PDA

View Full Version : Last one to leave NZ ….

Balance
06-06-2023, 07:49 AM
Switch off the lights and leave the country to the parasites, beneficiaries and losers being bred by Labour for their loyal votes :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/132109458/brain-drain-to-australia-increases-42-in-three-months

"The Australian Bureau recorded 12,650 New Zealanders arrived with the intention to stay during the first three months of the year – a 42% increase on the three months before.​"

“When I sold my car to a dealer, the seller asked me the reason why. When I told him, he mentioned that every day he had two to three customers selling their car for the same reason: moving to Australia.”

“They pushed us to give them a moving date because containers were getting full quickly due to people moving overseas,” she said.

Daytr
06-06-2023, 08:03 AM
Switch off the lights and leave the country to the parasites, beneficiaries and losers being bred by Labour for their loyal votes :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/132109458/brain-drain-to-australia-increases-42-in-three-months

As someone who came back to NZ 10 years ago after living in Sydney for 15 years, it's been an eye opener for sure. In that time NZ has become a very expensive place to live. However what has made things worse, post pandemic, is the wave of crime that goes unpunished and the lack of focus by the Government where their core roles are secondary to other agendas such as rebranding and road to zero etc rather than just fixing the roads.

I'm heading back to Sydney shortly for a visit so it will be interesting to compare again.

Bjauck
06-06-2023, 08:15 AM
It is sad that that this Labour govt, has bred a culture of entitlement. It is no solution to the existing entitlement in society that it inherited.

justakiwi
06-06-2023, 08:44 AM
If you don't pack your bags and leave now Balance, you are a total hypocrite. You spew forth a great many words, but you never ever back them up with actions.

Practice what you preach for once in your sad, sorry, self-absorbed, judgmental life.

Balance
06-06-2023, 09:34 AM
If you don't pack your bags and leave now Balance, you are a total hypocrite. You spew forth a great many words, but you never ever back them up with actions.

Practice what you preach for once in your sad, sorry, self-absorbed, judgmental life.

You asked me before and I have answered you - I fully intend to milk everything I can from these Labour losers I possibly can. You savvy or are you just plain to Ardern star struck to be able to comprehend anything anymore?

justakiwi
06-06-2023, 09:42 AM
That's BS and you know it. It's a fly-away comment used to provide (in your eyes) a legitimate excuse for not following your own advice. You will talk the talk till the cows come home, but you will never​ walk the walk. You are gutless and don't have the balls to actually pack up and leave.

I would actually have some respect for you if you did.

You asked me before and I have answered you - I fully intend to milk everything I can from these Labour losers I possibly can. You savvy or are you just plain to Ardern star struck to be able to comprehend anything anymore?

Balance
06-06-2023, 09:50 AM
That's BS and you know it. It's a fly-away comment used to provide (in your eyes) a legitimate excuse for not following your own advice. You will talk the talk till the cows come home, but you will never​ walk the walk. You are gutless and don't have the balls to actually pack up and leave.

I would actually have some respect for you if you did.

And what is your respect worth - as much as Clueless Cindy's BS and Spin?

You voted for her, not me just in case you try to hide from that decision.

The biggest transfer of wealth in NZ occurred under this Labour government - to property and asset owners from non-property owners, especially the young and elderly.

It's no wonder that the young are leaving NZ and I for one, encourage them to do so - the future is much brighter for them in Australia than in this racially & economic divided and woke-stricken land.

justakiwi
06-06-2023, 10:13 AM
I have not once hidden from that decision. You are also well aware that I have zero intention of voting Labour in August, yet you feel the need to continually respond to me with comments like this? It is nothing more than a feeble attempt at distraction. An attempt to get the focus off you, and your hypocrisy.

I feel incredibly sorry for you to be honest. You are so full of anger and hatred. I don't know what you have experienced in your life that caused you to be this way, but you were like this long before Labour won the last election. So there is a lot more to it than simply your disgust with the government. You need to find a way to deal with whatever is causing it, before you give yourself a heart attack or ulcer. Seriously.

You voted for her, not me just in case you try to hide from that decision.

Balance
06-06-2023, 10:28 AM
I have not once hidden from that decision. You are also well aware that I have zero intention of voting Labour in August, yet you feel the need to continually respond to me with comments like this? It is nothing more than a feeble attempt at distraction. An attempt to get the focus off you, and your hypocrisy.

I feel incredibly sorry for you to be honest. You are so full of anger and hatred. I don't know what you have experienced in your life that caused you to be this way, but you were like this long before Labour won the last election. So there is a lot more to it than simply your disgust with the government. You need to find a way to deal with whatever is causing it, before you give yourself a heart attack or ulcer. Seriously.

Thanks for your concern, JAK - I do appreciate it but ......

...... I suggest and highly recommend you give your concern to all the NZers whose lives have been wrecked by Clueless Cindy, Chip off the Old Block Ardern (Hipkins) and this Labour government.

The ones who cannot get proper medical treatment,

proper education,

decent housing and

who cannot put food on the table while

grappling with ever increasing levels of crime.

Meanwhile, this government YOU VOTED IN continues with its aim of making all NZers into beneficiaries, parasites and loyal Labour supporters.

Note the karma you invoke by voting in Ardern, useless and clueless as she proceeded to destroy NZ.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/05/15/women-caught-in-breast-cancer-screening-fails-all-harmed-patient/

"Breast screening delays and failures put women's lives at risk."

Daytr
06-06-2023, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your concern, JAK - I do appreciate it but ......

...... I suggest and highly recommend you give your concern to all the NZers whose lives have been wrecked by Clueless Cindy, Chip off the Old Block Ardern (Hipkins) and this Labour government.

The ones who cannot get proper medical treatment,

proper education,

decent housing and

who cannot put food on the table while

grappling with ever increasing levels of crime.

Meanwhile, this government YOU VOTED IN continues with its aim of making all NZers into beneficiaries, parasites and loyal Labour supporters.

Note the karma you invoke by voting in Ardern, useless and clueless as she proceeded to destroy NZ.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/05/15/women-caught-in-breast-cancer-screening-fails-all-harmed-patient/

"Breast screening delays and failures put women's lives at risk."

National gutted health, education, sold off state houses.
The cost of living in NZ was out of control way before the pandemic put it on steroids.

Key sold off 50% equity in the power companies and electricity prices have spiraled higher ever since.

I don't have much time for Labour but please don't suggest that the Right are going to improve social services. Their track record is abysmal in the areas you pointed out.

Balance
06-06-2023, 02:00 PM
National gutted health, education, sold off state houses.
The cost of living in NZ was out of control way before the pandemic put it on steroids.

Key sold off 50% equity in the power companies and electricity prices have spiraled higher ever since.

I don't have much time for Labour but please don't suggest that the Right are going to improve social services. Their track record is abysmal in the areas you pointed out.

The stats and facts do not support your contention so go back to square one and try again.

Panda-NZ-
06-06-2023, 02:24 PM

The very finest of labourers and truck drivers leave while tax free property investors with 8 houses remain.

davflaws
06-06-2023, 02:35 PM

Seriously - I suggest you stop feeding the troll. We may yet get a National/ACT government as full of the milk of human kindness as Balance obviously is, but trying to engage with him is futile IMO.

Daytr
06-06-2023, 03:14 PM
QUOTE=Balance;1006414]The stats and facts do not support your contention so go back to square one and try again.[/QUOTE]

You are in complete denial.
Rotten hospital & school buildings. No new hospitals and very few classrooms built.
Underpaid health & education workers.
And it's a fact that Nation sold social houses and didn't build any!

