PDA

View Full Version : Nat/act/nzf 2023

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Panda-NZ-
12-04-2024, 12:43 PM
So allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will will solve the rental situation and is good for tenants?
How out of touch can Bishop be?

Looting from those with the least as usual. No tax on CGT & restored interest deducibility just isn't enough for them.

They simply must have everything.

Balance
12-04-2024, 05:12 PM
You are happy when any people go to Australia from NZ.

I am happy for them that they are taking their skills, experience and hardworking ethic to a country which appreciates them and will give them and their families an excellent future - free from the woke policies of racial, social & economic divisions which now doom NZ towards 2nd world status.

Bjauck
12-04-2024, 05:16 PM
The new legislation does no such thing as "allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will". Landlords will have to give 42 days notice and tenants only have to give landlords 21 days notice.. The previous legislation was nuts, giving all power to tenants and allowing unruly tenants to behave however they wanted. That has now changed and not before time.
For most landlords and tenants, this change will make no difference at all as they have had a long term good relationship which is likely to continue.

I have no experience yet as either a landlord or tenant, apart from renting from a family member for six months. What will the situation be if a good tenant has done everything they are contracted to do, but the Landlord does not like hearing that the tenant has been campaigning for the Green Party, for example. Will the landlord be able to evict under a “no cause” eviction, and immediately re-tenant the property to new tenants? Could the no cause eviction be used to get the “right sort” of tenant, racially, sexual orientation, or political affiliation?

As more families have gradually become priced out of home ownership, It does appear that establishing a stable home as a renter could become more difficult for some under no cause evictions. As unstable homes, and disconnection from the community may contribute to increased criminal activity, I hope the reform does not lead to further problems later on.

Did “no cause” terminations lead to increased housing supply in the past?

Bjauck
12-04-2024, 05:19 PM
I am happy for them that they are taking their skills, experience and hardworking ethic to a country which appreciates them and will give them and their families an excellent future - free from the woke policies of racial, social & economic divisions which now doom NZ towards 2nd world status.The coalition need hard working kiwis to stay and enable their policies to bear fruit. Give them a chance to make changes!

dobby41
12-04-2024, 06:23 PM
The new legislation does no such thing as "allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will". Landlords will have to give 42 days notice and tenants only have to give landlords 21 days notice.. The previous legislation was nuts, giving all power to tenants and allowing unruly tenants to behave however they wanted. That has now changed and not before time.
For most landlords and tenants, this change will make no difference at all as they have had a long term good relationship which is likely to continue.

They can give a 'no reason' eviction of 90 days also (back to what it was before Labour changed it).
You are correct that most won't use it - so why is it important to change it?

What it does do, though, is allow LLs a further hold over tenants - you complain and I'll kick you out. This was used before to great effect.

dobby41
12-04-2024, 06:25 PM
I am happy for them that they are taking their skills, experience and hardworking ethic to a country which appreciates them and will give them and their families an excellent future - free from the woke policies of racial, social & economic divisions which now doom NZ towards 2nd world status.

Pray tell - why are you still in NZ?
You may have a holiday home somewhere but it seems that NZ is still your 'home'.

dobby41
12-04-2024, 06:35 PM

Certainly, the pay and conditions are better in Australia - hard-won gains by unions (which National destroyed years back).
National seems keen to further reduce workers' rights and seems to support businesses presiding over a low-wage economy.

Balance
12-04-2024, 06:46 PM
Certainly, the pay and conditions are better in Australia - hard-won gains by unions (which National destroyed years back).
National seems keen to further reduce workers' rights and seems to support businesses presiding over a low-wage economy.

All the better to drive Aotearoa to 2nd world status faster.

And all the better to drive more young, skilled, experienced and hardworking NZers to Australia.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1694726390289-JVEL3UN411STPB8MNNG7/Research.jpg?format=500w

mistaTea
12-04-2024, 06:57 PM
They can give a 'no reason' eviction of 90 days also (back to what it was before Labour changed it).

What it does do, though, is allow LLs a further hold over tenants - you complain and I'll kick you out. This was used before to great effect.

If I own a property, I should have an avenue available to stop renting my property without having to invent a reason.

Balance
12-04-2024, 07:02 PM

Rental providers = Landlords = Exploiters of tenants = Labour's divisive social agenda to disharmonious Aotearoa

This is how Labour & the Greens & dobby41 want tenancy rules - NO EVICTION irrespective of how unruly, anti-social and destructive tenants are.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/479307/no-evictions-of-unruly-tenants-by-kainga-ora-after-receiving-more-than-6000-complaints

"Kāinga Ora has yet to cancel any tenancies or evict a single tenant since it was instructed to more vigourously employ the law against unruly renters.

The housing agency has, however, moved 113 households, although it admits about half of those are tenants who have chosen to move away from their disruptive neighbours."

https://thumbnailer.digitalnz.org/?resize=664%3E&src=https%3A%2F%2Fndhadeliver.natlib.govt.nz%2FNLN ZStreamGate%2Fget%3Fdps_pid%3DIE83495637

“The lack of action or consequences is as breathtaking as the arrogance of those who are responsible for it.”

“How on earth is it sound policy to allow gang members to behave in the manner they do, in a state house, paid for by the taxpayer, with zero repercussions?”

https://thebfd.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/BoomSlang-cartoon-The_BFD-ganggrowth-630x462.jpg

jonu
12-04-2024, 07:03 PM

And all the better to drive more young, skilled, experienced and hardworking NZers to Australia.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1694726390289-JVEL3UN411STPB8MNNG7/Research.jpg?format=500w

Tremain is an absolute national treasure. Note "hope" is beyond hope being the only wreck upside down. Genius.

Balance
12-04-2024, 07:31 PM
The coalition need hard working kiwis to stay and enable their policies to bear fruit. Give them a chance to make changes!

I do not see anything inspirational, uplifting and bold from this coalition government to lift NZ from the deep malaise that the country has sunk into. Where is the vision for New Zealand?

Heck, they have already started to renege on some of their stated election promises and policies like changing government department & agency names back to their proper functional names! So simple yet seemingly so hard - so just imagine them trying to change the divisive racial, social and economic settings & policies which bedevil NZ as a country. Not a show in hell imo.

The young, skilled and experienced cannot afford to hang around in a country which breeds parasites, beneficiaries and losers at their expense - so let's be grateful that they can go to where they are welcomed and can be successful, flourish and have a good life.

Meanwhile, just observe the excuses coming out of the Reserve Bank for its pivotal role in screwing up the NZ economy royally - the chief architect Adrian Orr is still waxing lyrical about what a great job he did! He should be gone by now and NZ may yet have a chance before the self-induced recession wrecks the NZ economy even more than necessary to get inflation down.

What kind of a buffoon drove interest rates well below what was required and now, well above what is required? The chart below shows a drunk can drive a car better than Adrian Orr can drive monetary policy settings!

https://s.oneroof.co.nz/image/bc/00/bc00d4dd04916a2733311cb16e3c628d.jpg

Bjauck
12-04-2024, 08:29 PM
If I own a property, I should have an avenue available to stop renting my property without having to invent a reason.
Unlike shares in a company or a term deposit, your rental property is someone else’s home. They are all your property.

In fact it is more difficult to cancel a term deposit, any change to which is always subject to the bank’s approval, than it will be for a landlord to evict “without cause” a tenant. Go figure!

Perhaps you expect your real estate property to come with the old feudal rights?

mistaTea
12-04-2024, 08:37 PM
Unlike shares in a company or a term deposit, your rental property is someone else’s home.

So if I own a property that I decide to rent out…I should never be able to change my mind and stop renting it?

mistaTea
12-04-2024, 10:21 PM
Unlike shares in a company or a term deposit, your rental property is someone else’s home. They are all your property.

In fact it is more difficult to cancel a term deposit, any change to which is always subject to the bank’s approval, than it will be for a landlord to evict “without cause” a tenant. Go figure!

Perhaps you expect your real estate property to come with the old feudal rights?

So if 90 days is not enough, what should it be?

I mean, surely the Landlord must be able to stop renting their property to someone if they so choose without having to make up an excuse?

If three months is not enough notice, then how much? Six months? A year? Ten years?

Or once someone decides to rent out their property, is it your view that they should never be allowed to stop renting it?

iceman
13-04-2024, 08:48 AM
I have no experience yet as either a landlord or tenant, apart from renting from a family member for six months. What will the situation be if a good tenant has done everything they are contracted to do, but the Landlord does not like hearing that the tenant has been campaigning for the Green Party, for example. Will the landlord be able to evict under a “no cause” eviction, and immediately re-tenant the property to new tenants? Could the no cause eviction be used to get the “right sort” of tenant, racially, sexual orientation, or political affiliation?

As more families have gradually become priced out of home ownership, It does appear that establishing a stable home as a renter could become more difficult for some under no cause evictions. As unstable homes, and disconnection from the community may contribute to increased criminal activity, I hope the reform does not lead to further problems later on.

Did “no cause” terminations lead to increased housing supply in the past?

I have been a small landlord for 20 years and have had my fair share of terrible tenants.
But now we have long term tenants in our 2 properties that have been our tenants for many years and want to stay “forever”, one of them we have moved between properties (a huge upgrade for her). We have a great and trusty relationship.
I have no idea where they stand politically and couldn’t care less. I think your example of a Green’s voter is so far fetched that it is irrelevant.

Regarding your question about whether no cause evictions being allowed will increase rental housing supply, I can categorically say yes. If my current long term tenants left, I would sell my rentals under the current law. With the proposed law, I would consider looking for another tenant.

I think I am pretty much like most landlords, caring for our tenants, wanting them to be happy and stay for years

Balance
13-04-2024, 09:28 AM
I do not see anything inspirational, uplifting and bold from this coalition government to lift NZ from the deep malaise that the country has sunk into. Where is the vision for New Zealand?

Heck, they have already started to renege on some of their stated election promises and policies like changing government department & agency names back to their proper functional names! So simple yet seemingly so hard - so just imagine them trying to change the divisive racial, social and economic settings & policies which bedevil NZ as a country. Not a show in hell imo.

The young, skilled and experienced cannot afford to hang around in a country which breeds parasites, beneficiaries and losers at their expense - so let's be grateful that they can go to where they are welcomed and can be successful, flourish and have a good life.

[/IMG]

An excellent example of how FXXKED UP the Aotearoa social welfare system, especially in the last 6 years, has been breeding parasites, beneficiaries and losers - people who not only choose welfare as a lifestyle choice but feel entitled to pick and choose what welfare they receive.

And we have the woke leftist media playing up the soap story without an iota of inquiry of how anyone should be allowed to become a welfare blood-sucking parasite/beneficiary/loser in the first place.

Read on :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/northland-family-with-traumatised-children-being-forced-out-of-kainga-ora-house/NL5VBRDGMZCPLIYUF2BYYKYMDM/

So this 'poor wretched woman' has 8 children and 5 of them, aged 4 to 16 live with her since since 2016 when she moved into the Kainga Ora (KO) 3 bedrooms apartment.

Point #1 : She has been in the KO unit for 8 years and in that time, she has produced at least another 3 children (to how many fathers?) - while on full social welfare entitlements. No presumption required here.
What kind of mother or human being does that - bring ever more children on welfare into the world?

She complains that upon moving into the unit, they 'almost immediately they claimed to have started experiencing antisocial and threatening behaviour from a Kāinga Ora neighbour'. So her children are traumatized.

Point #2 : So KO did nothing for years despite numerous complaints about said abusive & anti-social tenant. What kind of landlord is KO then?
And what kind of mother produces another 3 children (at least) with that kind of alleged behaviour from the abusive gang neighbour?

The mother of 8 children now does not want to move away from the unit "as the alternative house being offered is not suitable for her five children, who are highly traumatised from an abusive ex-neighbour. But the state landlord says the mother and her children need to move out of their apartment so it can be upgraded to meet healthy homes standards. Furthermore, have been offered a number of alternative homes but all have been declined."

Point #3 : In Aotearoa today, beggars can be choosers. Especially when a mother can produce 8 children (to how many fathers?) with full expectations that the state & taxpayers would and must take care of all their needs.

https://www.conservativecartoons.com/1995/manykids.gif

Balance
13-04-2024, 09:35 AM
And Paula Bennett, ex Minister, was savagely attacked by the woke leftists and the Labour Party when she attempted to change the welfare settings pertaining to provision of state housing :

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/6a00d83451d75d69e2016305affbbe970d-800wi.png

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/kainga-ora-tenants-who-dont-deserve-state-homes-should-be-evicted-paula-bennett/3S2MHDRP3BHADIYUVQOEZIEMOA/

Kāinga Ora tenants who don’t deserve state homes should be evicted – Paula Bennett

It is all about your rights instead of acknowledging that you also have responsibilities.

It may be a small percentage of Kāinga Ora tenants that are making other people’s lives hell but those that are should be dealt with swiftly and in the best interest of others.

It is obvious that they should be evicted for the safety of neighbours but they should also be evicted because they don’t respect the property and there are plenty of others who will.

https://thumbnailer.digitalnz.org/?resize=664%3E&src=https%3A%2F%2Fndhadeliver.natlib.govt.nz%2FNLN ZStreamGate%2Fget%3Fdps_pid%3DIE2640741

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 11:09 AM
So if I own a property that I decide to rent out…I should never be able to change my mind and stop renting it?It is somebody’s home. You can sell it. You can move into it yourself. Why would you want to own an empty rental property? It is the no cause eviction we are discussing.

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 11:20 AM
I have been a small landlord for 20 years and have had my fair share of terrible tenants.
But now we have long term tenants in our 2 properties that have been our tenants for many years and want to stay “forever”, one of them we have moved between properties (a huge upgrade for her). We have a great and trusty relationship.
I have no idea where they stand politically and couldn’t care less. I think your example of a Green’s voter is so far fetched that it is irrelevant.

Regarding your question about whether no cause evictions being allowed will increase rental housing supply, I can categorically say yes. If my current long term tenants left, I would sell my rentals under the current law. With the proposed law, I would consider looking for another tenant.

I think I am pretty much like most landlords, caring for our tenants, wanting them to be happy and stay for years It would be great if all landlords were like you. However it is also great if there would be no possibility of landlords using no cause evictions to select tenants on a discriminatory personal basis.

My question was slightly different. Would housing supply be increased as a result? Or, would the increased demand for rental properties be at the expense of pricing out owner occupiers, in our perennially constrained supply of new housing for our increasing population..

mistaTea
13-04-2024, 12:03 PM
It is somebody’s home. You can sell it. You can move into it yourself. Why would you want to own an empty rental property? It is the no cause eviction we are discussing.

Ok, so I can just say I want to move into it then. And then when they move out, I decide I will just leave it vacant.

That ok then?

Why I might want to stop renting my property is nobody’s business really. It is my property.

Yes, I need to give reasonable notice as human beings are using it for shelter…but it is still my property. To rent or not.

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 12:28 PM
Ok, so I can just say I want to move into it then. And then when they move out, I decide I will just leave it vacant.

That ok then?

Why I might want to stop renting my property is nobody’s business really. It is my property.

Yes, I need to give reasonable notice as human beings are using it for shelter…but it is still my property. To rent or not. So the “human beings” use your rental property just for “shelter”, not as their home?

Here in Auckland I think almost 50% of households are tenanted. I would surprised if some didn’t regard the houses where they live as more than just shelter. However this is Auckland so expectations may be quite low with respect to housing in general.

mistaTea
13-04-2024, 12:31 PM
So the “human beings” use your rental property just for “shelter”, not as their home?

It is irrelevant whether you want to refer to it as it actually is (shelter) or use an emotive term (home).

The relevant point is that I own the shelter/home.

And I should have an avenue to stop renting it out to someone without having to make up a reason.

Yes, a reasonable notice period needs to be given. I think 3 months is reasonable.

You are trying to make a ‘big thing’ out of nothing. You should have gotten a job with Paddy while the going was still good if ‘making news’ is your business.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 12:34 PM

Yes - this seems to be what National and the Coalition of Chaos is working on.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 12:36 PM

That's what you voted for - you were warned.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 12:40 PM

I have been a smallish landlord for many years and have had to evict 1 tenant for behavior - they were evicted via the TT not just 90-day no-excuse.
Have good properties, choose good tenants and all is good so far as I've experienced.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 12:44 PM
My question was slightly different. Would housing supply be increased as a result? Or, would the increased demand for rental properties be at the expense of pricing out owner occupiers, in our perennially constrained supply of new housing for our increasing population..

