PDA

View Full Version : AQZ Alliance Aviation.

percy
20-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Shares on issue..................125,515,945
Market cap at $2,59............$325,088,888
eps....................................16.87cents
PE......................................15.35
dividend..............................13.1 cps
Flying 43,soon 44 Fokker aircraft: mining,tourism,charter,wet lease,and scheduled airline services.
Carrying very little debt.
Today's trading up date was a very pleasant surprise...EBT expected to be up 25% on last year.
Compare that with their PE.ie EBT growth rate 60% higher than their current PE.
I added to my holding this afternoon,at $2.595 per share.

Joshuatree
20-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Thanks, have been watching for a reentry after selling at/near the top a few months back(a logistical prob with two broking sites) and am back in now. S/P was quite weak for a while which made me overcautious in hindsight.

"Alliance is likely to achieve a Profit Before Tax for the year ending 30 June 2019 in excess of$32.5 million, which will be the best profit performance in the company 's 17 year history"

Fleet up to 44 fokkers and counting.

Benny1
23-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your posts guys.

Have had this on my watch list for a long time. Some reason I have never taken a position in them. Maybe it's time for that to change!

Certainly seems to be going great guns at the moment, tough crowd to please over that side of the Tasman down 10c after that cracker of an announcement!

percy
23-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your posts guys.

Have had this on my watch list for a long time. Some reason I have never taken a position in them. Maybe it's time for that to change!

Certainly seems to be going great guns at the moment, tough crowd to please over that side of the Tasman down 10c after that cracker of an announcement!

I am trying to buy,[or add to my holding] only shares that come out with an earnings upside surprise,which AQZ did.
Therefore the drop in share price rather surprised me.
The 25% increase in EBT is higher than the 19% the market is/was expecting.??
I expect AQZ will incease their divie too.
Benny1.Something to note.AQZ own their aircraft..None are leased,rented or otherwise.
Yes they rent,lease etc, some of their aircraft to others.

Benny1
23-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Hmm... I know traditional airlines do like to lease some of their fleets as during a downturn in the industry they can offer load any spare capacity back to the leasing companies... Not sure if they get some tax advantages as well.
The Fokkers while extremely suited to their operations are still getting on... They will not find any new homes once AQZ have finished with them.
There will come a day when they need to be replaced...
Very low debt and obviously a company flying high.
Will be watching with interest and may just have to have a little dab soon.

percy
23-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Yes the fleet is getting on.
However, AQZ have plenty of spare parts.In fact they make good money leasing and selling parts such as engines,black boxes etc.
The 16 or more they brought from Austrian Airlines a few years ago were in excellent condition.
So fleet replacement is still some time away.

Joshuatree
23-06-2019, 08:15 PM
The s/p as i mentioned has been under pressure for a while but im surprised it continues to be after the update.I guess it prob confirms a fund manager/Instu is selling out.

percy
23-06-2019, 08:28 PM
The s/p as i mentioned has been under pressure for a while but im surprised it continues to be after the update.I guess it prob confirms a fund manager/Instu is selling out.

Maybe the market sees Qantas not increasing their 19.9% holding,although they have stated they intend to.?

macduffy
24-06-2019, 03:16 PM
I don't invest in the aviation sector on principle - aka, past bad experience! - but those who do should be encouraged by AQZ's annual report. Factual, informative and not a single expensive glossy photo to be had.

:)

DarkHorse
26-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Peter Lynch would LOVE this company :t_up:

percy
10-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Announcement today.
AQZ have brought 5 Fokker 100s, together with engine parts and tooling from Helvetic Airways AG.
And we have liftoff.!

percy
25-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Well some buyer moved the share price up 19 cents to $2.96 late this afternoon.
This new all time high, is a break out from previous ath of $2.81.

Joshuatree
25-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Thats more like it, seller exhausted and spring released(imo) 5 year high. PTB close behind.:scared::D Get Fokkered.

