PDA

View Full Version : 2Degrees to list (potentially)

Mr Slothbear
27-03-2021, 02:10 AM
Will be very interesting to see what happens

one of the few with consistent growth in the industry. Stealing market share from vodafone especially.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124651731/2degrees-says-listing-on-nzx-could-accelerate-growth-ahead-of-5g-launch

thoughts? I think they have very good positioning and would most likely be keen to invest depending on valuation.

fungus pudding
27-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Will be very interesting to see what happens

one of the few with consistent growth in the industry. Stealing market share from vodafone especially.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124651731/2degrees-says-listing-on-nzx-could-accelerate-growth-ahead-of-5g-launch

thoughts? I think they have very good positioning and would most likely be keen to invest depending on valuation.

Don't know much about telcos except to say I use 2 degrees for my cell phone. My experience in any dealing with them has far exceeded my experiences of ever dealing with spark or vodafone.

silverblizzard888
27-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Great company in their competitive approach to industry or who knows what prices would have been at just with Spark and Vodafone. Given how much they have grown my biggest worry is theres not much growth left in them without Spark or Vodafone seeding more market share. I'd want to see if they have extra products to introduce and different market segments to target.

Zaphod
27-03-2021, 09:11 PM
Don't forget the MNVO's, and that the government watchdogs have made noises long ago about wanting to see their market share increase and additional MNVO's created. Will 2DM be able to ensure that the vast majority end up using their core network? I don't know.

mikelee
29-03-2021, 11:02 AM
the NZX badly needs some new blue chip blood after exit of the likes of Xero

LaserEyeKiwi
29-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Combining with Vocus seems like a natural fit to create a proper 3rd telecom giant. Infratil could be in the mix here as well with there cashed up position following TILT sale.

Snoopy
29-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Combining with Vocus seems like a natural fit to create a proper 3rd telecom giant. Infratil could be in the mix here as well with there cashed up position following TILT sale.

Infratil would be very unlikely to be involved in getting 2 degrees to the market in any way IMO. They own half of Vodaphone NZ, which would suggest to me that the commerce commission would specifically block any attempt by Infratil to financially engineer one of their main competitors.

SNOOPY

Dassets
29-03-2021, 01:58 PM
Would be purely a compco with other ilk. That is will be rated as a yield play. Not really growth at all. Simple play

LaserEyeKiwi
29-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Would be purely a compco with other ilk. That is will be rated as a yield play. Not really growth at all. Simple play

There has been a very recent swing to fixed wireless broadband from Spark & Vodafone as a growth vector (which bypasses the fibre gatekeepers like chorus) - this is potentially a large growth area for 2degrees.

LaserEyeKiwi
29-03-2021, 02:12 PM
Infratil would be very unlikely to be involved in getting 2 degrees to the market in any way IMO. They own half of Vodaphone NZ, which would suggest to me that the commerce commission would specifically block any attempt by Infratil to financially engineer one of their main competitors.

SNOOPY

good point, forgot about that.

Mr Slothbear
30-03-2021, 08:29 AM

they’ve been growing organically consistently for a long time and access to new funding may present acquisition opportunities too so don’t think what you said is accurate.