My point earlier - LLs should be incentivized to build new rather than recycle chairs on the Titanic.
The previous tax deductibility settings (Labour) for new houses did this - the new settings don't.

blackcap
13-04-2024, 01:26 PM
It is irrelevant whether you want to refer to it as it actually is (shelter) or use an emotive term (home).

And I should have an avenue to stop renting it out to someone without having to make up a reason.

Yes, a reasonable notice period needs to be given. I think 3 months is reasonable.

You are trying to make a ‘big thing’ out of nothing. You should have gotten a job with Paddy while the going was still good if ‘making news’ is your business.

Exactly. Property rights. You own the property. You can do what you like with it.

3 months is perfectly reasonable.

Heck next Bjauck and others will be advocating that your personal vehicle is actually not yours and certain conditions are attached.

You rightly point out that it is totally irrelevant whether it is a shelter, home or haven. That's just emotive nonsense and playing semantics.

Either we have property rights or we don't.

p.s I am a small landlord. Most tenants are great. But you need to be able to be selective and also not have to make up a BS reason if you want your house back.
I look after tenants that look after my place. It's symbiotic and works well. They don't get annual rates increases and if there is one it is well below market.
The tenants that do not look after the place, out they go.

Balance
13-04-2024, 01:49 PM
That's what you voted for - you were warned.

I have zero problem or issue with voting them in vs allowing the likes of you voting Hapless Hipkins & his useless incompetents back in for another term to drive NZ rapidly into 2nd world status within the next 2 years.

This government will slow down the decline but the cancer of racial, social & economic divisions induced by Labour over the last 6 years is too widespread and terminal to reverse.

Meanwhile, best we encourage our hardworking young, skilled and experienced to migrate to Australia for a better future for them
& their families.

Balance
13-04-2024, 02:03 PM
It is somebody’s home. You can sell it. You can move into it yourself. Why would you want to own an empty rental property? It is the no cause eviction we are discussing.

Eviction?

90 days’ notice to vacant is not eviction - it is perfectly reasonable and allows for plenty of time to seek alternative accommodation.

As for home, any accomodation can be home when a tenant is renting. It is how they make it a home.

Balance
13-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Deafening silence from dobby41 and the woke posters on this site.

Deafening!

Interesting considering these posters are the self-promoted champions of the parasites, beneficiaries and losers bred by their beloved Labour, Greens, Ardern & Hipkins.

An excellent example of how FXXKED UP the Aotearoa social welfare system, especially in the last 6 years, has been breeding parasites, beneficiaries and losers - people who not only choose welfare as a lifestyle choice but feel entitled to pick and choose what welfare they receive.

And we have the woke leftist media playing up the soap story without an iota of inquiry of how anyone should be allowed to become a welfare blood-sucking parasite/beneficiary/loser in the first place.

Read on :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/northland-family-with-traumatised-children-being-forced-out-of-kainga-ora-house/NL5VBRDGMZCPLIYUF2BYYKYMDM/

So this 'poor wretched woman' has 8 children and 5 of them, aged 4 to 16 live with her since since 2016 when she moved into the Kainga Ora (KO) 3 bedrooms apartment.

Point #1 : She has been in the KO unit for 8 years and in that time, she has produced at least another 3 children (to how many fathers?) - while on full social welfare entitlements. No presumption required here.
What kind of mother or human being does that - bring ever more children on welfare into the world?

She complains that upon moving into the unit, they 'almost immediately they claimed to have started experiencing antisocial and threatening behaviour from a Kāinga Ora neighbour'. So her children are traumatized.

Point #2 : So KO did nothing for years despite numerous complaints about said abusive & anti-social tenant. What kind of landlord is KO then?
And what kind of mother produces another 3 children (at least) with that kind of alleged behaviour from the abusive gang neighbour?

The mother of 8 children now does not want to move away from the unit "as the alternative house being offered is not suitable for her five children, who are highly traumatised from an abusive ex-neighbour. But the state landlord says the mother and her children need to move out of their apartment so it can be upgraded to meet healthy homes standards. Furthermore, have been offered a number of alternative homes but all have been declined."

Point #3 : In Aotearoa today, beggars can be choosers. Especially when a mother can produce 8 children (to how many fathers?) with full expectations that the state & taxpayers would and must take care of all their needs.

https://www.conservativecartoons.com/1995/manykids.gif

mistaTea
13-04-2024, 03:56 PM
Exactly. Property rights. You own the property. You can do what you like with it.

Heck next Bjauck and others will be advocating that your personal vehicle is actually not yours and certain conditions are attached.

You rightly point out that it is totally irrelevant whether it is a shelter, home or haven. That's just emotive nonsense and playing semantics.

p.s I am a small landlord. Most tenants are great. But you need to be able to be selective and also not have to make up a BS reason if you want your house back.
I look after tenants that look after my place. It's symbiotic and works well. They don't get annual rates increases and if there is one it is well below market.

When I see the nutty stuff from bjauck and the like I start to feel more aligned with Balance in that you need to come down hard on these b@staffs whenever they start trying to share their nonsense.

The way he is carrying on you would think the current govt has made it so that landlords can kick people out with 24 hours notice, no reason given.

3 months (a quarter of a solar year!) is more than enough time.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 04:51 PM

And I thought that I had posted on this thread just 4 hours ago.
Maybe I'm supposed to post drivel like you?
Mostly I ignore your nonsense as it just isn't worth my time - unlike you, I have lots of other things to do.

Aaron
13-04-2024, 04:54 PM

Deafening!

Interesting considering these posters are the self-promoted champions of the parasites, beneficiaries and losers bred by their beloved Labour, Greens, Ardern & Hipkins.

I remember this article and this lady and thought it would be funny if it weren't so tragic. How many different fathers and what is she thinking at what point in time does she take responsibility for her actions or contribute anything other than manpower to society. I also worried that her kids will learn from their Mum so the manpower contribution might not be significant.

But talking of parasites I have heard of welfare recipients earning over $100,000 a year and still putting a hand out AND receiving $25,000 to $27,000 annually depending on if they had a partner, there are even some people like Winston Peters who don't declare their partner and get the full $27,000 until they are caught out.

Not only that, this category of benefit is bigger than all the others combined and there is no income or asset testing at all, but if you suggest they shouldn't get it if they don't need it, my goodness do they kick up a stink.

dobby41
13-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Isn't it interesting that the party of individual responsibility and that people are better placed than politicians or bureaucrats to make decisions about the way they live their lives (ACT) wants to tell parents when their children are sick enough to not go to school?

Just like locals should make decisions for local issues unless the decision isn't what Seymour or Luxon want - then decisions should be made from Wellington.

Balance
13-04-2024, 05:05 PM
And I thought that I had posted on this thread just 4 hours ago.
Maybe I'm supposed to post drivel like you?
Mostly I ignore your nonsense as it just isn't worth my time - unlike you, I have lots of other things to do.

Yup - like worshipping at the shrine of Clueless Cindy and praying for her second coming. :D

Balance
13-04-2024, 05:13 PM
How to fxxk up like Te WTF Ora & Labour government - $300m hospital sitting unused due to lack of staff.

Too busy assigning points (eg. prioritization based upon race and social welfare)to see who gets onto the waiting list and into the queue to actually recruit staff!

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/513690/new-auckland-surgical-building-cannot-open-due-to-lack-of-staff

A brand new surgical building the size of a provincial hospital is sitting empty on the grounds of North Shore Hospital, its opening delayed and no new date set.

There are lights on and hospital beds in place in the four storey, 150-bed Tōtara Haumaru building, but it could be months before there are patients.

It did not have the staff it needed, and the amount of money allocated to run it for the next financial year had not been decided.

The $300m facility, with eight operating theatres, was always intended to be opened in stages but the first stage - the ground and first floor - was initially supposed to open last December, then this month

Getty
13-04-2024, 05:20 PM
What kind of mother or human being does that - bring ever more children on welfare into the world? [/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Which leads to a timely question.

Carmel Sepuloni stated removal of requirement of such mothers to name the fathers, would 'only' cost taxpayers an extra $20M pa.

What's the true cost now Carmel?

And who thinks they are getting value for money?

Balance
13-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Which leads to a timely question.

Carmel Sepuloni stated removal of requirement of such mothers to name the fathers, would 'only' cost taxpayers an extra $20M pa.

What's the true cost now Carmel?

And who thinks they are getting value for money?

The males screwing the mother to produce 8 children and leaving taxpayers to pay for the results of their pleasures are certainly getting value?

Fxxking joke - just like Sepuloni.

She not only removed the requirement to name the fathers, she also removed all restraints on solo mums breeding more baby beneficiaries & parasites :

"In 2012, during Paula Bennett's time as minister, obligations were placed on single parents to return to work earlier if they had an additional child while receiving a benefit. Carmel Sepuloni removed that requirement effectively allowing the birth of more babies to be used to avoid working. As it is sole parents have no work obligations until their youngest turns three (and then it is only to seek part-time work.) Three years is inconsistent with the time most working mothers take out of the workforce."

So clear why these solo mums keep producing babies - courtesy of Labour & Carmel Sepuloni.

So how's the parasite breeding program going?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/v2/3UKSV2PPNNDQFAJWB7FSML3VTQ.jpg?auth=47cb4c9f4a13de ce8d87a6e3f0cabc5ac08a227710158e80ee7dcab934ee3dcb&width=1440&height=960&quality=70&smart=true

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 07:13 PM

You’ are right a home is a type of physical shelter. Home however is not an emotive term. It has quite a different meaning from shelter, which is more aptly applied to structures such as bus shelters, That people use sporadically. Similarly families, who are indeed human beings have homes in rental housing. For some reason you seem to want to make peoples homes into more of a transactional investment commodity.

Sure the news for you is that some human beings form families and some of these families need to establish homes in rental accommodation.

However if 40% plus of Aucklanders homes are treated more as mere shelters, then we will need to/ are dealing with the social consequences.

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 07:20 PM

You certainly cannot do whatever you like with your “shelter “ that is a house. I remember there were all sorts of codes that have to be complied with. NZ law extends over your house. His Majesty bestows on us certain rights. The Crown can actually end up doing what it likes with your property.

We have such property rights that the Crown allows us. You need to be aged over 15 to own a car for a start. Your motor vehicle can only be operated with a licence, with a warrant of fitness and driven by a licensed driver. Cars can be taken off owners, impounded, confiscated and destroyed in certain circumstances. The Crown can further limit property rights over cars, and anything else, if it so pleases.

Balance
13-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Sure the news for you is that some human beings form families and some of these families need to establish homes in rental accommodation.

In which case, they must learn to be good tenants because there are very very few cases of good tenants being asked to leave for no good reason.

Maybe you need to visit a few Kainga WTF Ora properties to see 'families' establishing homes in rental accommodation with the NO EVICTION policy :

"Kāinga Ora has yet to cancel any tenancies or evict a single tenant since it was instructed to more vigourously employ the law against unruly renters.

The housing agency has, however, moved 113 households, although it admits about half of those are tenants who have chosen to move away from their disruptive neighbours."

https://thumbnailer.digitalnz.org/?resize=664%3E&src=https%3A%2F%2Fndhadeliver.natlib.govt.nz%2FNLN ZStreamGate%2Fget%3Fdps_pid%3DIE83495637

mistaTea
13-04-2024, 07:31 PM
In which case, they must learn to be good tenants because there are very very few cases of good tenants being asked to leave for no good reason.

Maybe you need to visit a few Kainga WTF Ora properties to see 'families' establishing homes in rental accommodation with the NO EVICTION policy :

Bjauck needs a reality check.

Going mental because the new govt says landlords can give a quarter of a year notice if they don’t want to rent their property any more.

Jesus, what a bunch of despicable c*nts!!!

As you say, good tenants getting the boot got no reason at all will be virtually zilch.

Next!

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 07:49 PM

https://thumbnailer.digitalnz.org/?resize=664%3E&src=https%3A%2F%2Fndhadeliver.natlib.govt.nz%2FNLN ZStreamGate%2Fget%3Fdps_pid%3DIE83495637 just to be clear I am not advocating for No Eviction policy, just against the “no cause” eviction.

Baa_Baa
13-04-2024, 07:58 PM
just to be clear I am not advocating for No Eviction policy, just the “no cause” eviction.

Let's just say you own a property, and you lease it to someone on a contract. The renter has no obligation to give reason (cause) why they might choose to terminate the contract and leave. You however think that you the owner and lessor of the property should be obligated to have a reason 'cause' for terminating the contract?

Why would you suggest and support this imbalance in contract law, where one party has to give cause, whereas the other party need not give cause?

westerly
13-04-2024, 08:18 PM

Deafening!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-...IYUF2BYYKYMDM/

What kind of mother or human being does that - bring ever more children on welfare into the world?quote

Read the article again. The 3 children maybe are older and have left home?

westerly

mistaTea
13-04-2024, 08:27 PM
Let's just say you own a property, and you lease it to someone on a contract. The renter has no obligation to give reason (cause) why they might choose to terminate the contract and leave. You however think that you the owner and lessor of the property should be obligated to have a reason 'cause' for terminating the contract?

Why would you suggest and support this imbalance in contract law, where one party has to give cause, whereas the other party need not give cause?

Because like all the other woke, he hasn’t thought it through.

Bjauck
13-04-2024, 09:54 PM

First, it would not necessarily be an imbalance as there are various rights and obligations on both sides. Contracts are also subject to public policy as reflected in the statutory requirements.

Second, for a variety of reasons I decided some time ago never to be a landlord of a residential property. This has probably cost me from a purely transactional investment point of view, as I think some of my peer group have had excellent investment returns from leveraged residential rental investments., in excess of the returns I have received from my shares and funds.

All investment classes have different laws and rules pertaining to them. I would recognise that renting out housing would have specific rules: Such as rules relating to health, safety and other standards. As this investment specifically relates to providing accommodation, for “human beings” some of whom may be bringing up families, then I would realise that would come with obligations. Of course, if I no longer wished to provide accommodation, I could sell the property giving the otherwise good tenants at least 90 days (I think) notice that I may need vacant possession for the sale.

mistaTea
14-04-2024, 07:12 AM
Of course, if I no longer wished to provide accommodation, I could sell the property giving the otherwise good tenants at least 90 days (I think) notice that I may need vacant possession for the sale.

And good for you.

But there is no requirement to sell it if you want to stop renting it to someone (as you seem to think there should be).

If I have a tenant living in one of my properties - and I decide I no longer wish to rent the property out to the tenant, I quite rightly have an avenue to do so.

Whether I am doing it because I intend to sell the property, or prefer to rent the property out to someone else I know, or have split from my wife and need my own place to live, or want to move my whole family into the rental is actually none of my tenants business.

I don’t have to provide evidence or a good story as you seem to think. All I have to do is give a minimum of 90 days notice.

You are desperately trying to make a big deal out of a non-issue.

Bjauck
14-04-2024, 10:10 AM
mistaTea;1048087 And good for you. Thanks. I was asked if I thought there is an imbalance in contract law. I do not. Even when coalition statutory changes come into force, it will just change the mix of rights and obligations. The whole housing and rental market is riddled with the effects of government policy, requirements and subsidies. This of course benefits landlords as well as tenants. There is not an uncontrolled free market. The fact NZ households seems to prefer to invest in residential housing by a margin over investing in equities indicates where the balance of cost/benefit of entering contracts has lain.

But there is no requirement to sell it if you want to stop renting it to someone (as you seem to think there should be. Sure, if a tenancy has legally ended. You can keep you investment property empty, or keep it is an extra home. It could become an expensive exercise, with negative returns in a consolidating property market. Not a good investment. However that is up to you if you can, and are prepared to bear those costs.

If I have a tenant living in one of my properties - and I decide I no longer wish to rent the property out to the tenant, I quite rightly have an avenue to do so. From 2025, when the Residential Tenancy Act amendments with no cause evictions take effect. Will the amendments be retrospective - and apply to pre-exisiting agreements?

Whether I am doing it because I intend to sell the property, or prefer to rent the property out to someone else I know, or have split from my wife and need my own place to live, or want to move my whole family into the rental is actually none of my tenants business.

