PDA

View Full Version : Heartland bank question

justakiwi
02-01-2020, 02:33 PM
For those who actually ask with Heartland - is it not possible to transfer funds between your Heartland accounts? There is a “transfer funds” option which brings up fields for “from account” and “To account”, but when I go to select the from account, my accounts are not in the drop down box. They show up ok in the “To account” dropdown.

I can’t imagine transferring between accounts isn’t possible - maybe a bug/website glitch?

Bjauck
03-01-2020, 01:01 PM
It is all ok when I am on macOS using safari.

justakiwi
03-01-2020, 01:03 PM
OK. Thanks. I’m using iPad Pro and still not working for some reason. Will contact Heartland.

It is all ok when I am on macOS using safari.

Bjauck
03-01-2020, 11:50 PM
OK. Thanks. I’m using iPad Pro and still not working for some reason. Will contact Heartland. Just checked on my iPhone with iOS 13.3 using safari. It looks ok with Accounts appearing in both the from and to drop down selections.

Snow Leopard
04-01-2020, 03:12 PM
I run a few websites and ensuring that they work consistently across different web browsers on different platforms results in not being being to clever with what I do.

It is surprising how often major commercial sites have problems with popular browsers.

justakiwi
04-01-2020, 03:44 PM
That is very true. Heartland’s website and app are not great. The app has a major flaw - when it starts up the left navigation pane is active but the right accounts pane isn’t. I have to always click into that pane to put the focus on the accounts. It’s a stupid design.

I run a few websites and ensuring that they work consistently across different web browsers on different platforms results in not being being to clever with what I do.

It is surprising how often major commercial sites have problems with popular browsers.

couta1
04-01-2020, 05:09 PM
That is very true. Heartland’s website and app are not great. The app has a major flaw - when it starts up the left navigation pane is active but the right accounts pane isn’t. I have to always click into that pane to put the focus on the accounts. It’s a stupid design. Their website is frustrating and awful.

winner69
04-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Their website is frustrating and awful.

..a disgrace ...especially when tout themselves as leading the way digitally

pierre
04-01-2020, 05:52 PM
..a disgrace ...especially when tout themselves as leading the way digitally
I agree. I use it often for our business but it is a PITA.

winner69
04-01-2020, 06:34 PM
I agree. I use it often for our business but it is a PITA.

Probably part of the big plan to get rid of actual banking function .....and mgrate them to Westpac.

As long as depositors don’t leave en masse they’ll be OK

justakiwi
09-01-2020, 04:19 PM
OK, apparently you can’t transfer funds between two Direct Call accounts - which is what I was trying to do. Makes no sense to me as other banks I’ve had similar accounts with, have never had a problem with it. I think their personal banking service has some major room for improvement.

waikare
13-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Their website is frustrating and awful.

Not a easy website to get around, rather bloody annoying. But...……….. Rabobank is even worse, having to use their Digipass to logon is the most stupid logon idea of any bank.

justakiwi
13-01-2020, 10:14 AM
I disagree. It adds an extra layer of security. ASB has a similar device - you don’t have to use it to log in, but you do use it to confirm certain transactions. It is, however, optional.

Not a easy website to get around, rather bloody annoying. But...……….. Rabobank is even worse, having to use their Digipass to logon is the most stupid logon idea of any bank.

Jay
13-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Rabo bank's is annoying, Yes I know it is an extra layer of security, could just change to an txt with a code like ASB does, instead of having to push button a enter a code then push button 2 enter another code etc. all this after you have entered you logon details including password

13-01-2020, 12:31 PM
OK, apparently you can’t transfer funds between two Direct Call accounts - which is what I was trying to do. Makes no sense to me as other banks I’ve had similar accounts with, have never had a problem with it. I think their personal banking service has some major room for improvement.

From memory, with the direct call accounts you have to allocate a single account (Internal or external) to withdraw or deposit from, you wont be able to do it from multiple.

justakiwi
13-01-2020, 12:45 PM
yes you need an external nominated account in order to transfer initial funds across to Heartland. But I haven’t seen any mention of an internal nominated account.

I even had issues opening my second direct call account. They wanted to know why I wanted to open another one. I thought that was particularly odd, but explained that I wanted to use multiple accounts for specific savings goals. I assume if I ever want to open a third direct call account, I will undergo the same inquisition. Do they want my money or not? Why limit people like this, rather than encourage them to deposit more money with them? I am a happy investor (so far) but not overly impressed with their personal banking, other than their “better than everyone else” deposit rates.

From memory, with the direct call accounts you have to allocate a single account (Internal or external) to withdraw or deposit from, you wont be able to do it from multiple.

waikare
13-01-2020, 06:42 PM
I disagree. It adds an extra layer of security. ASB has a similar device - you don’t have to use it to log in, but you do use it to confirm certain transactions. It is, however, optional.

Hi Justakiwi, you say the Dickipass for Rabobank is optional, how do I do transaction without this device.

justakiwi
13-01-2020, 07:31 PM
NO, the ASB one is optional.

Hi Justakiwi, you say the Dickipass for Rabobank is optional, how do I do transaction without this device.