PDA

View Full Version : Container Door Crowdfunding

Traderwannabe
04-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Just visited the Container Door website and they are taking interest for a possible crowd funding capital raise. Investment starts at $500 for a piece of the pie.
Just wondering if anyone else has registered or if anyone has any thoughts on this offer?

Kelvin
05-10-2019, 04:19 PM
It is pretty hard to comment on the offer when they haven’t released an information memorandum yet

Entrep
07-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Some OK products but the 3 month shipping times kill it

iceman
08-10-2019, 01:40 AM
Some OK products but the 3 month shipping times kill it

Have several friends that have used them for quite some time and are very happy. No experience with them myself

PennyPicker
13-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Never heard of them; visited site, impressed/amused with the product catalogue and FAQ. Clearly got that Kiwi vibe.

Agree with @Entrep, the shipping times are not ideal, but the savings seem pretty good and folks will be prepared to wait for a large enough saving. (Update: The progress bars showing sales towards order fulfillment is a nice touch and definitely got me interested in a wine chiller. So maybe the model works :) )

Much of their catalogue I would consider, luxury or discretionary goods, and wonder if we're heading into an economic downturn (or one comes in the future), how does Container Door stay relevant and competitive? Is this capital raise a play and buffering for such an event?