PDA

View Full Version : Jardendirect broking

Jim
11-05-2023, 01:19 PM
What do you guys think of this new site. Is it better than the old directbroking or several steps backwards. I found that it is not so user friendly than the original site.

11-05-2023, 01:38 PM
It is a heap of the proverbial. The change is typical of being designed by some one that does not use it but likes to create "pretty things". Absolutely no consideration for those who will use it.

But do correspond with them with your concerns. The more that do may get some changes.

The old one was so simple a clean. All functions were easy to use. Not so this platform.

ThaiJohn
11-05-2023, 01:45 PM
Agree. The DB site was so much more user friendly.

11-05-2023, 01:54 PM
Another thing is you don't get any warning of them transferring you to the new platform. You go to sign in and are presented with it. If you wanted to do any buy/sell or move some money you can't until you go through the joining procedure. Arrogant attitude.

warthog
11-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Agree. The DB site was so much more user friendly.

Ironic given how old it was.

warthog
11-05-2023, 03:37 PM
How can one get an overview of a portfolio with the current day's change in price?

Somebody showed me portfolio > holdings, but that doesn't show the day's change, which can only be seen apparently if one clicks on each equity in turn, and back again.

ThaiJohn
11-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Was there any forewarning of the change from DB to Jarden? I'm travelling around overseas so may have missed the advanced warning.

RTM
11-05-2023, 03:43 PM
How can one get an overview of a portfolio with the current day's change in price?

Somebody showed me portfolio > holdings, but that doesn't show the day's change, which can only be seen apparently if one clicks on each equity in turn, and back again.

You can’t. For that reason I mirror everything in Yahoo Finance. It’s pretty much the same info as the old Direct Broking.
Disappointing, let them know.

RTM
11-05-2023, 03:44 PM
Was there any forewarning of the change from DB to Jarden? I'm travelling around overseas so may have missed the advanced warning.

Not that I know of. A little chatter on ShareTrader, then an email advising that it was going to happen.
Fortunately, the transition was ok. For me.

tango
11-05-2023, 04:24 PM
I have two broking accounts. I transitioned one of the accounts and still use the classic DB site for my main portfolio because the Jarden site is a pain in the neck to navigate.

Everything is where I need to see it on the DB site.

SPC
11-05-2023, 05:16 PM
I have used the same DB website on my phone and have done so for years. It's simple to use with all actions and my entire portfolio on one screen. Several years ago I was prompted to try the new site. It was an absolute dog on a smart phone and I told them so in no uncertain terms. I haven't logged into it since. They didn't even have the basic commonsense to offer a mobile optimised version. What were they thinking?
I don't know what they're up to now but I have no intention of using anything other than the current DB website on my phone.
If they try and dump that same dog on me again then I'll certainly look elsewhere.

Nor
11-05-2023, 06:30 PM
I looked at it once. Very pretty but didn't seem to scroll properly. Not looking forward to being forced to use it.

Grimy
11-05-2023, 09:33 PM
I had an email from them a few days back saying it was my turn to change to the new platform. I haven't yet and as the DB one is still there and working, I won't be in any rush to change unless it is forced.

RTM
12-05-2023, 09:49 AM
I had an email from them a few days back saying it was my turn to change to the new platform. I haven't yet and as the DB one is still there and working, I won't be in any rush to change unless it is forced.

I would predict they will force you. There is no way in the world that Jarden's will want the overhead of maintaining two systems. And they won't be getting rid of the new one.
While I am really disappointed that the new system offers very little additional info over the old one I would make the following comments.
It does work OK.
The conversion process was pretty painless. Didn't take long to do and no errors.
The information available is similar to that in the old system, just takes a wee while to find some of it.
When I knew they were making a new system, I did contact them, explained reservations I had with the old one, had a couple of telephone calls. However none of that seems to be reflected in what has been produced. I've had some email contact since and they said that there will be updates....however....not at all confident.

In summary....I don't think its much more of a dog than the old one. But its certainly not great !

justakiwi
12-05-2023, 09:58 AM
I have a Jarden Direct account, which I only use for USX purposes. But they send me their regular email newsletters. This was in the last one, so I would suggest that you do as they have suggested, and email them with your feedback.

Once your account has completed the migration process, we would love to hear what you think. If you do have any comments or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email the team at info@jardendirect.co.nz (info@jardendirect.co.nz?subject=Jarden%20Direct%2 0-%20Feedback&body=)

Grimy
12-05-2023, 10:29 AM
Thanks RTM & JaK. Gives me some confidence. I will change and have a look.

t.rexjr
12-05-2023, 10:30 AM
A few improvements today. Much better contrast and columns have narrowed slightly. Could be narrower but a vast improvement. They must be listening to someone...

The 'Holdings' summary tab should be the veiw you see when you click on 'My Portfolio'. In fact it should be the first thing you see when you log in. It's the most important info. From that point I don't mind digging further for all the other info, but that comes secondary to the summary view that you want to glance at... 'My Preferances' you can change 'Landing Page' to 'Holdings' but it doesn't seen to effect anything...

One more thing I'd LOVE is an indicator that shows whether 'recent trades' were a hit to the Bid or a hit to the Ask

When they iron out the wrinkles and get the basics right it looks like it will be a great site.

Hopefully the new system also comes with a shakeup of order placements. That was always a bugbear prior. Where order triggers are instant on competitor platforms, for some reson DB needed to finish morning tea or chats about last night shinanigans before they manually placed the order On Market.

Grimy
12-05-2023, 11:02 AM
They can't be in too much of a hurry for me to migrate. Neither the pop-up link or Jarden tile were on my log in page as in the email or the screenshots in the guide I downloaded.
I guess I'll wait until they get more insistent.....

ronaldson
12-05-2023, 02:23 PM
So far I have been asked to migrate one of the four accounts I have oversight. Being a creature of habit I prefer the original website with which I was familiar, and some functionality on the new does not seem as efficient/user friendly. I didnt find a Log Out button either so just exited altogether, annoying if you wish to change to another account.

As to t.rexjr's comment (#17 above) I did change the Landing Page under Preferences to "Holdings" and next Log On it did indeed start on that page rather than another of the alternative options.

You must formally accept the Conditions that relate to the account and its ongoing operation. It isn't really possible to conveniently check if these differ from before but probably the opportunity has been taken by Jarden to "improve" them although I don't see that as a big issue.