Joshuatree
29-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Brand new high good reason why
Download Document 231.44KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4gi9z hLxv%2FZo5bFiGug%3D)

Benny1
29-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Brand new high good reason why
Download Document 231.44KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4gi9z hLxv%2FZo5bFiGug%3D)

Good to see they are getting extensions to their existing contracts.

Have to think tho that at $3.00 they may be fully priced at the moment. Bugger was thinking about grabbing a few a couple of months ago....
Anyone know when the Aussie Commerce Commission will give their decision on the possible Qantas takeover ?

Don't know what to do about this company, great company with good and reasonably secure future prospects, about to announce their biggest ever profit...and big backer in the ring with Qantas owning 19.9%.. speculation at the moment that Cobham and Air North maybe on the market soon which could be of interest to Alliance

But the elephant in the room is Qantas, who may come in and scoop this up for themselves, though they I am sure would have to offer a reasonable premium to get current shareholders to consider selling.....so any investment now could be short lived...with a quick profit possible I suppose....

Maybe just better off watching on the sidelines....buy on any weakness and see what happens....
Or miss out the middle man and just buy Qantas shares??

percy
29-07-2019, 03:18 PM
Result will be announced on 8th August.

percy
03-08-2019, 08:49 AM
A must read article.Perhaps a kind poster will post the link.
Google; competition watchdog concerned with qantas's alliance investment.

Joshuatree
03-08-2019, 01:32 PM
AXX: Qantas stake in Alliance Airlines raises concerns (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4887160/)

Response to ACCC notice regarding Qantas shareholding (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4887415/)

AQZ: Qantas Statement on Alliance and ACCC (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4887433/)

Competition watchdog concerned with Qantas's Alliance investmenthttps://australianaviation.com.au/.../competition-watchdog-concerned-with-qantas-allianc... (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiWxtOJx-XjAhVi8HMBHesuDlsQFjACegQICxAH&url=https%3A%2F%2Faustralianaviation.com.au%2F2019 %2F08%2Fcompetition-watchdog-concerned-with-qantas-alliance-investment%2F&usg=AOvVaw1BHxYg9mn0zayo22bif_pD)

percy
07-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Result is out.
eps up 27% on last year.
Divie up 40% on last year.
Another fantastic result, and the outlook is very positive.

Benny1
26-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Well finally bought a few thousand of these on Friday afternoon. @ 2.49.
Sorry in advance for any fall in share price now I have jumped on board!

Think this is an interesting company that seems to have its business well understood and has been making the right moves for a while now.
Qantas as an shareholder is I think quite positive, although the ACCC may think otherwise, will be interesting to see what the final decision is from them.

Will watch with interest over the next little while, may pick up a few more as time goes on and will participate in the DRP.:t_up:

percy
05-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Excellent interim result out.
Strong outlook.

Benny1
06-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Yeah not bad eh Percy!
You in for some more?
I might grab a few...

percy
06-02-2020, 11:28 AM
No.I added to my holding on 20th June last year at $2.595.I have enough.
A lot of expenses,such as forward maintenance and aircraft.parts brought, have been included in this 1st six months.
This means the 2nd half will be a great deal more profitable,and the final divie will most probably be increased..

Benny1
06-02-2020, 12:22 PM
No.I added to my holding on 20th June last year at $2.595.I have enough.
A lot of expenses,such as forward maintenance and aircraft.parts brought, have been included in this 1st six months.
This means the 2nd half will be a great deal more profitable,and the final divie will most probably be increased..

Yeah I read that and thought the 2nd half could look quite promising.
This could be a nice divi payer for the next few years and the DRP makes it abit more attractive..

percy
06-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Yeah I read that and thought the 2nd half could look quite promising.
This could be a nice divi payer for the next few years and the DRP makes it abit more attractive..

Agreed........................................

percy
07-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Charter flight operator Alliance Aviation has expressed frustration at being left in limbo by a competition watchdog investigation into Qantas' investment in the group. Qantas paid about $60 million for a 20 per cent stake in the ASX-listed Alliance in February 2019 and said it wanted to build up a majority stake in Alliance, which this week revealed a record-high half-year profit....

