PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Christmas Sharetrader Get Together - Auckland

ronaldson
21-11-2022, 08:57 PM
It seems Beagle is currently banned. No idea why. But I joined and started posting on this forum following the last soiree he organised locally here at one of the Viaduct venues and enjoyed meeting those who attended on that occasion, and the fact that oysters were available as well as alcoholic beverages.

Anyone game to step up? Beagle should be deemed invited of course.

ronaldson
21-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Actually, the Bar was Oyster and Chop. I'm not very imaginative so I could suggest the same venue at 3.00pm on Sunday, 11 December 2022. $2 oysters and happy hour starts then and runs to 6.00pm for low price beers.

Need a minimum of five other acceptances on this thread for it to fly.

bibbidybop
21-11-2022, 10:27 PM
The following message from Beagle: "Beagle suggests a change of date to 4th and can make it then"

ronaldson
22-11-2022, 08:55 AM
Ok, I can do Sunday 4 December 2022 at Oyster and Chop so that's the new date.

ronaldson
28-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Time to move this back to the top of Paging. Sunday 4 December 2022 at Oyster and Chop (Viaduct) from 3.00pm - Hopefully Beagle will return and others will look to join us.

RSVP your intentions on this thread, but others welcome anyway. $2 oysters and happy hour until 6.00pm.

Getty
28-11-2022, 10:27 AM
I won't be at the do, but please pass on my regards to Beagle.

I miss the old recidivist and his posts.

Welcome back anytime.

justakiwi
28-11-2022, 10:34 AM
Mmmm …I could do with a little Auckland Holiday.

Curly
28-11-2022, 01:13 PM
Regards to all and have one for me. To longa drive. Auckland always a good place to escape from but great idea. Could be starter if idea filtered down to some place West Coast Nth Island?

Alekhine
28-11-2022, 08:58 PM
I'll come to meet some fellow investors, if it goes ahead.

see weed
28-11-2022, 11:07 PM
I will be there, will be good to catch up with Beagle.

ronaldson
29-11-2022, 12:39 PM
Fine, let's be positive and say the event is definitely going ahead. Still good to RSVP on this thread so numbers known, but all welcome on the day as some find it difficult to commit in advance.

I have confirmed with Oyster and Chop that they will not be closed for a private function, and the weather forecast is sunny/cloudy with a high of 19 degrees. So see you on Sunday 4 December 2022 from 3.00pm. We live in interesting times and the Share market responds accordingly!

Hopefully Beagle will be the star turn.

justakiwi
30-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Where's the "puke" emoticon when you need it?

This is clearly a Beagle Fan Club get together, rather than ST Christmas drinks.

Hopefully Beagle will be the star turn.

see weed
01-12-2022, 12:44 PM
Beagle will be there and we will be pushing one company. Am looking forward to a big plate of oysters:t_up:

SailorRob
01-12-2022, 04:53 PM

This is clearly a Beagle Fan Club get together, rather than ST Christmas drinks.

Be nicer....

davflaws
01-12-2022, 05:09 PM

You have been a lot more reactive than usual in the last few days. You are usually a model of tolerance and sanity (or perhaps it is just that I agree with most of your posts). Are you ok?

Ggcc
01-12-2022, 05:25 PM
Love to meet you all at some stage but I won’t make it this year.

Brain
01-12-2022, 05:41 PM
You have been a lot more reactive than usual in the last few days. You are usually a model of tolerance and sanity (or perhaps it is just that I agree with most of your posts). Are you ok?

I can understand Justakiwi’s attitude toward Beagle after all he did threaten her with legal action and also rupertbear from memory.

RupertBear
01-12-2022, 06:36 PM
You are correct Brain. Justakiwi was subjected to numerous attacks from Beagle which did include threats of legal action and yes I was also threatened with legal action by him. So in defence of Justakiwi I completely understand her attitude as it was a particularly nasty experience

Balance
02-12-2022, 09:41 AM

Make peace with your past and your future will be peaceful.

Habits
04-12-2022, 06:57 AM
Have a good time guys and gals. Sorry I can't make it

Alekhine
04-12-2022, 10:38 AM
What name is the booking under?

see weed
04-12-2022, 10:54 AM
What name is the booking under?
I have been to about at least 10 ST meetings over the years gone by and still haven't figured out the booking name. I suppose just ask for the ST meeting and follow the noise, a person doing funny dancing, another lying on the floor after falling off there chair and another drinking a glass of beer while doing a head stand. Dancing on the table is yet to happen. I will also have my wolf whistle so we shouldn't be to hard to find :D

ronaldson
04-12-2022, 12:15 PM
They do not take bookings for happy hour attendance. As I recall from last time, there is a balcony/open air area outside and I will seek to commandeer a table for us to congregate. If numbers expand, we will have to try to assume control of another contiguous one.

We will put a small compact folded up bright blue umbrella on top of the table to assist folk locating us (if no room outside, then inside somewhere). Otherwise just ask.

ronaldson
04-12-2022, 07:00 PM
Well, that's done and dusted for 2022. Attendance 7, including five posters on the forum, with Beagle in particularly good form. Quite a few dozen oysters made their mark, too.

If we repeat the exercise next December as wished, we will know whose opinions have prevailed!

Good luck everyone.

alokdhir
04-12-2022, 07:21 PM
Well, that's done and dusted for 2022. Attendance 7, including five posters on the forum, with Beagle in particularly good form. Quite a few dozen oysters made their mark, too.

If we repeat the exercise next December as wished, we will know whose opinions have prevailed!

Good luck everyone.

For us who did not or couldn't attend ...Let us know the different opinions in advance over here ...so that we can also know who has still got it ...lol :p