Will be interested in commentary on this thread by others as the incremental migration proceeds.

t.rexjr
12-05-2023, 02:59 PM
As to t.rexjr's comment (#17 above) I did change the Landing Page under Preferences to "Holdings" and next Log On it did indeed start on that page rather than another of the alternative options.

Got it in the end. I had to delete my shortcut and log in from a fresh browser. Then re-bookmark my login page.

SailorRob
12-05-2023, 03:05 PM
How long does it take for funds to clear that are sent immediately from same bank ANZ?

RTM
12-05-2023, 03:20 PM
How long does it take for funds to clear that are sent immediately from same bank ANZ?
Last ones were same day. From BNZ. I was surprised. Am using this act to hold spare cash, interest rate ok.

SailorRob
12-05-2023, 03:26 PM
They must be taking my cash, giving it to Bull to double for them before giving me the balance back a few hours later

bull....
12-05-2023, 03:29 PM
i dont work fridays lol anyway does there platform show closing match price at just before 5

aquaman
12-05-2023, 03:38 PM
There seems to be some trickery with the new platform...
Previously , a few days ago, the old platform registered my portfolio at a higher value than the new platform does ...im sure that it would not be due to any "poor investment
"decisions on my part and maybe Jardens would like to boost my cash account up to reassure my confidence in their new platform:p

SailorRob
12-05-2023, 03:44 PM
i dont work fridays lol anyway does there platform show closing match price at just before 5

It is a constant amazement that with your returns and length of time at it that you work at all.

Jim
12-05-2023, 05:41 PM
It is a constant amazement that with your returns and length of time at it that you work at all.
I used the new platform and bought 11k worth of shares and they didn't charge the normal $29.90 brokerage. Any lucky punter out there have the same luck like me getting a free ride 😺 ?

Valuegrowth
12-05-2023, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Jim;1003064]I used the new platform and bought 11k worth of shares and they didn't charge the normal $29.90 brokerage. Any lucky punter out there have the same luck like me getting a free ride  ?[/QUOTE

Recently,I opened an account with them and deposited some money as well.Still I could't find out a great company with a strong balance sheet trading at a great discount to the market. If I am right they will do free for our first investment.

ronaldson
12-05-2023, 08:14 PM
I believe they are offering the first trade on the new platform for free.

Muse
12-05-2023, 08:47 PM
I believe they are offering the first trade on the new platform for free.

Marketing Tagline - 'truth in advertising' style
First trade is free - try it!
We promise you'll hate it.

Ricky-bobby
12-05-2023, 10:33 PM
I’m still on the the good old DB site. New one is terrible on an iPhone. Long live the old platform!

13-05-2023, 03:40 AM
If I remember correctly it was about 1994 when I started using Access Brokerage. The site they provided in those early days was great. About 2007 when Access folded and DB acquired their clients the site provided was not as good as Access's but was more than acceptable and is what we have had ever since. Moving on nearly 30 years and all they can do is present us with a non user friendly site, designed by non users I assume. They have had number of clients using it for the past 12 months or so which means they should have had comment and able to change things as they tested. Perhaps they chose the wrong clients to test or they were so disheartened by the site that they have moved on. Perhaps they just ignored their comments.

Do any of you use ASB Securities? What is their site like. I am looking to change but it would be pointless if they also had a sub standard presentation.

justakiwi
13-05-2023, 07:26 AM
ASB Securities platform is antiquated and needs a major update in my opinion. Does the job but is very basic, ugly as sin, and hasn’t changed since I last used it back in 2006. I logged in recently to have a look as I was considering moving back, and was shocked to see just how amateur it looks.

If I remember correctly it was about 1994 when I started using Access Brokerage. The site they provided in those early days was great. About 2007 when Access folded and DB acquired their clients the site provided was not as good as Access's but was more than acceptable and is what we have had ever since. Moving on nearly 30 years and all they can do is present us with a non user friendly site, designed by non users I assume. They have had number of clients using it for the past 12 months or so which means they should have had comment and able to change things as they tested. Perhaps they chose the wrong clients to test or they were so disheartened by the site that they have moved on. Perhaps they just ignored their comments.

Do any of you use ASB Securities? What is their site like. I am looking to change but it would be pointless if they also had a sub standard presentation.

warthog
13-05-2023, 11:42 AM
ASB Securities platform is antiquated and needs a major update in my opinion. Does the job but is very basic, ugly as sin, and hasn’t changed since I last used it back in 2006. I logged in recently to have a look as I was considering moving back, and was shocked to see just how amateur it looks.

The kids designing these websites are all design over UX. It says a lot when a 30 year-old website is more usable because it is actually designed around user needs rather than aesthetics.

Of course everyone would like a functional website that is well-designed aesthetically as well, but at minimum it needs to be useful in a functional sense.

justakiwi
13-05-2023, 12:07 PM
I think it should be possible to have both - functional and aesthetic. I don't need a touchy feely Sharesies type interface, but I think ASB could do much better.

The kids designing these websites are all design over UX. It says a lot when a 30 year-old website is more usable because it is actually designed around user needs rather than aesthetics.

Of course everyone would like a functional website that is well-designed aesthetically as well, but at minimum it needs to be useful in a functional sense.

Valuegrowth
13-05-2023, 05:00 PM

Do any of you use ASB Securities? What is their site like. I am looking to change but it would be pointless if they also had a sub standard presentation. Because I had a bank account there, I opened an account with them.
I am so silly to keep my money in their cash mangement account nearly one year as I couldn't find a strong company with great value trading at a great discount to the market. I think they(ASB Broker) don't pay any interest for keeping money in their money mangement account where as Jardendirect pay interest). Finally, I ended up with buying BEAR through ASB securities. For me it was a user friendly.

t.rexjr
14-05-2023, 09:51 AM
For actually placing orders, ASB was always far, far superior. As anyone placed an order on the new Jarden site yet? Was it placed on market instantly?

bottomfeeder
14-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Why are some moved to Jarden Direct while others are still on Direct Broking. I am still on Direct Broking. I hate changes.

Daytr
14-05-2023, 11:23 AM

I joined ASB securities recently and said the same thing. I only use it for my smaller stock trades that don't qualify for the CFD market. But yep its like stepping back in time 20 years.

mylovelyday
14-05-2023, 05:15 PM
For actually placing orders, ASB was always far, far superior. As anyone placed an order on the new Jarden site yet? Was it placed on market instantly?