Benny1
07-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Charter flight operator Alliance Aviation has expressed frustration at being left in limbo by a competition watchdog investigation into Qantas' investment in the group. Qantas paid about $60 million for a 20 per cent stake in the ASX-listed Alliance in February 2019 and said it wanted to build up a majority stake in Alliance, which this week revealed a record-high half-year profit....
Interesting... I wondered a while ago about how that was going... I know know the CCC were not favorable towards Qantas in it's draft findings that were published last year.
Alliance are in an interesting position at the moment with a lot going on in the Aussie aviation sector. Virgin has it's much published financial problems, REX announcing a profit downgrade and cut to it's divi recently and that other crowd possibly up for sale..( name escapes me at the moment, need a coffee!!).
Alliance are doing very well with their niche market and any fallout from Virgin and the others may open up new opportunities over the next couple of years.

I put in a very cheeky bid for a few more at a probably unrealistic price...will wait to see a few NZX half year results over the next week or so then decide where to put my penny's!
:eek2:

DarkHorse
07-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Agreed. I'm quite fond of businesses operating in tricky sectors where shrewd managers have found a profitable niche.

percy
21-04-2020, 02:04 PM
AQZ's exposure to Virgin is between $250,000 and $300,000.Not a great deal.
Virgin's administration should throw up a good few opportunities for AQZ.

Benny1
21-04-2020, 05:19 PM
AQZ's exposure to Virgin is between $250,000 and $300,000.Not a great deal.
Virgin's administration should throw up a good few opportunities for AQZ.
Got a few more yesterday!
May open up a few opportunities but don't know if they are in a position to capitalise too much..
They have 5 aircraft in storage I think at the moment so have a little bit of capacity there.
Haven't heard what was happening with Cobham Aviation which apparently was to be offered up for sale by its English parent company later last year?
Have got an order in for PTB as well.. Have been watching that one for quite a while now..

percy
21-04-2020, 05:35 PM
Got a few more yesterday!
May open up a few opportunities but don't know if they are in a position to capitalise too much..
They have 5 aircraft in storage I think at the moment so have a little bit of capacity there.
Haven't heard what was happening with Cobham Aviation which apparently was to be offered up for sale by its English parent company later last year?
Have got an order in for PTB as well.. Have been watching that one for quite a while now..

I hold PTB.
Had them years ago,and recently paid top price to buy back in.lol.

Benny1
21-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Suppose you can't get it right everytime! Lol.
Pity I didn't jump into PTB at 27c last month! At that price they were a steal!
Will be happy to jump on board in the low 40's ..see how it goes..

DarkHorse
21-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Snap - also own AQZ and bought PTB recently. Not at the bottom (every small cap was a steal then) but they were- and are - still 40% below pre-covid levels, and that seemed cheap given acquisition benefits.
In terms of PTB outlook, 24.3 update very positive, management have an excellent track record of exceeding expectations, and they trully provide an essential service their customers can't cut back on.
Given NTA well above share price, growth, high cashflows and moderate debt they're one of my top picks atm (DYOR^^)

DarkHorse
21-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Accidental...

ynot
21-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Snap - also own AQZ and bought PTB recently. Not at the bottom (every small cap was a steal then) but they were- and are - still 40% below pre-covid levels, and that seemed cheap given acquisition benefits.
In terms of outlook, 24.3 update very positive, management have an excellent track record of exceeding expectations, and they trully provide an essential service their customers can't cut back on.
Given NTA well above share price, growth, high cashflows and moderate debt they're one of my top picks atm (DYOR^^)

For what is worth I have experienced AQZ service first hand flying around industrial sites in Aus. Certainly appear an efficient outfit. Not surprised they are doing well.

percy
21-04-2020, 10:02 PM
For what is worth I have experienced AQZ service first hand flying around industrial sites in Aus. Certainly appear an efficient outfit. Not surprised they are doing well.

