PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Lab

Ninefingers
02-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Looking to list on NASDAQ Q2.

Info here:
https://www.rocketlabusa.com/investors

Interview with Peter Beck this morning:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018785713/rocket-lab-to-list-on-nasdaq

Very keen to get in on this one.

Sir Ten
02-03-2021, 10:05 AM
Looking to list on NASDAQ Q2.

Info here:
https://www.rocketlabusa.com/investors

Interview with Peter Beck this morning:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018785713/rocket-lab-to-list-on-nasdaq

Very keen to get in on this one.

"On March 1, 2021, Rocket Lab entered into a definitive merger agreement with Vector. The transaction reflects an implied pro forma enterprise value of $4.1 billion for Rocket Lab, representing 5.4x 2025 projected revenue of approximately $750 million"...

Ninefingers, at 5.4x 2025 projected revenue (yes, that's revenue and in 4 years from now!) you've got to believe there's a heap of growth coming and that it'll be profitable...

...who am I kidding, profits don't matter anymore... and it might end up costing you more than a finger.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210301005403/en/Rocket-Lab-an-End-to-End-Space-Company-and-Global-Leader-in-Launch-to-Become-Publicly-Traded-Through-Merger-with-Vector-Acquisition-Corporation

turnip
02-03-2021, 02:57 PM
I doubt I'll be able to get in at price that allows me to think of it as an investment, but I'll buy a small parcel anyway and think of it as a souvenir.

Sideshow Bob
03-03-2021, 08:42 AM
"On March 1, 2021, Rocket Lab entered into a definitive merger agreement with Vector. The transaction reflects an implied pro forma enterprise value of $4.1 billion for Rocket Lab, representing 5.4x 2025 projected revenue of approximately $750 million"...

Ninefingers, at 5.4x 2025 projected revenue (yes, that's revenue and in 4 years from now!) you've got to believe there's a heap of growth coming and that it'll be profitable...

...who am I kidding, profits don't matter anymore... and it might end up costing you more than a finger.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210301005403/en/Rocket-Lab-an-End-to-End-Space-Company-and-Global-Leader-in-Launch-to-Become-Publicly-Traded-Through-Merger-with-Vector-Acquisition-Corporation

I doubt I'll be able to get in at price that allows me to think of it as an investment, but I'll buy a small parcel anyway and think of it as a souvenir.

I think that it is the only thing that will come out of it......

Great for Peter Beck and shareholders - looks like they will get most of the money ($4b), with about $750m going into the company. What a payday! I saw an article on Business Desk, behind the Paywall asking where the NZX was - well seriously, not going to get anywhere near that sort of multiple on the NZX. Sure there will be enough punters to get this away.

Agree Sir Ten - it seems like profit doesn't matter, lets just do a fancy preso with scant financial information, based on numbers we pull out of the air - with multiples of revenue (not even profit)!!

Last financial info I can see via companies register is they turned over $90m, and made a small loss in 2019 (this was Rocket Lab NZ, so unsure how relates to Rocket Lab US).

Wish them all the best, but wow.....certainly not for me.

Cricketfan
03-03-2021, 12:08 PM
In terms of the numbers, profit etc, how does this compare with companies like Tesla, Uber etc when they first listed?

Sideshow Bob
03-03-2021, 01:14 PM
In terms of the numbers, profit etc, how does this compare with companies like Tesla, Uber etc when they first listed?

Has Uber made a profit yet?

I think Tesla only made its 1st profit last year after 17 years.

Not enough interest to look back and see what they promised at their listing......;)

Joshuatree
03-03-2021, 05:12 PM
US$13.41 $13.41 atm down from US$14

Vector A$cquisition Corporation (Nasdaq: VACQ)

Joshuatree
03-03-2021, 05:17 PM
Trying to post again
Its trading ,Vector Acquisition Corp Nasdaq VACQ down re 5% to re $US 13.50 atm

Snow Leopard
03-03-2021, 06:38 PM
US$13.41 $13.41 atm down from US$14

Vector A$cquisition Corporation (Nasdaq: VACQ)

"stuffed if i know wont work"

White text on a white background. It's not rocket science :D.

Sir Ten
03-03-2021, 06:42 PM

Is this a rhetorical question to make a point, or are you just outsourcing a Google search?

If the latter, you'll find you'll get better engagement if you actually bring a view. If the former, I'm not sure of the relevance of the comparison, other than they have no profit and are massively overvalued...

Baa_Baa
03-03-2021, 07:16 PM

Very funny, made my day.

I think Rocket Lab might be a good place to put a modest investment for a long hold. Really quite inspiring hearing Mr Beck's vision for the future, and he's smashed every goal so far. I like the idea of being the 'bus to the universe', the 'transport for hire' to the cosmos. Very clever, as well as totally switched on engineering and technology. Quite amazing.

RTM
04-03-2021, 10:01 AM
Anyone else on here grappling with what to do with PALANTIR ?
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/quote/PLTR?p=PLTR

Joshuatree
05-03-2021, 10:36 AM

How do you hide in the snow then;)

closed at $11.33, $11.72 after hours.

Joshuatree
05-03-2021, 10:52 AM
A teaser

Why These 4 Space Stocks Soared on Monday (https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/why-these-4-space-stocks-soared-on-monday-2021-03-01)

Joshuatree
05-03-2021, 01:38 PM
"The engines for Neutron are another hurdle, which Beck acknowledged are what take the longest to develop when building a rocket.
Rocket Lab will not be using a variation of the 3D-printed Rutherford engines that power the Electron rockets, as Beck said “there is no beefing of a Rutherford that will come remotely close” to powering Neutron."
CNBC - Rocket Lab SPAC deal supercharger for growth, adds ability launch astronauts (https://elink.clickdimensions.com/c/6/?T=Njk3MjI0NTU%3AMDItYjIxMDYxLTIzNmVjNzg0MWJhYTQzO GU4OWRiOGIwYmVkYTc4MmY3%3AbmlnZWwuc2NvdHRAY3JhaWdz aXAuY28ubno%3AY29udGFjdC1jNjY0ZTQyNDg3ODhlODExOTQy YjAwNTA1NmEzMDdmYy05YjlmMzA0YmY0OTA0MTk5YjQ5NTYxNW M5ZTZlMDU4MA%3AZmFsc2U%3AMQ%3A%3AaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY 25iYy5jb20vMjAyMS8wMy8wMS9yb2NrZXQtbGFiLWNlby1zcGF jLWRlYWwtYS1zdXBlcmNoYXJnZXItZm9yLWdyb3d0aC5odG1sP 19jbGRlZT1ibWxuWld3dWMyTnZkSFJBWTNKaGFXZHphWEF1WTI 4dWJubyUzZCZyZWNpcGllbnRpZD1jb250YWN0LWM2NjRlNDI0O Dc4OGU4MTE5NDJiMDA1MDU2YTMwN2ZjLTliOWYzMDRiZjQ5MDQ xOTliNDk1NjE1YzllNmUwNTgwJmVzaWQ9NjUzNWJkY2MtYzkxZ i00NzYwLWI1NTAtYjY0MzQwYWFmMzE0&K=tAbZ03Xda61WLl8OlZgndA)

MarineSalvage
01-04-2021, 09:34 AM
added more this morning to both my daughters holdings and mine... good long term accumulate and hold imho

MarineSalvage
01-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Have kept buying - my average cost is still just under $20 if the sp drops I'll buy more, great company mid to long term...

