PDA

View Full Version : Jacinda resigns!

davflaws
19-01-2023, 01:30 PM
The doomsayers were right! Ardern has resigned! No news on UN appointment so far.

Balance
19-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Good riddance to garbage.

Crypto Crude
19-01-2023, 02:04 PM
Great news...
Although,
I'm afraid nothing will change ... national or labour it's the same outcome ... same climate change, same covid response, same lockdowns, same vaccines... same level of destruction... nothing ever changes we just go back and forward between the two parties...

blackcap
19-01-2023, 02:23 PM
So in December, that woman proudly states when asked by media, I have no intention of resigning, I want to fight and win the election.... hang on, another of her lies!
She can't help herself.

ratkin
19-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Sunk the country with excessive lockdowns, now bailing out of her own mess, leaving us to pay the cost.

iceman
19-01-2023, 03:35 PM
A great way to start the year.

nztx
19-01-2023, 03:39 PM
Good riddance to garbage.

still plenty more to be biffed out yet .. the process could extend into early next year :)

JBmurc
19-01-2023, 03:51 PM
She made her millions ...knows her time is done ...one of the most hated PMs in NZs history never was going be elected again .

FUTURE. she did visit 'Blackrock" last year .....Klaus Schwab says the world will no longer be run by superpowers like America… it will be run by the World Economic Forum stakeholders, such as Blackrock ....I'd say WEF or UN , WHO will take Jacinda

https://twitter.com/Resist_05/status/1615454659791179776?s=20&t=LeeMYJMiPWt0AP0kgCfJjQ

Blackrock>>

https://twitter.com/Bigbird32392741/status/1613826463593295872?s=20&t=LeeMYJMiPWt0AP0kgCfJjQ

Crypto Crude
19-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Jbmurc
These days you don't have to win elections to win elections

RupertBear
19-01-2023, 04:12 PM
She made her millions ...knows her time is done ...one of the most hated PMs in NZs history never was going be elected again .

FUTURE. she did visit 'Blackrock" last year .....Klaus Schwab says the world will no longer be run by superpowers like America… it will be run by the World Economic Forum stakeholders, such as Blackrock ....I'd say WEF or UN , WHO will take Jacinda

https://twitter.com/Resist_05/status/1615454659791179776?s=20&t=LeeMYJMiPWt0AP0kgCfJjQ

Blackrock>>

https://twitter.com/Bigbird32392741/status/1613826463593295872?s=20&t=LeeMYJMiPWt0AP0kgCfJjQ

What makes you think she is one of the most hated PMs in NZ history??

I would have said the opposite, she appears to have been immensely popular both here in NZ and overseas.

blackcap
19-01-2023, 04:13 PM

I would have said the opposite, she appears to have been immensely popular both here in NZ and overseas.

She is hated. Without her protection, she will most likely not be able to live in NZ safely.

That said, which country is she going to reside in?

nztx
19-01-2023, 04:14 PM

the "have been" might be the opposite in 6-8 months time as economic conditions and instability morphs ;)

RupertBear
19-01-2023, 04:24 PM
the "have been" might be the opposite in 6-8 months time as economic conditions and instability morphs ;)

yes quite possibly, but I think labelling her as one of the most hated PMs in NZ history is extremely harsh. I realise there are a lot of Jacinda haters on ST but there are plenty of supporters out there who will be sad to see her go

JBmurc
19-01-2023, 04:32 PM

So you know people at present that like her leadership and direction she and her merry muppets have lead the country ?? .. I've yet to talk to one in person or hear more that a few select special cases Talkback radio that would vote for her again ...

RupertBear
19-01-2023, 05:29 PM
So you know people at present that like her leadership and direction she and her merry muppets have lead the country ?? .. I've yet to talk to one in person or hear more that a few select special cases Talkback radio that would vote for her again ...

Yes I do know people who like her leadership and yes I do know people who would vote for her again. That being said while I think she has been an exceptional leader during some exceptionally challenging times I would not have voted for her again. I believe, as I think many others do as well, its time for a change. That does not mean people hate her although I accept some people do

fungus pudding
19-01-2023, 05:33 PM

What pray tell is the opposite of 'have been'?

nztx
19-01-2023, 05:46 PM
What pray tell is the opposite of 'have been'?

I think Rupert understands what was posted - so I will leave it to him to answer that one :)

tim23
19-01-2023, 05:52 PM
She is hated. Without her protection, she will most likely not be able to live in NZ safely.

Hated is rather strong maybe by you but not by me or many other reasonable NZers.

tim23
19-01-2023, 05:53 PM
Maybe you need to check your hearing and widen your circle of acquaintances😀

nztx
19-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Maybe you need to check your hearing and widen your circle of acquaintances��

he might be perfectly happy not to, after seeing the the termites in action on Labour's front bench ;)

the gardens outside didn't fare much better .. who needs enemies or in some camps - 'friends' as they might be termed ? ;)

Balance
19-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Yes I do know people who like her leadership and yes I do know people who would vote for her again. That being said while I think she has been an exceptional leader during some exceptionally challenging times I would not have voted for her again. I believe, as I think many others do as well, it’s time for a change. That does not mean people hate her although I accept some people do

Hate?

I would use the words ‘anger’ and ‘disgust’.

And rightly so - given how much BS snd spin which came out of her mouth over 5 years.

Be kind.

Most transparent government ever.

100,000 Kiwibuild homes.

One source of truth.

Bad enough she is useless and clueless - unforgivable she lied and lied.

RupertBear
19-01-2023, 06:42 PM
Hate?

I would use the words ‘anger’ and ‘disgust’.

And rightly so - given how much BS snd spin which came out of her mouth over 5 years.

Be kind.

Most transparent government ever.

100,000 Kiwibuild homes.

One source of truth.

Bad enough she is useless and clueless - unforgivable she lied and lied.

Yes I agree some people are angry with her leadership but rightly or wrongly I believe a lot of people are grateful for how she has handled some very challenging situations.

I dont for a minute think she is useless and clueless but not surprised you think that.

I think she is extremely clever and has exceptional communication skills. She is very much respected around the world and will do well in whatever she chooses to do. Good luck to her.

RupertBear
19-01-2023, 06:47 PM

Golly gosh are you implying she is hated so much by some people here they would resort to harming her?

Geepers I certainly hope that does not happen

Balance
19-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Yes I agree some people are angry with her leadership but rightly or wrongly I believe a lot of people are grateful for how she has handled some very challenging situations.

I dont for a minute think she is useless and clueless but not surprised you think that.

I think she is extremely clever and has exceptional communication skills. She is very much respected around the world and will do well in whatever she chooses to do. Good luck to her.

Agree with you 100% she is extremely clever with using her exceptional communication skill to BS NZers into believing she was going to deliver on the huge promises she made to get elected.

So where is her communication skills in the last 2 years after the 2020 election? Takes a special kind of clueless to lose all that popularity in 2 years.

She leaves behind a socially & racially divided NZ poorer and struggling after her 'leadership'.

Good riddance to her and whoever/whichever is dumb enough to employ her next better pray they do not reap the bad karma she brings with her lies and spin.

She knows she is going to get turfed out comes Oct 2023 so she jumped.

AS one commentator noted - Ardern is like the Captain of the Titanic who decided to jump ship with the only lifeboat available after she disastrously destroyed all the other lifeboats along with the Titanic.

Balance
19-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Golly gosh are you implying she is hated so much by some people here they would resort to harming her?

Geepers I certainly hope that does not happen

She reaps what she sows.

tim23
19-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Agree with you 100% she is extremely clever with using her exceptional communication skill to BS NZers into believing she was going to deliver on the huge promises she made to get elected.

So where is her communication skills in the last 2 years after the 2020 election? Takes a special kind of clueless to lose all that popularity in 2 years.

She leaves behind a socially & racially divided NZ poorer and struggling after her 'leadership'.

Good riddance to her and whoever/whichever is dumb enough to employ her next better pray they do not reap the bad karma she brings with her lies and spin.

She knows she is going to get turfed out comes Oct 2023 so she jumped.

AS one commentator noted - Ardern is like the Captain of the Titanic who decided to jump ship with the only lifeboat available after she disastrously destroyed all the other lifeboats along with the Titanic.

Typically your last paragraph makes no sense - suggest you and your haters take a leaf out of Simon Bridges comments - they are really good taste😀

Balance
19-01-2023, 08:26 PM
Typically your last paragraph makes no sense - suggest you and your haters take a leaf out of Simon Bridges comments - they are really good taste😀

And you think it is good taste for Ardern to lie and spin as she did in the last 5 years to NZers?

She is all set for her plum posting with the UN or some. Other cushy number before she gets turfed out & lose her credibility.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131014676/jacinda-ardern-and-grant-robertson-just-conceded-the-election

Watch the rats deserting the sinking ship in the next 9 months before they become dog tucker.

So very very very satisfying.

JBmurc
19-01-2023, 10:07 PM

Well the Labour Govt Blew $72,000,000,000 on COVID mostly lining the pockets of Phama giants and very wealthy NZ Businesses (which we still have no knowledge of the contracts signed up for) ... Didn't deliver on any of the election promises of both elections ... and now well before end of term is doing the runner after making her profile and Millions of kickbacks...

IMHO it like she knows her govt have made a right mess off it and its only going get worse going into Winter23 and they will get hammered at the election ...she doesn't want to tarnish her global image anymore than necessary Kiwis be damned ... her Party certainly was shocked she dropped them today

Balance
19-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Well the Labour Govt Blew $72,000,000,000 on COVID mostly lining the pockets of Phama giants and very wealthy NZ Businesses (which we still have no knowledge of the contracts signed up for) ... Didn't deliver on any of the election promises of both elections ... and now well before end of term is doing the runner after making her profile and Millions of kickbacks...

IMHO it like she knows her govt have made a right mess off it and its only going get worse going into Winter23 and they will get hammered at the election ...she doesn't want to tarnish her global image anymore than necessary Kiwis be damned ... her Party certainly was shocked she dropped them today

And she announced that she is resigning for her family

while

with the same breath, said the Labour Party & her MPs are family!

The clueless spin mistress knows no shame.

Balance
19-01-2023, 10:59 PM
On 31 October 2022 Jacinda told Melissa Chan-Green on the AM Show that she has no plans to step down, saying - "I've heard this. This rumour has floated around my entire time five years in Government. I have no plans to change my role as leader, I am not going anywhere. I've said this on the show a number of times."

