craze when they legalised it in canada , but it hasnt happened hence demand not meeting the expected supply levels initially thought.

in reality majority people try it and most never use again only small minority become drug addicted.
Many who use cannabis on the regular that I know, believe they are not addicted. They get quite angry when you say that they are addicted. I do believe in medicinal cannabis, not recreational cannabis. I have way too many friends/acquaintances who use it on the regular and their lives are not moving in a good direction. Quite similar to alcohol addiction. Only time will tell how recreational cannabis affects Canada in the long run.

peetter
26-11-2019, 08:14 AM

The article also mentioned the issue causing this - there is a shortage of shops with license to sell and no edibles are still allowed to be sold. So the people still buy from dealers.

Many who use cannabis on the regular that I know, believe they are not addicted. They get quite angry when you say that they are addicted. I do believe in medicinal cannabis, not recreational cannabis. I have way too many friends/acquaintances who use it on the regular and their lives are not moving in a good direction. Quite similar to alcohol addiction. Only time will tell how recreational cannabis affects Canada in the long run.

Most of regular alcohol users and cigarette smokers are deadbeats as well, doesn't mean there isn't a minority of casual high performance users.

Joshuatree
26-11-2019, 12:22 PM

That maybe your experience but it is not correct. Alcohol is the killer and yet its legal ,sick sick sick. Cannabis is not addictive. I have friends acquaitances who smoke/vaporise it for recreation and creativity in a healthy balanced way and their lives are healthy and successful. People from all walks of life use it creatively and for R&R..Some people who have problems in their lives will resort to alcohol, cannabis, the poverty drug P etc in a form of attempted escapism. Maybe you could be helping all your friends to seek help to solve their life problems. Limiting alcohol quantities would be the winner here. And if one persons life is saved from using cannabis instead of synthetic thats a good thing.

bull....
26-11-2019, 01:23 PM
That maybe your experience but it is not correct. Alcohol is the killer and yet its legal ,sick sick sick. Cannabis is not addictive. I have friends acquaitances who smoke/vaporise it for recreation and creativity in a healthy balanced way and their lives are healthy and successful. People from all walks of life use it creatively and for R&R..Some people who have problems in their lives will resort to alcohol, cannabis, the poverty drug P etc in a form of attempted escapism. Maybe you could be helping all your friends to seek help to solve their life problems. Limiting alcohol quantities would be the winner here. And if one persons life is saved from using cannabis instead of synthetic thats a good thing.

yep alcohol is far worse the evil in society and yet most people wouldnt blink a eye over someone swilling one back , yet puff on some weed and your a criminal lol

Ggcc
27-11-2019, 07:10 AM
I agree alcohol is far worse than any other drug on the planet. Coffee is also a drug and people drink it by the litres including me, I am addicted. I am working with a medical student at this moment who is studying the effects of cannabis on the human body and whether it has addictive personalities. She came to the conclusion smoking it recreationally is all good, but only up to roughly six to eight times per year, any more than that and you could be classed as addicted. Similar that when medical science tells us we should drink no more than 12-14 standard drinks per week in alcohol.

I do admit that my personal knowledge is only known from the people around me who use it that are suffering from it and not one is really enjoying their life. When the people vote I will not support legalising recreational cannabis only medicinal, otherwise why is cannabis classified as a drug.

Joshuatree
27-11-2019, 11:17 AM
I dont believe people "suffer" from it. As before they are taking drugs, alcohol etc as an avoidance way of not facing up to their underlying problems, be it health, psychological etc. We can help them to help themselves to find away out of their problems. The govt is pumping many hundreds of $millions into mental health for these people.But only if they take responsibility for their situations and not be stuck in a victim mentality.

justakiwi
27-11-2019, 11:29 AM
It’s really not your day is it?

You are one of the most vocal posters here, yet the total ignorance you demonstrate, on so many subjects, is outstanding.

‘You would do well to remember the old saying “There but for the grace of God, go I.”

The govt is pumping many hundreds of $millions into mental health for these people.But only if they take responsibility for their situations and not be stuck in a victim mentality.