I don’t have to provide evidence or a good story as you seem to think. All I have to do is give a minimum of 90 days notice.

You had the conniptions over my posts.

mistaTea
14-04-2024, 10:45 AM
mistaTea;1048087 And good for you. Thanks. I was asked if I thought there is an imbalance in contract law. I do not. Even when coalition statutory changes come into force, it will just change the mix of rights and obligations. The whole housing and rental market is riddled with the effects of government policy, requirements and subsidies. This of course benefits landlords as well as tenants. There is not an uncontrolled free market. The fact NZ households seems to prefer to invest in residential housing by a margin over investing in equities indicates where the balance of cost/benefit of entering contracts has lain.

But there is no requirement to sell it if you want to stop renting it to someone (as you seem to think there should be. Sure, if a tenancy has legally ended. You can keep you investment property empty, or keep it is an extra home. It could become an expensive exercise, with negative returns in a consolidating property market. Not a good investment. However that is up to you if you can, and are prepared to bear those costs.

If I have a tenant living in one of my properties - and I decide I no longer wish to rent the property out to the tenant, I quite rightly have an avenue to do so. From 2025, when the Residential Tenancy Act amendments with no cause evictions take effect. Will the amendments be retrospective - and apply to pre-exisiting agreements?

You had the conniptions over my posts.

I am glad we finally agree there is no issue here.

Bjauck
14-04-2024, 02:21 PM
I am glad we finally agree there is no issue here.We have to agree to disagree as to whether no cause evictions are good public policy.

mistaTea
14-04-2024, 02:29 PM
We have to agree to disagree as to whether no cause evictions are good public policy.

No, no.

We can just agree.

Storm in a teacup. A non-issue.

dobby41
14-04-2024, 05:05 PM

You are correct that there is an imbalance in the relationship between renter and LL.
In the contract, there are conditions - conditions around the quality and maintenance of the property.
There are also actions that a tenant can take if the tenant feels that any of those conditions haven't been met - they can (ultimately) go to the tenancy tribunal to seek remedy after they have issued the LL a 10-day notice to repair.
In many cases what happened (under the 90-day no-cause termination) the LL would decide that the tenant was a troublemaker and seek to remove them by saying be gone in 90 days.
Many tenants felt an implied threat of this and would put up with issues that they shouldn't have to put up with (leaks, mold due to leaks, ovens not working, etc).

That is where the imbalance is.
A shortage of rental accommodation means tenants had to put up with what they shouldn't have to put up with.
So the tenant

mistaTea
14-04-2024, 05:44 PM
You are correct that there is an imbalance in the relationship between renter and LL.
In the contract, there are conditions - conditions around the quality and maintenance of the property.
There are also actions that a tenant can take if the tenant feels that any of those conditions haven't been met - they can (ultimately) go to the tenancy tribunal to seek remedy after they have issued the LL a 10-day notice to repair.
In many cases what happened (under the 90-day no-cause termination) the LL would decide that the tenant was a troublemaker and seek to remove them by saying be gone in 90 days.
Many tenants felt an implied threat of this and would put up with issues that they shouldn't have to put up with (leaks, mold due to leaks, ovens not working, etc).

That is where the imbalance is.
A shortage of rental accommodation means tenants had to put up with what they shouldn't have to put up with.
So the tenant

Yes, yes you lot have no shortage of made up sop stories to share.

But you can’t get away from the fundamental fact that the LL owns the property and can rent it or not. There must be an avenue for the LL to stop renting the property without having to make up a reason.

Otherwise you just force them to lie. “I need you out because I am going to renovate and sell”. Then after the person gaps it “Ahhh, my circumstances have changed and I will rent it out for a bit longer. He he”.

It’s just silly.

If there is a problem with dodgy LL’s not ensuring that their properties meet the legal minimum requirements then you address that issue, but you don’t remove the whole 90 day notice as a lazy and clumsy way of doing it.

If the LL has done what they are legally required to do and the tenant is overly demanding and keeps pestering the LL with wanting this and that then too f*cken right the LL can give them the boot , no reason given, 90 days notice and get someone else in who won’t be such a headache.

Bjauck
14-04-2024, 05:57 PM
Redacted post.

Bjauck
14-04-2024, 06:03 PM
Redacted post

Balance
15-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Interesting editorial opinion by NZ Herald (one of the biggest recipients of Ardern's media bribe - $10.5m to NZME) urging Labour to do something, anything to rise up and be a real Opposition to the Coalition.

Sounds like a cry for help by the woke left leaning Herald which does not allow any criticism of the Maorification of NZ to be published.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/kahu/labour-pains-will-the-real-opposition-party-please-stand-up/SNHCX6OFVFFMDHEIYBDCPKDKZY/
paywalled

Since the election, Labour’s loyal supporters have been waiting for the real opposition to the coalition wrecking-machine to please stand up. Some of Labour’s old guard have left the red team. Some were forced out when losing their once safe electorate seats like Mahuta (Hauraki-Waikato), Kelvin Davis (Te Tai Tokerau), Peeni Henare (Tāmaki Makaurau but still a list MP), Rino Tirikatene (Te Tai Tonga), Michael Wood (Mt Roskill), Tamati Coffey (East Coast) to name a big few scalps as the 2020 red wave turned into a blue lagoon.

Now is the time for Labour to take a deep dive into itself and consider who and what it represents. Changes must happen. In other words, stand down and step aside.

Bunch of tired, useless and clueless Losers - Rejected by the majority of NZers.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/v2/OIPZ72PP5FC2ZJ3GKTQ3IG7BVE.jpg?auth=5fcf0443584455 212cc9d61fb372df7581635ccb227f3eaca2cea203b3e3ea0b&width=1440&height=810&quality=70&smart=true

Joshuatree
15-04-2024, 10:39 AM
You're the best example of a repetitive tired clueless antikiwi there is,congrats on reaching the top of the blubber heap.👍

fungus pudding
15-04-2024, 11:24 AM
You're the best example of a repetitive tired clueless antikiwi there is,congrats on reaching the top of the blubber heap.��

Who is? .

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 11:29 AM
You're the best example of a repetitive tired clueless antikiwi there is,congrats on reaching the top of the blubber heap.

Balance is doing God's work in my view.

Not yielding, slapping down ridiculous woke ideology-based policy that some on here like to spout.

We saw what happened over the previous 6 years where the silent majority just let everything slide. NZ is in terrible shape, not only economically but also race relations etc.

If he has to repeat himself to keep the Woke Brigade in check he has my full support.

I would also point out that it is very rare (if ever) to see someone unpick any of his posts and point out where he is 'wrong'.

And the truth does hurt sometimes, that's a fact.

ynot
15-04-2024, 12:54 PM

Not yielding, slapping down ridiculous woke ideology-based policy that some on here like to spout.

We saw what happened over the previous 6 years where the silent majority just let everything slide. NZ is in terrible shape, not only economically but also race relations etc.

If he has to repeat himself to keep the Woke Brigade in check he has my full support.

I would also point out that it is very rare (if ever) to see someone unpick any of his posts and point out where he is 'wrong'.

Second that. As repetitive as Balance appears I have no doubt his comments are based on his concern for our future. The problem with most Kiwis is we are far too apathetic. Why do we stand by and watch a perfectly functional society and economy slide down the gurgler.

Daytr
15-04-2024, 01:32 PM

That has to be one of the most inaccurate posts I have seen on here, and boy that's saying a lot when considering what is posted.

Balance's posts if there is anything of substance which is rare, are unpicked regularly.
The rest of his post are just sloppy insults to a large part of the population and referring to get his arse kissed.
Well I guess we just found out who is first in the arse kissing queue.

Don't you love terms like 'silent majority' another words a figment of your imagination.

And when you say 'God's' work, which god are you referring to?
Also I'm not aware of too many god's that advocate for arse kissing or insulting others on a regular basis. Apollo perhaps?

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 01:34 PM
That has to be one of the most inaccurate posts I have seen on here, and boy that's saying a lot when considering what is posted.

Balance's posts if there is anything of substance which is rare are unpicked regularly.
The rest of his post are just sloppy insults to a large part of the population and referring to get his arse kissed.
Well I guess we just found out who is first in the arse kissing queue.

Don't you love terms like 'silent majority' another words a figment of your imagination.

And when you say 'God's' work, which god are you referring to?
Also I'm not aware of too many god's that advocate for arse kicking or insulting others on a regular basis.

You are just miffed because Balance has given you the worst of the public spankings he has had to mete out.

Daytr
15-04-2024, 01:43 PM
You are just miffed because Balance has given you the worst of the public spankings he has had to mete out.

Awww thats so cute, ridiculous but cute.
I'm sure Balance is enjoying the adoration as he's obviously into that sort of thing.
And like a good little soldier you are ready to pucker up on demand.

Water of a duck's back buddy, as when he continuously repeats the same insults, woke this, left that etc, it just loses all effect, as it's not intelligent or quick wit.
It's lazy slagging off people that have different views.
It's just tedious.

But each to their own. It's just interesting what some people enjoy. It's very rare to see any of the posters from the left on here call the righties any extreme terms, they could but they don't tend to. However there is a constant barrage of that from the right.

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 01:47 PM
Awww thats so cute, ridiculous but cute.
I'm sure Balance is enjoying the adoration as he's obviously into that sort of thing.
And like a good little soldier you are ready to pucker up on demand.

Water of a duck's back buddy, as when he continuously repeats the same insults, woke this, left that etc, it just loses all effect, as it's not intelligent or quick wit.
It's lazy slagging off people that have different views.
It's just tedious.

But each to their own. It's just interesting what some people enjoy. It's very rare to see any of the posters from the left on here call the righties any extreme terms, they could but they don't tend to. However there is a constant barrage of that from the right.

Yeah, I can tell this doesn't faze you at all.

Bjauck
15-04-2024, 01:51 PM

What do you think is God’s work? What ideology do you pursue? How do you think Balance is doing it? You need to be woke to the needs of others to do God’s work.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are those who suffer persecution for righteousness' sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 02:17 PM
What do you think is God’s work? What ideology do you pursue? How do you think Balance is doing it? You need to be woke to the needs of others to do God’s work.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are those who suffer persecution for righteousness' sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

He is performing an Exorcism, and there is much resitance and screeching from the demons he is (slowly but surely) forcing out.

Be gone, Demon!

Bjauck
15-04-2024, 02:29 PM
He is performing an Exorcism, and there is much resitance and screeching from the demons he is (slowly but surely) forcing out.

Be gone, Demon! LOL. I wasn’t aware that Balance was a Priest. Certainly a lot of demonic cursing has been present in some of your posts.

Daytr
15-04-2024, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I can tell this doesn't faze you at all.

Mate, I have worked on some of the biggest trading floors in the world, do you think a bit of Balance's poor attempts to slag all insundry off would bother me. It's boring, it's tedious, it's lazy, but it's not incendiary.

But if that makes you feel better, keep thinking that. I'm all for giving me.

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Mate, I have worked on some of the biggest trading floors in the world,

As what? The shoe shine?

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 04:43 PM
As what? The shoe shine?

I am just being cheeky to be clear.

You come across as very knowledgeable on the NZX chats.

dobby41
15-04-2024, 06:54 PM

Be gone, Demon!

Just when I thought this thread had hit bottom you surpassed yourself in nonsense drivel.
The stupidest post that I have seen.

dobby41
15-04-2024, 06:59 PM
Yes, yes you lot have no shortage of made up sop stories to share.
I gather that you are calling me a liar.
Maybe I see more of the truth from where I sit?

But you can’t get away from the fundamental fact that the LL owns the property and can rent it or not. There must be an avenue for the LL to stop renting the property without having to make up a reason.
Not a fundamental fact at all and your saying so doesn't make it one.
There doesn't have to be a way to stop renting to a person at will (no reason given) if society deems that isn't in society's best interest.

mistaTea
15-04-2024, 07:12 PM

There doesn't have to be a way to stop renting to a person at will (no reason given) if society deems that isn't in society's best interest.

It is not a fundamental fact that the LL owns the property?

Jesus Christ. We got you lot out of power in just the nick of time!

jonu
15-04-2024, 07:31 PM

dobby41, you are a self described large scale landlord. Yet you advocate for a Marxist position, whereby the state shall have control of personal property in the state's best interests. (substituting state for society). I don't think you have thought this through. Champagne socialists are the bane of our society (no state substitution)

Balance
15-04-2024, 08:55 PM
dobby41, you are a self described large scale landlord. Yet you advocate for a Marxist position, whereby the state shall have control of personal property in the state's best interests. (substituting state for society). I don't think you have thought this through. Champagne socialists are the bane of our society (no state substitution)

“The less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools however find other and bigger fools to applaud and follow them.”

Erasmus 1509

Apt description of the champagne socialists like Ardern, Robertson, Hipkins and their followers.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 06:23 AM
Marxist? Is any central government “interference” in markets “Marxist” in your definition? If so, I say thank God for Marxism with that definition! Without standards and regulation we would all be so much worse off. Maybe you prefer to cherry-pick your Marxism?

If your Auntry arrives from out of town, surely it is a “Marxist”. curb on your rights of property ownership, if you cannot immediately, without notice, evict your tenants so that Aunty can stay in the house that you own.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 06:28 AM
“The less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools however find other and bigger fools to applaud and follow them.”

Erasmus 1509

Apt description of the champagne socialists like Ardern, Robertson, Hipkins and their followers.Your Erasmus quote is more applicable to the likes of our friends such as Trump and Johnson from overseas democracies. However we have not been served well by our politicuans for decades.

Balance
16-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Your Erasmus quote is more applicable to the likes of our friends such as Trump and Johnson from overseas democracies. However we have not been served well by our politicuans for decades.

You seriously believe that Ardern, Hipkins and Robertson have talent and capabilities beyond spin and BS?

dobby41
16-04-2024, 10:53 AM

Trust you to extrapolate my position as Marxist.
I advocate that LLs have a responsibility to fairness.
When the power is skewed one way or the other an environment or unfairness is created.
Currently, LLs have greater power because there is such a shortage of property (owner-occupied and rental) that LLs can get away with taking advantage.
I don't think you understand what actually happens on the ground - I see it more often than I should from fellow LLs.
It isn't champagne socialist you should worry about - it is positions born of ignorance like yours and many others here.

dobby41
16-04-2024, 10:54 AM

Erasmus 1509

Nice quote - you must have very little talent then.

Balance
16-04-2024, 11:20 AM
An idea of just what the new government is up against in trying to turn NZ as a country around from the waste, incompetence and failure of Labour/Green under Ardern, Hipkins, Robertson, the Maori cabal and the cast of useless ministers :

Ardern and Kainga Ora added 170% (yes, 170%) more staff between Dec 2017 and April 2023 - from 1223 to 3305 during Labour's first 5.5 years in office.

And what did the additional 2082 staff achieved and do?

Well, clearly they do not know how to even arrange and manage a rubbish collection! Something so simple and with plenty of experiences by councils to learn from, they managed to stuff it up!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/failed-kainga-ora-rubbish-dumping-day-on-rotoruas-wrigley-rd-ends-in-11k-bill/LFXJYOP6TJF7FEXN6Y4RYO4HFI/

"The cost to clean up “mountains of rubbish” illegally dumped on Rotorua’s Wrigley Rd has come to more than $11,000. Rotorua Lakes Council has confirmed more than 7 tonnes of rubbish was removed after a community clean-up day organised by Kāinga Ora went wrong. Kāinga Ora was picking up the tab after word spread on social media people could dump their rubbish for free on Wrigley Rd."

But WAIT! There's more!

KO's debt has risen from $1.089 billion in 2017 when Labour took office to $12 billion today! So that's $916,000 for the additional 12,000 units added (not built) by Labour under Twyford & Woods.

And so KO (under Woods) came out with a plan to sell off 10,200 state houses next few years which Treasury, after reviewing the proposal, slated it as unreasonable!

Because KO has only ever sold around 100 units a year.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/treasury-says-kainga-ora-plans-to-sell-10k-homes-unreasonable-but-kainga-ora-might-be-right-want-to-sell/RQCGY34E5BG4FBBVZL5EHRRJQQ/
paywalled

What a bunch of buffoons!

