PDA

View Full Version : Labour govt 2020-23

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Balance
21-01-2023, 10:26 PM
I think it comes down to the context and the intent in which a nick name is used.

Hipkins is called Chippie by his friends and work mates. I think of it as a term of endearment so I am ok with it.

Cindy on the other hand is frequently used by people on here who openly dislike or even hate Jacinda. Used in that way it is definitely derogatory. Is it misogynistic as well? Well quite possibly…but thats harder to ascertain.

Of course it’s derogatory - the spin mistress is so full of BS that she deserves to be called worse.

Clueless Cindy - that’s how history will remember Ardern.

tim23
21-01-2023, 10:33 PM
Of course it’s derogatory - the spin mistress is so full of BS that she deserves to be called worse.

Poor poor pitiful you😗

Balance
21-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Poor poor pitiful you😗

Very very very satisfying!

I love it when it is clear Ardern devotees are lost without their one source of BS.

Not tired of swallowing BS & spin?

RupertBear
21-01-2023, 10:54 PM

I think that is wishful thinking on your part Balance, history will actually remember Jacinda in an extremely positive way both here and around the world

Balance
21-01-2023, 10:57 PM
I think that is wishful thinking on your part Balance, history will actually remember Jacinda in an extremely positive way both here and around the world

That must be why her polling was heading towards 10% before she decided to quit as she knew she will be turfed out by NZers in October.

Cindy simply cannot handle the thought of how shameful and undignified to be turfed out - after being so loved and adored just 2 years ago.

‘One source of truth and most transparent government ever.’ You love swallowing BS, don’t you?

Balance
21-01-2023, 11:22 PM
For people hoping for a future life in political leadership, Clark warns that the top job is "a lot of grind" and requires a belief "that it is worth the time and effort and long hours and that you can really achieve things".

And we know Clueless Cindy could achieve nothing of the huge promises she made to get elected.

All words, no action and no deeds to be proud of.

fungus pudding
22-01-2023, 07:41 AM

You obviously haven't seen Dan Wooton's summary of her performance on GB News. Man, he was harsh on her! Scathing.

Balance
22-01-2023, 07:58 AM
You obviously haven't seen Dan Wooton's summary of her performance on GB News. Man, he was harsh on her! Scathing.

https://www.gbnews.uk/opinion/im-a-proud-dual-citizen-of-new-zealand-and-the-uk-but-i-will-not-forgive-or-forget-the-damage-ardern-has-caused-says-dan-wootton/427810

fungus pudding
22-01-2023, 08:14 AM
https://www.gbnews.uk/opinion/im-a-proud-dual-citizen-of-new-zealand-and-the-uk-but-i-will-not-forgive-or-forget-the-damage-ardern-has-caused-says-dan-wootton/427810

For those who can access the GB news Channel (and Euronews etc) there is plenty of interesting commentary and panel discussions.

Balance
22-01-2023, 08:17 AM
Henceforth, let Ardern be known as the 4C PM.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8SsjgjC/

Clueless Cindy = Comrade Coward

Bjauck
22-01-2023, 09:06 AM
You are showing your age (again) you know dam well that Cindy, Cinders and let’s not forget Aunty Helen are derogatory. Maybe you are not very smart after all.
PM Jim Callaghan (1970s UK) was sometimes referred to as Uncle Jim. They also had the Iron Lady too. Richard Seddon (C19th NZ was known as King Dick!) I guess most nicknames can be positive or negative depending on context and who uses them.

Wasn't Cindy a nick originating from her youth? It is just a shortened version of her Christian name. As Chippy is just a play on Hipkin's initial and surname. Chippy is a pretty good nickname, so his detractors may look for a more negative label! Ardern has said she is ok with Aunty Cindy. However I guess many here do use it and especially the Cinders version derogatorily.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2020/06/prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-on-whether-she-s-offended-by-aunty-cindy-nickname.html

tim23
22-01-2023, 09:19 AM
That must be why her polling was heading towards 10% before she decided to quit as she knew she will be turfed out by NZers in October.

Cindy simply cannot handle the thought of how shameful and undignified to be turfed out - after being so loved and adored just 2 years ago.

‘One source of truth and most transparent government ever.’ You love swallowing BS, don’t you?
She had 40% approval rating but heading south for sure but 10%? Never let the facts get in the way of a good story 😀

ynot
22-01-2023, 09:32 AM
For those who can access the GB news Channel (and Euronews etc) there is plenty of interesting commentary and panel discussions.

One of many negative international media reports of Ardern's terrible performance. Lefties will defend her failure base entirely on their dislike of the right.

Blue Skies
22-01-2023, 09:37 AM

You are quoting Dan Wooten & GB News Channel as a source of informed sensible comment about Jacinda Adern!
No disrespect & understand its not out of malice, just ignorance but that's laughable.
Do you know anything about Dan Wooten?

Do you know organisations such as Stop Funding Hate, have asked advertisers to boycott this channel?
Do you know there have been well over 2,300 complaints to Ofcom against GB News spreading misinformation?

It's dismaying people listen to channels like this & people like Dan Wooten & then go on to promote their opinions to others, but explains why there's increasing amounts of toxic, mysoginistic, misguided, hatefulness on the fringes of society now & how its becoming increasingly normalised.

With respect, read & listen to lots of different but proper news sources, like The Economist, Guardian, Washington Post, Reuters, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, The Atlantic, which publish facts & informed opinion & are subject to a professional code of ethics, & then form your opinions.

This is something we now desperately need taught in schools.

Balance
22-01-2023, 09:54 AM

Everything he said and wrote of Comrade Clueless Cowardly Cindy is bang on accurate.

No misinformation or spin - unlike from the woke leftists and the 4C PM.

Balance
22-01-2023, 10:11 AM
On the leg spreading Hipkins :

From political journalist Andrea Vance

“Like Ardern, he also likes to keep an iron grip on messaging and political communications, although is much more relaxed with reporters.

Despite promises this would be an open, transparent government, as state services and police minister, Hipkins has regularly rubbed up against the Official Information Act.

In October 2021, he alleged three women who travelled from Auckland to Northland, sparking an 11-day lockdown, had done so on false information. It was later revealed he knew officials’ mistakes were to blame but has not apologised to the women, nor corrected the record that they were gang-affiliated sex workers.

And it was Hipkins who first described the 1pm pandemic briefings as the “one source of truth”.

Then, there’s Charlotte Bellis.

Plenty more to come out of what the leg spreader is really like - a petty minded small thinker.

Hipkins is but a CHIP off the Old Ardern block.

RupertBear
22-01-2023, 10:25 AM
On the leg spreading Hipkins :

From political journalist Andrea Vance

“Like Ardern, he also likes to keep an iron grip on messaging and political communications, although is much more relaxed with reporters.

Despite promises this would be an open, transparent government, as state services and police minister, Hipkins has regularly rubbed up against the Official Information Act.

In October 2021, he alleged three women who travelled from Auckland to Northland, sparking an 11-day lockdown, had done so on false information. It was later revealed he knew officials’ mistakes were to blame but has not apologised to the women, nor corrected the record that they were gang-affiliated sex workers.

And it was Hipkins who first described the 1pm pandemic briefings as the “one source of truth”.

Then, there’s Charlotte Bellis.

Plenty more to come out of what the leg spreader is really like - a petty minded small thinker.

Hipkins is but a CHIP off the Old Ardern block.

Geez Balance get a life! God help us if we are going to be bombarded with your never ending repetitive posts on Hipkins now. Its tedious and unhelpful. Give the guy a chance and see how he goes and comment on current issues as they arise.

Balance
22-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Geez Balance get a life! God help us if we are going to be bombarded with your never ending repetitive posts on Hipkins now. It’s tedious and unhelpful. Give the guy a chance and see how he goes and comment on current issues as they arise.

Give him a chance with his track record?

Chip off the old Ardern block!

RupertBear
22-01-2023, 10:40 AM

Let me guess, that will be your new favourite quote to repeat ad nauseam :lol::lol:

Balance
22-01-2023, 11:13 AM
Let me guess, that will be your new favourite quote to repeat ad nauseam :lol::lol:

Most appropriate, don’t you think?

Or do you prefer the Lie Spreader?

Fact is that Hipkins only look good because he took over from the likes of Poto Williams and David Clark who were as incompetent and clueless as they came.

What has Hipkins achieve with education? One big disaster with the polytechnics.

Police since he took over?

And as leader of the House, he was as bad as they come in stifling discussions and debate through his propensity to play the man rather than the ball.

Truly a chip off the Ardern block.

Getty
22-01-2023, 11:31 AM
From fish and chips, to just Chippie.

The fishy one has sacked herself.

Maybe Clarke will have a Crack to perk her up?

Comrade Cinders, the woman who used NZ to reduce herself to ashes.

fungus pudding
22-01-2023, 11:48 AM
You are quoting Dan Wooten & GB News Channel as a source of informed sensible comment about Jacinda Adern!
No disrespect & understand its not out of malice, just ignorance but that's laughable.
Do you know anything about Dan Wooten?

Do you know organisations such as Stop Funding Hate, have asked advertisers to boycott this channel?
Do you know there have been well over 2,300 complaints to Ofcom against GB News spreading misinformation?

It's dismaying people listen to channels like this & people like Dan Wooten & then go on to promote their opinions to others, but explains why there's increasing amounts of toxic, mysoginistic, misguided, hatefulness on the fringes of society now & how its becoming increasingly normalised.

With respect, read & listen to lots of different but proper news sources, like The Economist, Guardian, Washington Post, Reuters, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, The Atlantic, which publish facts & informed opinion & are subject to a professional code of ethics, & then form your opinions.

This is something we now desperately need taught in schools.

I do read a lot of comment from different sources. Yes, I do know a bit about Wooton. Dan Wooton is a New Zealander who is now based in the UK. He's far from alone in slamming Ardern. I chose to mention him as he has a special interest in NZ.
FWIW I personally like Jacinda. She's way up there in charisma. And I think she has been an outstanding representative most of the time on the world stage. (None of which is to say I agree with her political stance on many things - because I don't.)

Blue Skies
22-01-2023, 12:31 PM
After watching Chris Hipkins media conference yesterday I felt the equation has shifted & National won't be continuing to celebrate Adern resigning quite the way they were a few days ago.

We already know he's incredibly smart & quick on his feet, but was reminded he has a really good sense of humour ( Chris Luxon is seriously lacking a sense of humour) & a very engaging, straightforward direct way of answering questions compared to Luxon's often laborious rehearsed answers.
When Hipkins speaks, he's interesting he's direct. Luxon risks looking ponderous.

He's young 44, with young children, fun sense of humour, fit as can be often cycling the 30 kms from Upper Hutt to Parliament before work, helpful & very down to earth, good keen DIY man, enjoys the outdoors.... lots of values Kiwis relate to.

Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, Christian Evangelical (with the disturbing beliefs which come with that) ordering a black BMW to drive him 50 meters to Parliament...what! , owning 7 houses, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Luxon & National's current strategy of 'making themselves as small a target as possible' & just let Labour lose the election, may not continue to work now.

National's CV is risibly light, Luxon hasn't ever even been a Minister & his knowledge of policy flimsy at best esp compared to Hipkins who could wipe the floor with him in the House & debates.

Anyway just some initial thoughts, interested in others impressions.

RupertBear
22-01-2023, 12:48 PM
After watching Chris Hipkins media conference yesterday I felt the equation has shifted & National won't be continuing to celebrate Adern resigning quite the way they were a few days ago.

We already know he's incredibly smart & quick on his feet, but was reminded he has a really good sense of humour ( Chris Luxon is seriously lacking a sense of humour) & a very engaging, straightforward direct way of answering questions compared to Luxon's often laborious rehearsed answers.
When Hipkins speaks, he's interesting he's direct. Luxon risks looking ponderous.

He's young 44, with young children, fun sense of humour, fit as can be often cycling the 30 kms from Upper Hutt to Parliament before work, helpful & very down to earth, good keen DIY man, enjoys the outdoors.... lots of values Kiwis relate to.

Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, Christian Evangelical (with the disturbing beliefs which come with that) ordering a black BMW to drive him 50 meters to Parliament...what! , owning 7 houses, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Luxon & National's current strategy of 'making themselves as small a target as possible' & just let Labour lose the election, may not continue to work now.

National's CV is risibly light, Luxon hasn't ever even been a Minister & his knowledge of policy flimsy at best esp compared to Hipkins who could wipe the floor with him in the House & debates.

Anyway just some initial thoughts, interested in others impressions.

Good post Blue Skies, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Getty
22-01-2023, 12:49 PM
Less relatable is the extremely corporate looking Chris Luxon, collecting another $45,000 off us taxpayers renting his own electorate office back to Parliament, an uber wealthy lifestyle & no sense of humour.

Oh ye of short memories.

How many Labour MP's have the same electorate office arrangement?

How much experience did Comrade Cinders have before PM?

2 fish and a scoop please.

RupertBear
22-01-2023, 12:51 PM

I know it is not your intent but I think many people would regard that as a positive :D

Blue Skies
22-01-2023, 01:26 PM
Oh ye of short memories.

I think it's 2 Labour MP's and 4 National MP's, but the point is I'm talking about the leaders, taxpayers pay rent on 2 of the properties Luxon owns himself & uses, including $45,000 for his Electorate office, plus there's his Wellington home, whereas none for Chris Hipkins.
Nothing illegal but when many Kiwi's are struggling with the cost of living many won't relate well to that esp when he made paper gains of around $4.3 million his 7 properties in 2021 & his salary of around $300,000.
Maybe they will, what do you think?

Luxon entered Parliament in October 2020 so he's had just over 2 years as an MP, most of it as a Backbencher.

After Uni, Adern worked as a researcher in Helen Clark's office, then in 2006 joined & worked as a Senior Policy Advisor for then Prime Minister Tony Blair, entered Parliament in 2008, & had 9 years experience in our Parliament before becoming leader in 2017.

tim23
22-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Oh ye of short memories.

That post is worse than your last one - and that was really bad😀

Getty
22-01-2023, 01:51 PM
Anyway, it remains to be seen if new wallpaper can fix the old Cracks, or just delay the inevitable...

Panda-NZ-
22-01-2023, 02:07 PM
taxpayers pay rent on 2 of the properties Luxon owns himself & uses, including $45,000 for his Electorate office, plus there's his Wellington home, whereas none for Chris Hipkins.
Nothing illegal but when many Kiwi's are struggling with the cost of living many won't relate well to that esp when he made paper gains of around $4.3 million his 7 properties in 2021 & his salary of around $300,000.
Maybe they will, what do you think?

Luxon entered Parliament in October 2020 so he's had just over 2 years as an MP, most of it as a Backbencher.

All examples of wasteful spending - Luxon should lead by example and trim his own budget.

dobby41
22-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Geez Balance get a life! God help us if we are going to be bombarded with your never ending repetitive posts on Hipkins now. Its tedious and unhelpful. Give the guy a chance and see how he goes and comment on current issues as they arise.

What else would you expect from an unbalanced person like him?

nztx
22-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Anyway, it remains to be seen if new wallpaper can fix the old Cracks, or just delay the inevitable...

