PDA

View Full Version : Labour govt 2020-23

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58]

mistaTea
17-03-2024, 12:52 PM
You obviously prefer 1970s Benny Hill type humour than satirical.

You forgot to mention, ignored the looming water infrastructure crisis & sold out all NZers by selling 50% of the power companies despite an overwhelming NO in a referendum.

But yes your summary is more serious & balanced. The ponytail fixation would certainly need to feature as it's just so bizarre.

If memory serves he also did a very convincing ‘camp’ strut down a fashion show runway.

Daytr
17-03-2024, 01:10 PM
If memory serves he also did a very convincing ‘camp’ strut down a fashion show runway.

Yes I vaguely remember. Comedy gold.

nztx
17-03-2024, 08:10 PM
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/17/grant-robertson-nz-can-sustain-more-government-debt/

Grant Robertson: NZ can sustain more Government debt

Gobbo Robbo say we can take more large Hole:

Outgoing Labour MP Grant Robertson says New Zealand can — and should — sustain more Government debt than current levels for the sake of future generations.

Must be safe to dust off the shovels & spades again - someone best warn Otago that he's piked out of the digging effort :)

Was that his final BS O'Clock parting speech ? ;)

thegreatestben
19-03-2024, 08:54 AM
Petition against spending 800k of tax payer money going towards the Jacinda Ardern doco. Suspect most here would want to sign if they haven’t already.

https://www.taxpayers.org.nz/petition_stop_propaganda?utm_campaign=240314_newsl etter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=taxpayers

Balance
19-03-2024, 08:59 AM
Petition against spending 800k of tax payer money going towards the Jacinda Ardern doco. Suspect most here would want to sign if they haven’t already.

https://www.taxpayers.org.nz/petition_stop_propaganda?utm_campaign=240314_newsl etter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=taxpayers

Not at all.

I like the idea of the doco - how the most popular PM quit 2 years after promising in 2020 to ‘finish what we started!’

Enjoy : https://www.tiktok.com/@mycooltiktok1/video/7342398029976112386?_r=1&_t=8kmsom7xpkA

causecelebre
19-03-2024, 10:29 AM
The docco is going to concentrate on misinformation and how Adern was perceived in social media after the gloss wore off and became a victim

Panda-NZ-
19-03-2024, 10:31 AM

Yes an absolute waste shut it down, pronto!

Balance
19-03-2024, 10:35 AM
The docco is going to concentrate on misinformation and how Adern was perceived in social media after the gloss wore off and became a victim

Will still highlight though just what a spin artist and non-deliverer she was imo for anyone from overseas who only ever saw the PR & misinformation pumped out by her machinery.

Balance
19-03-2024, 10:47 AM
The hypocrisy of Hipkins is beyond repugnant -he must have suffered brain damage too after being soundly rejected by NZers in the election?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2024/03/chris-hipkins-calls-govt-dictatorship-for-ramming-through-law-changes-advice-shows-it-could-breach-international-obligations.html

"Labour leader Chris Hipkins has gone out on a limb accusing the Coalition Government of being a dictatorship for using urgency to push through legislation."

This was Hipkins using urgency to ram through bills while in government :

"Hon CHRIS HIPKINS (Leader of the House):

I move, That urgency be accorded the committee stage of the Water Services Entities Bill;

the passing through all stages of the Residential Tenancies (Healthy Homes Standards) Amendment Bill,

the Land Transport (Clean Vehicles) Amendment Bill (No 2),

the Social Security (Accommodation Supplement) Amendment Bill, and the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Extension of Act and Reduction of Powers) Amendment Bill;

the passing through of the remaining stages of the Dairy Industry Restructuring (Fonterra Capital Restructuring) Amendment Bill,

the Climate Change Response (Extension of Penalty Transition for Forestry Activities with Low Volume Emissions Liabilities) Amendment Bill,

the Arms (Licence Holders' Applications for New Licences) Amendment Bill, and the Companies (Levies) Amendment Bill;

the first readings and referral to select committee of the Grocery Industry Competition Bill and the Fuel Industry Amendment Bill;