Vui Mark Gosche - ex-Labour Minister appointed by Ardern to chair KO who resigned in a big hurry this year so he does not have to front for the failures of KO to deliver.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/v2/E6DFXEXWMVBPXGHTRIB7DPBDZ4.jpg?auth=97f0724303307a ce333e3ca089ada4d207bb9d061c33c9adb40057fe5ad5c6aa&width=1440&height=960&quality=70&smart=true

https://liberation.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d75d69e20240a4a91fef200d-800wi

dobby41
16-04-2024, 01:51 PM
Did I miss mention here of the interesting idea Simion has to tunnel 4km under Wellington?

jonu
16-04-2024, 02:09 PM
Trust you to extrapolate my position as Marxist.
I advocate that LLs have a responsibility to fairness.
When the power is skewed one way or the other an environment or unfairness is created.
Currently, LLs have greater power because there is such a shortage of property (owner-occupied and rental) that LLs can get away with taking advantage.
I don't think you understand what actually happens on the ground - I see it more often than I should from fellow LLs.
It isn't champagne socialist you should worry about - it is positions born of ignorance like yours and many others here.

It's Marxist in that it advocates for State control over Capital (in this case the landlord's house). State dabbling in subsidising the rental market has just further distorted it. Accommodation allowances paid to renters are destined to end up in the pockets of landlords, justifying higher house prices and enabling a never ending upwards climb. Non-too clever is it?

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 02:48 PM
It's Marxist in that it advocates for State control over Capital (in this case the landlord's house). State dabbling in subsidising the rental market has just further distorted it. Accommodation allowances paid to renters are destined to end up in the pockets of landlords, justifying higher house prices and enabling a never ending upwards climb. Non-too clever is it? Every investment is subject to a regulatory scheme with state imposed requirements. If you don’t like any if them, then don’t invest, or sell up. I think for you, a state formulated scheme for residential property in which you think the balance favours the landlord, ironically is not Marxist.

dobby41
16-04-2024, 03:01 PM
It's Marxist in that it advocates for State control over Capital (in this case the landlord's house). State dabbling in subsidising the rental market has just further distorted it. Accommodation allowances paid to renters are destined to end up in the pockets of landlords, justifying higher house prices and enabling a never ending upwards climb. Non-too clever is it?

There are already state controls over capital - a plethora of rules on what you can and can't do.

Accommodation allowances - I agree National (Ruth Richardson) made a bad move when they first introduced them and no one has been willing to get rid of them since.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 03:44 PM
I was thinking what life would be in a Jonu-inspired Marxism free society without state control over owner’s capital. I am not sure if there would be any Crimes or whether that would be regarded as Marxist control of the individual. However, There would be no building codes, as owner’s of capital should be free to employ their capital however they like, without any state regulations.

We would probably see the sophisticated development of voluntary codes that participants would be free to join. This would probably lead to areas of settlements that would have good quality buildings with a higher wealthy owner-occupant proportion, and with good quality rental accommodation with secure tenure for the wealthier tenants. There would be good security from private armies, and reliable services from suppliers. None of these people would want the independent non-member contractors, landlords and builders to move into their areas.

There would be townships with cheap buildings prone to collapse and fire, where the destitute would reside at their peril, and where landlords would risk having their investments collapse and burn. Private bailiffs would patrol these townships terrorising, and trying to exact overdue rent and absconding tenants.

There would be shanties where wouild reside the people that even the most lowly slum landlords would not accept. Some charities may helicopter in water, food and clothes.

There would be majority middling areas, where building collapses and fires would not be a daily occurrence. Services would be spasmodic.

This would end up similar to Ancient Rome in other words. Although that was bit “Marxist” with its state supplied aquaducts and gladiator events, and its sophisticated legal system controlling what people could do.

Getty
16-04-2024, 05:33 PM
An idea of just what the new government is up against in trying to turn NZ as a country around from the waste, incompetence and failure of Labour/Green under Ardern, Hipkins, Robertson, the Maori cabal and the cast of useless ministers :

Ardern and Kainga Ora added 170% (yes, 170%) more staff between Dec 2017 and April 2023 - from 1223 to 3305 during Labour's first 5.5 years in office.

And what did the additional 2082 staff achieved and do?

Well, clearly they do not know how to even arrange and manage a rubbish collection! Something so simple and with plenty of experiences by councils to learn from, they managed to stuff it up!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/failed-kainga-ora-rubbish-dumping-day-on-rotoruas-wrigley-rd-ends-in-11k-bill/LFXJYOP6TJF7FEXN6Y4RYO4HFI/

"The cost to clean up “mountains of rubbish” illegally dumped on Rotorua’s Wrigley Rd has come to more than $11,000. Rotorua Lakes Council has confirmed more than 7 tonnes of rubbish was removed after a community clean-up day organised by Kāinga Ora went wrong. Kāinga Ora was picking up the tab after word spread on social media people could dump their rubbish for free on Wrigley Rd."

But WAIT! There's more!

KO's debt has risen from $1.089 billion in 2017 when Labour took office to $12 billion today! So that's $916,000 for the additional 12,000 units added (not built) by Labour under Twyford & Woods.

And so KO (under Woods) came out with a plan to sell off 10,200 state houses next few years which Treasury, after reviewing the proposal, slated it as unreasonable!

Because KO has only ever sold around 100 units a year.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/treasury-says-kainga-ora-plans-to-sell-10k-homes-unreasonable-but-kainga-ora-might-be-right-want-to-sell/RQCGY34E5BG4FBBVZL5EHRRJQQ/
paywalled

What a bunch of buffoons!

Vui Mark Gosche - ex-Labour Minister appointed by Ardern to chair KO who resigned in a big hurry this year so he does not have to front for the failures of KO to deliver.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/resizer/v2/E6DFXEXWMVBPXGHTRIB7DPBDZ4.jpg?auth=97f0724303307a ce333e3ca089ada4d207bb9d061c33c9adb40057fe5ad5c6aa&width=1440&height=960&quality=70&smart=true

https://liberation.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d75d69e20240a4a91fef200d-800wi

But the the extra KO staff would be a diverse group of people?

They would be able to recite the principles of tiriti in chorus quicker than a Tenancy agreement, and know what a rainbow crossing is.

The gang tenants really respected them, or did they??

jonu
16-04-2024, 06:54 PM
I was thinking what life would be in a Jonu-inspired Marxism free society without state control over owner’s capital. I am not sure if there would be any Crimes or whether that would be regarded as Marxist control of the individual. However, There would be no building codes, as owner’s of capital should be free to employ their capital however they like, without any state regulations.

We would probably see the sophisticated development of voluntary codes that participants would be free to join. This would probably lead to areas of settlements that would have good quality buildings with a higher wealthy owner-occupant proportion, and with good quality rental accommodation with secure tenure for the wealthier tenants. There would be good security from private armies, and reliable services from suppliers. None of these people would want the independent non-member contractors, landlords and builders to move into their areas.

There would be townships with cheap buildings prone to collapse and fire, where the destitute would reside at their peril, and where landlords would risk having their investments collapse and burn. Private bailiffs would patrol these townships terrorising, and trying to exact overdue rent and absconding tenants.

There would be shanties where wouild reside the people that even the most lowly slum landlords would not accept. Some charities may helicopter in water, food and clothes.

There would be majority middling areas, where building collapses and fires would not be a daily occurrence. Services would be spasmodic.

This would end up similar to Ancient Rome in other words. Although that was bit “Marxist” with its state supplied aquaducts and gladiator events, and its sophisticated legal system controlling what people could do.

I don't think it unreasonable to see a difference between some regulation of standards etc, and the State dictating that you have no control over who you let your property to. So your lengthy extrapolation is somewhat unnecessary IMHO.

mistaTea
16-04-2024, 07:08 PM
I don't think it unreasonable to see a difference between some regulation of standards etc, and the State dictating that you have no control over who you let your property to. So your lengthy extrapolation is somewhat unnecessary IMHO.

BJ loves to manufacture outrage.

Baa_Baa
16-04-2024, 07:40 PM

Agree, and very boring as well, like grandstanding or seeking attention, posting lengthy diatribe on public discussion groups just because they have bit of extra time on their hands and are probably just bored themselves, creating pointless narrative for the sake of meaningless, unlikely or ridiculous conversation.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 07:42 PM
I don't think it unreasonable to see a difference between some regulation of standards etc, and the State dictating that you have no control over who you let your property to. So your lengthy extrapolation is somewhat unnecessary IMHO. So you like the Marxist state requirements with respect to your capital invested in a property except the absence of no cause eviction.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 07:50 PM
Agree, and very boring as well, like grandstanding or seeking attention, posting lengthy diatribe on public discussion groups just because they have bit of extra time on their hands and are probably just bored themselves, creating pointless narrative for the sake of meaningless, unlikely or ridiculous conversation.
It is good to read your posts on the good work that the coalition government is doing, I understand that investment real estate is a sacred cow.

Baa_Baa
16-04-2024, 07:55 PM
So you like the Marxist state requirements with respect to your capital invested in a property except the absence of no cause eviction.

No, I just think you are very boring and wasting everyone's time posting nonsense arguing immaterial points that will lead to no one being more enlightened. Your crusade against the tax system and advocacy for a CGT is also extremely tedious and repetitive. Very close to ignore, imo. You need some new material, maybe school up on investing and start posting something on the investment threads instead? Just a thought.

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 08:04 PM
No, I just think you are very boring and wasting everyone's time posting nonsense arguing immaterial points that will lead to no one being more enlightened. Your crusade against the tax system and advocacy for a CGT is also extremely tedious and repetitive. Very close to ignore, imo. You need some new material, maybe school up on investing and start posting something on the investment threads instead? Just a thought. I did not realise that there was a requirement to post on certain threads. Many of the posts on investment threads are drivel or personal attacks. A bit like this post of yours. Please ignore me! Just do it. No need to keep on showboating about threatening to ignore me.

Daytr
16-04-2024, 08:08 PM
No, I just think you are very boring and wasting everyone's time posting nonsense arguing immaterial points that will lead to no one being more enlightened. Your crusade against the tax system and advocacy for a CGT is also extremely tedious and repetitive. Very close to ignore, imo. You need some new material, maybe school up on investing and start posting something on the investment threads instead? Just a thought.

It wasn't Bjauck that brought up the irrelevant Marxist comments.

Baa_Baa
16-04-2024, 08:11 PM
I did not realise that there was a requirement to post on certain threads. Many of the posts on investment threads are drivel or personal attacks. A bit like this post of yours. Please ignore me! Just do it. No need to keep on showboating about threatening to ignore me.

Ok, will do, goodbye

Baa_Baa
16-04-2024, 08:12 PM
It wasn't Bjauck that brought up the irrelevant Marxist comments.

You’re next IMO

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 08:17 PM
Ok, will do, goodbyeHurrah for that!

Bjauck
16-04-2024, 08:19 PM
It wasn't Bjauck that brought up the irrelevant Marxist comments. My post that got his goat was admittedly long-winded though.

Getty
16-04-2024, 10:15 PM
Well, with Stuff taking over Newshub, everyone will be able to get Stuffed.

Prophetic man that Paddy!

Get Stuffed could be the new name for the program.

nztx
16-04-2024, 10:29 PM
Well, with Stuff taking over Newshub, everyone will be able to get Stuffed.

Prophetic man that Paddy!

Get Stuffed could be the new name for the program.

But didn't Discovery / Three tell NZH to get stuffed ? ;)

Balance
17-04-2024, 10:32 AM
This is more like it - get rid of all the diversity & political crap appointees.

High time children comes first rather than Labour’s BS & PC.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/public-sector-cuts-oranga-tamariki-to-focus-on-core-purpose-hundreds-of-jobs-set-to-go/SZQTWAVN2VDNDEX7EAWNSXG4EY/

mistaTea
17-04-2024, 10:44 AM
This is more like it - get rid of all the diversity & political crap appointees.

High time children comes first rather than Labour’s BS & PC.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/public-sector-cuts-oranga-tamariki-to-focus-on-core-purpose-hundreds-of-jobs-set-to-go/SZQTWAVN2VDNDEX7EAWNSXG4EY/

Was just reading this.

“ An OT social worker told the Herald “these cuts are significant - even extreme - because most of these positions are held by the kaimahi with the most knowledge, skills and experience. For our children this will mean a poorer service.”

Yes these cuts are extreme.

Extremely small relative to what I would have done!

AHH HUHUHUHUHU!

Balance
17-04-2024, 11:03 AM
Was just reading this.

“ An OT social worker told the Herald “these cuts are significant - even extreme - because most of these positions are held by the kaimahi with the most knowledge, skills and experience. For our children this will mean a poorer service.”

Yes these cuts are extreme.

Extremely small relative to what I would have done!

AHH HUHUHUHUHU!

Fxxk them and their ‘great’ service to date.

Bloody disgraceful bunch of incompetent self-serving ministers and useless senior staff at OT to date under Labour. Big staff numbers, big salaries and big fxxk-ups.

Balance
17-04-2024, 12:54 PM
Fxxk them and their ‘great’ service to date.

Bloody disgraceful bunch of incompetent self-serving ministers and useless senior staff at OT to date under Labour. Big staff numbers, big salaries and big fxxk-ups.

Get this - As of December 2023, Oranga Tamariki's headcount was 4904, according to data from the Public Service Commission. In July 2018 (refer below), OT had 1503 staff.

So the agency under Lanour went on an orgy of hiring additional 3401 staff (>200%) and is now crying ‘extreme’ because it has to reduce staff numbers by 400!!!

Seriously, fxxk Labour, fxxk Ardern & Kelvin Davis, fxxk OT.

And fxxk the MSM for never highlighting the orgy of Labour hiring 16,000 additional civil servants, while obsessively writing about the minuscule necessary job cuts.

https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/About-us/Corporate-reports/Annual-Report/OT1170-Annual-Report-2018-2019.pdf

mistaTea
17-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Inflation down to 4%.

Can we give the new govt all the credit? 😅😳🤭

Balance
17-04-2024, 03:42 PM
Inflation down to 4%.

Can we give the new govt all the credit? ������

The consumer price index rose 0.6 per cent in the March 2024 quarter - encouraging number which annualises inflation at 2.4% pa.

Too early to give this government credit - let’s see how they go by end of 2024.

One thing for sure - the job cuts in the public sector should send a collective shiver down the spine of the free spending public sector and help rein in inflation.

fungus pudding
17-04-2024, 04:27 PM
Inflation down to 4%.

Can we give the new govt all the credit? ������

Not all - but still a significant amount compared to the last crowd.

Balance
17-04-2024, 05:36 PM
Savage cuts? NZ Herald can kiss my arse with the description of 565 jobs cut at Ministry of Education.

Because the ministry added 1704 jobs in the last 7 years, mostly in the last 6 years under Ardern, Hipkins and Jan Tinetti. And everything in education went backwards under them and the increased staff.

Redeploy the staff numbers and budgets to schools - that’s where the need is.

WTF did the additional staff hired by Labour do? Dreamt up how to Maorify education and fxxk up students’ education, that’s what.

Fxxk Hipkins and Tinetti especially.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/public-sector-cuts-more-than-500-ministry-of-education-jobs-on-the-line-in-cost-saving-proposal-says-union/3QFHR4QI3FAXJFWLVDZEFAZUXY/

mistaTea
17-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Savage cuts? NZ Herald can kiss my arse with the description of 565 jobs at Ministry of Education.

Because the ministry added 1704 jobs in the last 7 years, mostly in the last 6 years under Ardern, Hipkins and Jan Tinetti.

Fxxk the three of them.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/public-sector-cuts-more-than-500-ministry-of-education-jobs-on-the-line-in-cost-saving-proposal-says-union/3QFHR4QI3FAXJFWLVDZEFAZUXY/

You say true.

And especially when they see just how bad education is in NZ now.

Not all the last governments fault, but the hundreds of jobs that added have done nothing to improve things from where I am sitting.

So good riddance.

Aaron
18-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Interesting survey, not sure how much we can rely on it.

New Zealand broken and in decline – new survey

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/04/18/new-zealand-broken-and-in-decline-kiwis-say/

The headline is in line with what Balance has been telling us, but the reasons given in the article strongly diverge with his reasoning for this view.