2 coats upside down and up the wrong way .. some wouldn't notice the difference covering the growing gaps
with the paste shovelled on behind the job .. might make it to year end if the sun starts shining ;)

tim23
22-01-2023, 04:53 PM
2 coats upside down and up the wrong way .. some wouldn't notice the difference covering the growing gaps
with the paste shovelled on behind the job .. might make it to year end if the sun starts shining ;)

Your post makes no sense - can you kindly translate?😀

nztx
22-01-2023, 05:36 PM
Your post makes no sense - can you kindly translate?��

My translator only works for those who have some sense ;)

fungus pudding
22-01-2023, 05:50 PM

Now there's a lacuna if ever there was one.

jonu
22-01-2023, 06:15 PM
The way I see it, Hipkins was a senior minister in Ardern's cabinet. The cabinet that treated kiwis like trash. That misled us over He Puapua, 5 Waters and the whole co-governance agenda. To my knowledge David Parker was the only one to show public discomfort over what was being rammed down our throats.

Leopards and spots. Trust is broken with this Labour government. Who can believe a word they say? This is Ardern's legacy.

ynot
22-01-2023, 08:00 PM
The more I think about it, the more likely Ardern did not decide she had had enough.
I suspect more likely she was told her time was up.
How does this typically work in this situation.
Who decides ? Senior party members ?

tim23
22-01-2023, 08:15 PM
The more I think about it, the more likely Ardern did not decide she had had enough.

Don’t be a silly Billy - just accept her resignation for what it is.

Getty
22-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Expensive to a good home.
One burnt out Cinder woman.
No flatulence though as no gas left in the tank.
Very economical. (With the truth)
Please apply c/- NZ Labour Party.

Now that's not a very attractive addition to Comrade Cinders CV Is it?

Don't expect the U N to respond to that ad, so it looks like back to her old trade, if anyone can still afford fish and chips.

A reference from Chippie will help.

nztx
22-01-2023, 09:31 PM
Expensive to a good home.
One burnt out Cinder woman.
No flatulence though as no gas left in the tank.
Please apply c/- NZ Labour Party.

Now that's not a very attractive addition to Comrade Cinders CV Is it?

Don't expect the U N to respond to that ad, so it looks like back to her old trade, if anyone can still afford fish and chips.

A reference from Chippie will help.

Stuff that .. Chinese are far nicer and offer better Menu variety ;)

I gone off Phish & Chirps now .. can you trust dem ? ;)

nztx
22-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Now there's a lacuna if ever there was one.

they are apparently quite common in politics of more recent times .. dont need to look far ;)

nztx
22-01-2023, 09:41 PM

Hope she is okay .. I mean h4ll - anyone with their nuts & bolts and ball bearings in their
right places just wouldn't do an exit stage 9 in a heck of a hurry .. Have official caregivers
been appointed to look after the patient while she recovers ? :)

Has Dr Andrew been summoned to review the patient's condition and what may apparently be
'being considered to be terminal symptoms ? ..

I mean if anyone is able to kick the New Health Empire out of a lethargic neutral into it's slowest
forward crawling gear to look after an important task, he should be able to ? ;)

They must be able to still find at least one vehicle that goes, one Nurse and Support crew
with something near a full kit to assist Dr Andrew ... assuming they all haven't checked
in sick, unavailable, shortstaffed etc etc ; or all b&ggered off sick and tired of the Health
Circus that Dr Andrew has roughly sculpted out of something that previously worked 50
times better :)

tim23
22-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Hope she is okay .. I mean h4ll - anyone with their nuts & bolts and ball bearings in their
right places just wouldn't do an exit stage 9 in a heck of a hurry .. Have official caregivers
been appointed to look after the patient while she recovers ? :)
Your post is seriously weird - can I suggest it’s past your bed time?.😀

ynot
22-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Don’t be a silly Billy - just accept her resignation for what it is.
I don't believe a word she says.

tim23
22-01-2023, 09:47 PM
I don't believe a word she says.
Relax - You won’t have to for much longer - she’s resigned on Thursday 😀

Getty
22-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Relax - You won’t have to for much longer - she’s resigned on Thursday 😀

Hip hip Hippie hooray!

nztx
22-01-2023, 10:02 PM
Your post is seriously weird - can I suggest it’s past your bed time?.��

Funny that .. it was made both weird and normal so you could understand it :)

Obviously your IQ must be below even the lowest comprehension levels :)

Getty
22-01-2023, 10:03 PM
New menu to be taken away.

Chippies and Caramello.

ynot
22-01-2023, 10:12 PM
New menu to be taken away.

Chippies and Caramello.

What else would you order at the circus.

nztx
22-01-2023, 10:13 PM

Candy might be a go, in fact Candyfloss might do a come back ..

Getty
22-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Indeed, lol

Gotta have something before they bring on the chimps!

We've already had the horse prancing around.

ynot
22-01-2023, 10:49 PM
Indeed, lol

Gotta have something before they bring on the chimps!

We've already had the horse prancing around.

Careful there mate, Timmy does not take kindly to anyone referencing a certain set of teeth

nztx
22-01-2023, 11:06 PM
Careful there mate, Timmy does not take kindly to anyone referencing a certain set of teeth

It might still be too early to have finalised the attempted count of Hipkin's magnificient set of specimens ..

Dr Andrew must still be busy attending to another critical patient :)

Logen Ninefingers
23-01-2023, 12:10 PM
Hipkins is making it clear that Ardern has been barking up the wrong tree with most of her policies & he is going to scrap them. A bit of a kick in the guts for all those Labourites that have been sycophantically singing this governments praises.

jonu
23-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Hipkins is making it clear that Ardern has been barking up the wrong tree with most of her policies & he is going to scrap them. A bit of a kick in the guts for all those Labourites that have been sycophantically singing this governments praises.

My thoughts exactly. What's more, what has changed? One person leaving cabinet has caused all this? It's effectively the same bunch of incompetents who have been pursuing a hidden agenda. They can in no way be trusted.

iceman
23-01-2023, 12:47 PM

Yes absolutely right. Bearing in mind that he was at the very centre of the COVID response and the resulting border mayhem, as well as being the attack dog on anyone that spoke up, such as Charlotte Bellis and the lies he also spread about the women that entered Northland after being authorised to do so, was shockingly dishonest. It is hard for him to distance himself from that.
He also was renown by journalists for getting personally involved in delaying OIA requests, as was the whole of this "open and transparent" Government.
He is therefore significantly tainted by Labour's & Jacinda's unpopular policies, but at least he and many others finally realise & acknowledge how deeply unpopular and divisive they have been.

3 Waters, co-governance, Waka Kotahi failures and the TVNZ/RNZ are all areas he needs to stop/fix to have a chance at the next election. That means Mahuta, Jackson and the rest of the Maori Caucus backing down. How likely is that going to be ?

Blue Skies
23-01-2023, 01:20 PM
My thoughts exactly. What's more, what has changed? One person leaving cabinet has caused all this? It's effectively the same bunch of incompetents who have been pursuing a hidden agenda. They can in no way be trusted.

Cant you see the glaring irony, somehow you & Christopher Luxon missed it.

What's changed about the National Party bunch of incompetents who only got 25.6% of the vote in the last election ?
Apart from those MP's who've been kicked out in disgrace just a change of the leader!

Luxon has no sense of humour so might be expected, but some of your posts are quite funny. .

jonu
23-01-2023, 01:36 PM
Cant you see the glaring irony, somehow you & Christopher Luxon missed it.

What's changed about the National Party bunch of incompetents who only got 25.6% of the vote in the last election ?
Apart from those MP's who've been kicked out in disgrace just a change of the leader!

Luxon has no sense of humour so might be expected, but some of your posts are quite funny. .

If Labour thinks it can coast on the "Covid Election" result, well good luck with that.

What has changed? Ardern has gone. What else. The rest of the cabinet were on board with every incompetent and dishonest thing they did.

5 Waters

Co-governance (Hipkins is now saying it's not clear what that even means)

Immigration ballsup

Housing failure

Health Sector disaster

TVNZ/RNZ merger

Light Rail

Polytech cockup

It's a long list, and Hipkins was along for the ride on all of it.

nztx
23-01-2023, 02:13 PM

A bit of a shuffling of the deckchairs .. two old monkeys newly rekitted at the helm,
portfolios biffed sideways into the laps of others to see if they can do any worse.
Same problems inherent as before .. limited time to change course and of course
the Report Card for the whole 3 year term due out nearer year end ;)

One lot screaming loudly that everything is new - a miracle reincarnation, but most recognise
only new makeup applied to the tired old earlier mannequins now being paraded ..

What could possibly go wrong with an economy & confidence firmly set on a direct trajectory
course towards looking 'as limp as a wet paper bag' ? ;)

Panda-NZ-
23-01-2023, 02:42 PM

They put in a high priest to return the faithful back into the fold (National's natural 40% vote base).

Whether the blue gospel can win over the rest of the country is the question.

westerly
23-01-2023, 03:35 PM
If Labour thinks it can coast on the "Covid Election" result, well good luck with that.

What has changed? Ardern has gone. What else. The rest of the cabinet were on board with every incompetent and dishonest thing they did.

5 Waters

Co-governance (Hipkins is now saying it's not clear what that even means)

Immigration ballsup

Housing failure

Health Sector disaster

TVNZ/RNZ merger

Light Rail

Polytech cockup

It's a long list, and Hipkins was along for the ride on all of it.

Untill now every one of those so called failures mentioned has been the fault of the previous PM. No one else had any input. Why the change?

westerly

jonu
23-01-2023, 03:53 PM
Untill now every one of those so called failures mentioned has been the fault of the previous PM. No one else had any input. Why the change?

westerly

Ardern presided over them. Her failure to curtail them proves others had input....most prominent among them....the Maori caucus. Did Chippie just sit in the corner and nod? Perhaps he should be called Noddy Hipkins instead.

Hipkins was in the inner circle. He has his fingerprints all over the misinformation/disinformation producing utterances from Ardern. He has been at the centre of the "most transparent government" lie. The cynical nature of Ardern banging on about misinformation while she was at the forefront of spreading it, is part of what caught up with her. People saw through the BS. Alongside her all this time, nodding away....Noddy Hipkins.

Why the hell should we trust him? He is as tainted as Ardern.

Blue Skies
23-01-2023, 04:23 PM
Ardern presided over them. Her failure to curtail them proves others had input....most prominent among them....the Maori caucus. Did Chippie just sit in the corner and nod? Perhaps he should be called Noddy Hipkins instead.

Hipkins was in the inner circle. He has his fingerprints all over the misinformation/disinformation producing utterances from Ardern. He has been at the centre of the "most transparent government" lie. The cynical nature of Ardern banging on about misinformation while she was at the forefront of spreading it, is part of what caught up with her. People saw through the BS. Alongside her all this time, nodding away....Noddy Hipkins.

It sound like you're not aware (& apologies if you did already know) but it was the National govt which brought in Co-governance arrangements of several resources during their last term in govt.
For example the Waikato River Authority created in 2010 under National & there are others.
Curious why you & others weren't so vocal about these at the time if you object so strongly to the arrangement ?

https://www.equaljusticeproject.co.nz/articles/co-governance-in-aotearoa-new-zealand-controversy-and-cooperation2022

jonu
23-01-2023, 04:43 PM
It depends on the circumstances. If it is part of a previous Treaty settlement I guess we are stuck with it. I personally thought giving the Whanganui river personhood status was a serious blot on Chris Finlayson's generally fine record.

Ardern and Hipkins et al hid He Puapua from Winston and have tried to implement it by stealth, as is their clear and transparent way. He is as untrustworthy as Ardern, as is the rest of the Labour cabinet. They have forgotten that they are there to serve the NZ public, not dictate to it.

I'm looking forward to the internal stoush coming between Hipkins and the Maori caucus. Another Seabed and Foreshore implosion coming? Or will Mahuta back off and wait for re-election to continue her Tainui takeover?

iceman
23-01-2023, 06:41 PM

No he did not just sit back. They called him Mr Fix-it remember. What exactly did he ever fix ? He most certainly has been part of the influential inner circle of this Government for 5 years and his achievements are few and far between. In fact I can not think of any.

nztx
23-01-2023, 10:37 PM
WTF - Did I hear right on TV tonight ?

A 36% Increase in Road User Charges from 31 January 2023

Flowing through into everything, including Groceries ?

Let's see how well that goes down up & down the country flowing into almost
every other price structure, with People already struggling to get by out there

Chances of Pay Rise to fill the gap in near future ?

If things get sticky - it might be think again

Getty
24-01-2023, 11:14 AM
I hope I can retrain the predictive text on my phone.

Everytime I type capital C, it gives me Cinders, instead of Chippie...

jonu
24-01-2023, 01:41 PM
Sean Plunkett on the creation of the martyrdom of Ardern myth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YSpg_2hDU

Says it all really.

nztx
24-01-2023, 01:50 PM
It's starting to show signs of getting Bumpy:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/auckland-most-gloomy-as-regional-confidence-dives-on-cost-of-living-interest-rates/XTHNW24U5FBFVB4MGDUNMG7ER4/

Auckland most gloomy as regional confidence dives on cost of living, interest rates

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/up-to-90-jobs-to-go-at-mediaworks-staff-told-in-email-today/CW3NBWUEOZDQ3IGX5N5GDNIQAQ/

Up to 90 jobs to go at MediaWorks, staff told in email today

nztx
24-01-2023, 01:53 PM
More Reports of extent of Wastage:

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/coronavirus/hotel-bill-for-miq-surpassed-1-billion

Hotel bill for MIQ surpassed $1 billion

nztx
24-01-2023, 08:37 PM
https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/policy/hipkins-wants-business-in-the-tent

Hipkins wants business in the tent

They were before - Hipkins (as you should be aware) and look what happened

Your clueless mob wrecked the tent and trashed the holiday as well .. ;)

RupertBear
24-01-2023, 09:13 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131054039/rtana-mission-complete-for-christopher-luxon-but-outshone-by-chris-hipkins

Not sure Luxon did himself any favours speaking, it was a bit cringe to watch and he was completely outshone by Hipkins

nztx
24-01-2023, 10:18 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/news/breaking-point-weekend-emergencies-cause-big-bottleneck-at-hawkes-bay-hospital/NELDV7SKONAL3CBLEP4LEZWH2E/

Breaking point? Weekend emergencies cause big bottleneck at Hawke’s Bay Hospital

Welcome to Dr DoLittle's Hopeless Hospital Empire ..

Does the clueless Minister in charge of the rejigged Heath Sector Shambles still say they are managing ? ;)

nztx
24-01-2023, 11:18 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/131040745/is-hipkins-a-caretaker-pm-or-genuine-election-gamechanger

Is Hipkins a caretaker PM or genuine election game-changer?

The RNZ-TVNZ merger looks doomed – and rightly so. It has failed to pass the sniff test.

Similarly, the embattled Three Waters reforms have bedevilled this Government and the backlash burnt Labour in last year’s local body elections. But how far will Hipkins go to dismember the Three Waters reform model?

