PDA

View Full Version : Parliamentary petition - shower domes in rentals

artemis
24-02-2020, 02:20 PM
This petition is to amend Healthy Homes Standards to allow a shower dome option. It relates to the new Healthy Homes Standards for rentals that require all bathrooms to have an extractor fan to specified air volume. But do not allow the option of a cheaper and highly effective shower dome in shower only bathrooms. Less invasive, less expensive to install and run, less maintenance and invented / manufactured in New Zealand.

Please feel free to take a look and sign if you agree. Takes less than a minute.

Thanks.

PS a Few people see a Success message. Looks like a bug. Ignore it and click the Sign Petition box.

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/petitions/document/PET_93678/petition-of-a-osullivan-amend-healthy-homes-standards

blackcap
24-02-2020, 02:25 PM
This petition is to amend Healthy Homes Standards to allow a shower dome option. It relates to the new Healthy Homes Standards for rentals that require all bathrooms to have an extractor fan to specified air volume. But do not allow the option of a cheaper and highly effective shower dome in shower only bathrooms. Less invasive, less expensive to install and run, less maintenance and invented / manufactured in New Zealand.

Please feel free to take a look and sign if you agree. Takes less than a minute.

Thanks.

PS a Few people see a Success message. Looks like a bug. Ignore it and click the Sign Petition box.

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/petitions/document/PET_93678/petition-of-a-osullivan-amend-healthy-homes-standards

Thanks for taking the initiative. Signed.

iceman
25-02-2020, 11:18 AM
A good idea. Signed.

Timesurfer
26-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Unlikely common sense will prevail but signed also.

RTM
26-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Makes complete sense. We have one and they are great.
Signed.

artemis
27-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Unlikely common sense will prevail but signed also.

You might be right, certainly, but at least a parliamentary petition gets the issue in front of a Select Committee. And with a decent number of sigs they won't be able to chuck it straight in the bin. I hope!

It is a venture into an alternative universe to look at some of the current and closed petitions. Quite a few have only a literal handful of sigs so far, some only 1 and the odd one with zero. And by odd I do mean odd.

Jay
27-02-2020, 02:10 PM
We had one in our bathroom before renovating it, as we did not have an extractor fan, worked great
signed

JBmurc
27-02-2020, 07:03 PM
We had one in our bathroom before renovating it, as we did not have an extractor fan, worked great
signed

Brilliant ideal love our one is a steam stopper much cheaper price but does the same job

Joshuatree
27-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Great stuff, have signed. Alot of mouldy houses are simply because folks wont open the windows in autumn/winter and spring.

artemis
28-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Great stuff, have signed. Alot of mouldy houses are simply because folks wont open the windows in autumn/winter and spring.

Very true. And tenants not ventilating was the cause of failure to have rent refunded plus compensation for a mouldy rental. Rent refund plus compo? Opportunistic.

My shower dome petition is about why a great NZ invention was ignored completely in the Healthy Homes (rentals) standards. Not like they were unaware - they were fully aware.

Thanks for signing!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/homed/renting/119785247/auckland-tenants-compensation-claim-over-damp-mouldy-house-rejected

artemis
28-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Brilliant ideal love our one is a steam stopper much cheaper price but does the same job

Thanks for signing. I tried to make it generic rather than a brand name, but appreciate that might not have worked completely.

artemis
20-04-2020, 06:52 AM
Update - Healthy Homes Standards parliamentary petition closing next week.

This is the petition to allow shower domes to be permitted as an alternative to extractor fans in shower-only bathrooms in rental properties. The petition has almost 1500 signatures, indicating a good level of interest, so thanks to all who signed. Anyone who would still like to sign, excellent, it takes about 1 minute.
Nicola Willis, MP from Wellington, has kindly agreed to present the petition so that it is officially referred to a Select Committee to discuss and formally report back to Parliament. Nicola came into Parliament in the current session, following a career in the public and private sectors, including senior management roles at Fonterra.

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/petitions/document/PET_93678/petition-of-a-osullivan-amend-healthy-homes-standards?

artemis
01-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Update. This shower dome petition has now closed, 1677 signatures. That is a pretty good number actually. Plenty of petitions sign with only a very few signatures.

Thanks very much to all those who signed. Nicola Willis MP will shortly formally present it to the House and it will be assigned to a Select Committee. I will post details when a hearing date is set in case anyone wants to make a submission.

iceman
02-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Well done artemis

blackcap
02-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this Artemis. I signed as I think its a great initiative.