Joshuatree
27-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Sure some are stuck, no doubt about that. Not all. They need help, in the vast majority of cases imo because of their preexisting situation mental or poverty (P anyone) etc. Whose ignorant? And losing it like a volcano, losing control, no way to debate.An informed response works a reaction doesn't. I will be voting for the legalisation of marijuana as i think the majority will, benefits far outlay any cons. Lets kill synthetic dope as well and allow people to grow a few at home for both recreational and medicinal reasons .Win/win/win.

Now excess alcohol makes many people violent and is a poison and yet its legal!. Marijuana is a peaceful drug. World gone mad.

tomm
27-11-2019, 05:09 PM
sure some are stuck, no doubt about that. Not all. They need help, in the vast majority of cases imo because of their preexisting situation mental or poverty (p anyone) etc. Whose ignorant? And losing it like a volcano, losing control, no way to debate.an informed response works a reaction doesn't. I will be voting for the legalisation of marijuana as i think the majority will, benefits far outlay any cons. Lets kill synthetic dope as well and allow people to grow a few at home for both recreational and medicinal reasons .win/win/win.

Now excess alcohol makes many people violent and is a poison and yet its legal!. Marijuana is a peaceful drug. World gone mad.

agree and vote with all both hands and both legs , lol

dln
27-11-2019, 07:03 PM
no more than 12-14 standard drinks per week in alcohol. Wow - that sounds like a drinking problem/addiction to me, and certainly wouldn't be doing your health (both mental and physical) any good!

Ggcc
27-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Wow - that sounds like a drinking problem/addiction to me, and certainly wouldn't be doing your health (both mental and physical) any good!
Trust me I drink more that and I would be red flagged at my doctors lol

hogie
27-11-2019, 10:01 PM
yep alcohol is far worse the evil in society and yet most people wouldnt blink a eye over someone swilling one back , yet puff on some weed and your a criminal lol

Wow that hasn't been my experience ... while I was a student I was in charge of a rental ... unfortunately rented out a room to a couple who turned out to be pot-heads ... they had no motivation in life, had social welfare worked out (as long as they went to 1 x councelling session per week they would get their mental health benefit), and spent everything they had on weed.

Unfortunately things got worse and worse until they didn't pay rent ... one day I came home to find out they had been using bedside tables as ash-trays, bed soaked with urine, carpets and curtains ruined ... awesome ...

I'll never trust a pot-head ... we don't need this legalised in NZ.

bull....
28-11-2019, 06:44 AM
Wow that hasn't been my experience ... while I was a student I was in charge of a rental ... unfortunately rented out a room to a couple who turned out to be pot-heads ... they had no motivation in life, had social welfare worked out (as long as they went to 1 x councelling session per week they would get their mental health benefit), and spent everything they had on weed.

Unfortunately things got worse and worse until they didn't pay rent ... one day I came home to find out they had been using bedside tables as ash-trays, bed soaked with urine, carpets and curtains ruined ... awesome ...

I'll never trust a pot-head ... we don't need this legalised in NZ.

yea i new a alcoholic when i was young he would get up at 6am every day start watching tv with his cask of wine still be there when i got home from work with his cask of wine.

ill never trust a alcoholic, they should never have legalised alcohol

peetter
28-11-2019, 09:14 AM
The thing is you guys are arguing over weed/alcohol and what are the consequences of one or another. But it is not about the drug, it is always about the person. If somebody wants to be a deadbeat, they'll find the drug even if it's illegal. It's not like war on drugs was actually having any impact...

Logically I see no reason why weed should be illegal when alcohol is legal. The effects are similar, but alcohol is actually worse, because you can overdose and it's making a lot of people aggressive. On the other hand, weed makes people hungry and you can't overdose...

bull....
28-11-2019, 09:31 AM
The thing is you guys are arguing over weed/alcohol and what are the consequences of one or another. But it is not about the drug, it is always about the person. If somebody wants to be a deadbeat, they'll find the drug even if it's illegal. It's not like war on drugs was actually having any impact...

Logically I see no reason why weed should be illegal when alcohol is legal. The effects are similar, but alcohol is actually worse, because you can overdose and it's making a lot of people aggressive. On the other hand, weed makes people hungry and you can't overdose...

your right there both drugs and its the minority in both weed and alcohol that are the dead beats.

guess people like hodgie are ingrained in there attitudes but have very little understanding of facts. they were probably one of the ones who believed cigerettes were good for you when they first brought them out lol