Blow-torching the four-entity structure and the co-governance arrangements in favour of a return to local council control, will require substantial legislative repeal and a lot of humble pie. I suspect he’s up for it.

Hipkins is acutely aware that co-governance, in its various guises, is a major lightning-rod for the electorate.

Just how he navigates neutralising or eliminating those tensions, without inflaming Labour’s Māori caucus, looms as one of his toughest tasks.

Meanwhile, Auckland’s Light Rail project; hate speech legislation; and Grant Robertson’s legacy project, the Social Unemployment Insurance Scheme, could all be parked up or torn up.

Beyond clearing the decks, grappling with the “pandemic of inflation” is where this election could still be won or lost.

Panda-NZ-
25-01-2023, 04:05 AM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131054039/rtana-mission-complete-for-christopher-luxon-but-outshone-by-chris-hipkins

Not sure Luxon did himself any favours speaking, it was a bit cringe to watch and he was completely outshone by Hipkins

Wooden delivery aye.

He's better in the boardroom where you are paid 10k a meeting to listen (but would rather simply use a speech to text app, then scroll through the internet).

Getty
25-01-2023, 09:40 AM
Wooden delivery aye.

He's better in the boardroom where you are paid 10k a meeting to listen (but would rather simply use a speech to text app, then scroll through the internet).

We understand.

For Labour, it's about finding a show pony to prance and whinny.

No substance, ability, integrity, or capability to execute policy necessary.

ynot
25-01-2023, 10:04 AM
We understand.

I agree. I was pleased to see Luxon show some spine and express where he stands on cogovernence.

RupertBear
25-01-2023, 10:37 AM
We understand.

I am prepared to give Hipkins a chance and see how he goes. Intelligent, hard working young man and a lot more personable than I was expecting. Luxon on the other hand appears to be struggling, he will be hard pressed to resonate with voters unless he improves how he comes across. Time will tell. Interesting times ahead

Bill Smith
25-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Hipkins is so confident that he will win in October that he's not moving into Premier House. Doesn't want to move his kids twice in 9 months?

Blue Skies
25-01-2023, 01:15 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/news/breaking-point-weekend-emergencies-cause-big-bottleneck-at-hawkes-bay-hospital/NELDV7SKONAL3CBLEP4LEZWH2E/

Breaking point? Weekend emergencies cause big bottleneck at Hawke’s Bay Hospital

Welcome to Dr DoLittle's Hopeless Hospital Empire ..

Does the clueless Minister in charge of the rejigged Heath Sector Shambles still say they are managing ? ;)

Why do you think they are trying to condense 20 DHB's into 4 organisations?

Under the present system, the DHB's all compete against each other for nurses & doctors & resources, so we have spare capacity in some areas of the country while we have bottlenecks at others.
It's a huge task & massively complicated, but if we want a better health system, more equitable outcomes & better services for smaller regional areas like yours, the reforms will be worth it.
You can't reform any large organisation with a $15 billion budget, esp a complicated heath system overnight.

Panda-NZ-
25-01-2023, 01:59 PM

We will of course find it from someone with no experience in developing or executing policy (while abandoning so many of their proposals).

Failure before even executing a policy.

It’s like the titanic sinking at the dock.

jonu
25-01-2023, 02:30 PM
I am prepared to give Hipkins a chance and see how he goes. Intelligent, hard working young man and a lot more personable than I was expecting. Luxon on the other hand appears to be struggling, he will be hard pressed to resonate with voters unless he improves how he comes across. Time will tell. Interesting times ahead

Hipkins was joined at the hip to Ardern every step of the way in their extraordinary list of failed policies. Even if he does a U turn on the most unpopular stuff, what does that say about his previous collusion? Leopards and spots. All trust is lost with this lot. Deceitful and incompetent....quite the combination.

RupertBear
25-01-2023, 03:11 PM
Hipkins was joined at the hip to Ardern every step of the way in their extraordinary list of failed policies. Even if he does a U turn on the most unpopular stuff, what does that say about his previous collusion? Leopards and spots. All trust is lost with this lot. Deceitful and incompetent....quite the combination.

I accept not everyone is a Jacinda fan and anyone who comes after her will be tarred by the same brush in those peoples eyes. But this may or may not be an accurate representation of how many people think. I see no evidence that “all trust is lost with this lot”. That may be wishful thinking on your part, time will tell. As I said it will be interesting to watch this play out.

Getty
25-01-2023, 03:39 PM
We will of course find it from someone with no experience in developing or executing policy (while abandoning so many of their proposals).

Failure before even executing a policy.

It’s like the titanic sinking at the dock.

Now now Panda.

You know Lux is no ordinary zoo keeper.
He was in the business world and ran an airline, before making himself available to run the zoo.
You will bear down on him, and make him aware of a few clawses, to make him the man you want him to be.
He will show you the Right way, and you will show him what he's Left out.

Panda-NZ-
25-01-2023, 03:48 PM
Now now Panda.

You know Lux is no ordinary zoo keeper.
He was in the business world and ran an airline, before making himself available to run the zoo.
You will bear down on him, and make him aware of a few clawses, to make him the man you want him to be.
He will show you the Right way, and you will show him what he's Left out.

It’s like pretending you have the training to enter the lion enclosure to feed them, when you only have some business experience (in an airline requiring taxpayer support).

nztx
25-01-2023, 03:53 PM
It’s like pretending you have the training to enter the lion enclosure to feed them, when you only have some business experience (in an airline requiring taxpayer support).

Let us know when you intend pretending to be zoo keeper .. An AIR Safety alert might
have to be posted for random garments being ejected out of the Lion enclosure ;)

In interests of Safety, can't have AIR up there left flying blind .. can we ? :)

Getty
25-01-2023, 04:11 PM

Far better to go in with the intention of feeding, than Jacinda and crew going in to milk them dry.

No mischievous playful comments about Lux's gliders being propped up by taxpayers please.
You know as much about Covid in your enclosure as anyone else.

Getty
25-01-2023, 04:21 PM
It's good that Chippie sometimes rides his bike.

He is preparing to get told 'On ya bike'!

Whether that instruction comes from the electorate, or Big Willie remains to be seen.

nztx
25-01-2023, 04:27 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/richard-prebble-why-chris-hipkins-should-call-a-snap-election/7MCXXGHB4BC4BFNJURK5M3VCYY/

Richard Prebble: Why Chris Hipkins should call a snap election

Be kind Richard .. the new Schoolboy has only just been in class for his first day
as Head Boy :)

The pea shooters & waterbombs are still being designed to deliver maximum sting
and a higher pitched scream than the boy has ever achieved by just opening his legs:)

nztx
25-01-2023, 04:29 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/luxon-commits-to-scrapping-m%C4%81ori-health-authority-reallocating-170m-funding-to-iwi/ar-AA16HtqJ

Luxon commits to scrapping Māori Health Authority, reallocating $170m funding to iwi

dobby41
25-01-2023, 04:42 PM
More Reports of extent of Wastage:

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/coronavirus/hotel-bill-for-miq-surpassed-1-billion

Hotel bill for MIQ surpassed $1 billion

So MIQ was a waste?
You advocated just letting in anyone with whatever they may have had?
You sound like Simon B!

dobby41
25-01-2023, 04:42 PM

It really isn't a challenge to out-shine Luxon!

nztx
25-01-2023, 04:43 PM
So MIQ was a waste?
You advocated just letting in anyone with whatever they may have had?
You sound like Simon B!

Didn't advocate anything .. are your screws loose ? ;)

dobby41
25-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Why do you think they are trying to condense 20 DHB's into 4 organisations?

Under the present system, the DHB's all compete against each other for nurses & doctors & resources, so we have spare capacity in some areas of the country while we have bottlenecks at others.

Add in separate and different IT systems etc - a recipe for disaster (which is what we have (had)).

nztx
25-01-2023, 04:48 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/australias-annual-inflation-rate-hits-78-in-december-highest-since-1990/WJVWRDMCX5A2PPFWLBKLH67C5U/

Australia‘s annual inflation rate hits 7.8% in December, highest since 1990

Chris, old m'ate can't let those Cheeky Aussies beat us on that -- it just wouldn't look good ;)

nztx
25-01-2023, 04:50 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/finance-sector-urged-to-support-customers-through-tougher-economic-times/ZEEHNFGSCNH65AKFPFGCK6OCLE/

Finance sector urged to support customers through tougher economic times

So undeniably the FMA are forecasting now that the SH&T will hit the FAN worse ? ;)

Are the RB & Gobbo Robbo still tone deaf or still away on holiday ? ;)

dobby41
25-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Didn't advocate anything .. are your screws loose ? ;)

If MIQ is a waste then you must be advocating to do something else - something that isn't MIQ.

nztx
25-01-2023, 05:21 PM
If MIQ is a waste then you must be advocating to do something else - something that isn't MIQ.

Where did I advocate anything else or alternative ? :)

nztx
25-01-2023, 06:06 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/new-prime-minister-chris-hipkins-speaks-after-first-cabinet-meeting-as-cpi-released/BTDW4JCEOFHPNF2A3HPGMFHLGU/

The CPI, which records changes in the price of goods and services, increased 7.2 per cent in the 12 months to December 2022, Stats NZ said today.

Open your legs and sprint for it Hipkins - this aint going away anytime soon
while your fellow goons on Govt front benches INFLATE Road User Charges into the SKY
that will only go round and round in increasing cost spirals before descending
like a sophocating cloak on everyone down on the street below ;)

If it all goes wrong- you could even get irrevocably mounted on that batton
before getting unceremoniously kicked into the gutter within less than 11 months ;)

nztx
25-01-2023, 06:15 PM
It must be time for HIPKINS to bestow a new Regional Holiday

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/minister-to-stop-holding-mobile-offices-in-his-electorate-due-to-death-threats/4HR2PYU4XBHTXF7UXFV6EOVAFA/

MP Kieran McAnulty to stop advertising mobile offices in his electorate due to ‘death threats

How about a 'Be Kind to Kieran' holiday especially for the Wairarapa ? ? ;)

Don't worry Kieran .. it could all be over by year end, then time to get as mobile
as you like again :)

As the Boss says .. then you can "Open your Legs" ;)

but the thought might scare even the most loyal off and send them all running..

It's difficult to even imagine why the good folk of Wairarapa are showing so much unwanted love
while neglecting their fine wines and range of other favoured pursuits .. races on the beach
at the Point and perhaps parading their best loved Political's closest Look alike on top of the light :)

Who knows .. the closest Look-alike probably has more credibility & b@lls going up on
the light and should be running in the opposition spot to show all what a real Politician
looks like and not just some whiny wimpy attention seeking excuse for one ;)

Perhaps Comrade Nash could help out with getting Kieran's battered publicity cart
(with no number to suggest it's even remotely mobile) back up on the high blocks
without too many further issues ? ;)

Of course Comrade Nash will be able to advise whether Kieran's publicity cart looks just
too much like a recycled ice cream or pie cart of 100 years vintage that he shouldn't have
tried to repurpose anyway - hence reason for all the attention and untoward comment
when it failed to deliver on anything that was expected of it, in the locals' eyes ;)

but It would after all look a lot better than a large sign in Huge Red Capitals inscribed:

KIERAN WAS HERE

but he doesn't like crowds

(don't ask where he is now)

nztx
26-01-2023, 01:28 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/inflation-how-high-will-new-zealand-go-in-consumer-data-as-cost-of-living-bites/5D5UOS2OSBA3NBK74TIZLZE2GE

Inflation: How high will New Zealand go as cost of living bites?

Hipkins has said tackling inflation and rampant cost of living increases will be among his top priorities.

What ? .. try to massage the serpent on it's under belly to see if it smiles back ? ;)

Could be fun watching, Chris .. if you open your legs - you might even get a free fun ride out to sea :)

It may not want to come back though ..

Logen Ninefingers
26-01-2023, 08:24 AM
The NZ media and on-line Labourite / Unionist bots are in overdrive trying to whip up some ‘Hipkinsmania’ to revive Labours flatlining fortunes. The bloke has the charisma of a ventriloquists dummy but it doesn’t stop them endlessly replaying the ‘spread your legs’ clip in a bizarre attempt to portray ‘Chippy’ as the ‘affable jokester’ that NZ needs right now. Quite why we would need an affable jokester at the helm as we face mounting economic challenges in 2023 isn’t immediately apparent. The stark reality is that Labour are now minus their ‘crisis manager extraordinaire’ as we head towards very stormy seas. This might be Chippy’s media-orchestrated honeymoon period but I’m not sure how long it will last - the jokes and bonhomie will get stale and will fall flat pretty fast if inflation cannot be tamed & the recessionary storm clouds build ominously on the horizon.

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:12 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/liam-dann-inflation-data-offers-little-for-new-pm-to-cheer-about/DFQ2M3TMRNH55BKLVGCSM4ULBE/

Inflation data offers little for new PM to cheer about

(Premium)

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:15 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/brings-tears-to-my-eyes-family-consider-selling-after-2500-monthly-interest-rate-rise/LGT6FRARRZAELKHDWVHJJYDIHE/

Mortgage pain: Nelson family consider selling after $2500 monthly interest rate rise ‘brings tears to my eyes’

Much more of this can be expected as Greater NZ feels growing inflationary pain on top

Hipkins was an integral part of the Regime leading up to this

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:18 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-meets-business-leaders-as-government-charm-offensive-begins/LNYDS5EC5VHB5LP2S6TYH7QPXU/

Chris Hipkins meets business leaders as Government charm offensive begins

What will they say ?

Yeah / Nah ?

or Look at the Unholy Shambles you lot have already created ?

or You lot have already cooked your goose - enjoy ? ;)

There are some things that No amount of Charm is likely change after chapters of
incompetence and massive carnage has been wrought by a Govt, whose new Leader
now is seen crawling out from under a rock amidst the shambles with a begging bowl
- as if he didn't know what was going on while it was happening .. ;)

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:29 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/cost-of-living-pressure-rising-costs-weigh-heavily-on-poor-families/BHGIFON7NVDB3EB54HBVHDHHBM/

Cost of living pressure: Rising costs weigh heavily on poor families

Shoppers are feeling the pinch of rising grocery prices, meaning compromises at the dinner table.

Annual inflation remains stubbornly high, sitting unchanged at 7.2 per cent - near a 32-year high.

The main drivers continue to be household costs, such as rent and maintenance, higher food prices, and building costs.

Where is Gobbo Robbo hiding on this ? ;)

Didn't he say money was important ?

Now obviously gone to ground and even more Tone Deaf ..

Why is Govt allowing this to happen ? ;)

Blue Skies
26-01-2023, 10:37 AM
The NZ media and on-line Labourite / Unionist bots are in overdrive trying to whip up some ‘Hipkinsmania’ to revive Labours flatlining fortunes. The bloke has the charisma of a ventriloquists dummy but it doesn’t stop them endlessly replaying the ‘spread your legs’ clip in a bizarre attempt to portray ‘Chippy’ as the ‘affable jokester’ that NZ needs right now. Quite why we would need an affable jokester at the helm as we face mounting economic challenges in 2023 isn’t immediately apparent. The stark reality is that Labour are now minus their ‘crisis manager extraordinaire’ as we head towards very stormy seas. This might be Chippy’s media-orchestrated honeymoon period but I’m not sure how long it will last - the jokes and bonhomie will get stale and will fall flat pretty fast if inflation cannot be tamed & the recessionary storm clouds build ominously on the horizon.