the introduction, first readings, and referral to select committee of the Crown Minerals Amendment Bill and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Amendment Bill;

the first reading and referral to select committee of the Legal Services Amendment Bill;

the introduction, first reading, and referral to select committee of the Accident Compensation (Access Reporting and Other Matters) Amendment Bill;

the first reading and referral to select committee of the Health and Safety at Work (Health and Safety Representatives and Committees) Amendment Bill;

the third readings of the Security Information in Proceedings Bill,

the Security Information in Proceedings (Repeals and Amendments) Bill,

the Māori Purposes Bill,

the Remuneration Authority Legislation Bill,

and the Statutes Amendment Bill;

and the passing through of the remaining stages of the Organic Products and Production Bill,

the Natural Hazards Insurance Bill, the Digital Identity Services Trust Framework Bill,

and the Civil Aviation Bill."

nztx
21-03-2024, 11:41 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/gdp-is-new-zealand-in-recession-we-find-out-today/Y32IL4XXMBH6BC66XYWGNPHGPE/

GDP: It’s official - we’re in recession

New Zealand has entered a recession, with suspicions finally confirmed today.

Gross domestic product (GDP) fell 0.1 per cent in the December 2023 quarter, compared with the September quarter.

Economists traditionally define a recession as two successive quarters in which the economy contracts.

GDP per capita fell 0.7 per cent in the last three months of the year, Stats NZ said today.

And real gross national disposable income fell 1.4 per cent.

The economy shrank despite record migration levels and population growth.

Confirmation of Carnage courtesy of the last 6 Years of the clueless Labour Wreckers & Smashers ;)

Seem to have an uncanny knack of putting things in the ditch each & every time ;)

Panda-NZ-
21-03-2024, 11:50 AM
Tax cuts are of course the right policy in these times..hike up those interest rates RBNZ!

Then there's the public service job cuts.

It's also important to scrap infrastructure funding.

mistaTea
21-03-2024, 03:27 PM
Ouch. Hipkins the one left needing to eat sh1t.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-regrets-labour-promising-undeliverable-auckland-light-rail-and-kiwibuild-in-2017/VB5UQMWP45FOXIEKBRUCYYP66U/

Balance
21-03-2024, 04:19 PM
Ouch. Hipkins the one left needing to eat sh1t.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/chris-hipkins-regrets-labour-promising-undeliverable-auckland-light-rail-and-kiwibuild-in-2017/VB5UQMWP45FOXIEKBRUCYYP66U/

So WTF did he continue to allow Light Rail to chalk up the $228m spent on light rail for nothing?

Not a single track laid after 6 years!

Hapless Hipkins has just blown all of his (and Ardern’s & Labour’s) credibility (or what’s left) into the wharepuku.

jonu
21-03-2024, 05:04 PM
Ardern rewriting history already to preserve what she thinks should be her legacy. The most divisive fear mongering PM we have ever had and she decries the politics of fear and division! This is the PM who smugly acknowledged she had created 2 classes of citizen. We saw through you Cindy! And we still do!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/former-prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-attacks-politics-of-fear-makes-veiled-criticism-of-nz-first-leader-winston-peters/PKP2WIF6FFB2XMZZVWL5IO6UTE/

Balance
21-03-2024, 05:56 PM
Ardern rewriting history already to preserve what she thinks should be her legacy. The most divisive fear mongering PM we have ever had and she decries the politics of fear and division! This is the PM who smugly acknowledged she had created 2 classes of citizen. We saw through you Cindy! And we still do!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/former-prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-attacks-politics-of-fear-makes-veiled-criticism-of-nz-first-leader-winston-peters/PKP2WIF6FFB2XMZZVWL5IO6UTE/

Only one word left to describe Clueless Cindy - ‘witch’.

