PDA

View Full Version : Sharesight - seeking to gauge interest in possible investment

justakiwi
24-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Email from Sharesight today:

“You manage your investments in Sharesight but have you ever thought of investing in Sharesight?

Sharesight is a New Zealand domiciled private company. We last raised equity capital in 2015. At that time our goal was to grow revenues and reach breakeven with that investment. I am pleased to say we have now achieved those goals and have grown our annual revenues by 300% in the last 4 years.
We are now looking to raise additional expansion capital to further our push outside Australia and NZ and continue to invest in product development.
If you might be interested in joining us on our journey, or at least finding out more about what an investment might entail, please complete this <link removed> so we can gauge the level of interest.

Important legal disclaimer: No money is currently being sought and shares cannot currently be applied for or acquired under any intended offer. If an offer is made, it will be made in accordance with the provisions of the New Zealand Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. Sharesight is seeking preliminary indications of interest through this survey and no indication of interest will involve an obligation or commitment to acquire shares.”

Obviously not something I’m in a position to do but would be interested in others’ comments/opinions, purely out of curiosity.

iceman
24-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Interesting. Have been a Sharesight subscriber for some time but have not received such an email. I'm surprised if they are soliciting like this. Are you sure it is not a spam ?
p.s. I've not opened your link to the questionnaire, hence the questions

percy
24-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Putting the cart before the horse.
Asking how much you would be prepared to invest,before you have any financial details.
I would suggest someone puts in a figure of $2 mil..............lol.

justakiwi
24-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Well it seems legit. The link went to what appeared to be a genuine questionnaire, with the sorts of questions you would expect. Having said that, I didn’t complete it and submit it, as it was clearly “out of my league” in terms of any possible investment offer. The email was addressed to me by name (with the correct spelling) and certainly appears to be legit. Maybe I will email them and check.

EDIT: I have PM’d them via their chat so will see what they say in the morning. They are currently offline.

Interesting. Have been a Sharesight subscriber for some time but have not received such an email. I'm surprised if they are soliciting like this. Are you sure it is not a spam ?

Baa_Baa
24-09-2019, 07:42 PM

I got the email, looks legit. Not the first time they raised some capital either. Also interested if it comes to it to have a stake in ShareSight, it's a great product imho.

Here's the email words:

Dear Baa_Baa,

You manage your investments in Sharesight but have you ever thought of investing in Sharesight?

Sharesight is a New Zealand domiciled private company. We last raised equity capital in 2015. At that time our goal was to grow revenues and reach breakeven with that investment. I am pleased to say we have now achieved those goals and have grown our annual revenues by 300% in the last 4 years.

We are now looking to raise additional expansion capital to further our push outside Australia and NZ and continue to invest in product development.

If you might be interested in joining us on our journey, or at least finding out more about what an investment might entail, please complete this 2-minute questionnaire so we can gauge the level of interest.

Important legal disclaimer: No money is currently being sought and shares cannot currently be applied for or acquired under any intended offer. If an offer is made, it will be made in accordance with the provisions of the New Zealand Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. Sharesight is seeking preliminary indications of interest through this survey and no indication of interest will involve an obligation or commitment to acquire shares.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew Bird
Chairman
Sharesight

Please do not forward this email as its survey link is unique to you.

stoploss
25-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Last time they wanted money I nominated an amount ( but as Percy said its a bit stupid when you haven't seen the numbers ) anyway they came back and said they had dealt with bigger investors ......
Funny they have emailed me again , have put a bigger amount down ( obviously subject to financials ) see what they come back with this time......

justakiwi
26-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Sharesight’s response to my PM FYI:

“Yes it is a legit email i.e at this stage we’re simply gauging interest, but are enthusiastic about inviting our client base into the process. If we decide to proceed raising capital we will conduct a structured online process that will include a presentation, details regarding amount sought and valuation, live and recorded webinars, and a forum for you to ask questions. Further communications will be done via email.”

RRR
08-03-2020, 09:17 AM
The Board of Directors of Tasman Combined Holdings Ltd (Sharesight’s holding company) has decided to raise up to NZ$ 4M. New Zealand securities restrictions mean that we will be limiting the raise to wholesale, sophisticated, or professional investors in New Zealand or Australia. We are seeking a minimum investment of 5,000 shares or NZ$ 22,500.

I received the above email from sharesight - need to decide whether to take part. I have never invested in unlisted companies...

Does anyone know the criteria for an "eligible investor" in New Zealand?

stoploss
08-03-2020, 09:52 PM
The Board of Directors of Tasman Combined Holdings Ltd (Sharesight’s holding company) has decided to raise up to NZ$ 4M. New Zealand securities restrictions mean that we will be limiting the raise to wholesale, sophisticated, or professional investors in New Zealand or Australia. We are seeking a minimum investment of 5,000 shares or NZ$ 22,500.

I received the above email from sharesight - need to decide whether to take part. I have never invested in unlisted companies...

"An eligible investor is a type of wholesale investor. Eligible investors are people who have enough experience or knowledge about financial products to assess the risks and merits of a transaction. The benefit of being classified as a wholesale investor is that you're likely to see a much greater range of deal flow. This is especially true for offers from growth companies, because they may not want to incur the time and expense of preparing a highly regulated public offer. The potential downside is that some of the regulation which has been designed to protect investors will not apply to you."
https://www.snowballeffect.co.nz/blog/what-is-an-eligible-investor-or-accredited-investor

iceman
09-03-2020, 07:05 AM

Have they offered to give you any financial information ?

peat
09-03-2020, 11:35 AM
consider how this company might perform if we are truly in a bear market.

RRR
10-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Yes, they have shared their financial information and their future plans. I am bound by non-disclosure agreement. No guarantee that I will be offered any shares - sharesight will decide (that is my understanding any way). I will be participating in their teleconference this Friday PM