PDA

View Full Version : Nat/act/nzf 2023

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Daytr
24-04-2024, 05:53 PM
What I posted a few days ago :

NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.

And yet NZF & ACT got a very small proportion of the vote when compared to the major parties & even less if you throw the Greens in.

So it suggests the majority of New Zealanders want change but not the extreme change NZF & ACT are advocating for.

mistaTea
24-04-2024, 05:54 PM
What I posted a few days ago :

NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.

Yeah, very true.

The more Luxon talks the more necessary the coalition partners become it seems.

I am sure he is a nice enough guy, but he does not strike me as someone who will stick to his principles under MSM and public pressure.

Daytr
25-04-2024, 08:22 AM
As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!

If you think that's why she was sacked you are delusional.

Luxon is far more balanced than the likes of yourself & understands the fourth estate is a critical part of any healthy democracy and unlike Winston he's not interested in creating just an echo chamber of shock jocks.

mistaTea
25-04-2024, 08:44 AM
If you think that's why she was sacked you are delusional.

Luxon is far more balanced than the likes of yourself & understands the fourth estate is a critical part of any healthy democracy and unlike Winston he's not interested in creating just an echo chamber of shock jocks.

I agree that Luxon will not be putting the sword to anything. And as much as I dislike elements of MSM, any final death blow (if there is such a thing) should not come from govt.

So the question then is what (if anything) should the govt be doing? Luxon has decided that doing nothing (which seemed to be Lee’s approach) is not good enough.

What will he do then instead? Will he end up giving taxpayer money to help them?

As a result will they start giving favourable reporting to the coalition? I hope not.

blackcap
25-04-2024, 08:48 AM
I agree that Luxon will not be putting the sword to anything. And as much as I dislike elements of MSM, any final death blow (if there is such a thing) should not come from govt.

So the question then is what (if anything) should the govt be doing? Luxon has decided that doing nothing (which seemed to be Lee’s approach) is not good enough.

What will he do then instead? Will he end up giving taxpayer money to help them?

As a result will they start giving favourable reporting to the coalition? I hope not.

Why should the government fund media at all? That is not necessary. If a democracy wants a thriving media, it will fund one. There is no reason ever that a government should fund media. Ever.

mistaTea
25-04-2024, 08:54 AM
Why should the government fund media at all? That is not necessary. If a democracy wants a thriving media, it will fund one. There is no reason ever that a government should fund media. Ever.

Aye, and it creates all sorts of issues anyway.

But Luxon will not live and die by such principles I doubt.

All we can do now is wait and see what he does.

Melissa is a bit of a MILF though. Did he really need to sack her? Damn.

Daddy was right. Oriental women have been the downfall of Anglo-Saxon men for centuries.

Daytr
25-04-2024, 09:19 AM

That's a very simplistic view of things.
Most countries have state funded media and in many cases those stations produce the best quality news as they aren't about chasing the advertising dollar or click bait.

I see it again and again people on here wanting to see what is behind a paywall as they won't pay a measly $200 a year, but still want to see the article.

I also see here again & again the very people lambasting MSM linking stories from MSM.

Icons like RNZ that don't just report the news but do interest pieces on regional NZ, different business sectors including a lot on farming or perhaps its the arts or delving into history so like today we don't forget.

These aren't necessarily economic to produce, but it doesn't mean it's less important. Dollars & cents does not always equate to quality journalism.

You just have to look at the Kardashians to know where the world has gone, but it doesn't mean we should lose what is a critical piece of democracy.

Balance
25-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Another mess for the new government to sort out and it is urgent, life-threatening and puts a lie to Ardern's claim that saving lives of are her & Labour's priority.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/flawed-111-system-causing-deaths-and-injuries-police-documents/XRM6VK3T2NHPHGCMHKKEDBSWPA/

"The Government was warned a year ago the 111 emergency call system is so old, slow and fragmented that it is causing deaths and injuries, police documents show.

But the Labour government dropped a project in August to replace the system, which is shared between police and Fire and Emergency.

The shortcomings of the 25-year-old system have been revealed in papers newly released under the Official Information Act that show both agencies made the plea that there was an “urgent” and “pressing” need to replace it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ardern & Robertson spraying and wasting money - forget about prioritizing spending on what's really important.

https://images.thespinoff.co.nz/1/2022/05/Danyl-response-budget.png?w=1290

dobby41
25-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Lol - devotee of Clueless Cindy should not expect anything other than failed policies from Labour. :t_up:

You keep trying to bring Labour in to this - this thread is about National and the Coalition.
Do you expect much from them?
We know you don't expect to change things to keep NZers in NZ - they won't even pay people properly.

dobby41
25-04-2024, 01:06 PM
As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!

