PDA

View Full Version : Interpreting/judging a company’s annual results

justakiwi
06-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Newbie question for the rest of you please. I have been following various HGH discussions with interest and am aware their annual results are due to be released soon. How does one judge whether a report such as this is “good” or “bad?” Are you simply looking for positive growth/profit from the previous year or are you looking much more specifically at different areas of the report?

I need to start learning about this stuff so any guidance would be helpful.

Joshuatree
06-08-2019, 11:05 AM
You could start by reading the last 3 or 4 Annual result presentations, updates, outlooks etc and see if they actually DO what they say, dont over promise promise and under deliver ,have staircase bar charts(increasing earnings, profits etc).Do this prior to the imminent AR .

justakiwi
06-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Some good suggestions. Thank you!

You could start by reading the last 3 or 4 Annual result presentations, updates, outlooks etc and see if they actually DO what they say, dont over promise promise and under deliver ,have staircase bar charts(increasing earnings, profits etc).Do this prior to the imminent AR .

Drew95
09-08-2019, 10:32 AM
I noticed a large number of small transactions, and similar transactions - can anyone explain what these are please??