PDA

View Full Version : This BIRD may never fly

Recaster
11-03-2023, 10:32 PM
This company, Allbirds, has a New Zealand connection through one of its founders. Just dropped 47% on a revenue miss of 13% in the latest quarter.

Currently $1.35 on an IPO reference price of $18.00.

huxley
12-03-2023, 10:33 AM
This company, Allbirds, has a New Zealand connection through one of its founders. Just dropped 47% on a revenue miss of 13% in the latest quarter.

Currently $1.35 on an IPO reference price of $18.00.

Growth story has collapsed, another direct to consumer company. They have $167m in cash and market cap of only $200 now. Will keep losing money for years by the looks of things so may need more inflows from investors to keep funding them till they one day, maybe, make a profit. Very out of fashion stock in this environment, with rising cost of capital no one wants to fund theses business models like they have when rates and inflation were low. They’ll hopefully pivot into a more profitable growth. I like the shoes, do hope they stick around:)

Recaster
14-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Last close $1.15.

huxley
16-03-2023, 09:41 AM
I wonder if they would become a takeover target at this price, market cap down to $159m, which is less than cash balance.

Recaster
16-03-2023, 10:11 PM
I wonder if they would become a takeover target at this price, market cap down to $159m, which is less than cash balance.

Depends on the burn rate I guess and the cost of shutting it down if liquidation is the best option (don't know).

Price would have to be much lower I think unless they can find someone from Deludistan who buys into the story.