When National's finance spokesperson is a 2nd term MP who has only ever been in Opposition, never even been a Minister in govt, & holds a literature degree, you think they are going to be a safe pair of hands for the economy?
Since Key, English, Adams, Joyce left, the party is seriously seriously lacking in experience & talent.
Look at their previous Finance spokesperson Goldsmiths humiliating gaffes, couldn't even do the maths properly.
National don't have a good record as managers of the economy, they have made some terrible blunders.

Grant Robertson has been good as Minister of Finance, the economy has been well managed through the once in 100 year global upheaval caused by the Covid pandemic, if you don't believe me, look at the figures, we are doing very well compared to most countries.
We're going through the most disruptive global event since the Second World War. There's also other factors like the rapid rise in online shopping & the Climate Crisis affecting both agriculture & consumers buying preferences & worldwide shortages of labour etc
Businesses & farmers need to adapt & most are. It's no good pretending we can just go back to the good old days, those days are gone.
But the good news is inflation has peaked & the recession is likely to be shallow.
Things should be quite different a year from now.

On another note, the media harps on about the increase in mortgage rates but anyone who bought a house in the last 2 years was warned house prices were at an unsustainable level & thank God Adrian Orr insisted on tighter reg's to protect both borrowers & the banks, & banks stress tested borrowers.
On the good side which never gets mentioned, all those depositors will now start to get a reasonable return for their savings.

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:59 AM
BS: So much news being reported on Labour's economic management and mostly the sinister
side now engulfing all

This sort of News just can't be ignored or made up as much as Labour faithful might like
to downplay any or all of it - it's happening right now.

Granted, some of the more hardened Faithful would likely cling on to the Titanic until their heads
started going under before waking up in a hurry to reality - as is seen in many places ;)

Let's face it - Labour's flagship projects & economic path to betterment are mostly laying in tatters,
the Leadership now thrown into the lap of a floundering Head Boy, and Labour's Goose is well and truly
burnt to a cinder, as more and more wake up aghast to the nightmares they see approaching them ;)

Many will have read the signals and seen the writing on the wall - as there are repetitive cycles
- congratulations to those who foresaw this coming :)

Blue Skies
26-01-2023, 11:27 AM
BS: So much news being reported on Labour's economic management and mostly the sinister
side now engulfing all

This sort of News just can't be ignored or made up as much as Labour faithful might like
to downplay any or all of it - it's happening right now.

Granted, some of the more hardened Faithful would likely cling on to the Titanic until their heads
started going under before waking up in a hurry to reality - as is seen in many places ;)

Let's face it - Labour's flagship projects & economic path to betterment are mostly laying in tatters,
the Leadership now thrown into the lap of a floundering Head Boy, and Labour's Goose is well and truly
burnt to a cinder, as more and more wake up aghast to the nightmares they see approaching them ;)

Many will have read the signals and seen the writing on the wall - as there are repetitive cycles
- congratulations to those who foresaw this coming :)

If you could reduce the flatulence in your posts, they would be a lot easier for simple people like myself to understand.

nztx
26-01-2023, 11:32 AM
If you could reduce the flatulence in your posts, they would be a lot easier for simple people like myself to understand.

More understanding issues ? .. seems like a recurring theme ;)

Guess no one noticed the past 5 years of flatulence and well spun hot air :)

stoploss
26-01-2023, 12:45 PM
When National's finance spokesperson is a 2nd term MP who has only ever been in Opposition, never even been a Minister in govt, & holds a literature degree, you think they are going to be a safe pair of hands for the economy?
Since Key, English, Adams, Joyce left, the party is seriously seriously lacking in experience & talent.
Look at their previous Finance spokesperson Goldsmiths humiliating gaffes, couldn't even do the maths properly.
National don't have a good record as managers of the economy, they have made some terrible blunders.

Grant Robertson has been good as Minister of Finance, the economy has been well managed through the once in 100 year global upheaval caused by the Covid pandemic, if you don't believe me, look at the figures, we are doing very well compared to most countries.
We're going through the most disruptive global event since the Second World War. There's also other factors like the rapid rise in online shopping & the Climate Crisis affecting both agriculture & consumers buying preferences & worldwide shortages of labour etc
Businesses & farmers need to adapt & most are. It's no good pretending we can just go back to the good old days, those days are gone.
But the good news is inflation has peaked & the recession is likely to be shallow.
Things should be quite different a year from now.

On another note, the media harps on about the increase in mortgage rates but anyone who bought a house in the last 2 years was warned house prices were at an unsustainable level & thank God Adrian Orr insisted on tighter reg's to protect both borrowers & the banks, & banks stress tested borrowers.
On the good side which never gets mentioned, all those depositors will now start to get a reasonable return for their savings.
Blue skies could you just remind me what degree the current Minister of Finance has ?

Blue Skies
26-01-2023, 01:19 PM
Blue skies could you just remind me what degree the current Minister of Finance has ?

Good question, thought I'ld find out for myself.
And look at how experienced & well qualified Grant Robertson is compared to Nicolla Willis who may be good one day but has never even been in govt or a Minister.
If you were employing someone to a senior management role, would you give the job to someone with no experience, no track record!

Grant Robertson studied politics at uni graduating with a BA with Honours.
President of Otago uni students Assoc & Co- President of NZ Students Assoc.
Joined Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade in 1997
Posted to the UN in New York.
On return worked in PM's office as an Advisor
Then took Business Development role with Otago University working with investors, business & researchers to commercialise the universities world leading research.
Became an MP in 2008, this is his 5th Term in office.
In opposition held range of portfolios including Finance from 2014-2017.
From 2017 Minister of Finance plus a Minister of Sport & Assoc Minister for Arts, Culture, Heritage.
Became Deputy Prime Minister in 2020 & remains Minister of Finance.

Apart from this, look at the figures, our inflation rate has peaked & is in middle range or lower than Australia, UK etc.
Record low unemployment.
Lower Govt debt to GDP than comparable countries.
Many companies making good profits.
Rising wages.

But we are living in a time of massive upheaval, tension & rapid change, Global Pandemic, War in Europe, Democracies under threat, Climate Crisis, the impacts of Social Media, loss of serious journalism, rise of conspiracy groups, aging populations & so on.
So it's to be expected things will be tough in some areas of the economy while others benefit from the changes.

nztx
26-01-2023, 01:41 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-meets-business-leaders-as-government-charm-offensive-begins/LNYDS5EC5VHB5LP2S6TYH7QPXU/

Prime Minister Chris Hipkins meets Auckland business leaders as Government charm offensive begins

Probably more like pumping for a dumping as Labour's chips fall down ;)

Same broom, different fool on the end of it .. little changed, same past accumulation
of carnage he had a hand in creating .. what could possibly go wrong ? ;)

Not even Gobbo Robbo wanted the hot seat on top of the pile .. what a relief that must have
been when the long eager queue of just one stepped up to save the day ..

Did someone find some new colours to repaint the stripes and spots on the Labour Beehive wildlife ? :)

stoploss
26-01-2023, 01:53 PM
Good question, thought I'ld find out for myself.
And look at how experienced & well qualified Grant Robertson is compared to Nicolla Willis who may be good one day but has never even been in govt or a Minister.
If you were employing someone to a senior management role, would you give the job to someone with no experience, no track record!

Grant Robertson studied politics at uni graduating with a BA with Honours.
President of Otago uni students Assoc & Co- President of NZ Students Assoc.
Joined Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade in 1997
Posted to the UN in New York.
On return worked in PM's office as an Advisor
Then took Business Development role with Otago University working with investors, business & researchers to commercialise the universities world leading research.
Became an MP in 2008, this is his 5th Term in office.
In opposition held range of portfolios including Finance from 2014-2017.
From 2017 Minister of Finance plus a Minister of Sport & Assoc Minister for Arts, Culture, Heritage.
Became Deputy Prime Minister in 2020 & remains Minister of Finance.

Apart from this, look at the figures, our inflation rate has peaked & is in middle range or lower than Australia, UK etc.
Record low unemployment.
Lower Govt debt to GDP than comparable countries.
Many companies making good profits.
Rising wages.

But we are living in a time of massive upheaval, tension & rapid change, Global Pandemic, War in Europe, Democracies under threat, Climate Crisis, the impacts of Social Media, loss of serious journalism, rise of conspiracy groups, aging populations & so on.
So it's to be expected things will be tough in some areas of the economy while others benefit from the changes.
I was more questioning if a literature degree is not good enough for a Minister of Finance why is a BA ?
At least she has some real world business experience .
"Prior to becoming an MP Nicola held a number of senior management roles at New Zealand dairy co-operative Fonterra. Her work at Fonterra included leadership of the business’s global trade strategy team, permanent membership of the global incident management team, operational management of Fonterra-owned farms and work on a number of major projects alongside Fonterra’s global customers, manufacturing teams and farmer shareholders. Nicola also served on the boards of Export NZ and policy think-tank the New Zealand Initiative.Nicola was a senior advisor to Prime Minister John Key during his first term in Government, having been a member of his winning 2008 campaign team, a senior advisor during his time as Leader of the Opposition and a researcher for then opposition education spokesperson Bill English.
She has also worked in a number of small businesses including jobs selling shoes, clothes and bagels.
Nicola is a proud graduate of Victoria University of Wellington with a first-class honours degree in English literature. She was a successful university debater, captaining teams and competing around the world. She grew up in Wellington, and today she lives there with her husband Duncan and their four children aged 6, 9, 10, 12."

Panda-NZ-
26-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Donald Trump had business experience... in the real world too.

Though the donald is smart enough not to believe in sky fairies.

tim23
26-01-2023, 08:46 PM
More understanding issues ? .. seems like a recurring theme ;)

Guess no one noticed the past 5 years of flatulence and well spun hot air :)

Blue Skies makes a good point - maybe BS is the only person who bothers to read your posts?

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Blue Skies makes a good point - maybe BS is the only person who bothers to read your posts?

He must be more intelligent than you and an IQ of at least multiples of 23 ;)

nztx
26-01-2023, 10:58 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/130979761/uk-nurse-with-about-40-years-experience-close-to-giving-up-on-working-in-nz

UK nurse with about 40 years' experience close to giving up on working in NZ

Dr Do-Littles muddled Health Mess doing what it does best .. very Little to save itself

(Apologies to all the hard working Dr's & Nurses suffering this Shambles)

Come on now - Staff Shortages, Overseas Applicants .. Can the Health NZ Recruitment clowns do any worse ? ;)

iceman
27-01-2023, 06:27 AM
I was more questioning if a literature degree is not good enough for a Minister of Finance why is a BA ?
At least she has some real world business experience .
"Prior to becoming an MP Nicola held a number of senior management roles at New Zealand dairy co-operative Fonterra. Her work at Fonterra included leadership of the business’s global trade strategy team, permanent membership of the global incident management team, operational management of Fonterra-owned farms and work on a number of major projects alongside Fonterra’s global customers, manufacturing teams and farmer shareholders. Nicola also served on the boards of Export NZ and policy think-tank the New Zealand Initiative.Nicola was a senior advisor to Prime Minister John Key during his first term in Government, having been a member of his winning 2008 campaign team, a senior advisor during his time as Leader of the Opposition and a researcher for then opposition education spokesperson Bill English.
She has also worked in a number of small businesses including jobs selling shoes, clothes and bagels.
Nicola is a proud graduate of Victoria University of Wellington with a first-class honours degree in English literature. She was a successful university debater, captaining teams and competing around the world. She grew up in Wellington, and today she lives there with her husband Duncan and their four children aged 6, 9, 10, 12."

Real World experience doesn't count for Lefties. They prefer only student politics and Government work, such as Jacinda, Hipkins and Robinson. None of them have worked in a private business. People like BS seems to forget that Jacinda was a nobody and basically unheard of after her first couple of terms as MP, before Winston in anger appointed her PM after she lost the 2017 election.
But this is Labour's attack line now and we'll see the supporters hammer it on this forum. This is exactly why the voters have had enough of this Government that has failed to deliver on anything.

jonu
27-01-2023, 08:12 AM
Real World experience doesn't count for Lefties. They prefer only student politics and Government work, such as Jacinda, Hipkins and Robinson. None of them have worked in a private business. People like BS seems to forget that Jacinda was a nobody and basically unheard of after her first couple of terms as MP, before Winston in anger appointed her PM after she lost the 2017 election.
But this is Labour's attack line now and we'll see the supporters hammer it on this forum. This is exactly why the voters have had enough of this Government that has failed to deliver on anything.

Whether you agree with their policies or not, Labour's incompetence in delivering them won't change under Hipkins. It must be amazing to run a "business" that has an unlimited access to Capital. Run out of money...just go and get some more from the well. Shiny new idea....just go and get some more money from the well.

It's no surprise that Labour splashes the cash, they have no experience of generating it by productive means. And while they love to tout low unemployment...that's a western world wide phenomenon due to demographics; boomers leaving the workforce with a much smaller generation replacing them, nothing to do with Labour. Although if they didn't hide the unemployable through various schemes the employment figures would also take a hit.

If Hipkins is to genuinely change Labour's course, he needs to dump Mahuta and Jackson. Their threat will be to repeat the Foreshore and Seabed fiasco. Remember when that was a thing...until it wasn't? Co-governance is just the latest try-on.

Hipkins may put the brakes on some stuff for now, but if they miraculously retained power in October they would be back at it. They have been devious and deceitful, the opposite of Ardern's "clear and transparent", and Hipkins was at the centre of it all the way through.

Leopards and spots! The same spin merchants are framing Hipkins "boy from the Hutt" image. Those generators of the smokescreen haven't suddenly gone away.

winner69
27-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Robertson not standing in a sear this election …..going on list

Thinking he won’t be MOF after election …..at least will save having a by election when he does pack a sad and moves on

jonu
27-01-2023, 01:55 PM
Barry Soper on Ardern's legacy. It's a good listen. Tells it how it is, does Barry. He's seen it all over a long career covering PMs all the way back to Muldoon.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/the-front-page-barry-soper-on-the-legacy-of-jacinda-arderns-political-career/BCOUHBNZZVHRPMVRJTPSFEFVIM/

nztx
27-01-2023, 02:04 PM
Robertson not standing in a sear this election …..going on list

Thinking he won’t be MOF after election …..at least will save having a by election when he does pack a sad and moves on

Wonder if the reach of Hipkin's 'get rid of anything that stinks of recent past failure' Broom extends to sweeping around around the desk of the great Funny Money facilitator OrrLess and his swarm of RB drones
or will some further fancy summersaults and other 'playing dead & deaf' tricks be needed in future? ;)

Fancy Robbo wanting to get out of the firing line of his loyal constituents .. they aren't that bad - surely
or can't he run very fast after all those lavish Bellamy's dinners gulped down on the taxpayer's tab .. :)

westerly
27-01-2023, 02:18 PM
The NZ media and on-line Labourite / Unionist bots are in overdrive trying to whip up some ‘Hipkinsmania’ to revive Labours flatlining fortunes.