You want a Govt to control the media?
Bad you!

dobby41
25-04-2024, 01:12 PM
As for Winston (Jones more particularly) and Seymour - they are their own people and won't be controlled by Luxon. Different rules for them and their Ministers

dobby41
25-04-2024, 01:19 PM
3 Ministers being able to decide on Fast Track proposals when one of them (and their party) is in thick with an applicant (or soon-to-be applicant) - does anyone see a conflict of interest here?
Jones and NZ1st got $55k from the director of Kings Quarry.
A few years ago Bishop suggested that Jones should be sacked for his antics - now he has to work with him (and trust him). Tall order that one.

Joshuatree
25-04-2024, 04:01 PM
3 Ministers being able to decide on Fast Track proposals when one of them (and their party) is in thick with an applicant (or soon-to-be applicant) - does anyone see a conflict of interest here?
Jones and NZ1st got $55k from the director of Kings Quarry.
A few years ago Bishop suggested that Jones should be sacked for his antics - now he has to work with him (and trust him). Tall order that one.

Have there been any reasonable to good policies put out by this Cannibal Collective government?!!
The number of kiwis leaving NZ looks to be accelerating due to their ruthless Business type policies.

Joshuatree
25-04-2024, 04:06 PM
No I am actually quite glad with what is happening to this country now with the new lot in. I did not vote for National either, but this is a hell of a lot better than that last clueless disparate bunch of corrupt misfits.

The country is definitely not numb. I sense a lot more optimism around my parts and people are keen to get things moving again. It will take time and high interest rates (thanks Labour) are still biting but there is a sense of a light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfort the corruption is only just beginning.Hopefully Luxon will have the spine to keep sacking.

nztx
25-04-2024, 04:14 PM
Unfort the corruption is only just beginning.Hopefully Luxon will have the spine to keep sacking.

Probably still being dug up on the last unholy undisciplined & incompetent mob ;)

Joshuatree
25-04-2024, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?

Good for you doing volunteer work.
It can be hard to stay unconditional and not become judgemental or biased about struggling folks.Its complicated and their are many reasons and issues why people get stuck and need support or help through tough times.There always will be people who can't or won't help themselves but there's no need to lump them altogether with folks who have had bad luck,fallen on hard times ,had a trauma etc etc.Its called humanity.

Panda-NZ-
25-04-2024, 05:13 PM
NZ peso is becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Business confidence is high though of course: 90 day trial, demolish health and safety laws, get some exploited international students in to wait tables in a cafe.

dobby41
25-04-2024, 05:28 PM
NZ peso becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Business confidence is high though of course: 90 day trial, demolish health and safety laws, get some exploited international students in to wait tables in a cafe.

Further cement the low-wage economy.

Not to mention the dismantling of rules around fresh water etc - allow for more pollution and environmental damage.

Getty
25-04-2024, 06:50 PM
Aye,

Daddy was right. Oriental women have been the downfall of Anglo-Saxon men for centuries.

So you are Eurasian mista tea?
Lol.

Balance
25-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Example of a real failed policy - Kiwibuild.

Latest figures released under the Official Information Act show the KiwiBuild scheme has resulted in 2,335 new homes being built since it launched in 2018!

So Labour delivered just 2.335% of the 100,000 homes promised in 6 years. That has got to be some kind of record for complete and utter failure to deliver, especially given the hiring & spending orgy at Kainga Ora.

Going to be fascinating when Bill English finishes his inquiry and presents his findings.

Of greater interest must be how this government refocuses and reprioritises the multitude of highly paid staff employed at KO and its multi-billion dollars budget (and ballooning debts!) to deliver real housing solutions for NZers.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/24-04-2024/is-kiwibuild-finally-on-its-last-legs

tim23
25-04-2024, 08:42 PM
Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

Jeez he talks a load of sh1t
MPs are public servants so I guess these demotions are part of the wider public service cuts?

Daytr
25-04-2024, 09:36 PM

Latest figures released under the Official Information Act show the KiwiBuild scheme has resulted in 2,335 new homes being built since it launched in 2018!

So Labour delivered just 2.335% of the 100,000 homes promised in 6 years. That has got to be some kind of record for complete and utter failure to deliver, especially given the hiring & spending orgy at Kainga Ora.

Going to be fascinating when Bill English finishes his inquiry and presents his findings.

Of greater interest must be how this government refocuses and reprioritises the multitude of highly paid staff employed at KO and its multi-billion dollars budget (and ballooning debts!) to deliver real housing solutions for NZers.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/24-04-2024/is-kiwibuild-finally-on-its-last-legs

Again wrong thread!

Balance
25-04-2024, 09:46 PM
Again wrong thread!

