PDA

View Full Version : happy new year and thank you

aquaman
31-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Hi All

I dont contribute very often but do follow all your comments and differing view points.

I would just like to say thank you for all your contributions and varied points of view over the last year that assist a non financial person like myself to be a bit more savvy around all things to do with share investing.

I know a lot of you are professionals and it is appreciated that you make the time for, sometimes, very in-depth analysis.

I wish you all a happy new year and may it be a successful one

Cheers

Beagle
31-12-2019, 03:03 PM
All the best to everyone and their loved ones for the 2020's :)

blackcap
31-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the sentiments. All the best to all sharetraders for 2020 :)

Ggcc
31-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Same comes from me. Wishing everybody a happy, prosperous and healthy new year.

peat
31-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Happy New Year everyone

LAC
31-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Happy new year to all, may 2020 bring new highs for all;)

Oliver Mander
31-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Aquaman, that's a great sentiment. I don't contribute vastly either, although when I make the time, I like to think its useful when I do.
All the best to all for 2020, and a happy and relaxed holiday period as well!

Lunar K9
31-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Nice one Aquaman, my thoughts exactly. Some good, humorous, informed banter here to supplement one's own research and general learning, whether you ultimately take it or leave it. A lot better spirited than some of the stuff on hot copper for sure. A prosperous 2020, hopefully not too scary, to you all. Cheers.

smiley
31-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Am also one that lingers on the sidelines with little to no contribution. Am very grateful to have much wiser and willing to put there time and contributions in. Although i do as much of my own research as possible i value other peoples opinions grately as they provide a different perspective and quite often lead to thought avenues i would have never considered otherwise. Thankyou to all who participate in this great site it has made me learn alot more than i would've without it. Cheers

RupertBear
31-12-2019, 10:34 PM
The Bear is also very grateful to all the share trader posters for taking the time to share their thoughts and knowledge and research with us. So a BIG Bear thank you from me as well. :) Have a Safe and Happy New Year and I wish you all a very profitable 2020 :cool:

RGR367
01-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Happy 2020 to all!!! Live long and prosper for this new decade too :t_up:

fungus pudding
01-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Happy 2020 to all!!! Live long and prosper for this new decade too :t_up:

The new decade starts when this one ends - on the 31st of December, this year, 2020.

That should start this year off with a bang! :D

Blue Skies
01-01-2020, 01:44 PM
Just want to add my best wishes to everyone for the New Year & appreciation for all the posts, esp some of the great analysis & insight, but also the humorous & flippant.
Special call out for Beagle for sharing such in depth analysis, always highly interesting & informative.
The last few years been a fantastic ride, lets hope it continues.
Wishing everyone a v happy & healthy 2020.

RGR367
01-01-2020, 02:11 PM
The new decade starts when this one ends - on the 31st of December, this year, 2020.

That should start this year off with a bang! :D

My dear fungus pudding, better review your concept of digits too as you got it wrong. And may all your investments (mostly on properties, if I remembered it right) prosper on this new decade that started just past midnight.

Beagle
01-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Nice one Aquaman, my thoughts exactly. Some good, humorous, informed banter here to supplement one's own research and general learning, whether you ultimately take it or leave it. A lot better spirited than some of the stuff on hot copper for sure. A prosperous 2020, hopefully not too scary, to you all. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Lunar K9 and smiley

fungus pudding
02-01-2020, 08:35 AM
My dear fungus pudding, better review your concept of digits too as you got it wrong. And may all your investments (mostly on properties, if I remembered it right) prosper on this new decade that started just past midnight.

I most certainly did not get it wrong. Of course a decade ends after year 10 full years. Not at the beginning. There is no year nought, so 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 are the years, or the 3651 or 3652 days, of a decade, (normally every 4th years has 366 days, except every 400th year only has 365 days). However the majority of countries chose to celebrate decades and the millennium with years ending in nought - supposedly for convenience and common practise of referring to decades as 'the thirties', 'the fifties' etc. AFAIK the only country that refused to do-so, and stick to the correct labels, is Cuba. The rest of us jump the gun. https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/02/world/year-2000-staying-behind-what-millennium-let-others-make-merry-havana-will-wait.html
The way we name decades is, strictly speaking, incorrect, although many would argue it is sensible or practical. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-is-the-beginning-of/

You are correct about property shares. I am simply a collector. I do not trade, or own anything else other than direct investment in commercial property, because it all looks too hard and/or risky to me. I like LPTs because of the simplicity and the tax advantage. My philosophy is to collect up things which increase my income, and keep them, adding more as I go (the exception was, as soon as I was out of my training nappies, was to dump all residential property.) I make no claims about the benefits of this - other than to say I have built a very healthy income over the years.
Have good new year, or as others (possibly those who do not understand what a decade is) say 'have a good new years'.

Brovendell
02-01-2020, 09:54 AM
Never argue or disagree with the Fungus!! :t_up:

fungus pudding
02-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Never argue or disagree with the Fungus!! :t_up:

Extremely good advice.