The only bots here are Nat/Act led by NZTX whose pathetic attemps at humour can only be AI generated from a poorly written programme.

westerly

Panda-NZ-
27-01-2023, 02:34 PM

Grant robertson was effectively Luxon's boss as Air NZ is almost a part the govt.. not bad for business experience.

ynot
27-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Grant robertson was effectively Luxon's boss as Air NZ is almost a part the govt.. not bad for business experience.

You are playing semantics here Panda. As you are well aware, in business the buck stops with shareholders. Sure the govt has a major holding in A NZ but it is not a typical situation in the real world of business. Robertson and co are spend our cash like monopoly money.
$50m on harbour bridge study but 1 example.
The list goes on.

nztx
27-01-2023, 03:26 PM

He could be your Banker & Paymaster too, using the same logic ;)

blackcap
27-01-2023, 03:57 PM

Don't be silly. The buck stops at the board. Air NZ is a limited liability company. The board oversees Luxon. Had nothing to do with our friend Grant.

BDL
27-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Emergency housing: 'Global embarrassment' for NZ expected at UN
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/483201/emergency-housing-global-embarrassment-expected-at-un

But it's OK, Jacinda is NOT embarrassed, she just got it to this stage and gave up instead..... (got any jobs going at the UN???)

Getty
27-01-2023, 08:35 PM
Emergency housing: 'Global embarrassment' for NZ expected at UN
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/483201/emergency-housing-global-embarrassment-expected-at-un

But it's OK, Jacinda is NOT embarrassed, she just got it to this stage and gave up instead..... (got any jobs going at the UN???)

No job at the UN for a broken down burnt out Cinder woman.

Almost in the same state she has left the country.

Was she given the slipper or the boot?

Did the ugly sisters play a part?

Its out of the frypan and back to the deep fryer at the local chippie for Cinders!

nztx
28-01-2023, 12:25 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/ibm-cuts-3900-jobs-blaming-its-exit-from-russia-and-rising-inflation/HUOHDSS6RJENJEOJNLSX3PGY3E/

Overseas:

Tech company IBM is slashing 3900 jobs – about 1.5 per cent of its global workforce

Last week, Google’s parent company Alphabet become the latest US tech giant to enact large-scale restructuring, announcing that 12,000 jobs would be cut globally.

Amazon was set to lay off more than 18,000 of its workers

Microsoft also announced it would lay off 10,000 employees in the coming months as the economic downturn continues to punish US tech giants.

US software company Salesforce also planned to cut 10 per cent of staff, or more than 7000 employees,

Even major bank Goldman Sachs was set to sack 3200 staff in the coming weeks

Meanwhile, US bank Silvergate was forced to lay off hundreds of staff

According to tech site Layoffs.fyi, nearly 194,000 industry employees have lost their jobs in the US since the beginning of 2022.

And what happens overseas in the US usually spreads elsewhere globally, eventually landing here too
and potentially impacts our export markets

Of course aside from Covid, have Robbo and crew encountered really stormy economic waters ? ;)

Be interesting to see them sleepwalk their way through an unfolding nightmare with the current large volume of carnage already strewn about ;)

nztx
28-01-2023, 06:58 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/three-waters-entrenchment-papers-reveal-months-of-planning-to-entrench-provision-and-hidden-meeting-with-greens/IY4G62SVXNDQRBZJZFMJVGW2BE/

Three waters entrenchment: Papers reveal months of planning to entrench provision, and hidden meeting with Greens

and you guessed it's Premium Content

Time for Labour to kick Three Waters back out the gate it came in, and Un-entrench the Witch behind all
the underhand and devious dealings getting in this far

Hipkins & Labour will be dead ducks in the water if they fail to remove the vastly unpopular 3 Waters along with the architect of 3 Waters - MAHUTA permanently, come election time. ;)

ynot
28-01-2023, 08:50 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/three-waters-entrenchment-papers-reveal-months-of-planning-to-entrench-provision-and-hidden-meeting-with-greens/IY4G62SVXNDQRBZJZFMJVGW2BE/

Three waters entrenchment: Papers reveal months of planning to entrench provision, and hidden meeting with Greens

and you guessed it's Premium Content

Time for Labour to kick Three Waters back out the gate it came in, and Un-entrench the Witch behind all
the underhand and devious dealings getting in this far

Hipkins & Labour will be dead ducks in the water if they fail to remove the vastly unpopular 3 Waters along with the architect of 3 Waters - MAHUTA permanently, come election time. ;)
Totally agree.
I am pleased to see Labour's fundamental issues coming home to roost.
Ardern was dangerous. Her damage was comprehensive.

iceman
28-01-2023, 10:27 AM
It’s incredible that Mahuta hasn’t been fired. She shows zero respect for due process and our democracy. She’s unsuitable for a ministerial warrant.

iceman
28-01-2023, 10:31 AM
Just listened to this great & simple explanation on inflation. Thought I’d post it here as a reminder to those who say our current high inflation is all imported and out of our Government’s control
https://youtu.be/FF8hLN_d-o0

Panda-NZ-
28-01-2023, 12:06 PM
Just listened to this great & simple explanation on inflation. Thought I’d post it here as a reminder to those who say our current high inflation is all imported and out of our Government’s control

We avoided more inflation by not going with National - who would have implemented (unfunded) tax cuts.

nztx
28-01-2023, 01:22 PM
We avoided more inflation by not going with National - who would have implemented (unfunded) tax cuts.

Forgotten about the huge hidden inflation stemming from Labour's funny money Covid Free for all already ? ;)

If you think that we avoided inflation then you're clearly deficient in the top story ;)

FTG
28-01-2023, 01:33 PM

Contrary to the narrative that the disingenuous (or at best, uneducated) folk loosely dispense, tax cuts do NOT cause monetary inflation. However, Governments & CB's printing and/or borrowing money to fuel unadulterated spending certainly does!

Moreover, money in the hand of private individuals will nearly always be spent/invested/saved far more 'efficiently' and appropriately than monies under control of the State.

Panda-NZ-
28-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Contrary to the narrative that the disingenuous (or at best, uneducated) folk loosely dispense, tax cuts do NOT cause monetary inflation. However, Governments & CB's printing and/or borrowing money to fuel unadulterated spending certainly does!

Then tell us what would be cut to pay for it - simple task.

FTG
28-01-2023, 01:43 PM
Then tell us what would be cut to pay for it - simple task.

Again; money in the hand of private individuals will nearly always be spent/invested/saved far more 'efficiently' and appropriately than monies under control of the State.

Blue Skies
28-01-2023, 02:22 PM
Again; money in the hand of private individuals will nearly always be spent/invested/saved far more 'efficiently' and appropriately than monies under control of the State.

That's a miles too generalisation to have any meaning at all.
It depends on the specific area.
Health, Education, Police, Defence,Civil Aviation, Customs, Civil Emergency, Prisons, etc, the big items, all examples where central govt management is more efficient & produces better outcomes for the largest number of people.

Panda-NZ-
28-01-2023, 02:35 PM
That's a miles too generalisation to have any meaning at all.
It depends on the specific area.
Health, Education, Police, Defence,Civil Aviation, Customs, Civil Emergency, Prisons, etc, the big items, all examples where central govt management is more efficient & produces better outcomes for the largest number of people.

In the US it's - have you got insurance?

Which is an inefficient costly nightmare rather than simply publicly funding the services.

dobby41
28-01-2023, 02:41 PM

You'll start talking about trickle-down economics next.

fungus pudding
28-01-2023, 03:55 PM

Only the socialists think money can trickle up. They confuse it with 'drying up.'

dobby41
28-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Only the socialists think money can trickle up. They confuse it with 'drying up.'

It doesn't trickle down - history has well proven that!

nztx
28-01-2023, 05:36 PM
It doesn't trickle down - history has well proven that!

The current Govt I think you'll find have proven you wrong .. and inflation has more than trickled up as
a direct consequence :)

westerly
28-01-2023, 07:00 PM

Explain just what he means by hidden taxation ?

westerly

ValueNZ
28-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Explain just what he means by hidden taxation ?

westerly

Hi westerly,

When the govt spends more than it takes in and the supply of money is consequently extended, inflation occurs. Inflation directly decreases the purchasing power of each dollar, so therefore those with savings see their purchasing power decrease. This is what Milton Friedman means when he talks about "hidden taxation", as it is essentially the equivalent to a taxation on wealth.

Hope this helps,
ValueNZ

tim23
28-01-2023, 08:10 PM
No job at the UN for a broken down burnt out Cinder woman.

Almost in the same state she has left the country.

Was she given the slipper or the boot?

Did the ugly sisters play a part?

Its out of the frypan and back to the deep fryer at the local chippie for Cinders!
What an embarrassment of a post - you are simply a 🍋

nztx
28-01-2023, 10:12 PM
What an embarrassment of a post - you are simply a ��

Are you now saying you have the intelligence of a lemon, or a lemon is smarter than you on a declared IQ of 23 ? ;)

either must be embarrassing ..

BDL
29-01-2023, 10:10 AM
What an embarrassment of a post - you are simply a ��

A Lemon! Holy smoke, I'm going to report this to the race relations commission, that sounds like racism to me.

They will send Jacinda round to sort you out. Mahuta will surely tag along to really scare you.

(It's probably not really "holy" smoke either)

Baa_Baa
29-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Co-Governance Why It's Wrong, And Why It Must Be Stopped (https://issuu.com/esisite/docs/3481_jb_-_go-governance_-_a5_booklet_-_online)

Panda-NZ-
29-01-2023, 10:58 AM

Trickle down economics works.
The market will provide.
The earth is only 6000 years old and was made in a few days.

All par for the course for a US libertarian (imported ideas the opposition leader wants to bring here).

ValueNZ
29-01-2023, 11:20 AM
The market will provide.

All par for the course for a US libertarian (imported ideas the opposition leader wants to bring here).

The central idea of libertarianism is centred around liberty, the sovereignty of the individual. This means limited government, limited taxation and maximising individuals freedom of choice. The idea that "The market will provide" seems to be a misrepresentation of the argument made by libertarians as in actuality, libertarians believe that the best possible outcome for all citizens is the natural price and quantity of output in a free market. It is important to remember that a market is just made up of buyers and sellers, coming together to form an agreed price ie equilibrium. By excessive taxation in markets, you create a price/output which isn't (usually) socially optimal nor allocatively efficient.

I'm unsure why you believe creationism is a core liberation value, its certainly not one I hold.

Panda-NZ-
29-01-2023, 11:31 AM
In practice it almost always comes with being tough on crime (overcrowded prisons is contrary to having freedom) and tough on abortion (leading to overpopulation and crime).

It's also not very flexible when circumstances demand a change of approach.

westerly
29-01-2023, 11:34 AM
Hi westerly,

When the govt spends more than it takes in and the supply of money is consequently extended, inflation occurs. Inflation directly decreases the purchasing power of each dollar, so therefore those with savings see their purchasing power decrease. This is what Milton Friedman means when he talks about "hidden taxation", as it is essentially the equivalent to a taxation on wealth.

Hope this helps,
ValueNZ

Thankyou for your reply. There are other views. https://evonomics.com/the-truth-about-inflation-why-milton-friedman-was-wrong-again/

westerly

Baa_Baa
29-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Co-Governance Why It's Wrong, And Why It Must Be Stopped (https://issuu.com/esisite/docs/3481_jb_-_go-governance_-_a5_booklet_-_online)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/131079029/damien-grant-under-arderns-guidance-we-became-the-nasty-team-of-5-million c/- Damien Grant

"Co-governance in areas like water infrastructure, land management and the health sector has been imposed without the usual process of consultation and consent.

We are moving from a regime where historical wrongs are being addressed, to a state where one ethnic class has an inherent and enduring political status that is based on their ancestry. This cannot end well.

It is possible that the reform remains in place amid a growing resentment in the wider population.

There will also be disenchantment when it becomes clear that this change does not benefit the rank and file within Māoridom but only those with the skills connections to capitalise on the opportunity."

-------
https://www.stopcogovernance.kiwi/

"Co-Governance
Stop it before it’s too late.
CO-GOVERNANCE IS NOT ABOUT CO-GOVERNANCE.
IT’S A PLAN BY RADICAL TRIBAL REPRESENTATIVES TO TAKE OVER NEW ZEALAND."

Blue Skies
29-01-2023, 12:48 PM
Hi westerly,

Hope this helps,
ValueNZ

Yes and a good example of this lever of Fiscal policy is when the National govt bailed out the South Canterbury Finance investors. Was that helpful & if so why? Did it prevent a run on the banks?
Also during the last global financial shock govt's bailing out banks & other large financial institutions in order to avoid the collapse of society.

Govt's use this lever of Fiscal policy i.e. extending the money supply, in order to promote growth & support the vulnerable (both employees & employers, depositors, banks etc) when global shocks will cause deep recessions which might do major damage to society & the economy, causing social upheaval & chaos.

The Covid Pandemic is a once in 100 year event, larger than the GFC & has caused unprecedented (in our lifetime) levels of upheaval & financial shock to the worlds economies.

nztx
29-01-2023, 01:06 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/worst-ever-hospital-wait-lists-ensnare-67000/TSKAI5GKEBG7TIKFRTE6A6P7II/

‘Worst ever’ hospital wait lists climbs to 67,000

It's Premium

How's the Worst Ever Minister to be in charge of this Unholy Health Shambles going ? ;)

Still just managing (to dig the hole deeper) or about to be flung out on his ear ? ;)

nztx
29-01-2023, 02:25 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/300794503/countdown-to-chaos-as-aucklanders-were-desperately-seeking-safety-officials-were-silent

The thick of the storm

* Auckland Emergency Management issues no social media alerts for four hours between about 6pm and 10pm​. It initially considered whether an emergency needed to be declared at 6pm but opted not to.

* Emergency Management Minister Kieran McAnulty​ early on encourages Aucklanders to follow local official advice - but little to none arrives.

* Waka Kotahi Auckland/Northland signs off social media at 7.50pm, saying it won’t be updating its posts. Transport Minister Michael Wood tells it to get back online.

* By 9.30pm councillors and ministers publicly plead for more information, and for a state of emergency to be declared. Mayor Wayne Brown says he signed the order at 9.27pm but it wasn’t publicly broadcast till 10.18pm .

Quite obvious that this lot couldn't control anything in a storm let along a p*ss up in very light rain ;)

How could they not be aware of what is going on - is Media access not available in their silly little windowless insulated caves of cluelessness ? :)

M c A Nutty & Wood should be well experienced in any sort of Labour Crisis going, including ones their own side happened to create for attention ;)

Perhaps Stuff should change the subtitle:

"The Thick & Clueless caught out in a Storm"

Blue Skies
29-01-2023, 03:41 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/300794503/countdown-to-chaos-as-aucklanders-were-desperately-seeking-safety-officials-were-silent

The thick of the storm

Quite obvious that this lot couldn't control anything in a storm let along a p*ss up in very light rain ;)

How could they not be aware of what is going on - is Media access not available in their silly little windowless insulated caves of cluelessness ? :)

M c A Nutty & Wood should be well experienced in any sort of Labour Crisis going, including ones their own side happened to create for attention ;)

This is all on Auckland's Mayor Wayne Brown, there's call for him to resign & even a petition started. It's a local State of Emergency not a national one.
The ministers & even leader of opposition were calling on him to do something, communicate with Aucklanders, instead he was invisible, & when he did finally speak he's all defensive, antagonistic, agro, extraordinary - even the deputy Mayor had to pull him away from reporters when he got testy.

