PDA

View Full Version : Tech companies

Aarrgghh
20-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Hi Everyone
I'm pretty new to stockmarket investing and I'm looking for NZ tech companies which primarily sell product overseas to add to my portfolio. So far I have:
SKO - Serko
PLX - Plexure
ERD - E Road
IKE - IKE GPS
GTK - Gentrack
FMS - Yes I know this is probably a long shot of success
SCT - Scott Technologies

Most of these I have found through trawling through the Sharetrader website, so thanks for that. What other companies should I be looking at?

Snow Leopard
20-04-2019, 02:35 AM
I thought for a moment that you had missed PEB off but I guess they fail the 'sell' test :p.

FPH should probably be on your list.

kiora
20-04-2019, 02:49 AM
SYF
On OSX https://www.usx.co.nz/symbol/syf

Aarrgghh
20-04-2019, 03:49 AM
SYF looks like a really interesting business on first glance - does anyone know why their 31 March 2018 FY results are not on their website? As it happens I am currently overseas so investing in the USX might be a step too far atm but I will definitely keep an eye on it!
I used to work for FPH - not sure why I didn't think of that - thanks

ben28
20-04-2019, 08:44 AM
PPH, they dont sell product but their service is consumed in the USA , so most of their revenues are from there.

youngatheart
20-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Here's my tech Co watchlist...

artemis
20-04-2019, 09:20 AM
XRO. No longer listed on NZX though.

Leftfield
20-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Hi Everyone
I'm pretty new to stockmarket investing and I'm looking for NZ tech companies which primarily sell product overseas to add to my portfolio. So far I have:
SKO - Serko
PLX - Plexure
ERD - E Road
IKE - IKE GPS
GTK - Gentrack
FMS - Yes I know this is probably a long shot of success
SCT - Scott Technologies

Most of these I have found through trawling through the Sharetrader website, so thanks for that. What other companies should I be looking at?

WDT is becoming more of a tech company via the IOT.

Aarrgghh
22-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Thanks for your input everyone, I've got some serious research to do!

kiwidollabill
22-04-2019, 08:23 PM
SYF
On OSX https://www.usx.co.nz/symbol/syf

Agree... a quiet achiever.

percy
22-04-2019, 08:24 PM
SYF looks like a really interesting business on first glance - does anyone know why their 31 March 2018 FY results are not on their website? As it happens I am currently overseas so investing in the USX might be a step too far atm but I will definitely keep an eye on it!
I used to work for FPH - not sure why I didn't think of that - thanks

Follow the link Kiora posted.
Then click onto announcements and you will find it.
usx.co.nz does give a list of brokers you can buy unlisted shares with.

Aarrgghh
22-04-2019, 08:48 PM
I would definitely be more keen on investing on the USX if I didn't need to change broker to do so, I am currently with ASB Securities which doesn't appear to trade on the USX. Even if it did I would need to sign disclaimers etc.
Since I am currently overseas it basically makes this a non starter for me.