Today's announcement also reminds me of Jacinda's memorable words from 19 March 2020 when she said re Covid - "We will continue to be your single source of truth and we will provide information frequently. We will share everything we can. Everything else you see [take with] a grain of salt."

nztx
19-01-2023, 11:33 PM
Hope the Paycheck from the new outfit is commensurate to said abilities or lack thereof ;)

A large price might be extracted for familiar ring tones of everything full steam ahead
while in reality things are sailing backwards by at least the same velocity :)

iceman
20-01-2023, 12:07 AM

I disagree ! Her popularity locally and overseas is now being shown what it was, a complete waste of time !,

See you Jacinda. I wish you well for your private life, but will never forgive you for the damage you did to NZ

tim23
20-01-2023, 02:32 PM
On 31 October 2022 Jacinda told Melissa Chan-Green on the AM Show that she has no plans to step down, saying - "I've heard this. This rumour has floated around my entire time five years in Government. I have no plans to change my role as leader, I am not going anywhere. I've said this on the show a number of times."

Today's announcement also reminds me of Jacinda's memorable words from 19 March 2020 when she said re Covid - "We will continue to be your single source of truth and we will provide information frequently. We will share everything we can. Everything else you see [take with] a grain of salt."

You ever changed your mind?

Balance
20-01-2023, 02:48 PM
You ever changed your mind?

I do not lie like Clueless Cindy. One source of truth? She is a pathological liar and spin merchant.

westerly
20-01-2023, 03:24 PM

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/482761/the-hatred-and-vitriol-jacinda-ardern-endured-would-affect-anybody

westerly

tim23
20-01-2023, 03:31 PM
I do not lie like Clueless Cindy. One source of truth? She is a pathological liar and spin merchant.

Hilarious and you expect any reasonable person on this forum to believe YOU?😀

Aaron
20-01-2023, 03:46 PM
...knows her time is done ...one of the most hated PMs in NZs history never was going be elected again .

What a load of bollocks. When was the last preferred Prime Minister poll done? The last one I recall was in December 2022 where Chris Luxon closed the gap With Jacinda Ardern. Admittedly he is not yet prime minister so I guess you could argue currently Jacinda is the currently the most hated PM in NZ, but also the most admired and respected. The polls would say more people admire and respect her than any other contenders, although being the incumbent must help. What basis for the "in NZs history" claim do you have or is it just part of the pile on of bull**** being produced on these threads.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/latest-political-poll-jacinda-ardern-managing-expectations-ahead-of-poll/UYKCDGTKCBADZDKAWECMCZPNCQ/

Jacinda Ardern’s preferred prime minister ranking is on 29 per cent, with Christopher Luxon on 23, closing the gap with Ardern.

You should get off the internet and out more a lot of hate for Jacinda on this site but I was hearing that nasty bilious crap was generated by only a small minority online but amplified by social media.

Stop sounding like an incel.

Save the embellishments for ramping stocks.

Aaron
20-01-2023, 04:14 PM

Yes because of people like David Anthony Ruck.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/300783320/pkeh-party-founder-sentenced-for-youtube-video-threat-against-ardern

If that is the crowd you like to align with and the views you support, good on you.

At least Balance has a party to vote for now.

It is sad because I suspect not everyone is like David Anthony Ruck but from the hate and crap on these political threads a lot of people on here start to sound like him.

Balance
20-01-2023, 06:04 PM
What a load of bollocks. When was the last preferred Prime Minister poll done? The last one I recall was in December 2022 where Chris Luxon closed the gap With Jacinda Ardern. Admittedly he is not yet prime minister so I guess you could argue currently Jacinda is the currently the most hated PM in NZ, but also the most admired and respected. The polls would say more people admire and respect her than any other contenders, although being the incumbent must help. What basis for the "in NZs history" claim do you have or is it just part of the pile on of bull**** being produced on these threads.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/latest-political-poll-jacinda-ardern-managing-expectations-ahead-of-poll/UYKCDGTKCBADZDKAWECMCZPNCQ/

Jacinda Ardern’s preferred prime minister ranking is on 29 per cent, with Christopher Luxon on 23, closing the gap with Ardern.

You should get off the internet and out more a lot of hate for Jacinda on this site but I was hearing that nasty bilious crap was generated by only a small minority online but amplified by social media.

Stop sounding like an incel.

Save the embellishments for ramping stocks.

Obviously did not read the latest poll which has more NZers against the Clueless one than view her favourably for the first time.

As she sowed, she reaped.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131023687/poll-taken-before-pms-resignation-saw-arderns-favourability-rate-slide-into-negative-territory

Karma is a bitch.

Balance
20-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Hilarious and you expect any reasonable person on this forum to believe YOU?��

Tells more about you than about me.

Very very very satisfying to out poseurs like you & of course, Ardern.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1659039253531-7TJA8KL8IJL4SM4ZV8EB/puppet.jpg?format=500w

jonu
20-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Tells more about you than about me.

Very very very satisfying to out poseurs like you & of course, Ardern.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1659039253531-7TJA8KL8IJL4SM4ZV8EB/puppet.jpg?format=500w

Cindy's acolytes are hurting Balance. Be kind.

Something Sean Plunkett picked up on....Ardern had no business setting the election date before she walked out the door. What the hell was that about?
Plunkett and some Oz commentators I have noted, have rightly pointed out that Ardern has been extremely selfish in her departure. She leaves no succession plan and a Party screwed over by her own internal disciplinary and policy failures, particularly with regard to the Maoris caucus. Why do they even have a Maori caucus?

tim23
20-01-2023, 06:20 PM
By 1% point you drongo - hardly overwhelming

davflaws
20-01-2023, 06:28 PM

I think this is a very dangerous post and that you should remove it.

Whether what you say is true is a side issue, and I hope you are wrong, but the important issue for me is the effect of your post.

Whether you intended it that way or not, the post normalises the idea that politicians are targets. Even if we haven't yet succumbed to the madness we see oveseas, I think speculating publically that a politician is so hated that it is likely someone will try to harm her just makes it more likely.

tim23
20-01-2023, 06:34 PM
I concur - see my comment re another objectionable Thread - it’s deplorable.

davflaws
20-01-2023, 06:38 PM
She reaps what she sows.

Nah - we need to stop this . This sort of posting is actually dangerous.

Please join me in stating clearly and unequivocally that violence and threats of violence are not OK and that however strongly anyone feels about a politician, raising the temperature by talking about violence as "reaping what is sown" is a mistake.

blackcap
20-01-2023, 06:39 PM
I think this is a very dangerous post and that you should remove it.

Whether what you say is true is a side issue, and I hope you are wrong, but the important issue for me is the effect of your post.

Whether you intended it that way or not, the post normalises the idea that politicians are targets. Even if we haven't yet succumbed to the madness we see oveseas, I think speculating publically that a politician is so hated that it is likely someone will try to harm her just makes it more likely.

I should have qualified my post. I was just stating a fact, rather than encouraging anything. In fact reading my post I do not state that polititians should be targets. That is waht you have done. That said, I thought about it after I posted it and should have used different wording because hated is not correct. Polarising is probably the better word. She is hated but also loved by many. Probably more to the extremes any politician in NZ has ever been. Key was polarising and certainly hated and there were songs calling for the rape of his daughter etc. But he was also loved.

Jacinda too is even more extreme in the emotion that runs deep both ways. I wish no harm on her whatsoever and would never do anything at all to harm her. I was just stating a fact and we all know it, there are people out there that do wish her harm and that will make her life difficult in NZ. Heck it was already difficult with her protection detail. Going to be nigh on impossible post that.

justakiwi
20-01-2023, 06:42 PM
I 100% agree.

Please join me in stating clearly and unequivocally that violence and threats of violence are not OK and that however strongly anyone feels about a politician, raising the temperature by talking about violence as "reaping what is sown" is a mistake.

tim23
20-01-2023, 06:44 PM
I 100% agree.

Me too - it’s time to push back at the hatred on this site - it’s ugly and pathetic.

Panda-NZ-
20-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Jacinda too is even more extreme in the emotion that runs deep both ways. I wish no harm on her whatsoever and would never do anything at all to harm her. I was just stating a fact and we all know it, there are people out there that do wish her harm and that will make her life difficult in NZ. Heck it was already difficult with her protection detail. Going to be nigh on impossible post that.

I'm sure the NZ police are more than capable unless National defunds them again.

RupertBear
20-01-2023, 06:56 PM

I also agree, well said thank you

tim23
20-01-2023, 07:42 PM
I should have qualified my post. I was just stating a fact, rather than encouraging anything. In fact reading my post I do not state that polititians should be targets. That is waht you have done. That said, I thought about it after I posted it and should have used different wording because hated is not correct. Polarising is probably the better word. She is hated but also loved by many. Probably more to the extremes any politician in NZ has ever been. Key was polarising and certainly hated and there were songs calling for the rape of his daughter etc. But he was also loved.

OMG - what a nervous guilty post - you say you should not use hated and then you use it in your next sentence- unbelievable.

JBmurc
20-01-2023, 07:57 PM

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said, "We will continue to be your single source of truth, unless you hear it from us, it is not the truth."

Did Benito Mussolini who said, "Everything in the State, Nothing outside the State, Nothing against the State." also try his best?

JACINDA did here job interview several months ago with "Blackrock" ...the company that has the largest holdings in Media / Phama / military in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOlx83zqhG0

justakiwi
20-01-2023, 08:01 PM
With all due respect, because I know where you're coming from .... I think you should accept blackcap's clarification in the light it was intended. Let's not create tension where there doesn't need to be any. There is more than enough right now.

OMG - what a nervous guilty post - you say you should not use hated and then you use it in your next sentence- unbelievable.

tim23
20-01-2023, 08:08 PM
I get it but I re- read Blackcaps so called apology - it’s hollow and insincere for me and it’s I’m sorry but…one swallow doesn’t make a summer for me.

nztx
20-01-2023, 09:15 PM
I get it but I re- read Blackcaps so called apology - it’s hollow and insincere for me and it’s I’m sorry but…one swallow doesn’t make a summer for me.

have you forgotten the 5 years of earlier swallowing ? ;)

tim23
20-01-2023, 09:18 PM
The doomsayers were right! Ardern has resigned! No news on UN appointment so far.

have you forgotten the 5 years of earlier swallowing ? ;)
Please explain- your post makes no sense.

blackcap
20-01-2023, 09:19 PM

Well yes hated. But also loved. So she was polarising. Thats it really. What have I to be quilty about? I just stated what I thought how she was viewed by others. I am not particularly fond of her myself as she has been a bare faced liar and deceiver. Duplicitous in nature and damaging for NZ. No I do not particularly like her. But I acknowledge there are plenty of people that like her and love her. Thats fine. We live in an open society where differing opinions are permissible. And that is great. Diversity of though is a good thing.