He has no idea what the role of the mayor on NZ's largest city in a crisis is.
When people needed the mayor to provide leadership, guidance on where shelters were, reassurance he was useless.
It was even up to the Minister to tell Waka Kotahi to keep giving updates every half hour.
You're welcome to him. Please take him.
It was Effeso Collins at 2am giving advice on where emergency shelters were, when Brown had retired for the night.

People saying it shows how brilliant Jacinda Ardern was in a crisis. You want want to hear that though of course.

fungus pudding
29-01-2023, 03:53 PM
This is all on Auckland's Mayor Wayne Brown, there's call for him to resign & even a petition started. It's a local State of Emergency not a national one.
The ministers & even leader of opposition were calling on him to do something, communicate with Aucklanders, instead he was invisible, & when he did finally speak he's all defensive, antagonistic, agro, extraordinary - even the deputy Mayor had to pull him away from reporters when he got testy.

When people needed the mayor to provide leadership, guidance on where shelters were, reassurance he was useless.
It was even up to the Minister to tell Waka Kotahi to keep giving updates every half hour.
It was Effeso Collins at 2am giving advice on where emergency shelters were, when Brown had retired for the night.

People saying it shows how brilliant Jacinda Ardern was in a crisis. You want want to hear that though of course.

Prove it. Name them!

moka
29-01-2023, 04:04 PM

Prove it. Name them!
Yusuf / Cat Stevens @YusufCatStevens Jan 25. Leaders who dare to dream will always face hardship. @jacindaardern
– a supporter of the Peace Train who kept New Zealanders together following the terror attack in Christchurch – saw her nation as one, but people can't wait to smash it up again. #NewZealand #Unity #Peace

Barack Obama @BarackObama Jan 21
Prime Minister @JacindaArdern has guided New Zealand through crises and seized opportunities by leading with foresight, integrity and empathy. Her country is better off because of her remarkable leadership—and the rest of us are too.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Jacinda&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

dobby41
29-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Are you now saying you have the intelligence of a lemon, or a lemon is smarter than you on a declared IQ of 23 ? ;)

That's the sort of comeback you'd expect at the school playground.
Simply childish.

dobby41
29-01-2023, 05:17 PM

The thick of the storm

Wayne Brown failed!
It isn't the Govts position to declare a state of emergency.
They acted appropriately as time went on - it was a good thing Wood forced Waka Kotahi back to work (he shouldn't have needed to but when the need arose he did).
I'm not sure what the Govt was supposed to do when it is Aucklands gig - take over? Maybe they should sack the council and install a commissioner (I can imagine the outcry then)?

tim23
29-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Wayne Brown failed!
They acted appropriately as time went on - it was a good thing Wood forced Waka Kotahi back to work (he shouldn't have needed to but when the need arose he did).
I'm not sure what the Govt was supposed to do when it is Aucklands gig - take over? Maybe they should sack the council and install a commissioner (I can imagine the outcry then)?

I concur - Brown is a shocker- fancy comparing his response to an event Wellington hasn’t had - that’s plain weird.

tim23
29-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Prove it. Name them!
Why would you even bother trying to defend Wayne Brown?

tim23
29-01-2023, 07:55 PM

Your posts are even weirder than Gettys and that takes some doing. Ardern has gone now so take it easy and simply stop the silly rants about her - they are demeaning for her and you.

fungus pudding
29-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Why would you even bother trying to defend Wayne Brown?

I wasn't. I was simply asking who these people were who were saying Ardern was brilliant.

tim23
29-01-2023, 08:11 PM
I wasn't. I was simply asking who these people were who were saying Ardern was brilliant.

You are being obtuse again - history had already proven Ardern’s excellent performance in a crisis - but Brown?

fungus pudding
29-01-2023, 08:44 PM
You are being obtuse again - history had already proven Ardern’s excellent performance in a crisis - but Brown?

I made no comment on Brown, and history has not proven anything about Ardern. Polling shows she is reasonably popular, but certainly has her share of detractors - that's all.

I simply asked who these people Blue Skies was referring to in his/her ridiculous generlization.
Quote ''People saying it shows how brilliant Jacinda Ardern was in a crisis.''

jonu
29-01-2023, 08:52 PM
Wayne Brown failed!

When a State of Emergency is declared the government agencies do take over. That's how it works. Maybe Brown should have done it half an hour earlier, hard to know with how quickly the flooding escalated. What is clear is that the messaging by text alert by the CD system didn't happen. That's not on Brown. That's on the government run CD system. Where is the outrage about that? This whole thread seems a pre-emptive strike by a butt-hurt Labour party on Brown.

nztx
29-01-2023, 11:06 PM
That's the sort of comeback you'd expect at the school playground.
Simply childish.

Just about the level seen from the Govt front bench all the way along then ;)

And now, if it weren't for costing them votes you'd probably be on their ignore list too :)

Edit: The ignore list probably features all those now getting stung by high prices, high inflation,
high rent, high and rising fuel, rising interest rates and soon to be hit by higher insurance premiums within next 12 months too :) - and that's likely ahead of even worse to come ..

How convenient another diversionary natural Crisis hits to smokescreen how badly or what they aren't
doing being milked for all the attention that can be sucked out of it.

Not saying that those unfortunate to be involved in this disaster should in any way be ignored -
in fact they probably need all the help and support they can get moving forwards ..

nztx
29-01-2023, 11:24 PM
Wayne Brown failed!

How long has he been in the position ?
Govt Support on face of reports coming out seems to have been pretty abismal
Look no further than M c A Nutty and Wood who should have known better.
Brown & Local response were looking at an earlier S of E - where the h4ll were the Govt
drips hanging at that stage ? - on their way back to Wellington to set up centralised
underground Disaster management centre and press the start button in their dry cave ? ..

Any number of Govt Agencies & Local Agencies would have known how bad things were
going - Fire, Ambo, Police, Waaka No Paddle, and so forth .. were they communicating ?
A Deputy PM was in the area - why was she not communicating ?

The all knew what the Auck City & Mayoral command line was or didn't they know or think?
Obviously communication between Wood & his Waaka No Paddle Portfolio bumpkins must have
pretty non event if they went off in the middle of things only to force him
to start screaming to order them to get back on the job .. ;)

Maybe they were all Dry Weather Bumpkins .. like Wood ? A bit of moisture in the top Dept
may affect their cognitive functions ? ;)

Blue Skies
29-01-2023, 11:30 PM
I made no comment on Brown, and history has not proven anything about Ardern. Polling shows she is reasonably popular, but certainly has her share of detractors - that's all.

I simply asked who these people Blue Skies was referring to in his/her ridiculous generlization.
Quote ''People saying it shows how brilliant Jacinda Ardern was in a crisis.''

Well on Jacinda Ardern's latest Facebook post where she has 1.9 million followers, offering people guidance on this current crisis, there are over 8000 Likes & almost 1000 positive comments multiplied by thousands of replies with almost all thanking her for her outstanding leadership, being the best leader the country has ever had, thanking her for what she did for the country, leading the country through some of the most challenging times while facing horrendous abuse from a minority, being an incredible role model, leading with such compassion, kindness & strength & so on & on & on.

On her Instagram post where she has 1.7 million followers there are over 1,100 comments again thanking her with comments like 'the Auckland Mayor could learn a thing or two from you, thanks we you we need you more than ever, still a leader and a legend, one of the best leaders the world has ever seen.' ....you get the picture, I probably don't need to go on.

Apart from those there's the Presidents, ex Presidents, Prime Ministers (plural) , global leaders in various fields, who have applauded her leadership.

Now don't shoot the messanger, you may not like it but I'm just relaying to you what others are saying.

nztx
29-01-2023, 11:34 PM
Well on Jacinda Ardern's latest Facebook post where she has 1.9 million followers, offering people guidance on this current crisis, there are over 8000 Likes & almost 1000 positive comments multiplied by thousands of replies with almost all thanking her for her outstanding leadership, being the best leader the country has ever had, thanking her for what she did for the country, leading the country through some of the most challenging times while facing horrendous abuse from a minority, being an incredible role model, leading with such compassion, kindness & strength & so on & on & on.

On her Instagram post where she has 1.7 million followers there are over 1,100 comments again thanking her with comments like 'the Auckland Mayor could learn a thing or two from you, thanks we you we need you more than ever, still a leader and a legend, one of the best leaders the world has ever seen.' ....you get the picture, I probably don't need to go on.

Apart from those there's the Presidents, ex Presidents, Prime Ministers (plural) , global leaders in various fields, who have applauded her leadership.

Now don't shoot the messanger, you may not like it but I'm just relaying to you what others are saying.

Do they all realise that she's jumped of the Labour Ship Titantic' rather than walk the plank - and abandoned all 5 million in the Team with most of the headline projects in a state of disarray or sailing backwards, thereby dropping everyone in the sh*t ? ;)

davflaws
30-01-2023, 10:15 AM
The market will provide.

Is Luxon really a youg earth creationist?

jonu
30-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Do they all realise that she's jumped of the Labour Ship Titantic' rather than walk the plank - and abandoned all 5 million in the Team with most of the headline projects in a state of disarray or sailing backwards, thereby dropping everyone in the sh*t ? ;)

The Labourites are all in grief that the Dear Leader deserted them after driving the ship onto the iceberg. Be kind nztx.

iceman
30-01-2023, 10:59 AM
The Labourites are all in grief that the Dear Leader deserted them after driving the ship onto the iceberg. Be kind nztx.

They sure are and the posts on here idolising her are laughable. It's like they don't realise she was forced out of the job due to her unpopularity !

nztx
30-01-2023, 01:20 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/131068292/fuel-prices-could-rise-by-up-to-40-cents-a-litre-by-april-as-tax-cuts-end

Fuel prices could rise by up to 40 cents a litre by April as tax cuts end

A Reader Comment on article:

A significant petrol price increase will be a disaster for Labour. The two most 'seen' costs are supermarket prices and petrol prices. If it turns out to be 40c per litre, that will be a shocker.

One Govt meathead says he's going to control Inflation

The Govt meathead sitting alongside him says he going to increase fuel .. and by how much ? ;)

Do these clueless twits listen to or understand what each other says ?

;)

Another Reader Comment on article:

When the government re introduces their tax hike, the government actually make more profit than the oil companies who produce the stuff.

Please remember $0.37 per litre is the cost of decommissioning Marden Point also

nztx
30-01-2023, 02:14 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/131075504/pain-ahead-for-workers-as-companies-cut-jobs-to-tighten-their-belts

Pain ahead for workers as companies cut jobs to 'tighten their belts'

Barely a month into the new year and already big job cuts are on the cards as companies like The Warehouse Group and MediaWorks tighten their belts ahead of a looming recession – unemployment is heading higher.

The economy is expected to slip into recession this year as the Reserve Bank hikes interest rates to combat high inflation. Economists say that will see the unemployment rate lift off record low levels from about the middle of this year and peak late next year.

“We are getting to a turning point in the economy,” says Westpac acting chief economist Michael Gordon. “We are going to see the effects of higher interest rates clamping down on economic activity, and that will inevitably flow through to higher unemployment.

Didn't Hipkins think he had Business eating out of his hand ? .. or was it all a smokescreen to cover
for that not at all being the case ? ;)

Now it looks like the Sh*t could hit the fan badly .. got your deflectors on in that Wellington bunker - Chris ? ;)

Could be a double or triple crisis disaster coming your way to wipe away all the smiles & smirks ;)

Did Ardern happen to leave behind a spare jump suit, incase it all turned badly to Kr&p in a hurry ? ;)

Panda-NZ-
30-01-2023, 02:18 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/131075504/pain-ahead-for-workers-as-companies-cut-jobs-to-tighten-their-belts

Less migrants needed then.. win/win.

Keep the wages and profits here.

nztx
30-01-2023, 02:22 PM
Less migrants needed then.. win/win.

Keep the wages and profits here.

Who is going to do all the cleaning up & rebuilding ? ;)

At a guess, you will be nowhere to be seen, nor a few hardened others here :)

Then there are post-Covid Supply Chain issues .. still present and ever rising inflationary
ratchet up of costs all the way around .. on top of the previous lingering issues still
largely unaddressed and unfixed..

dobby41
30-01-2023, 02:50 PM

And it is expected that the unemployment rate will drop back to the lowest it has ever been.

dobby41
30-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Who is going to do all the cleaning up & rebuilding ? ;)

At a guess, you will be nowhere to be seen, nor a few hardened others here :)

Then there are post-Covid Supply Chain issues .. still present and ever rising inflationary
ratchet up of costs all the way around .. on top of the previous lingering issues still
largely unaddressed and unfixed..

Maybe we should go back to National's past policies
- encourage growth via importing people
But don't produce enough houses to house them
As well as reducing investment in health - more people don't need more health care (or to pay doctors and nurses reasonably)
Also, reduce investment in education - more people don't need more teachers and schools.
Reduce real spending in everything that matters and leave it for someone else to sort later.

Getty
30-01-2023, 03:00 PM
Your posts are even weirder than Gettys and that takes some doing. Ardern has gone now so take it easy and simply stop the silly rants about her

Hi Timmy,
Thanks for several posts confirming you are intellectually challenged.

I will try and simplify things for you in future.

I suggested a separate tutti frutti Timmy thread, where posters could engage with you on your terms.
But Poto, Minister of Disabilities , advises that would be discriminatory.

Please show a bit more respect for the former PM, by referring to her as Ms Ardern, or the more friendly version Cinders.

Thanks timmy

30-01-2023, 03:03 PM
And it is expected that the unemployment rate will drop back to the lowest it has ever been.

That figure is adjustable. Just put more people on jobseekers. Works a treat in hiding what the real situation is.

nztx
30-01-2023, 03:21 PM
That figure is adjustable. Just put more people on jobseekers. Works a treat in hiding what the real situation is.

Indeed :)

Did a 3.00 pm wake up call get put out in some quarters ? :)

nztx
30-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Maybe we should go back to National's past policies
- encourage growth via importing people
But don't produce enough houses to house them
As well as reducing investment in health - more people don't need more health care (or to pay doctors and nurses reasonably)
Also, reduce investment in education - more people don't need more teachers and schools.
Reduce real spending in everything that matters and leave it for someone else to sort later.