I'm not some Labour flag bearer I am a centrist that has voted both left & right and I don't have one eye closed as you do.

thegreatestben
06-06-2023, 03:17 PM
It's probably a good thing National sold off a number of social houses, they're (Kainga Ora/Labour) struggling to manage their portfolio and obligations as landlords as is.

Balance
06-06-2023, 05:50 PM
Seriously - I suggest you stop feeding the troll. We may yet get a National/ACT government as full of the milk of human kindness as Balance obviously is, but trying to engage with him is futile IMO.

davflaws - you adopted Maori culture? Remember your assertion that a NZer has no culture unless they are Maori or adopt Maori culture?

Luckily the rest of us are very very proud of our heritage and xdo not suffer from the pathetic cultural cringe like you do.

Balance
06-06-2023, 05:51 PM
You are in complete denial.
Rotten hospital & school buildings. No new hospitals and very few classrooms built.
Underpaid health & education workers.
And it's a fact that Nation sold social houses and didn't build any!

I'm not some Labour flag bearer I am a centrist that has voted both left & right and I don't have one eye closed as you do.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

Savvy?

Daytr
06-06-2023, 07:12 PM
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

Savvy?

And how did the blind know he wasn't an out and out liar as they couldn't see if he could see.

Savvy?

Actually that saying reminds me of Luxon the least authentic person in politics. You cannot live one way & go against your beliefs to live another. Mind you most Christians forget one of Christ's most important teachings. You know the one about the camel & the eye of the needle.

Balance
06-06-2023, 09:03 PM
And how did the blind know he wasn't an out and out liar as they couldn't see if he could see.

Savvy?

Actually that saying reminds me of Luxon the keast authentic person in politics. You cannot live one way & go against your beliefs to live another. Mind you most Christians forget one of Christ's most important teachings. You know the one about the camel & the eye of the needle.

And what has Ardern & Hipkins delivered but spin and BS? That’s preferable in your view?

SBQ
06-06-2023, 09:24 PM
@ Balance:

As an expat Canadian living in NZ for nearly 25 years, I would move my family back to Canada in a heart beat. However, unlike most things in life, you simply can't divorce or rid you extended family. Relatives, relationships and bonds strongly made during my stay in NZ. So my only recourse would be what Balance does and that is to complain about the Labour Party and the damage Jacinda has done.

Like yourself, I also encourage the young and new uni grads to move to Australia. But if you asked me 10 years ago, I would be singing a different tune. Economist Bernard Hickey has also made this claim 2 years ago:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/25-06-2021/bernard-hickey-how-hope-for-a-generation-was-lost

People have short term memories. That's the whole problem with people when they vote. They have an expectation that the gov't should be giving voters some entitlement. As Milton Friedman (nobel prize winner in Econoimcs) said and i'm paraphrasing, "In the realm of inflation, don't blame the gov't for causing inflation... no no.. blame yourself, the voters that put political leaders in power, which at the end reward themselves and to the lessor part, the voters in ways that only involve gov't spending:

https://youtu.be/F94jGTWNWsA?t=128

But if you go ask the commoner in NZ what causes inflation, they would say something else than the gov't, and if you ask the gov't what causes inflation (particularly the Green Party), they would say it's "Greedy Corporations" raising prices that cause inflation.

Balance
15-06-2023, 08:08 AM
Cold morning so householders in parts of Auckland are without power - Labour/Green government’s energy strategy in action. ;)

Could be that the last person to leave NZ for Australia will not have to switch off the power as there will be none!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300905876/parts-of-auckland-without-power-for-second-day-as-temperatures-hover-at-5c

Daytr
15-06-2023, 10:04 AM
And what has Ardern & Hipkins delivered but spin and BS? That’s preferable in your view?

Actually comparative to Governments of the last 20 years, quite a bit. Sure they have undelivered compared to what they promised by some margin but at least they had ambition that others didn't.

They are the first Government to deliver on housing in decades.
When was the last hospital built in NZ prior to this government?
They have made some strides in creating a response to climate change.
How many classrooms were built by previous recent governments comparatively?
Got NZ through four major events in quick succession. (I include Gabriel)
Started remediation work on rotten hospitals & schools ignored by previous Governments.

Have they had their faults? No doubt. But it's easy not to be criticized when you don't attempt anything and this is the legacy of the Key Government. Many of the issues NZ is facing have been building for decades and it is the inaction of previous Governments, both Labour & National that the impacts associated with the pandemic laid bare.

Remember the stark choice NZ had at the 2020 election between Ardern & Collins & NZ resoundingly endorsed Ardern for her leadership particularly in a time of crisis. How many PMs in NZ can be attributed for saving 1000s of lives?

Unfortunately Ardern couldn't get out of crisis mode, which I think had become ingrained and the NZ population had moved on, unfortunately she hadn't. Ardern was a leader for the time but I was one of the many that agreed that she had to go.

So now we face an election of a party in power who flops from one mini debacle after another vs the leader of the opposition who has the integrity and ambition of a slug and who clearly does not believe in Climate Change or has any regard for the environment.

Not great options for the voter who wants to see positive change, rather than the same old regressive policy.

Hey but at least we aren't the US or the UK for that matter!

justakiwi
15-06-2023, 10:07 AM
Excellent post. Spot on.

Actually comparative to Governments of the last 20 years, quite a bit. Sure they have undelivered compared to what they promised by some margin but at least they had ambition that others didn't.

Started remediation work on rotten hospitals & schools ignored by previous Governments.

Have they had their faults? No doubt. But it's easy not to be criticized when you don't attempt anything and this is the legacy of the Key Government. Many of the issues NZ is facing have been building for decades and it is the inaction of previous Governments, both Labour & National that the impacts associated with the pandemic laid bare.

Remember the stark choice NZ had at the 2020 election between Ardern & Collins & NZ resoundingly endorsed Ardern for her leadership particularly in a time of crisis. How many PMs in NZ can be attributed for saving 1000s of lives?

Unfortunately Ardern couldn't get out of crisis mode, which I think had become ingrained and the NZ population had moved on, unfortunately she hadn't. Ardern was a leader for the time but I was one of the many that agreed that she had to go.

So now we face an election of a party in power who flops from one mini debacle after another vs the leader of the opposition who has the integrity and ambition of a slug and who clearly does not believe in Climate Change or has any regard for the environment.

Not great options for the voter who wants to see positive change, rather than the same old regressive policy.

Logen Ninefingers
15-06-2023, 11:26 AM

It seems like you’ve simply swallowed the ‘9 years of neglect’ propaganda bs hook, line, and sinker & are regurgitating Labour and Union talking points.

National delivered on the Waterview Tunnel and had a ‘Roads of National Significance’ programme, and were promptly attacked by Labour and the Greens for building roads and encouraging fossil fuel use (if we don’t build and maintain roads, what will the electric cars drive on(?))
The Labour muppets scrapped a new highway between Waihi and Tauranga, and as a consequence this road today is an absolute debacle of endless roadworks, low speed areas, cones for Africa….a complete shambles.

For all the billions and billions that Labour have thrown at health, where are the tangible outcomes? Where is the proof-positive that Labour has done a far better job than National? Where are the reduced waiting lists? Where are the multiple new hospitals? The additional billions have been eaten up by the bureaucracy, with nothing in the way of improved outcomes delivered.

The Labour agenda is always to increase the bureaucracy, the number of public servants, with no tangible improvement in public services. Numbers of middle managers, communications staff, consultants, and other assorted troughers go through the roof, and all we see is increased public debt as a result.

You talk of the crises that Labour has navigated with no mention of a little event called the Global Financial Crisis, plus two Christchurch earthquakes and the Kaikōura earthquake. National did not impose harsh austerity in the wake of these events, but instead borrowed to ‘get us through’ - and were castigated by the Left wing troll army for it.

