PDA

View Full Version : Jarden Direct Broking New Platform

Drew95
23-11-2020, 10:48 AM
“Our new online investment platform is coming. We are changing the way New Zealanders invest with our new platform - ‘Jarden Direct’. To ensure a smooth transition we will be granting clients access to the new platform in waves. We will notify you by email when it is your turn to set up your account and send for instructions at that time. And if you see a tile at the top right in fighting you to transfer to Jordan Direct then it's time to get started.”

winner69
23-11-2020, 10:54 AM
“Our new online investment platform is coming. We are changing the way New Zealanders invest with our new platform - ‘Jarden Direct’. To ensure a smooth transition we will be granting clients access to the new platform in waves. We will notify you by email when it is your turn to set up your account and send for instructions at that time. And if you see a tile at the top right in fighting you to transfer to Jordan Direct then it's time to get started.”

‘In fighting’ you to transfer

Hope system better standard

baaantom
23-11-2020, 10:55 AM
Exciting. Any new investment in online share broking platforms is positive in my view. The more competition the better!

arekaywhy
23-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Saw that, made me snort laugh

macduffy
23-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Saw that, made me snort laugh

Better transfer, otherwise…….

:ohmy:

SPC
24-11-2020, 01:55 PM
I've been forced over to this new Jarden platform and I think it's rubbish.
The previous platform was much simpler. Can't be bothered with this mess. Any other opinions ?
Thoughts on ASB?

Balance
24-11-2020, 02:04 PM

And Jordan Direct?

JoeM
24-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Is there a cellphone app with the new version?

RTM
24-11-2020, 02:10 PM
I've been forced over to this new Jarden platform and I think it's rubbish.
The previous platform was much simpler. Can't be bothered with this mess. Any other opinions ?
Thoughts on ASB?

Can you elaborate ? I haven't seen it yet. However looking forward to it as I think the current platform is rubbish.
If its not good...I to will be looking for somewhere new.

King1212
24-11-2020, 02:12 PM
upgrade to the latest version.....too flash..just like kiwisaver platform...

i think old version is simple maybe i am used to it...

suse
24-11-2020, 02:18 PM
i dont like the look of it either - I'll be sticking with the old way in until such time as I have to change. Never noticed the in fighting. God, when will people learn to have multiple people look over their websites before release. It's embarrassing.

King1212
24-11-2020, 03:36 PM
I am kind of liking it...as it has a lot of cool features such as eps projection....balance sheet .. revenue ..latest news...

Just don't like the bid n ask features...as both features not together.. so kind of hard to know the depths.....not good for trading...

King1212
24-11-2020, 03:37 PM
If any Jarden analyst here wanting more feedbacks....plz pm me...will charge a brokerage fee lol

bung5
24-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Agree .

Also:
Movements tab should have total realised return
Movements tab should allow you to export to csv
Portfolio should include option to see return including closed positions
Portfolio tab should show return on individual share holdings like the old platform

That's initial thoughts on 10min look.

Entrep
24-11-2020, 04:00 PM
Post some screenshots

Dave
24-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Edit: I couldn't get it to work at all with Firefox on Linux and had to update to the latest Firefox version for it to work at all, so my earlier post was incorrect (thought it would do more than it did.....). Now running Firefox 83.0 on Linux Mint.

Doesn't look too bad... holdings appear sorted by quantity instead of alphabetical.
Annoying having to scroll through so much now that each holding takes more screen space (the code is on one line, then the company name below etc)...maybe need to diversify less.
I'd prefer a "classic" quickview of the portfolio holdings for simple monitoring with less "noise".... doesn't seem to be such customisation options but maybe I'm missing something.,

zymwh
24-11-2020, 07:32 PM
i just setup my account and got my recovery code etc. And then for the first login I received an error message. I am very disappointed. I have emailed the error message to them and hope they can fix it for me.

Waltzing
24-11-2020, 09:04 PM
send in your requests, we made some months ago concerning data but we are to busy to check there progress as we have huge solutions of our own...

but get your requests in. we had request for a return to some earlier reports 2 years ago but nothing was ever done.

sommelier
24-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Just logged in and all I get is an error message. Tried upgrading my browser (Chrome) but no change.