Joshuatree
21-03-2024, 07:39 PM

The greatest leader we've ever had and I can't see anyone improving on her .But the usual tall poppy sexist haters here ,nothing new,predictable and self entitled.
Family in Aus are aghast at the conspiracy nutters and divisive entitled dinosaurs here who don't know how to grow ,adapt and be inclusive or caring .Money is their God and they will defend it until they realise they can't take it with them,too late then sadly.

jonu
21-03-2024, 08:12 PM
The greatest leader we've ever had and I can't see anyone improving on her .But the usual tall poppy sexist haters here ,nothing new,predictable and self entitled.
Family in Aus are aghast at the conspiracy nutters and divisive entitled dinosaurs here who don't know how to grow ,adapt and be inclusive or caring .Money is their God and they will defend it until they realise they can't take it with them,too late then sadly.

Whoooosh! Straight over you blind head JT.

Did Ardern run a policy of fear mongering? Yes.

Did Ardern divide NZers more than ever before? Yes.

Ardern now striding about denouncing such behaviour. Yes....just not her own.

blackcap
21-03-2024, 08:13 PM

Ardern is/was a nasty bitch. End of.

mistaTea
21-03-2024, 09:14 PM

That may or may not be true…

But one thing that is a fact is that Cindy was an accidental PM.

She even rang Bill English on election night in 2017 to congratulate him. Even in her wildest dreams Winnie would never do what he did.

When I see the state of things, if I have to blame anyone - ultimately I blame Winston.

blackcap
21-03-2024, 09:16 PM
That may or may not be true…

But one thing that is a fact is that Cindy was an accidental PM.

She even rang Bill English on election night in 2017 to congratulate him. Even in her wildest dreams Winnie would never do what he did.

When I see the state of things, if I have to blame anyone - ultimately I blame Winston.

You make some good points about Winston, although I do get the feeling he curtailed the excesses of what Labour wanted to do in their first term. It was telling, once he was no longer there in the second term, that all the idiocy started.

mistaTea
21-03-2024, 09:42 PM
You make some good points about Winston, although I do get the feeling he curtailed the excesses of what Labour wanted to do in their first term. It was telling, once he was no longer there in the second term, that all the idiocy started.

Yes he was a handbrake. And it turned to sh1t once they had a majority from 2020.

But Winnie can’t escape the fact that he put them there in the first place. It’s not a great sales pitch to say you formed a govt with some crazies but it’s ok because you were a ‘handbrake’.

In his excuse about Bill confiding in Winnie of all people before negotiations had started that he was going to get rolled is just not believable. A blatant lie.

Balance
21-03-2024, 09:43 PM

Cindy Ardern and Piggy Muldoon are referred to as the most divisive PMs and leaders that NZ ever had.

Big difference between the two :

Muldoon was what he presented himself to be - pugnacious, unpleasant, confrontational, racist and aggressive. In the end, he was judged to be a failure.

Ardern is a two faced hypocrite who preached kindness, tolerance and equality but implemented divisive and failed policies by stealth, deceit and with no accountability. In the end, she quit when it became clear to her that she was a failure.

Muldoon was true to himself and he fought to the end & lost. Ardern was true only for herself and quit before she was thrown out. Most transparent government ever?

Ardern the witch is not fit to kiss Muldoon’s backside.

Panda-NZ-
21-03-2024, 09:49 PM
In his excuse about Bill confiding in Winnie of all people before negotiations had started that he was going to get rolled is just not believable. A blatant lie.

You must have missed the National party leadership bloodletting after the election.

blackcap
21-03-2024, 10:01 PM
Yes he was a handbrake. And it turned to sh1t once they had a majority from 2020.

But Winnie can’t escape the fact that he put them there in the first place. It’s not a great sales pitch to say you formed a govt with some crazies but it’s ok because you were a ‘handbrake’.

Agree with you on the last point. I think Winston just did not like Bill. End of. And so he tried in his mind to find a way to work with Labour. I remember that night quite well as I was at a function with a bunch of directors prominent in the Motor industry. The reaction was visceral.

iceman
22-03-2024, 01:41 AM

Why is your family in Aus, not back here in Jacinda’s Paradise ?

mistaTea
22-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Agree with you on the last point. I think Winston just did not like Bill. End of. And so he tried in his mind to find a way to work with Labour. I remember that night quite well as I was at a function with a bunch of directors prominent in the Motor industry. The reaction was visceral.