The point the finger blame game is very easy to try when the current mob have been in for how many terms,
not achieved any notable progress even on the most lowly of flagship projects, the Capitain of the ongoing
failed disaster has jumped rather than walk the plank and a lightweight posturing muppet has been put in place
to sit out and fumble his way through the remainder of the term, through which increasing numbers are starting
to wear large scale collateral damage as a result of all the clueless policies and failed initiatives of the past recent terms ;)

iceman
30-01-2023, 03:28 PM

Around 350,000 people of working age are receiving a main benefit . 70,000 more than when Jacinda became PM. Yet we have job vacancies everywhere

FTG
30-01-2023, 03:42 PM

Yes, it quite possibly will.

Any open-minded person may ask, why is this really happening?

Answer: Because in NZ, as for many other countries in the developed world, the total actively available Employment Pool (measure by FTE's), relative to total population, continues to contract.

Certainly nothing for the few 'Labourites' here to justifiably crow loudly about. It has had little to do with whatever policies a Labour (or National for that matter) lead Government have imposed.

dobby41
30-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Answer: Because in NZ, as for many other countries in the developed world, the total actively available Employment Pool (measure by FTE's), relative to total population, continues to contract.

Do you have something to back that up?
From what I've found the participation rate in NZ has increased and the underutilization rate has decreased (doesn't specify FTE though but non-FT is probably underutilized).

fungus pudding
30-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Chippie getting in some 'speaking untruth' practise.

Is Chippie related to Alfred E Nouman?

FTG
30-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Do you have something to back that up?
From what I've found the participation rate in NZ has increased and the underutilization rate has decreased (doesn't specify FTE though but non-FT is probably underutilized).

A classic example of the devil is in the detail huh.

Supposed 'Participation Rates' and hence Unemployment rates can (and generally are) improving in nominal terms, and politicians will tend to keenly point to these numbers; especially when they are 'good'!

But of course even though the total population is still growing, importantly, remember it is also rapidly aging. The number of people happy not working full-time continues to increase.

The population demographics are seismically changing, and increasingly so, which is why I think the 'unemployment rate' will remain reasonably static, if not even decrease. In spite of which Muppets are in the Beehive, not because of!

To even begin to truly understand what is really going on, as previously noted, one needs to:

- Measure the total (active & available) Employment Pool...
- by FTE (not just the number of arms & legs!).

This will start talking far more accurately to labour market capacity, demand, utilisation etc

I trust that helps.

tim23
30-01-2023, 06:16 PM
The point the finger blame game is very easy to try when the current mob have been in for how many terms,
not achieved any notable progress even on the most lowly of flagship projects, the Capitain of the ongoing
failed disaster has jumped rather than walk the plank and a lightweight posturing muppet has been put in place
to sit out and fumble his way through the remainder of the term, through which increasing numbers are starting
to wear large scale collateral damage as a result of all the clueless policies and failed initiatives of the past recent terms ;)

I see that posturing Muppet had done rather well in the latest poll😀

RupertBear
30-01-2023, 06:44 PM
I see that posturing Muppet had done rather well in the latest poll

Yes indeed

Chris Hipkins’ and Labour’s popularity soar in new polls
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-and-labour-popularity-soar-in-new-poll/XMNARUDIAJAIZBQFWNQX7ONVD4/

nztx
30-01-2023, 08:07 PM
Yes indeed

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-and-labour-popularity-soar-in-new-poll/XMNARUDIAJAIZBQFWNQX7ONVD4/

while Angry Auckland is mostly out of action ;)

what could possibly go wrong or right ? :)

nztx
30-01-2023, 08:08 PM
I see that posturing Muppet had done rather well in the latest poll��

A posturing Muppet is most likely too far above your understanding level for you to understand surely ? :)

tim23
30-01-2023, 08:12 PM
A posturing Muppet is most likely too far above your understanding level for you to understand surely ? :)
Plain English would be useful but you failed as your post once again is non sensical. Note that you conveniently ignore poll result but hardly surprised as doesn’t suit your narrative.

nztx
30-01-2023, 08:14 PM
Plain English would be useful but you failed as your post once again is non sensical. Note that you conveniently ignore poll result but hardly surprised as doesn’t suit your narrative.

It's doubtful you would understand that either :)

Another rigged poll with most of Auckland out of action doesn't warrant any response ..

tim23
30-01-2023, 08:24 PM

Another rigged poll with most of Auckland out of action doesn't warrant any response ..
I concede - trying to have any rational debate with you is fruitless (lemons aside). Like I said the poll simply didn’t suit your narrative.

RupertBear
30-01-2023, 09:13 PM

Haaa Haaa of course its rigged :lol::lol:

moka
30-01-2023, 09:33 PM
Yes indeed

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-and-labour-popularity-soar-in-new-poll/XMNARUDIAJAIZBQFWNQX7ONVD4/And the article says “there was a new face in the preferred Prime Minister rankings: Labour’s Kiri Allan came in at 1 per cent.”
I think she is very talented and will go far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiri_Allan
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiri_Allan)
Allan studied law and politics at Victoria University of Wellington. During her university studies she worked as an intern with Prime Minister Helen Clark.
She worked for a period at law firm ChenPalmer. Later she was a commercial lawyer and business consultant in Whakatāne before becoming a politician. In 2017 she entered Parliament via the party list.

On 2 November 2020, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced she would enter Cabinet during her second term in parliament, becoming Minister for Conservation and Minister for Emergency Management. In addition, she also assumed the associate ministerial portfolios for Arts, Culture and Heritage and Environment.

In a June 2022 reshuffle, Allan was promoted from Conservation to instead be Minister of Justice. Following Jacinda Ardern's resignation as Prime Minister in 2023, Allan was speculated to be a Labour leadership candidate, but declined to run.

RupertBear
30-01-2023, 09:52 PM
And the article says “there was a new face in the preferred Prime Minister rankings: Labour’s Kiri Allan came in at 1 per cent.”
I think she is very talented and will go far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiri_Allan
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiri_Allan)
Allan studied law and politics at Victoria University of Wellington. During her university studies she worked as an intern with Prime Minister Helen Clark.
She worked for a period at law firm ChenPalmer. Later she was a commercial lawyer and business consultant in Whakatāne before becoming a politician. In 2017 she entered Parliament via the party list.

On 2 November 2020, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced she would enter Cabinet during her second term in parliament, becoming Minister for Conservation and Minister for Emergency Management. In addition, she also assumed the associate ministerial portfolios for Arts, Culture and Heritage and Environment.

In a June 2022 reshuffle, Allan was promoted from Conservation to instead be Minister of Justice. Following Jacinda Ardern's resignation as Prime Minister in 2023, Allan was speculated to be a Labour leadership candidate, but declined to run.

Yes I agree. I have been very impressed with Kiri Allen for quite some time. Very intelligent woman who communicates well with people from what I have seen. I think she will go far as well.

Logen Ninefingers
30-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Looks like the media campaign to whip up
some ‘Hipkinsmania’ has had some early success. But lots of water to flow under the bridge before the election.

nztx
30-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Looks like the media campaign to whip up
some ‘Hipkinsmania’ has had some early success. But lots of water to flow under the bridge before the election.

Why - he was only in Auckland for 5 minutes sightseeing surely ? :)

No-one probably got a chance to tell him how p****d off they were the Current Govt :)

or for that matter knew anything about a rogue poll being taken ..

nztx
30-01-2023, 10:00 PM
I concede - trying to have any rational debate with you is fruitless (lemons aside). Like I said the poll simply didn’t suit your narrative.

I would watch those those Wairarapa lemons .. they are reputed to have a higher IQ .. and they may not want to teach anything to lower understanding levels of intelligence :)

nztx
30-01-2023, 10:27 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/ddddddddd/7NDRMNSELBHN5L2ERY4E3LC65Q/

Paula Bennett: The changing of the guard - but not the tide

Poor Hipkins, all polished up shinier than, wheels spinning but not going anywhere fast with all the
past debris and carnage still firmly stacked onboard - no-one wanting to listen :)

nztx
30-01-2023, 10:37 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/auckland-flood-piles-of-fresh-produce-litter-roadside-new-hassle-for-growers-shoppers/BNXN4A6M4BH5NLT5FUTRJQBG6Q/

Auckland flood: Piles of fresh produce litter roadside, new hassle for growers, shoppers

A fortune in fresh produce has been wiped out in the Auckland floods with piles of onions washed onto the roads and more food price inflation expected.

Fields with pumpkins, garlic, onions and other crops in Pukekohe were still partly flooded on Monday afternoon, nearly three days after the peak of the storm.

The community in the south of Auckland has some of the country’s best horticultural land. But roads and fields were damaged and crops washed into ditches and even residential suburbs.

More FOOD inflation ahead folks for Gobbo Robbo and the newly promoted Head Boy to jump all over to eradicate it, as the Head Boy has promised all ;)

whatsup
30-01-2023, 10:40 PM
OMG the labour lachies are out in force with this one !

Always remember " The left is a lie " !

nztx
30-01-2023, 10:45 PM
OMG the labour lachies are out in force with this one !

Always remember " The left is a lie " !

The first sign of anything that looks like a POLL usually drives them Nuts..

Probably one or two already that way without any additional help, but never mind :)

fungus pudding
31-01-2023, 08:48 AM
Yes I agree. I have been very impressed with Kiri Allen for quite some time. Very intelligent woman who communicates well with people from what I have seen. I think she will go far as well.

Me too. Possibly the most impressive in that party - which admittedly isn't saying much.

westerly
31-01-2023, 12:14 PM

Probably one or two already that way without any additional help, but never mind :)

Look who is talking.

westerly

dobby41
31-01-2023, 02:01 PM
A classic example of the devil is in the detail huh.

Supposed 'Participation Rates' and hence Unemployment rates can (and generally are) improving in nominal terms, and politicians will tend to keenly point to these numbers; especially when they are 'good'!

But of course even though the total population is still growing, importantly, remember it is also rapidly aging. The number of people happy not working full-time continues to increase.

The population demographics are seismically changing, and increasingly so, which is why I think the 'unemployment rate' will remain reasonably static, if not even decrease. In spite of which Muppets are in the Beehive, not because of!

To even begin to truly understand what is really going on, as previously noted, one needs to:

- Measure the total (active & available) Employment Pool...
- by FTE (not just the number of arms & legs!).

This will start talking far more accurately to labour market capacity, demand, utilisation etc

I trust that helps.

You didn't give anything to back up your claim so, no, it didn't help!
Maybe it is an opinion rather than a fact?

Unemployment and participation is taken as a proportion of the total population and the participation rate has been growing for many years.
The unemployment rate has been dropping also.

What I can't find is FTE based - do you have anything at all except words and opinions?

dobby41
31-01-2023, 02:04 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/ddddddddd/7NDRMNSELBHN5L2ERY4E3LC65Q/

Paula Bennett: The changing of the guard - but not the tide

Poor Hipkins, all polished up shinier than, wheels spinning but not going anywhere fast with all the
past debris and carnage still firmly stacked onboard - no-one wanting to listen :)

The same could be said for Luxon - new shiny head but same dull party behind him.

blackcap
31-01-2023, 02:08 PM
You didn't give anything to back up your claim so, no, it didn't help!
Maybe it is an opinion rather than a fact?

Unemployment and participation is taken as a proportion of the total population and the participation rate has been growing for many years.
The unemployment rate has been dropping also.

What I can't find is FTE based - do you have anything at all except words and opinions?

Actively looking for it? What does that even mean? Is that like the "job seeker" thing they report on these days?
Stats are so easy to manipulate.

jonu
31-01-2023, 02:17 PM
The same could be said for Luxon - new shiny head but same dull party behind him.

Oh you cheeky monkey dobby41. I see what you did there! Funny how, if someone made an appearance-based comment on the lately departed Dear Leader, they were misogynist, but Luxon's shiny head is fair game. I personally don't have a problem with it as long as it's lighthearted, but not so our Labourites when it targets St Cindy.

dobby41
31-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Actively looking for it? What does that even mean? Is that like the "job seeker" thing they report on these days?
Stats are so easy to manipulate.

While stats may be easy to manipulate FTG doesn't seem to have any at all.

fungus pudding
31-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Chippies reshuffle.

Full marks to Chippie for shuffling Twyford out his housing portfolio, and shuffling David Clark out of the way - minus a point or two for appointing the dismal David Parker to Robertson's finance team, and minus a couple more for repeating his lie from yesterday, 'there is no shortage of talent to choose from'.
Otherwise well done Chris, considering what you had to work with. Pity he wasn't game enough to dump the token Willie Jackson from his broadcasting role.
And Michael Woods - minister for Auckland ??? the mind boggles!!

Blue Skies
31-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Jacinda Ardern in her new role as MP for Mt Albert still really engaged helping people, summarising useful council info about managing the huge amount of waste as a result of the flooding with notes for people without insurance, waste on public land, how to report significant blockages & debris including vehicles in streams, how to get replacement rubbish or recycling bins if yours lost etc. Exactly the sort of info many people need right now.

What a shame our MP's (Paul Goldsmith & David Seymour who haven't heard a word from) couldn't be even half as helpful.
About as useless as our mayor who surely will have to resign after this is over.

jonu
31-01-2023, 04:25 PM
Jacinda Ardern in her new role as MP for Mt Albert still really engaged helping people, summarising useful council info about managing the huge amount of waste as a result of the flooding with notes for people without insurance, waste on public land, how to report significant blockages & debris including vehicles in streams, how to get replacement rubbish or recycling bins if yours lost etc. Exactly the sort of info many people need right now.

What a shame our MP's (Paul Goldsmith & David Seymour who haven't heard a word from) couldn't be even half as helpful.
About as useless as our mayor who surely will have to resign after this is over.

So you're telling us Cindy is recycling already available Council info? Good for her....I guess.
I figure MPs from all sides will do what they can to help behind the scenes. Keeping out of the way of CD who are running the show

winner69
31-01-2023, 04:25 PM
Mind you that guy Simeon did a great job in cleaning up the cleanest street in Auckland

Blue Skies
31-01-2023, 04:32 PM
Mind you that guy Simeon did a great job in cleaning up the cleanest street in Auckland

Ha, just what every genuine clean-up volunteer wears, cream pants & mustn't get any dirt on the shiny new gumboots!

moka
31-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Cabinet reshuffle - who is in and who is out.
Nanaia Mahuta has lost the controversial Local Government Minister post to Kieran McAnulty, who moves into Cabinet. Joining McAnulty in Cabinet are new Ministers Ginny Andersen and Barbara Edmonds.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/auckland-northland-flooding-cabinet-re-shuffle-announced-pm-hipkins-to-address-state-of-emergency/TJOIAGWMO5A7BPTONEPN454HHE/
(https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/auckland-northland-flooding-cabinet-re-shuffle-announced-pm-hipkins-to-address-state-of-emergency/TJOIAGWMO5A7BPTONEPN454HHE/)
There are four new Ministers outside of Cabinet; Duncan Webb, Willow-Jean Prime, Rino Tirikatene, and Dr Deborah Russell.
”I want to acknowledge the departing Ministers for their incredible service. To Poto Williams, David Clark, Aupito William Sio, Phil Twyford and of course Jacinda Ardern, thank you.”
The reshuffle, which was forecast by former Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern last year, was announced internally to the Labour caucus this morning before a meeting of Cabinet.

