PDA

View Full Version : Offline tomorrow at lunchtime.

Vince
19-12-2022, 05:31 PM
Folks,

Tomorrow at lunchtime the site will not be available for a couple of hours.

Just going to be replacing the hamster that powers the generator wheel which in-turn powers the commodore 64 power-pack which runs the site. The old hamster is going to retire and taking a trip to Fiji to catch up with family.

Good old Andy Pandy will enjoy it.

Anyways don't panic too much there's still a few things to do outside like mow the lawns or take the dog for a walk instead of looking at a computer.

BTW, try not to post after 11:45am as it'll disappear until the new hamster takes the helm.

Vince

troyvdh
19-12-2022, 06:39 PM
Cheers mate.

Habits
19-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Thanks I hope it goes well

davflaws
19-12-2022, 10:57 PM
Thank you Vince - appreciate the heads up.

fungus pudding
20-12-2022, 09:03 AM
Folks,

Just going to be replacing the hamster that powers the generator wheel which in-turn powers the commodore 64 power-pack which runs the site. The old hamster is going to retire and taking a trip to Fiji to catch up with family.

Anyways don't panic too much there's still a few things to do outside like mow the lawns or take the dog for a walk instead of looking at a computer.

BTW, try not to post after 11:45am as it'll disappear until the new hamster takes the helm.

Vince

Time to put the hamster down, humanely of course. Go solar.

whatsup
20-12-2022, 09:42 AM
Folks,

Vince

Does the hamster still get air points ?

alokdhir
21-12-2022, 08:27 AM
Not fully restored imo ...page not loading fully !!!

21-12-2022, 09:03 AM
All loading for me. Using Safari.

Rawz
21-12-2022, 09:08 AM

Delete your cache and eat your cookies

alokdhir
21-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Delete your cache and eat your cookies

Had done all those regular things before posting ...using Safari too ...Can be used thats how I am still posting but if u see the top address space of this page ...it shows not fully loaded ...maybe some parts of it not loading thru ...maybe some additional links etc

stoploss
21-12-2022, 09:56 AM
Seems to be faster for me on Chrome.

Vince
21-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Had done all those regular things before posting ...using Safari too ...Can be used thats how I am still posting but if u see the top address space of this page ...it shows not fully loaded ...maybe some parts of it not loading thru ...maybe some additional links etc

Try using Firefox or Chrome with the ABP (Add block pro) extension installed. Safari is always a pain.

alokdhir
21-12-2022, 10:20 AM
Try using Firefox or Chrome with the ABP (Add block pro) extension installed. Safari is always a pain.

Thanks for your suggestion mate ...though it was working very fine before this upgrade !

Now the links below the individual post ...left side are failing to load ....no big deal

Baa_Baa
21-12-2022, 10:39 AM

It's working fine on Safari for me, full site and mobile, didn't have to clear cache or cookies, only had to login again. Seems to be a bit quicker response times as well.

:)

Onemootpoint
21-12-2022, 10:55 AM
On Safari; mobile and desktop. Seems to be working fine. Response time appears faster but haven’t specifically measured that.

bull....
21-12-2022, 10:58 AM

your not alone same me , on chrome not displaying full page

Rawz
21-12-2022, 11:04 AM
one thing i have noticed is when i click onto a thread it use to take me to the last post i read.
Now it takes me to the last post on the thread and i have to scroll back to where i last finished reading.

allfromacell
21-12-2022, 11:12 AM
If you're having issues try a hard refresh of the page which will clear any cache, to do this press control + F5.

Vince
21-12-2022, 11:16 AM
one thing i have noticed is when i click onto a thread it use to take me to the last post i read.
Now it takes me to the last post on the thread and i have to scroll back to where i last finished reading.
Click on markets > NZX > scroll down to thread display options and change those.

Vince
21-12-2022, 11:25 AM
your not alone same me , on chrome not displaying full page
On chrome. Click the padlock on the address bar > Site settings > Click Clear data > Click Reset permissions

alokdhir
21-12-2022, 01:06 PM
All good now on its own ...maybe my computer has AI built in...it learnt how to load full pages ...lol

bull....
21-12-2022, 01:15 PM
On chrome. Click the padlock on the address bar > Site settings > Click Clear data > Click Reset permissions

cool all good thx