Not sure if he had personal beef with Bill, but if you recall someone in National (it was speculated it might have been that may God awful Paula Bennett) leaked details to the media about a pension overpayment he received.

So he just hated National’s guts and decided to screw them.

He got nailed in 2020 in part because of that and then spent 3 years drumming up a c0ck and bull story.

mistaTea
22-03-2024, 09:05 AM
You must have missed the National party leadership bloodletting after the election.

What happened after they lost the election is not evidence that Bill was going to be ousted if they won.

I think Bill lead National to a party vote of 44% or something close to that. A very impressive result and there would have been no political reason to knife him in the back if they formed a govt.

And even if I am wrong about that, the idea that Bill would confide that kind of info to Winnie of all people before they have even started negotiations is just not plausible.

Balance
22-03-2024, 09:18 AM
Grant Robertson left NZ in declining & tattered state

The Day our Worst Finance Minister Ever Leaves Parliament, NZ falls into recession & drops out of the world's top 10 highest well-being countries.

Whilst Grant Robertson was talking himself up in Parliament about his wonderful political career and how proud he was of his achievements, the result of his past six years as Finance Minister were clear for all to see. We've just fallen out of the world's top ten "happiest" countries and are in recession, practically to the day he gave his farewell speech.

Our problems are largely due to Robertson's excessive fiscal expansion, done on borrowed money, during the pandemic, which amazingly was one of the largest in the world in spite of us having the least number of cases during that time of Covid compared to others. Why did Robertson not figure that our 2020 success in keeping the virus out meant that far less government borrowing & spending was required? In 2020, for example, our tourism industry was not much affected - many people holidayed domestically instead of going overseas.

On top of one of the world's largest fiscal expansion, the Reserve Bank went mad & printed more money than virtually any other Central Bank. Those two decisions by Robertson & Orr threw NZ into the recession we are now experiencing today. By my account, we are one of only a tiny handful of nations on the planet in recession. Unbelievable. Robertson & Orr snatched economic defeat from the jaws of a Covid victory. For that, both of them should have been fired way back. Instead they remain two of the most highly paid people in the country, both on salaries between $500,000 & $1,000,000, as VC of Otago University and Governor of the RBNZ. Its pay for non-performance.

What is most unforgiveable about Grant Robertson's tenure as Finance Minister & Deputy PM is that, in the aftermath of our greatest health crisis ever brought on my Covid, he left our health system in a declining & tattered state. The only thing he needed to get right, more than any other, was to ensure our health-care was world class, because a new type of virus could obviously afflict us again at any time. But he threw always billions on everything but health-care. Clearly he deserve the title, "Worst Finance Minister Ever".

Maybe its also time our Big Media investigated the false claim made by Hipkins just a few months ago in the run-up to the election that NZ was one of the fastest growing countries, after Japan, of all. What garbage - but he was never challenged on that claim - except of course from DownToEarth Kiwi.

Professor Robert MacCulloch holds the Matthew S. Abel Chair of Macroeconomics at Auckland University. He has previously worked at the Reserve Bank, Oxford University, and the London School of Economics.

Daytr
22-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Grant Robertson left NZ in declining & tattered state

The Day our Worst Finance Minister Ever Leaves Parliament, NZ falls into recession & drops out of the world's top 10 highest well-being countries.

Whilst Grant Robertson was talking himself up in Parliament about his wonderful political career and how proud he was of his achievements, the result of his past six years as Finance Minister were clear for all to see. We've just fallen out of the world's top ten "happiest" countries and are in recession, practically to the day he gave his farewell speech.

Our problems are largely due to Robertson's excessive fiscal expansion, done on borrowed money, during the pandemic, which amazingly was one of the largest in the world in spite of us having the least number of cases during that time of Covid compared to others. Why did Robertson not figure that our 2020 success in keeping the virus out meant that far less government borrowing & spending was required? In 2020, for example, our tourism industry was not much affected - many people holidayed domestically instead of going overseas.