With China still burning through 2 billion tonnes of coal a year our ‘approach to climate change’ needs to focus on adaptation rather than beating up on a handful of highly efficient Kiwi farmers who feed 40 million people. There is no dome over New Zealand, the big polluters - China, India, the USA - won’t modify their behaviour, and crushing our productive sector is not going to magically alter this situation.

You say Labour has delivered on housing. Surely you jest? On KiwiBuild nothing of any substance was delivered. As much as you and Labour try to sweep that under the carpet it just won’t wash. Labour said they would ‘solve the housing crisis’ - it has become much worse on their watch & a government elected in 2017 to still be bleating in 2023 “we inherited a housing crisis!” is pathetic. More than 20,000 people in temporary housing. Btw, many properties sold under National were multi-million dollar ‘mansions’ & were simply not suitable to be used as state houses.

Logen Ninefingers
15-06-2023, 11:30 AM

“They are the first Government to deliver on housing in decades.” said daytr

———

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/122149832/government-sells-30m-worth-of-state-houses-after-labour-promised-to-stop-sales

Government sells $30m worth of state houses after Labour promised to stop sales

John Anthony

12:23, Jul 17 2020

‘The Government has sold at least 146 state homes, worth more than $30 million, since late 2017, according to figures released under the Official Information Act from state housing agency Kāinga Ora.

In the lead up to the 2017 election Labour said if elected it would immediately end the sale of state houses.

In December that year, former housing minister Phil Twyford issued a press release titled: Government stops the sale of state houses.

However, towards the bottom of the statement, Twyford said it would still sell houses that were no longer fit for purpose.

A spokeswoman for Housing Minister Megan Woods said the Government made it clear that stopping the sell-off of state housing did not mean some individual houses that were not fit for purpose would not be sold.’

Blue Skies
15-06-2023, 12:12 PM
Just a reality check.
National & ACT's frequently repeated claim about Labour's agenda is always to increase the bureaucracy & numbers of troughers going through the roof, is a myth.

Its sad they see this group many of whom work incredibly long hours & are dedicated to their jobs are seen as a target to be exploited & abused for political purposes.

We even see some posters on here, without any figures or facts to back up this assertion, just thoughtlessly swallowing National's claim bureaucracy has "ballooned massively" is recent years, & then repeating these attack on the Public Service from National.

In fact the size of the Public Service has remained remarkably stable at around 20% of all employment for decades..
20% under John Key, 20% under Bill English, 20% under Jacinda Ardern.

The size of the Public Service in Australia & the UK are similar levels.

Transparency International ranks NZ's Public Service as the most trusted in the world.
NZ along with Denmark & Finland the least corrupt Public Sector in the world.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/129864996/we-may-have-more-public-servants-but-nzs-public-sector-isnt-bloated

Daytr
15-06-2023, 12:32 PM
Logen Nine Fingers, I agree National are good at building roads, it about the only thing they concentrated on in their 9 years of Government. You know those boys & their tonka toys, they love to come out in play. Its just a pity they ignored the rotting hospitals & schools. Didn't pay our nurses or teachers so they were so far behind the eight ball when Labour came in a serious catch up was required. They gutted the DOC and turned it into Tourism NZ.
I voted for Key in his first term and he had so much political capital it's a shame he squandered most of it.

As for new hospitals, one of the biggest capital spends in health in decades is the new hospital being built in Dunedin. They are looking to virtually rebuild the rotten hospital in Whangarei, they have done the same at Middlemore and have expanded considerably the hospital in Kawakawa the Far North. There are bound to be others that I'm not aware of.

Why would you quote an article from three years ago?
Labour has sold unsuitable state houses but has now increased public housing stock by a net 12,000.
As for National...
National Party admits it sold too many state houses | Stuff.co.nz (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300050892/national-party-admits-it-sold-too-many-state-houses)

Yes, NZ got through the GFC relatively unscathed but some of that is also due to the shape the books were in that Key inherited. As for the Christchurch rebuild? REally you put that down as an achievement. Brownlee was a bumbling idiot who thought he was above the law and much of the rebuild was fraught with incompetence.

Do you remember the on-going Novopay debacle?

As for climate change, you are either inside the tent or part of the problem. Trade agreements are now more and more including action on climate change as a base line. We cannot be in a position to pressure change of other countries if we don't set an example ourselves. We have far too many cows in NZ and that's not just in relation to emissions, but the degradation of our soils and water quality.

In Australia they have a group of independent politicians that join forces under the Teal banner, and it is gaining traction and they have a fair bit of sway as can hold the balance of power. We are sorely missing something similar in NZs political landscape.

Logen Ninefingers
15-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Logen Nine Fingers, I agree National are good at building roads, it about the only thing they concentrated on in their 9 years of Government. You know those boys & their tonka toys, they love to come out in play. Its just a pity they ignored the rotting hospitals & schools. Didn't pay our nurses or teachers so they were so far behind the eight ball when Labour came in a serious catch up was required. They gutted the DOC and turned it into Tourism NZ.
I voted for Key in his first term and he had so much political capital it's a shame he squandered most of it.

As for new hospitals, one of the biggest capital spends in health in decades is the new hospital being built in Dunedin. They are looking to virtually rebuild the rotten hospital in Whangarei, they have done the same at Middlemore and have expanded considerably the hospital in Kawakawa the Far North. There are bound to be others that I'm not aware of.

Why would you quote an article from three years ago?
Labour has sold unsuitable state houses but has now increased public housing stock by a net 12,000.
As for National...
National Party admits it sold too many state houses | Stuff.co.nz (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300050892/national-party-admits-it-sold-too-many-state-houses)

Yes, NZ got through the GFC relatively unscathed but some of that is also due to the shape the books were in that Key inherited. As for the Christchurch rebuild? REally you put that down as an achievement. Brownlee was a bumbling idiot who thought he was above the law and much of the rebuild was fraught with incompetence.

Do you remember the on-going Novopay debacle?

As for climate change, you are either inside the tent or part of the problem. Trade agreements are now more and more including action on climate change as a base line. We cannot be in a position to pressure change of other countries if we don't set an example ourselves. We have far too many cows in NZ and that's not just in relation to emissions, but the degradation of our soils and water quality.

In Australia they have a group of independent politicians that join forces under the Teal banner, and it is gaining traction and they have a fair bit of sway as can hold the balance of power. We are sorely missing something similar in NZs political landscape.

Christchurch rebuild > ‘Kiwibuild’

You seem like a hardcore Labour voter & watermelon from where I sit. Very willing to recycle Labour and left wing media talking points, right down to the ‘rotting hospitals’. What on earth would possess someone like you to vote for Key, did you tick the wrong box by mistake(?)

nztx
15-06-2023, 01:03 PM

You seem like a hardcore Labour voter & watermelon from where I sit. Very willing to recycle Labour and left wing media talking points, right down to the ‘rotting hospitals’. What on earth would possess someone like you to vote for Key, did you tick the wrong box by mistake(?)

It would be Crisis if there weren't a long sequence of many crisises during Labour terms :)

otherwise Labour would be seen for what they in reality represent :)

Are the Back Office Crisis Creation and Spin Team looking for new day jobs yet ? ;)

Or are they still hoping Robbo will get the Job Insurance proposal through before the sh^t really hits the fan ? :)

Daytr
15-06-2023, 01:09 PM

No its because you have not one but two eye patches on. I have no idea what you mean by watermelon however I'm sure it's derogatory.