Absolutely the right thread - another mess & failure left behind by Clueless Cindy & Hapless Hipkins for the new government to clean and sort out.

Do try and keep up.

nztx
26-04-2024, 01:14 AM
NZ peso is becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Your favourite Argentinian peso runs rings around the Kiwi fiat in terms of being even worse, just in case you hadn't noticed :)

Don't forget to blame Robbo for cutting the real value of the Kiwi in at least half, due to his efforts to keep all fed & in receipt of Govt prescribed free handouts during Labour's prescribed Covid "All Locked Inside" stints ;)

Daytr
26-04-2024, 09:08 AM
Pretty hard not to be up to date with your posts as you keep repeating yourself and on the wrong thread.

Ever heard the following?
More is less & less is more?
Quality over quantity?

Ever heard the same joke twice? Now imagine hearing it day in day out.

iceman
26-04-2024, 09:24 AM
So the Greens Deputy Leader says Luxon is demoting Lee and Symmons because they are females. First of all I am surprised she identifies them as she/her, without even asking them. Secondly I am not surprised she keeps digging her political grave. What an absolute idi.. she is.

nztx
26-04-2024, 09:38 AM
Pretty hard not to be up to date with your posts as you keep repeating yourself and on the wrong thread.

Quality over quantity?

Leave Panda alone mate :)

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 10:12 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/media-insider-new-media-minister-paul-goldsmith-speaks-scotty-stevensons-new-radio-show/DFLFBNXQOVCULHBG2PM73ORPNM/

Balance, any hopes you had of National putting the sword to the media are quashed.

Winnie and Seymour will probably be a handbreak on anything too drastic that Goldsmith might propose.

National can still perhaps pitch themself as the 'good guy' in that scenario, but just couldn't get it over the line because hey ho that is MMP.

Speaking to Media Insider from London, less than 24 hours into the role, the new minister’s language is assertive and assured - and supportive of the media sector generally - even if it’s light on specific details.

“First, in the media space, is how do we ensure that we continue to have a strong and economically sustainable local media for the obvious reasons - it’s so fundamental to our democratic makeup - and recognising the challenges that they’ve got and the decline in advertising revenue.”The most useful thing “we can try our best to do”, he says, is to even the playing field alongside the international tech giants, “recognising that it’s not a straightforward matter”.
There was no single solution but the Government would work “systematically through various things that can even things up, somewhat”.
While the National-led coalition has been previously lukewarm and occasionally downright opposed to the previous Government’s Fair Digital News Bargaining Bill - legislation that would force the likes of Meta and Google to pay for the journalism that helps sustain their business models - Goldsmith is more conciliatory.
“People make a very strong case for it [the Bill]; I’m certainly open to it, but I’m going to have to take a little bit of time to get some advice, and it’s something that we need to go through with the channels of government. But I’m certainly open to it ... [and] a full consideration of that.”

tim23
26-04-2024, 10:20 AM

Quality over quantity?

Good call - Balances last line “do try and keep up” is a line I have heard from a punishing ZB talkback caller who frequently calls - it’s an unusual turn of phrase - maybe one in the same?

Panda-NZ-
26-04-2024, 11:56 AM
National can still perhaps pitch themself as the 'good guy' in that scenario, but just couldn't get it over the line because hey ho that is MMP.

Just give broadcasting to winnie, seymour or one of their flakes as they seem overly interested in the topic.

Balance
26-04-2024, 12:32 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/media-insider-new-media-minister-paul-goldsmith-speaks-scotty-stevensons-new-radio-show/DFLFBNXQOVCULHBG2PM73ORPNM/

Balance, any hopes you had of National putting the sword to the media are quashed.

Winnie and Seymour will probably be a handbreak on anything too drastic that Goldsmith might propose.

Thank goodness that ACT and NZF are there to put a stop to any nonsense about the government using hard-earned taxpayers' funds to support and keep alive the terminally sick MSM sector.

The MSM are in the main left-leaning, woke and have no objectivity when it comes to the best interest of ALL NZers. We know that they were in the pockets of the Labour government ($55m in exchange for supporting without question and putting into effect the cancel culture to silence any criticism) - so there's ZERO integrity with the current crop of MSM owners and journalists/reporters.

Let them fall and allow a new generation of journalists and media owners to bring integrity and factual reporting back to NZ again.

From new shoots come new and strong growth.

Panda-NZ-
26-04-2024, 12:44 PM
From new shoots come new and strong growth.

Nah it will be overseas content.

News brought to you by cheap copy and paste algorithms.

dobby41
26-04-2024, 01:30 PM

Wrong thread - this thread is about the Nat/act/nzf govt and policies.

dobby41
26-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Absolutely the right thread - another mess & failure left behind by Clueless Cindy & Hapless Hipkins for the new government to clean and sort out.

