PDA

View Full Version : BAS

tracker
17-10-2004, 01:30 PM
ok guys heres one for the record
a relatively new float,originally floated late last month at 20 strike
Patterson Ord minnett floated this off, with little fan fare,BUT look at it now
To the best of my knowledge insto buying out of a number of firms have kept this from retracing (read allowing me to buy the retrace NOT)
good vol, quality buying etc , it kinda reminds me of HDR in the early days, so in my op well worth a look
actively drilling atm , found gas allready seems to be headed ok
Hard to read chart wise as not enough data,depth and vol say it all
Stops as always
tracker

Packersoldkidney
17-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Busy program coming up for the oilers, Track - and crude price heading north to 60 US.

tracker
17-10-2004, 01:43 PM
hey pok
I knew this one was coming on , yet because not a familiar code etc just dropped off radar even tho good friend is in heavily from float you know those "sophisticated investor BS types lol)
anywho, they look ok, and he guys at POM are very positive on this one, and all took whatever they could PA to the best of my knowledge
looking forward to the retrace lol
yeah right
tracker

tracker
20-10-2004, 08:54 AM
well the retrace that didnt happen (got cutesy and decided it will come below 33 lol
nice finish
something cooking, and well worth looking at
lots of accumulation etc
trade well
stops as always
tracker

tracker
20-10-2004, 01:11 PM
well i hope someone is enjoying the ride lol
tracker

CAM
20-10-2004, 01:15 PM
I believe Coaster has some....with a target of 50c....can't quite see his grin form this far away...lol

tracker
21-10-2004, 03:21 PM
man oh man
thats all i have to say
tracker

Coaster
21-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Tracker,

Yes, it's been a good little run recently. I too have been waiting for the retrace that never happened and am still kicking myself for not looking at the prospectus when the company was having its IPO.

Had to pay up today to complete my position.

As Cam mentioned I've got a target of 50c on it for towards the end of December, but judging be the pricing of NXS there is plenty more upside possible.

Coaster
(disc: hold BAS)

tracker
25-10-2004, 10:49 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm
was that the retrace lol
might have been lucky to pick some up at 40 if luck enough
still looking mighty fine
coaster wil ya sell some so as I can buy?????
how bout an off market at say 29 where i wanted lol
have a great one and make a fortune
tracker

Coaster
25-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Here it is now,
question is how far?

I'll sell you as many as you want at 129 Tracker :)

tracker
26-10-2004, 06:36 AM
hopefully (for my sake ) i hope i cab score a better deal than that onmmarket
hopefully(for your sake), i never get the chance
make a bundle
tracker
word around the traps
this is next hdr in the making

slam
28-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Looking nice.
Manage to get in Tracker?
Pull back wasn't much but did form a small flag[8D]
Cheers
Slam

tracker
01-11-2004, 08:59 PM
38 was it guys
dipped my toe in a little , and was sure id get a few cheaper
yeah RIGHT
glad to see you guys making miney(I am not making it on this one as I would like in other words)
have a good time with this one
tracker

Coaster
02-11-2004, 05:24 AM
At least you've got some...

Looks like NXS drilling will be brought foward.

tracker
02-11-2004, 05:43 AM
not enough at all didnt even get 1/4 of line
good trading hoope it goes to a buck or more for you
interested how would you know from ipo what to do, I mean a prospectus , dunno just how to go about it, in that its just one big gloss how does one decipher the gloss from the cr@p????
have a good one
tracker
ps coaster you have email om ST email account
take care

Coaster
02-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Hi Tracker,

A person more on to it than I was that month would have:
1) Got the prospectus before the issue closed (oouch[xx(])
2) Saw the size of the Zane Grey prospect and where is was located.
3) Compared it to NXS (which is quite similar)
4) Ran a few calcs
5) Mortgaged the house
6) Shifted in the spare room
7) Started praying

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing...

I got your email (and the last one too) and replied to both when I got them. If you didn't get a reply from the one I sent this morning then drop me another line.
(PS you may have already done this but I'm away from my home computer so can't check email)

Watching in the West
Coaster

tracker
02-11-2004, 08:02 AM
careful, this just might be taken that i am trying to recruit you to the stolli fan club
have a great day
tracker

Coaster
02-11-2004, 09:51 AM
;)

Packersoldkidney
02-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Well done Tracker and Coaster, and anyone else into this one. Cruising up nicely. What exactly is it that they're drilling for? Gas targets or oil, or a combination? Good picking, guys and gals. :)

tracker
02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
well all i can say is
"oh CR@P"
tracker

Packersoldkidney
02-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Shysenhousa. If it were in the Cup it would be 10 lengths ahead.

tracker
03-11-2004, 05:42 AM
yeah well
lol
tracker

Coaster
03-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Must be due for another retracement Tracker?

stolwyk
03-11-2004, 08:04 AM
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/javachart/javachart.asp?symb=au%3Abas&time=8&freq=1

STO=100!

Coaster
03-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Gerry,

Is that the Stochastic indicator at 100% or the Stolwyk indicator at 100% ;)

But seriously, it opened high and is below yesterdays close - are we looking at a reversal day???

C.

stolwyk
03-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Hi Coaster,

Nice one: you are right on both counts.

Don't know, I am not that skilled. It could muddle along trying to find a new base perhaps.

Sofar, it hasn't covered any more gaps. Don't know what will happen if there is no news coming through for some time.

Cheers,

Gerry

Coaster
03-11-2004, 01:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by stolwyk

Don't know what will happen if there is no news coming through for some time.

Yep - that's the tricky bit. People are talking nothing until mid-December. No doubt they will be watching NXS.

Coaster
(disc: hold BAS)

stolwyk
03-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Not too good then, perhaps.