I have voted right more often than I have voted left, so a centrist swing voter that votes accordingto leadership & policy. Something that is sorely missing on both sides of the political divide currently.

I could vote right again if & its a big if a party on the right took the environment seriously. Unfortunately environmental issues are only domain of the left, hence my comment about the Teals.

Panda-NZ-
15-06-2023, 01:58 PM
The size of the Public Service in Australia & the UK are similar levels.

Transparency International ranks NZ's Public Service as the most trusted in the world.
NZ along with Denmark & Finland the least corrupt Public Sector in the world.

They get so much hate from the right that they should be a protected minority. :)

Do private companies like UK’s Serco charging the taxpayer for stuff we used to do in-house ("privatised govt services") count as a public service.

Logen Ninefingers
15-06-2023, 02:24 PM
They get so much hate from the right that they should be a protected minority.

Do private companies like Serco charging the taxpayer for stuff we used to do in-house ("privatised govt services") count as a public service.

The public service has been growing like Topsy under Labour but it is highly questionable that better public services are being delivered. Nothing to do with ‘hate from the right’, it’s about Labour turning New Zealand into another Greece.

SBQ
15-06-2023, 04:03 PM
My wife works in Public Health (Te Whata Ora??) Anyways in her accounting work and she has to relay at corporate level to lower level admins, there's nothing but massive amounts of waste in the heath department. Hire more labour, admins, or people called "Team Leaders" which 90% of the time they sit in their cubicle doing nothing. Their day to day routine is do a few emails and that is their whole morning. Do a visit here and there and expect the same pay as a doctor or nurse. From her daily happenings at work, i'm more than convinced the Labour Party has done nothing but waste $$ in health care. More funding but the outcomes to the needy have not improved. Meanwhile 1000s in the health care industry have fled to Australia. Elected surgeries get deferred longer and longer. We really never had these problems under John Key's time.

Daytr
15-06-2023, 05:26 PM
My wife works in Public Health (Te Whata Ora??) Anyways in her accounting work and she has to relay at corporate level to lower level admins, there's nothing but massive amounts of waste in the heath department. Hire more labour, admins, or people called "Team Leaders" which 90% of the time they sit in their cubicle doing nothing. Their day to day routine is do a few emails and that is their whole morning. Do a visit here and there and expect the same pay as a doctor or nurse. From her daily happenings at work, i'm more than convinced the Labour Party has done nothing but waste $$ in health care. More funding but the outcomes to the needy have not improved. Meanwhile 1000s in the health care industry have fled to Australia. Elected surgeries get deferred longer and longer. We really never had these problems under John Key's time.

Sorry, how does your accountant wife know that they sit in their cubicles & do nothing or what their day to day routine is? Asking for a friend.

SBQ
15-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Sorry, how does your accountant wife know that they sit in their cubicles & do nothing or what their day to day routine is? Asking for a friend.

She has her own office room that is upstairs in the building complex. Meaning looking out her window she is able to see all the cubicles, and who is there or not or if they're busy talking with co-workers or hanging out in the kitchen. The minimal effort productivity is typical of gov't operations but the pay is not value for the tax payer.

This is why I advocate for lower taxes in NZ because the only way to reign in the wasteful spending by our gov't is to simply take away more of IRD's tax revenue, which gives the gov't less to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZHXOPepWU

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 07:21 AM
Hypocrite Hipkins has the nerve to show up to open a National roading project that Labour opposed.

————

‘Prime Minister Chris Hipkins will officially open the $880 million Pūhoi to Warkworth motorway this morning - a project opposed and mocked by Labour as a “holiday highway” and part of National’s “Roads of National Significance” programme.

Hipkins will be accompanied by Associate Transport Minister Kiri Allan at a ceremony to mark the completion of the new section of SH1 and the $62m Te Honohono ki Tai Matakana Link Rd that avoids Warkworth’s infamous Hill St intersection.’

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 07:23 AM

Daytr pretends to be politically neutral, yet jumps on anyone who questions his Labourite narratives.

Panda-NZ-
16-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Daytr pretends to be politically neutral, yet jumps on anyone who questions his Labourite narratives.

There's not a real opposition though that offers anything new.

Imagine coming up with the same agenda you've had for 40 years, and then pretending it's going to work this time.

Balance
16-06-2023, 08:13 AM

Imagine coming up with the same agenda you've had for 40 years.. and pretending it's going to work this time.

From the ignoramus Labour peasant who wanted Ryman to go bankrupt by loading up with more debt to do a share buyback - that’s doing things the Ardern, Hipkins & Robertson way.

Borrow, squander and breed beneficiaries, parasites and losers as long as they vote Labour.

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 09:21 AM

Imagine coming up with the same agenda you've had for 40 years, and then pretending it's going to work this time.

‘Imagine coming up with the same agenda you've had for 40 years, and then pretending it's going to work this time.’

You’ve just summed up the Labour party in one sentence. Hipkins opening a roading project instigated by National and opposed by Labour because the reds have nothing to show for 2 terms in government. “Let’s do this!”

Daytr
16-06-2023, 09:36 AM

You are living in your own imaginary world.
If you weren't so blind you would see I have criticized both sides of the political fence.

I have no idea who I will vote for in October as I don't see any option as appealing or that will be of benefit to NZs future.

However the right wing Zealots & childish name calling on these threads certainly isn't going to win anyone over.

Blue Skies
16-06-2023, 09:51 AM
Earlier this week the IMF (International Monetary Fund) issued its latest assessment of the NZ economy, saying NZ had recovered faster than most other advanced economies thanks to "Exemplary management of the pandemic" but said "generous" government support & investment "came at the cost of overheating".

NZ is in the midst of a necessary, policy induced slowdown following the strong post- pandemic recovery."

With very low unemployment & the economy only just nudging technically into a recession, the Reserve Bank has engineered precisely the soft landing it intended.

All this achieved on top of the 2 catastrophic Cyclones,Cyclone Hale & Cyclone Gabrielle which have destroyed so many peoples lives, their homes, livelihoods, roads, bridges, schools, vast areas of productive agricultural land, forests etc which need govt support to be rebuilt.

Of course there are individual/ pockets of the economy which are struggling, & its understandable those people will be pessimistic & blame the govt for everything, but the macro picture is good.

You can either choose to keep catastrophising & whining & running the country down like radio employees Hoskins, Hawkesby, & of course Chris Luxon, or listen to the assessment of a serious economic organisation like the IMF.
I know which I prefer.

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2023/06/13/new-zealand-staff-concluding-statement-of-the-2023-article-iv-mission

Bjauck
16-06-2023, 09:51 AM
She has her own office room that is upstairs in the building complex. Meaning looking out her window she is able to see all the cubicles, and who is there or not or if they're busy talking with co-workers or hanging out in the kitchen. The minimal effort productivity is typical of gov't operations but the pay is not value for the tax payer.

This is why I advocate for lower taxes in NZ because the only way to reign in the wasteful spending by our gov't is to simply take away more of IRD's tax revenue, which gives the gov't less to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZHXOPepWU
Also the amount of tax raised is not the problem but how it is raised. Neither major party are prepared to undertake major reform.

Panda-NZ-
16-06-2023, 10:09 AM
In NZ we have scandanavian levels of income taxation at the lower end without any of the social services provided.

justakiwi
16-06-2023, 10:33 AM
Hear, hear!

You are living in your own imaginary world.
If you weren't so blind you would see I have criticized both sides of the political fence.

I have no idea who I will vote for in October as I don't see any option as appealing or that will be of benefit to NZs future.

However the right wing Zealots & childish name calling on these threads certainly isn't going to win anyone over.

