PDA

View Full Version : UK Investment trusts

orchard
12-08-2022, 11:01 AM
First time poster, long time lurker. There are 6 UK trusts listed on the NZX and I'm interested in investing in BIT to diversify my portfolio. I can't find any information on these trusts and they are never discussed so I'm hoping the wise and experienced posters on this site can inform me about the pros and cons of investing in this and the tax implications.

12-08-2022, 11:13 AM
I looked at them about 20 years ago and decided the tax implications were too onerous.

Worth investigating though.

Joshuatree
12-08-2022, 11:29 AM
First time poster, long time lurker. There are 6 UK trusts listed on the NZX and I'm interested in investing in BIT to diversify my portfolio. I can't find any information on these trusts and they are never discussed so I'm hoping the wise and experienced posters on this site can inform me about the pros and cons of investing in this and the tax implications.

Think BIT is in Craig's portfolio picks regularly fwiw.

Getty
13-08-2022, 11:39 AM
If its simple exposure to top UK companies you want, and keep it in NZD, consider The City Of London, TCL on Nzx.

Currently $7.95, with NTA of $7.71, and pays a reliable dividend, currently 4.81%, in NZD.