I was not actually apologising to davflaws, more clarifying that my post was intended as a statement of fact, not intending anyone to do anything. Violence is not the answer.

nztx
20-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Please explain- your post makes no sense.

neither do you :)

perhaps you meant davflaws instead ? :)

tim23
20-01-2023, 09:27 PM

Well yes hated. But also loved. So she was polarising. Thats it really. What have I to be quilty about? I just stated what I thought how she was viewed by others. I am not particularly fond of her myself as she has been a bare faced liar and deceiver. Duplicitous in nature and damaging for NZ. No I do not particularly like her. But I acknowledge there are plenty of people that like her and love her. Thats fine. We live in an open society where differing opinions are permissible. And that is great. Diversity of though is a good thing.

I was not actually apologising to davflaws, more clarifying that my post was intended as a statement of fact, not intending anyone to do anything. Violence is not the answer.
You have no right to speak for what others may think - cricket doesn’t need you as a fan - you’re an embarrassment. I thought you had gone away but sadly you didn’t.

blackcap
21-01-2023, 06:59 AM
You have no right to speak for what others may think - cricket doesn’t need you as a fan - you’re an embarrassment. I thought you had gone away but sadly you didn’t.

I can say what I like, and hold any opinion that I like. That is the privilidge of living in a free country. The media is constantly speaking about what others may think. There is nothing incorrect in my post and it certainly is not mysoginistic as you like to state on another thread.

Piggy Muldoon was also polarising. He even came to blows with opponents. He was also loved by a certain segment of the population. But yeah he was constantly threatened as was John Key's family. Politics is a dirty game.

Jacinda is no different, just more polarising for whatever reason. Probably because society, due to social media and other influences, is becoming more polarising and that is not a good thing. We need to hold onto shared experiences and shared interests and not let the differences divide us.

It's an interesting observation I have with others, that my 2 best friends are rabid lefties (one a green voter the other a labour acolyte) but due to shared experiences and interests (outside of politics) we can get on very well. If I had met them in a forum we would probably be at each other hammer and tongs.

Anyway lets all celebrate that Jacinda is gone and all hail Nanaiah Mahuta as the new New Zealand PM!

Balance
21-01-2023, 07:41 AM
Jacinda Ardern, as captain of the Titanic after it has hit the ice, has said she does not have it in her to try and save the passengers, crew or ship and has taken the first lifeboat.

What a great leader she proved to be - NOT.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1660684758301-G6Z6CZU1IUYZYY25ECY2/cancel+culture.jpg?format=2500w

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1674161398135-IVQHM0RESK12KN2Q34KU/pot+plant.jpg?format=500w

Bjauck
21-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Jacinda Ardern, as captain of the Titanic after it has hit the ice, has said she does not have it in her to try and save the passengers, crew or ship and has taken the first lifeboat.

What a great leader she proved to be - NOT.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1660684758301-G6Z6CZU1IUYZYY25ECY2/cancel+culture.jpg?format=2500w

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1674161398135-IVQHM0RESK12KN2Q34KU/pot+plant.jpg?format=500w

Luckily in real life, the Crew of a ship or aeroplane are not voted in by the passengers and NZ has a professional civil service to keep things running! Also if some passengers had been threatening to execute or torture the Captain, they would have been silenced.

Balance
21-01-2023, 08:03 AM
Luckily in real life, the Crew of a Ship are not voted in by the passengers and NZ has a professional civil service to keep things running! Also if some of passengers had been threatening to execute or torture the Captain, they would have been jettisoned, no questions asked.

Precisely - which is why Useless Ardern decided to abandon ship before she gets guillotined at the polls come October 2023.

You know of course that Ardern never met a single voter (outside of the TV staged events) in the Hamilton by election and even worse, did not bother to turn up at all in the Tauranga by-election? That's how scared she was to be associated with losing.

She does not fool those of us who judge a leader by their DEEDS, not words. Words are cheap.

"It is not just her caucus Jacinda has abandoned. She has abandoned Labour’s activists, donors and voters - the supporters who had the right to expect her to at least fight for what she believes.

Then there are the voters of Mt Albert. The PM is cynically leaving them without an elected representative for six months."

Here's a prime example of the mess left behind for NZers as she abandons ship after championing co-governance :

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1674075665630-MR8JS3CE8Z7S7407B21N/Litter.jpg?format=500w

Bjauck
21-01-2023, 08:22 AM
Precisely - which is why Useless Ardern decided to abandon ship before she gets guillotined at the polls come October 2023.

You know of course that Ardern never met a single voter (outside of the TV staged events) in the Hamilton by election and even worse, did not bother to turn up at all in the Tauranga by-election? That's how scared she was to be associated with losing.

"It is not just her caucus Jacinda has abandoned. She has abandoned Labour’s activists, donors and voters - the supporters who had the right to expect her to at least fight for what she believes.

Then there are the voters of Mt Albert. The PM is cynically leaving them without an elected representative for six months." You do realise that NZ does not have a presidential election? We vote for MPs and in a general election our preferred Party. The Previous PM, who had been the Party leader at the previous general election time, John Key, also resigned while in office. English never was leader of a winning Party.

Balance
21-01-2023, 08:38 AM
You do realise that NZ does not have a presidential election? We vote for MPs and in a general election our preferred Party. The Previous PM, who had been the Party leader at the previous general election time, John Key, also resigned while in office. English never was leader of a winning Party.

Because Winston did the foul deed which he now says he regrets of picking Ardern & Labour instead of National.

Key handed over the reigns when National was polling high and he was still preferred PM by a country mile.

Not so Ardern.

fungus pudding
21-01-2023, 08:43 AM
Because Winston did the foul deed which he now says he regrets of picking Ardern & Labour instead of National.

Can you post a source for that comment please. I can't imagine Winston ever conceding to being wrong.

davflaws
21-01-2023, 08:53 AM
Jacinda is no different, just more polarising for whatever reason. Probably because society, due to social media and other influences, is becoming more polarising and that is not a good thing. We need to hold onto shared experiences and shared interests and not let the differences divide us.

Thank you for that. I suspect your leftie tree hugging friends may have got into your head (just a wee bit)!

Balance
21-01-2023, 08:57 AM
Can you post a source for that comment please. I can't imagine Winston ever conceding to being wrong.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/peters-severs-ties-with-nz-labour-lashes-ardern-20221122-p5c0ft.html

Bjauck
21-01-2023, 09:23 AM

Key handed over the reigns when National was polling high and he was still preferred PM by a country mile.

Not so Ardern.That’s the NZ system for you.

So more popular Key - in your words - didn’t abandon Party activists, donors and voters - by leaving them with A less popular leader? Who knows but Ardern’s replacement may improve Labour’s chances of getting a bigger vote.

With Ardern gone, it leaves open the possibility of Peters supporting Labour again, should he ever be in that position:ohmy:

Balance
21-01-2023, 09:32 AM
That’s the NZ system for you.

So more popular Key - in your words - didn’t abandon Party activists, donors and voters - by leaving them with A less popular leader? Who knows but Ardern’s replacement may improve Labour’s chances of getting a bigger vote.

Key left National when the party was in good shape and the proof is the 44% vote it polled in 2017.

Possibility indeed that Hipkins may improve Labour’s chances for as we know, many NZers are as gullible as they come - preferring words over deeds.

I say - bring on the election and let Labour stand on its record and agenda of the Maorification of NZ.

None of the ‘most transparent government ever’ while implementing hidden agendas.

jonu
21-01-2023, 09:36 AM
That’s the NZ system for you.

So more popular Key - in your words - didn’t abandon Party activists, donors and voters - by leaving them with A less popular leader? Who knows Ardern’s replacement may improve Labour’s chances of getting a bigger vote.

Key left a succession plan in place. I think NZ missed an opportunity with Bill English, but sadly a combination of Winnie's feud and a form of rot that had set in the wider Nats Party put paid to that, and left us with an ineffectual opposition for 4 years.

As the dust settles many of Ardern's gushing supportive commentators in media and politics will look forever foolish as the huge mess she leaves behind becomes more evident.

What Ardern has done is abandon ship and left the Labour party in a position where it will likely implode due to the free reign she gave the Maori caucus. She also hamstrung her successor by announcing the election date before walking out the door. She has left a bunch of broken policies half done that have sunk her party even if they abandon those policies.

History will show her to be an example of leadership failure in most respects, and also highlight the danger of vacuous charisma politics.

Bjauck
21-01-2023, 09:42 AM
Their Treaty policies in preference to some more basic traditional Labour policies may well be their undoing IMO.

Balance
21-01-2023, 09:52 AM
Their Treaty policies in preference to some more basic traditional Labour policies may well be their undoing IMO.

Ardern allowed herself to be beholden to the Maori cabal. She wanted power and wanted to stay in power so she needed to appease them for their support.

Basically, she ran out of spin and BS to cover and hide the hidden Maorification agenda - hence, ‘the tank is empty’ comment from the useless spin mistress.

Never thought she would run out of spin and BS but she thought she did!

tim23
21-01-2023, 11:50 AM

Key left a succession plan in place. I think NZ missed an opportunity with Bill English, but sadly a combination of Winnie's feud and a form of rot that had set in the wider Nats Party put paid to that, and left us with an ineffectual opposition for 4 years.

As the dust settles many of Ardern's gushing supportive commentators in media and politics will look forever foolish as the huge mess she leaves behind becomes more evident.

What Ardern has done is abandon ship and left the Labour party in a position where it will likely implode due to the free reign she gave the Maori caucus. She also hamstrung her successor by announcing the election date before walking out the door. She has left a bunch of broken policies half done that have sunk her party even if they abandon those policies.

History will show her to be an example of leadership failure in most respects, and also highlight the danger of vacuous charisma politics.

I suspect history will prove you wrong and will show Ardern to be a courageous PM - I think the change of PM is net positive for Labour.

nztx
21-01-2023, 11:58 AM
I feel sorry for davflaws - who our friend keeps on quoting in subsequent replies :)

jonu
21-01-2023, 12:09 PM
I suspect history will prove you wrong and will show Ardern to be a courageous PM - I think the change of PM is net positive for Labour.

What am I wrong about? Did Ardern leave a succession plan? Did she leave her party in a better place than the last election? Did she leave it with a suite of policies that will win them the next election? Did she hamstring her successor by naming the election date on her way out the door? (arrogance personified right there)

If her leaving is a nett positive in your view, you must have acknowledged that something is rotten in the State of Denmark and that Ardern was political poison, an albatross around the neck of Labour's hopes of winning the next election.