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 10:57 AM
I don’t post to ‘win anyone over’, I post to counter the left wing / (left wing) media narratives that are swallowed hook, line, and sinker by people like datyr. As far as name calling goes we all remember Shonkey, Donkey, Smile and Wave, Soimon, Tories, NACT’s and all the other ‘childish’ derogatory epithets used by the left wing hypocrites.

Panda-NZ-
16-06-2023, 11:16 AM
I don’t post to ‘win anyone over’, I post to counter the left wing / (left wing) media narratives that are swallowed hook, line, and sinker by people like datyr.

What media narrative, as far as I've seen they can't stop talking about crime and other issues favourable to National (while as always ignoring the international situation).

Balance
16-06-2023, 11:45 AM
What media narrative, as far as I've seen they can't stop talking about crime and other issues favourable to National (while as always ignoring the international situation).

From the ignoramus Labour peasant who wanted Ryman to go bankrupt by loading up with more debt to do a share buyback - that’s doing things the Ardern, Hipkins & Robertson way.

Borrow, squander and breed beneficiaries, parasites and losers as long as they vote Labour.

Panda-NZ-
16-06-2023, 11:49 AM

Why haven't you entered the stock competition balance - a chance to prove those great skills you supposedly have (skills other than posting a copy and paste response).

Balance
16-06-2023, 11:55 AM
Why haven't you entered the stock competition balance - a chance to prove those great skills you supposedly have (skills other than posting a copy and paste response).

justakiwi
16-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Your really need to get some new material Balance. God you're boring.

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 12:10 PM

So you expect the media to not report the brutal murders, gang intimidation and violence, random assaults, ram raids etc that are occurring in the current crime rampage? I believe they have little choice but to report these stories.

Balance
16-06-2023, 12:29 PM

Boring is good when it’s repeating the truth.

JAK - the Ardern admirer.

davflaws
16-06-2023, 12:31 PM

He's a troll. Don't feed him.

justakiwi
16-06-2023, 12:37 PM
I know, but you know what? I'm so tired of the trolls having free rein to post their crap. Nobody ever holds them accountable. Why should the rest of us have to put up with it? We are all just enabling this trolling behaviour.

Balance
16-06-2023, 12:49 PM

Better be a troll or anything else than a corrupted and indoctrinated Labour spin artist & BS parasite like you.

Daytr
16-06-2023, 12:50 PM
davflaws, JAK, their ranting posts are just tedious. No balance despite the moniker, no substance and nothing constructive.
Luxon didn't have to look very far for his bunch of whingers as they following him like sheep.

Logen Ninefingers
16-06-2023, 01:24 PM
‘After cutting the ribbon on the new motorway, Hipkins said it was wrong of Labour to call it the ‘holiday highway’.’

davflaws
16-06-2023, 02:00 PM
I know, but you know what? I'm so tired of the trolls having free rein to post their crap. Nobody ever holds them accountable. Why should the rest of us have to put up with it? We are all just enabling this trolling behaviour.

I don't have an answer. I don't think there is much prospect that Balance will change either his personality and values or his online behavior. I have found that trying to get him to actually engage with any coherent argument is futile. It is ironic that someone who hates and despises Trump behaves just like him.

nztx
16-06-2023, 02:02 PM
davflaws, JAK, their ranting posts are just tedious. No balance despite the moniker, no substance and nothing constructive.
Luxon didn't have to look very far for his bunch of whingers as they following him like sheep.

Sheep might be becoming more rare .. Labour are having to import some more to fill the gaps and make up their Voter numbers in case you hadn't noticed ;)

Labour supporters are also rumoured to be becoming rarer as COL and every other imaginable cost increase under the sun burns all harder

A spot in your backyard for a dozen tents to house some of them ? :)

Balance
28-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Remember how arrogant this Labour government was last year about tens of thousands of potential skilled and qualified migrants were waiting to beat a door to NZ?

So NZ can afford to be very selective and tight with immigration policies?

Well, here's where that arrogance has landed NZ :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018895961/immigration-drive-hasn-t-recruited-a-single-gp-in-nearly-8-months

"An immigration service set up by Health New Zealand in October still has not recruited any overseas GPs almost eight months later. Te Whatu Ora's International Recruitment Centre aims to make it "as easy as possible" for international health professionals to move to Aoteroa."

Not a sausage, not one!

Meanwhile, because of the shortage of health workers, Aotearoa’s 15 kidney dialysis units are operating in a “crisis situation,” struggling to cope with growing numbers of patients, too few treatment areas and chronic under-staffing, a report has found.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/132432560/kidney-dialysis-units-in-crisis-amid-chronic-understaffing-and-rise-in-patient-numbers

Basically, health professionals/workers are leaving NZ while few healthcare migrants are prepared to come to NZ's racist, underfunded and under pressure healthcare system.

Leave NZ to the parasites, beneficiaries and losers bred so very prolifically and efficiently by this useless Labour government.

justakiwi
28-06-2023, 09:55 AM
And leave it to you, to spend what feels like 24/7, regurgitating the same, never-ending, monotonous narrative. You really need to expand your vocabulary. PM me your address and I'll send you a thesaurus.

Leave NZ to the parasites, beneficiaries and losers bred so very prolifically and efficiently by this useless Labour government.

Balance
28-06-2023, 09:57 AM
And leave it to you, to spend what feels like 24/7, regurgitating the same, never-ending, monotonous narrative. You really need to expand your vocabulary. PM me your address and I'll send you a thesaurus.

Continue to close your eyes and ears, JAK, to what is really happening out there.

You are getting the NZ you wanted when you voted in the deceitful and useless Cindy.

Enjoy!

justakiwi
28-06-2023, 10:46 AM
You are completely missing the point Balance. I am perfectly capable of seeing it for myself. I simply don’t need you pointing it out every minute of the day. Just let people work it out for themselves and form their own conclusions. You are literally never going to change anyone’s mind when it comes to politics. You are wasting your time and breath if you think otherwise.

Continue to close your eyes and ears, JAK, to what is really happening out there.

You are getting the NZ you wanted when you voted in the deceitful and useless Cindy.

Enjoy!

Balance
28-06-2023, 11:32 AM
You are completely missing the point Balance. I am perfectly capable of seeing it for myself. I simply don’t need you pointing it out every minute of the day. Just let people work it out for themselves and form their own conclusions. You are literally never going to change anyone’s mind when it comes to politics. You are wasting your time and breath if you think otherwise.

You will be surprised how many minds are being changed, JAK.

White middle class NZers will determine the outcome of this October's election - not the Maori/Pacifica votes which are with the left.

You BTW do not belong to that class.

Logen Ninefingers
28-06-2023, 11:35 AM
Remember how arrogant this Labour government was last year about tens of thousands of potential skilled and qualified migrants were waiting to beat a door to NZ?

So NZ can afford to be very selective and tight with immigration policies?

Well, here's where that arrogance has landed NZ :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018895961/immigration-drive-hasn-t-recruited-a-single-gp-in-nearly-8-months

"An immigration service set up by Health New Zealand in October still has not recruited any overseas GPs almost eight months later. Te Whatu Ora's International Recruitment Centre aims to make it "as easy as possible" for international health professionals to move to Aoteroa."

Not a sausage, not one!

Meanwhile, because of the shortage of health workers, Aotearoa’s 15 kidney dialysis units are operating in a “crisis situation,” struggling to cope with growing numbers of patients, too few treatment areas and chronic under-staffing, a report has found.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/132432560/kidney-dialysis-units-in-crisis-amid-chronic-understaffing-and-rise-in-patient-numbers

Basically, health professionals/workers are leaving NZ while few healthcare migrants are prepared to come to NZ's racist, underfunded and under pressure healthcare system.