Do try and keep up.

Nothing to sort out from the failed Kiwibuild policy - the current lot just need a policy of their own.
Do try and keep up!

dobby41
26-04-2024, 01:33 PM
So the Greens Deputy Leader says Luxon is demoting Lee and Symmons because they are females. First of all I am surprised she identifies them as she/her, without even asking them. Secondly I am not surprised she keeps digging her political grave. What an absolute idi.. she is.

She is a wonder sometimes.
She may have asked them how they want to be identified - you don't know if she has or not!

Balance
26-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Wrong thread - this thread is about the Nat/act/nzf govt and policies.

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people are not offended.

You Clueless Cindy devotees want NZers to forget history - 6 years of inept, wasteful and disastrous Labour government.

Bringing up the messes and failures which the current government is going to have to fix and sort out is totally relevant to this thread - especially as new information and revelations are made available.

Well, you Cindy devotees will not get your wish to hide history. Go elsewhere if you want to do so.

dobby41
26-04-2024, 01:36 PM
Nah it will be overseas content.

News brought to you by cheap copy and paste algorithms.

Or maybe they will just copy and paste a few FB threads (or TikTok or X or whatever the favorite is at the time).

dobby41
26-04-2024, 03:13 PM
We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people are not offended.

Seems that you just want to rant the same things across the threads.
Try sticking to the thread topic.

Anti Labour stuff could stay in the Labour thread - it will be seen by those who want to see it.

Balance
26-04-2024, 03:32 PM
Seems that you just want to rant the same things across the threads.
Try sticking to the thread topic.

Anti Labour stuff could stay in the Labour thread - it will be seen by those who want to see it.

It’s putting the comments about the performance of the current government (all of 150 days old) in perspective against what transpired in the last 6 years.

No apologies from me that you cannot handle the truth of just what a mess Clueless Cindy & Hysterically Hapless Hipkins left behind for the new government to sort out.

Go back to Labour government’s thread and what do we see? Excuses galore about why the then government was not performing due to … the previous National government!!!!

Difference of course is that those were excuses which NZers saw through, knowing Labour fxxked up big time while in government while as NZers are now having to live through the disastrous aftermath of 6 years of that government.

Take inflation - consequence of the money spraying (using debt) by Robertson & Orr. The current government is having to initiate spending g cuts to rein in spending & bring inflation down. What do we read in the MSM - nothing but hysterical utterances about job cuts! Same as some of the posters here!

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 04:25 PM
It’s putting the comments about the performance of the current government (all of 150 days old) in perspective against what transpired in the last 6 years.

No apologies from me that you cannot handle the truth of just what a mess Clueless Cindy & Hysterically Hapless Hipkins left behind for the new government to sort out.

Go back to Labour government’s thread and what do we see? Excuses galore about why the then government was not performing due to … the previous National government!!!!

Difference of course is that those were excuses which NZers saw through, knowing Labour fxxked up big time while in government while as NZers are now having to live through the disastrous aftermath of 6 years of that government.

Take inflation - consequence of the money spraying (using debt) by Robertson & Orr. The current government is having to initiate spending g cuts to rein in spending & bring inflation down. What do we read in the MSM - nothing but hysterical utterances about job cuts! Same as some of the posters here!

The $2M they spent on pins for 'Covid-19 workers' tells you all you need to know about the mentality.

Not to mention the millions they handed over to principles to 'treat themselves'. Just arrogant.

The hysterical defenders will jump up and down and talk about filling cups.

Covid was tough on a lot of people. Principles who essentially got to work from home for a couple of years should be lower down the list for getting their hands on some f*ck you money from the taxpayer.

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 04:27 PM
The $2M they spent on pins for 'Covid-19 workers' tells you all you need to know about the mentality.

Not to mention the millions they handed over to principles to 'treat themselves'. Just arrogant.

The hysterical defenders will jump up and down and talk about filling cups.

Covid was tough on a lot of people. Principles who essentially got to work from home for a couple of years should be lower down the list for getting their hands on some f*ck you money from the taxpayer.

I see the story has been updated about the pins.

$2M was only set aside silly! They only actually spent $717,000. Very prudent and responsible.

Daytr
26-04-2024, 04:54 PM
I see the story has been updated about the pins.

$2M was only set aside silly! They only actually spent $717,000. Very prudent and responsible.

Again wrong thread!

Balance
26-04-2024, 06:06 PM
Again wrong thread!

Kiss my arse.

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Again wrong thread!

You are technically correct...

But it is natural for a lot of the stuff around Labour's excess to end up on here as the current govt remains in "fix it" mode.