Ferg
03-04-2021, 04:30 PM

If you are looking for a short squeeze then don't. It's not in the same category as other meme stocks given institutions and insiders own 31% of total shares. The reason others like GME, LGND and BBBY are open for a short squeeze is because each company has insiders + institutions owning around 200% of the total shares. This is over 100% due to excessive shorting. If however, you are buying PLTR on fundamentals, I see a growing top line and a growing loss. I'm sure they will turn the loss around at some point in time but when and how much profit will be generated? The other thing is deferred revenues are shrinking which is not a good indicator for future growth. That may be a temporary blip due to COVID, but overall I'm not seeing enough to tempt me.

RTM
04-04-2021, 03:53 PM
Have kept buying - my average cost is still just under $20 if the sp drops I'll buy more, great company mid to long term...

If you are looking for a short squeeze then don't. It's not in the same category as other meme stocks given institutions and insiders own 31% of total shares. The reason others like GME, LGND and BBBY are open for a short squeeze is because each company has insiders + institutions owning around 200% of the total shares. This is over 100% due to excessive shorting. If however, you are buying PLTR on fundamentals, I see a growing top line and a growing loss. I'm sure they will turn the loss around at some point in time but when and how much profit will be generated? The other thing is deferred revenues are shrinking which is not a good indicator for future growth. That may be a temporary blip due to COVID, but overall I'm not seeing enough to tempt me.

Thanks. In the interim I sold. My buy was some years ago about US$8-9....so all good. In the end I took out some insurance to protect from the downside...expensive but worth it as it turned out. Nice gain, but took 4-5 years. Being subject to the lockup post IPO is no fun.

turnip
30-04-2021, 08:52 AM
Well I bought my Rocket Lab souvenir parcel today at $10.49. I'm not expecting much in way of financial gain, but maybe it will add a bit of interest when I am watching the launch live streams.

whatsup
08-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Looks like falling below $10-00 now, not too sure what the future financials are going forward?

Joshuatree
24-05-2021, 11:01 AM
A snippet from John Ryders global Investment letter re SPAC"S. Alot of fees ripped out

"The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance has released a paper in which the authors found that although SPACs issue shares for roughly $10 and value their shares at $10 when they merge, by the time of the merger the median SPAC holds cash of just $6.67 per share."

101nick101
22-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Currently have 500 shares, no doubt this will fall below $10 now that we've de-SPAC'ed. I'll be loading up on 500 more shares. My favourite SPAC alongside Avepoint, Lucid Motors & Hyliion.

Joshuatree
24-08-2021, 08:50 AM
Nasdaq launch Thurs 1.30am NZ.6,000 plus kiwi investors,good luck for the listing.

Fred114
24-08-2021, 01:08 PM
So purchase VACQ stock before 25 Aug and then it converts on listing of RKLB, is that right?

Joshuatree
24-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Dont know if you have enough time or not .im not a holder and dislike SPAC 's,too many snouts in the trough.

RupertBear
24-08-2021, 02:26 PM
So purchase VACQ stock before 25 Aug and then it converts on listing of RKLB, is that right?

well I hope so or I’ve stuffed up :D

Fred114
24-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Stake seem to think that that is right...
https://hellostake.com/au/blog/stake-updates/rocket-lab-how-to-buy

101nick101
25-08-2021, 12:46 PM
well I hope so or I’ve stuffed up :D

As long as you guys got VACQ and not VACQW (warrants) your shares will change ticker symbol tomorrow morning.

Max tendies for you but mostly for me

Fred114
26-08-2021, 08:41 AM
RKLB down 10%, makes my US portfolio look shabby. I should have listened to the voice of reason that reads: "dislike SPAC 's, too many snouts in the trough". Thank goodness for pie funds, people who actually know how to make money. Of course the theory is that I load up on more of RKLB at this price. Your thoughts?

Currently hold around USD10K spread among NYSE: ETN (a utility), VECCO, LSCC (obscure semiconductors) WFC, JPM, (Banks) AAPL. Tips from https://kratistoinvesting.blogspot.com/, who had nothing to say about RKLB

RupertBear
26-08-2021, 09:13 AM
RKLB down 10%, makes my US portfolio look shabby. I should have listened to the voice of reason that reads: "dislike SPAC 's, too many snouts in the trough". Thank goodness for pie funds, people who actually know how to make money. Of course the theory is that I load up on more of RKLB at this price. Your thoughts?

Currently hold around USD10K spread among NYSE: ETN (a utility), VECCO, LSCC (obscure semiconductors) WFC, JPM, (Banks) AAPL. Tips from https://kratistoinvesting.blogspot.com/, who had nothing to say about RKLB

Too soon to know which way this will go in the short term, it may keep going down. I have a small holding which I will sit on long term. In the meantime I will wait and see, not buying any more at the moment

101nick101
26-08-2021, 11:35 AM

Ah a fellow fruit enthusiast hello, Rocketlab is my largest holding with Apple being second. Happy to wait on this flower to bloom in 5-10 years as I'm relatively young. Will wait until price stabilises before I jump back in around $7-8 (if it falls that far) and then BLAM plasma everywhere.

It's a shame Peter Beck isn't more of a showman otherwise we'd already be on Tendie Mountain right now!

whatsup
01-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Can anyone point me in the direction of financials for Rocketlab, Ive seen them somewhere but cannot remember where ?

RTM
02-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Earnings announcement* for RKLB: Sep 08, 2021
Rocket Lab USA, Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 09/08/2021 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2021.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/rklb/earnings

Will be interesting.

Waltzing
04-09-2021, 08:05 AM
it was a buy last week...

hindsight.

whats the future development path.

a very interesting company.

profit may not matter as much as whats in the LAB.