No, my every fixed price order has to go though an extra step, normally within a minute the status changes from 'placed' to 'limit'

Onemootpoint
14-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Because I had a bank account there, I opened an account with them.
I am so silly to keep my money in their cash mangement account nearly one year as I couldn't find a strong company with great value trading at a great discount to the market. I think they(ASB Broker) don't pay any interest for keeping money in their money mangement account where as Jardendirect pay interest). Finally, I ended up with buying BEAR through ASB securities. For me it was a user friendly.

If you’re using ASB why leave any money in their 0%/ 1% cash management account? Place it in their on call account that currently yields 2.65%. It transfers instantly when using the app or online website facility to your cash management account when you need it to acquire shares.

if you don’t need instant access but can wait a hour or 3, and a few more clicks you can keep it in a higher yielding on call account at another bank eg Kiwibank or the like.

Baa_Baa
14-05-2023, 07:09 PM
If you’re using ASB why leave any money in their 0%/ 1% cash management account? Place it in their on call account that currently yields 2.65%. It transfers instantly when using the app or online website facility to your cash management account when you need it to acquire shares.

if you don’t need instant access but can wait a hour or 3, and a few more clicks you can keep it in a higher yielding on call account at another bank eg Kiwibank or the like.

Absolutely, I never hold any money in my ASB Cash Management account, transfer into it when I want to buy, and transfer out of it when I've sold some, or get a dividend.

Compared to sophisticated online trading and portfolio management systems, neither ASB or ANZ/Direct/Jardens are any good, they're all very primitive. But for simple stuff on NZX and ASX, they do the job.

Bjauck
15-05-2023, 11:26 AM

The Jarden cash account, from which purchases are deducted, earns 4% currently.

whatsup
15-05-2023, 12:16 PM
Is it me or do others see this, under the "
quote " drop down tab, there is a "intraday chart" option where there used to be a daily graph of sales, how do I get rid of the intraday chart option?

RTM
15-05-2023, 04:29 PM
Is it me or do others see this, under the "
quote " drop down tab, there is a "intraday chart" option where there used to be a daily graph of sales, how do I get rid of the intraday chart option?

I've had a few niggles with finding info Whatsup....Jardens have been very responsive.
What I am finding annoying is where I have sold something and its gone from my portfolio view...you used to be able to see it be checking a wee box.
You now gotta dig it out of the movements tab.

Sure don't feel like I have moved on to something better.

Valuegrowth
15-05-2023, 07:35 PM

if you don’t need instant access but can wait a hour or 3, and a few more clicks you can keep it in a higher yielding on call account at another bank eg Kiwibank or the like. Thank you for the information.

DTC
15-05-2023, 08:20 PM
I was migrated to Jarden from DB by/before June last year, at least that's when I sent off my first request about them making seemingly simple changes that would improve the user experience (according to me). Jarden are always responsive when I email/ talk to them, but seem reluctant to make any of the changes I request, e.g. "When a stock is bought up on the live price screen/quote view page, is it really too hard to show the total volume traded by dollars along with the raw number of shares?". They did make one change that correlated with a request I made- showing NZX holdings before ASX holdings on the portfolio holdings page (unless somehow, inadvertently, I changed this order myself- ASX always showed first for many months).

blackcap
15-05-2023, 09:02 PM
I am really starting to get annoyed. I have 3 accounts. One has yet to migrate. I find unconsciously that I go to that account by default at the neglect of the other accounts. The new platform is really rubbish. I have emailed them, I will email them again. I might constantly bug them on the phone too. Nothing like annoying phone calls to get some people moving. What an abomination.

Mafman
15-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Has anybody else suffered a real slowdown in data speed? After 4:30 I can't get through at all so no last minute buy/sells here!

daveypnz
16-05-2023, 09:36 AM
Can you set buy stops and stop losses with Jarden?

RTM
16-05-2023, 09:56 AM
Can you set buy stops and stop losses with Jarden?

Good question...see attached....presume the price trigger does the job, but would want some advice from Jarden's before I tried it.

RTM
16-05-2023, 01:44 PM
Sigh….

Grimy
16-05-2023, 01:47 PM
Yep. Jarden and DB down.

t.rexjr
17-05-2023, 10:19 AM
If you refresh the page your on via your browser (in this case the Depth screen) it logs you out. Then once you log back in you're on the landing page again... So then you have to navigate back to where you were before you refreshed...

Pain...

There's a refresh button for 'Live price' but you have to scroll up to get to it and then, scroll back down to view the data you are refreshing...

Bonkers

RTM
17-05-2023, 10:58 AM
If you refresh the page your on via your browser (in this case the Depth screen) it logs you out. Then once you log back in you're on the landing page again... So then you have to navigate back to where you were before you refreshed...

Pain...

There's a refresh button for 'Live price' but you have to scroll up to get to it and then, scroll back down to view the data you are refreshing...

Bonkers

This refresh stuff is nonsense eh ! When I look at my Yahoo portfolios...or Google, the prices are constantly updating...ticking over....green green...red red etc.
Seems archaic that we need to continually refresh to see what is a happening ? Or go into an individual stock to see the current price. Crazy in this day and age. And as far as I can see replicated into the new system.

RTM
17-05-2023, 11:01 AM

Pain...

Bonkers

Where is the refresh button ? Missed that ?

RTM
17-05-2023, 11:22 AM
My biggest gripe is this...and its there today in plain sight today:

1: I can see what my portfolio balance is (good) and I can see the profit loss (also good)
However unless I remember or record what the P/L is from previous days or weeks...I have zero idea of whether it is up or down.

2: Now I have a fair idea its up 3-4K today (good - My memory not completely shot) But what has provided this gain ? (And of course there could be losses)

3)So I now take a look at my watch lists which I maintain to reflect my portfolio....shouldn't have to do this.
Yep...there are greens and reds....pretty much as expected. Oh and one, SKO, has a decent jump...great.
Now I have to remember how many I have to see if it reflects the 3-4K gain.
Nope...not enough...so what else is contributing...and enough to balance out the reds.
Sigh...now its just a pain in the A.

4) So I duplicate all in YAHOO so I can easily see this. Can easily see what my gains / losses are on each stock at any point in time.

I've had several conversations with Direct Broking / Jarden etc about this previously. Suggested they didn't need to "reinvent the wheel" with the new system, that there were good models such as YAHOO out there. The woman I spoke to (corresponded with) seemed very knowledgeable with respect to IT and Yahoo etc etc. But sadly...at best...they seem to have duplicated what they had before in their new system.

Pretty disappointing - if there was a clear better alternative...I'd be gone.
OK....off to work now...had my rant.
RTM

waikare
20-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Where Jarden does one find their Cash account transactions, I can only find my cash balance, no other details.