I don’t have an issue with a select group of highly skilled immigrants coming here, but 100,000+ people per year incoming when we aren’t building the complementary hospitals, schools, wastewater services etc just doesn’t make sense. Many of these people end up bringing their elderly parents who haven’t contributed one dollar to infrastructure here and will no doubt have all the health issues that go along with old age. Right now we need more immigrant nurses and doctors and teachers to medically treat & school the parents and children of immigrants. Make it make sense.
While the government can easily bring in over 100,000 new people a year they have no incentive to get anyone off ‘Job Seeker’. We are perpetuating the mistakes of the past, we are perpetuating the policies that lead to New Zealand becoming a low wage economy. The government needs to stop doing the lazy and convenient but stupid things that gave us an overloaded health system, clogged and pot holed roads, and a housing crisis.

Balance
28-06-2023, 11:52 AM
I don’t have an issue with a select group of highly skilled immigrants coming here, but 100,000+ people per year incoming when we aren’t building the complementary hospitals, schools, wastewater services etc just doesn’t make sense. Many of these people end up bringing their elderly parents who haven’t contributed one dollar to infrastructure here and will no doubt have all the health issues that go along with old age. Right now we need more immigrant nurses and doctors and teachers to medically treat & school the parents and children of immigrants. Make it make sense.
While the government can easily bring in over 100,000 new people a year they have no incentive to get anyone off ‘Job Seeker’. We are perpetuating the mistakes of the past, we are perpetuating the policies that lead to New Zealand becoming a low wage economy. The government needs to stop doing the lazy and convenient but stupid things that gave us an overloaded health system, clogged and pot holed roads, and a housing crisis.

I agree with 100% but the horse (so to speak) has well and truly bolted on attracting skilled migrants to NZ. They are all going to Australia, US, Canada and UK where rewards are much much higher and they can get residence.

Meanwhile, skilled NZers are leaving!

NZ had a unique opportunity during the pandemic to allow in skilled migrants but that opportunity was squandered by this government.

Now NZ is allowing in 'unskilled' migrants like bus drivers, Tyre fitters, beauticians etc - because the 100,000 on the jobseekers' benefits are happy to continue to not work.

Watch as the flow of skilled NZers to Australia become a flood if white middle class NZers do not wake up to save NZ from this divisive and clueless Labour government.

Met up recently with my doctor friend (specialist in his field) on his skiing holiday in Queenstown (who practises in Queensland) and he commented how he regularly now sees more and more NZers joining the healthcare sector there.

Last one to leave .....

justakiwi
28-06-2023, 12:36 PM
You are right. I don’t. I belong to the lazy, good for nothing, parasitic class that you love to condemn.

You BTW do not belong to that class.

Balance
28-06-2023, 01:09 PM
You are right. I don’t. I belong to the lazy, good for nothing, parasitic class that you love to condemn.

You belong to that class of NZers who are hard working, resilient, well meaning and honourable but misguided - lured by false promises and words rather than deeds.

Balance
29-06-2023, 07:59 PM
Every reason for skilled and professional young white middle class NZers to migrate to Australia.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/132448072/i-wish-id-moved-to-australia-sooner

Balance
11-07-2023, 05:04 PM
What kind of government uses taxpayers' funds to encourage its citizens to migrate and become citizens of another country?

A clueless & incompetent government which wants a dumb population - breeding parasites, beneficiaries and losers so it does not want smart and clever NZers to stay in NZ to hold Labour to account.

https://www.tiktok.com/@newzealandnationalparty/video/7245784434425761026?_r=1&_t=8dez8MyhkTY

Daytr
11-07-2023, 05:37 PM
What kind of government uses taxpayers' funds to encourage its citizens to migrate and become citizens of another country?

A clueless & incompetent government which wants a dumb population - breeding parasites, beneficiaries and losers so it does not want smart and clever NZers to stay in NZ to hold Labour to account.

https://www.tiktok.com/@newzealandnationalparty/video/7245784434425761026?_r=1&_t=8dez8MyhkTY

I dunno, there are a few on here I would give the heave ho! 🤣

Balance
13-07-2023, 09:43 AM
Momentum picking up - net 13,400 NZers migrated to Australia in 2022.

Watch this become a torrent from October 2023 if this useless and clueless racist & divisive Labour led Coalition of Chaos gets re-elected.

Must be very very very satisfying for those who have already migrated to Australia watch this country go down the path of destruction with this incompetent government.

https://www.stats.govt.nz/news/net-migration-loss-to-australia-in-2022

https://liberation.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d75d69e20240a45dd0c0200c-800wi

Entrep
13-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Two different friends are in the process of up-rooting their lives and families for Australia.

Sad state of affairs.

What I don't get is that often in the Herald you will see Pacific Islanders have moved to Australia and say how great it.

Australia, though, is much less tolerant of the divisive, racist policies we have coming into force in NZ thanks to Labour and the Greens. Aussies wouldn't stand for it.

Putting yourself in the shoes of a Greens voter, you would call Australia much more racist than NZ.

Yet when these families move to Australia, they don't seem to care about those things anymore and can live a great life.

So what the heck are we doing in NZ with the current Govt running around like headless chickens to appease certain races at the expense of others?

It's almost like when the whole country can be more wealthy TOGETHER (higher wages, whatever), that's a far better solution?

I realise the word TOGETHER will likely trigger any Greens-Labour voters, but it is what it is.

thegreatestben
13-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Australians are functioning racists :p

BDL
13-07-2023, 10:36 AM
Two different friends are in the process of up-rooting their lives and families for Australia.

Sad state of affairs.

What I don't get is that often in the Herald you will see Pacific Islanders have moved to Australia and say how great it.

Australia, though, is much less tolerant of the divisive, racist policies we have coming into force in NZ thanks to Labour and the Greens. Aussies wouldn't stand for it.

Putting yourself in the shoes of a Greens voter, you would call Australia much more racist than NZ.

Yet when these families move to Australia, they don't seem to care about those things anymore and can live a great life.

So what the heck are we doing in NZ with the current Govt running around like headless chickens to appease certain races at the expense of others?

It's almost like when the whole country can be more wealthy TOGETHER (higher wages, whatever), that's a far better solution?

I realise the word TOGETHER will likely trigger any Greens-Labour voters, but it is what it is.

Well said. Very true. NZ is in denial and going down a very bad path.

Most New Zealanders have become so inward looking they cannot see where NZ is going.

Balance
13-07-2023, 10:54 AM

Most New Zealanders have become so inward looking they cannot see where NZ is going.

NZ is becoming Aotearoa - a country of parasites, beneficiaries and losers whose numbers are growing exponentially due to the policies of this Labour government.

Why should young people with sought after skill and qualifications stay in NZ when countries like Australia offers such a better future for them and their children?

Leave NZ to wallow in its miserable future under this government.

Balance
13-07-2023, 02:30 PM
Marc Ellis on leaving Aotearoa, fxxked up by this clueless, useless, racist & divisive Labour government :

“I’d like to get Italian citizenship - I’m going through the process now. Then I’ll be off [to live there].

I certainly think New Zealand’s finest days are behind it. We’re not at our peak. You don’t feel the same vibe or energy any more.

New Zealand feels as if it is being pulled apart at the seams. I thought we were egalitarian and unified but some people who feel slightly disenfranchised use that to exacerbate rifts for political reasons.

There is the cost of living problem and it has become a heavy place - it’s not the New Zealand of five years ago to me.

I’m among the more fortuitous people … but you get twice the product at half the price in Europe. It’s incredible really - it should be the other way around.”

Yup - let the parasites, beneficiaries & losers wallow in their collective misery as Aotearoa goes further and further downhill.

