PDA

View Full Version : The NZ Shareholders Association

Waiuta
15-06-2019, 10:23 AM
I have used The NZ Shareholders Association as a proxy to exercise my votes at any AGM for some time. I have found their collective voting power has always been more effective for influence than my individual ability.
I'm curious if other members do the same.

minimoke
15-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Hadnt thought about it. I'm not a member so they may not take my proxy

Waiuta
15-06-2019, 11:45 AM
MM, I'm not a member either. On both Link and Computershare they are listed as an alternative proxy. That's how I've used them.
Hadnt thought about it. I'm not a member so they may not take my proxy

Brain
15-06-2019, 12:03 PM
The NZSA is a very good organisation and gets better every year. I have been a member for many years. For us the minority shareholders ,the little guys it is our only voice. Well worth the subscription fee.

Jerry
15-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Yup. They will take your proxy. I'm also a member and would recommend joining. It's the only way small holders ever get a say. Hang together or hang separately. :)

blackcap
15-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Also a member. Have been for 2 years and impressed by low members fees and information they give you through newsletters and proxy intentions.

Not going to give them my proxy though as I am active enough that I vote most of my shares and there are times when I do differ with their intentions. (not a lot but sometimes)

Baaarney
17-06-2019, 12:05 PM
I always give them my proxy vote