Grimy
20-05-2023, 09:40 AM
Click on the cash balance in My Wallet and it will open the transactions/movements. Had me looking for a bit too.

waikare
20-05-2023, 09:42 AM
Click on the cash balance in My Wallet and it will open the transactions/movements. Had me looking for a bit too.

Thanks Grimmy

bottomfeeder
22-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Transferred me over to Jarden Direct today. Works OK on my phone, but when I tried to set it up on my Laptop it seized up and wouldnt work. It wouldnt load the watchlist.

Now I am quite up to date with this tech, but I couldnt work it out. Not happy.

Why is such a simple thing, going to be so difficult. You would think that by now the bugs would be worked out of the system. If it doesnt start working soon, I will be moving on to someone else. I have been trading on various brokers sites for 30 years, and never had I had so much trouble working this out. Must presume Direct is now catering to the Android app only. Competing with sharsies. What a downgrade.

SCOTTY
22-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Transferred me over to Jarden Direct today. Works OK on my phone, but when I tried to set it up on my Laptop it seized up and wouldnt work. It wouldnt load the watchlist.

Now I am quite up to date with this tech, but I couldnt work it out. Not happy.

Why is such a simple thing, going to be so difficult. You would think that by now the bugs would be worked out of the system. If it doesnt start working soon, I will be moving on to someone else. I have been trading on various brokers sites for 30 years, and never had I had so much trouble working this out. Must presume Direct is now catering to the Android app only. Competing with sharsies. What a downgrade.

Working ok on my iPhone and laptop but not on my iPad which is a bit old and only iOS 12.5.7. Apparently minimum iOS14 is required. Bugger :(

Cabinet
23-05-2023, 08:52 AM
I was moved over last week and today I see the next trade is free.

23-05-2023, 09:35 AM
I was moved a few weeks ago. Did a trade last week with normal brokerage. Don't count on it.

bottomfeeder
23-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Not the best for user friendliness. Trying to fit too much onto each screen, which means scrolling up and down as well as sideways. Sometimes drops page as well. Then it suggests refreshing page. Not so easy on a device.

Grimy
23-05-2023, 11:41 AM
I was moved a few weeks ago. Did a trade last week with normal brokerage. Don't count on it.

I moved last week and my first buy (within a few days) was free.

bottomfeeder
23-05-2023, 12:44 PM
Went to buy some MNW, went to the stock page. It doesn't even say whether it is cum dividend or ex dividend. Really. If thus is the case I will have to move to ASB Securities. Looks like their website is made to show on a large fixed screen, not a device or a laptop.

bottomfeeder
23-05-2023, 12:48 PM
I moved last week and my first buy (within a few days) was free.

What a load of bull. There is no free brokerage

23-05-2023, 01:58 PM
Went to buy some MNW, went to the stock page. It doesn't even say whether it is cum dividend or ex dividend. Really. If thus is the case I will have to move to ASB Securities. Looks like their website is made to show on a large fixed screen, not a device or a laptop.

I hadn't noticed the lack of cd or xd. It really is a pigs breakfast. Have you emailed them about it?

Also noticed that nowhere in company information do they quote a dividend yield.

ThaiJohn
23-05-2023, 02:14 PM
Its complete ****e. Was more than happy with the DB site.

SPC
23-05-2023, 03:24 PM
So they've done nothing to improve it since the first attempts several years ago.
If they can't provide a mobile version of this website that operates the same as the current DB platform then I suggest they look for some better web developers.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current DB platform on mobiles.
So why the heck are they pxxxing everyone off pursuing an unnecessary and unwanted replacement?.

blackcap
23-05-2023, 03:38 PM
So they've done nothing to improve it since the first attempts several years ago.
If they can't provide a mobile version of this website that operates the same as the current DB platform then I suggest they look for some better web developers.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current DB platform on mobiles.
So why the heck are they pxxxing everyone off pursuing an unnecessary and unwanted replacement?.

Is there any money left in providing a "discount" brokerage service? Are they purposely trying to lose customers? I can't think of any other logical explanation other than that they are really incompetent and stupid and do not listen to their market.

t.rexjr
23-05-2023, 03:49 PM
The recent trades are all up the wop too. Current SKO AU live price is $2.99 yet the recent trades show last trade of $3.06. wonky bonky

Grimy
23-05-2023, 04:42 PM
What a load of bull. There is no free brokerage

Perhaps I worded that poorly. My first order was not free (if only!), but there was no brokerage charged on the first trade after switching to the Jarden platform. This was advised when I had finished transferring my account in the welcome pop-up. You may think I am talking a load of bull, but I'm $30 better off on that trade, so I'm happy.

bottomfeeder
23-05-2023, 05:03 PM
Perhaps I worded that poorly. My first order was not free (if only!), but there was no brokerage charged on the first trade after switching to the Jarden platform. This was advised when I had finished transferring my account in the welcome pop-up. You may think I am talking a load of bull, but I'm $30 better off on that trade, so I'm happy.

I dont know why you got it, I didnt. I put a hell of a lot of brokerage through them.

I cant even find out when MNW dividend goes ex. Now that is just basic. Its like trading blind. Really pissed off.

RTM
23-05-2023, 05:19 PM
Just put my first trade through on the new platform......Australian stock. No brokerage charged.
Nice.

bottomfeeder
23-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Just put my first trade through on the new platform......Australian stock. No brokerage charged.
Nice.

Yeah sure, . You get free brokerage and I have to go to another platform to find an ex div date.

May have to change brokers. After all its the platform, and without a decent platform, all trades are much the same.

24-05-2023, 12:09 AM
Thos may help in the short term bottomfeeder

https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/dividends

bottomfeeder
25-05-2023, 02:13 PM
The more you use it the more user friendly it gets. But cum dividend and ex dividend info would be good, unless it's there somewhere.

warthog
25-05-2023, 06:05 PM
The more you use it the more user friendly it gets. But cum dividend and ex dividend info would be good, unless it's there somewhere.

Jarden's new website is a bit like the shop in chapter 5 of Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There …

"The shop seemed to be full of all manner of curious things -- but the oddest part of it all was, that whenever she looked hard at any shelf, to make out exactly what it had on it, that particular shelf was always quite empty: though the others round it were crowded as full as they could hold."

Jiggs
30-05-2023, 11:45 AM
I like the Movements feature for each of my holdings. It separates out all the trades and dividends of each item. I was getting a bit upset because my 'bulletproof' Westpac shares are down 6% since I last bought them. But looking at all its movements and dividends, I can quickly see that overall I'm up 10% with Westpac.

