PDA

View Full Version : Purported Sharetrader survey

jonu
08-04-2022, 07:06 PM
Has anyone else had an email from stnzforum@gmail.com asking them to undertake a survey? There are two links in the email that I don't want to click on. It starts off by saying "Here at Sharetrader" but it doesn't look right to me.

There is no Sharetrader logo or anything. I have PMed Vince, but if you receive it I reckon wait until it is confirmed legit or otherwise.

airedale
08-04-2022, 07:14 PM
I am cautious and will wait for more info if I decide to respond.

OutToLunch
08-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Yep I got one too. I also got suspicious so haven't clicked on the link.

jonu
08-04-2022, 07:16 PM
I am cautious and will wait for more info if I decide to respond.

I take it you have received it as well airedale?

percy
08-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Has anyone else had an email from stnzforum@gmail.com asking them to undertake a survey? There are two links in the email that I don't want to click on. It starts off by saying "Here at Sharetrader" but it doesn't look right to me.

There is no Sharetrader logo or anything. I have PMed Vince, but if you receive it I reckon wait until it is confirmed legit or otherwise.

Looked legit to me.
Filled it out and replied.
Forgot to mention I think Vince is wonderful.

glennj
08-04-2022, 07:31 PM
Looked legit to me.

Seemed fine to me too!

RupertBear
08-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Looked legit to me.

I whole heartedly agree :)

nztx
08-04-2022, 08:57 PM
Received here too - waiting for Vince to hoist the all okay flag on this :)

iceman
09-04-2022, 07:24 AM
Received as well and looked ok but will await confirmation here that it is legit.

Rawz
09-04-2022, 08:33 AM
Received nothing. Could be fake

bull....
09-04-2022, 09:06 AM
what did they want to know?

winner69
09-04-2022, 09:11 AM
what did they want to know?

Good question

09-04-2022, 09:11 AM
Just general questions about the forum. Nothing sinister.

dabsman
09-04-2022, 09:16 AM
I.just sent my credit card details and private keys just in case they forgot to ask

ralph
09-04-2022, 09:21 AM
survey monkey usually standard I also subscribed for the full monty

Not The Chosen One
09-04-2022, 10:52 AM
I got one from sharetrader@tarawera.co.nz.

They weren't offering me millions like the Nigerian Prince's do so I ignored it

jonu
09-04-2022, 12:10 PM
Just general questions about the forum. Nothing sinister.

I hope not. I generally don't click on links sent to me unsolicited from an unknown email address. Who knows what you're in for. I haven't heard from Vince yet.

Baa_Baa
09-04-2022, 12:45 PM
The email is from sharetrader@tarawera.co.nz which is an alias to stnzforum@gmail.com

For any member who has email notifications turned on for private messages, you will see that the sender of those email notifications is Sharetrader Forum, which is stnzforum@gmail.com i.e. same as the survey email.

So the email sender looks legit. The email says ...

"Here at Sharetrader we are keen to learn a little bit more about our users to help improve the site.
We have sent you this survey as you have registered with Sharetrader.co.nz (http://sharetrader.co.nz/).
Please could you take a few minutes to complete this survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X (https://I have removed the Link as it is unique to me)

Thank you

(I have removed the link in the above as it is unique to me.)

The link to the survey is to surveymonkey.com and is unique to the email recipient, i.e. once you've completed the survey, the link will not work anymore, except to tell you that you've already completed the survey.

The survey is branded with the Sharetrader logo, on surveymonkey.com and looks like this:

It is just a simple survey of what you like, don't like, want changed, etc. Quite innocuous. The survey completes with this, an invitation to subscribe to a range of email publications from Tarawera Publishing (https://www.tarawera.co.nz/newsletters/?p=1&ids[]=26&ids[]=90)

The survey invitation on surveymonkey.com (see above) is signed off by Philip, who presumably is Philip MACALISTER, the sole Director and owner of Tarawera Publishing Limited, who is the owner of Sharetrader.co.nz

limmy
09-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Why has there been no prior mention of this survey in our forum ? Perhaps we need to more cautious ?

thegreatestben
09-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Seems kosher to me, have filled out.

09-04-2022, 05:24 PM
I hope not. I generally don't click on links sent to me unsolicited from an unknown email address. Who knows what you're in for. I haven't heard from Vince yet.

I recognised the tarawera name so was quite happy to open it.

Ferg
09-04-2022, 09:29 PM

jonu - it is safe. Survey monkey has been around a while and is used widely. It's a legit low key survey seeking suggestions and a bit of info.