Thanks for posting.
Good to hear.

Southern Lad
26-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Quite a bit of chatter on HC on Hugh Jones (former major shareholder in Airwork Holdings) building his shareholding in PTB over the last month. Hugh also a substantial security holder in AQZ.

As I posted on HC today, I’m concerned that the Covid-19 impacts on PTB are more negative than the gloss the directors used in their trading update released on 24 March.

percy
27-04-2020, 01:08 PM
l note Virgin has no Vokkers in their fleet.Of their 98 planes 80 are parked.
I guess plenty of opportunities coming AQZ's way.

Southern Lad
27-04-2020, 03:37 PM
Percy,

Virgin Australia Regional Airlines, with a seperate Aircraft Operating Certificate, has 5 A320’s and 9 F100’s in service plus a further 1 A320 and 5 F100’s parked.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Virgin-Australia-Regional

VARA has its origins in Skywest, acquired by Virgin back in 2013.

Virgin have a FIFO JV with AQZ whereby they cooperate on logistics, ground handling and spares and also since the start of the JV jointly bid on new charter work.

AQZ have been wet leasing aircraft to Virgin, operating some Queensland regional services and a week day Brisbane to Port Moresby return flight. If Virgin Mk II retrenches to main city pairs, agree there is plenty of scope for AQZ. They will however need to be selective, which I’ve no doubt given the caliber and experience of AQZ senior management they will be.

percy
27-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Percy,

Virgin Australia Regional Airlines, with a seperate Aircraft Operating Certificate, has 5 A320’s and 9 F100’s in service plus a further 1 A320 and 5 F100’s parked.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Virgin-Australia-Regional

VARA has its origins in Skywest, acquired by Virgin back in 2013.

Virgin have a FIFO JV with AQZ whereby they cooperate on logistics, ground handling and spares and also since the start of the JV jointly bid on new charter work.

AQZ have been wet leasing aircraft to Virgin, operating some Queensland regional services and a week day Brisbane to Port Moresby return flight. If Virgin Mk II retrenches to main city pairs, agree there is plenty of scope for AQZ. They will however need to be selective, which I’ve no doubt given the caliber and experience of AQZ senior management they will be.

Thank you for the link.Virgin showed no Fokkers.?
So 14 Fokkers.
With their debt down,strong balance, and their record of paying very modest amounts for their purchases ,I would think the Virgin administrators will be talking to AQZ.
Can not see them buying any aircraft except Fokkers from Virgin.
And I doubt any other airline would be buying any aircraft for a good long time..

Benny1
29-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Well I have now joined the ranks of owning both AQZ and PTB. Will put them in the bottom drawer for the next 5-10 years.
May buy a few more on any weakness over the next few months as well.
Just for the Trifecta I bought just a few Qantas as well!

DarkHorse
01-05-2020, 06:13 PM
Very wise. If you're looking for great upside, why would you gamble on Air NZ taking off, when you can buy into discounted companies with great prospects and businesses that are already flying???

Southern Lad
01-05-2020, 06:44 PM
Positive announcement from AQZ of a contract extension (and looks like an expansion) with South32 for ten years through to 2030.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200501/pdf/44hghkbd8sst4x.pdf

Benny1
02-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Yep my thoughts exactly!

QAN is a little bit of a risk but only just tipping my toes in there. I see them coming out the other side of this a lot stronger than AIR with a well seasoned management team and long term plans plus of course Virgin now all but down and out in the Aussie market.
It's a boom or bust industry and the boom will return eventually.

Sideshow Bob
03-05-2020, 08:10 PM
I see the Warriors flew to Tamworth on one of their planes.

The only good thing about the NRL restarting is will be able to start betting against the Warriors again! :p

winner69
03-05-2020, 08:30 PM
I see the Warriors flew to Tamworth on one of their planes.

