PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most competent minister in the currrent govt?

fungus pudding
26-06-2022, 11:24 AM
https://dpmc.govt.nz/our-business-units/cabinet-office/ministers-and-their-portfolios/ministerial-list

Therre are 20 cabinet ministers and two or three ministers outside cabinet. The law of averages suggest there must be at least one who is competent. But who?

Dlownz
26-06-2022, 11:30 AM
Probably Chris Hipkins
But geeze there is alot of incompetence

Dlownz
26-06-2022, 11:32 AM
What about most incompetent
Chis faafoi but he's gone now.

fungus pudding
26-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Probably Chris Hipkins
But geeze there is alot of incompetence

Hipkins gets my vote also for most competent.
Most incompetent? That's a real head scratcher! Twyford certainly in the mix.
Most obnoxious? Willie Jackson - no contest.

SPC
26-06-2022, 11:44 AM
My pick is Hipkins will replace the PM.
The others are a bunch of incompetent clowns.

Habits
26-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Mahuta... sorry sarc. Certainly she is one of the most devious along with the PM. Robbie might be considered competent but sure likes to splash cash

SPC
26-06-2022, 12:00 PM
I'm picking if the polls show a swing for a change of Government then Ardern will 'retire' before 2023 and move to her next job working for the UN doing god knows what, she's been cultivating this move since the day some idiots suggested she was a future global leader and the idea seemed to stick.
She's at it now ..

Sgt Pepper
26-06-2022, 12:56 PM
I'm picking if the polls show a swing for a change of Government then Ardern will 'retire' before 2023 and move to her next job working for the UN doing god knows what, she's been cultivating this move since the day some idiots suggested she was a future global leader and the idea seemed to stick.
She's at it now ..

I agree. I stand by my prediction made some time ago on this thread that there is a high probability that Jacinda will announce in December of this year that she is stepping down as leader of the Labour Party and as PM. It makes sense as the probability of a Labour/coalition. government after the next election is rather tenuous. 2023 is going to be an economically challenging year, especially for those who hold large mortgage debt. Also, Jacinda would have been the leader of the Labour Party for five years. It's quite understandable she will want to move on

fungus pudding
26-06-2022, 01:52 PM
I agree. I stand by my prediction made some time ago on this thread that there is a high probability that Jacinda will announce in December of this year that she is stepping down as leader of the Labour Party and as PM. It makes sense as the probability of a Labour/coalition. government after the next election is rather tenuous. 2023 is going to be an economically challenging year, especially for those who hold large mortgage debt. Also, Jacinda would have been the leader of the Labour Party for five years. It's quite understandable she will want to move on

Note the title of this thread. Who will replace her? Who is competent in the party?

nztx
26-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Note the title of this thread. Who will replace her? Who is competent in the party?

The Mascot hanging on the wall behind .. it hasn't opened it's mouth ;)

Sgt Pepper
26-06-2022, 02:09 PM

Kiri Allan could replace her, competence and charisma, in my opinion

Grimy
26-06-2022, 03:37 PM
I agree, Kiri seems to be a good person who gets on with the job she is given.

Balance
26-06-2022, 03:38 PM
The Mascot hanging on the wall behind .. it hasn't opened it's mouth ;)

The power behind the 'throne' :

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1640045900608-C3KLVP6AU2G0VNQSH571/glove+puppet.jpg?format=500w

kiwico
26-06-2022, 04:34 PM
I agree, Kiri seems to be a good person who gets on with the job she is given.

Out of all of them, she seems blessed with, or at least the ability to use, common sense. The rest seem to have been promoted above their ability.

fungus pudding
26-06-2022, 04:42 PM
Kiri Allan could replace her, competence and charisma, in my opinion

For sure, but she would hardly be accepted as a Prime Minister on the world stage. Few countries are as accepting as NZ of homosexuality.

Panda-NZ-
26-06-2022, 05:26 PM
It's hard to find a conservative govt anywhere that's competent or ethical right now.

In challenging times it's best to stick with what you know.

couta1
26-06-2022, 05:36 PM
It's hard to find a conservative govt anywhere that's competent or ethical right now.

In challenging times it's best to stick with what you know. You mean whose leader is a WEF puppet who visited Blackrock on her recent trip to the US, the one who only cares about setting up herself a very lucrative future once she vacates the PM role?

Habits
26-06-2022, 06:31 PM
This morning on Q+A Chippies covid response admissions and confessions seemed astounding compared to their previous unwavering beliefs. Though JAs ironclad grip and effort to maintain a flawed and not sustainable elimination target was excused as 'based on the info at the time'. Is he lining himself up as the next party leader or is Labour trying to get back in the public's good books

Balance
26-06-2022, 06:58 PM
This morning on Q+A Chippies covid response admissions and confessions seemed astounding compared to their previous unwavering beliefs. Though JAs ironclad grip and effort to maintain a flawed and not sustainable elimination target was excused as 'based on the info at the time'. Is he lining himself up as the next party leader or is Labour trying to get back in the public's good books

Hipkins has well and truly bloated his copy book by

spreading misinformation about a pregnant woman’s situation,

and then

deliberately leaking private information of her (when he was cautioned not to).

In doing so, he incited abuse and hatred towards the pregnant woman.

What kind of scumbag does that to a pregnant woman?

clips
26-06-2022, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=Balance;963882]Hipkins has well and truly "bloated" his copy book by

yep he has put on a bit of weight ..

mondograss
27-06-2022, 08:51 AM
I know Michael Wood and think quite highly of him. He's managed to unjam the mess that Twyford created in Transport.

SPC
27-06-2022, 09:53 AM
Well he screwed up on the Auckland cycle bridge. What a mess, and a shocking waste of money spent on an empty high-rent office in Akld CBD.
He's a charachature of a 1950s Labour party politician. Brylcreme hair, suit and tie.
I chuckle everytime I see him.

850man
27-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Picking the most competent minister in this Labour government is like a beauty contest for ogresses. Pick the one that makes you vomit the least

Curly
27-06-2022, 01:44 PM
I know Michael Wood and think quite highly of him. He's managed to unjam the mess that Twyford created in Transport.
Michael Wood, absolute tosser.

fungus pudding
27-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Picking the most competent minister in this Labour government is like a beauty contest for ogresses. Pick the one that makes you vomit the least

May I present Mr and Mrs Ogre.

850man
27-06-2022, 01:48 PM
May I present Mr and Mrs Ogre.

Ardern and Robertson?

fungus pudding
27-06-2022, 02:58 PM
Ardern and Robertson?

Could be - with Kelvin Davis between them in background.

shareman
27-06-2022, 03:57 PM
Chris Hipkins (but I know hes not perfect)

850man
27-06-2022, 04:08 PM
Could be - with Kelvin Davis between them in background.

Kelvin looks a lot like Ardern in that photo