I also keep track of what my shares are doing on Simply Wall St with its nice coloured balloons.

30-05-2023, 12:31 PM
I like the Movements feature for each of my holdings. It separates out all the trades and dividends of each item. I was getting a bit upset because my 'bulletproof' Westpac shares are down 6% since I last bought them. But looking at all its movements and dividends, I can quickly see that overall I'm up 10% with Westpac.

I also keep track of what my shares are doing on Simply Wall St with its nice coloured balloons.

That is not new. It was available on the old/better site and it wasn't all mixed together like the new one. Dividends were separated from any movements caused by buy/sell or bonus shares etc.

Waltzing
30-05-2023, 08:50 PM
The transaction files are a shambles and as stated before negilgent. Needs a warning from the FMA if the FMA actually understands transaction management which is probably doubtful.

Lawyers just dont understand modern transaction management reporting and auditing from a digital persective and you would need 3 degrees, LLB, Business management and Computer science.

Or a Team at the FMA that has all 3 ...

Jiggs
30-05-2023, 10:57 PM
That is not new. It was available on the old/better site and it wasn't all mixed together like the new one. Dividends were separated from any movements caused by buy/sell or bonus shares etc.
Were they? I could never find the dividends on the old site. I had to go and look on the cash statement on my bank's website. I like having the dividends mixed with the shares' value so I can tell how I'm doing overall. To do that in the past, I had to go to my page on Simply Wall St.

RTM
31-05-2023, 08:10 AM
Were they? I could never find the dividends on the old site. I had to go and look on the cash statement on my bank's website. I like having the dividends mixed with the shares' value so I can tell how I'm doing overall. To do that in the past, I had to go to my page on Simply Wall St.

Yes they were …but not overly obvious. There was a drop-down where you could change the field to dividend.
I found it by accident.
The new site is awful on mobile. Yuck.

warthog
31-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Yes they were …but not overly obvious. There was a drop-down where you could change the field to dividend.
I found it by accident.
The new site is awful on mobile. Yuck.

The hog was surprised that Jarden didn't have native apps for Android and iOS.

Entrep
31-05-2023, 10:31 AM
The hog was surprised that Jarden didn't have native apps for Android and iOS.

Likewise, I assume they are under development though

Onemootpoint
31-05-2023, 11:14 AM
Wasn’t there a plan in the making for JD and Hatch Invest that focus on the USA market to merge? In other words perhaps for JD to use the Hatch platform?

t.rexjr
07-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Flying blind with the wonky "recent trades' info

Hopeless

BlackPeter
08-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Rather rough transition for me: We have a joint account (I wanted to migrate) and I tried to open 6 months ago a second direct broking account for a different CSN which they forced me to do on Jarden at that time.

Well, this initial contact is documented in some other thread and resulted at that stage with me opening an account with ASB instead. The Jarden Verification process was just ridiculous and clearly not sufficiently tested. So you could say, it was a fail for Jarden. However, they didn't clean up their database at that stage and when I tried to move now our joint account, I did run into all sort of issues neither I nor their Customer service understood.

Expiring links, endless loop into opening an account and other "funny" things. When I talked with the Customer Service one Friday at 5.02 pm they said they have to transfer me to another department and I only got an answering machine. Their webpage said Customer Service is open to 6 pm. Hmm.

Anyway, the next business day I got a service rep prepared to put some effort into it and kicking their "digital department" - and some hours later they came back and explained that my initial attempt to open a Jarden account screwed up their databases ... apparently they had stored my email and any migration brought the process back to some process relicts they had stored 6 months ago - and given that they changed the process in the meantime .... clusterf*ck

Advice for others: If you want to migrate and had at any time in the past contact with Jarden, than better don't use the same email for the transfer of the direct broking platform. They use your email address as identifier in their system and screw up the process.

Ah well, while I was in the industry we called platforms like this "banana products" - let them ripen with the customer.

Anyway - happy end: Their digital department cleared their data base and after that our account migration was a breeze.

So far it looks like they transferred all my shares, cash and watchlists ... and I seem to be able to do the same things I used to be able to do in Direct Broking - just differently.

Presentation however needs getting used to - I miss the clean data presentation from Direct Broking, but on the other hand - there seem to be more data around, which might come in handy over time.

Currently I am running now one account over Jarden and the other over ASB. None of them is good, but so far it appears they both do the job ... though both continue to annoy (in different ways).

Anybody knows any good NZX trading platform?

ronaldson
21-06-2023, 09:02 PM
Can anyone help me?

I have got used to navigating the new site but one feature eludes me. It doesn't seem that the quotation for individual shares has any indication that they are either CD or XD at the current time (assuming one or other applies).

And, for example, there is no indication if you reference the KFL quotation that it is currently cum warrants.

The only way to know, if you are a buyer or seller of a particular share or contemplating doing so, seems to be to review all recent announcements made in relation to that share?

Am I missing something or is this simply a feature lost in transition, as the old screen made it obvious?

SPC
21-06-2023, 09:50 PM
It's too soon for the KFL warrants to be flagged to the share price. The company has to complete paperwork formalities with NZX. It's just an announcement.

21-06-2023, 11:23 PM
Can anyone help me?

I have got used to navigating the new site but one feature eludes me. It doesn't seem that the quotation for individual shares has any indication that they are either CD or XD at the current time (assuming one or other applies).

And, for example, there is no indication if you reference the KFL quotation that it is currently cum warrants.

The only way to know, if you are a buyer or seller of a particular share or contemplating doing so, seems to be to review all recent announcements made in relation to that share?

Am I missing something or is this simply a feature lost in transition, as the old screen made it obvious?

The "cum warrants" would normally appear the day after the announcement, however you are correct, there is no indication of cd or xd notated on individual shares. Just a further negative to the new site. Luckily I have more than one account so use that for my day to day following as I haven't changed that one over yet.

Email them and see what they say about it.

ronaldson
22-06-2023, 07:05 AM
The "cum warrants" would normally appear the day after the announcement, however you are correct, there is no indication of cd or xd notated on individual shares. Just a further negative to the new site. Luckily I have more than one account so use that for my day to day following as I haven't changed that one over yet.

Email them and see what they say about it.

Give them a

I did email this morning and will advise the reply when received.

bottomfeeder
22-06-2023, 11:50 AM
Can anyone help me?

I emailed them weeks ago. NO REPLY- SUCKS, I need cum/ex dividend info.