Bjauck
21-01-2023, 01:12 PM
What am I wrong about? Did Ardern leave a succession plan? Did she leave her party in a better place than the last election? Did she leave it with a suite of policies that will win them the next election? Did she hamstring her successor by naming the election date on her way out the door? (arrogance personified right there)

If her leaving is a nett positive in your view, you must have acknowledged that something is rotten in the State of Denmark and that Ardern was political poison, an albatross around the neck of Labour's hopes of winning the next election.

Churchill was UK PM during WW2 during which he kept morale up and helped forestall an invasion. Yet he was a liability for the British Conservative Party in the first election after the War had ended. So in similar vein, the right PM for a pandemic, may no longer be the right person for the job in the aftermath.

tim23
21-01-2023, 02:02 PM

Relax Motor mouth - we will have to wait won’t we for history to judge. You seem to also forget that she has helped Labour to form 2 governments when Labour were on their knees in 2017.

jonu
21-01-2023, 03:35 PM
Relax Motor mouth - we will have to wait won’t we for history to judge. You seem to also forget that she has helped Labour to form 2 governments when Labour were on their knees in 2017.

A motormouth would suggest I've said nothing of substance. There would be plenty to rebutt in my post if I wasn't stating facts, but clearly you can't respond with a substantive answer because what I have said is true.

Ardern had her strengths. I've said it before, she was the world's best press secretary. She had no idea when it came to formulating and implementing policy. She also let Mahuta run roughshod all over her. Mahuta is a playground bully with less clue than Ardern, but that's where she has left the Labour party. The Maori caucus in charge and a rout on the electoral horizon.

tim23
21-01-2023, 03:42 PM
A motormouth would suggest I've said nothing of substance. There would be plenty to rebutt in my post if I wasn't stating facts, but clearly you can't respond with a substantive answer because what I have said is true.

Ardern had her strengths. I've said it before, she was the world's best press secretary. She had no idea when it came to formulating and implementing policy. She also let Mahuta run roughshod all over her. Mahuta is a playground bully with less clue than Ardern, but that's where she has left the Labour party. The Maori caucus in charge and a rout on the electoral horizon.

Quite right you didn’t add anything of substance 😀

fungus pudding
22-01-2023, 07:47 AM
The party �� is over for - Ardern is nearly gone but keep on gloating - Hipkins is more of a threat this election than a tired Ardern would have been.

He is only more of a threat to National. To the rest of us he might be the best thing Labour have offered up for many years - especially if he brings in Kerre Allen as deputy.

tim23
22-01-2023, 09:22 AM
Finished sucking on mama tits?

That’s plain weird even for you - drinking this early on a Sunday is a bit sad 😞

Balance
22-01-2023, 09:28 AM
That’s plain weird even for you - drinking this early on a Sunday is a bit sad 😞

Obviously you have not stopped sucking yet. Mama is getting tired?

davflaws
22-01-2023, 10:44 AM
That’s plain weird even for you - drinking this early on a Sunday is a bit sad 

I know nothing of Balance's personal habits but I don't think feeding the troll is going to change his behavior. (I still get caught all the same!).

Aaron
23-01-2023, 10:43 AM
Obviously did not read the latest poll which has more NZers against the Clueless one than view her favourably for the first time.

As she sowed, she reaped.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131023687/poll-taken-before-pms-resignation-saw-arderns-favourability-rate-slide-into-negative-territory

Karma is a bitch.

I have now thanks for that. I would still question "the most hated PM in NZ" claim by JBmurc.

The article does not seem to support the claim.

Opposition leader Christopher Luxon was also on -1%, while ACT leader David Seymour was on -4%.

I applaud the Taxpayers Union for providing a bit of Balance in the article.

Also I apologies for suggesting you would vote for the Pakeha Party. Immediately after posting I realised you would never vote for a party with "Pakeha" in the name.

JBmurc
23-01-2023, 02:33 PM
I have now thanks for that. I would still question "the most hated PM in NZ" claim by JBmurc.

The article does not seem to support the claim.

Opposition leader Christopher Luxon was also on -1%, while ACT leader David Seymour was on -4%.

I applaud the Taxpayers Union for providing a bit of Balance in the article.

Also I apologies for suggesting you would vote for the Pakeha Party. Immediately after posting I realised you would never vote for a party with "Pakeha" in the name.

Jacinda Ardern will need 'more ongoing protection than any PM in NZ's history' - expert

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131034202/jacinda-ardern-will-need-more-ongoing-protection-than-any-pm-in-nzs-history--expert?cx_testId=7&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

Aaron
23-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Jacinda Ardern will need 'more ongoing protection than any PM in NZ's history' - expert

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/131034202/jacinda-ardern-will-need-more-ongoing-protection-than-any-pm-in-nzs-history--expert?cx_testId=7&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

Only because of a small number of extreme d*ckheads (maybe a couple on this site). Not because the general population hate her anymore than any other PM.

Unfortunately the internet means we get to hear about them, when once we would not have known they even exist. Don't forget the crazy anti-vaxxers who come across as very extreme.

I just thought "the mosted hated PM ever" claim seemed extreme. Still have not seen a compelling argument to support this statement.

Probably better to look to the future as Chris Hipkins recommends. Jacinda will not be around to enrage us anymore.

iceman
23-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Only because of a small number of extreme d*ckheads (maybe a couple on this site). Not because the general population hate her anymore than any other PM.

Unfortunately the internet means we get to hear about them, when once we would not have known they even exist. Don't forget the crazy anti-vaxxers who come across as very extreme.

I just thought "the mosted hated PM ever" claim seemed extreme. Still have not seen a compelling argument to support this statement.

Probably better to look to the future as Chris Hipkins recommends. Jacinda will not be around to enrage us anymore.

I respectfully disagree Aaron. I have never seen a PM more loathed and disrespected (sadly) than Jacinda. She has run a very divisive Government in turbulent times when inclusiveness was needed. She is reaping as she has sowed and it is not at all due to a "small number of dickheads" . Her and her Government assumed that last year and have finally realised the dissatisfaction and frustration with her is a lot broader than that. I'm surprised you haven't seen it !

Blue Skies
23-01-2023, 08:06 PM
I respectfully disagree Aaron. I have never seen a PM more loathed and disrespected (sadly) than Jacinda. She has run a very divisive Government in turbulent times when inclusiveness was needed. She is reaping as she has sowed and it is not at all due to a "small number of dickheads" . Her and her Government assumed that last year and have finally realised the dissatisfaction and frustration with her is a lot broader than that. I'm surprised you haven't seen it !

We know there is a section of the population who despise Jacinda Adern & understand this is how you see things, but that's the same for just about every incumbent political leader around the world right now.

However, Adern is also the most widely admired politician on the planet right now. (that's not just opinion, its fact). No one else comes close.

fungus pudding
23-01-2023, 08:09 PM
We know there is a section of the population who despise Jacinda Adern & understand this is how you see things, but that's the same for just about every incumbent political leader around the world right now.

However, Adern is also the most widely admired politician on the planet right now. (that's not just opinion, its fact). No one else comes close.

If it's a fact, you must have lots of evidence. Please post details.

Baa_Baa
23-01-2023, 08:47 PM

That's good for her, assuming she can and will leverage her admiration, but it hasn't helped New Zealand unfortunately. If the planet looked into what and how New Zealanders felt about their current situation under this Labour government, they might reconsider.

I have no particular beef with Adern per se, she didn't screw this country up all by herself, people attribute too much responsibility on the leader of the party. So many things are just not right anymore, it takes a concerted blindness to reality, to get to where we are now.

FTG
23-01-2023, 09:18 PM

LOL!

BTW. Come on BS....Surely the avid devotees like you would at least spell her surname correctly?

Perhaps the admiration is nowhere as wide as you claim. Instead being highly concentrated amongst the vocal left-leaning media org's, WEF cohort and Chardonnay/Champagne drinking Wokesters. Even if your claim was a 'fact'. So what?

Regardless, one doesn't need to wear glasses to clearly see that there are also plenty of folk in NZ (and that ultimately counts more for our country) who don't admire Ms Ardern, and more importantly don't admire what she 'supposedly' stands for.

At best, one could claim that admiration of her is VERY polarised.

Sorry, not buying what you are selling BS.;)

Bjauck
23-01-2023, 09:29 PM

However, Adern is also the most widely admired politician on the planet right now. (that's not just opinion, its fact). No one else comes close. Certainly my UK contacts have put her on a pedestal. However they know zilch about what she has done other than the initial Covid response and the Christchurch hugs. They also talk of her as if she were an antidote to the shocking leaders they have had - Johnson & Truss.

nztx
23-01-2023, 10:42 PM
You might at least spell her name correctly while you're at it - BS ;)

nztx
23-01-2023, 10:44 PM
If it's a fact, you must have lots of evidence. Please post details.

There be must evidence somewhere that she's changed the way she spells her name too by looks :)

Blue Skies
23-01-2023, 10:50 PM
LOL!

BTW. Come on BS....Surely the avid devotees like you would at least spell her surname correctly?

Perhaps the admiration is nowhere as wide as you claim. Instead being highly concentrated amongst the vocal left-leaning media org's, WEF cohort and Chardonnay/Champagne drinking Wokesters. Even if your claim was a 'fact'. So what?

Regardless, one doesn't need to wear glasses to clearly see that there are also plenty of folk in NZ (and that ultimately counts more for our country) who don't admire Ms Ardern, and more importantly don't admire what she 'supposedly' stands for.

At best, one could claim that admiration of her is VERY polarised.

Sorry, not buying what you are selling BS.;)

I'm not selling anything, obviously some don't want to hear it but just stating an interesting fact.
And since she has resigned, there's no hidden agenda, it just is what it is.

Of course she is polarising & of course there's sectors of the population here that don't like her & overseas as well.
But do you think President Biden, Emmanuel Macron, Rishi Sunak, Barack Obama, Pierre Trudeau, Olaf Scholz, Vladimir Putin, etc aren't polarising ?

Around half or more in every country surveyed, say Social Media has made us more divided in our political opinions than ever.
We're not unique.

But Ardern (sorry about the spelling earlier) is a global icon & an inspiration for millions of young women. She is admired by millions around the world.
More than any other NZ politician she has put NZ on the global map.
She opened doors overseas for NZ business like no other leader before.
You know she got us 5 FTA's (Free Trade Agreements) in 2 years, when National only managed 2 in 9 years.
At a recent promotion in New York to attract wealthy investors to NZ, all the foreign media & reporters who were coming didn't bother to turn up when they found out she wasn't coming.
And just look at the tributes to her which have poured in from leaders both political & in other fields from around the world.