Balance thinks NZ is in decline due to bludgers and parasites, whether that be beneficiaries, labour, maori or green mps or bureaucrats in general. I have some sympathy for those views.

According to the survey the main reason people think this is People believe the economy is rigged to benefit the rich and powerful and traditional politicians aren’t doing anything about it.

Admittedly labour oversaw the biggest increase in wealth and income disparity ever seen and did nothing concrete to address a monetary system that drives up asset prices while impoverishing the assetless with inflation.

Also both parties have overseen massive immigration which is designed to reduce wages and increase the demand for rent and other services and infrastructure. Both parties are unable to introduce a capital gains tax, but that is mostly due to the voting public or at least a large section of the voting public.

When you see that the people surveyed want to see a strong leader it looks like we are in Neil Howes fourth turning. No one can agree what needs to be done to remedy the situation but a lot of people feel the need for change.

Change appears to fail at the point when people are asked to make some sort of sacrifice for the benefit of the country as a whole.

Balance
18-04-2024, 09:05 AM
You say true.

And especially when they see just how bad education is in NZ now.

Not all the last governments fault, but the hundreds of jobs that added have done nothing to improve things from where I am sitting.

So good riddance.

Quality, not quantity - something that has escaped the leftist woke purveyors of socialist and communist ideologies.

Ministry of Education Cuts in Perspective.

NZH reports 565 positions to go.

4,509 – 565 = 3,944 remaining employed.

3,944 – 2,700 (in 2017) = 1,244 to get back to pre-Labour (Hipkins) level.

While it is hard for people to lose positions many of the new roles since 2017 have done little or nothing to help the children of NZ get a better education. If fact – the attendance and success of those students – has moved inversely to the willy-nilly employment strategies of Iona Holstead and her Deputy Secretaries.

I haven’t seen it announced that Holsted (and her off-siders) have accepted responsibility for both the dire situation with the education system and the fact that 565 have been shown the door.

There is little integrity if the top 12 have not fallen on their envelope openers and allowed Stanford and Seymour to bring in good people and bring the system change that our children, families, society and economy desperately needs.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/ministry_of_education_cuts_in_perspective.html

*Alwyn Poole is a well-known figure in the New Zealand education system. He founded and was the head of Mt Hobson Middle School in Auckland for 18 years.

Bjauck
18-04-2024, 09:12 AM
When we have those with vested interest and entitlement, there is inertia to change. Whether the inertia is from all those extra staff in OT, and other departments, or from those who have comparatively benefited from our existing state fiscal and monetary policies. How much social disintegration is needed before the point of inflexion is reached for the voting public to vote in major reform?

We have left wing governments that develop a feeling of social entitlement on the one hand, without tackling the system that is developing economic disadvantage. Then a right wing government that tackles the burgeoning social entitlement, while not tackling the economic entitlement for others.

Daytr
18-04-2024, 09:32 AM
This ain't great!
Lobbyist rules of engagement watered down to nothing at a time that ministers are given unprecedented powers.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2018934606/draft-code-of-conduct-for-lobbyists-watered-down-meaningless

Balance
18-04-2024, 10:21 AM
Interesting survey, not sure how much we can rely on it.

New Zealand broken and in decline – new survey

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/04/18/new-zealand-broken-and-in-decline-kiwis-say/

The headline is in line with what Balance has been telling us, but the reasons given in the article strongly diverge with his reasoning for this view.

Balance thinks NZ is in decline due to bludgers and parasites, whether that be beneficiaries, labour, maori or green mps or bureaucrats in general. I have some sympathy for those views.

According to the survey the main reason people think this is People believe the economy is rigged to benefit the rich and powerful and traditional politicians aren’t doing anything about it.

Admittedly labour oversaw the biggest increase in wealth and income disparity ever seen and did nothing concrete to address a monetary system that drives up asset prices while impoverishing the assetless with inflation.

Also both parties have overseen massive immigration which is designed to reduce wages and increase the demand for rent and other services and infrastructure. Both parties are unable to introduce a capital gains tax, but that is mostly due to the voting public or at least a large section of the voting public.

When you see that the people surveyed want to see a strong leader it looks like we are in Neil Howes fourth turning. No one can agree what needs to be done to remedy the situation but a lot of people feel the need for change.

Change appears to fail at the point when people are asked to make some sort of sacrifice for the benefit of the country as a whole.

"A majority of New Zealand respondents backed these statements, as well as expressing desire for a “strong leader” to either “take the country back from the rich and powerful” or “break the rules” to get things done."

So what happened?

I thought the woke leftists believe that Ardern was a 'strong leader' and she implemented so many policies to 'take the country back from the rich and powerful' and 'break the rules' to get things done?

How could things get worse with such a leader, especially one elected in 2020 with an unprecedented MMP majority mandate?

Racial, social and economic divisions never seen and experienced before in NZ - that's the legacy of the 'strong leader' that NZ had for 5.33 of the last 6 years!

The answer is of course that the majority of politicians are for themselves first and foremost, especially the flaky ones like Clueless Cindy & Hapless Hipkins.

Then, there's the NZ voting public - always looking for a quick fix with no pain or sacrifices from themselves. Particularly the parasites and beneficiaries.

Those with initiative, skills and get up & go - best to migrate to Australia.

Aaron
18-04-2024, 11:50 AM
Then, there's the NZ voting public - always looking for a quick fix with no pain or sacrifices from themselves. Particularly the parasites and beneficiaries.

Those with initiative, skills and get up & go - best to migrate to Australia.

I always thought it was funny that labour won the first time without changing any policy but just changed the leader who had a nice smile and a catchy slogan. Not sure what that says about the NZ voter.

What is Aussie doing differently, other than having mineral wealth.

As a left leaning bleeding heart I like their much more progressive tax system (45% over $190,000) as well as a capital gains tax, also they force people to save for their own retirement not expecting someone else to pay for it. There is state super for those that need it though.

Wealth distribution mostly happens through taxation Aussie appears to be doing a lot more of this than NZ yet you are suggesting it is a better place.

What about the low tax, small govt mantra our current leaders are following. Will this allow us to catch up to Australia or are they just pandering to selfish aholes to win votes.

Admittedly the vast waste from the previous govt will have put us all off govt spending for a while but National should be able to come up with some practical projects to push the nation forward if they had the money.

Joshuatree
18-04-2024, 12:03 PM
What about the low tax, small govt mantra our current leaders are following. Will this allow us to catch up to Australia or are they just pandering to selfish aholes to win votes.

That's what it was, a dildo carrot to get power.yes Labour may have gone a little too far with their policies but what's happening now are extreme ,punishing , damaging cuts and changes the other way, treating this country like ruthless cost cutting business devoid of compassion care and empathy and removing environmental safeguards to boot. It's a dumbing down of Life here as we know it. The screws are turning tighter and tighter for most kiwis and hardships are going to just keep increasing imo.I give this cannibal collective maybe a year before they get the chop.

Aaron
18-04-2024, 12:47 PM
That's what it was, a dildo carrot to get power.yes Labour may have gone a little too far with their policies but what's happening now are extreme ,punishing , damaging cuts and changes the other way, treating this country like ruthless cost cutting business devoid of compassion care and empathy and removing environmental safeguards to boot. It's a dumbing down of Life here as we know it. The screws are turning tighter and tighter for most kiwis and hardships are going to just keep increasing imo.I give this cannibal collective maybe a year before they get the chop.

I think Balance gave some perspective re the job cuts in the public service. It looks like they are reversing some of the excesses of the previous govt. I am not aware of the additional value from the increased spending.

mistaTea
18-04-2024, 01:38 PM
I always thought it was funny that labour won the first time without changing any policy but just changed the leader who had a nice smile and a catchy slogan. Not sure what that says about the NZ voter.

No, that’s not quite right.

Though Cindy did provide the party with a boost after Cunliffe and Little ran the party into the ground, at the general election Labour still only managed 36.9% party vote.

National (under Bill English) got 44.4%. A very solid result in MMP.

But because Winnie was p1ssed off with National due to someone leaking his pension overpayment details, he did not form a coalition with the largest party (even though NZF and their voter based are much more aligned with National).

Cindy even rang Bill on election night to congratulate him as it seemed obvious that National would form the next govt.

So Cindy was only put into power because Winnie had the zig with the nats.

In the first term NZF was somewhat of a handbrake on labour. They certainly stopped their nuttier polices.

Labour was on track to be a one term govt -
then Covid hit and people decided kind, caring Cindy was just what we needed more of. So she won an absolute majority. No NZF handbrake. And the rest is history.

I actually blame Winston for the mess we are in.

fungus pudding
18-04-2024, 01:42 PM

Though Cindy did provide the party with a boost after Cunliffe and Little ran the party into the ground, at the general election Labour still only managed 36.9% party vote.

But because Winnie was p1ssed off with National due to someone leaking his pension overpayment details, he did not form a coalition with the largest party (even though NZF and their voter based are much more aligned with National).

Cindy even rang Bill on election night to congratulate him as it seemed obvious that National would form the next govt.

In the first term NZF was somewhat of a handbrake on labour. They certainly stopped their nuttier polices.

then Covid hit and people decided kind, caring Cindy was just what we needed more of. So she won an absolute majority. No NZF handbrake. And the rest is history.

Well summarised - good work.

Aaron
18-04-2024, 02:05 PM

OK Labour didn't win the election unless you count governing the nation as a win, but their popularity surged from 26% to a peak of 44% settling to 39.6% on election night just by having Jacinda take over as leader. What policies did labour change or introduce to cause this surge in popularity?

mistaTea
18-04-2024, 02:31 PM
OK Labour didn't win the election unless you count governing the nation as a win, but their popularity surged from 26% to a peak of 44% settling to 39.6% on election night just by having Jacinda take over as leader. What policies did labour change or introduce to cause this surge in popularity?

My point is that labour won by accident.

Your note about “what does that say about the NZ voter?” …as in the majority of nzers wanted a labour govt even though they were still a shambles, with no feasible and costed policies.

The sentiment on election day was towards a national led govt. But Winnie got the zig.

True that Jacindamania did grip many people. It felt good to have someone say we should be kind, and empathetic towards each other (not that she was herself lol).

And she was going to end child hunger too, she assured us earnestly.

The polls did fluctuate with people being in love with Cindy on the day of certain polls.

But when the cold hard reality of casting a vote came about, a lot more people threw their lot in with Boring Bill.

And that is all that matters at the end of the day (not what the polls said leading up).

dobby41
18-04-2024, 02:45 PM
Build a tunnel under Wellington - what a great idea (not).
Will they continue with the 2nd (third?) tunnel through Mt Victoria?
How will they pay for it?
Will any of this 'Get Wellington Moving'?

Bjauck
18-04-2024, 02:55 PM
I hope the engineering is sound. We don’t want a Mt Victoria riddled with tunnels slipping into the harbour during an earthquake. Maybe the tunnels will be dug out by the laid off Civil servants.

Aaron
18-04-2024, 03:07 PM
My point is that labour won by accident.

Your note about “what does that say about the NZ voter?” …as in the majority of nzers wanted a labour govt even though they were still a shambles, with no feasible and costed policies.

My point which you completely missed was that a decent chunk of the voting public couldn't give a rats ar*se about policy (which is what should matter imo) and will vote for a smiley face. Labour went from 26% to 44% with no change in policies that I remember, which imo was crazy.

I recall John Key used to put on his smiley face when in public and he was much loved.

You are very defensive or argumentative to have so completely got the wrong end of the stick but FP was agreeing with you so maybe it was me who was not clear.

blackcap
18-04-2024, 03:36 PM
I hope the engineering is sound. We don’t want a Mt Victoria riddled with tunnels slipping into the harbour during an earthquake. Maybe the tunnels will be dug out by the laid off Civil servants.

That would not be a bad idea. Give them a shovel and a pick and make them do an honest day's work for their dole money.

mistaTea
18-04-2024, 04:08 PM
… so maybe it was me who was not clear.

You say true, I say thank ya.

Balance
19-04-2024, 08:31 AM

How quick the woke leftist losers (who kept quiet about the wasted $228m spent on Auckland's Light Rail and $76m on Auckland's bike bridge to nowhere) are to shoot down any idea (utilising NZTA's legion of new hires by Labour in the last 6 years) to investigate options for better transport. So desperate are they (like dobby41) to cover up the total mess made by their hero Clueless Cindy of NZ that they cannot see the tunnel for the earth anymore!

https://www.thepost.co.nz/nz-news/350246199/we-get-our-city-back-expert-welcomes-wellington-tunnel-idea

Transport expert Greg Pollock, who is the former head of Metlink and Transdev, said the long tunnel seemed like a “great idea” and he was pleased to see the Government looking into it.

Diverting the traffic around the edge of the city would make it a nicer place to live without congestion. “We get our city back, hats off to the Government,” Pollock said.

Panda-NZ-
19-04-2024, 08:40 AM
And that is all that matters at the end of the day (not what the polls said leading up).

National actually ruled out winston , so he listened to them.

Daytr
19-04-2024, 08:41 AM
How quick the woke leftist losers (who kept quiet about the wasted $228m spent on Auckland's Light Rail and $76m on Auckland's bike bridge to nowhere) are to shoot down any idea (utilising NZTA's legion of new hires by Labour in the last 6 years) to investigate options for better transport. So desperate are they (like dobby41) to cover up the total mess made by their hero Clueless Cindy of NZ that they cannot see the tunnel for the earth anymore!

https://www.thepost.co.nz/nz-news/350246199/we-get-our-city-back-expert-welcomes-wellington-tunnel-idea

Transport expert Greg Pollock, who is the former head of Metlink and Transdev, said the long tunnel seemed like a “great idea” and he was pleased to see the Government looking into it.

Diverting the traffic around the edge of the city would make it a nicer place to live without congestion. “We get our city back, hats off to the Government,” Pollock said.

Yep fair enough, accept for the first bit of your post you just made up. If you tone down the wide sweeping insults your posts might actually gain some respect. I know like the scorpion it's in your nature, but perhaps just ask yourself, am I repeating over & over what's constantly whirring around in my head...

Anyway it was NZTA that recommended the Government look into the tunnel, so they obviously think it's worth considering.

Balance
19-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Meanwhile, still plenty of squealing, whinging, chest beating and cries of contrived outrage by Labour, their collusive communist mates in the CTU and various woke leftists (especially in the MSM) about the job cuts in government departments and agencies.

But zero scrutiny about how Labour added 16,000 more civil servants to make everything worse for NZ in the last 6 years!

Here's an excellent opinion piece on why the 16,000 more civil servants made things worse for NZ and why there needs to be even deeper cuts than what have been made so far.

Basically, plenty of governments departments and jobs created to duplicate existing government departments and jobs in the name of diversity, equity and inclusion - especially to incorporate the Treaty & minority groups.*

https://thebfd.co.nz/2024/04/18/the-wellbeing-budget-that-wasnt/

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion might better be described as Divide, Exclude and Inflame religious and community tensions.

Lack of funding wasn’t a consideration for the previous Labour Government and the new coalition Government hasn’t yet got its head around the unknown number of bull**** departments established during the Ardern-Hipkins regime, still soaking up government funding. They aren’t going to raise their heads above the parapet and shout “Pick me!” during the government’s current cost cutting process, nor are they going to voluntarily become accountable.

How spending decisions were made in the Ardern/Hipkins/Robertson Labour government :

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1682845027373-DZ4QJ7JKAFVRS3X4OICX/hard+decisions.jpg?format=500w

* Read the job advert in the article above and weep for NZ. Then, get ready to move to Australia if you are a young university graduate with the world ahead of you. Don't waste time in NZ - it's a lost cause.

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 09:12 AM

Aye, you say true. A blunder for sure.

This is why it is usually silly to rule parties in and out in a MMP environment.

RTM
19-04-2024, 11:14 AM

Good post.

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 11:22 AM

Didn’t Seymour rule Winnie out too in the last election?

LOL.

You can rule out whoever you like to talk tough during the campaign, but under MMP that is all just noise when the votes are counted and the realities of doing deals to form a govt come into play.

At that point the public hope egos are put aside for the greater good of the nation.

RTM
19-04-2024, 11:28 AM
Didn’t Seymour rule Winnie out too in the last election?

LOL.

You can rule out whoever you like to talk tough during the campaign, but under MMP that is all just noise when the votes are counted and the realities of doing deals to form a govt come into play.