RTM
04-09-2021, 08:40 AM
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/rocket-lab-expands-space-systems-203000504.html

I keep telling my son to get his resume in to them.

Joshuatree
04-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Currently have 500 shares, no doubt this will fall below $10 now that we've de-SPAC'ed. I'll be loading up on 500 more shares. My favourite SPAC alongside Avepoint, Lucid Motors & Hyliion.

$14.32 ,gravity defying :)

RupertBear
04-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Yes this has launched much quicker than I expected. Almost topped up when it was around $10.30 but didnt sadly. Will definitely top up if it drops back a bit, but hey the current price may actually be a bargain :confused: Enjoy the ride people :)

101nick101
04-09-2021, 10:22 AM
$14.32 ,gravity defying :)

I warned you tendies are to be enjoyed by all.

Fred114
04-09-2021, 11:06 AM

shooting like a rocket?

Fred114
04-09-2021, 11:07 AM
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::o hmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

artemis
04-09-2021, 12:19 PM
How long before Rocket Lab leaves the Mahia Peninsula? Some locals are unhappy and now the Green Party MP Teanau Tuiono has produced a Member's Bill to restrict the launch of military hardware from the site. Not only that but he supports the unhappy locals who say there is an impact on local birds and seafood so cultural assessments are required.

Mista_Trix
04-09-2021, 12:22 PM
****. WSB has got a hold of it.

My monies on a pump and dump, although where that starts and stops I'm not so sure. Prepare for volatility.

Joshuatree
04-09-2021, 04:37 PM

Not up with trendies?.Not a holder atp.Looks like a fun stock. Atp.

RupertBear
04-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Ok so I had to look up tendies and also WSB as The Bear is not familiar with that lingo either JT :confused:

So apparently Tendies is a term Reddits Wall Street Bets WSB use to mean financial gain on the stock market :cool:

Mista_Trix
05-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Ok so I had to look up tendies and also WSB as The Bear is not familiar with that lingo either JT :confused:

So apparently Tendies is a term Reddits Wall Street Bets WSB use to mean financial gain on the stock market :cool:

Wall Street Bets (WSB) is the Reddit forum that's been ramping and pumping stocks and leaving the latecomers holding the bag i.e. the GameStop rise(s). They can break a company and its share price for a period - as price discovery goes out the window and mania sets in. I think I'll change to an averaging-in strategy for this as I was wanting to hold for a long time, but its gunna be a mess for the SP.

krb
05-09-2021, 08:56 AM
How long before Rocket Lab leaves the Mahia Peninsula? Some locals are unhappy and now the Green Party MP Teanau Tuiono has produced a Member's Bill to restrict the launch of military hardware from the site. Not only that but he supports the unhappy locals who say there is an impact on local birds and seafood so cultural assessments are required.

no chance. No grounds at all to revoke Rocket labs resource consent.

RupertBear
05-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Wall Street Bets (WSB) is the Reddit forum that's been ramping and pumping stocks and leaving the latecomers holding the bag i.e. the GameStop rise(s). They can break a company and its share price for a period - as price discovery goes out the window and mania sets in. I think I'll change to an averaging-in strategy for this as I was wanting to hold for a long time, but its gunna be a mess for the SP.

Thanks for explaining, thats helpful to know

artemis
05-09-2021, 10:01 AM
no chance. No grounds at all to revoke Rocket labs resource consent.

Hassles and bad press on the ground, better offers elsewhere, and that Member's Bill. Company could quietly fold its tent.

101nick101
05-09-2021, 01:54 PM

The price of RKLB will be volatile for a while I would swing trade it and take profit but not comfortable on missing gains. Just an FYI this isn't a staple stock of the WSB forum like GME, AMC, $WISH, PLTR etc but it will get some pumps when some ape drops a decent DD post or when RKLB goes to the moon/mars (which will be meme'd and posted non stop).

Ferg
06-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Nice to see a couple of others here who frequent WSB. I have been following the sub for about a year and there are a lot of pumps and dumps. Hopefully RKLB won't fall into that category. On WSB you get the odd post that stands out, but a lot of what is being promoted is absolute rubbish and the standard of some "DD" is pretty low.

101nick101
07-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens when the markets open overnight

101nick101
10-09-2021, 04:51 AM
🚀🚀🚀

Interested to see what the plans of others is here are you holding and buying dips or cashing out now and re-entering when things cool off?

🚀🚀🚀

Fred114
10-09-2021, 06:11 AM
Will be interesting to see what happens when the markets open overnight

Up 30% overnight, double the gains until then. Bit of a surge today, holding.

gbogo
10-09-2021, 09:01 AM
Canaccord Genuity Initiates Coverage On Rocket Lab USA with Buy Rating, Announces Price Target of $30 (NY open)

RupertBear
10-09-2021, 10:10 AM
BOOM! Couldnt believe my eyes this morning! My holding is up 86% :eek2: Not selling, barring an unexpected event this is a long term hold for me and I will top up on any dips. Enjoy the ride people!

turnip
10-09-2021, 07:13 PM
I will hold what I have long term, but not interested in buying more. I thought it was high risk at $10.

RupertBear
10-09-2021, 08:18 PM
Yes I agree Turnip it is a very high risk investment. I suspect it will take a big dive back in the not to distant future, which might even be tonight. Who knows. I do know I got a bit excited with myself today and wished I had more. I think its called exuberant greed :p so I will sit back and watch for a while and try and curb my impulsive tendency ;)

TheJudge
23-09-2021, 03:32 PM
If you are prepared to hold for 10 years then go for it. If you want a quick return, then head to the Casino or follow the horses. Check out: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/lunch-money-peter-beck.

gbogo
23-09-2021, 03:42 PM
https://youtu.be/hW_df95t1jc

Direct link above. He said they went public so they could more easily do acquisitions. I still like the story.

Waltzing
18-10-2021, 01:24 PM
"head to the Casino or follow the horses. "

Aristo AUS making a play for a UK on line market. PlayTech.

ASX:ALL

TeslaGod
19-10-2021, 06:45 AM
Typo......

RupertBear
19-10-2021, 09:09 AM
Hmm The Bear is in the red now :mellow: hmmm wonder when to top up :confused: long term hold for me so expecting a roller coaster ride….to the Moon :cool:

gbogo
16-11-2021, 08:15 AM
results out in 45 mins / 10am NZ I believe

partya
06-01-2022, 07:58 AM
Big drop overnight, now trading just over IPO price.....

Still launching rockets and one of a very select few to be doing so, are investors bored???

RupertBear
06-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Yes OUCH! In the red now. Hmm whether to top up or not is the question! :confused:

partya
06-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Long term hold for me, so accumulation at this point.