On top of one of the world's largest fiscal expansion, the Reserve Bank went mad & printed more money than virtually any other Central Bank. Those two decisions by Robertson & Orr threw NZ into the recession we are now experiencing today. By my account, we are one of only a tiny handful of nations on the planet in recession. Unbelievable. Robertson & Orr snatched economic defeat from the jaws of a Covid victory. For that, both of them should have been fired way back. Instead they remain two of the most highly paid people in the country, both on salaries between $500,000 & $1,000,000, as VC of Otago University and Governor of the RBNZ. Its pay for non-performance.

What is most unforgiveable about Grant Robertson's tenure as Finance Minister & Deputy PM is that, in the aftermath of our greatest health crisis ever brought on my Covid, he left our health system in a declining & tattered state. The only thing he needed to get right, more than any other, was to ensure our health-care was world class, because a new type of virus could obviously afflict us again at any time. But he threw always billions on everything but health-care. Clearly he deserve the title, "Worst Finance Minister Ever".

Maybe its also time our Big Media investigated the false claim made by Hipkins just a few months ago in the run-up to the election that NZ was one of the fastest growing countries, after Japan, of all. What garbage - but he was never challenged on that claim - except of course from DownToEarth Kiwi.

Professor Robert MacCulloch holds the Matthew S. Abel Chair of Macroeconomics at Auckland University. He has previously worked at the Reserve Bank, Oxford University, and the London School of Economics.

I would suggest Robertson comes a close 2nd worst behind Muldoon mainly due to the fact that Muldoon didn't have the impact of a pandemic to fund.

nztx
22-03-2024, 11:17 AM
I would suggest Robertson comes a close 2nd worst behind Muldoon mainly due to the fact that Muldoon didn't have the impact of a pandemic to fund.

Nothing like a Pandemic for a crisis to Bullsh*t the resident peasants ;)

Someone still appears to be at it from over in Italy today ;)

Daytr
22-03-2024, 02:08 PM
Nothing like a Pandemic for a crisis to Bullsh*t the resident peasants ;)

Someone still appears to be at it from over in Italy today ;)

Yeah because it didn't happen eh. 🙄
The world didn't shut down due to the bodies piling up in Europe & the US. 🙄

A one in a hundred year event & its Grant Robertson's fault.

As I have said before. The Labour 6 years was a game of two halves and this is represented by the huge swings in the polls in 2020 to 2023.

Just a moronic comment by you NZTX

Balance
22-03-2024, 04:50 PM
16,000 more staff added by Labour under Hapless Hipkins and Clueless Cindy at average of $105,000 salary per staff! Add on expenses like office, travel etc and it’s several billion dollars more a year.

Yet, less was achieved by them based on the crises and lack of deliveries on any number of projects and promises made by Labour.

But Hapless Hipkins thinks it’s all good - more the merrier!!

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/512423/hipkins-defends-increase-in-public-servants-on-his-watch

mistaTea
22-03-2024, 04:54 PM
16,000 more staff added by Labour under Hapless Hipkins and Clueless Cindy at average of $105,000 salary per staff! Add on expenses like office, travel etc and it’s several billion dollars more a year.

Yet, less was achieved by them based on the crises and lack of deliveries on any number of projects and promises made by Labour.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/512423/hipkins-defends-increase-in-public-servants-on-his-watch

But Hipkins says it was all good in the hood bro.

Daytr
25-03-2024, 09:50 AM
I normally find Chris Hipkins speeches a bit shrill. But this was an outstanding speech in Parliament in response to NAFTs cuts to the disability sector. I think probably because it came from the heart.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/20/punching-down-hipkins-calls-for-apology-over-pedicure-comments/

nztx
25-03-2024, 10:21 AM

16,000 of them .? .. WTF have they all been doing while they were onboard ? ;)

With all that extra talent onboard - most would have expected an exemplary smooth performance
out of Labour but instead it was an unmitigated vast shambles of never ending incompetence ;)

How many supervisers did Labour put on to watch over each Sausage roll & Sandwich distribution
goofer in Party time Labour, while all the boys & girls from Party Central rocked on as if there
was no tomorrow ? ;)

Bill Smith
27-03-2024, 02:14 PM
chipkins, this morning, compared Destinys painting of a Gisborne pedestrian crossing to the raping and abusing TVNZ have shown us that has been going on in Gloriavale.