And she was still the most preferred PM in this country by quite a wide margin, well ahead of Luxon.

nztx
23-01-2023, 11:06 PM
Foreign investors all but dried up - BS .. a sum total of just 2 in last report I was reading :)

What happened ? - did the rest all see writing on the wall ? ;)

The same social media Labour was so scared of that they tried desperately to muzzle it some time back
now it's coming back to bite Labour badly on the Azz for continuous poor performance ?

Do you think people are so stupid or blind to think that a simple change of deckchairs
and basically mostly the same bums plonked in them is going to fool anyone
while the earlier issues persist and further worsen ? ;)

I think everyone can clearly see what's happening, especially when the more sinister sides
keep hitting the Ordinary people on the street even harder and brutal reality of a regime
that has failed in almost everything it has laid hand to starts becoming abundantly clear
to all, in their daily lives :)

Remember the fools that swallowed the tripe once may not be fooled into swallowing
a second or third time, if they dont like or agree with what they are seeing ;)

Labour have a very bad habit of alienating significant numbers of once fooled then
very much awake etc, which only grows in numbers until a certain demise occurs .. ;)

Ask the former Leader, if you dont believe it - her mentor learnt that lesson before her
and there is bound to have been some background jostling going on - The new Captain
admitted it today - that conversations were going on since last November.

That wouldnt have been happening for a simple Menu change at Bellamy's or
for that matter very good reason :)

It's surprising that yourself and/or the fiercely faithful weren't aware of it last year :)

JBmurc
23-01-2023, 11:16 PM

Yes my wife wasn't allowed to see her mother on her deathbed ... locked down not allowed to travel etc ... (J.A= be kind!!) ..... I couldn't continue to do the seasonal fishing job I'd been doing for 26yrs because I didn't take JAB ... thank the sharemarket GODs I had some cracking good months prior so could walk away ... I know many that didn't want it ...but were forced ..

JBmurc
23-01-2023, 11:22 PM
Certainly my UK contacts have put her on a pedestal. However they know zilch about what she has done other than the initial Covid response and the Christchurch hugs. They also talk of her as if she were an antidote to the shocking leaders they have had - Johnson & Truss.

Yes the grass is always greener over the other side ... had J.A been leading in the UK ...then they might not be so star struck ..

JBmurc
23-01-2023, 11:47 PM
I'm not selling anything, obviously some don't want to hear it but just stating an interesting fact.
And since she has resigned, there's no hidden agenda, it just is what it is.

Of course she is polarising & of course there's sectors of the population here that don't like her & overseas as well.
But do you think President Biden, Emmanuel Macron, Rishi Sunak, Barack Obama, Pierre Trudeau, Olaf Scholz, Vladimir Putin, etc aren't polarising ?

Around half or more in every country surveyed, say Social Media has made us more divided in our political opinions than ever.
We're not unique.

But Ardern (sorry about the spelling earlier) is a global icon & an inspiration for millions of young women. She is admired by millions around the world.
More than any other NZ politician she has put NZ on the global map.
She opened doors overseas for NZ business like no other leader before.
You know she got us 5 FTA's (Free Trade Agreements) in 2 years, when National only managed 2 in 9 years.
At a recent promotion in New York to attract wealthy investors to NZ, all the foreign media & reporters who were coming didn't bother to turn up when they found out she wasn't coming.
And just look at the tributes to her which have poured in from leaders both political & in other fields from around the world.

And she was still the most preferred PM in this country by quite a wide margin, well ahead of Luxon.

well she TALKED a BIG game >>> Ardern stated that child poverty was the most important issue facing her new government. Five years later, family poverty is in a terrible state. In opposition Ardern was rightly appalled about the number of children living in cars; after five years of her government, that number has quadrupled.

https://www.spectator.com.au/2023/01/the-insipid-cult-of-saint-jacinda-ardern/

Aaron
24-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Yes my wife wasn't allowed to see her mother on her deathbed ... locked down not allowed to travel etc ... (J.A= be kind!!) ..... I couldn't continue to do the seasonal fishing job I'd been doing for 26yrs because I didn't take JAB ... thank the sharemarket GODs I had some cracking good months prior so could walk away ... I know many that didn't want it ...but were forced ..

There it is. Now I can appreciate why you personally hate Jacinda. No need to make outrageous statements though.
I am not a big fan of Jacinda and in fact while I take most of my rage out on Adrian Orr, Jacinda played a big part in making the poor poorer and the rich richer.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/12/13/wealthy-nearly-1-trillion-richer-since-covid-began-hickey/

And in hindsight I think we massively over-reacted to the pandemic. The first lockdowns I totally support, as a lot of people were scared and we did not know a lot but if the vaccines worked then people had time to get them.

I had some sympathy for the anti vaxxers with a choice between vax or no work and ostracism from society, it was not much of a choice. After Wellington though they can go f**k themselves as they came across as a bunch of rabid nutters spitting the dummy because they were asked to consider other people. All rights and no responsibility. No respect for the law or democracy, very self centred and selfish. More scared of the vaccine than the virus.

You only need to see how we are dealing with covid currently to know it was a massive over-reaction. Covid is here, no one is masked some additional old people are dying every week and a few unfortunate youngsters. Most people could not give a s*it about covid even after all the drama we went through.

Jacinda made some big calls which you want in a leader. She obviously upset the antivaxxers and young people should be upset that they can no longer buy a house, they are picking up the tab to save the old people and poor people should be upset as they are paying the inflation tax.

It turns out doing a lot less might have been the better option but it is all easy in hindsight. I think she was doing what she thought best at the time and a majority of NZers supported her.

For a minority there will be rejoicing at her resignation, it is just a shame to see all the nastiness as it is not the kiwi way... in my world anyway.

P.s. only after re reading my post do I appreciate the irony of someone suggesting a section of society go "f**k themselves" being upset by nastiness.
I guess it is not always easy always being decent/respectful/kind but I could probably try harder.

Getty
24-01-2023, 11:08 AM

Choke, gasp!
If that's a true statement, the other options must be shockers, and pity the folk doing the admiring!

nztx
24-01-2023, 01:47 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/end-of-an-error-auckland-farmer-mows-troll-message-as-jacinda-ardern-quits-as-prime-minister/D3QXM7RETNED5KJHBRY4OZ3QGI/

"THE END OF AN ERROR"

;)

Baa_Baa
24-01-2023, 06:51 PM
https://www.nzcpr.com/newsletter/

THE ARDERN LEGACY
By Dr Muriel Newman

https://www.nzcpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Hipkins-300x229.jpg (https://www.nzcpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Hipkins.jpg)

Appointed as New Zealand’s Prime Minister in 2017, Jacinda Ardern has been described as an iron fist in a velvet glove. She wooed the world with talk of kindness and compassion, while at home ruling like a dictator. No friend of free speech, she had little regard for public opinion and no respect for those with a contrary view.

Read on, an intriguing insight https://www.nzcpr.com/newsletter/

fungus pudding
24-01-2023, 07:33 PM
There it is. Now I can appreciate why you personally hate Jacinda. No need to make outrageous statements though.
I am not a big fan of Jacinda and in fact while I take most of my rage out on Adrian Orr, Jacinda played a big part in making the poor poorer and the rich richer.

She certainly didn't make the rich richer. They achieve that all by themselves.

Bjauck
24-01-2023, 08:01 PM
She certainly didn't make the rich richer. They achieve that all by themselves. Some were the beneficiaries of government policy surely.

fungus pudding
24-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Some were the beneficiaries of government policy surely.

They were the beneficiaries of their own efforts and dilligence. Their financial rewards were achieved in spite of the Govt.

nztx
24-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Some were the beneficiaries of government policy surely.

likely from what this Govt inherited from the previous too .. what will Labour be leaving for the next
Government when they get tipped out - a fair measure of large debt, aside from a large unholy
shambles for as far as the eye can see ? ;)

Aaron
25-01-2023, 08:54 AM

Oh FP you say the funniest things, always good for a laugh.

The increase in wealth was driven largely by the more than 50 per cent increase in house prices over the two years after the start of the pandemic.

So I guess what you are saying is that while the average person was locked down sponging off the NZ taxpayer (rich people) rich people were working harder and smarter than ever to increase their wealth. Stupid lazy poor people, need to be more aspirational that is obviously why they are poor.

I also see the truth in what you say when I read articles about donations from rich people to the national party.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-raises-unprecedented-23m-war-chest-from-richlist-donors-before-election-year/77GGZL32JRDMRNAEFJ7B4TGAUI/

They know which side their bread is buttered and how to get ahead, not government policy and a monetary system that promotes trickle down economics, that is for sure.

fungus pudding
25-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Oh FP you say the funniest things, always good for a laugh.

The increase in wealth was driven largely by the more than 50 per cent increase in house prices over the two years after the start of the pandemic.

So I guess what you are saying is that while the average person was locked down sponging off the NZ taxpayer (rich people) rich people were working harder and smarter than ever to increase their wealth. Stupid lazy poor people, need to be more aspirational that is obviously why they are poor.

Smarter - not necessaily harder, although that is likely.

Aaron
25-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Smarter - not necessaily harder, although that is likely.

Ha ha ha... you are killing me.

whatsup
25-01-2023, 02:13 PM

s o what is wrong with that.

fungus pudding
25-01-2023, 02:42 PM
s o what is wrong with that.

Absolutely nothing at all, apart from the irritating squealing from the envious.

moka
31-01-2023, 08:49 PM
The Front Page: The harm in referring to Jacinda Ardern as ‘Cindy’

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-front-page-the-harm-in-referring-to-jacinda-ardern-as-cindy/E67CKDVIZNCYHFERBAYOAN5EGQ/

That nickname (Cindy) persisted throughout her tenure in charge and has often been coupled on social media with everything from mild criticism to blatant sexism.
Dr Suze Wilson argues that we shouldn’t just brush this aside as a harmless five-letter word, as some commentators have suggested.

“It’s sexist,” she explains.
“It’s a technique designed to humiliate, belittle and undermine her authority and credibility.”
Wilson stresses that the term “Cindy” doesn’t exist in a vacuum and is instead part of a broader spectrum of sexism that’s accepted across New Zealand.
Once again, apologists for the misogyny often argue that these are just words and that politicians know what they’re getting into.

And even here, Green MP Golriz Ghahraman has been vocal about what she has to contend with on a daily basis.