Great company, quite an exciting story to follow!

GTM 3442
11-01-2022, 11:06 AM
Isn't it funny how buying at USD11.88 can switch USD12.00 from support to resistance. . .

partya
25-01-2022, 12:08 PM
Trading at $8.70, a 57% decrease from peak and well below IPO.

The market is strange, a good time to be buying?

RupertBear
25-01-2022, 12:27 PM
Trading at $8.70, a 57% decrease from peak and well below IPO.

The market is strange, a good time to be buying?

I am well in the red with this one now, and while it is tempting to buy a few at these levels I did that at $9.60 thinking that was a bargain…. Hmmm so its probably best to wait until the trend changes, although buying as a long term hold may prove worthwhile but who would know :confused:

RupertBear
25-02-2022, 10:45 AM
Up 16% last night :eek2: was expecting it would go down

fiasco
25-02-2022, 01:28 PM
I had to restart the app this morning.

Nice update on the new contract. Looking forward to coming back in 5 years to see how they have progressed!

RupertBear
09-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Not doing so well our Rocket Lab, seems to be heading back to earth and not racing to the moon :mellow: Darn

turnip
09-04-2022, 01:05 PM
At least it will be fun to watch them try their first Electron recovery, I hope we get live pictures:
https://www.rocketlabusa.com/updates/rocket-lab-to-attempt-first-mid-air-helicopter-capture-of-the-electron-rocket-during-next-mission/

RupertBear
07-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Geepers down to $6.50 USD. Ouch.

Hmmm still think it has a lot of potential to do very very well. Tempting to top up at these levels but it may keep on going down to who knows what level. Best wait and watch I guess.

anyone else still holding?

partya
07-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Yes indeed, after another successful launch and also catching the rocket booster (though the pilot had to drop it after it showed unpredicted behaviour....).

I am still accumulating, though am down about 22% after dca. This company is a real NZ success story, even with what they have done so far. Their future plans will take it to the next level if they are successful in carrying them out. It's a pity the share price has had a rough ride, fwiw I will keep buying!

RupertBear
07-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Good to hear you are on board partya and buying :)

partya
10-05-2022, 01:08 PM
Down to $5.78, it makes you wonder what forces are at play here.....

A lot of positive publicity overseas, plus new announcements of signed launch deals.

'Be greedy when others are fearful' and all that!

RupertBear
10-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Yes I am pondering whether to top up…..I agree they appear to be doing very well….but the market appears to think otherwise…..hmmmm tempting thats for sure….but I thought that @ $8 :mellow:

RupertBear
17-05-2022, 11:16 AM
Interesting read, some very positive things happening. This encourages me to top up

Paywalled

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/rocket-lab-widens-loss-but-pipeline-thickens-to-us551m/AAYUKTSBLOBNSNKTX46OINBD6I/

Baa_Baa
17-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Interesting read, some very positive things happening. This encourages me to top up

Paywalled

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/rocket-lab-widens-loss-but-pipeline-thickens-to-us551m/AAYUKTSBLOBNSNKTX46OINBD6I/

When do you think it would be a good time to top up? The SP is 45% down on IPO and 75% down on ATH, but there's no TA signals that suggest a change in the current downtrend.

;)

RupertBear
17-05-2022, 02:38 PM
When do you think it would be a good time to top up? The SP is 45% down on IPO and 75% down on ATH, but there's no TA signals that suggest a change in the current downtrend.

;)

Ahhhhhh very good point Baa_Baa!! The time is not right to top up just now! :D

partya
18-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Yes, some interesting news after the Q1 22 announcement. Much the same as the Herald article -

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rocket-lab-announces-first-quarter-201500290.html

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220516005964/en/Rocket-Lab-Begins-Payload-Integration-for-CAPSTONE-Mission-to-the-Moon

The Capstone mission is quite exciting! Launching in around a fortnight.....

RupertBear
19-05-2022, 09:02 AM
Down 15% last night to $4.70! :scared: Holly heck

flyer
19-05-2022, 09:19 AM
Down 15% last night to $4.70! :scared: Holly heck

yeah, was more to do with the market being down overall rather than the stock itself, surely a BUY or TOP UP at that level.

RupertBear
19-05-2022, 10:06 AM
yeah, was more to do with the market being down overall rather than the stock itself, surely a BUY or TOP UP at that level.

Yes huge potential IMO but as Baa Baa pointed out it is in a stinker downtrend so who knows how much further it will fall. The new less impulsive me is waiting and watching at the moment. Well thats the plan! :D

partya
19-05-2022, 07:07 PM
An interesting comparison -

SpaceX (a privately held company) is reported to have a value of $100 - $125 billion US dollars.

SpaceX and Rocket Lab are considered to be the two most successful non-government owned/funded aerospace companies, by virtue of successfully launching multiple vehicles into LEO or beyond.

Rocket Lab is currently valued at just over $2 billion US dollars.

While Rocket Lab is not as advanced as SpaceX, one could presume there should be some long term gain on the Rocket Lab share price?

Disc : Fanboy and holder!

nztx
26-05-2022, 06:47 AM
Geeze - Four dollar 56 currently - I remember when these things were 12-14 bucks

Joshuatree
26-05-2022, 09:56 AM
"The engines for Neutron are another hurdle, which Beck acknowledged are what take the longest to develop when building a rocket.
Rocket Lab will not be using a variation of the 3D-printed Rutherford engines that power the Electron rockets, as Beck said “there is no beefing of a Rutherford that will come remotely close” to powering Neutron."
CNBC - Rocket Lab SPAC deal supercharger for growth, adds ability launch astronauts (https://elink.clickdimensions.com/c/6/?T=Njk3MjI0NTU%3AMDItYjIxMDYxLTIzNmVjNzg0MWJhYTQzO GU4OWRiOGIwYmVkYTc4MmY3%3AbmlnZWwuc2NvdHRAY3JhaWdz aXAuY28ubno%3AY29udGFjdC1jNjY0ZTQyNDg3ODhlODExOTQy YjAwNTA1NmEzMDdmYy05YjlmMzA0YmY0OTA0MTk5YjQ5NTYxNW M5ZTZlMDU4MA%3AZmFsc2U%3AMQ%3A%3AaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY 25iYy5jb20vMjAyMS8wMy8wMS9yb2NrZXQtbGFiLWNlby1zcGF jLWRlYWwtYS1zdXBlcmNoYXJnZXItZm9yLWdyb3d0aC5odG1sP 19jbGRlZT1ibWxuWld3dWMyTnZkSFJBWTNKaGFXZHphWEF1WTI 4dWJubyUzZCZyZWNpcGllbnRpZD1jb250YWN0LWM2NjRlNDI0O Dc4OGU4MTE5NDJiMDA1MDU2YTMwN2ZjLTliOWYzMDRiZjQ5MDQ xOTliNDk1NjE1YzllNmUwNTgwJmVzaWQ9NjUzNWJkY2MtYzkxZ i00NzYwLWI1NTAtYjY0MzQwYWFmMzE0&K=tAbZ03Xda61WLl8OlZgndA)

How's the Rocket build going?

partya
08-06-2022, 03:30 PM
Capstone mission due to launch next week - https://www.rocketlabusa.com/missions/next-mission/

Will be a big milestone if it is successful. Though working on other successful launches, the share price is likely to go down, haha.

flyer
14-06-2022, 06:44 PM
Got some more this morning at $3.96, surely it wont be down in the 3's again?

partya
15-06-2022, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised.......