So wasteful spending like this by the previous govt is legitimate in the context of the new govt (which is far more prudent with taxpayer money).

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Kiss my arse.

This works too :D

Daytr
26-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Kiss my arse.

This works too :D

Such intelligent rebuttal.
Par for the course.

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 06:33 PM
Such intelligent rebuttal.
Par for the course.

You are just miffed because new examples keep coming out all these months later about just how reckless and wasteful your Heroine and Hero was with taxpayer funds.

If all you've got is "wahhhh, wrong thread!" then we really must have ya on the ropes!

Hehe.

tim23
26-04-2024, 06:56 PM
You are just miffed because new examples keep coming out all these months later about just how reckless and wasteful your Heroine and Hero was with taxpayer funds.

If all you've got is "wahhhh, wrong thread!" then we really must have ya on the ropes!

Hehe.
I think because it is on the wrong thread.

mistaTea
26-04-2024, 07:03 PM
I think because it is on the wrong thread.

If you say so, then let it be so.

Balance
26-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Here’s a rebuttal to all the critics who dispute the effectiveness of the 3 strikes law.

What is truly fascinating is that the Justice Dept stopped collating information from 2017 (after the pro-crims Ardern & Maori cabal took office) when the data collated in the first 5 years showed the policy working.

One must wonder why.

And who instructed the Justice Dept to stop collating the data.

The answer is simple though - the pro-crims government simply could not bear to face the truth.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/three_strikes_saw_lower_reoffending.html

Balance
26-04-2024, 09:22 PM
Quite a number of positive comments from political analysts about Luxon moving two poor performing ministers on.

As usual, Hipkins and his fellow losers tried to make an issue out of the demotions.

Poor Hapless Hipkins - getting hysterical as well these days as he is stuck in a job he is bad at & hates while he watches Clueless Cindy & Robertson moved on to better pastures.

Read on from Dsvid Farrar:

He [Hipkins] said the government had only been in office for six months, and “the wheels are falling off already”.

This is beyond stupid. Hipkins claims taking two portfolios away from Ministers who were seen to be struggling is the wheels are falling off.

In the first few months of last year, we saw his Government have:

The PM resign

The Minister of Justice sacked/resigned after being charged with drink driving and not co-operating with Police after she crashed her car

Stuart Nash sacked for leaking Cabinet discussions and multiple prior warnings

Michael Wood sacked after being told 12 times to sell shares he had a ministerial conflict over

A Minister defect to Te Pati Maori.

Phil Twyford demoted

Three Ministers dropped as they were retiring at the election

For Hipkins to talk about a wheels dropping off, is hilarious.

Opposition Leaders often fall into the trap of thinking they have to try and turn everything into a scandal, and make overly dramatise everything as the end of the world etc. This mainly works by turning the public off the Opposition Leader.

David Farrar runs Curia Market Research, a specialist opinion polling and research agency, and the popular Kiwiblog where this article was sourced.

Panda-NZ-
27-04-2024, 05:58 AM
Quite a number of positive comments from political analysts about Luxon moving two poor performing ministers on.

Yeah it's a really good thing (sarcasm). You would think he would make the right picks in the first place though.

It's from his own team too not the coalition.

Daytr
27-04-2024, 08:08 AM

Hehe.

So many times you just post stuff out of Balance's arse being the sycophant you are.

New! All Balance does is keep repeating the same old crap.

And of course you borrow your hero's modus operandi. Of course I must be a screaming lefty.
Wrong again.

This thread has really gone down the toilet.

National's record on housing.
They made a claim they built 30,000 houses in their nine years in Government when in fact they delivered over 2,000 less houses.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/07/national-housing-spokesperson-jacqui-dean-falsely-claims-they-built-30-000-state-homes-when-last-in-power.html

Shall I keep repeating this monotonously?
At least it's on the right thread'

Balance
27-04-2024, 10:49 AM
So many times you just post stuff out of Balance's arse being the sycophant you are.

New! All Balance does is keep repeating the same old crap.

And of course you borrow your hero's modus operandi. Of course I must be a screaming lefty.
Wrong again.

This thread has really gone down the toilet.

National's record on housing.
They made a claim they built 30,000 houses in their nine years in Government when in fact they delivered over 2,000 less houses.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/07/national-housing-spokesperson-jacqui-dean-falsely-claims-they-built-30-000-state-homes-when-last-in-power.html

Shall I keep repeating this monotonously?
At least it's on the right thread'

I do not see any poster here defending what was clearly a falsehood by National's spokesperson on how many houses they built. If you do, please show us.

We also do not see any poster here repeating the falsehood and when challenged, tried to spin it to deflect from the falsehood. If you do, please show us.

