PDA

View Full Version : Is the market getting ahead of itself.

Waiuta
02-04-2019, 12:40 PM
With the market charging ahead like there's no tomorrow, when is a good time to lock in profits. And if you do, where do you reinvest.:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused:

couta1
02-04-2019, 12:52 PM
With the market charging ahead like there's no tomorrow, when is a good time to lock in profits. And if you do, where do you reinvest.:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused: Wait until May-June to reinvest I reckon.

bull....
02-04-2019, 01:30 PM
where else you going to invest

Beagle
02-04-2019, 02:01 PM
AIR - forward PE ~ 8 gross yield ~ 12%
HLG - forward PE ~ 10 gross yield ~ 12%
HGH forward PE ~ 11.5 gross yield ~ 9%
SUM forward PE ~ 12 compound average growth rate since listing ~ 40% per annum
GNE gross yield 7% attractive for a safe utility and CEN and MEL also on highly attractive yields
ARG PIE yield 5% ~ 7.5% gross for people on a 33% tax rate
ZEL gross yield 11%

The answer to the thread question is No, there are definitely pockets of good value and excellent returns still out there and I would pose this question. Where else are you going to find value and yields like this ?

winner69
02-04-2019, 02:22 PM
AIR - forward PE ~ 8 gross yield ~ 12%
HLG - forward PE ~ 10 gross yield ~ 12%
HGH forward PE ~ 11.5 gross yield ~ 9%
SUM forward PE ~ 12 compound average growth rate since listing ~ 40% per annum
GNE gross yield 7% attractive for a safe utility and CEN and MEL also on highly attractive yields
ARG PIE yield 5% ~ 7.5% gross for people on a 33% tax rate
ZEL gross yield 11%

The answer to the thread question is No, there are definitely pockets of good value and excellent returns still out there and I would pose this question. Where else are you going to find value and yields like this ?

You didn’t mention OCA (but I will forgive you for not mentioning Turners)

I would include A2 when discussing this topic

trader_jackson
02-04-2019, 02:55 PM
With the market charging ahead like there's no tomorrow, when is a good time to lock in profits. And if you do, where do you reinvest.:confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused:

Not really, unless you only look at APT over in aussie, where a $5.6b company makes (is expected to make) $3m profit

Ggcc
02-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Not really, unless you only look at APT over in aussie, where a $5.6b company makes (is expected to make) $3m profit
Or Xero which is worth over that in Australian dollars

Onion
02-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Some of the yields noted on this thread are attractive on first glance.

The real question is whether the market's charge will be sustained. Yields are all fine and dandy right up until when market drops and sucks a couple of years worth of dividends straight out of your portfolio.

Money in the bank doesn't generate a great yield at present but it also doesn't devalue -- except perhaps by opportunity cost and inflation.