Lots of trading in the low $4 region today.

The Capstone mission launch window opens on the 25th, will be interesting. Mahia to the moon!

Baa_Baa
15-06-2022, 09:16 PM
Learn some TA, read the charts, it tells you about market sentiment. Would you like me to post some stats on buying this blindly, in the face of market sentiment killing this IPO and stock? Its time will come but it is not right now. The patient will reap reap the future, but that's not right now either, the chart tells you that.

RupertBear
17-06-2022, 10:27 AM
Learn some TA, read the charts, it tells you about market sentiment. Would you like me to post some stats on buying this blindly, in the face of market sentiment killing this IPO and stock? Its time will come but it is not right now. The patient will reap reap the future, but that's not right now either, the chart tells you that.

Sage advice thanks Baa Baa :)

partya
17-06-2022, 11:05 AM

Sure, that would be interesting and appreciated, thanks.

Technical analysis is something I haven't had much time to learn about, but it's obviously quite handy.

Cheers

RupertBear
28-06-2022, 09:12 PM
Just been watching Rocket Labs Capstone Launch to the Moon! WOW soo far so good and soo cool to watch it gave the Bear prickly skin :eek2: Hard to believe this rocket was launched from our own wee part of the world, good old NZ!! Now its time for the share price to rocket to the Moon as well!! :D

Joshuatree
28-06-2022, 09:43 PM
Just been watching Rocket Labs Capstone Launch to the Moon! WOW soo far so good and soo cool to watch it gave the Bear prickly skin :eek2: Hard to believe this rocket was launched from our own wee part of the world, good old NZ!! Now its time for the share price to rocket to the Moon as well!! :D

I'm waiting for the first Neutron launch failure before I even consider placing a bet on this flighty cold blood horse.

RupertBear
28-06-2022, 10:33 PM
I'm waiting for the first Neutron launch failure before I even consider placing a bet on this flighty cold blood horse.

Does that mean you are not part of the Rocket Lab fan club? :D

I have to declare I have a personal interest in Rocket Lab. I grew up with Peter Beck. His Dad Russel was my Dads best friend. So I know Peter and I have the greatest respect for what he has achieved so far. I believe Rocket Lab will be very successful but hey I may be wrong and they crash and burn. Time will tell. Happy holder in the meantime :)

whatsup
29-06-2022, 09:16 AM

I have to declare I have a personal interest in Rocket Lab. I grew up with Peter Beck. His Dad Russel was my Dads best friend. So I know Peter and I have the greatest respect for what he has achieved so far. I believe Rocket Lab will be very successful but hey I may be wrong and they crash and burn. Time will tell. Happy holder in the meantime :)

Rupert, Well done, a couple of years ago I was told that the two best N Z companies to work for were Rocket Lab and Zero.

sb9
29-06-2022, 10:28 AM

Under my radar currently, just a quick question, what trading platform is the best for buying US or international stocks for that matter.

RupertBear
29-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Under my radar currently, just a quick question, what trading platform is the best for buying US or international stocks for that matter.

Well I use Hatch and find it very straight forward to use :)

sb9
29-06-2022, 10:37 AM
Well I use Hatch and find it very straight forward to use :)

Thanks, will check it out.

Joshuatree
29-06-2022, 11:02 AM

It's nowhere near investment grade atp imo but it's right up there with the horses,a gamble.They have to build a complete new engine and rocket to move up the scale.Often first all new launches fail.If they perfect it near on first time,well yeah ,it's to the moon.Youve prob done alot more research then i. To me you have to seriously be prepared to lose your dough on this one,as much as I as a kiwi hope it's a fantastic success.Goodluck.

partya
29-06-2022, 01:26 PM
The Capstone launch was a great success, the first of many partnerships with NASA let's hope.

Even though you couldn't see much, it was very exciting to watch the launch coverage.

As I predicted (purely going on past launches), the share price has fallen after this successful launch. Markets are often illogical!

Also a happy holder and will keep accumulating in small volumes.

nztx
29-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Toe in the water .. watching here :)

RupertBear
30-06-2022, 03:19 PM
Latest launch the other day is worth a watch

https://youtu.be/hnm3LbDIFZs

nztx
30-06-2022, 03:31 PM
Meanwhile the SP has dived down to explore where the spent fuel module was jettisoned in the past 24-36 hours :)

Now .. whether to average down .. or not :)

RTM
30-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Latest launch the other day is worth a watch

https://youtu.be/hnm3LbDIFZs

Sure is. Thanks for posting.

RupertBear
30-06-2022, 04:40 PM
Meanwhile the SP has dived down to explore where the spent fuel module was jettisoned in the past 24-36 hours :)

Now .. whether to average down .. or not :)

Is it cheap now :confused: or will it get even cheaper :confused:

As Baa Baa pointed out the chart is a stinker, my word not his! :D And best to wait for the tide to turn before investing more $$

So I am sitting on my hands watching ;)

nztx
01-07-2022, 03:55 PM
What could possibly go wrong with NASA payrolling the job ? Possibly off the watchlist of
US Big Bucks investors .. but for how long, if things start to get a bit noisier ? :)

I remember when these were north of $10 or $12 some months back

Note to self: consider averaging down the few held again :)

RupertBear
01-07-2022, 05:45 PM
What could possibly go wrong with NASA payrolling the job ? Possibly off the watchlist of
US Big Bucks investors .. but for how long, if things start to get a bit noisier ? :)

I remember when these were north of $10 or $12 some months back

Note to self: consider averaging down the few held again :)

Yes I agree their contracts with NASA give me confidence they wont go belly up any time soon. Their last launch was epic so they are certainly delivering the goods on the deal.

Pretty impressive that a wee chap from Invercargill is making his dreams come true!

