PDA

View Full Version : Grocery chains

justakiwi
15-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Might be a dumb question but are there any publicly listed grocery (or similar basic essential goods) chains in NZ?

macduffy
15-04-2020, 01:48 PM
Woolworths, listed on the ASX, owns Countdown and associated brands. The Foodstuffs group - New World, Four Square and a few smaller names - is a co-operative with stores individually and privately owned.
I held WOW - Woolworths - several years ago. Good, steady performer but expensive, as I remember.

:)

justakiwi
15-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure Foodstuffs wasn’t listed - pity.

Woolworths, listed on the ASX, owns Countdown and associated brands. The Foodstuffs group - New World, Four Square and a few smaller names - is a co-operative with stores individually and privately owned.
I held WOW - Woolworths - several years ago. Good, steady performer but expensive, as I remember.

stoploss
15-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Foodstuffs group also has the Big name Pak'nSave

macduffy
15-04-2020, 03:32 PM
Foodstuffs group also has the Big name Pak'nSave

Yes, indeed!

Unfortunately, justakiwi - and the rest of us - can't buy that one either.

:(

Sideshow Bob
20-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Coles on the ASX.