The only good thing about the NRL restarting is will be able to start betting against the Warriors again! :p

You one for the short odds then Bob

What odds the Worriers won’t see the season out?

DarkHorse
04-05-2020, 05:46 PM
Haha - reminds me of esl students years ago when we discussed sport: "Teacher, do you support the Bruise or the Worriers?"

Benny1
20-05-2020, 02:49 PM
New trading update on the hotcopper website.. Not sure if I'm allowed to post on here?

Expecting to announce FY 20 profit before tax of $40M !

FIFO operations going bang busters and I like the last line of the update regarding " being in a position to take advantage of significant opportunities ".

90% aussie owned and 8% kiwi owned... which I found interesting too.

All bodes well for an interesting time ahead.

Disc: Happy holder.

percy
20-05-2020, 03:31 PM
https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02236759
Great news.

DarkHorse
21-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Really well managed company with good niche and cashflow.

macduffy
01-06-2020, 01:53 PM
ACCC probes Qantas purchase.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-01/asx-drops-qantas-accc-investigation-competition/12306688?section=business

percy
11-06-2020, 11:23 AM
AQZ raising capital.
So many opportunities.
So many new customers.
So many planes for them to buy.[at bargain prices]
And at $2.95...Incredible.
Please AQZ don't buy AIR NZ....lol.

ynot
11-06-2020, 01:30 PM
New trading update on the hotcopper website.. Not sure if I'm allowed to post on here?

Expecting to announce FY 20 profit before tax of $40M !

FIFO operations going bang busters and I like the last line of the update regarding " being in a position to take advantage of significant opportunities ".

90% aussie owned and 8% kiwi owned... which I found interesting too.

All bodes well for an interesting time ahead.

Disc: Happy holder.

Interesting to see they are 8% kiwi owned. To bad they don't come this side of the ditch and shake things up but I'm guessing they are smarter than that.

percy
11-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Interesting to see they are 8% kiwi owned. To bad they don't come this side of the ditch and shake things up but I'm guessing they are smarter than that.

Most of that 8% is owned by ex Air Works Hugh Jones.

Benny1
11-06-2020, 03:20 PM
AQZ raising capital.
So many opportunities.
So many new customers.
So many planes for them to buy.[at bargain prices]
And at $2.95...Incredible.
Please AQZ don't buy AIR NZ....lol.

Not much chance of that! They are way too smart!!!
Need to have a look at the investor presentation but from very first glance my gut reaction was I thought $2.95 sounded a little expensive?

ynot
11-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Most of that 8% is owned by ex Air Works Hugh Jones.
Obviously he is a smart operator. He certainly made a success of Airwork. Coincidently I worked for Airwork in 79, pre Hugh.

percy
11-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Obviously he is a smart operator. He certainly made a success of Airwork. Coincidently I worked for Airwork in 79, pre Hugh.

He also holds 10.15% of PTB.

percy
11-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Not much chance of that! They are way too smart!!!
Need to have a look at the investor presentation but from very first glance my gut reaction was I thought $2.95 sounded a little expensive?

Yes $2.95 is a hefty price.
However $122 mil will go a very very very long way in today's buyers market.https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/aqz.asx-2A1230139/

Benny1
12-06-2020, 08:06 AM
Yes $2.95 is a hefty price.
However $122 mil will go a very very very long way in today's buyers market.https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/aqz.asx-2A1230139/
Huge sell off in airline stocks yesterday in NZ and Aussie and especially overnight in the US... This SPP portion of the capital raise may very well come at quite a discount to the $2.95 placement announced yesterday..
We may be well positioned as retail investors come our turn to stump up the cash 😊

Southern Lad
12-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Full A$91.9m raised through placement at A$2.95 per share without any need for underwriters to turn on their internet banking (other than to check the Underwriting Fee has been paid).

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200612/pdf/44jlc58fhw6swn.pdf

Share price held up well, however as US sell off was on fears of a second wave of COVID-19, then arguably is positive for the AQZ proposition.