“The strategic goal behind [misogynistic] behaviour is to drive women out of public life,” says Wilson.
“It is very much a backlash against the kind of progress that we have actually made.

jonu
31-01-2023, 09:02 PM
The Front Page: The harm in referring to Jacinda Ardern as ‘Cindy’

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-front-page-the-harm-in-referring-to-jacinda-ardern-as-cindy/E67CKDVIZNCYHFERBAYOAN5EGQ/

That nickname (Cindy) persisted throughout her tenure in charge and has often been coupled on social media with everything from mild criticism to blatant sexism.
Dr Suze Wilson argues that we shouldn’t just brush this aside as a harmless five-letter word, as some commentators have suggested.

“It’s sexist,” she explains.
“It’s a technique designed to humiliate, belittle and undermine her authority and credibility.”
Wilson stresses that the term “Cindy” doesn’t exist in a vacuum and is instead part of a broader spectrum of sexism that’s accepted across New Zealand.
Once again, apologists for the misogyny often argue that these are just words and that politicians know what they’re getting into.

And even here, Green MP Golriz Ghahraman has been vocal about what she has to contend with on a daily basis.

“The strategic goal behind [misogynistic] behaviour is to drive women out of public life,” says Wilson.
“It is very much a backlash against the kind of progress that we have actually made.

So how did we become so dreadfully misogynist in the space of 12 months? Or did we just see through her cynical manipulating BS. Cynical Cindy....it has a ring to it...and it's true!

tim23
31-01-2023, 09:06 PM
So how did we become so dreadfully misogynist in the space of 12 months? Or did we just see through her cynical manipulating BS. Cynical Cindy....it has a ring to it...and it's true!
Gee you sound pleased about it - you only have to read this forum on a regular basis to see how much misogynistic stuff is posted. Some of us try and push back and say it’s not okay.

jonu
31-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Gee you sound pleased about it - you only have to read this forum on a regular basis to see how much misogynistic stuff is posted. Some of us try and push back and say it’s not okay.

You're missing the point again tim23. How could we be a terrible misogynist society when at one point Ardern had sky high approval ratings? Her BS was her undoing. And darned right I'm pleased she's gone! Nothing to do with her being female. She's just an incredibly deceitful politician.

fungus pudding
31-01-2023, 10:41 PM
You're missing the point again tim23. How could we be a terrible misogynist society when at one point Ardern had sky high approval ratings? Her BS was her undoing. And darned right I'm pleased she's gone! Nothing to do with her being female. She's just an incredibly deceitful politician.

It puzzles me how crticism of any female MP brings cries of 'misogony'. But it often does.

nztx
31-01-2023, 11:00 PM
It puzzles me how crticism of any female MP brings cries of 'misogony'. But it often does.

Probably all their limited library of simple responses has left FP :)

Remember the 'Be Kind' instruction probably got burnt to cinders on the Christmas BBQ ..

iceman
01-02-2023, 06:29 AM

And most of the time the very same posters saying it's "not ok" are regularly making personally derogatory comments about Chris Luxon. Talk about rocks and glass houses.

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 08:15 AM
They were the beneficiaries of their own efforts and dilligence. Their financial rewards were achieved in spite of the Govt. There are some people who are unintentionally wealthy, not through extra hard work or business investment. For example the ordinary purchaser of place for their family in (what is now) inner Auckland in the 1960's is now wealthy. Through government policy on immigration, tax, interest rates, risky lending, and lack of policy on pension provision, intensification and providing land for the population surge, that purchaser is now very wealthy.

blackcap
01-02-2023, 08:25 AM
And most of the time the very same posters saying it's "not ok" are regularly making personally derogatory comments about Chris Luxon. Talk about rocks and glass houses.

That's the whole point. Misogynistic if the left gets attacked, all ok if the left are doing the attacking.

If calling Ardern, Cindy or Cinders, is misogynistic. Well that's fine, I will continue calling her that and just be a misogynist.

(that label gets thrown around so much these days, it has lost it's relevance and has become impotent)

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 08:43 AM
That's the whole point. Misogynistic if the left gets attacked, all ok if the left are doing the attacking.

If calling Ardern, Cindy or Cinders, is misogynistic. Well that's fine, I will continue calling her that and just be a misogynist.

(that label gets thrown around so much these days, it has lost it's relevance and has become impotent) I doubt that calling her Cindy alone is misogynist. Here is an old article about the misogynism Ardern and others have faced. I'm surprised that some doubt that there is extra misgynist abuse that women face. They aren't all women on the political left either.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300561708/why-escalating-misogynistic-abuse-of-jacinda-ardern-is-a-national-security-issue

Another article about Shipley's and Clark's experiences.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/helen-clark-jenny-shipley-recall-the-nasty-stuff/SIWAMCUXQMD4VYY3FVFHPPU5CE/

fungus pudding
01-02-2023, 08:51 AM
There are some people who are unintentionally wealthy, not through extra hard work or business investment. For example the ordinary purchaser of place for their family in (what is now) inner Auckland in the 1960's is now wealthy. Through government policy on immigration, tax, interest rates, risky lending, and lack of policy on pension provision, intensification and providing land for the population surge, that purchaser is now very wealthy.

So how much money do you consider makes you wealthy?

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 10:07 AM
So how much money do you consider makes you wealthy? By definition, those who are wealthier would have wealth exceeding the median for all adults in NZ. You may or may not wish to factor in age.

blackcap
01-02-2023, 10:11 AM
I doubt that calling her Cindy alone is misogynist. Here is an old article about the misogynism Ardern and others have faced. I'm surprised that some doubt that there is extra misgynist abuse that women face. They aren't all women on the political left either.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300561708/why-escalating-misogynistic-abuse-of-jacinda-ardern-is-a-national-security-issue

Another article about Shipley's and Clark's experiences.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/helen-clark-jenny-shipley-recall-the-nasty-stuff/SIWAMCUXQMD4VYY3FVFHPPU5CE/

I'm sure male politicians don't get attacked. As I have said before, it's got nothing to do with the gender of the person, but everything with the position they occupy.

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 10:25 AM
For FP:

NZ individual Wealth in 2021 according to Credit Suisse:
Average for adult: 834k NZD
Median/adult. : 408K NZD

On a global scale NZ land values are highly inflated, consequently most NZers are “wealthy”.

However within NZ, in 2021 a wealthier NZ person has assets worth over 408k
As wealth distribution in NZ is so uneven thanks to inflated land values, the average is over twice the median. So a “wealthy” person would have net assets worth over $834k.

https://www.mpamag.com/nz/news/general/youre-probably-in-the-top-10-wealthiest-in-the-world-heres-why/422802

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 10:30 AM
I'm sure male politicians don't get attacked. As I have said before, it's got nothing to do with the gender of the person, but everything with the position they occupy.
…..and senior females in a senior position are much more of a target than a male in such a position…so it is to do both with their position in addition to a factor that they are female.

The research indicates women cop significantly more abuse than men in similar positions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-whole-truth/131023325/the-whole-truth-do-female-politicians-get-worse-abuse

fungus pudding
01-02-2023, 10:41 AM
For FP:

NZ individual Wealth in 2021 according to Credit Suisse:
Average for adult: 834k NZD
Median/adult. : 408K NZD

On a global scale NZ land values are highly inflated, consequently most NZers are “wealthy”.

However within NZ, in 2021 a wealthier NZ person has assets worth over 408k
As wealth distribution in NZ is so uneven thanks to inflated land values, the average is over twice the median. So a “wealthy” person would have net assets worth over $834k.

https://www.mpamag.com/nz/news/general/youre-probably-in-the-top-10-wealthiest-in-the-world-heres-why/422802

That is plainly reidiculous. I would consider around 1.5 mill (including personal residence) to be comfortable, but certainly not wealthy. Around 4mii plus you are 'well off' but you'd need an absolute minimum of 5 mill to be wealthy in my eyes.

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 11:19 AM
That is plainly reidiculous. I would consider around 1.5 mill (including personal residence) to be comfortable, but certainly not wealthy. Around 4mii plus you are 'well off' but you'd need an absolute minimum of 5 mill to be wealthy in my eyes.
Wealth is relative. 1.5m including a reasonable sized residence in a reasonable area would not be comfortable in Auckland, whereas in Invercargill it may well be. Obviously for an oldie who has experienced decades of a leveraged 3 bedroom plus garden house equity value appreciation in inner Auckland could expect the wealth generated from their house alone to be well above average.

fungus pudding
01-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Wealth is relative. 1.5m including a reasonable sized residence in a reasonable area would not be comfortable in Auckland, whereas in Invercargill it may well be. Obviously for an oldie who has experienced decades of a leveraged 3 bedroom plus garden house equity value appreciation in inner Auckland could expect the wealth generated from their house alone to be well above average.

So why quote anyone with assets 408k plus as wealthy? That's nowhere near wealth.

whatsup
01-02-2023, 01:06 PM

" Wealthy" , thats sooooo easy, someone male or female who has very good health !

Bjauck
01-02-2023, 04:21 PM
So why quote anyone with assets 408k plus as wealthy? That's nowhere near wealth.
Not everyone in NZ has a house in inner city Auckland. I said “wealthier.” On a NZ wide basis they are wealthier than the median $408k according to the figures from the article cited. Obviously if you limit you population to for example those adults living on the Remuera Northern slopes or coastal Takapuna or Bayswater, then $1m+ may well be closer to the median adult wealth.

An inner Auckland average 3 bed house owner has the option to sell their asset, and move elsewhere in Auckland, or in most of the rest of the country and invest the surplus. Whereas someone with an average house in for example Tokoroa would have fewer options.

tim23
01-02-2023, 05:15 PM

I think that you are being rather selective- Luxon has hardly been a topic on this forum ( I’m not even sure if there is a Thread?) in comparison to Ardern who has suffered plenty. I suspect in the ratio of 100-1 minimum - you read this forum and probably know I’m about right.

fungus pudding
01-02-2023, 05:52 PM
" Wealthy" , thats sooooo easy, someone male or female who has very good health !

Read the question and have another go.

davflaws
03-02-2023, 12:32 AM
Another take - enjoy

"The announcement of Jacinda Ardern’s resignation has triggered both an outpouring of grief and vitriol in equal measure which echoes the polarisation of her last political term.We’ve seen outdated sexism and vile rhetoric before of course. It’s nothing new.

Misogyny has been a popular societal pastime since the days when Greek mythology made its debut. The only surprise has been the fact that many of us, naively, thought it was mostly behind us.

Jacinda Ardern’s rise and fall has all the elements of mythology. A young, attractive, relatively untested woman propelled into leadership amid a time of turmoil.