At that point the public hope egos are put aside for the greater good of the nation.

But maybe if Luxon had ruled out NZ First, that would have finished them off ?

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 11:46 AM
But maybe if Luxon had ruled out NZ First, that would have finished them off ?

No I don’t think so.

Winnie had a lot of momentum on his comeback tour.

He was able to spin it how he is the Steady Hand we need in govt because just look at how nutty Labour got when Winnie wasn’t around.

He is a wily old fox.

Panda-NZ-
19-04-2024, 11:52 AM

Ie, break an election promise so the right people can get in. ;)

Balance
19-04-2024, 12:04 PM
No I don’t think so.

Winnie had a lot of momentum on his comeback tour.

He was able to spin it how he is the Steady Hand we need in govt because just look at how nutty Labour got when Winnie wasn’t around.

He is a wily old fox.

And much as I dislike his politics, I believe he is the right politician (being a Maori) at this time to put the racist divisive Maori elitist politicians in their place. His put down of the Maori Party clowns at every occasion is a master class display of understated bang on insults, leaving them squirming with no face & place to hide. Well, guess they can always hide behind their tattoos. :t_up:

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Ie, break an election promise so the right people can get in. ;)

This is why it is silly imo when anyone rules people out in a MMP envronment.

Because when the votes are counted, of course everyone is going to try to do a deal.

It is a big risk to rule anyone out (especially Winnie). You have to be certain that ruling the person out crash their voter base.

And you can't be sure of that, so don't do it or else you have to backtrack and end up just gifting political opponents and media something to criticise you over.

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 03:16 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/514718/luxon-waitangi-tribunal-comments-from-coalition-parties-ill-considered

I do find that Luxon babbles a lot, and repeats a carefully constructed script when he is under pressure.

He needs to get more media training I think to become more slick at answering questions.

You just wouldn't see more experienced politicians like Winnie babble and carry on like that.

fungus pudding
19-04-2024, 06:37 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/514718/luxon-waitangi-tribunal-comments-from-coalition-parties-ill-considered

I do find that Luxon babbles a lot, and repeats a carefully constructed script when he is under pressure.

He needs to get more media training I think to become more slick at answering questions.

You just wouldn't see more experienced politicians like Winnie babble and carry on like that.

How do you know what Winnie is saying? He mumbles and runs his words together and does it all far too fast.

Balance
19-04-2024, 07:18 PM

I am very very glad that NZers elected NZF & ACT to stiffen National’s spine to tackle the woke divisive & destructive policies of the left. Luxon lacks a spine and is trying to be a pleasant PM - the time for that is long over after 6 years of Ardern, Hipkins and the Maori cabal.

Give him hell, Seymour & Peters. Fxxk woke and fxxk race politics.

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 07:32 PM
I am very very glad that NZers elected NZF & ACT to stiffen National’s spine to tackle the woke divisive & destructive policies of the left. Luxon lacks a spine and is trying to be a pleasant PM - the time for that is long over after 6 years of Ardern, Hipkins and the Maori cabal.

Agree that Luxon does come across as spineless. Far too soft.

I do giggle when he tries to tell the media he is going to give Winnie and Seymour a telling off.

We need a Gunslinger, do it please ya.

westerly
19-04-2024, 07:38 PM

I do giggle when he tries to tell the media he is going to give Winnie and Seymour a telling off.

For you and Barmy Balance definitely.

westerly

mistaTea
19-04-2024, 07:54 PM
For you and Barmy Balance definitely.

westerly

Now, now.

None of that.

Balance
20-04-2024, 11:11 AM

Luxon simply does not get the fact that the majority of NZers have had enough of the racist, social and economic divisive policies of the last 6 years. They want a strong leader who will lead and break NZ out of the downward spiral towards 2nd world status, not another middle of the road 'steady as she goes into the ditch' government.

Here's an idea of the huge task ahead for NZ to turn around the slide towards 2nd world status :

https://lindsaymitchell.blogspot.com/

"Of all the babies born in 2023, 20.2 percent were on a benefit by the end of December. For Maori babies the percentage rises to 34.3%. 72% of last year’s welfare babies had caregivers on the Sole Parent Support benefit and in jobless households.

The collapse of the stable two-parent family – particularly for Maori whereby last year 82.5 percent of babies were born to unmarried parents – has had a dramatic effect here and around the western world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the blue line and the answer is so clear as to why NZ is becoming a nation which breeds parasites, beneficiaries & losers :

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjluRaRTeLqDlXhiG2wZnJMQt7yRky7ufNR7QEhYlPykX 4j2C9YdMoF_oecGmi8BgGXcmjC6OULtHd_7fEb_kT1rjtv0sEG 2GDH6NawNuT9qWFDn1qmEFyoBHICB-cA640qD4c_J-QWxYAQKMBdN3w4Rj5rg-uayabF0kS6CWYreRO1RGMIGuN_/w369-h271/Babies%20and%20benefits%20graph.png

ynot
20-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Luxon simply does not get the fact that the majority of NZers have had enough of the racist, social and economic divisive policies of the last 6 years. They want a strong leader who will lead and break NZ out of the downward spiral towards 2nd world status, not another middle of the road 'steady as she goes into the ditch' government.

Here's an idea of the huge task ahead for NZ to turn around the slide towards 2nd world status :

https://lindsaymitchell.blogspot.com/

"Of all the babies born in 2023, 20.2 percent were on a benefit by the end of December. For Maori babies the percentage rises to 34.3%. 72% of last year’s welfare babies had caregivers on the Sole Parent Support benefit and in jobless households.

The collapse of the stable two-parent family – particularly for Maori whereby last year 82.5 percent of babies were born to unmarried parents – has had a dramatic effect here and around the western world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the blue line and the answer is so clear as to why NZ is becoming a nation which breeds parasites, beneficiaries & losers :

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjluRaRTeLqDlXhiG2wZnJMQt7yRky7ufNR7QEhYlPykX 4j2C9YdMoF_oecGmi8BgGXcmjC6OULtHd_7fEb_kT1rjtv0sEG 2GDH6NawNuT9qWFDn1qmEFyoBHICB-cA640qD4c_J-QWxYAQKMBdN3w4Rj5rg-uayabF0kS6CWYreRO1RGMIGuN_/w369-h271/Babies%20and%20benefits%20graph.png

When the state takes over total control of the parent, it's a slam dunk for the left regime. Objective achieved. They baked the cake but they cant eat it...yet.

Balance
21-04-2024, 10:45 AM
More on the staff cuts - this time at the Ministry of Education.

"In 2022, the Curriculum Centre at the Education Ministry employed 308 staff, according to an Official Information Request. This past week it was announced 202 were being laid-off."

So how can so many staff be laid off from from one department in the MoE?

Well, read on and you will realise that the 308 staff were basically stuffing around, doing bugger all and they not only cost an estimated $100m to do the fxxk all, they were actually busy undermining the education system in NZ.

https://www.downtoearth.kiwi/post/have-308-people-in-the-ministry-of-education-s-curriculum-development-team-spent-over-100m-on-a-6

Remember that Hapless Hipkins was the minister in charge from 2017 to 2023 before the useless & deceitful Tinetti took over.

And that's with the collusion of Hipkins' mother, no less!

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1662067401463-L5WK2YVGXI4SFPOI3IZR/truancy.jpg?format=500w

Getty
21-04-2024, 12:48 PM
So there it was on Q & A this morning.

An unashamed address from the head boy and girl of Manurewa college, directed at David Seymour (NZ taxpayers) that he was out of touch by being in Epsom, and did not understand why school lunches should still be provided by taxpayers.

Will those head students now make a media statement directed at parents who definitely don't watch Q&A, reminding them of their obligations to feed their children, and prepare them properly for school?

Or would that be un PC?

Is it a case of We breed, You feed us?

Attarower sinking further into the mire eh?

Joshuatree
21-04-2024, 03:13 PM
I think you maybe so out of touch yourself.Now more than ever many many parents are struggling especially after paying the rent or even mortgage.For ex a working solo dad told me a few days ago about the struggle to pay his bills ,his landlord has refused to consider his situation, put the rent up and he is on near min payrates.

mistaTea
21-04-2024, 03:33 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/514834/government-announces-lending-changes

Amen!!!!

thegreatestben
21-04-2024, 03:53 PM
Yes this can only be better than the current situation.

mistaTea
21-04-2024, 04:23 PM
Really big unintended consequences of CCCFA.

Very typical Labour.

Balance
21-04-2024, 04:25 PM
Really big unintended consequences of CCCFA.

Very typical Labour.

None of the Labour ministers has business or real commercial experience - just a lot of academic BS or at best, Clueless Cindy’s fish & chips ‘experience’.

Joshuatree
21-04-2024, 05:26 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/514834/government-announces-lending-changes

Amen!!!!
Sounds good,open to any rebuttal and what was it brought in to protect in the first place?

Daytr
21-04-2024, 05:31 PM

Amen!!!!

Proof will be in the pudding, but yes well overdue. Hopefully it has the correct consequences unlike the Labour poorly executed policy.

mistaTea
21-04-2024, 05:37 PM
Sounds good,open to any rebuttal and what was it brought in to protect in the first place?

It came about because of pay day lenders and other predatory outfits.

But rather than bring in some new rules to target the unscrupulous lenders who got desperate consumers into a debt trap, they hit the nuclear button and made lending incredibly difficult.

Nanny State rules whereby all lenders (including tier 1 and tier 2 lenders….so the banks and even the likes of UDC FINANCE, GE Money) have to scrutinise every line item of your spending as part of the lending process.

Big fines if any ‘unreasonable’ loans given - not only to the company but exec managers individually. So they (the banks etc) took a conservative line when updating processes to accomodate CCCFA.

Even though banks were already lending responsibly and the problem was with smaller loan sharks, the CCCFA applied to all and was just way over the top.

Incredibly invasive, and has caused huge delays in processing loans as well as meant a lot of people who should reasonably qualify for a loan are now declined.

Very bad legislation.

I was shocked when I worked on one of the projects for a finance company at the time and realised the changes we had to make. I thought the Project Manager was taking the p1ss at first.

Getty
21-04-2024, 06:07 PM
I think you maybe so out of touch yourself.Now more than ever many many parents are struggling especially after paying the rent or even mortgage.For ex a working solo dad told me a few days ago about the struggle to pay his bills ,his landlord has refused to consider his situation, put the rent up and he is on near min payrates.
Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?

21-04-2024, 06:18 PM
You forgot the queues for Lotto.

mistaTea
21-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?

Yeah nobody ever wants to talk about the bad decisions people make with the money they do have which makes their hard situation infinitely harder.

Not allowed to talk about personal responsibility or you are out of touch or racist.

There are very few people in this country who literally don’t have enough money for the basics.

Plenty of people crying poverty and have an easy avenue with our left wing media…but a lot of those people always seem to have plenty of money for a things takeaways, ciggies, weed, booze.

I have people in my own family who are broke, whinging about how tough life is…yet they never admit they the crap they waste their money on has been the biggest determinant of their current life situation.

We are expected to believe they everyone who is broke is a victim you see. And the plan to help these ‘victims’ is to drag everyone else down to to further subsidise their choices.

Balance
21-04-2024, 08:04 PM
Yeah nobody ever wants to talk about the bad decisions people make with the money they do have which makes their hard situation infinitely harder.

Not allowed to talk about personal responsibility or you are out of touch or racist.

There are very few people in this country who literally don’t have enough money for the basics.

Plenty of people crying poverty and have an easy avenue with our left wing media…but a lot of those people always seem to have plenty of money for a things takeaways, ciggies, weed, booze.

I have people in my own family who are broke, whinging about how tough life is…yet they never admit they the crap they waste their money on has been the biggest determinant of their current life situation.

We are expected to believe they everyone who is broke is a victim you see. And the plan to help these ‘victims’ is to drag everyone else down to to further subsidise their choices.

Victims especially when they are BROWN, according to the brown elites and the woke leftists who cry victimisation and discrimination at anyone and anything remotely criticising said victims for their behaviour.

If they are sick, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with their lifestyle.

If they are poor, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with having umpteen number of children with umpteen number of absconding fathers.

And so on and so forth.

mistaTea
21-04-2024, 08:25 PM
Victims especially when they are BROWN, according to the brown elites and the woke leftists who cry victimisation and discrimination at anyone and anything remotely criticising said victims for their behaviour.

If they are sick, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with their lifestyle.

If they are poor, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with having umpteen number of children with umpteen number of absconding fathers.

And so on and so forth.

Yes, all very sad…and all very true.

Bjauck
21-04-2024, 10:23 PM

NZ definitely needs more financial literacy and budgeting education. It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.

iceman
22-04-2024, 01:16 AM
So there it was on Q & A this morning.

An unashamed address from the head boy and girl of Manurewa college, directed at David Seymour (NZ taxpayers) that he was out of touch by being in Epsom, and did not understand why school lunches should still be provided by taxpayers.

Will those head students now make a media statement directed at parents who definitely don't watch Q&A, reminding them of their obligations to feed their children, and prepare them properly for school?

Or would that be un PC?

Is it a case of We breed, You feed us?

Attarower sinking further into the mire eh?

But there is hope for you Getty. You could go to a course like they are advertising here at the Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology to get some "accurate" information about the Tiriti and "help you reflect on your place in this discussion"

Getty
22-04-2024, 06:18 AM
I beg redemption.

If Labour Greens were still in government, I'd have been rounded up by now, and sent to reunification camp!

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 06:37 AM
. It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.

So long as the taxpayer isn’t expected to pay for all of that then yes, agreed.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 07:22 AM
NZ definitely needs more financial literacy and budgeting education. It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.

So long as the taxpayer isn’t expected to pay for all of that then yes, agreed. Are you suggesting that Landlords should stop getting accommodation supplements, education should not be funded, and the police disbanded?

Balance
22-04-2024, 08:40 AM
Pathetic effort by Labour Opposition led by Hapless Hipkins & the Maori cabal to try & tar the government over regulatory imperatives to lift NZ’s economic performance with favouring donors.

The very same Labour Party which receives donations from the trade unions and pass legislations to favour them to retard NZ’s economic performance. That’s how pathetically hypocritical and immoral the Labour Party is.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/514859/at-least-two-businesses-invited-to-apply-for-fast-track-consents-have-donated-to-national-says-labour

dln
22-04-2024, 08:40 AM
Just the first one, then the other two will be fine.

fungus pudding
22-04-2024, 08:52 AM
Just the first one, then the other two will be fine.

Does that apply to some previous post - or is it a new type of guessing game?

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Are you suggesting that Landlords should stop getting accommodation supplements, education should not be funded, and the police disbanded?

Monday morning and we are already being a silly sausage I see? Shame man.

Parents need to get their kids to school after the parents have nurtured them at home (which includes getting the kids to bed at a reasonable time and then ensuring they have some breakfast in the morning, and take food with them for lunch).

The default should not be that taxpayers must step in and be the parents.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 09:28 AM
Monday morning and we are already being a silly sausage I see? Shame man.

Parents need to get their kids to school after the parents have nurtured them at home (which includes getting the kids to bed at a reasonable time and then ensuring they have some breakfast in the morning, and take food with them for lunch).

The default should not be that taxpayers must step in and be the parents. Unfortunately not every family is the Brady Bunch. Any type of sausage could be good! Landlord subsidy is ok then? Even though good tenants will soon be able to be evicted with no cause. So families with established routines could be forced to move on.

Funding for education is OK? Even though empty bellies could make teaching for all difficult. How about the subsidised breakfast club schemes?

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 09:33 AM
Pathetic effort by Labour Opposition led by Hapless Hipkins & the Maori cabal to try & tar the government over regulatory imperatives to lift NZ’s economic performance with favouring donors.

The very same Labour Party which receives donations from the trade unions and pass legislations to favour them to retard NZ’s economic performance. That’s how pathetically hypocritical and immoral the Labour Party is.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/514859/at-least-two-businesses-invited-to-apply-for-fast-track-consents-have-donated-to-national-says-labour British government ministers got into trouble over jobs for mates with respect to fast tracking with ministerial discretion over purchasing of covid supplies.

The Infrastructure emergency that has built up needs a speedy response but with checks to make sure contracts awarded are above board.