Topping up at the current share price is certainly tempting. As you said once the big boys decide to jump on board BOOM off to the Moon we go! :D

Baa_Baa
01-07-2022, 06:24 PM
Topping up at the current share price is certainly tempting.

Apologies, I didn't mean to offend you or others. Post deleted.

Joshuatree
01-07-2022, 06:35 PM
Yes I agree their contracts with NASA give me confidence they wont go belly up any time soon. Their last launch was epic so they are certainly delivering the goods on the deal.

Pretty impressive that a wee chap from Invercargill is making his dreams come true!

Topping up at the current share price is certainly tempting. As you said once the big boys decide to jump on board BOOM off to the Moon we go! :D

Um ,maybe workout how much revenue they make from this flight will bring you back to reality Buzz.Mind you reality,what a concept when you've got rockets,flash Gordon,Spock and beyond ehh,we all want to be high,without losing our hard earned dough,but I've got a feeling yours wasn't hard earned.

RupertBear
01-07-2022, 07:05 PM
Um ,maybe workout how much revenue they make from this flight will bring you back to reality Buzz.Mind you reality,what a concept when you've got rockets,flash Gordon,Spock and beyond ehh,we all want to be high,without losing our hard earned dough,but I've got a feeling yours wasn't hard earned.

:scared: WOW! Where did that nasty comment come from? Not that its any of your business but I worked my arse off until a brain tumour wrecked my career so every cent I have was hard earned and all I have

RupertBear
01-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Emotional attachment is concerning, especially when the chart is screaming at you. :t_down:;)

Geez it must be pick on the Bear day :mellow:

RupertBear
01-07-2022, 07:09 PM
Think I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on

justakiwi
01-07-2022, 07:29 PM
Maybe don't make judgments about people you don't know buddy. You just made a right dick of yourself with this comment :mad ;:

I hope you feel like ****.

Baa_Baa
01-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Geez it must be pick on the Bear day :mellow:

Not intended that way, Josh got a bad rep from me for his/her/its arse post. Mine was just a reminder, I'll do it on PM in future. Keep posting, it was nice to hear about your association. Just trying to say, believe the chart, it will tell you when the uptrend returns. All the best. BAA

Baa_Baa
01-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Maybe don't make judgments about people you don't know buddy. You just made a right dick of yourself with this comment :mad ;:

I hope you feel like ****.

That was definitely rude and uncalled for, "we all want to be high", perhaps says a lot about the poster. Bad rep from me.

Ricky-bobby
02-07-2022, 07:47 AM
He thinks he’s the big man around here… iv been on the receiving end of his alc induced ramblings. just ignore mate.

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 07:37 AM
:scared: WOW! Where did that nasty comment come from? Not that its any of your business but I worked my arse off until a brain tumour wrecked my career so every cent I have was hard earned and all I have

Even more important to invest your hard earned wisely Rupert.Thats all I'm trying to say.I don't believe Rocketlab is anywhere near investment grade atpit.It has to prove itself and start making a profit I know it's an exciting,leading edge, kiwi Starship enterprise sorta thing that we want to do well,and maybe it will but I would only throw a little into it if I had excess cash and income that I was really prepared to lose, at this stage of Rocketlabs evolution..

One needs to be hard-nosed and to remove emotion from investing and look at the figures and facts.I thought you were being a little naive and am not attacking you,apologies if you took it that way.I have learnt the hard way to manage risk in investing.

justakiwi
04-07-2022, 07:43 AM
Call that an apology? None of what you said below is relevant. All you needed to do was apologise for your smart arse comment that RupertBear’s money was not hard earned. Your lack of compassion and remorse is embarrassing. You are a disappointment.

Even more important to invest your hard earned wisely Rupert.Thats all I'm trying to say.I don't believe Rocketlab is anywhere near investment grade atpit.It has to prove itself and start making a profit I know it's an exciting,leading edge, kiwi Starship enterprise sorta thing that we want to do well,and maybe it will but I would only throw a little into it if I had excess cash and income that I was really prepared to lose, at this stage of Rocketlabs evolution..

One needs to be hard-nosed and to remove emotion from investing and look at the figures and facts.I thought you were being a little naive and am not attacking you,apologies if you took it that way.I have learnt the hard way to manage risk in investing.

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 02:10 PM
That was definitely rude and uncalled for, "we all want to be high", perhaps says a lot about the poster. Bad rep from me.

Thanks matekeep it up:).Its on the record that for many years Ive held people to account the rampers the influencers etc.Likewise people who are newbies or vulnerable to being influenced.There are folks on here who brutally pump something ,sell while suckers are buying and move on to next one without a thought.In this case over a few posts I was telling Rupert about imo how risky this play is imo .I know people who have lost a motza atpit quite sad.

Yet again ,I hope Rocketlab makes it ,long-term .Managing risk a very important too to have as well as charting (care to inform Rupert and do some good?) and research. Bad things happen when good people don't stand up. I'm giving you a positive rep for at least doing something,kneejerk passive aggressive as it is. The day H/C removed the negative rep function improved the site no end .

justakiwi
04-07-2022, 02:20 PM
Read the bolded sentence in my post above. The apology you owe RupertBear is nothing to do with your ramble below. You know exactly what you should be apologising for. Just man up and do it, and stop with the posturing.

Thanks matekeep it up:).Its on the record that for many years Ive held people to account the rampers the influencers etc.Likewise people who are newbies or vulnerable to being influenced.There are folks on here who brutally pump something ,sell while suckers are buying and move on to next one without a thought.In this case over a few posts I was telling Rupert about imo how risky this play is imo .I know people who have lost a motza atpit quite sad.

Yet again ,I hope Rocketlab makes it ,long-term .Managing risk a very important too to have as well as charting (care to inform Rupert and do some good?) and research. Bad things happen when good people don't stand up. I'm giving you a positive rep for at least doing something,kneejerk passive aggressive as it is. The day H/C removed the negative rep function improved the site no end .

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Read the bolded sentence in my post above. The apology you owe RupertBear is nothing to do with your ramble below. You know exactly what you should be apologising for. Just man up and do it, and stop with the posturing.

I'm going to give you a positive rep too,for all the wrong reasons:) What a volcano.

justakiwi
04-07-2022, 03:46 PM
I don't or want your positive rep vote. Yep, damned right. You treat a friend with disrespect, you can expect me to call you out. Not going to apologise for that. But no worries, you have made it clear you have no conscience, and are a mouse not a man. No surprises there.

P.S. Your rep vote comment speaks volumes and isn't worthy of a response. You are now back on ignore.