In contrast, we see Cindy's devotees not only repeating the falsehoods spun by Labour about their multitude of failures but when confronted, they resort to spin and deflection to try & detract from the falsehoods.

So you & the other spin-artists need and you will be reminded repeatedly of your corrupted and repugnant attempts at spreading lies and falsehoods.

"12,000 new houses built by Labour became 12,000 new houses delivered by Labour to 12,000 houses delivered by Labour!" Try that BS elsewhere where fools reside but don't try it here.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his errors." Mark Twain

Balance
27-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Here are some examples of just how shallow and how full of lies Hysterical Hapless Hipkins and the Labour Party have been in criticizing the new government in cutting back on the number of civil servants :

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/hipkins_wrong.html#google_vignette

Newshub reports:

Labour Party leader Chris Hipkins has stood by increasing the public service workforce during his time in government, saying it’s been proportionate to the growth in population.

The Coalition Government has directed the public services to cut costs by between 6.5 and 7.5 percent to help reduce annual public service spending by $1.5 billion. It’s resulted in thousands of jobs proposed to be axed across the sector.

The National Party has said it is trying to restore “financial discipline” with its cuts to the public service because the number of staff has ballooned under the previous Labour Government.

Since Labour came to power in 2017, the number of public servants has increased by roughly one-third, up just under 18,500 to a total of 65,699 full-time equivalent staff at the end of 2023.

However, Hipkins said the increase in public sector jobs was in response to New Zealand’s rising population. According to Stats NZ, New Zealand’s population has increased from just over 4.76 million at the end of 2016 to 5.3 million at the end of 2023.

That is a 33% increase in public service numbers compared to an 11% increase in population. So when Hipkins says the growth has been proportionate he is wrong, or you can use a term that rhymes with flying.

Hipkins said the increase in government spending over the last six years under Labour has been proportionate to the increase in population and increase in pressure the public services have been under.

Government spending was $78 billion in 2017 and $140 billion in 2023. That is a massive 79% increase.

“The size of the public sector workforce relative to the overall size of the workforce is actually slightly less than it was when we first became the government,” he said.

Again not true. The HLFS show the proportion of the workforce in public administration and safety went from 5.6% to 6.9% from 2017 to 2023. If he is talking about the entire public sector then he is not talking just public servants but also doctors, nurses, teachers etc. That is a red herring. Few if any say we don’t have enough of those.

“The country is not broke. We have actually got some of the lowest government debt levels in the OECD,” he told AM co-host Lloyd Burr.

Actually 15 OECD countries have lower gross debt. And for net debt, Michael Riddell shows us:

https://i0.wp.com/croakingcassandra.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/image-11.png?w=640&ssl=1

So we are not near the bottom at all.

He said New Zealand was in a “difficult part in the economic cycle” and now is not the time for tax cuts.

A chocolate fish for a reader who can find anytime Chris Hipkins has said the time is right for tax cuts.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1691612681811-D9LMARSVE48IZHOKQCOA/Organ+grinders.jpg?format=500w

Daytr
27-04-2024, 11:33 AM
I do not see any poster here defending what was clearly a falsehood by National's spokesperson on how many houses they built. If you do, please show us.

We also do not see any poster here repeating the falsehood and when challenged, tried to spin it to deflect from the falsehood. If you do, please show us.

In contrast, we see Cindy's devotees not only repeating the falsehoods spun by Labour about their multitude of failures but when confronted, they resort to spin and deflection to try & detract from the falsehoods.

So you & the other spin-artists need and you will be reminded repeatedly of your corrupted and repugnant attempts at spreading lies and falsehoods.

"12,000 new houses built by Labour became 12,000 new houses delivered by Labour to 12,000 houses delivered by Labour!" Try that BS elsewhere where fools reside but don't try it here.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his errors." Mark Twain

Anyone can see through your silly semantics.
If I get a house built for myself, what do I do? I employ a builder or i buy a new build.
Who cares how, they delivered over 12,000 homes. Nothing to defend, it's a fact.

Just like National’s record, there is nothing to defend. I mean literally nothing, because they didn't deliver one in nine years.
I don't see anyone defending the 100k house promise by Labour either. So your point is moot.

The real question is, which Government delivered on housing & which couldn't even maintain the level of housing they had when they came into office?

I hope NAFT do deliver on housing & perhaps if they do it would be relevant to post as such.

Baa_Baa
27-04-2024, 11:37 AM
I hope NAFT do deliver on housing & perhaps if they do it would be relevant to post as such.

What is NAFT?

Daytr
27-04-2024, 11:56 AM
What is NAFT?

Probably should just be NAF.