Balance
22-04-2024, 09:41 AM
British government ministers got into trouble over jobs for mates with respect to fast tracking with ministerial discretion over purchasing of covid supplies.

The Infrastructure emergency that has built up needs a speedy response but with checks to make sure contracts awarded are above board.

Agreed.

Just pointing out the utter hypocrisy of the Labour Party.

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately not every family is the Brady Bunch. Any type of sausage could be good! Landlord subsidy is ok then? Even though good tenants will soon be able to be evicted with no cause. So families with established routines could be forced to move on.

Funding for education is OK? Even though empty bellies could make teaching for all difficult. How about the subsidised breakfast club schemes?

Yes we know you are positive that the sky is going to fall because interest deductibility is being restored. If deducting interest as an expense is evil then it should be banned for all. Not fair that I can borrow money to buy shares and deduct the interest from my income yet a landlord cannot.

We have a school lunch program of sorts that needs to be trimmed back.

Nobody wants hungry kids at school, but there is a legitimate question around how much the state should be on the hook for feeding kids. Especially when a lot of these kids could have enough food but their parents prefer to spend the money on self-gratification.

We tried your communist model for 6 years. It failed to meet the proposed objectives and has put us in a tricky spot. How many iterations of this do we need to go through before we understand that communism/socialism just does not work.

Getty
22-04-2024, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately not every family is the Brady Bunch. Any type of sausage could be good! Landlord subsidy is ok then? Even though good tenants will soon be able to be evicted with no cause. So families with established routines could be forced to move on.

Which LL evicts good tenants for no cause?

Good folk fear not.

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 10:24 AM

Good folk fear not.

Yes the idea that LL's are now just going to kick people out onto the street is nuts. Just fearmongering by BJ as he continues to try to make a storm in a teacup.

Life will go on much as it always has after this change.

And if there are any landlords who decide they don't want to rent the property out all they need to do is give a very reasonable 3 months notice. They certainly do not need to explain their actions to BJ, or anyone for that matter.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 10:46 AM
Yes we know you are positive that the sky is going to fall because interest deductibility is being restored. If deducting interest as an expense is evil then it should be banned for all. Not fair that I can borrow money to buy shares and deduct the interest from my income yet a landlord cannot.

We have a school lunch program of sorts that needs to be trimmed back.

Nobody wants hungry kids at school, but there is a legitimate question around how much the state should be on the hook for feeding kids. Especially when a lot of these kids could have enough food but their parents prefer to spend the money on self-gratification.

We tried your communist model for 6 years. It failed to meet the proposed objectives and has put us in a tricky spot. How many iterations of this do we need to go through before we understand that communism/socialism just does not work. Good luck getting a loan from the bank to borrow money to buy shares, on the security of the shares themselves.

I guess it depends on how far you want the kids to suffer for the failings and/or circumstances of their parents.

It was the previously mentioned accommodation supplement to which I was referring. Certainly interest deductibility for new builds would be good. Some state assistance is good? How do you define communism?

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 10:50 AM
Yes the idea that LL's are now just going to kick people out onto the street is nuts. Just fearmongering by BJ as he continues to try to make a storm in a teacup.

Life will go on much as it always has after this change.

And if there are any landlords who decide they don't want to rent the property out all they need to do is give a very reasonable 3 months notice. They certainly do not need to explain their actions to BJ, or anyone for that matter.
So what is the point of introducing the ability to have no cause evictions, if it will not be used?

Baa_Baa
22-04-2024, 10:53 AM
Good luck getting a loan from the bank to borrow money to buy shares, on the security of the shares themselves.

It's called 'margin lending', easy peasy. For example ASB Securities (ASB Bank) offer lending on a swag of shares, most between 50% to 70% of the value of the shares held, with the shares being the backing security.

iceman
22-04-2024, 11:07 AM
So what is the point of introducing the ability to have no cause evictions, if it will not be used?

It gives LL's a bit more confidence when selecting tenants that if they get it wrong and the tenants turn out to be bad tenants that show no respect for your property, you can get rid of them. Currently this is not the case and it stops lots of potential tenants being selected, even though they may well be totally good tenants. One just can not take risks with one's properties. The result is a huge increase in people on emergency housing waiting lists, sleeping in cars or motels. This rule change is one piece of many in the puzzle to get people into decent housing in NZ.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 01:09 PM
It gives LL's a bit more confidence when selecting tenants that if they get it wrong and the tenants turn out to be bad tenants that show no respect for your property, you can get rid of them. Currently this is not the case and it stops lots of potential tenants being selected, even though they may well be totally good tenants. One just can not take risks with one's properties. The result is a huge increase in people on emergency housing waiting lists, sleeping in cars or motels. This rule change is one piece of many in the puzzle to get people into decent housing in NZ.
If tenants turn out to bad, doesn’t the current legislation allow the tenancy to be ended if there is serious damage, three weeks non-payment of rent, or if a 14 day notice to remedy a breach has passed? I have no experience but In your experience does the tribunal make in difficult for landlords to seek redress? What is the process to appoint tribunal adjudicators (is it open to political interference)?

I certainly agree that with the high investment value wrapped up in a residential property, I would be protective of it, if I were an owner. How do you think we should cope with chronically indigent tenants. They would become a social issue, one way or another.

The need to build more housing to relieve overcrowding and cope with the growing population is an ongoing issue.

causecelebre
22-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Thats the thing isn't it. The pearl clutchers will tell you the landlord is mean and morally corrupt. The reality is we are running a business, not obliged to provide a house to anyone. In any other business its the owners prerogative to choose which customers they deal with and if said customers cause more trouble than its worth you stop trading with them: You are under no obligation to "help" a customer (though often its good business practice - but thats a different conversation)

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 01:26 PM
Thats the thing isn't it. The pearl clutchers will tell you the landlord is mean and morally corrupt. The reality is we are running a business, not obliged to provide a house to anyone. In any other business its the owners prerogative to choose which customers they deal with and if said customers cause more trouble than its worth you stop trading with them: You are under no obligation to "help" a customer (though often its good business practice - but thats a different conversation)

Yes, BJ and his good moral mates are the same crowd who inflicted CCCFA on us.

I rest my case.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 02:07 PM
Thats the thing isn't it. The pearl clutchers will tell you the landlord is mean and morally corrupt. The reality is we are running a business, not obliged to provide a house to anyone. In any other business its the owners prerogative to choose which customers they deal with and if said customers cause more trouble than its worth you stop trading with them: You are under no obligation to "help" a customer (though often its good business practice - but thats a different conversation) I love the turn of phrase some of you posters use to put down those with whom you disagree!

Each business type has particular rules and regulations. If you don’t like them, invest your equity elsewhere. For some, supplying ball bearings would be a better fit rather than supplying homes.

Panda-NZ-
22-04-2024, 02:11 PM

All these salt of the earth business owners.

Oh wait its not a business and it takes 10% of the effort with 0% of the tax.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 02:17 PM
It's called 'margin lending', easy peasy. For example ASB Securities (ASB Bank) offer lending on a swag of shares, most between 50% to 70% of the value of the shares held, with the shares being the backing security.
Last time I read about margin lending, the interest rate was double a mortgage rate, and the facility limit could be changed quite dynamically.

Baa_Baa
22-04-2024, 02:40 PM
Last time I read about margin lending, the interest rate was double a mortgage rate, and the facility limit could be changed quite dynamically.

You started by saying "Good luck getting a loan from the bank to borrow money to buy shares, on the security of the shares themselves."

You don't acknowledge that you are incorrect. Instead you double down implying that margin lending has risks, of course it does, all borrowing does, and which are all fully disclosed in the public domain!

Then you say the margin lending rates are "double" mortgage lending rates. Incorrect, the margin lending rate from ASB is 9.35% which is not double most mortgage rates, and is considerably less than most personal loan interest rates, or business borrowing interest rates.

thegreatestben
22-04-2024, 03:08 PM

Here you go Panda, as you can see I'm really raking it in as a landlord. Good thing I didn't have to work hard to be in a position to develop some new build rentals and didn't provide work for tax generating trades and services along the way. I guess since I'm basically a charity I should pay tax either way!

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 03:43 PM
You started by saying "Good luck getting a loan from the bank to borrow money to buy shares, on the security of the shares themselves."

You don't acknowledge that you are incorrect. Instead you double down implying that margin lending has risks, of course it does, all borrowing does, and which are all fully disclosed in the public domain!

Then you say the margin lending rates are "double" mortgage lending rates. Incorrect, the margin lending rate from ASB is 9.35% which is not double most mortgage rates, and is considerably less than most personal loan interest rates, or business borrowing interest rates. As I said, good luck with getting a loan. Even better luck perhaps needed with margin lending through their online trading platforms. Have you had experience of the ASB margin lending facility?

causecelebre
22-04-2024, 03:44 PM

Don't hate the players, hate the game

Oh wait and 100% of the risk

dobby41
22-04-2024, 03:45 PM
It came about because of pay day lenders and other predatory outfits.

But rather than bring in some new rules to target the unscrupulous lenders who got desperate consumers into a debt trap, they hit the nuclear button and made lending incredibly difficult.

I agree that the rules went a bit far with mainstream banks but this was addressed (a bit) later.
So the Coalition of Chaos 'fixes' it by throwing it all out?
How will the changes address the primary target - the unscrupulous lenders who don't care if you can't afford the horrendous interest rates and haven't a clue that that is the case?

dobby41
22-04-2024, 03:49 PM

Good folk fear not.

Depends on your definition of good.
Many LLs will evict if the tenant raises issues with the quality of the house (ie doesn't meet the minimum standard) or want something fixed.
They are standing up for their rights rather than 'bad'.
This has a chilling effect.

dobby41
22-04-2024, 03:53 PM
Here you go Panda, as you can see I'm really raking it in as a landlord. Good thing I didn't have to work hard to be in a position to develop some new build rentals and didn't provide work for tax generating trades and services along the way. I guess since I'm basically a charity I should pay tax either way!

So you're happy with the losses because you want to house someone?
Doubt it - you're looking for tax-free capital gain.

Baa_Baa
22-04-2024, 03:55 PM
As I said, good luck with getting a loan. Even better luck perhaps needed with margin lending through their online trading platforms. Have you had experience of the ASB margin lending facility?

Good grief, margin lending IS a loan, secured by the equities owned. And I've shown that it is readily accessible and less than mortgages, personal, or business interest rates.

dobby41
22-04-2024, 03:55 PM
If tenants turn out to bad, doesn’t the current legislation allow the tenancy to be ended if there is serious damage, three weeks non-payment of rent, or if a 14 day notice to remedy a breach has passed? I have no experience but In your experience does the tribunal make in difficult for landlords to seek redress? What is the process to appoint tribunal adjudicators (is it open to political interference)?

I certainly agree that with the high investment value wrapped up in a residential property, I would be protective of it, if I were an owner. How do you think we should cope with chronically indigent tenants. They would become a social issue, one way or another.

The need to build more housing to relieve overcrowding and cope with the growing population is an ongoing issue.
It is possible to get rid of 'bad' tenants now!
Yes we need more affordable housing - that is the issue, not more landlords or rental housing.

thegreatestben
22-04-2024, 04:21 PM
So you're happy with the losses because you want to house someone?
Doubt it - you're looking for tax-free capital gain.

I am not at all happy with the losses! This year is probably going to put me backwards about $50k with my interest rate now 6.95 where the entire 23/24 year it was 4.99%
I'd actually be pretty stoked to make a profit from the rent and never sell. If I could have great quality tenants that I can provide high quality reliable housing for, ideally they would be on their journey to home ownership or perhaps they aren't permanent residents so they can't buy.

At the end of the day I'd also pay a tax but at this rate I never will because tax is on profit and we've got it so wrong that I might never make one. I think the bank is the only one winning.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 04:31 PM
Good grief, margin lending IS a loan, secured by the equities owned. And I've shown that it is readily accessible and less than mortgages, personal, or business interest rates.
18 month term mortgage from ASB currently is 6.89%. What is the current interest rate for an 18 month term margin lending loan?

thegreatestben
22-04-2024, 04:44 PM
It is possible to get rid of 'bad' tenants now!
Yes we need more affordable housing - that is the issue, not more landlords or rental housing.

Dobby you must realise that not everyone who doesn't own their own home is someone who is missing out right?
There's always a need for rental accomodation for a variety of reasons, by vilifying private landlords all it's done is make things worse.

I agree that making EXCESSIVE profits (taxed or not) is immoral. Funnily enough nobody is saying we should get rid of supermarkets.
If any intervention should come from central government it should incentivise people to invest elsewhere rather than turn off the tap.

Also what the chart doesn't show is the type/quality of housing owned. Homes are shrinking in size, both in floor and land area.
Too much focus on runs on the board, not enough focus on QUALITY outcomes.

dobby41
22-04-2024, 04:57 PM
Dobby you must realise that not everyone who doesn't own their own home is someone who is missing out right?
There's always a need for rental accomodation for a variety of reasons, by vilifying private landlords all it's done is make things worse.

I agree that there will always be a need for rental accommodation for various reasons but the solution to the housing problem isn't making more rental housing available - it is making more housing available.
Most rental housing is just rearranged existing houses (rearranged ownership) rather than increasing the supply of houses. Therefore renters who could get a house are often outbid by the landlords.

thegreatestben
22-04-2024, 05:29 PM
I agree that there will always be a need for rental accommodation for various reasons but the solution to the housing problem isn't making more rental housing available - it is making more housing available.
Most rental housing is just rearranged existing houses (rearranged ownership) rather than increasing the supply of houses. Therefore renters who could get a house are often outbid by the landlords.

Yup sure but again landlords aren't to blame. Focussing on supply would solve the issue, unfortunately there's too much focus on who should be buying them. Just flood the market with supply but they better make sure the long term outcomes of the type of housing being built doesn't just create the next crisis.

My prediction is - Turns out 1 & 2 bedroom <60sqm townhouses are **** for social outcomes, also especially when they are built shoddily.

Bjauck
22-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Yup sure but again landlords aren't to blame. Focussing on supply would solve the issue, unfortunately there's too much focus on who should be buying them. Just flood the market with supply but they better make sure the long term outcomes of the type of housing being built doesn't just create the next crisis.

My prediction is - Turns out 1 & 2 bedroom <60sqm townhouses are **** for social outcomes, also especially when they are built shoddily. We need a mix of housing. Many if not most of the houses being built in SE Auckland are 4 or 3 bed houses. Big houses on small sections with narrow roads and no laneways. Some 2 bed terraces being built as well now on the main roads.

dobby41
22-04-2024, 05:41 PM

Be my guest - flood the market because no one else is.

I agree that landlords aren't to blame but they aren't the solution either (unless the build new).

causecelebre
22-04-2024, 05:46 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. However, we live in a entrepreneurial world and until the risks and costs of owning land and property outweigh the potential yield and capital gain (risk/reward) then as entrepreneurs we will figure its a good investment. We also invest when the odds are in our favour and with the rules in nz improving those odds you would be mad not to, personal morality notwithstanding. We can and should be good landlords as thats generally good business, and being a good person

thegreatestben
22-04-2024, 06:16 PM

I agree that landlords aren't to blame but they aren't the solution either (unless the build new).

I did build new, I also preserved the old house by relocating it on site, an 80 year old statehouse which I happily occupy and is in my opinion a superior house to the new ones I had built.

My point is you are going around making huge generalisations and you should probably think about what you are saying a bit more.

Private landlords can contribute to fixing problems - Kainga Ora isn't a shining beacon of a compliant high performing landlord/developer.
I've essentially done a built to rent development but I don't qualify for that officially as I've only built 2 homes and I think the minimum is 15 units? If more unofficial BTR developers like me were adding to supply of new build quality rentals it only makes lower quality older houses less and less valuable as rental stock.

I could go on and on with ways to pick apart your argument but I'm probably wasting my time.

mistaTea
22-04-2024, 06:41 PM
I did build new, I also preserved the old house by relocating it on site, an 80 year old statehouse which I happily occupy and is in my opinion a superior house to the new ones I had built.

My point is you are going around making huge generalisations and you should probably think about what you are saying a bit more.

All dees broke niggaz on here with no experience talkin’ bout how dey goin fix da housing market.

LOLLLLL!!!!