Seems as though he has employed s lal to help him with "what's a woman" questions.

nztx
30-03-2024, 01:06 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/steve-braunias-the-secret-diary-of-lonesome-cowboy-chip/P7LTV6ITOZDVRJEYXTMGXZGE5E/

Steve Braunias: The secret diary of ... Lonesome Cowboy Chris Hipkins

Paywalled .. well done Steve ;)

Didn't see any mention that the next trick is riding backwards blindfolded counting any still following .. :)

Getty
30-03-2024, 03:39 PM
I normally find Chris Hipkins speeches a bit shrill. But this was an outstanding speech in Parliament in response to NAFTs cuts to the disability sector. I think probably because it came from the heart.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/20/punching-down-hipkins-calls-for-apology-over-pedicure-comments/

Do you mean Hippocritter is disabled?

Daytr
30-03-2024, 05:18 PM

I'll just reply so your embarrassing post remains for all to see.

1) put brain in gear.
2) then post.

mistaTea
30-03-2024, 06:29 PM

Dunno about that but I am still reeling from when I thought Hipkins came out as gay when he conceded defeat on election night.

I thought he introduced his partner : Tony!

Getty
30-03-2024, 10:04 PM
Dunno about that but I am still reeling from when I thought Hipkins came out as gay when he conceded defeat on election night.

I thought he introduced his partner : Tony!
That's congruent from a Polly that doesn't know what a woman is!

nztx
30-03-2024, 10:45 PM
I'll just reply so your embarrassing post remains for all to see.

1) put brain in gear.
2) then post.

Did it work for Labour ? or the Greens ? :)

nztx
30-03-2024, 10:51 PM
Yeah because it didn't happen eh. ��
The world didn't shut down due to the bodies piling up in Europe & the US. ��

A one in a hundred year event & its Grant Robertson's fault.

As I have said before. The Labour 6 years was a game of two halves and this is represented by the huge swings in the polls in 2020 to 2023.

Just a moronic comment by you NZTX

Fancy calling Chippie a half - obviously not even anywhere near ;)

What it does say is most of the Labour reign was courtesy of Crisis after Crisis blown up suitable dimensions
to blind all the gullable out there ;)

And what caused the swings ? Let's not see any moronic responses back - Labour's performance was of course
fairly moronic .. more so towards departure day :)

Where are most of the Labour Morons responsible for the sad clown performance parked up now ? ;)

mistaTea
31-03-2024, 06:40 AM
That's congruent from a Polly that doesn't know what a woman is!

Hahahahahahaha!

Daytr
31-03-2024, 07:16 PM
Fancy calling Chippie a half - obviously not even anywhere near ;)

What it does say is most of the Labour reign was courtesy of Crisis after Crisis blown up suitable dimensions
to blind all the gullable out there ;)

And what caused the swings ? Let's not see any moronic responses back - Labour's performance was of course
fairly moronic .. more so towards departure day :)

Where are most of the Labour Morons responsible for the sad clown performance parked up now ? ;)

Please carry on.
You are only making yourself look silly.

nztx
05-04-2024, 06:12 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/a/business/350234901/trust-company-claims-swiss-lawyers-overcharged-6m-case-wont-be-heard-nz

Trust company claims Swiss lawyers overcharged $6m, but case won’t be heard in NZ

Must be one of those naughty Offshore Trusts that probably generated Tax here & was one of those Trusts that those stupid Labour fools of the day were trying to look credible by whining & carrying on about a decade or so ago ;)

nztx
05-04-2024, 06:13 PM
Please carry on.
You are only making yourself look silly.

Sorry to make you look silly :)

Daytr
05-04-2024, 07:07 PM
Sorry to make you look silly :)

I had better banter in the schoolyard as a fove year old. No your stupid, no you are...
Is that really the best you can do?

nztx
05-04-2024, 07:43 PM
I had better banter in the schoolyard as a fove year old. No your stupid, no you are...
Is that really the best you can do?