King1212
24-11-2020, 09:32 PM
Only ac that has couple millions$ that works.... sorry guys

haewai
24-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Works perfectly for me; chrome on win10 and Android. Going to take some getting used to, but I like the single screen views and the autologin. Would like
- the charting tools back and
- an ability to change the default security chart timeframe from a year to something else and
- an easier way to view market announcements

metalstorm
25-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Biggest bugbear for me with the new platform is how much space each stock now occupies my Watchlist. On the previous platform, I could see them listed all in one page, with their respective changes, high, low etc. Now I have to scroll down the page because each stock takes up around a quarter of the screen.

Haven't tried zooming my page out, but I doubt I'll get all 25 stocks to show up on one page that is easy to read and see how they're all tracking.

Some of the market insight tools are handy, but from my perspective, the bright, shiny, sexy user interface isn't my cup of tea. Has a whole bunch of bells of whistles, but doesn't meet my usability requirements. Sometimes you just want the basics. Maybe I'm just old-school.

Will be staying on the old platform for as long as I can.

SPC
25-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Ditto. I've pointed this out and they have responded by saying it's a beta release and wip. The more feedback they get then the more inclined they will be to ask their customers what they really need.
I don't need anything other than what I have now that works fine on a smart phone.

Drew95
25-11-2020, 11:10 AM
Unable to log in. Anyone else getting this error message? Windows 10, tried Opera, Chrome, Edge. All the same.

{"exception":{"id":400,"type":"Bad input","message":"Your profile does not exist (auth0|5fbca5bb7907f8006f141cec) and cannot be automatically created because auto profile creation does not support your profile's identity prefix when using an oauth identity. Please contact an administrator to create your profile or use an oauth identity with one of the following prefixes: 'waad|'","title":"Validation Exception","language":{"name":"English","alternateName":"en-GB"}}}

McPussPuss
25-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Under the watch list name if you select 'today' instead of the default 'history' it condenses the list however not as compact as the old version.

If some of the layout options would persist/save as a preference that would be good as you can fiddle around enlarging charts on the quote page for example. Editing the order of the watch list does not seem to work at this stage for me.

Any one know if you can access the platform on their apps or are they only for their KS clients?

zymwh
25-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Unable to log in. Anyone else getting this error message? Windows 10, tried Opera, Chrome, Edge. All the same.

{"exception":{"id":400,"type":"Bad input","message":"Your profile does not exist (auth0|5fbca5bb7907f8006f141cec) and cannot be automatically created because auto profile creation does not support your profile's identity prefix when using an oauth identity. Please contact an administrator to create your profile or use an oauth identity with one of the following prefixes: 'waad|'","title":"Validation Exception","language":{"name":"English","alternateName":"en-GB"}}}

i got the same error last night. this is the reply i got from their helpdesk, which solved my issue.

"This will happen when the migration is not complete as the terms and conditions haven’t been applied for Jarden Direct.
Go back to directbroking.co.nz, click the tile again, confirm your identity again, login using the login they just created, then you should see the t&c's page.
Then once this step is complete it will take you through to Jarden Direct."

tomm
25-11-2020, 02:33 PM
I got this Errors.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null

MauroNZ
25-11-2020, 04:06 PM
My concern is that seems you can't setup alerts as in the old one. Anyways just the first day, surely there is a lot to learn of it.

Jay
25-11-2020, 04:10 PM
I suppose my $2.50 worth of shares is not in their high priority list of clients to switch over- I use them only to invest on behalf of my children, so infrequent and not too much funds at present :)

DNM
25-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Click the 'Edit' button in your Watchlists page, the alerts are in there.
What I can't seem to find though, is any way to change my login password should I wish to do so.

VWR
25-11-2020, 05:05 PM
I got the same error

RTM
25-11-2020, 05:22 PM
I suppose my $2.50 worth of shares is not in their high priority list of clients to switch over- I use them only to invest on behalf of my children, so infrequent and not too much funds at present :)

You might be the ideal guinea pig.....not to much to lose.
I am waiting with interest/intrepidation for my invitation.