The meteoric popularity, the adulation, the carping chorus, the threats and then the fall.

A trajectory similar to that of Joan of Arc – who rose quickly, dazzled momentarily and then literally was burned at the stake.

Of course, there have been many calls for Ardern to meet the same fate as St. Joan. They continue even after her resignation. The level of hatred and condemnation is not purely down to a difference in political views - this is the stuff of the body politic – the literal politicisation of a woman.

It began much like a fairy-tale. The language employed by media outlets laid the first seeds. Stardust was mentioned. Jacinda-Mania. Descriptions better suited to pop stars than politicians.

Then came the diminutive – Cindy – just like the doll. At first this appellation was used mostly by old white guys who preferred their Prime Ministers to know rugby test scores rather than Booker prize winners. The shock of a young woman attaining the highest office and then presuming to tell them what they could and couldn’t do was alleviated somewhat by using a nickname that cut her down to size. Needless to say we didn’t hear this for Johnny, Billy, Jimmy or Bobby.

Much was made of her facial features, her fashion, her partner. The entirety of her life, up for scrutiny in a way that her male counterparts were never subject to.

Her competence and her experience was questioned. The rump of society seems to extend the assumption that men, no matter how much the evidence might betray it, have a basic level of competence. This assumption is not extended to women who must perpetually prove their effectiveness, their worth, at every step.

Assumptions lie deep within misogyny. We hear it on the radio when female guests are described as being ‘intelligent’ – as if that goes against the norm. We hear it when female leaders are given status through childbearing, or denigrated if childless. We hear it in monikers such as ‘Aunty’ Helen or ‘Crusher Collins.’ We heard it in press conferences when two women leaders were asked what things they had in common – presumably fashion or gossip. We heard it after Ardern’s resignation when she was called ‘well-meaning.’ When the leader of the opposition said he ‘could take it’ in response to abuse. We saw it in the television reports that looked back at Ardern’s ‘fashion moments’ or her being on the cover of Vogue. We didn’t hear about her being on the cover of ‘Time.’

Doubtless Ardern was, in part, a victim of the Tall Poppy syndrome that continues to characterise New Zealand. Whether you agree with her politics or not, she did indeed ‘put New Zealand on the map’ - in the same way David Lange commanded the world’s attention with his nuclear free policy back in the 1980s.

World leaders have been unanimous in their praise of her leadership. The international acclaim is unlike anything we’ve seen before. Seeing New Zealand represented on the world stage is something we as a nation are almost embarrassingly desperate for, so it’s intriguing to understand why Ardern’s high standing in a global context is a cause for resentment among so many.

It seems the real problem with Jacinda Ardern came after her exhortation for us to ‘be kind.’ Was the plea for kindness and empathy so archetypally feminine that it became a direct challenge to underlying masculine ideals? Did this undeniable feminine desire for kindness trigger such a threat to our locker-room ability to take the knocks that we needed to prove that toughness and violence are more valued than the ideals of charity and compassion?

Ardern was unusual in being a woman leader who did not achieve power by adopting a ‘tougher-than- the- boys’ persona. The pervasiveness of sports metaphors in media coverage of politics guaranteed that she simply could not win at this game. For her to be accepted as representing the best of New Zealand, rather than being painted as the great divider as she has been, the population would have needed to endorse her view of the efficacy and value of empathy. They didn’t.

The murmurings became criticisms. The criticisms became insults, became abuse, became threats. The nickname Cindy wasn’t enough anymore.

Tyrant. Witch. Dictator. ****. Oh yeah, we’ve come a long way, baby.

This is misogyny in action. A collective memory of burning women as witches. A collective fear of a woman with power. The simmering rage of the mediocre.

The woman becomes an effigy. A demon. A vessel for all resentment and grudges and perceived slights. Just as witches were blamed for misfortune in the late middle-ages, so the female politician is blamed in the twenty-first century.

Although we all know that a modern parliamentary system runs on collective responsibility of cabinet and is therefore not the work of one person – whether witch, wizard or warrior – the female politician somehow carries totemic blame for not delivering on the hopes that the masses unrealistically clamour for.

In popular accounts of Ardern there’s a contradictory characterisation of her being both preternaturally powerful and weak and indecisive - but she cannot be both. She cannot be everything. Only those determined to judge her in archetypal or mythological language can avoid facing this glaring contradiction. Perhaps this is why so much commentary is now focused on Ardern’s presumed political global aspirations: Once cast as a sorceress she must be seeking power over the world – that is the mythological trope.

Not even her resignation escapes this mythical narrative. Compare John Key’s resignation – he was allowed to have simply had enough of the job. It was never suggested his next step in global domination was to take the helm at the IMF or World Bank despite having a CV that would have enabled this.

This is the centuries old misogynist suspicion that women who come to power – in whatever field - always want too much power.

Or perhaps it’s exactly as she herself said. She’s run out of energy simply because she’s human. "

davflaws
03-02-2023, 12:50 AM
Read the question and have another go.

I'm half of a couple. Both of us qualify for super and my wife still works in her professional practice slightly more than half time. We spent about 20k more than our income this year because we travelled (me for diving, her for family). Our freehold house is currently worth about 850k and the portfolio 280k.
When the portfolio was $380k I felt wealthy. I used to say I had a lot more than I needed. Now I don't say that any more.

But this discussion started when you seemed to suggest that the wealthy became so solely by their own efforts and increased their wealth in the same way.
Can you acknowledge that there are structural factors that mean that the "playing field" isn't actually level, and that the rich tend to get richer and the poor to get relatively poorer for reasons that are not necessarily related to virtue, intelligence, or hard work ?

Bjauck
03-02-2023, 04:29 AM
I'm half of a couple. Both of us qualify for super and my wife still works in her professional practice slightly more than half time. We spent about 20k more than our income this year because we travelled (me for diving, her for family). Our freehold house is currently worth about 850k and the portfolio 280k.
When the portfolio was $380k I felt wealthy. I used to say I had a lot more than I needed. Now I don't say that any more.

But this discussion started when you seemed to suggest that the wealthy became so solely by their own efforts and increased their wealth in the same way.
Can you acknowledge that there are structural factors that mean that the "playing field" isn't actually level, and that the rich tend to get richer and the poor to get relatively poorer for reasons that are not necessarily related to virtue, intelligence, or hard work ?
You mess with these long term beneficiaries of NZ government policy at your political peril!

JBmurc
03-02-2023, 11:18 AM
Another take - enjoy

"The announcement of Jacinda Ardern’s resignation has triggered both an outpouring of grief and vitriol in equal measure which echoes the polarisation of her last political term.We’ve seen outdated sexism and vile rhetoric before of course. It’s nothing new.

Misogyny has been a popular societal pastime since the days when Greek mythology made its debut. The only surprise has been the fact that many of us, naively, thought it was mostly behind us.

Jacinda Ardern’s rise and fall has all the elements of mythology. A young, attractive, relatively untested woman propelled into leadership amid a time of turmoil.

The meteoric popularity, the adulation, the carping chorus, the threats and then the fall.

A trajectory similar to that of Joan of Arc – who rose quickly, dazzled momentarily and then literally was burned at the stake.

Of course, there have been many calls for Ardern to meet the same fate as St. Joan. They continue even after her resignation. The level of hatred and condemnation is not purely down to a difference in political views - this is the stuff of the body politic – the literal politicisation of a woman.

It began much like a fairy-tale. The language employed by media outlets laid the first seeds. Stardust was mentioned. Jacinda-Mania. Descriptions better suited to pop stars than politicians.

Then came the diminutive – Cindy – just like the doll. At first this appellation was used mostly by old white guys who preferred their Prime Ministers to know rugby test scores rather than Booker prize winners. The shock of a young woman attaining the highest office and then presuming to tell them what they could and couldn’t do was alleviated somewhat by using a nickname that cut her down to size. Needless to say we didn’t hear this for Johnny, Billy, Jimmy or Bobby.

Much was made of her facial features, her fashion, her partner. The entirety of her life, up for scrutiny in a way that her male counterparts were never subject to.

Her competence and her experience was questioned. The rump of society seems to extend the assumption that men, no matter how much the evidence might betray it, have a basic level of competence. This assumption is not extended to women who must perpetually prove their effectiveness, their worth, at every step.

Assumptions lie deep within misogyny. We hear it on the radio when female guests are described as being ‘intelligent’ – as if that goes against the norm. We hear it when female leaders are given status through childbearing, or denigrated if childless. We hear it in monikers such as ‘Aunty’ Helen or ‘Crusher Collins.’ We heard it in press conferences when two women leaders were asked what things they had in common – presumably fashion or gossip. We heard it after Ardern’s resignation when she was called ‘well-meaning.’ When the leader of the opposition said he ‘could take it’ in response to abuse. We saw it in the television reports that looked back at Ardern’s ‘fashion moments’ or her being on the cover of Vogue. We didn’t hear about her being on the cover of ‘Time.’

Doubtless Ardern was, in part, a victim of the Tall Poppy syndrome that continues to characterise New Zealand. Whether you agree with her politics or not, she did indeed ‘put New Zealand on the map’ - in the same way David Lange commanded the world’s attention with his nuclear free policy back in the 1980s.

World leaders have been unanimous in their praise of her leadership. The international acclaim is unlike anything we’ve seen before. Seeing New Zealand represented on the world stage is something we as a nation are almost embarrassingly desperate for, so it’s intriguing to understand why Ardern’s high standing in a global context is a cause for resentment among so many.

It seems the real problem with Jacinda Ardern came after her exhortation for us to ‘be kind.’ Was the plea for kindness and empathy so archetypally feminine that it became a direct challenge to underlying masculine ideals? Did this undeniable feminine desire for kindness trigger such a threat to our locker-room ability to take the knocks that we needed to prove that toughness and violence are more valued than the ideals of charity and compassion?

Ardern was unusual in being a woman leader who did not achieve power by adopting a ‘tougher-than- the- boys’ persona. The pervasiveness of sports metaphors in media coverage of politics guaranteed that she simply could not win at this game. For her to be accepted as representing the best of New Zealand, rather than being painted as the great divider as she has been, the population would have needed to endorse her view of the efficacy and value of empathy. They didn’t.

The murmurings became criticisms. The criticisms became insults, became abuse, became threats. The nickname Cindy wasn’t enough anymore.

This is misogyny in action. A collective memory of burning women as witches. A collective fear of a woman with power. The simmering rage of the mediocre.

The woman becomes an effigy. A demon. A vessel for all resentment and grudges and perceived slights. Just as witches were blamed for misfortune in the late middle-ages, so the female politician is blamed in the twenty-first century.