SPP does provide opportunity for downside risk protection over the next few weeks due to issue price formula while enabling a free carry on upside. Limited risk of scaling given A$30m sought from just 1,500 shareholders (based on 2019 annual report statistics).

Southern Lad
12-06-2020, 10:07 PM
See SMH articles quoting AQZ CEO Lee Schofield:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/alliance-aviation-readies-to-buy-20-planes-to-fill-virgin-void-20200611-p551jh.html

Clearly they have an opportunity to take a greater part in the Virgin Australia Charter and Regional operations under the new owner. Administrators are working to a mid June conclusion of a deal with successful bidder.

percy
12-06-2020, 10:19 PM
See SMH articles quoting AQZ CEO Lee Schofield:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/alliance-aviation-readies-to-buy-20-planes-to-fill-virgin-void-20200611-p551jh.html

Clearly they have an opportunity to take a greater part in the Virgin Australia Charter and Regional operations under the new owner. Administrators are working to a mid June conclusion of a deal with successful bidder.

Thanks for the link.
Virgin Regional would be a perfect fit for AQZ.Can't see anyone else being either cashed up, or interested in it.

Benny1
13-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Hey just a quick question on the SPP if you don't mind guys.
Would I need an Aussie bank account?
Have been thinking about a transferwise account and not sure if this would be the way to go? Can set that up then can pay out of it for the SPP and any refund due to scaling can be returned easily to that account (though I doubt that would happen!) and any dividends from any ASX holding could be direct debited to that account in the future.
Just wondering if that's the best way to do it.

Southern Lad
13-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Benny, without your own AUD bank account, you would either need to buy an AUD Draft from your bank in NZ and post/courier it to the share register. What I have done with a few capital raises by ASX listed companies is to buy the AUD through my NZ sharebroker and they have been happy to direct credit into the required Australian bank account. Haven’t tried it, but my Westpac internet banking enables payments to be paid into Australian bank accounts, so that may also work. FX conversion rates have generally been sharper through my sharebroker than my trading bank and bank drafts usually come with an additional fee.

Dividend receipts are more problematic - I generally have signed up to DRP’s to save the hassle. Computershare Australia does offer a service to convert AUD dividends into NZD for a fee. Link Market Services Australia also offer a service by opening an account with OFX - see https://www.ofx.com/en-nz/press-room/press-releases/2019/link-partnership/

If you want to keep dividends in AUD rather than converting to NZD than probably best to set up an AUD account with one of the online platforms.

percy
13-06-2020, 03:30 PM
I deal with Craigs,for both NZ and Aussie,and have cash management accounts for both countries..
Very few Aussie companies still pay divies with cheques.Those I still receive I send into Craigs, who deposit into my cash management a/c.
Some companies try to pay direct credit into my NZ a/c.Always goes wrong ,so where possible it is better to take DRP [dividend reinvestment].Rights issue such as AQZ i just send the entitlement letter, or entitlement email, into Craigs who do the payment for me,taking the funds out of my [Aussie]cash
management account.

ps.Get straight onto it as usually your entitlement letter arrives just as the issue closes or is about to close.
Perhaps it is best to ring the share registry, and get them to email you your entitlement form.

Southern Lad
13-06-2020, 03:46 PM
With Australian companies I use email as the communication preference so all shareholder communication occurs electronically. This eliminates the snail mail delay.

percy
13-06-2020, 03:54 PM
With Australian companies I use email as the communication preference so all shareholder communication occurs electronically. This eliminates the snail mail delay.

The best option.

Benny1
13-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Thanks very much for your advice guys! Will get on to it!
I would seen Virgin Regional will be taken over or at least the most part of it by Alliance.
Great growth ahead for this little airline.. Not often you can say that in these current times!