Brain
25-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Ditto. I've pointed this out and they have responded by saying it's a beta release and wip. The more feedback they get then the more inclined they will be to ask their customers what they really need.
I don't need anything other than what I have now that works fine on a smart phone.

Thanks for that. I will wait for the gamma release or maybe the zeta release. There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. (I will never forget the windows 8 debacle )

Jantar
25-11-2020, 05:42 PM
….There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. …. I have found that the best software isn't written by software developers, but by the actual users. In most companies there are people who have learnt basic coding in all sorts of jobs unrelated to IT or software. Get those people to write the algorithms and draw up what the front end should look like, then pass it to the software developers to add the java script and sql queries etc. to end up with a winning product.

pierre
25-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Thanks for that. I will wait for the gamma release or maybe the zeta release. There is nothing that pisses me off more than spotty faced computer programmers strait out of high school that have absolutely no idea how to write simple user friendly software that meets the needs of users. (I will never forget the windows 8 debacle )

I've been a victim of major software upgrades in previous lives and I ain't going there again in a rush.

I hope DB don't have me in their sights as an early adopter 'cos I wont be accepting the invitation to update (nearly wrote "upgrade") until there are heaps of happy users on ST praising the new system for its clarity, fabulous functionality and ease of use. I suspect that is some distance away - most likely sometime in 2022!

I'm not a cynic - just a realist.

Brain
25-11-2020, 05:48 PM
I have found that the best software isn't written by software developers, but by the actual users. In most companies there are people who have learnt basic coding in all sorts of jobs unrelated to IT or software. Get those people to write the algorithms and draw up what the front end should look like, then pass it to the software developers to add the java script and sql queries etc. to end up with a winning product.

I totally agree with that Jantar

SPC
25-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Well they were polite and quick to reply to my complaints so if they are offered constructive criticism and examples of shortcomings then the quicker it will be knocked in to shape. They did request feedback. After all they'll want to keep people trading through them.
For the time being I'm sticking with the DB website because the new platform degrades my experience.

blockhead
25-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Can't get mine to work, error message or opps !

Not impressed so far obviously

"Something Went Wrong We've hit an error we didn’t expect. Sorry about that."

Brain
26-11-2020, 07:05 AM
Well they were polite and quick to reply to my complaints so if they are offered constructive criticism and examples of shortcomings then the quicker it will be knocked in to shape. They did request feedback. After all they'll want to keep people trading through them.
For the time being I'm sticking with the DB website because the new platform degrades my experience.

But this is 2020 not 1990. I expect the software guys to do their job and produce software that will amaze and astound us not half baked solutions that need to be knocked into shape.

26-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Seems to me that when we get the invite to join we just reply "No Thank You".

Mickey
26-11-2020, 09:10 AM
So, if it is a beta release then is should be run as a beta programme by getting some volunteer users to test the GUI and functionality for the purpose of providing usability feedback. They should get a selection of 'friendly' clients who are cross-platform users so that all types of operating systems and applications can be tested for compatibility. Most of this can be done in the lab but there's nothing like a bit of live environment testing as well. This is quite basic stuff to be honest. It shouldn't be rolled out to clients until it is a final production release.

RTM
26-11-2020, 09:11 AM
Seems to me that when we get the invite to join we just reply "No Thank You".

....and look for an alternative. They won’t want to support two platforms forever.

I haven’t seen it yet....but am hoping they have not tried to reinvent the wheel. There are several platforms out there already which provide what I need from an info perspective, Yahoo Finance is pretty good and very configurable, although lacking transactional ability. Google Finance was pretty decent until discontinued. They just needed to mimic one of those, effectively tapping into years of development of what users want/need.

dobby41
26-11-2020, 09:51 AM
I've been a victim of major software upgrades in previous lives and I ain't going there again in a rush.

I hope DB don't have me in their sights as an early adopter 'cos I wont be accepting the invitation to update (nearly wrote "upgrade") until there are heaps of happy users on ST praising the new system for its clarity, fabulous functionality and ease of use. I suspect that is some distance away - most likely sometime in 2022!