I'm going to give you a positive rep too,for all the wrong reasons:) What a volcano.

RupertBear
04-07-2022, 04:56 PM

I have no issue with you telling me that, in your opinion, RKL is a risky investment. What I do have an issue with is you making a judgment call about me that my money was not hard earned. That was out of line and uncalled for and a number of people have rightly called you out on that.

For your information I received a personal apology from Baa Baa on Friday night regarding his post. He also deleted his post. Respect to him for that. I might add that Baa Baa has already gone out of his way to try and help me learn some basic charting so yes Baa Baa is way ahead of you in doing some good.

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 05:16 PM
I have no issue with you telling me that, in your opinion, RKL is a risky investment. What I do have an issue with is you making a judgment call about me that my money was not hard earned. That was out of line and uncalled for and a number of people have rightly called you out on that.

For your information I received a personal apology from Baa Baa on Friday night regarding his post. He also deleted his post. Respect to him for that. I might add that Baa Baa has already gone out of his way to try and help me learn some basic charting so yes Baa Baa is way ahead of you in doing some good.

Yes but that was after my previous posts and is not meant to be isolated.plese read them all again.I have no idea on your financial situ and was not being personal.Its all about the risk and I personally protect and grow my funds as safely as possible risk/reward these days.Occasionly I have some excess funds and I can take more risk,this is the fun part of investing but I keep it really small. That's great re BaaBaa helping you my positive rep was worth it:).Best wishes JT , may the force be with you :) ps yes it's just my opinion,long-term with Rocketlab I hope it blasts off to infinity and beyond.

partya
04-07-2022, 08:19 PM
I've just watched the live stream of the latest mission which was a successful deployment of Capstone on its mission to the moon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvMiivrxxA .

Another success, quite an achievement!

I have noticed that this mission hardly gets a mention in our mainstream media; though the ABs, house prices and covid 19 have continuous multiple articles on most news sites. Quite bizarre.....

Snow Leopard
04-07-2022, 09:36 PM
Crikey JT. :ohmy:

With Beagle having become Canis Non Grata here do you really want to take his place?

Joshuatree
04-07-2022, 10:22 PM
No can do.My heart and good intentions are in the right place :).
Im looking forward to Beagle coming back, alot of his actual research is great,he has his faults which he learns from but every now and then reverts but ive noticed personal growth there over the years and the gaps between those "blood sugar blowups" getting further apart.

partya
07-07-2022, 07:35 AM
Nearly an egg-on-face moment for industry partners -

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/nasa-regains-contact-with-moon-bound-capstone-launched-by-rocket-lab-from-mahia/HVQVLIW3CKNUFLAS25O6HRAPJU/?utm_source=ST&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShareTrader+AM+Update+for+Thursday+7+ July+2022

partya
13-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Another successful launch, let us watch the share price fall?!?

Quick turnaround for the next one, scheduled for 22.7.22. I'll be watching, definitely preferable to watching the evening news....

Joshuatree
13-07-2022, 07:05 PM
Another successful launch, let us watch the share price fall?!?

Quick turnaround for the next one, scheduled for 22.7.22. I'll be watching, definitely preferable to watching the evening news....

Watched it for the first time,verry cool.

GTM 3442
28-07-2022, 08:49 AM
Nice to see a bit of diversification. . .

https://spaceref.com/space-commerce/rocket-lab-to-supply-solar-power-for-united-states-space-forces-new-missile-warning-satellites/

partya
02-08-2022, 01:34 PM
A nice rise in the share price of around 17% over the past month or so.

Another launch scheduled for 5pm NZT today, let us watch to see if tradition reigns and the share price falls if the launch is a success.....

RupertBear
13-08-2022, 08:42 AM
Up 21% overnight :eek2: BOOM! :D

martinchnz1
13-08-2022, 09:40 AM
See where it settles, still a way off to parity from the Vector Acquisition days

kiora
14-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Shortage of rockets
https://www.marketscreener.com/business-leaders/Elon-Musk-1364/news/Europe-asks-Musk-can-we-use-SpaceX-rockets--41297707/

Southern Lad
05-11-2022, 12:08 PM
CNBC coverage of yesterday’s attempt to catch a electron booster rocket with a helicopter:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/04/rocket-lab-live-stream-company-attempts-electron-booster-catch-with-helicopter.html

GTM 3442
11-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Up 12% after the results. Good to see some recognition.

GTM 3442
12-11-2022, 07:17 AM
Today at $5.63 - up another 6% - how high can it fly this time?

partya
16-12-2022, 06:40 PM
Let us see whether the first launch from US soil effects the S.P.......

Traditionally the price falls after a successful launch :eek2:

partya
25-01-2023, 10:27 AM
RKLB has seen a nice increase in SP this year.....

First launch from American soil in 30 odd minutes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8XAKyLndD8

winner69
12-03-2023, 10:56 AM
Rocket Lab got $38m in that failed Silicon Valley Bank apparently

The other $450m of cash assets they have in other institutions

iceman
13-03-2023, 01:24 PM
Signature Bank next https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/300828416/second-us-bank-fails-after-silicon-valley-collapse

moka
13-03-2023, 02:02 PM
Signature Bank next https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/300828416/second-us-bank-fails-after-silicon-valley-collapseThis Stuff article creating is fear about bank failures. The article did not mention that Signature was one of two banks that was widely used in cryptocurrency. Like Silvergate (https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/4/23623964/crypto-silvergate-bank-run-stablecoins-dollars), which collapsed on March 8th, Signature had a network that let crypto companies transfer dollars in real-time. None of three recent bank failures were your regular retail bank.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/12/23636780/crypto-collapse-fdic-treasury-shut-down-signature-bank

Onemootpoint
19-04-2023, 09:53 PM
On CNBC last night:

“Rocket Lab CEO Peter Beck on building hypersonic technology”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMPz8LWVP8

RTM
20-04-2023, 09:16 AM
On CNBC last night:

“Rocket Lab CEO Peter Beck on building hypersonic technology”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMPz8LWVP8

Thanks, good to see that. Sounds like lots of business ahead.

partya
20-04-2023, 11:49 AM
'So many satellite constellations due to go to orbit and not enough capacity'...... The future is looking bright.

DownTownJr
05-05-2023, 09:53 AM
Just hit the 10k USD mark in RKLB shares this morning with a average price of 3.90 or somewhere around there, I'll continue DCA in while the SP is under $5.

Rocketlabs space systems is going to be a big money earner in the future, looking forward to them eventually announcing who their surprise mega constellation customer is which seems to be most likely Amazon.