The new Cabinet

Chris Hipkins: Prime Minister, Minister for National Security and Intelligence Minister Responsible for Ministerial Services
Carmel Sepuloni: Deputy Prime Minister Minister for Social Development and Employment Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage, Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs (Pacific Region)
Kelvin Davis: Minister for Māori Crown Relations: Te Arawhiti Minister for Children, Minister of Corrections, Associate Minister of Education (Māori Education)
Grant Robertson: Minister of Finance, Minister for Sport and Recreation, Leader of the House
Jan Tinetti: Minister of Education, Minister for Women, Minister for Child Poverty Reduction
Michael Wood: Minister of Immigration, Minister of Transport, Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety, Minister for Auckland , Associate Minister of Finance
Ayesha Verrall: Minister of Health, Minister of Research, Science and Innovation
Willie Jackson: Minister for Broadcasting and Media, Minister for Māori Development, Associate Minister for ACC, Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment (Māori Employment)
Kiri Allan: Minister of Justice, Minister for Regional Development, Associate Minister of Transport
Megan Woods: Minister of Housing, Minister for Infrastructure, Minister of Energy and Resources, Minister for Building and Construction, Associate Minister of Finance
Stuart Nash: Minister for Economic Development, Minister of Forestry, Minister of Police, Minister for Oceans and Fisheries
Damien O’Connor: Minister of Agriculture, Minister for Biosecurity, Minister for Land Information, Minister for Trade and Export Growth
Peeni Henare: Minister for ACC Minister of Tourism Associate Minister for the Environment Associate Minister of Health (Māori Health)
Andrew Little: Minister of Defence, Minister Responsible for the GCSB, Minister Responsible for the NZSIS, Minister for the Public Service, Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations, Lead Coordination Minister for the Government’s Response to the Royal Commission’s Report into the Terrorist Attack on the Christchurch Mosques
David Parker: Attorney-General, Minister for the Environment, Minister of Revenue, Associate Minister of Finance, Minister for Whānau Ora
Nanaia Mahuta: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister for Disarmament and Arms Control, Associate Minister for Māori Development
Priyanca Radhakrishnan: Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector Minister for Disability Issues, Minister for Diversity, Inclusion and Ethnic Communities, Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment, Associate Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety
Kieran McAnulty: Minister for Emergency Management Minister of Local Government Minister for Racing Minister for Rural Communities Deputy Leader of the House
Ginny Andersen: Minister for the Digital Economy and Communications, Minister for Seniors, Minister for Small Business, Associate Minister of Immigration, Associate Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations
Barbara Edmonds: Minister of Internal Affairs Minister for Pacific Peoples Associate Minister of Health (Pacific Peoples) Associate Minister of Housing

dobby41
31-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Ha, just what every genuine clean-up volunteer wears, cream pants & mustn't get any dirt on the shiny new gumboots!

Looks like a new spade too!

FTG
31-01-2023, 07:24 PM

LOL! No need to lash out at others because you have a few lingering frustrations Dobby.

I'm happy to help you to a point , but hey, I'm not going to do ALL your work mate. If you genuinely want to understand, then "Seek and ye shall find"....FTE based stats.

Maybe just take off the pink-tinged glasses for a few moments, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Let's pull you out of the little Rabbit hole and do a quick recap.

You originally pointed to the fact that 'unemployment' figures have fallen further under the current Labour Govt. Through implication you claimed that those figures improving was because of the Labour govt, not, in spite of it. I agreed with you on the fact that recorded 'unemployment/participation' stats have improved. I also stated that IMO the good numbers are likely to stay similar or maybe even 'improve' further...

....regardless of which Muppets are in the Beehive.

You now post a participation rate chart, which clearly shows an improving trend from the early 1990's - 30 years Dobby!
Further validating my exact point that this strong trend has remained in play, regardless of whether Labour has been in Govt. or not.

I tried to assist you, but it seems to no avail, in pointing to just a couple of key inputs (FYI: there are others too) which are primarily driving these outcomes; in spite of any positive/negative policies Govt's have imposed. Namely, an aging demographic and the mix of people seeking FT or PT hours. Which by the way, we have seen make another shift (globally), post Covid.

PS. As you know, stats are easy to manipulate or misrepresent, knowingly or not. Best you take a few grains of salt with the StatsNZ's participation rate chart. Definitions & parameters have 'evolved' significantly over the last 20 years.

tim23
31-01-2023, 08:16 PM
Oh you cheeky monkey dobby41. I see what you did there! Funny how, if someone made an appearance-based comment on the lately departed Dear Leader, they were misogynist, but Luxon's shiny head is fair game. I personally don't have a problem with it as long as it's lighthearted, but not so our Labourites when it targets St Cindy.

The only comment I can recall ever been made about Luxons appearance and you don’t like it - I’m sure it was made to get a reaction and it worked. Glass houses and stones.

tim23
31-01-2023, 08:20 PM

It was a Poll as far as I’m aware in fact there were 2 of them and neither result suited you. Maybe it was rigged like some hopeful Tory has already posted😀

jonu
31-01-2023, 08:32 PM
The only comment I can recall ever been made about Luxons appearance and you don’t like it - I’m sure it was made to get a reaction and it worked. Glass houses and stones.

I didn't say I didn't like it. In fact I said the opposite. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy. It got a reaction, but only from someone whose comprehension skills apparently don't amount to much.

tim23
31-01-2023, 08:37 PM
I didn't say I didn't like it. In fact I said the opposite. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy. It got a reaction, but only from someone whose comprehension skills apparently don't amount to much.

I suggest your reaction suggested you didn’t like it - most reasonable readers would have a similar interpretation as me.

Baa_Baa
31-01-2023, 08:51 PM
I suggest your reaction suggested you didn’t like it - most reasonable readers would have a similar interpretation as me.

Not really, you are obviously completely biased, not open to any other views, and prone to soundbites which are mostly pointed towards personally criticising other posters rather than the subject of their posts. For those reasons you are best imo, to be ignored.

tim23
31-01-2023, 09:00 PM
Not really, you are obviously completely biased, not open to any other views, and prone to soundbites which are mostly pointed towards personally criticising other posters rather than the subject of their posts. For those reasons you are best imo, to be ignored.
You probably need to read more of Jonus other posts - on 2nd thoughts I wouldn’t recommend that.😀

jonu
31-01-2023, 09:04 PM
You probably need to read more of Jonus other posts - on 2nd thoughts I wouldn’t recommend that.��

You should try reading them too tim23.

Baa_Baa
31-01-2023, 09:18 PM
You should try reading them too tim23.

He does read them Jonu, I'm pretty sure of that, but it doesn't resister with him. He's triggered by simple things like 'Cindy' and other derogatory terms for the ex-PM (leader love bias, even after she's gone-burger and left them in the sh!te). The result is one-sentence soundbites that attack the poster rather than the subject. It's typical of immature participants in online discussion, they get angry and upset with the poster and struggle to refute the argument because of the red mist in their eyes, angry and upset by what is being said about their idols.

nztx
31-01-2023, 10:44 PM
So from the changes in the front bench - Little deposed of anything Health..

No great loss there .. anything would be an improvement on the tone deaf and consistent
they're managing, when all other reports suggested otherwise ..

How many portfolios is that that Little has either sleepwalked through or screwed up
to one degree or another, starting one would image with Piker's River Excuse for feel good
and best side of a $100m or more tipped down a hole ? ;)

Did they ever find out why the Mining Inspectors were nowhere to be seen ? :)

5 Waters flopsie master Mahuta gets the rug pulled out from under her and reduced
to a lower chair height .. probably not before time. The less everyone sees of her
and few would be in slightest worried or bothered after recent Legislation charades
and tone deaf to interests of most of the country..

Let's see when Hipkins is prepared to rip the rug out from under 5 Waters altogether
if getting past near the end of the year is an issue..

And we have the twit who was Minister of Potholes being made new Minister for Auckland..

That should make all Aucklanders real happy - road to Zero effective recovery from the Labour mob
while inflation and rising costs lurk in the murky waters among the flood ravaged potholes
and wash outs, as everyone up Auckland way struggles to keep their heads above water ;)

Who knows Wood's Auckland new crew might all take off early for the day at 10.00 am if Waka No Paddle
is any indication of the sort of ship he runs & oversees when the sh*t looks like it's all about to hit the fan ;)

Panda-NZ-
01-02-2023, 04:01 AM
He does read them Jonu, I'm pretty sure of that, but it doesn't resister with him. He's triggered by simple things like 'Cindy' and other derogatory terms for the ex-PM (leader love bias, even after she's gone-burger and left them in the sh!te). The result is one-sentence soundbites that attack the poster rather than the subject. It's typical of immature participants in online discussion, they get angry and upset with the poster and struggle to refute the argument because of the red mist in their eyes, angry and upset by what is being said about their idols.

The subject is misogyny and the double standard with women leaders.

The current opposition leader could more easily be made into a caricature but isn't for some reason.

iceman
01-02-2023, 06:26 AM

The current opposition leader could more easily be made into a caricature but isn't for some reason.

You seem fixated on the Leader of the Opposition and unable to post without derogatory personal comments. Lift your game.

blackcap
01-02-2023, 08:30 AM

Misogyny.. haha really. I dislike Cinders with an intense dislike. But its not misogyny that is to blame. It is her policies that caused so much havoc.

I also disliked Jong Kee. That Misogyny as well?

On the new cabinet..WTF is a minister for Auckland? Isn't that geographical discrimination? Where is the minister for Invercargill?

fungus pudding
01-02-2023, 08:52 AM
Misogyny.. haha really. I dislike Cinders with an intense dislike. But its not misogyny that is to blame. It is her policies that caused so much havoc.

I also disliked Jong Kee. That Misogyny as well?

On the new cabinet..WTF is a minister for Auckland? Isn't that geographical discrimination? Where is the minister for Invercargill?

Probably in Auckland.

winner69
01-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Government doing well

250,000 more people in work since Labour came to office (from 2.605m to 2.855m)

average weekly wage up a record 8.6% in the past year, higher than inflation.

Employment rate remains at a record high, 69.3%.

jonu
01-02-2023, 01:34 PM
Man in Oratia with a failing dam can't get sense out of Civil Defence.

Paul Mitchell, who has lived in Oratia for 40 years, has never seen the dam on his property like it is today, with water bursting through the sides.
Although the water came “right up to the top” of the dam on Friday, it was only on Wednesday that the water broke through.
Mitchell had spent the weekend trying to find a contractor to reinforce the areas that had been exposed on Friday, but to no avail.Coming into Wednesday morning, Mitchell knew things were going to get “really dangerous” so he tried to call the civil defence on Tuesday night.
“I rang the civil defence last night, only to be told the office closed at 6pm.
“I then called the Wellington number but they were closed too.”Mitchell said he then tried to call the Council - but they said they couldn’t do anything because the dam is on private land.
“I was terrified. I was so scared it was going to suddenly break and the water would flow down to the houses at the bottom of the hill, and I’d have it on my conscience.”
The council called back 10 minutes later and said they would escalate Mithcell’s concerns. They said someone may be in contact, but no one was.When he woke up this morning, Mitchell realised things “weren’t good”.
“I rang 111 this morning, and suddenly all hell broke loose.“At one stage there were about 20 people here, maybe more, holding meetings.”
For Mitchell, his biggest concern is “the way the civil defence works in these situations”.“I just hope they’re able to get the water levels down now.”

Where is the outrage from our Labourites and media?

Where are the calls for the Minister to resign?

I'm not calling for those things, but when compared to their attitude to Wayne Brown it shows them to be hypocrites and politically cynical in the extreme. Perhaps it also shows the difficulties Brown may have had getting sense out of Civil Defence on Friday night.

Getty
01-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Yes, it's increasingly looking like Labour should be left out of politics...

peetter
01-02-2023, 02:44 PM
Prime Minister Chris Hipkins has extended the Government’s fuel tax cuts and half-price public transport offerings until at least June 30 – reversing an earlier decision to end them at the end of March.

It is the first cost of living announcement Hipkins has made since become Prime Minister, promising to overhaul Labour’s programme and focus more squarely on the “bread and butter” issues affecting New Zealanders.

Half-price public transport would be permanent for about one million community service card holders, including students, from 1 July.

Hipkins said the measure was “a start” - and further cost of living measures would be at the centre of his thinking ahead of the May Budget.

Let the election bribes from taxpayer money begin...

iceman
01-02-2023, 03:31 PM

Maybe they just want to make sure the RBNZ has to continue increasing the cash rate :confused:
Now is not time for such loose fiscal policies and this should have been reigned in.

nztx
01-02-2023, 03:47 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/retail-crime-fog-cannon-scheme-coincides-with-new-police-ministers-return-to-job/YLPV5SSHINF6BLS6ZAJIKBTAOA/

Retail crime fog cannon scheme coincides with new Police Minister Stuart Nash’s return to job

More tone deaf .. this time in both ears..

Plenty of added Fog being generated in Wellington to cover the shuffling & incompetence
of the same bunch of reassigned nincompoops :)

What could possibly go wrong ? ;)

jonu
01-02-2023, 03:48 PM
Maybe they just want to make sure the RBNZ has to continue increasing the cash rate :confused:
Now is not time for such loose fiscal policies and this should have been reigned in.

Labour will sell its soul to get re-elected. Then the shenanigans will begin again. Hipkins is glossing over all the policy cracks he backed to the hilt just 2 weeks ago. He demoted Mahuta but promoted Jackson. Quite the trade off. He will have his hands full containing the Maori caucus, unless he has told them just to wait 9 months and they can have their way as they did under Ardern.

Leopards and spots.

tim23
01-02-2023, 05:20 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/retail-crime-fog-cannon-scheme-coincides-with-new-police-ministers-return-to-job/YLPV5SSHINF6BLS6ZAJIKBTAOA/

Retail crime fog cannon scheme coincides with new Police Minister Stuart Nash’s return to job

More tone deaf .. this time in both ears..

Plenty of added Fog being generated in Wellington to cover the shuffling & incompetence
of the same bunch of reassigned nincompoops :)

What could possibly go wrong ? ;)

They may be tone deaf in both ears in your opinion but it’s probably better than having excess moisture behind your ears.😀

dobby41
01-02-2023, 05:22 PM
It was a Poll as far as I’m aware in fact there were 2 of them and neither result suited you. Maybe it was rigged like some hopeful Tory has already posted��

I gather then that any policy National or Act come up with would be a bribe also?

People complain that petrol will go up - now it won't due to the tax.

By the way - how come when 25c/l of tax was removed fuel went down 25c/l but when it was going to be restored fuel was tipped to increase by 40c/l?
Was it expected that the oil companies would act in bad faith? Capitalism at work?

dobby41
01-02-2023, 05:25 PM

At one stage we had a ram raid or 2 every night and it was a crime wave out of control and the Govts fault.
Now we aren't having that - has the Govt brought it back into control?

dobby41
01-02-2023, 05:42 PM
Labour will sell its soul to get re-elected.

National will (and already are) selling themselves to the rich.
Do you think all the people who gave the party millions don't expect something in return?
They want a continuation of policies that got them rich!