I'm not a cynic - just a realist.

Do you get paid to be their tester? From some of the faults people are reporting seems to be a bit early for consumer testing and should have had more testing in-house.

GR8DAY
26-11-2020, 10:30 AM
.....ive just changed over and what a frikn appalling site! After the simplicity that was Direct Broking which worked so well in every respect now we have to somehow navigate around this clumsy rubbish. Im p"#5sed of that we are yet again being put through another unnecesary change over. Thinking hard about cancelling my account entirely. NOT a gr8day.

SPC
26-11-2020, 10:52 AM
Yep that's exactly what I told them.
The more people who email feedback to them the better. I won't use it. It's hideous on a mobile device.
Did anyone asked for this ?.

peat
26-11-2020, 10:55 AM
It's hideous on a mobile device.

Yes I was away from home for a few days and they shoved it in my face on the Iphone jeez I couldnt work with it - anyway I wasnt planning on doing anything other than monitoring but was annoying.

bottomfeeder
26-11-2020, 11:15 AM
I havent heard anything yet, still using the old Direct Broking site. Maybe they are going to get rid of the kinks before they switch me over.

metalstorm
26-11-2020, 02:10 PM

I'd be very surprised if many organisations are still doing this. These days, you will have someone else who acts as a conduit between the customers/users and the developers. They will use a range of tools to elicit requirements and to finalize the design of the UI (user interface) including drawing up functioning mock-ups.

The issue I tend to encounter these days is more around people's appetite to throw in unnecessary widgets and 'cool' aesthetic designs; resulting in screens with too much information and users just get overwhelmed.

UI design should be usage-centred. Supporting users with the specific tasks they want to accomplish in the quickest and easiest way.

My 2c anyways...

stoploss
26-11-2020, 02:15 PM
I'd be very surprised if many organisations are still doing this. These days, you will have someone else who acts as a conduit between the customers/users and the developers. They will use a range of tools to elicit requirements and to finalize the design of the UI (user interface) including drawing up functioning mock-ups.

The issue I tend to encounter these days is more around people's appetite to throw in unnecessary widgets and 'cool' aesthetic designs; resulting in screens with too much information and users just get overwhelmed.

UI design should be usage-centred. Supporting users with the specific tasks they want to accomplish in the quickest and easiest way.

My 2c anyways...
Funny how companies like betfair can design an app that can take thousands off you in seconds .... but these guys ........

Ricky-bobby
26-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Yep way to busy... I just want to see all my holdings with current value and same with watch list. The table direct broker had was simple and had all I needed... 3/10

Waltzing
26-11-2020, 03:16 PM
back on the ole system the intra day chart appears to be broken..

also we notice the reporting continues to get worse.. settlements now dont have details... we liked the old ANZ reports that had the ORDER NO in the description line...

we have requested the order number ..

notice the settlements no longer even show the details ... hopeless really it just not logic.

the old ANZ format was perfect with its order no. our software turned it into journals.

blockhead
30-11-2020, 04:24 PM
Finally got onto the Jarden site, I don't like it, format of DB was much easier to see all my holdings, original cost, gain or loss, cash balance and currency variation all in the one place.

I guess they will tell me to use it for a while and I will come to like it, well maybe I will and maybe I won't but if I don't like it I will be looking at the other options

SPC
30-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Just what I concluded. Aweful. Tried it once and haven't bothered since. DB site has all I need. Can't see how this new product offers anything over DB. If people feel the same then just stay on the old site and the stats will tell it all.

Oliver Mander
30-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know where the "NZ50/ASX Market" ticker is on the new site? There is one, but does not seem to update during the day...only shows yesterday's close. Unless I am doing something completely weird...

forest
30-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Just what I concluded. Aweful. Tried it once and haven't bothered since. DB site has all I need. Can't see how this new product offers anything over DB. If people feel the same then just stay on the old site and the stats will tell it all.