Gerry

tracker
04-11-2004, 04:56 AM
hey coaster well picked the high, then the bounce,and then got cold feet and sold
just wasnt sure, and hesitated, so bet it goes to a buck now lol
have a great one
tracker

slam
24-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Looks like it may run again
Cheers
Slam

slam
26-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Carried on up yesterday with some good vol and biggish buys.
AGM today and someone wants them;)
Cheers
Slam

slam
26-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Nice bounce;)
You get on these tracker?
Cheers
Slam

slam
02-12-2004, 04:30 PM
off again:)
Cheers
Slam

Coaster
02-12-2004, 07:25 PM
It was on the NXS find - looked weaker earlier in the day.

slam
02-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Cheers Coaster
Was out of the office most of the day and missed that one.
Slam

Packersoldkidney
19-01-2005, 12:54 PM
For some reason I'm much more confident on Zane Grey then what I was on Grayling - is anyone going to sit through the drill on this, maybe on a free carry? Or have you all sold out as per usual? Downside more than what was for Nexus and Grayling, but effectively this is an appraisal well, and not a wildcat. Spud date not to far off, but if the scoping is off and she dusts, back to 30 she goes.

bermuda
19-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Bought them for my daughter at 34 cents.Told her if the drill fails we will be back to square one.She says hold and something tells me this is going to be the right decision.Will be an interesting drill and full of pretty good potential with below average risk.A 1:3 drill chance imho.

Packersoldkidney
19-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Sounds like she's new to trading. She's probably breaking a golden rule of junior oiler investing, but I hope beginners luck pulls her through, because if it does the gains will be pretty handy. Plus Dad will be in for a schmicko birthday present this year if it comes through with the goods.

Coaster
20-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi PoK,

I agree that ZaneGrey should be a better chnace than Grayling. You've only got to look at its situation and the fact that a well on the structure flank found oil shows.
That said it's not a gimme.

Coaster

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Well its all or nothing for BAS now.

After umpteen delays the company will have to shoulder some of the bill from the drilling (I'm led to believe), which now would be a rather large one. The last report had the drilling about 200 metres above the first target zone, after they had lost the drill bit and had to cement in part of the hole, and retrack back up to try again.

This means they will now be travelling extra slow just to make sure there are no mistakes. The current share price is around the mid 50's - if its a duster I don't think it will see itself above half that area for some time. In other words I think it will struggle to get out of the 20's for some time.

However, if the Zane is a goer, and remember this well is not strictly a wild cat - the upside will be big. I'm not going to put a figure on it but certain brokers have and their mark ups are substantial.

This is the reason I'm staying in: the reward/risk on this thing sits happily with me. Though I guess I'll be less happy if the Zane is a duster!

Packersoldkidney
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Right on cue: up 8 cents today. A real no-brainer for a short term trade - but I've promised myself to stay through until the results are released to market. Meaning I'll be seriously out of pocket or seriously in the money sometime early next week. There might be an ann. tomorrow, or even late today, but I think with all the problems its more likely to be Monday.

We'll see, we'll see.

Packersoldkidney
10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Gadzooks, it appears there may be viscous black liquid down that there 'ole.

Packersoldkidney
11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Out today at 76. Thank you very much BAS, nice knowin' yer.

It's undecided on the success or not of the Zane - and I haven't really liked the ann. I've seen, so I had to exit.

Good luck to those that still hold.

Packersoldkidney
14-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Zane 'non-commercial'! BAS smackdown underway.

Tomahawk
14-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Ouch.

Wonder what else they have in the pipeline...
Gilbert perhaps?

Packersoldkidney
14-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Whatever is in the pipeline, I can tell you it aint oil.

bull....
14-03-2005, 04:36 PM
One hell off a mighty fall guess the chart breakout sucked a few in luckly was out at 40c way to early of course but lucky in hind sight.

tracker
15-03-2005, 05:32 AM
sell of the century POK
nice job
beatiful trade
and yeah VERY ugly
tracker
stops as always
(not that it would have helped here

Packersoldkidney
15-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Luck, Tracker. But I'll take it. Feel very sorry for those who stayed right through.

tracker
16-03-2005, 06:06 AM
yeah i know heaps who literally lost bucket loads
and are still holding with the : whats the point of selling down here attitude etc
so yeah
tracker
looking for a bounce this morn per 3 day rule so see how it works out
normally i would have bought yest arvo on bounce and held over to see BUT the whole market was so "iffy" the whole day I decided to leave it for this morn and I bet I regret it, you know the tried and proven etc
have a great day
stops as always
tracker

Moonshine
15-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Renewed interest at the moment, and good entry point at these prices (19c odd)... but bound to encounter plenty of resistance along the way following the catastrophic fall in March.

Probably a loooonnnnnng slloooooooowwwww ride.

Oiler
22-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Renewed interest at the moment, and good entry point at these prices (19c odd)... but bound to encounter plenty of resistance along the way following the catastrophic fall in March.

Probably a loooonnnnnng slloooooooowwwww ride.

Looks to be renewed interest again in BAS. :D The ride is UP UP UP at the moment.

Crypto Crude
06-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey oiler,
I think its time to look at BAS again...
Definately buying opportunities at current prices...
3c average long term a steal...
Geoff Albers Formed companies -> MOG, CUE, MEO, BAS...
we saw what MOG did when it got drill ready status... 2c to 30c...
BAS has some pretty big potential for farmin news with niche permits in Gippsland basin...
Windermere seismic results in June could see the company start to turnaround, so maybe wait a few more weeks to see what the market does...
Cant go wrong at 3c entry for a long term hold...

Investment of 1-2 years shoud see substantial returns based on farmout and drill ready status of prospect---> 15cent BAS...
;)
.^sc