RTM
22-06-2023, 12:40 PM
I emailed them weeks ago. NO REPLY- SUCKS, I need cum/ex dividend info.

Suggest you follow up with them. They have been pretty responsive to my questions, suggestions. Not that anything has changed.

ronaldson
22-06-2023, 09:11 PM
I did email this morning and will advise the reply when received.

Derek from Jarden replied at 11.08am this morning thanking me for the email and feedback.

He confirms their IT team "are working on implementing this feature on the new website and it should be there on future website releases". He states they are happy to receive any feedback "good or bad".

So they are aware of this issue and if we are patient the problem will be rectified, probably soon. This has been a major project for them so we should give a little leeway in the circumstances given a fix is as good as promised.

Sehnsucht888
28-06-2023, 01:20 PM
Has anyone else raised with them that when you have open trades your portfolio total value is wrong? The day you buy until the cash comes from your cash account, the trade increases your holding value without decreasing the balance .. Sure - can't double dip buying, but the portfolio total value is out of wack.. And then with selling - it goes the other way.
I would have thought they'd have fixed that in the change from DB to JD...

bottomfeeder
28-06-2023, 01:31 PM
Has anyone else raised with them that when you have open trades your portfolio total value is wrong? The day you buy until the cash comes from your cash account, the trade increases your holding value without decreasing the balance .. Sure - can't double dip buying, but the portfolio total value is out of wack.. And then with selling - it goes the other way.

Yes its a nuisance, I make some purchases and have trades waiting to reach the buy figure (reserved funds) yet it looks like I have more money than I thought. The old direct site had this facility and disclosure for 20 years. Why are Jarden suddenly saying DUH!

warthog
28-06-2023, 07:17 PM

Needs an unsettled trades distinction.

t.rexjr
05-07-2023, 12:40 PM
The 'Company Announcements' are really clumsy now. You used to be able to navigate old announcement very easily. Now it's a hassle so I go direct to the exchanges websites. Which incidentally used to have a link from the DB page but now I have had to set up bookmarks. Ah well...

ronaldson
05-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Needs an unsettled trades distinction.

In a way it already does.

I have an unsettled sell trade currently. The Holdings balance correctly reflects that the stock is gone from the portfolio. Similarly, the Cash account balance correctly reflects that the proceeds haven't yet been received.

But then the Total balance of the account is MORE than the aggregate of the Holdings balance and the Cash account balance, by the net amount of the as yet unsettled sale.

I presume that works in reverse for a buy trade. The purchased stock appears immediately in the Holdings balance. The Cash account balance is unchanged because the required sum has not yet been applied to the settlement. But the total balance of the account will be shown as LESS than the aggregate of the Holdings balance and the Cash account balance.

ThaiJohn
05-07-2023, 03:52 PM
The whole things a dogs breakfast as far as I'm concerned. DB was far superior.

RTM
06-07-2023, 09:44 AM
The whole things a dogs breakfast as far as I'm concerned. DB was far superior.

From my perspective information provided seems pretty much the same as previously in DB. Neither were great and I’m looking forward to improvements going forward. The biggest gripe I have is:
Looking at my portfolio value….it gives me no idea whether it’s up or down on a specific day. So I have to remember somehow what it was on the last time I looked. Accordingly I keep a separate log. And then secondly, if it is up or down, there is no easy way to see which stocks have driven it there. Sure, I can look at the watch lists. But to figure out where I’ve made or lost I need to also know how many I am holding of each stock.

To get around this, I mirror the whole mess in Yahoo.

I wonder how long before we start to see some improvements ? It must help them to be only maintaining/servicing one platform now.

ThaiJohn
06-07-2023, 07:24 PM
I'm going to change brokers. Any suggestions? ASB?

Nor
06-07-2023, 07:30 PM
Be cool if they could introduce no fee on first trade of the day if it's under 1000 like a certain Aussie broker. Buy only that is.

Rawz
06-07-2023, 08:53 PM

I recently created a Jarden account and can tell you it is a million times better than the old ASB platform that hasnt changed in what..? 15 years?

I am not sure what all the complaining is about. The Jarden site is amazing. Shareies is really good too imo.

Im going to use Jarden for long term NZX holds. Sharesies for ASX and spec NZX buys

BlackPeter
07-07-2023, 09:34 AM

Mmh - currently have an account with ASB and one with Jarden (for different CSN numbers), and plan to watch the story unfold before I consolidate with one of them.

So far however I must say - Jarden is winning, despite all the hassles. Clear case of being the less ugly turd.
Better get used to turds ...

For beginners - ASB user interface is inferior (a huge step backward from direct broking, and still ways behind Jarden). ASB's brokerage is different than Jarden direct, and for my preferred parcel size (around $15k) it is 50% dearer (0.3% instead of 0.2%). ASB is however cheaper if you deal with smaller parcels. ASB's habit to send you for every transaction a separate confirmation email can drive one nuts. Buy a parcel of say 5000 shares and be unlucky to buy from plenty of sharesies investors, and you might get between 20 and 40 confirmation messages in your inbox instead of the one confirmation email per day Jarden would send you.

On the bright side ... I start to see as well some benefits in the new Jarden direct platform compared to Direct broking. I find some of the research details quite useful, if they just would provide as well on a separate tab the quick and easy portfolio overview (and changes) direct broking used to offer.

RTM
07-07-2023, 10:27 AM
Another positive is that the platform seems pretty stable. The conversion process happened well, no errors. All my shares and watchlists turned up in the new site. Oh, and my cash as well.
So unless there is a compelling alternative...I will be sticking with them. Better the devil you know.
Question: Can we have unlimited tickers on the watch lists in the new system ? Haven't checked this, so still maintaining separate ones....General, Property, Aussie, Power etc.
Would like to combine some. Perhaps to NZ and Aussie with like companies grouped.

I am looking forward to enhancements....but I am not holding my breath.

BlackPeter
07-07-2023, 11:07 AM
Another positive is that the platform seems pretty stable. The conversion process happened well, no errors. All my shares and watchlists turned up in the new site. Oh, and my cash as well.
So unless there is a compelling alternative...I will be sticking with them. Better the devil you know.
Question: Can we have unlimited tickers on the watch lists in the new system ? Haven't checked this, so still maintaining separate ones....General, Property, Aussie, Power etc.
Would like to combine some. Perhaps to NZ and Aussie with like companies grouped.

I am looking forward to enhancements....but I am not holding my breath.

