PDA

View Full Version : WOW ASX -Biggest value rise in one day ....blown away

JBmurc
01-04-2022, 01:43 PM
At present up $108,000AUD TODAY (that more than I use to make yearly risking my life at sea for 26yrs) ... blows the door of my last highest value growth day
$$$70k ish in a portfolio that hit a low during MARCH2020 of only 180k!!!!! (bleak times on holiday :( )

just had to share it with guys that I've been bouncing ASX trades off for the last 20yrs ...dreaming of this day >>>many thanks

Sous87
01-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Congratulations. Monster LRS run today. And you’ve still got MAY waiting to fire.

nztx
01-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Well done JB - I have to thank you for the heads up on MAY and many other ASX companies
on here - Your postings & views on these are very much appreciated

troyvdh
01-04-2022, 04:13 PM
"At your highest moment....be careful.Thats when the Devil comes for you".Denzel Washington.

percy
01-04-2022, 04:24 PM
At present up $108,000AUD TODAY (that more than I use to make yearly risking my life at sea for 26yrs) ... blows the door of my last highest value growth day
$$$70k ish in a portfolio that hit a low during MARCH2020 of only 180k!!!!! (bleak times on holiday :( )

just had to share it with guys that I've been bouncing ASX trades off for the last 20yrs ...dreaming of this day >>>many thanks

Incredible.
Well done.

GOAT
01-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Congrats JB.. that is amazing.

Appreciate all your insights.

stoploss
01-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Awesome work JB, enjoy a bottle of something nice tonight .

RupertBear
01-04-2022, 05:37 PM

Awesome! Super happy for you :t_up:

JBmurc
01-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Yeah thanks guys and sadly so many no longer posting here but have helped me pointing out great trades MAY.asx a recent one ...along with Hotcopper forum .. no way I could have keeped the faith through the dark years if it wasn’t for the others going through those painful years ... fighting skol daily on the gold thread ...lol

Scrunch
01-04-2022, 09:17 PM

Well done. Mine wasn't as large as that, but it was still a massive daily gain. As I write this I've got a LPI tab open as I was planning on looking into LPI and brine in a bit more detail. For me the drivers were CXO, GT1 and ESS.

denpal
01-04-2022, 09:25 PM
Well done! I had a massive day too, largely LRSOC. Incredible re-rate and thanks to you I got on board with them.

JBmurc
01-04-2022, 09:41 PM
Yes LRSOC made up pretty much 90% of today’s gain .. gutted I sold 500k of my LRSOC position just the other day to help pay for new Sorento which after 10months is finally arriving.. that alone has cost me $20k had I not sold those opts .... WCN another good story today .. ended up taking a profit on my WCN trade(still holding opts)taking a nice 7k profit ... ended up sinking the lot into MAY for another 222k shares ... if MAY and LRS kick on on the same day with results (and maybe even TEG/CNB/CUE drop something special ) I might just beat today’s record profit which closed at $128k AUD

stoploss
01-04-2022, 09:56 PM
Yes LRSOC made up pretty much 90% of today’s gain .. gutted I sold 500k of my LRSOC position just the other day to help pay for new Sorento which after 10months is finally arriving.. that alone has cost me $20k had I not sold those opts .... WCN another good story today .. ended up taking a profit on my WCN trade(still holding opts)taking a nice 7k profit ... ended up sinking the lot into MAY for another 222k shares ... if MAY and LRS kick on on the same day with results (and maybe even TEG/CNB/CUE drop something special ) I might just beat today’s record profit which closed at $128k AUD

Don't beat yourself up over the $ 20 K JB, Just enjoy the new Sorento knowing you paid for it out of a days profits .
I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face everytime you get in. it
Always good to take some off the table , you have to leave a little bit in it for the next guy .

clearasmud
01-04-2022, 10:47 PM
Congratulations JB,great move in LRS.You are an inspiration.

JBmurc
01-04-2022, 10:52 PM
Don't beat yourself up over the $ 20 K JB, Just enjoy the new Sorento knowing you paid for it out of a days profits .
I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face everytime you get in. it
Always good to take some off the table , you have to leave a little bit in it for the next guy .

Yes for sure .. More so the wife’s car .. I still drive around in a car worth less than 5k .250kms on the clock..
but more of these type days I might well get a Hybrid / EV .. those KIA EV6 look pretty cool

freebee
02-04-2022, 09:47 AM

Big congrats to you JB, you deserve it. Thanks for sharing your research and passion and taking the time to post on here for us. You have helped me get into CNB MAY and LRS all tracking amazing in the last few months. Have a great weekend, cheers

younga
02-04-2022, 03:05 PM
Well done. I missed out on LRS. Still in MAY and waiting for PCL to kick.