Although we all know that a modern parliamentary system runs on collective responsibility of cabinet and is therefore not the work of one person – whether witch, wizard or warrior – the female politician somehow carries totemic blame for not delivering on the hopes that the masses unrealistically clamour for.

In popular accounts of Ardern there’s a contradictory characterisation of her being both preternaturally powerful and weak and indecisive - but she cannot be both. She cannot be everything. Only those determined to judge her in archetypal or mythological language can avoid facing this glaring contradiction. Perhaps this is why so much commentary is now focused on Ardern’s presumed political global aspirations: Once cast as a sorceress she must be seeking power over the world – that is the mythological trope.

Not even her resignation escapes this mythical narrative. Compare John Key’s resignation – he was allowed to have simply had enough of the job. It was never suggested his next step in global domination was to take the helm at the IMF or World Bank despite having a CV that would have enabled this.

This is the centuries old misogynist suspicion that women who come to power – in whatever field - always want too much power.

Or perhaps it’s exactly as she herself said. She’s run out of energy simply because she’s human. "

She's done her job WEF are happy agenda 21/30 NWO early stage moves done

... but Labour party brass knew she was toast(I personally don't think she wanted to leave but was pushed!!) ..as we have seen with chippy "lets be friends kiwis"wasn't me locking you down an forcing NWO agenda(yeah right!!) .. I wouldn't be surprised to now see Labour get another term as National can't keep on message lack backbone ...

fungus pudding
03-02-2023, 11:23 AM

... but Labour party brass knew she was toast(I personally don't think she wanted to leave but was pushed!!) ..as we have seen with chippy "lets be friends kiwis"wasn't me locking you down an forcing NWO agenda(yeah right!!) .. I wouldn't be surprised to now see Labour get another term as National can't keep on message lack backbone ...

Neither would I. I'll be surprised if they don't.

ynot
03-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Another take - enjoy

Get over yourself Davflaws. From my perspective Ardern being a woman has nothing to do with my dislike for her.
I dislike her as she WAS a "dangerous untrustworthy" woman.

Balance
03-02-2023, 11:41 AM
Get over yourself Davflaws. From my perspective Ardern being a woman has nothing to do with my dislike for her.
I dislike her as she WAS a "dangerous untrustworthy" woman.

And she is a hypocrite beside being a useless and clueless woman.

Be kind she preached while she deprived families from being there while their loved ones died. That’s her true colour - deeds, not words.

jonu
03-02-2023, 11:51 AM

davflaws didn't attribute who he was quoting, but what a crock of nonsense.

Whoever he is quoting doesn't explain how we became misogynistic overnight. From being not misogynistic in Ardern having record support to her being dog tucker. Her downfall wasn't due to misogyny, it was her BS catching up with her.

Typical positioning her as a victim. As for her family, her partner involved himself heavily though social media and dropped himself in it through his association with some music industry folks who seemed to get magical multiple access to the country when pregnant women couldn't get home. John Key's family also got stick. His son parading on social media didn't help that much either.

davflaws
03-02-2023, 12:37 PM
davflaws didn't attribute who he was quoting, but what a crock of nonsense.

Whoever he is quoting doesn't explain how we became misogynistic overnight. From being not misogynistic in Ardern having record support to her being dog tucker. Her downfall wasn't due to misogyny, it was her BS catching up with her.

Sorry - I should have included the author of a facebook post someone shared - but it has disappeared into cyberspace. So you are sure it is bull**** - funny that!

You were previously arguing that because for Adern's popularity was very high and then dropped lots, misogyny wasn't involved unless someone could explain how we became misogyninstic very quickly. A bad argument linking two variables that are certainly not closely associated and may well be close to functionally independent.

Maybe most of the drop would not have happened if the stardust (or bulldust) hadn't been shaken off. But as the article suggests, maybe her originally stellar performances in the empathic areas traditionally limited to and limiting women were responsible for her high ratings, and maybe the steepness of the decline had something to do with a societal tendency to judge women more harshly in public life.

The examples given in the article sugesst so.

Bjauck
03-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Sorry - I should have included the author of a facebook post someone shared - but it has disappeared into cyberspace. So you are sure it is bull**** - funny that!

You were previously arguing that because for Adern's popularity was very high and then dropped lots, misogyny wasn't involved unless someone could explain how we became misogyninstic very quickly. A bad argument linking two variables that are certainly not closely associated and may well be close to functionally independent.

Maybe most of the drop would not have happened if the stardust (or bulldust) hadn't been shaken off. But as the article suggests, maybe her originally stellar performances in the empathic areas traditionally limited to and limiting women were responsible for her high ratings, and maybe the steepness of the decline had something to do with a societal tendency to judge women more harshly in public life.

The examples given in the article sugesst so.
Ardern’s trajectory has been from Mother Theresa to Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex. Is the saint or sinner judgment more often pronounced on women.

fungus pudding
03-02-2023, 01:07 PM

Freehold in simple terms means 'not leasehold'. The vast majority of NZ homes are freehold and 60% of those are mortgage free. The correct name for a mortgage free house is 'unencumbered'.

davflaws
03-02-2023, 01:42 PM
Freehold in simple terms means 'not leasehold'. The vast majority of NZ homes are freehold and 60% of those are mortgage free. The correct name for a mortgage free house is 'unencumbered'.

THank you. Now perhaps you could address my main point.

fungus pudding
03-02-2023, 04:43 PM
THank you. Now perhaps you could address my main point.

No point in addresing your comments. And you don't really want me to anyway.

Balance
03-02-2023, 06:08 PM

Yup - you are trying to discuss with davflaws who believes that a NZer is cultureless and have no heritage unless they are a Maori or embrace Maori culture.

Bjauck
03-02-2023, 06:13 PM
There is no point, because there is obvious NZ systemic favouritism towards the holders of capital and wealth over wage earners/consumers?

moka
03-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Excellent post davflaws.

Misogyny has been a popular societal pastime, and as we have seen it still is. Plenty of people have enjoyed being able to express their contempt and prejudice for women using Jacinda as a target, on here, in the Herald comments, and on social media.

It says a lot about our values as a society that kindness, compassion and empathy is spurned in favour of abusive behaviour by a vocal group.

I think the simmering rage of the mediocre is spot on.

“For her to be accepted as representing the best of New Zealand, rather than being painted as the great divider as she has been, the population would have needed to endorse her view of the efficacy and value of empathy. They didn’t.

Was the plea for kindness and empathy so archetypally feminine that it became a direct challenge to underlying masculine ideals?
Did this undeniable feminine desire for kindness trigger such a threat to our locker-room ability to take the knocks that we needed to prove that toughness and violence are more valued than the ideals of charity and compassion?”

Balance
03-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Excellent post davflaws.

Misogyny has been a popular societal pastime, and as we have seen it still is. Plenty of people have enjoyed being able to express their contempt and prejudice for women using Jacinda as a target, on here, in the Herald comments, and on social media.

It says a lot about our values as a society that kindness, compassion and empathy is spurned in favour of abusive behaviour by a vocal group.

I think the simmering rage of the mediocre is spot on.

“For her to be accepted as representing the best of New Zealand, rather than being painted as the great divider as she has been, the population would have needed to endorse her view of the efficacy and value of empathy. They didn’t.

Was the plea for kindness and empathy so archetypally feminine that it became a direct challenge to underlying masculine ideals?
Did this undeniable feminine desire for kindness trigger such a threat to our locker-room ability to take the knocks that we needed to prove that toughness and violence are more valued than the ideals of charity and compassion?”

davflaws - the poster who believes a NZer has no culture or heritage unless they are Maori or embrace Maori culture.

ardern - the lying hypocrite who preached transparency, truth, kindness and compassion but did the exact opposite as PM. She just happens to be a clueless and useless woman. Just as bad as that buffoon Muldoon.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1674965775060-FBF3XNJXHL0F4LEQ3FH9/Burns.jpg?format=500w

Balance
04-02-2023, 08:10 AM
Enjoy :

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8ymX71t/

blackcap
04-02-2023, 08:15 AM

What a load of utter tripe.

Balance
04-02-2023, 08:25 AM
What a load of utter tripe.

Moka swallowed Useless Cindy’s BS whole and he is regurgitating it out in full.

Disgusting.

ynot
05-02-2023, 10:36 AM
For the record. "Definitely pushed"
This guy nails it with body language signals.

https://youtu.be/8Rrv9qRHZ24

Crypto Crude
05-02-2023, 06:37 PM
Jacindas quick departure reeks to high hell...
Very very dodgey

Getty
05-02-2023, 06:50 PM
For the record. "Definitely pushed"
This guy nails it with body language signals.

https://youtu.be/8Rrv9qRHZ24

The poor thing had a gush of blood to her head.

The domestic terror event she refers to is her prime ministership.

Balance
05-02-2023, 07:06 PM

Clueless Crying Cindy and as useless as ever.

nztx
05-02-2023, 09:30 PM

Not an internal crisis ... or some other lingering crisis ? ;)

Have the experts counted to make sure she still has all the required number of marbles ? ;)

Balance
22-09-2023, 11:03 AM
Clueless Cindy talking crxp as usual :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/former-prime-minister-dame-jacinda-ardern-reflects-on-politics-and-new-life/MOTALTGK5JFS5AQU7NFKTY7Y2A/

“Ardern has revealed she didn’t resign because of burnout and says she could have kept going in a recent interview.”

Remember she said she had nothing left in the tank? Guess she meant her tank of spin, BS and lies then.

iceman
22-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Clueless Cindy talking crxp as usual :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/former-prime-minister-dame-jacinda-ardern-reflects-on-politics-and-new-life/MOTALTGK5JFS5AQU7NFKTY7Y2A/

“Ardern has revealed she didn’t resign because of burnout and says she could have kept going in a recent interview.”

Remember she said she had nothing left in the tank? Guess she meant her tank of spin, BS and lies then.

Thankfully this deceitful person has been removed from the NZ scene, due to her despicable behaviour. She’s not even been welcomed to one campaign meeting. That’s how unpopular she is

nztx
22-09-2023, 12:09 PM
Was an SOS sent to friendly media for something / anything to deflect attention away
from Labour's rapidly approaching demise & dumping ? ;)

Things must be looking woefully bad :)

Hopefully the Yanks & Canadians won't take a glance at what was left behind down under
and local press reportings of the era up to running away and where things have headed since ..

jonu
07-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Seemed like a logical thread to post this funny clip. It's what happens when you put an articulate, virtue signaling idiot in a position of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3A-ubUIX6s