Onemootpoint
06-05-2023, 11:07 AM
…….looking forward to them eventually announcing who their surprise mega constellation customer is which seems to be most likely Amazon.

Any idea when they will announce who it is? There’s only a few realistic options with Amazon as you indicated the most likely.

DownTownJr
06-05-2023, 11:04 PM
Any idea when they will announce who it is? There’s only a few realistic options with Amazon as you indicated the most likely.

Yeah no idea when they might announce it, but I'm ok with being left in the dark for now giving me more time to DCA and accumulate shares as Amazon definitely sounds like the most likely customer which would be huge revenue for the company.

partya
08-05-2023, 02:46 PM
Another successful launch, the 36th thus far. The SP tends to fall after a successful launch, let us see!

GTM 3442
14-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Today at $6.60-odd.

Hoorah! I'm in the money after getting in at $12 and $4.

How high can it fly this time?

RupertBear
15-07-2023, 06:10 PM
Today at $6.60-odd.

Hoorah! I'm in the money after getting in at $12 and $4.

How high can it fly this time?

Well done. I am close to break even. Its been a slow ride for a rocket ship but hopefully it will take us to the Moon this time! :cool:

partya
19-07-2023, 07:30 AM
$7.83 at close, another successful launch yesterday.

Big gains this week. Glad to be a long term investor!

DownTownJr
19-07-2023, 07:57 AM
$7.83 at close, another successful launch yesterday.

Big gains this week. Glad to be a long term investor!

Yeah it's been a great run these last couple of weeks, although most likely we will see a dip but hey who knows what could happen lots of catalyst that could continue to see this stock raise past their spac price.

RTM
19-07-2023, 08:25 AM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018898954/progress-made-on-reusable-rocket

For those interested. Outstanding what a guy with a vision can do.

GTM 3442
12-10-2023, 05:19 AM
Back to under five bucks. Sigh. Still, there work out there. . .

https://www.defensenews.com/battlefield-tech/hypersonics/2023/10/06/rocket-lab-sees-rapid-demand-for-its-haste-hypersonic-test-vehicle/

nztx
19-11-2023, 11:31 AM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-19/spacex-test-flight-rocket-launch/103123150

Rocket launched by Elon Musk's SpaceX fails in space after launch from Starbase site in Texas

problems over the fence in Musk's compound

Joshuatree
14-12-2023, 06:43 AM
"RocketLab plans to launch a small Earth-imaging satellite for a Japanese company from Māhia next week. File photo Photo: Supplied / Rocket Lab
New Zealand company Rocket Lab is doing a dress rehearsal later today for its latest satellite mission.

It aims to launch a small Earth-imaging satellite for a Japanese company next week from Māhia.

It is the company's first since a rocket failed in September shortly after take-off.

Rocket Lab is also working on hypersonic tests flights for the US Department of Defense. These test the likes of sensors rather than launching operational payloads.

However, the aim in early 2025 is to deploy an Australian-made 3m-long "dart" made by 3D printing, that can hit speeds up to Mach 7 or 8300km/h.

With its own test capacity under strain, the Pentagon is turning to private companies in a bid to boost its hypersonic test flights to one a week.

The Defense Innovation Unit signed its latest contract with Rocket Lab last month under the programme.

The "project represents a paradigm shift in viewing the hypersonic realm as a place for aircraft, not just missiles and weapons", the unit said.

The US is at the same time scrambling to deploy a hypersonic weapon amid fears of gains by China and Russia in developing super-fast missiles.

A major military contractor, Leidos, turned to Rocket Lab in June for the inaugural launch from its Virginia site of a hypersonic "test bed" for the US Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Suborbital missions like these are all run out of the US, by the company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Rocket Lab National Security, that it set up a year ago "to serve the defence and intelligence community" with services for "the US government and its allies".

Leidos has four launches like this with Rocket Lab.

"This will enable more robust and successful developments of hypersonic weapon systems," Leidos said.

Leidos also has a half-billion-dollar contract with the US Air Force under a secretive hypersonic programme called Project Mayhem.

The Pentagon has about 70 hypersonic programmes.

"Hypersonic and suborbital test capabilities are key priorities for the nation [US], yet the DoD's ability to test these systems has been limited," Rocket Lab's senior director of global launch service, Brian Rogers, said on its website.

Its missions based on its Electron rocket provided "frequent, and cost-effective" test opportunities from Virginia, he said" RNZ
How much cash do they have left?

partya
23-12-2023, 07:23 AM
Big announcement yesterday, s/p up around 18% overnight.

US $515 million dollar deal signed with the US Government - https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/rocket-lab-documentary-launching-2024-details-revealed/GHZHQMJPSJHFLP72WKK6HBTYBY/ (paywalled)

Aaron
12-03-2024, 09:56 AM
I guess Rocket Lab is FIF.

The company is NZ based and registered, but is wholly owned by Rocket Lab USA Inc which is the company I guess you are buying shares in.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1835428

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion as to whether this might be considered a NZ company re the FIF regime?

I wonder what IRDs view is.

Snoopy
18-03-2024, 05:06 PM
I guess Rocket Lab is FIF.

The company is NZ based and registered, but is wholly owned by Rocket Lab USA Inc which is the company I guess you are buying shares in.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1835428

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion as to whether this might be considered a NZ company re the FIF regime?

I wonder what IRDs view is.

Since Rocketlab, RKLB is a US company listed on the NASDAQ it falls under the the IRD's FIF tax regime. The fact that they have some operations in New Zealand is of no consequence for the interests of NZ shareholder taxpayers.

SNOOPY

Nor
28-03-2024, 02:53 PM
Its where it's registered that matters,not where it's listed. So, is it registered in NZ or US?

Snoopy
29-03-2024, 07:07 AM
Its where it's registered that matters,not where it's listed. So, is it registered in NZ or US?

Yahoo states the listed entity investors can buy shares in is: Rocket Lab USA Inc (RKLB). So it is US registered. I expect the NZ operations will operate through an NZ domiciled subsidiary of Rocket lab USA. But investors cannot buy shares in that company.

SNOOPY

Nor
29-03-2024, 07:56 AM
Yahoo states the listed entity investors can buy shares in is: Rocket Lab USA Inc (RKLB). So it is US registered. I expect the NZ operations will operate through an NZ domiciled subsidiary of Rocket lab USA. But investors cannot buy shares in that company.

SNOOPY

True. From rocketlabusa.com

"Rocket Lab is an American company with a subsidiary and head office in Auckland, New Zealand."

Nor
29-03-2024, 10:40 AM
I wonder if Xero will have to or want to become an American company if it ever lists on the Nasdaq? That would push alot of people over the threshold.