That how I see it too SPC, I am very happy with the DB site as it is.
DB site works well and is easy to use on desktop as well as mobile devices.
All the information is there.

peat
30-11-2020, 08:56 PM
I'm not bagging it yet... just running in parallel but finding I'm still on the old one mostly but exploring the new one for looking at charts , info etc. until I get more comfortable with it. It may take time. I'm more into doing my stuff than evaluating a new web site.

Waltzing
01-12-2020, 11:03 AM
the reports could do with the old ANZ style... put the ORDER NO back in , and put a record number in the export and put descriptions back in the settlements... hopeless. Auditing, people Auditing. Really we are thinking of making a complaint to the FMA. In the nicest possible way of course. That other platform provides nothing much because it not really a trading platform.

littletramp
01-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know how to access the full list of ASX announcements for an individual stock via the new platform? Tried phoning but phones overloaded.

stoploss
01-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know how to access the full list of ASX announcements for an individual stock via the new platform? Tried phoning but phones overloaded.
Try, stocknessmonster.com

Ggcc
04-12-2020, 07:56 AM
This new website is going to be interesting to work through... Where the hell to find stuff. I need reprogramming and it will take time

see weed
04-12-2020, 08:12 AM
The last trade I did with DB was about 20 years ago. Have been with ASB securities for the last many years. Not too much problems over here, all going well at the moment.:)

MarineSalvage
04-12-2020, 01:27 PM
I’ve been on a few flights recently and Jarden ad is on high rotate on overhead screens... got very sick of it

Waltzing
12-12-2020, 09:35 AM
The reports over the years have not improved.

Our software used to be able to track the NZX order and settlements on the old ANZ reports.

Someone in the management of software at the brokerage has constantly reduced the information in the reports.

One solution we have had to implement is a separate software module just for this platform.

Getting some traction on improving the reporting back to where the settlements actually show the NZX order that is being settled might actual require intervention at the legal team level in order to get some traction.

One would have expected a much higher level of data transaction reporting in by 2020 not less!!!

AN XML or Jason file with properties would be a better solution to parse the data.

NZ INC please get your act together at the Data level.

At the present time we have had to write a special module to handle the very basic reports that no longer even hold an NZX order number.

Its pretty agricultural for this day and age im afraid.

KFC just like the accounting systems create NZ.. Hopeless...

Misty
11-03-2024, 04:22 PM
Jarden clients need check their "Wallet" to ensure the dividends actually go into it. Checked mine in the last few days, many thousands of dollars missing over a number of years. Staff not very helpful at all - not impressed at all. Check "Portfolio Movements" compared to the "Wallet" balance and movements to see what is missing. It must be manual entry and fails if staff don't "get around" to doing it..

Rawz
11-03-2024, 04:27 PM
Jarden clients need check their "Wallets" to ensure the dividends actually go into it. Checked mine in the last few days, many thousands of dollars missing over a number of years. Staff not very helpful at all - not impresses at all. Check "Portfolio Movements" compared to the "Wallet" balance and movements to see what is missing. It must be manual entry and fails if staff don't "get around" to doing it

Didnt know the dividends could be paid to the wallet. My goes straight into my ANZ bank a/c.

ThaiJohn
11-03-2024, 04:44 PM
I find them pretty average to deal with. I miss the easy days of dealing with Direct Broking and their site.

iceman
11-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Didnt know the dividends could be paid to the wallet. My goes straight into my ANZ bank a/c.

Same here. Have never had an issue with it !

11-03-2024, 05:17 PM
Jarden clients need check their "Wallet" to ensure the dividends actually go into it. Checked mine in the last few days, many thousands of dollars missing over a number of years. Staff not very helpful at all - not impressed at all. Check "Portfolio Movements" compared to the "Wallet" balance and movements to see what is missing. It must be manual entry and fails if staff don't "get around" to doing it..

It is up to you do follow what happens with each dividend. If it is not paid into your Jarden account when due then you should follow it up at the time. Not leave it for a couple of years.

Cabinet
11-03-2024, 08:32 PM

I didn't know either - straight into KiwiBank for me.

waikare
12-03-2024, 09:00 AM
I didn't know either - straight into KiwiBank for me.

Going by the number of people not knowing that dividends can be direct credited to their Jarden act, it would they have done poor job of promoting this.