It's the coalition.

dobby41
27-04-2024, 12:11 PM

It was a necessary move - they weren't performing for one reason or another.
Interesting, though, around Lee.
I had read that she had a cabinet paper but it was pulled because Winston said he hadn't seen it.
It was, it seems, sent to his office and he was given enough time (in line with the Cabinet Manual) to comment but hadn't - he got it pulled from the Cabinet Order Paper (by his own admission).
So it was sent back to Winston where it languished while he was overseas.
So who lost faith in Lee? It seems that Winston put the kibosh on Lee.

Bjauck
27-04-2024, 04:13 PM
Probably should just be NAF.

It's the coalition.
What animals best represent the NZ party groupings? Gr, Lab, Māori vs. Act, Nat, NZF. In the USA it is the Donkey vs, the Elephant. How about the green Tree Snake versus the T. Rex.

mistaTea
27-04-2024, 04:41 PM

Just catching up on stuff and man, you really went for me there hey! :t_up:

RTM
27-04-2024, 07:48 PM

As usual, …...

Yes. The question I have is how were they ever appointed to those positions, especially ML ? Serious error of judgement, clearly not capable.

Balance
28-04-2024, 10:13 AM
Yes. The question I have is how were they ever appointed to those positions, especially ML ? Serious error of judgement, clearly not capable.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error." Cicero 43 BC

That's the huge difference between Luxon (with his real world corporate background) vs Clueless Ardern & Hysterical Hapless Hipkins (with their background in student politics & academia) - being prepared to act decisively when mistakes are made.

Note the difference between Luxon and Clueless Cindy & Hysterical Hapless Hipkins:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/all-power-to-prime-minister-christopher-luxons-elbow-matthew-hooton/N2VNZQ4J6ZCK3K7LAGV4WIKOJM/
paywalled

"Christopher Luxon’s brutal despatch of Broadcasting Minister Melissa Lee and Disabilities Minister Penny Simmonds after just 149 days is to be commended. It’s probably the Prime Minister’s most important decision so far. If he sticks with this political heresy that ministers can be removed so quickly on performance grounds – and especially if it becomes doctrine for future governments – it could be enough on its own to establish a Luxon legacy. It’s often best to let people fail fast."

"How much better off might the previous Government have been – and New Zealand – had Jacinda Ardern applied the same rigour to, say, the problem of Phil Twyford, her first Minister of Housing and also Transport? s early as March 2018, just months since it too had been sworn in, experts in the property industry were saying that the Ardern Government was going about KiwiBuild all wrong. That was the moment to sack Twyford. Instead Ardern waited another 15 months before sacking him as Housing Minister. By then, her signature policy lay in ruins, having become a laughing stock. Ardern then let Twyford struggle on for another 16 months before sacking him as Transport Minister, but not before he had turned her other signature policy, light rail, into an even worse fiasco."

https://breakingviewsnz.blogspot.com/2024/04/dr-bryce-edwards-luxons-ruthless-show.html

"Prime Minister Christopher Luxon has surprised everyone with his ruthlessness in sacking two of his ministers from their crucial portfolios. Removing ministers for poor performance after only five months in the job just doesn’t normally happen in politics. That’s refreshing and will be extremely well received. The public will perceive this unprecedented move as a sign that Luxon has very high standards for his government and is determined that his ministers actually deliver results."

"Luxon’s show of strength is a massive contrast with the last government: “What's happened today will shock a lot of people, because over the last few years we've got used to Prime Minsters just putting up with their ministers doing a bad job or behaving badly in public. Kiri Allan, Phil Twyford, Michael Wood, Clare Curran, even Nanaia Mahuta - the Foreign Minister who didn't like international travel. It took forever for Hipkins or Ardern to demote the under-performers, and they suffered for it – public opinion of them was tainted.”

iceman
28-04-2024, 11:50 AM

I agree. I never understood how she was given positions of responsibility even back under John Key, despite the controversies early on in her Parliamentary career. I hope she wasn't given these portfolios for ethnic and diversity reasons.

Balance
28-04-2024, 11:54 AM
I agree. I never understood how she was given positions of responsibility even back under John Key, despite the controversies early on in her Parliamentary career. I hope she wasn't given these portfolios for ethnic and diversity reasons.

Of course ethnic and diversity were big factors in considering her. There are rich veins of votes to be tapped into with the Asian electorates.

My Labour Party insider told me that Indians used to vote Labour until the last election. The Chinese, Koreans and Japanese typically vote National.

winner69
28-04-2024, 12:54 PM
Peter Dunne going on about how Luxon govt repeating Muldoon’s Think Big ..maybe not for the better of nz

https://newsroom.co.nz/2024/04/26/govt-repeats-mistakes-of-muldoons-authoritarian-excesses/

Daytr
28-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Jobs for the girls...