Paddie
02-04-2022, 07:35 PM
Well done. I missed out on LRS. Still in MAY and waiting for PCL to kick.

I looked at LRSOC as well but the only spare money that I had was tied up in MEK so didn't get any. Have sold out now most of MEK and brought more MAY.
I missed an opportunity with LRS but am happy with what I have in MAY.

JBmurc
02-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Yes I think all three CNB/MAY/LRS will surge on updates due April ..they all look to have MAJOR project value upside ...Copper , Oil , Lithium great resources to be involved with at present and for some years to come ...

10Bagger
02-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Love your picks JB. Well done!! Just wondering if by any chance you've cast your eye over Valor Resources? Uranium and Copper.

JBmurc
02-04-2022, 10:26 PM
Love your picks JB. Well done!! Just wondering if by any chance you've cast your eye over Valor Resources? Uranium and Copper.

Not a company I know much about ...but if they are some great projects you just never know... might be the next DEG

JBmurc
04-04-2022, 02:19 PM
Ok Scratch Friday .... today is blowing that away ...very close to my first 200k AUD day !!

pedro.nz
04-04-2022, 03:13 PM
:t_up::t_up::t_up:

percy
04-04-2022, 03:26 PM
Ok Scratch Friday .... today is blowing that away ...very close to my first 200k AUD day !!

Incredible...Well done.

GOAT
04-04-2022, 03:33 PM

wow.. you must be stoked. :)

I see CNB had a good announcement today, and LRS continuing the upward trend.. well done!

stoploss
04-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Great work JB,here's one for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDBzgHXf64

Ballr
04-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Smashing work JB! Incredible talent in picking these winners.

JBmurc
04-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Great work JB,here's one for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDBzgHXf64

Classic tune >> 1978 the year I was born as well LOL

GOAT
04-04-2022, 05:39 PM
Classic tune >> 1978 the year I was born as well LOL

so you were 24 when you registered on this forum. What made you get into investing at such a young age?

JBmurc
04-04-2022, 05:45 PM
Smashing work JB! Incredible talent in picking these winners.

May it continue ...just need TEG to come in now ... WCN starting to move ... CUE always going be a slow moving till results on deeper drills ..

Only Negative today is getting stuffed around by ANZ invest .. after 15yrs of easy to get my capital back to my NZ AUD account today they decided I needed to show them proof of my NZ AUD account(even though they said fine funds on the way Friday !!) which I've done before to get the account in place .. but I see the money still sitting in my call account still not on its way to NZ>>

really want to pay for new SUV ..and exercise LRSOC opts which in doing would straight away add another 41k in value as opts so undervalued to head share even once one pays the exercise price

DarkHorse
06-04-2022, 05:55 PM
Well done JB!
Would you mind sharing your favourite 5 or 6 holdings atm? Preferably including some already profitable, or forecast to soon be, so more amendable to analysis without being familiar with the mining sector :)
Thanks! DH

Sideshow Bob
06-04-2022, 06:13 PM
Just stumbled across this thread - awesome work JB!! :t_up:

JBmurc
06-04-2022, 06:30 PM
Well done JB!
Would you mind sharing your favourite 5 or 6 holdings atm? Preferably including some already profitable, or forecast to soon be, so more amendable to analysis without being familiar with the mining sector :)
Thanks! DH

I'm more of a explorer / resource developer investor so profits don't come into the picture till a much later stage when the Company has reached production at which point generally the company has reach its high valuation ..

view the the link below for-the-life-cycle-of-a-mineral-discovery

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visualizing-the-life-cycle-of-a-mineral-discovery/

So I like to find companies with very good speculation upside in making a commercial discovery to drive the SP up 300-1000% upwards like we have see with CNB,MAY,LRS which I believe have much more to go in value>>

I also like the undervalued plays that have potential to make very good ROI...say they have great investments solid cash balance..with some production / exploration upside ...

But as the portfolio value grows I will be looking for more safer profitable plays .. even some Divi plays ...

DarkHorse
06-04-2022, 10:00 PM
I also like the undervalued plays that have potential to make very good ROI...say they have great investments solid cash balance..with some production / exploration upside ...

I should've guessed that from your returns :) Amazing strike rate you have for this kind of business. Outside my circle of competence but keen to know any "undervalued plays...etc" you like atm. Would also be tempted to have a look at any earlier stage plays you currently believe have extremely asymmetric upside over the next 12 months, for smaller punts.

