PDA

View Full Version : Reliable dividend stocks during Coronavirus epademic

King1212
12-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Well... official cash rate at 1%....the boss said it is not going to be up any soon as we have corona virus impacting our global economy.

Wonder any stocks that pay a good reliable dividend during this Taft time?

Of course Mel...Gne, Mcy, Cen.....but their yield are getting squeezed up....

Zel....very attractive at the moment

Hlg..... could be good...

Hgh..too much exposed to dairy and drought is seen very imminent...

Any thoughts?

couta1
12-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Well I only have one so the answer is HLG.

percy
12-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Well... official cash rate at 1%....the boss said it is not going to be up any soon as we have corona virus impacting our global economy.

Wonder any stocks that pay a good reliable dividend during this Taft time?

Of course Mel...Gne, Mcy, Cen.....but their yield are getting squeezed up....

Zel....very attractive at the moment

Hlg..... could be good...

Hgh..too much exposed to dairy and drought is seen very imminent...

Any thoughts?

Remember droughts are profitable for ALF,HGH and PGW, as those farmers in drought areas are forced to de-stock,and the buyers will use ALF,HGH or PGW's livestock finance,
I have the following yield stocks;GNE,HGH,MEL,PGW,SKL,SPK,and TRA.
The trust I help out on also has the following yield stocks; AIR,EBO,FRE,HLG,and MCY,

King1212
12-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Air is risky...with the virus is sorry at the rapid pace...worst to come yet...

Hlg... supplies could be disrupted as all factories on China are still closed...

percy
12-02-2020, 07:22 PM
Yes, however should either, or both, half their divie, it would still be over 3% Net.
Life goes on.
Living in ChCh we have survived fires,floods,earthquakes,Bob Parker,and we will survive Corona Virus.

Mr Slothbear
12-02-2020, 09:37 PM
The two most trustworthy on NZX at present with gross yield above 6% are bgp and hlg.

bgp has AFAIK never decreased or suspended its dividend and has a very strong and easily checkable history over 19 years of increasing its divi.

i own bgp but not hlg.

as to your comment about hlg and china manufacturing most clothes are made in bangladesh as its much cheaper.

edit; i will add its just a virus like most flus, not the end of the world and worse has and will happen.

winner69
13-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Don’t worry about chasing dives at this time after the early birds have already got the worms ..doing so now risky and often ends in tears

Just buy ATM and enjoy the ride to riches

If you need income along the way just sell a few ....you may never know they might actually start paying a divvy