SBQ
13-07-2023, 10:34 PM

I would say it's cultural in the aspect that 'NZ is NZ' or what my uncle would say, "People in NZ don't know any better". The latter comment came around the issue of housing comfort when he did his PhD in Architect studies in Auckland. I myself coming from Canada am appalled at the poor building standards and 'sacrifice to have a low carbon footprint home', but living comfort is not much different than living in a tent. Of course the newer built homes are much better but the Canadian in me wonders that NZ's temperate climate, if we applied the Cdn principles of building in NZ, you would end up with a far superior home than in Canada.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My father left NZ to Canada in the early 70s and has had no desire to permanently reside back in NZ. When I resided in NZ in the late 90s, the difference between both countries was not a lot. My reasons for leaving Canada were more due to the nature of taxation and bad gov't policy. During the past 20+ years the tables have turned entirely around. NZ became what Canada was in the 90s with bad economic policies... while Canada reversed it's excessive taxation policies and started invested in the people (education, education, & education = getting dole recipients off the dole). What a dramatic change and since the Jacinda legacy, it just accelerated things so much faster. If it was not the fact I have relatives living in NZ and a long established 'happy' relationship with them, I would be well back in Canada in a heart beat. Anyways you can't change the stripes off a zebra and call it a horse.

Balance
22-07-2023, 07:59 AM
Mass exodus of construction workers to Australia.

Many many more skilled and professional NZers joining them as Aotearoa sinks into a cesspool of racial, social and economic hopelessness under this totally clueless and useless government.

Only parasites, beneficiaries and losers being bred by this government in the hundreds of thousands left in Aotearoa by 2050.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/construction-industry-workers-quitting-new-zealand-for-australia-says-boss/FSVIBE4FSFFDNLERRXT253E65E/

Paywalled

There is a “mass exodus” of people leaving the residential building industry and some businesses have lost up to 80 per cent of their work, says the boss of a leading company.

The news comes as a building association across the Tasman says Australia “needs to attract around half a million workers” in the next four years.

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 01:07 PM
I dunno, there are a few on here I would give the heave ho! 🤣

Anyone who disagrees with you?

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 01:11 PM

Many many more skilled and professional NZers joining them as Aotearoa sinks into a cesspool of racial, social and economic hopelessness under this totally clueless and useless government.

Only parasites, beneficiaries and losers being bred by this government in the hundreds of thousands left in Aotearoa by 2050.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/construction-industry-workers-quitting-new-zealand-for-australia-says-boss/FSVIBE4FSFFDNLERRXT253E65E/

Paywalled

There is a “mass exodus” of people leaving the residential building industry and some businesses have lost up to 80 per cent of their work, says the boss of a leading company.

The news comes as a building association across the Tasman says Australia “needs to attract around half a million workers” in the next four years.

———

So on the building sites you end up with violent criminals wearing ankle bracelets who are supposed to serving home detentions + legions of unskilled migrant workers.

(Meanwhile 90,000+ Kiwi ‘job seekers’ are apparently ‘desperately trying to find work’.)

Getty
23-07-2023, 08:03 PM
Speaking of exodus, it will be time to buy Air NZ if there is no change of government this election.

They will have to lease extra planes to cope with the demand to get out of here!

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 08:09 PM
https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/better-business/300933896/the-warehouse-looks-to-close-three-christchurch-stores

The Warehouse looks to close three Christchurch stores

RNZ
14:40, Jul 23 2023

‘Workers at three major retail stores at a Christchurch shopping centre have been left shocked by a proposal to close all three.

The Warehouse Group is proposing to close The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery and Noel Leeming at the Northwood Supa Centa in September, because of a decline in customers.

First Union southern regional secretary Paul Watson said the closures of the three stores would affect about 90 jobs.’

Balance
29-07-2023, 11:27 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/nz-richlister-ben-cook-leaves-for-australia-100-million-retail-property-sell-off/PYRLYV5J3FDTBPGZN77ZQG3EFM/
paywalled

Smart move - taking his $100m out of NZ.

First come, best dressed.

As more and more rich listers leave NZ for Australia and beyond, there will be more and more sale of assets (especially real restate) from them - so who is going to be dumb enough to buy off them in the years to come?

Excerpt :

"One of the country’s biggest private retail real estate investors is quitting New Zealand for Australia - sparking a $100m sell-off.

Ben Cook boasts a portfolio stretching from Auckland to Central Otago including a string of Countdown supermarkets, and Bunnings in New Lynn, Hamilton and Westgate.

He also owns iconic Auckland buildings like the Ponsonby Post Office, Farmers on Queen St in the CBD, Northcote’s Engine Room restaurant and Britomart’s red brick Brew on Quay.

But he is now using his Sydney home as a base and says he doesn’t plan on returning to New Zealand, cutting his holdings in one $50 million-plus auction alone next month."

Logen Ninefingers
29-07-2023, 11:34 AM
How’s that inflation number gonna be looking next looking next quarter?

————

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/132642048/fuel-prices-look-to-rise-again-one-month-after-fuel-excise-duty-cut-ended

Fuel prices look to rise again one month after fuel excise duty cut ended

Brianna Mcilraith
10:39, Jul 29 2023

‘It’s four weeks after the fuel tax excise duty cut came to an end and fuel prices have been relatively stable – but be warned, they’re about to climb again.’

Balance
29-07-2023, 08:07 PM
All the best to Tamzyn on her permanent move to Australia.

The new school curriculum proposed by this clueless government is the last straw for her and good on her to think about getting the best for her school age children.

Who wants their children to be bred by this government to be half-wits, losers, parasites and beneficiaries?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/designer-tamzyn-adding-moves-miss-lolo-business-to-australia/ANB3UJEONFESZAWMQIXZKWOCF4/

The decision to move to Brisbane in September is personal too. Adding and her husband have four school-aged daughters.

“Seeing the new education curriculum come through was pretty much the straw that broke the camel’s back for me,” she said.

causecelebre
31-07-2023, 10:15 AM
All the best to Tamzyn on her permanent move to Australia.

The new school curriculum proposed by this clueless government is the last straw for her and good on her to think about getting the best for her school age children.

Who wants their children to be bred by this government to be half-wits, losers, parasites and beneficiaries?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/designer-tamzyn-adding-moves-miss-lolo-business-to-australia/ANB3UJEONFESZAWMQIXZKWOCF4/

The decision to move to Brisbane in September is personal too. Adding and her husband have four school-aged daughters.

“Seeing the new education curriculum come through was pretty much the straw that broke the camel’s back for me,” she said.

The curriculum is the last straw for us too. I have read the current draft and it is shocking. If it wasn't for the fact we want our kids to grow up with other kids in the same neighbourhood they would be at private school. That said, if we don't get a change of government, and more importantly, a change of mindset, I feel that we are going to leave NZ. Its not just the education system, but mismanagement of the economy and misappropriation of govt spending, frankly racist policies and justice policies that treat the offenders as the victims

Balance
31-07-2023, 01:35 PM
The curriculum is the last straw for us too. I have read the current draft and it is shocking. If it wasn't for the fact we want our kids to grow up with other kids in the same neighbourhood they would be at private school. That said, if we don't get a change of government, and more importantly, a change of mindset, I feel that we are going to leave NZ. Its not just the education system, but mismanagement of the economy and misappropriation of govt spending, frankly racist policies and justice policies that treat the offenders as the victims

This from Sir Colin Maiden, one of NZ's most successful businessman and pioneering entrepreneurs :

"But Sir Colin reserves some of his strongest recommendations for the sector he perhaps knows best, education. For productivity gains, he says, emphasis should be given in schools to the teaching of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).

