PDA

View Full Version : Five Predictions for 2022 - H2

TheHunter
09-07-2022, 02:15 AM
Hello all,

With so much going on in the world I thought it would be interesting to start a thread and write down any five calls / crystal ball predictions for the second half of 2022, and then see how they play out in six months time.

Feel free to do the same and try to be as specific as possible. Only one rule; you can only ridicule someone's calls if you post your own.

My five:

The NZ median house price to decline by greater than 10% YoY in Dec 22
New building consents (12 month rolling) to have peaked in May 22 (51k) and reverse trend thereafter
NZX50 to see new lows and test the 10,000 level by year end
RBNZ to get two further 50 bps hikes in before reducing pace to 25bps
NZ GDP growth % YoY to slow down to sub 2.5% YoY for Q4

Good luck.

ralph
09-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Late night hunting was it or rained off :cool:

Totally agree with all those prediction's hunter ,especially for the housing market .
We will need more than luck ,probably a new fishing pole

fungus pudding
09-07-2022, 02:09 PM
All Blacks will beat the Oirish tonight.

Rawz
09-07-2022, 04:35 PM
I predict a fair few companies are going to turn in solid results in the next reporting period helping prop up share prices.

I think with so much media coverage of "a recession is coming" we are not going to be in for a shock. I see a soft landing. I am seeing a lot of SMEs fortify their balance sheets and hold onto cash. This alone will not help GDP as they are not spending but its better than overreaching and getting caught out.

She'll be right. Just keep buying :cool:

Sideshow Bob
09-07-2022, 09:21 PM
All Blacks will beat the Oirish tonight.

Well, that didn't work out well, did it......:sleep:

fungus pudding
10-07-2022, 08:48 AM
Well, that didn't work out well, did it......:sleep:

No. I have since retired from predicting future games, except to say The Oirish will not win the series, so next game will be a beating.

Habits
10-07-2022, 08:52 AM
No. I have since retired from predicting future games, except to say The Oirish will not win the series, so next game will be a beating.

TAB was paying quite good odds for an Oirish win

ziggy415
10-07-2022, 09:12 AM
TAB was paying quite good odds for an Oirish win

I predict that all future trades of sideshow Bob...fungus pudding...and habits for the rest of 2022 will turn to custard for telling me who won the rugby...thanks guys..gonna have to do chores instead now :mad ;:

Bjauck
10-07-2022, 09:23 AM
All Blacks will beat the Oirish tonight. Surely you mean Ull Blix.

fungus pudding
10-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Surely you mean Ull Blix.

Yes, but oi loid.

ynot
10-07-2022, 11:16 AM

Will depend on who's side the ref is on.

beetills
10-07-2022, 06:30 PM
I have no doubt that the All Blacks will win the series but the damage to Foster & Canes reputations has been done and cannot be undone.