PDA

View Full Version : Which companies are making good money right now?

Playa
07-06-2020, 09:42 AM
Regardless of the economic situation we are facing.

Stranger_Danger
07-06-2020, 10:23 AM

Gold producers, but the quality players are not cheap, and I expect gold to keep falling for a little longer as this euphoria phase continues, until it doesn't.

Anna Naum
07-06-2020, 10:31 AM

SDL seems to be doing well with Intl sales and the roll out to its recently announced US client. Latest announcement from the company suggested increasing returns. SP suggests some have been taking note and buying.

macduffy
07-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Gold producers, but the quality players are not cheap, and I expect gold to keep falling for a little longer as this euphoria phase continues, until it doesn't.

Likewise, the electricity gentailers should still be profitable. Necessary to DYOR on individual companies, however.

iceman
07-06-2020, 05:49 PM
FPH & MFT both trucking along.

Southern Lad
07-06-2020, 06:21 PM
AQZ on the ASX is flying high as more flights are required to be put on for FIFO mining clients due to social distancing requirements.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200520/pdf/44hywss8t4r19v.pdf

Not many airlines have come out on top!

Southern Lad
07-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Sorry - should not have posted an ASX stock on the NZX forum.

percy
07-06-2020, 07:42 PM
PAZ [offcourse].!
Forecast ▪ Q1 2020 sales our strongest ever, 30% ahead of 2019,
▪ COVID disruption resulted in April sales 45% down on 2019
▪ Level 2 has us back to full capacity and we are seeing exceptional demand across the product ranges.
▪ Despite disruption we anticipate half year sales being in excess of $10m – 20% ahead of 2019, with similar growth in EBITDA
▪ We will be able to provide clearer full year guidance with half year result announcement to be released byAugust 7.

Pricey
07-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Scales Corporation. Gem of a company, good management, pays a dividend, clear and tangible growth plan (e.g. plant more trees) coming to fruition over the next couple of years.

Leftfield
08-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Shame on you all for not mentioning ATM.... yet. :eek2:
Great margins, and huge cash reserves waiting for the right moment to be utilised.
USA Covid and riots the only uncertainties.
Almost boring and blue chip now..... who would have thought.

Playa
08-06-2020, 09:46 AM
Sorry - should not have posted an ASX stock on the NZX forum.
No worries. I will add another from ASX...ZNO sales are through the roof

percy
08-06-2020, 09:55 AM
No worries. I will add another from ASX...ZNO sales are through the roof

I'll see you and raise my wager with AVA,MSV and PTB.[already hold AQZ]...lol.

BlackPeter
08-06-2020, 10:10 AM
Agree with the companies mentioned above, but there are so many more:

CDI (property developer) keeps making good money ...

Most agricultural companies (not just the two mentioned above) keep making good money (e.g. SEK - Avocados / Kiwifruit, SAN - fishing, DEL - wine) ... too many to mention ...

Health care providers (including retirement villages, but as well GXH), health product providers (EBO, ATF) and perceived health product providers (CVT) seem to do just fine.

So many opportunities ...

JBmurc
08-06-2020, 11:40 AM

Jobs report was good in the US but think this was a dead cat bounce that will be steamrolled in the 2nd phase of Job losses coming

Also bond yields spiked pushing their value down.. how long can Bond yields be keeped down with so much Debt creation