Sir Colin told the Herald that one of his grandsons had been back living in New Zealand with his Slovenian wife and 8-year-old twins. “They got totally disillusioned with the standard of education,” he says. Kiwi kids, according to his grandson, were “way behind” in maths and even English compared with their Slovenian counterparts of the same age. “They talked to the headmaster about it, and he acknowledged that was the case but they had to, being part of the education system, follow [the curriculum].” That grandson, he says, is “rather pessimistic” about New Zealand’s direction and is now back living in Europe."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/sir-colin-maidens-new-book-is-new-zealand-a-fortunate-country/S2OQI35MXVH7HA7FSN3O4UFBQE/

What a damning indictment of how this government has been dumbing down education to bring down standards to the lowest levels rather than lifting education to the highest standards. It's all a case of breeding dumbos so that these useless and clueless Labour politicians (and the elite Maori cabal) can lord it over everyone. In the land of the blind, the one eye person is king - that's Labour's desire for NZers.

Balance
08-08-2023, 05:44 PM
Hipkins and the third police minister in 1 year, Ginny Andersen, are very confident NZ will not lose police officers to Queensland.

How confident are NZers in their judgement?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/08/fears-hundreds-of-nz-police-officers-could-leave-to-queensland/

30% immediate pay increase (to $98k for new officers) plus $20,000 relocation allowance plus accommodation allowance to relocate to Queensland.

But best of all, no woke policing by consent. No need to learn teo reo to get promotions.

Watch the exodus over the next 12 months.

Kiss Queensland arse, Hipkins & Andersen.

Balance
09-08-2023, 08:03 AM
Police Association's view - rejected by Hipkins & the 6th police minister since 2020, Ginny, who believe that woke policing by consent & learning teo reo are the best things for NZ police :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-could-lose-hundreds-of-police-officers-to-queensland-police-association/2XAQHLNPPBE2LKLYIWT53QYM5U/

“I think we could look at [losing] hundreds [of police officers], possibly.

“And that might sound a bit alarmist but I’m not sure that isn’t the reality when we look at where we’re at in New Zealand.”

Cahill said when a young officer joins the New Zealand Police today, it takes them 21 years before they get to the top of their pay band.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/eGa-c24s-wsAOQskxR9XNdX5X9g=/1440x737/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-ap-southeast-2.images.arcpublishing.com/nzme/7Z255EJMZZDY3BF7JSTPHB4HCU.JPG

Balance
29-08-2023, 10:27 AM
Road workers and drainlayers are ditching New Zealand for Australia, where they can make more money and work all year round, industry figures say.

The “exodus” adds to fears for the roading and civil works sector as “massive infrastructure deficit and massive maintenance issues” plague the country, with two councils in the fast-growing Bay of Plenty saying shortages are affecting projects.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/civil-works-industry-losing-talent-to-australia-as-new-zealand-battles-massive-infrastructure-catch-up/5RTB5TCANZHWLJXP73ZKZNQHT4/
paywalled

Getty
29-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Road workers and drainlayers are ditching New Zealand for Australia, where they can make more money and work all year round, industry figures say.

The “exodus” adds to fears for the roading and civil works sector as “massive infrastructure deficit and massive maintenance issues” plague the country, with two councils in the fast-growing Bay of Plenty saying shortages are affecting projects.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/civil-works-industry-losing-talent-to-australia-as-new-zealand-battles-massive-infrastructure-catch-up/5RTB5TCANZHWLJXP73ZKZNQHT4/
paywalled

I hope the orange cone mob go with them.

Recently on the Napier to Wairoa road on the straight just north of Lake Tutira, one small digger was working, attended by 6 orange cone mob vehicles, and at least 12 orange cone mobsters.
Over 200 cones laid out.
At what cost?

On other jobs in Napier, the cone mobsters lay out the cones, then every 15 minutes or so, move them backwards or forwards 100mm, in a vain attempt to look busy and justify their existence.

Logen Ninefingers
29-08-2023, 11:54 AM

Recently on the Napier to Wairoa road on the straight just north of Lake Tutira, one small digger was working, attended by 6 orange cone mob vehicles, and at least 12 orange cone mobsters.
Over 200 cones laid out.
At what cost?

On other jobs in Napier, the cone mobsters lay out the cones, then every 15 minutes or so, move them backwards or forwards 100mm, in a vain attempt to look busy and justify their existence.

The problem is, there are now so many ‘make work’ jobs in New Zealand - from the very high salaried down to ‘cone mobster’ level - that unemployment would blow out enormously if the issue was ever seriously addressed. It’s not just at central government level, it’s each and every local council as well.

causecelebre
29-08-2023, 12:25 PM

Over 200 cones laid out.
At what cost?

Absolutely. My street is currently shutoff - this is the while street of around 800m - for a piece of work which covers 3 sq meters at one end. They have closed a whole lane yet stand around and not managing the traffic flow. Two cars almost had a head-on collision this morning. All the residents move their cars on the entire street. We cannot get out of our driveways and i wasn't even sure if the rubbish trucks would get through. Someone is making a bucket load on this using our ever increasing rates to pay for it.

Balance
29-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Absolutely. My street is currently shutoff - this is the while street of around 800m - for a piece of work which covers 3 sq meters at one end. They have closed a while lane yet stand around and not managing the traffic flow. Two cars almost had a head-on collision this morning. All the residents move their cars on the entire street. We cannot get out of our driveways and i wasn't even sure if the rubbish trucks would get through. Someone is making a bucket load on this using our ever increasing rates to pay for it.

This is what happens when the government sets the example of attacking the productive sector while rewarding the non-productive sector.

NZ has to import labour to do the productive jobs like farming, healthcare, transport and hospitality while we have the lollipop & cone brigade laze away at ratepayers’ and taxpayers’ expense.

causecelebre
29-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Yes indeed. Importing labour to add to top line GDP. No clue on how to advance an economy by innovative idea's. Indeed it's the current mob's ideology and practice that suppresses avant-guarde forward thinking and expression

Balance
16-09-2023, 10:10 AM
Meanwhile, anyone with get up & go and really wants to get ahead, head to Australia.

No need to put up with all the woke policies (like ability to speak Maori is more important than competence to get promotions) and practices (like being put back in the treatment queue due to race) of NZ.

And no need to suffer the ever declining living standards as spin & annnouncements are held up as good government more than hard work and community unity.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/300971761/20-better-pay-30-cheaper-groceries-why-we-left-nz-for-australia

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/300971761/20-better-pay-30-cheaper-groceries-why-we-left-nz-for-australia

Balance
07-10-2023, 08:27 AM
“Two Kiwi cops have already joined the force, a spokesperson for the Northern Territory said, and 17 more applicants from New Zealand are waiting in the wings.”

Why would any dedicated & hard working cop, doctor, nurse or school teacher stay in NZ today when they are offered so much more in Australia?

Better pay, better working conditions and as this departing cop said, the real opportunity to make ends meet and have a family.

Plus, not having to put up with woke and racist requirements, like needing to be proficient in Teo reo Maori to get promoted etc etc etc.

Being able to do the jobs they love with dedication and without all the Labour government’s non-job related BS and soul destroying influence.

6 years under Hipkins and Ardern have rendered NZ into a divided & pathetic country and where Australia shines like a beacon to offer an excellent option for hard working and dedicated professionals to build a great future for themselves.

Very very happy to wish the departing Kiwis good fortune and wonderful lives in Australia - you are all doing the right thing for yourself, your families and your future.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/300981006/kiwi-cop-jumping-the-ditch-says-he-wants-to-be-able-to-make-ends-meet