You could always move back there to be back among those you're most accustomed to :)

nztx
05-04-2024, 11:57 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/internal-documents-show-health-ministry-chose-to-cut-134-jobs-rather-than-trim-executive-salaries/F4QZ7UQ3SNFAPNXL6NWQH3Y33U/

Internal documents show Health Ministry chose to cut 134 jobs rather than trim executive salaries

Paywallllled Premium NZH content

So all the Top Level String pullers seconded onboard during Little's Te Whata Ora Ph*k Up Empire building exercise all turn around and say "Not Us in these High Towers - We are indispensable" and decide to throw 134 bootlickers, assistants, observers, and paper shifters further down the empire out the gate like sacrificial lambs, rather than trimming their own exorbitant & extravagant Screws with Add-on Benefits ? ;)

Did the CEO's lavish Tea & Cream Bun sessions survive unnoticed & unscathed ? ;)

Now everyone gets to see the quality of the Top Health Ministry Talentpieces that Labour installed in the Empire to start learning how to operate a Nationwide Health system without creating the sort of shambles Labour managed to turn everything else they touched into ;)

Probably also goes some way to explaining why they were really NOT managing well contrary to Comrade Little's
feel-good spiels & there were so many issues / non achievements within our Hospitals & Health Sector :)

We wont delve into whether the Labour Health Comrade was being fed BS, oblivious & dreaming, or asleep to what was going on or whether the crazy Health Empire Bureaucrats were set loose without reins nor restriction and told not to bother any of the Beehive Comrades ;)

nztx
06-04-2024, 12:46 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/auckland-real-estate-agency-fails-owing-700000-blames-downturn/OF4XBKJXRVA27K6GNAI2UIYZRE/

Auckland real estate agency fails owing $700,000+, blames downturn

Poor sods - Real Estate Salespeople getting thrown out on the street unemployed & RE firms now crashing
and smashing with large debts including bucks owing to Inland Revenue, ;)

These sort of outfits always were thought to be large goldmines collecting humungous commissions with all promotionals & advertising being passed on @ Cost plus to the unfortunate Victim Vendors needing to quit their bricks & mortar yesterday.

Never would of happened under Labour - would it ?

Oh .. Hang on a moment ;)

The former Labour prescribed RE shackles are being removed / relaxed, Interest rates are up there & listings should be moving but instead now - the REA Sector is in freefall .. what's going on ?

fungus pudding
06-04-2024, 08:46 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/auckland-real-estate-agency-fails-owing-700000-blames-downturn/OF4XBKJXRVA27K6GNAI2UIYZRE/

Auckland real estate agency fails owing $700,000+, blames downturn

Poor sods - Real Estate Salespeople getting thrown out on the street unemployed & RE firms now crashing
and smashing with large debts including bucks owing to Inland Revenue, ;)

These sort of outfits always were thought to be large goldmines collecting humungous commissions with all promotionals & advertising being passed on @ Cost plus to the unfortunate Victim Vendors needing to quit their bricks & mortar yesterday.

Never would of happened under Labour - would it ?

But maybe it would have.

Panda-NZ-
08-04-2024, 06:14 PM
With the amount of consultancy work offered by Labour will we start seeing labour MPs secure roles at the big4 or other large consulting firms. You don't need to offer much to become a "partner" (see pwc controversy).

Worked for national and the banks (simon power, sir john).

Ferg
08-04-2024, 09:09 PM
With the amount of consultancy work offered by Labour will we start seeing labour MPs secure roles at the big4 or other large consulting firms.

Are you trying to get a gig as a comedian?

iceman
09-04-2024, 09:58 AM
Are you trying to get a gig as a comedian?

I think "the big 4" in Panda's mind are the biggest Universities. So he is probably right. Grant Robertson has lead the way.

mistaTea
10-04-2024, 04:05 PM
i think "the big 4" in panda's mind are the biggest universities. So he is probably right. Grant robertson has lead the way.

lollllllll!!!!

mistaTea
10-04-2024, 04:05 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-paknsave-tamatea-supermarket-staff-praised-as-baby-carrying-mums-shoplifting-attempt-foiled/L6LJXHFHSBHKJB2MOJKLVPVEEE/

Labour’s Legacy?

Christ Almighty.