JBmurc
06-04-2022, 10:31 PM
I should've guessed that from your returns :) Amazing strike rate you have for this kind of business. Outside my circle of competence but keen to know any "undervalued plays...etc" you like atm. Would also be tempted to have a look at any earlier stage plays you currently believe have extremely asymmetric upside over the next 12 months, for smaller punts.

Best returns generally come from the hottest sectors of the resources market ...which at present has been and seems to continue to be > Lithium , REE , O&G etc ...

WCN a micro cap with a good few tasty looking REE/Lithium prospects ,,Gold etc

the share options very good leverage play WCNOE ex price 1.5c expiry FEB24....

disc -Holding WCNOE

https://www.businessnews.com.au/article/White-Cliff-rare-earth-hits-spark-geological-jigsaw-puzzle

DarkHorse
11-04-2022, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much JBM! I'm chasing a few now
Options are perfect for this type of investment, certainly for those of us with not much understanding of the sector who want to take a small punt...
Are there any of a similar ilk you suggest looking at?
I've also done well following insiders a few times...in case any have significant director buys?

JBmurc
11-04-2022, 03:25 PM
POD - CNB Both should have a BIG 2H22 .... safer plays in the spec exploration sector great mgmt teams great assets ...I certainly will be shifting more funds into these two slower movers of late ...but both are laying the ground work for market attention in time ..

Yes WCNOE opts very tasty

DarkHorse
11-04-2022, 07:45 PM
Thanks JB, looking into those.
It took all day but the 2.2c WCNOE seller met me at 2c so that was pleasing :) Yes, it's rare to find such excellent leverage and an attractive price for long-dated options on a stock with this much upside potential.

JBmurc
12-04-2022, 10:11 AM
Thanks JB, looking into those.
It took all day but the 2.2c WCNOE seller met me at 2c so that was pleasing :) Yes, it's rare to find such excellent leverage and an attractive price for long-dated options on a stock with this much upside potential.

Yes as to why I loaded up with 1.5mill ...wouldn't mind a few more too>>

Sous87
12-04-2022, 12:49 PM
JB have you had a glance at Askari? AS2. They have appeared to have some really good finds, large area to work with, still early days for their MC I feel

JBmurc
12-04-2022, 01:31 PM
JB have you had a glance at Askari? AS2. They have appeared to have some really good finds, large area to work with, still early days for their MC I feel

No I don't follow...I did see WCN ann. out today no decent Gold in the assays ..not That I purchased WCN for their Gold Project..but has hurt the SP...

Good news out from TEG .on L7 block prospective resource 600BCF+.. one of my specs thats yet to run >>

JBmurc
02-05-2022, 04:47 PM
And Now I've had my worst run of RED days 7 trading days so far.... bye bye $$400K AUD Paper profits... looking forward to seeing a day in the black .... nothing but BLOOD on the FLOOR ..did take some funds of the table ,,,,and in hindsight should have pull out 500-600k back to CASH ...

percy
02-05-2022, 07:00 PM
And Now I've had my worst run of RED days 7 trading days so far.... bye bye $$400K AUD Paper profits... looking forward to seeing a day in the black .... nothing but BLOOD on the FLOOR ..did take some funds of the table ,,,,and in hindsight should have pull out 500-600k back to CASH ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUWkr4FUlo

Sous87
02-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Hindsight JB, what a bugger. I thought the same thing in the moments after last weeks announcement.
LRS and MAY both in the hole right now, but importantly to remember it appears to not be for any good reason! Both have great resource to work on extracting, neither are dusters, just got to sit tight.
I’m am surprised by the volatility of the sways in SP but that’s small caps I suppose and why they’re big risk/reward stocks.
Quietly hoping IXR comes out of their trading halt with a banger announcement just to restore some form of forward momentum to my portfolio.

troyvdh
02-05-2022, 07:29 PM
Percy.JBmurc..With all due respect..look at the chart..LRS...did you seriously expect that trajectory to continue...

nztx
02-05-2022, 07:47 PM
Much the same seen here .. nothing materially wrong with the companies, but really
a jittery ASX & market .. JRL, AVZ CNB STM LMG and many others have been on the receiving
end of these prevailing market sentiments. Fortunately I derisked along the way, and very much
ahead for that strategy, but still wear the results of these same market conditions on holdings I retained.

percy
02-05-2022, 08:18 PM
I been lucky with IVZ taking off like a rocket.
No idea at this stage whether to hold,or sell half.First drill is late June.
Always planed to sell out, or sell half just before drilling,ie early June.

clearasmud
02-05-2022, 09:09 PM
My big hopes (ALY, VR8) were both on page 1 of the losers list today.
After previously being on the winners page 1 list. Oh well,got to be patient.