To be fair ... there have been days during the conversion process where I would have liked to get somebody's butt at Jarden to kick. Some residual data from an earlier and thanks to Jarden's fault unsuccessful onboarding attempt clogged up the Jarden database and resulted not in a sensible error message but into sending me during the transfer process into an endless loop. Took three longer sessions with their Customer reps to resolve this issue. But hey, I went through it and finally reached successful the other side. Consider me a survivor of the transfer process :) ;

After that adventure - another issue recently when I tried (over the weekend) to setup a cash withdrawal and got "unable to connect to remote server" instead of a confirmation of my withdrawal instructions.

Their customer service looked into it the next working day (no 24/7 for them) and thought it was "just a glitch"- and yes, after that I could set up the withdrawal and got my money.

Not sure, whether I would call that so far "pretty stable "for a Banking application, but hey - "pretty" is obviously in the eyes of the beholder.

t.rexjr
07-07-2023, 11:41 AM

There is 1 major, major, major advantage with trading with ASB over Jarden. ASB action orders almost instantly if not instantly. It makes a huge difference when buying and selling. Huge

sb9
07-07-2023, 12:00 PM
There is 1 major, major, major advantage with trading with ASB over Jarden. ASB action orders almost instantly if not instantly. It makes a huge difference when buying and selling. Huge
Agree with that, order on ASB Sec go through within seconds, whereas with Jarden there’s at least 5min delay and that’s a lot of lost opportunity. Not sure why so much delay.

ronaldson
07-07-2023, 12:05 PM

Yes, I have experienced irritating delay in order processing to market and believe it should be more automated notwithstanding the need to confirm funds/existing holding. And yes, it does have the potential to miss a full or partial fill on occasion.

And I have yet to understand the rationale for the 20 min delay in real time pricing data/updates. This is surely for the potential benefit of brokers/institutional traders rather than retail clients. If I get sufficiently motivated, I will talk to the FMA about it. And personally, I believe all off-market crossings should be banned and all trades should go thru on-market based solely upon time of placement of orders so far as prioritisation in the queue is concerned.

blackcap
07-07-2023, 12:20 PM
Yes, I have experienced irritating delay in order processing to market and believe it should be more automated notwithstanding the need to confirm funds/existing holding. And yes, it does have the potential to miss a full or partial fill on occasion.

And I have yet to understand the rationale for the 20 min delay in real time pricing data/updates. This is surely for the potential benefit of brokers/institutional traders rather than retail clients. If I get sufficiently motivated, I will talk to the FMA about it. And personally, I believe all off-market crossings should be banned and all trades should go thru on-market based solely upon time of placement of orders so far as prioritisation in the queue is concerned.

What is your rationale for your last statement? If a broker has a buyer and a seller, why should they not be allowed to cross them (on market)? You know the broker could get the two parties together and organise them to complete an off market transfer form, send to the registry and that would have the same outcome. Except then the market is not informed. I think the current system is pretty good.

As for delays in processing that is not good. Only takes 2 seconds to determine if a client has money in their account.

As for the delay. Its a money thing. NZX charge the brokers for the live data. If you have done trades with them they will give you live depth.

RTM
07-07-2023, 12:39 PM

That's interesting, thanks. Guess this would be especially important for Traders...which I am not.
But yes...I can remember on the old system seeing orders sitting there not being processed which was more than annoying at times.
Generally not an issue for me and the way I do business now.

I thought it was quicker in the new system....but have no data to substantiate that one way or another.

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 03:26 PM
Cant log in. It just takes you to a sign up screen. Anyone else having problems or am I just the only one. Rang Jarden, they are going to give me a ticket. I wonder how long that is going to be. Same problem on all my devices and Laptop. Quite disconcerting. You feel like someones hacked your account.

stoploss
12-07-2023, 03:30 PM
Cant log in. It just takes to to a sign up screen. Anyone else having problems or am I just the only one. Rang Jarden, they are going to give me a ticket. I wonder how long that is going to be. Same problem on all my devices and Laptop. Quite disconcerting. You feel like someones hacked your account.
Working here

Rawz
12-07-2023, 03:31 PM
having no issues- try deleting your cookies and cached files. your browser will save parts of websites to load it faster in future. if the website is upgraded ,which is likely with Jarden, its possible your browser holds too many old files on the website.

(this is my basic understanding of how web pages/ online portals work)

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Just me then. Right after I watched that guy Latta talking about getting scammed. When things dont go well, you get concerned.
Never ever happened with Direct website. If its not reliable makes you wonder how safe you are.

RTM
12-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Thanks, Just me then. Right after I watched that guy Latta talking about getting scammed. When things dont go well, you get concerned.
Never ever happened with Direct website. If its not reliable makes you wonder how safe you are.

Try a different browser…e.g CHROME.

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 04:05 PM
Try a different browser…e.g CHROME.

Nope Chrome didnt work. I rang Jarden again. Just got the old platitudes "our team will be looking into it". Meanwhile I dont know what is going on with my money. Cant buy/sell/withdraw. Sometimes you dont have all week to make these decisions, and you cant monitor the SPs. Just stinks. We will see how long this goes on for.

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 04:12 PM
I am not suggesting this has anything to do with a scam. But if something like that ever happens, and you call, then tbey say we will look into it, and you cant get a reply right away then the next call is ,sorry but its too late.

Reminds me of the medical advice, to catch cancer early, but when you go in they cant refer you to a specialist for months or they say it looks allright, come back in a few months if it doesnt get better.

SCOTTY
12-07-2023, 05:25 PM
Nope Chrome didnt work. I rang Jarden again. Just got the old platitudes "our team will be looking into it". Meanwhile I dont know what is going on with my money. Cant buy/sell/withdraw. Sometimes you dont have all week to make these decisions, and you cant monitor the SPs. Just stinks. We will see how long this goes on for.

Check out my post #62

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 06:08 PM
How do I find post 62. Do I have to count them.

12-07-2023, 06:18 PM
How do I find post 62. Do I have to count them.

Look at your own post and note where it states #124

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 07:19 PM
Check out my post #62

I am on Android 12. So I dont think it has anything to do with my hardware.

bottomfeeder
12-07-2023, 07:23 PM
My 30 days must have been up. So if anyone out there logs out they will have difficulty logging back in. Perhaps.

12-07-2023, 07:28 PM
My 30 days must have been up. So if anyone out there logs out they will have difficulty logging back in. Perhaps.

Just log in with your details and then select how you want the code sent to you. I just use the text method and it works immediately.

ronaldson
12-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Derek from Jarden replied at 11.08am this morning thanking me for the email and feedback.