Snow Leopard
13-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Hey just a quick question on the SPP if you don't mind guys.
Would I need an Aussie bank account?
Have been thinking about a transferwise account and not sure if this would be the way to go? Can set that up then can pay out of it for the SPP and any refund due to scaling can be returned easily to that account (though I doubt that would happen!) and any dividends from any ASX holding could be direct debited to that account in the future.
Just wondering if that's the best way to do it.

A Transferwise AU [multi-currency] account strikes me as a perfectly good way of dealing with Australian share SPP and dividends.

I use them extensively for shuffling money around and paying bills in several currencies.

Benny1
13-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Cool thanks for that!
Will look into it tomorrow.

Jaa
13-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Sadly TransferWise are unable to make bpay payments which most ASX SPPs etc require. I asked last month.

Had to resort to ASB Securities which only charge $12 to send a Bpay it but if you get refunded it comes back as a cheque! That you then need to forward on to ASB. If it's a large amount from say a takeover they then can take a long time to clear it. You can lose access to your money for 1-2 months. Nightmare.

percy
03-08-2020, 11:52 AM
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/aqz.asx-2A1240039/

Looks a good aircraft.
Pleasing knowing they are still in production.
Option to buy a further 5 is interesting.

stoploss
03-08-2020, 11:55 AM

Looks a good aircraft.

Going to be a busy week Percy , !!

Benny1
03-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Looks a good aircraft.

Was just going to post something on that !
I think it's a good move into some more modern aircraft, these will form the backbone of this airline for a number of years. Have seen the rise in the share price just recently and thought something must be brewing.

percy
03-08-2020, 08:27 PM
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/alliance-pounces-on-planes-deal-buying-14-embraer-jets/news-story/8ac4b56b181575f139c0453bf8806b17

Snow Leopard
04-08-2020, 01:44 PM
I have found your E190's:

Formerly flown by Copa Airlines (https://www.copaair.com/en/web/us/fleet) average age is 13.3 years (https://www.planespotters.net/airline/COPA).

percy
04-08-2020, 02:03 PM
That's them.
Pleasing that AQZ paid half the price they were a year ago.Buy one get one free.!!!
My aviation friend has flown on an E190.Great planes and another super cheap deal for AQZ.
With plenty of customers,cheap planes,cheap fuel,pilots and service crews available,AQZ's timing looks excellent.
Another Austrian Airlines sort of deal,which proved to be a game changer.

ynot
04-08-2020, 02:07 PM
At around $8 mil each they appear to be a great deal. Roughly 50m USD when new ?

percy
05-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Click onto agree and go to their result presentation.
https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02263542

https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=02263539
Cracker result.

herbert240
07-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Wow!! Massive lift in SP today. Anyone know whats behind it?

percy
07-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Would not get too excited.Yesterday they were trading around $3.50 to $3.55 before a late sale went through at $3.41.So today's close at $3.61 could be said to be up just 6 cents.
They seem to be trading lately between $3.45 and $3.65.

herbert240
07-10-2020, 10:37 PM
Ok, I was a bit hasty..thanks for that.

Southern Lad
06-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Share price closed at $3.90 on Friday with a reasonable volume being crossed. Trading update mid week has sparked some further buying interest.

There are plenty of shareholders who will be kicking themselves that they didn’t go all out on the SPP at $2.85 back in July. Shareholder take up was poor which meant that everyone could of easily got all of what they could have applied for.

Assuming markets remain firm, I’m expecting a further kicker to the share price once details of the Virgin regional flying deal are finalised and announced. There should be plenty of further profit growth available once the E190’s are delivered and flying. Cost of these additional aircraft already covered by capital raise.

percy
18-12-2020, 12:16 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02324180-2A1271119?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Benny1
18-12-2020, 12:31 PM
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02324180-2A1271119?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4

Jees...more E190 's! They certainly are taking advantage of the current times.
Good luck to them and itwill be interesting to see what their plans are for these aircraft.
On a side one I see it is all go for REX with their entry into the mainline routes in Aussie starting with SYD to MEL.
They will be in for quite the fight with and QAN & a refreshed Virgin outfit.