Getty
13-04-2024, 06:42 PM
John Minto of 1981 Springbok tour notoriety has just been given an interview on TV1 news.

He says the protestors brought international attention to NZ in the fight against racism.

Be that as it may, where were those protestors railing against Arderns wicked regime enshrining racism in law and culture?

Balance
23-04-2024, 11:03 AM
Hapless Hipkins in perspective as Opposition leader - guess we could actually feel sorry for him except that he is a nasty character and has a personality dis-order (he thinks he is competent when he is Mr 'Spray & Walk Away').

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/04/18/labour-all-at-sea-against-govts-legislative-blitzkrieg/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Labour leader Chris Hipkins looks mostly at sea in his role as Leader of the Opposition.

The scope and speed of change is leaving much fertile ground a lively Opposition could productively exploit and cultivate. With the Greens still distracted by their own internal problems and Te Pāti Māori becoming increasingly introspective, there is an immense opportunity for Labour to fill the void. However, the embittered negativity of its current most prominent spokespeople, and the perhaps still shell-shocked silence of the rest, mean it is unlikely to be able to do so with any credibility anytime soon. Hipkins needs to lead the charge in making Labour relevant again, but so far seems to have few capable troops behind him.

nztx
23-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Hapless Hipkins in perspective as Opposition leader - guess we could actually feel sorry for him except that he is a nasty character and has a personality dis-order (he thinks he is competent when he is Mr 'Spray & Walk Away').

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/04/18/labour-all-at-sea-against-govts-legislative-blitzkrieg/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Labour leader Chris Hipkins looks mostly at sea in his role as Leader of the Opposition.

The scope and speed of change is leaving much fertile ground a lively Opposition could productively exploit and cultivate. With the Greens still distracted by their own internal problems and Te Pāti Māori becoming increasingly introspective, there is an immense opportunity for Labour to fill the void. However, the embittered negativity of its current most prominent spokespeople, and the perhaps still shell-shocked silence of the rest, mean it is unlikely to be able to do so with any credibility anytime soon. Hipkins needs to lead the charge in making Labour relevant again, but so far seems to have few capable troops behind him.

Any bets on when Labour will throw him overboard & instal a replacement ? ;)

His performance so far must be infuriating to many within Planet Labour - those with more than half a brain, that is ;)

fungus pudding
24-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Any bets on when Labour will throw him overboard & instal a replacement ? ;)

His performance so far must be infuriating to many within Planet Labour - those with more than half a brain, that is ;)

Yeah - bring back Cunliffe - eh!

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 09:16 AM
Yeah - bring back Cunliffe - eh!

The Cheshire Cat!

24-04-2024, 09:19 AM
Hard to replace him with someone better. Bad as he is, nobody looks leader material.

Panda-NZ-
24-04-2024, 10:27 AM
A women will do, makes a good contrast with the three blokes in govt.

On the other hand the greens may have that covered.

Balance
24-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Hard to replace him with someone better. Bad as he is, nobody looks leader material.

The word is that he wants out - just have to watch him on TV1 this morning. He looked lost, disinterested and desperate.

jonu
24-04-2024, 12:11 PM

That's precisely the attitude that left Ardern with an incompetent cabinet. Enough with the diversity BS. Put someone competent in the role. (that too maybe an issue for Labour atm.)

nztx
24-04-2024, 12:47 PM

Mahuta might do the trick - you reckon Panda ? :)

iceman
24-04-2024, 04:29 PM

I'm note sure we have ever had more women in more senior Ministerial position than we have now ? Add that to more Maori around the Cabinet table than ever before. The most diverse Government ever ? :p

davflaws
25-04-2024, 09:16 AM
I'm note sure we have ever had more women in more senior Ministerial position than we have now ? Add that to more Maori around the Cabinet table than ever before. The most diverse Government ever ? :p

Nat/ACT/NZF woke and inclusive? The world is clearly headed for disaster!

nztx
25-04-2024, 04:13 PM
Nat/ACT/NZF woke and inclusive? The world is clearly headed for disaster!

think we just averted one happening here in Aotearoa .. they're still confused, dizzy & seeing stars many months later :)