He confirms their IT team "are working on implementing this feature on the new website and it should be there on future website releases". He states they are happy to receive any feedback "good or bad".

So they are aware of this issue and if we are patient the problem will be rectified, probably soon. This has been a major project for them so we should give a little leeway in the circumstances given a fix is as good as promised.

Derek from Jarden emailed me earlier today but I have just reached it. In this instance we have a positive outcome. If a stock is being quoted as either ex dividend or cum dividend Derek tells me that overnight they have run a "fix" and if you view the Quote Page the "quote basis" is now shown.

There is just one stock my trust account holding that is currently affected by cum or ex dividend circumstance and that is Turners Automotive - TRA - (which is now ex dividend) so if you want to check how it is in real time just log in and get up the quote page for TRA so you can be familiar.

This is a very useful and pertinent improvement so I do believe that Jarden ARE making significant ongoing adjustments that improve site utility for users, and that our voices are heard despite some negativity on this thread.

It seems if there is nothing out of the normal affecting a quote then the reference on the page to "quote basis" simply does not appear.

Regards.

RTM
13-07-2023, 09:09 AM
Derek from Jarden emailed me earlier today but I have just reached it. In this instance we have a positive outcome. If a stock is being quoted as either ex dividend or cum dividend Derek tells me that overnight they have run a "fix" and if you view the Quote Page the "quote basis" is now shown.

There is just one stock my trust account holding that is currently affected by cum or ex dividend circumstance and that is Turners Automotive - TRA - (which is now ex dividend) so if you want to check how it is in real time just log in and get up the quote page for TRA so you can be familiar.

This is a very useful and pertinent improvement so I do believe that Jarden ARE making significant ongoing adjustments that improve site utility for users, and that our voices are heard despite some negativity on this thread.

It seems if there is nothing out of the normal affecting a quote then the reference on the page to "quote basis" simply does not appear.

Regards.

Thanks, I see it, appreciate you letting us know.
Ideally I would like Jarden to let users know of changes in functionality like this.
The6 must be able to email all ?

bottomfeeder
13-07-2023, 01:33 PM
Iam still not online. Just what is going on. Too many other problems to get onto me.

Rawz
13-07-2023, 01:44 PM
Iam still not online. Just what is going on. Too many other problems to get onto me.

Did you try deleting your cookies and cached files..?

bottomfeeder
13-07-2023, 10:44 PM
Back on deck. But it's a wake up call. Not to keep too much money in the call account. Not complaining about Jarden, but it can happen to any financiial business. Too much cash in any on call account at any bank, or financial institution, sets you up for some sort of hacking. Generally where it's no fault of your own you will eventually get it back, maybe. I can imagine it would be a stressful process and you would have to prove a lot of stuff.

RTM
14-07-2023, 10:34 AM
Back on deck. But it's a wake up call. Not to keep too much money in the call account. Not complaining about Jarden, but it can happen to any financiial business. Too much cash in any on call account at any bank, or financial institution, sets you up for some sort of hacking. Generally where it's no fault of your own you will eventually get it back, maybe. I can imagine it would be a stressful process and you would have to prove a lot of stuff.

Can you clarify what went on BF please. I keep a bit of cash in my cash accounts, and your post has me a wee bit concerned.

bottomfeeder
14-07-2023, 11:08 AM
After a day, I got an email, welcoming me to Jarden. I have my Jarden log in icon, on my home page on my phone and tablet, and as a favorite on my laptop. I just clicked it again and It started as normal as if I was logged in all along. The worry was I got a email which said I can log in from the link in the email. Now call me paranoid but my policy is never to log into money associated accounts fom an email link. There was no explanation from Jarden. Again not suggesting any thing is wrong with Jarden website. But if you ever do get scammed out of money, its always great in hindsight, when you realise just what a silly thing you did in plausible circumstances.

I think my fears on being scammed would have been allayed if Jardens had fixed this over the phone on my first call instead of left me hanging for a day and a half. Its going to be a nuisance to transfer funds from my bank to Jardens when I want to make a trade. Dont know about having large sums in a bank account either. But in all my days I have never but once not being able to log into my bank account. But that time I was not the only one. Just cant understand why it just happened to me with Jardens.

100k to me is a lot sitting on call when you cant see what is going on. But its all relative I suppose to what you are used to.

RTM
14-07-2023, 11:25 AM
After a day, I got an email, welcoming me to Jarden. I have my Jarden log in icon, on my home page on my phone and tablet, and as a favorite on my laptop. I just clicked it again and It started as normal as if I was logged in all along. The worry was I got a email which said I can log in from the link in the email. Now call me paranoid but my policy is never to log into money associated accounts fom an email link. There was no explanation from Jarden. Again not suggesting any thing is wrong with Jarden website. But if you ever do get scammed out of money, its always great in hindsight, when you realise just what a silly thing you did in plausible circumstances.

I think my fears on being scammed would have been allayed if Jardens had fixed this over the phone on my first call instead of left me hanging for a day and a half. Its going to be a nuisance to transfer funds from my bank to Jardens when I want to make a trade. Dont know about having large sums in a bank account either. But in all my days I have never but once not being able to log into my bank account. But that time I was not the only one. Just cant understand why it just happened to me with Jardens.

100k to me is a lot sitting on call when you cant see what is going on. But its all relative I suppose to what you are used to.

Yes, 100k is something I would look after as well.
So it doesn’t sound as tho you were being scammed, and that it was a mixup on logging in in the new system.
Good news, thanks.
I have had no issues like this with respect to the new JARDEN site. The conversion went well, everything was there, and I was able to login fine. Overall, within its limitations, it’s working fine for me and similar to the old DB one.

bottomfeeder
14-07-2023, 11:40 AM
Yes, 100k is something I would look after as well.
So it doesn’t sound as tho you were being scammed, and that it was a mixup on logging in in the new system.
Good news, thanks.
I have had no issues like this with respect to the new JARDEN site. The conversion went well, everything was there, and I was able to login fine. Overall, within its limitations, it’s working fine for me and similar to the old DB one.
Yes, that is what should be expected. But why just me. So its either a scam or my login problem. But on all my devices at the same time? So I changed my password. Still not aware why this happened.

t.rexjr
14-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Yes, that is what should be expected. But why just me. So its either a scam or my login problem. But on all my devices at the same time? So I changed my password. Still not aware why this happened.

I had an issue early on. It was due to trying to use existing bookmarks. Once I deleted them and re made new bookmarks I was away