RupertBear
02-05-2022, 09:22 PM
Yep my rocket ships LRS and MAY took a dive back to earth today as well :mellow:

Nomad
02-05-2022, 09:39 PM
HIO has had a terrific run in the last couple of months and hopefully there's more on the way - looking for some positive announcements in the next few quarters.

Joshuatree
02-05-2022, 09:45 PM
Yep my rocket ships LRS and MAY took a dive back to earth today as well :mellow:

Got know when to hold and when to fold little bear,you'll be chewed up and spat out with these volatile trading playthings.

JBmurc
02-05-2022, 10:14 PM
Percy.JBmurc..With all due respect..look at the chart..LRS...did you seriously expect that trajectory to continue...

No I did expect a pull back but hoped LRS would hold above 20c for another week (as I was exercising my opts and waiting for the LRS to turn up in my account!!!)

All my big runners recently

CNB $2+ to $1.22
LRS 20c+ to 12c
MAY 17.5c to 8.3c

Only positive is I purchased them all much lower..

I'm still bullish and think all will reach higher highs this year... I think a mix of weaker market data + FEAR + Profit taking + Stop-losses + lower resource values all haven't helped these muti baggers ..

JBmurc
02-05-2022, 10:38 PM
Got know when to hold and when to fold little bear,you'll be chewed up and spat out with these volatile trading playthings.

Prob is for us TAX paying traders ... AT THE TIME (OH hindsight) I didn't want to realise a massive NZD profit from trading for the 21/22Fy ...which I would have been close to had I sold near the highs for CNB -FEB22 MAY- MAR22 .... I had a few good trades for the year ..but doing some rough calc's could well been looking at $200k TAX bill ... was thinking more so HOLDing and selling few in this Fy and then the next etc ... spread the cap gains out >>>

As the TAX would have to be paid from the Market ..aka selling shares later in the year..

happen to me last year as well ...worried about my TAX then watched as profits eroded away MAY - OCT period ..DOH!!

Won't be so bad as the portfolio grows and tax makes up a much smaller part of the companies overall value ..

....PS- I did actually take some LRS profits recently and did buy a few more MAY today @ 8.3c lows ...

I really think the resources sector will have another very bullish upside wave maybe more so JUNE/JULY+ ... as COVID travel restrictions remove and trade picks up and supply catches up with demand ....

Sous87
03-05-2022, 06:42 AM
Ha, yes along with LRS and MAY I also had to watch VR8 fade big. IVZ only one of mine having a run right now.
I Need to learn to take profits because these stocks are all still “buys” at these levels and I’d happily re enter if I had the spare funds.
I did manage to free carry LRS when it got to 18.5cents so I guess that’s something.

JBmurc
03-05-2022, 09:23 AM
Ha, yes along with LRS and MAY I also had to watch VR8 fade big. IVZ only one of mine having a run right now.
I Need to learn to take profits because these stocks are all still “buys” at these levels and I’d happily re enter if I had the spare funds.
I did manage to free carry LRS when it got to 18.5cents so I guess that’s something.

Great work ... I had told myself as soon as I get my LRS shares from converting the opts I would take a big chunk off the table as LRS is very over balanced in my portfolio during April .. but even though LRS received my exercise funds the OPTs doco I sent to the bank doing the Interbank transfer didn't pass on the doc that LRS needed to convert and they only do it every Friday !! so another week to wait then the markets started to tank and LRS weakness ...still thought the next results were going kick LRS back above 20c but then we seen the Bigger fall ..

Hindsight should have sold a BIG chunk in a few days i was watching in the high teens ...

Still I think the Lithium space is a great place to be invested when we see present developments

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/02/white-house-announces-3point1-billion-for-us-ev-battery-manufacturing-.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1651514706

If LRS can reach 33.5c ...my present holding will be worth 1mill AUD .... I've already taken out my original investment so is free carry at present

JBmurc
05-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Finally might have a decent day ...after the overseas markets Boomed overnight>> Energy> O&G >metals Good place to be going forward ..

Sous87
05-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Looks like the May rocket is just about done refuelling and ready to go again. All long term holders knew it was a rare and good chance to top up. Think production news of Alameda will be extremely well received

JBmurc
05-05-2022, 03:46 PM
Looks like the May rocket is just about done refuelling and ready to go again. All long term holders knew it was a rare and good chance to top up. Think production news of Alameda will be extremely well received

Yes I did with MAY 8.3c .. its so good to see a day of all green across the portfolio ... 117k rebound ... just need another 4 days like to today and I'll be back to my recent highs