Balance
22-04-2024, 08:07 PM

Your heroine Cindy was going to flood the market by building 100,000 Kiwibuild homes, remember? And Kainga Ora added 200% more staff by the thousands & spent billions of dollars (debt up by over $10 billion) towards that utopia.

What happened?

Baa_Baa
22-04-2024, 08:30 PM
Your heroine Cindy was going to flood the market by building 100,000 Kiwibuild homes, remember? And Kainga Ora added 200% more staff by the thousands & spent billions of dollars (debt up by over $10 billion) towards that utopia.

What happened?

FarQ'all really, except they used their government money advantage to dominate the property build sector and force out the private developers and builders! Talk to the property developers who were screwed by KO, buying property, developing property. It hasn't stopped, yet, the pain for the private sector continues. KO is a travesty, a blight on NZ kiwi homes property development, pitting themselves and big government money against the private sector who actually can build and develop property.

iceman
23-04-2024, 09:05 AM

I have zero experience with the tribunal and doubt I ever will. So can’t answer your question about it

dobby41
23-04-2024, 10:16 AM

What happened?

What happened - it was a failed policy and was always going to fail (I have said this many times before but you don't listen because it doesn't fit the narrative you have for me).

No idea what the Coalition of Chaos is going to do about it.

Balance
23-04-2024, 10:22 AM
What happened - it was a failed policy and was always going to fail (I have said this many times before but you don't listen because it doesn't fit the narrative you have for me).

No idea what the Coalition of Chaos is going to do about it.

Always going to fail? Refer us to one single post from you (just one) predating the reset where you posted that it was always going to fail.

Coalition of Chaos - most apt description indeed of Clueless Cindy, Maori Cabal, Greens and Hapless Hipkins.

"Most transparent government ever!"

"One source of truth!"

https://liberation.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d75d69e20240a486fdf1200d-800wi

dobby41
23-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Three Strikes - a failed policy before so why will it succeed this time?
Why are they trying to fool us into believing that it will reduce crime when it didn't before?
About time they got into some real policies and helped the average New Zealander (like cost of living - removal of fuel tax hasn't happened (Auckland only) and regos are about to go up (all of us)).

dobby41
23-04-2024, 11:22 AM
Always going to fail? Refer us to one single post from you (just one) predating the reset where you posted that it was always going to fail.

The liar wants me to search the threads?
You show me where I said it was a good policy - without making up a quote this time.

Balance
23-04-2024, 11:27 AM
The liar wants me to search the threads?
You show me where I said it was a good policy - without making up a quote this time.

Lol - Admirer of pathological liar Clueless Cindy (one source of truth) unable to point towards one single post where he wrote that Kiwibuild was always going to fail.

Next!

Balance
23-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Why are they trying to fool us into believing that it will reduce crime when it didn't before?
About time they got into some real policies and helped the average New Zealander (like cost of living - removal of fuel tax hasn't happened (Auckland only) and regos are about to go up (all of us)).

Good enough for the majority of NZers that recidivist offenders and criminals are kept away longer and reduce/eliminate the harm they cause to society. Victims’ rights are more important than criminals’.

Remember how Labour, Clueless Cindy & Kelvin Davis (in the name of kindness & racial equality) reduced prison population and released criminals to terrorise and harm law abiding NZers? A buffoon could have seen that but not so the likes of dobby41 who wholeheartedly supported Clueless Cindy & her BS.

Daytr
23-04-2024, 11:42 AM
Lol - Admirer of pathological liar Clueless Cindy (one source of truth) unable to point towards one single post where he wrote that Kiwibuild was always going to fail.

Next!

Fail on your part.

As Dobby41 says point to a post where they supported the policy. Just because someone doesn't post a negative, it doesn't imply a positive.

However virtually all your posts are negative and that just displays the grizzle guts that you are.

Balance
23-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Fail on your part.

As Dobby41 says point to a post where they supported the policy. Just because someone doesn't post a negative, it doesn't imply a positive.

However virtually all your posts are negative and that just displays the grizzle guts that you are.

And how right I am and have been - compare & contrast with the spin and BS put out by Clueless Cindy & her supporters.

100,000 Kiwibuild homes!

12,000 new houses BUILT by Labour!

Bringing affordable housing to NZers!

Most transparent government ever!

Daytr
23-04-2024, 12:54 PM
And how right I am and have been - compare & contrast with the spin and BS put out by Clueless Cindy & her supporters.

100,000 Kiwibuild homes!

12,000 new houses BUILT by Labour!

Bringing affordable housing to NZers!

Most transparent government ever!

Repeating it 1000 times doesn't make it more interesting, quite the opposite.
Get some new material!

Balance
23-04-2024, 01:10 PM
Repeating it 1000 times doesn't make it more interesting, quite the opposite.
Get some new material!

You mean like :

12,000 new houses built by Labour

Oops

12,000 new houses delivered by Labour

Oops

12,000 additional houses delivered by Labour?

New material but the same old Clueless Cindy spin and BS!

https://thebfd.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/veneers-1536x1109.jpg

Daytr
23-04-2024, 01:11 PM
Yawn!
Hovering over the ignore button at this rate.

Balance
23-04-2024, 01:17 PM
Yawn!
Hovering over the ignore button at this rate.

Please do so.

And quickly so you do not need to be embarrassed further by your pathetic attempts to spin like Cindy.

Daytr
23-04-2024, 01:48 PM
I don't think you understand how the ignore button works. 😂

dobby41
23-04-2024, 04:54 PM

Next!

You are the proven liar - next!

dobby41
23-04-2024, 04:59 PM
Good enough for the majority of NZers that recidivist offenders and criminals are kept away longer and reduce/eliminate the harm they cause to society. Victims’ rights are more important than criminals’.

But why try to tell us that it will REDUCE crime - it won't.
Evidence-based policies they said - the evidence here and around the world is that it doesn't work (but it will this time they say).

There is some merit that keeping them in prison longer means that they can't commit a crime - until they get out without any work having been done to change their behavior.

If they just want to lock people up for longer then make that the policy - not this fantasy.

Baa_Baa
23-04-2024, 05:12 PM
But why try to tell us that it [locking up the crims] will REDUCE crime - it won't.

Labour government 6-year experiment of significantly reducing the prison population proved that alternative sentences and letting the crims out of prison absolutely did INCREASE crime.

So what will work, to reduce crime in NZ?

dobby41
23-04-2024, 05:33 PM
Labour government 6-year experiment of significantly reducing the prison population proved that alternative sentences and letting the crims out of prison absolutely did INCREASE crime.

So what will work, to reduce crime in NZ?

Not for me to solve the issues (I don't have the research resources (or time)) but 3 strikes won't so maybe the Govt should spend their time working on something that will work.
I believe the problem isn't simple - so the solution won't be either.

Daytr
23-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Not for me to solve the issues (I don't have the research resources (or time)) but 3 strikes won't so maybe the Govt should spend their time working on something that will work.
I believe the problem isn't simple - so the solution won't be either.

Correct it isn't that simple.
501s definitely had an impact on serious crime through gangs in NZ.
Cost of living, some of that blame can be laid at Labour's feet also contributed.
However need to see serious crime & even the not so serious I.e theft etc need to be held accountable.

Implementation of the crack down on crime is key and 3 strikes rule requires nuance. Not just a blanket sentence.

Just filling prisons isn't the answer, let alone the cost to tax payers.

Joshuatree
23-04-2024, 06:45 PM

Correct it's a failed policy from the past,a bit like boot camps:)
This Cannibal Collective is treating NZ like an experiment, a ruthless business mentality,profit at all costs,complete uncaring for most kiwi's.

Baa_Baa
23-04-2024, 07:03 PM
Correct it's a failed policy from the past,a bit like boot camps:)
This Cannibal Collective is treating NZ like an experiment, a ruthless business mentality,profit at all costs,complete uncaring for most kiwi's.

The previous six years of failed policy experiments by labour speaks for itself, time for change and change is happening

Joshuatree
23-04-2024, 08:53 PM
The previous six years of failed policy experiments by labour speaks for itself, time for change and change is happening
The election is over baa.Youte still trotting out the National election spin"say it enough times and it must be true,"ehh:). I wouldn't want any one else to steer us through ,COVID, disasters ,and inflation,your memory is short.Show me some proof that three strikes has worked same with bootcamp.Its sadly just more tail wagging from the Cannibal Collective.Divided we will fall.

nztx
23-04-2024, 09:14 PM
The election is over baa.Youte still trotting out the National election spin"say it enough times and it must be true,"ehh:). I wouldn't want any one else to steer us through ,COVID, disasters ,and inflation,your memory is short.Show me some proof that three strikes has worked same with bootcamp.Its sadly just more tail wagging from the Cannibal Collective.Divided we will fall.

What ? .. no throwing knives at the previous lot of clueless incompetents over their chapters of idiocy .. which they only did for past six years to try and justify their existence in power and then not very well .. only limping from one Crisis to the next Crisis to try preserve their own relevance and keep eyes away from all they weren't doing or achieving ? ;)

Baa_Baa
23-04-2024, 09:52 PM

Firstly, I didn’t vote for National, so I parrot none of their slogans, and I don’t make up silly slogans like yourself ‘the coalition of chaos’. Grow up or stop posting when you’re on the gins or smoking the weed. That said I prefer to live in the present which I think is a welcome change from the past six years of utter and absolute failure by the labour government. What I would like to see is labour forming a coherent opposition, even with their allies, but nothing but crickets, they’re silent, powerless and having no influence whatsoever. It’s not a good look, Hipkins et all appear to be in disarray. The coalition must be their worst nightmare, the three centre right parties all got into government! And labour have no ammo, greens are hysterical on the sidelines and Māori party are shell shocked into silence. That’s the coup, the coalition are revoking six years of wasted policy and at pace, no wonder it’s uncomfortable for the left ideologies. Crying about it here ain’t going to make a blind bit of difference, the left has been conquered and an awkward at least 2.5 years of ridicule and disdain follows. Well deserved imo.

Joshuatree
24-04-2024, 12:13 AM
Shell shocked
You said it bro
This country is numb ATM with what's happening
This Cannibal Collective is doing just that cannibalising ,eating itself .Watch and learn.Chaos ahead with this nightmare,three headed monster.Sad what's befalling out country.

blackcap
24-04-2024, 06:50 AM
Shell shocked
You said it bro
This country is numb ATM with what's happening
This Cannibal Collective is doing just that cannibalising ,eating itself .Watch and learn.Chaos ahead with this nightmare,three headed monster.Sad what's befalling out country.

No I am actually quite glad with what is happening to this country now with the new lot in. I did not vote for National either, but this is a hell of a lot better than that last clueless disparate bunch of corrupt misfits.

The country is definitely not numb. I sense a lot more optimism around my parts and people are keen to get things moving again. It will take time and high interest rates (thanks Labour) are still biting but there is a sense of a light at the end of the tunnel.

Panda-NZ-
24-04-2024, 10:23 AM
The last six years - the new slogan.

As if the problems weren't even there before that magic date, or worse in many cases.

dobby41
24-04-2024, 01:08 PM

Change - yes
Change back to failed policies - no

I expect more from the Coalition of Chaos but Luxon is having a hard job controlling the beast.

Balance
24-04-2024, 01:28 PM
Change - yes

I expect more from the Coalition of Chaos but Luxon is having a hard job controlling the beast.

Lol - devotee of Clueless Cindy should not expect anything other than failed policies from Labour. :t_up:

Panda-NZ-
24-04-2024, 01:51 PM
Change - yes

They didn't reduce child poverty fast enough so we'll cut benefits and school lunches.

Balance
24-04-2024, 02:13 PM
A win for transparency and accountability - sooner that the new government repeals all race based policies, the better.

In this case, 4 Maori children's best interest & safety are secondary to their 'cultural' needs - according to Oranga Tamiriki.

Labour's 'Maori is best for Maori' race based policy in action - children uprooted from loving and caring foster parents to be 'cared' for by extended whanau of parents who violently abused them, just because the foster parents are not Maoris.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/a_good_win_for_newsroom.html

https://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/assets/cases/2024/2024-NZCA-101.pdf

Newsroom has won in the Court of Appeal over whether it can make available its video exposing the then practice of reverse uplifts because the foster parents were the wrong ethnicity.

A key quote:

The story was unquestionably one of significant public interest, as evidenced by the impact it had on the Minister and the suspension of the practice of reverse uplifts. It is reasonable to assume that the suspension of Oranga Tamariki’s practice would not have happened — or at least would not have happened so quickly — had it not been for the powerful impact of the video. It was powerful precisely because it depicted the real life effects of the reverse uplift policy and the associated raw emotion. Clearly too, the foster parents’ concerns about the way they were treated by Oranga Tamariki were valid and worthy of ventilation. The right of freedom of expression must encompass not only the rights of the media but also the rights of the foster parents to tell their story and the right of the public to hear it.

This is a win for media, but also for the foster parents.

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 02:42 PM
A win for transparency and accountability - sooner that the new government repeals all race based policies, the better.

In this case, 4 Maori children's best interest & safety are secondary to their 'cultural' needs - according to Oranga Tamiriki.

Labour's 'Maori is best for Maori' race based policy in action - children uprooted from loving and caring foster parents to be 'cared' for by extended whanau of parents who violently abused them, just because the foster parents are not Maoris.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/a_good_win_for_newsroom.html

https://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/assets/cases/2024/2024-NZCA-101.pdf

Newsroom has won in the Court of Appeal over whether it can make available its video exposing the then practice of reverse uplifts because the foster parents were the wrong ethnicity.

A key quote:

The story was unquestionably one of significant public interest, as evidenced by the impact it had on the Minister and the suspension of the practice of reverse uplifts. It is reasonable to assume that the suspension of Oranga Tamariki’s practice would not have happened — or at least would not have happened so quickly — had it not been for the powerful impact of the video. It was powerful precisely because it depicted the real life effects of the reverse uplift policy and the associated raw emotion. Clearly too, the foster parents’ concerns about the way they were treated by Oranga Tamariki were valid and worthy of ventilation. The right of freedom of expression must encompass not only the rights of the media but also the rights of the foster parents to tell their story and the right of the public to hear it.

This is a win for media, but also for the foster parents.

Just shocking that this was ever allowed to happen. Literally a racist policy.

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 02:43 PM
Looks like Melissa Lee has been sh1tcanned!

Balance
24-04-2024, 03:04 PM
Looks like Melissa Lee has been sh1tcanned!

As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!

winner69
24-04-2024, 03:40 PM
Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

Jeez he talks a load of sh1t

Panda-NZ-
24-04-2024, 03:44 PM
Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

He's a powerpoint presentation in a suit.

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 03:49 PM

Yeah, Luxon does talk some sh1te.

blackcap
24-04-2024, 04:10 PM
As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!

No, the problem is that Luxon is likely to pander to the MSM. Sorry, don't agree here. Sure Melissa should have done more and be more outspoken about how useless the MSM is, but now you watch, Luxon the idiot is going to try and keep them alive.

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 04:28 PM
No, the problem is that Luxon is likely to pander to the MSM. Sorry, don't agree here. Sure Melissa should have done more and be more outspoken about how useless the MSM is, but now you watch, Luxon the idiot is going to try and keep them alive.

Yes this is my feeling too.

As I have said before - I really don’t rate Luxon.

Super grateful we have had a change of govt, but I don’t think Luxon is going to go down as one of our greatest PM’s in history.

As soon as I saw him saying Seymour and Jones’ comments about the Waitangi tribunal being ‘ill conceived’ it cemented my view that he is not too different to John key in that he plays it safe depending on which way the wind is blowing.

We are still infinitely better off compared to if labour was still in, but Luxon needs to be watched. Hopefully ACT and NZF can keep him (mostly) on the straight and narrow.

Balance
24-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Yes this is my feeling too.

As I have said before - I really don’t rate Luxon.

Super grateful we have had a change of govt, but I don’t think Luxon is going to go down as one of our greatest PM’s in history.

As soon as I saw him saying Seymour and Jones’ comments about the Waitangi tribunal being ‘ill conceived’ it cemented my view that he is not too different to John key in that he plays it safe depending on which way the wind is blowing.

We are still infinitely better off compared to if labour was still in, but Luxon needs to be watched. Hopefully ACT and NZF can keep him (mostly) on the straight and narrow.

What I posted a few days ago :

NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.