I have never understood how Paula Bennett rose to anything.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2024/04/former-deputy-prime-minister-paula-bennett-appointed-pharmac-board-chair.html

Balance
28-04-2024, 03:13 PM
Jobs for the girls...

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2024/04/former-deputy-prime-minister-paula-bennett-appointed-pharmac-board-chair.html

Same way you cannot understand how Labour under Clueless Cindy & Hysterical Hipkins never built 12,000 new homes? :t_up:

Daytr
28-04-2024, 06:38 PM
Same way you cannot understand how Labour under Clueless Cindy & Hysterical Hipkins never built 12,000 new homes? :t_up:

Or the same way National somehow managed to decrease the number of state houses over nine years.
I mean seriously how tone deaf were they?
Didn't Bennett grow up in a State House?
Key as well I think.
Incredible that they didn't think others deserved shelter & a chance.

Keep it coming buddy.
No new material, but same audience doesn't make you a comedian, it makes you a clown.

fungus pudding
28-04-2024, 06:56 PM
Jobs for the girls...

That won't surprise anybody.

Daytr
28-04-2024, 07:04 PM
That won't surprise anybody.

Ahh well.
You will be able provide a list of Paula Bennett's greatest achievements then...
No thought not.

mistaTea
28-04-2024, 07:13 PM
Ahh well.
You will be able provide a list of Paula Bennett's greatest achievements then...
No thought not.

That is one woman I truly detest...

For a whole host of reasons... but the final nail in the coffin was watching her lick Bill English's arse in the lead up to the 2017 election when he (foolishly) decided to pick her as his deputy.

Watching her go on about how inspiring he is as a leader etc etc **** **** literally made me want to barf.

Daytr
28-04-2024, 08:05 PM
That is one woman I truly detest...

For a whole host of reasons... but the final nail in the coffin was watching her lick Bill English's arse in the lead up to the 2017 election when he (foolishly) decided to pick her as his deputy.

Watching her go on about how inspiring he is as a leader etc etc **** **** literally made me want to barf.

Oh well we can agree on something.
I saw her on the campaign trail in 2017 & she really had a shocker. From memory they sent her home.

fungus pudding
28-04-2024, 08:48 PM
Ahh well.
No thought not.

It's just that I don't wxpect you to understand much at all - about anything.

Daytr
28-04-2024, 09:15 PM
It's just that I don't wxpect you to understand much at all - about anything.

So clever.🙄
All you rightcysts can only come up with is poor rudimentary humour & insults.
What you say, says far more about you than me buddy.

Ferg
28-04-2024, 10:31 PM
There comes a point when the antagonist is the joke and the jokes pretty much write themselves....especially when the antagonist *really enjoys* watching James Shaw.
:t_up:

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 06:46 AM
Oh well we can agree on something.
I saw her on the campaign trail in 2017 & she really had a shocker. From memory they sent her home.

Mind you, the way you position it I am sycophant lick arse to Balance!

If he was Bill, I would be his Paula in 2017!

Hey buddy that really hurts ya know!!

:D

Bjauck
29-04-2024, 07:05 AM
So clever.
All you rightcysts can only come up with is poor rudimentary humour & insults.
What you say, says far more about you than me buddy.
The whole spectrum of NZ politics for decades has had a talent paddling pool. My contribution to the schoolyard humour!

Daytr
29-04-2024, 08:39 AM
Mind you, the way you position it I am sycophant lick arse to Balance!

If he was Bill, I would be his Paula in 2017!

Hey buddy that really hurts ya know!!

:D

Call it as I see it buddy.

Daytr
29-04-2024, 08:45 AM
It's no coincidence that Councils are proposing 15% plus increase in rates at a time when NAFT is choosing rate & spending cuts.

Talk about a shell game. We will cut taxes but don't worry your local council will take it off you.

NZ has one of the worst redistribution rates of Central Government Revenue to regions in the OECD.

NZ used to redistribute around 18% - 20% now down to around 10%. Something has to give.
Still no answer from NAFT on our water infrastructure crisis.
Is this like state housing under Key?
Nothing to see here?
Only one of the biggest liabilities NZ is facing.

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Call it as I see it buddy.

Well, uhhh... you smell like a fart then!

hee hee hee!

Bjauck
29-04-2024, 10:16 AM
It's no coincidence that Councils are proposing 15% plus increase in rates at a time when NAFT is choosing rate & spending cuts.

Talk about a shell game. We will cut taxes but don't worry your local council will take it off you.

NZ has one of the worst redistribution rates of Central Government Revenue to regions in the OECD.

NZ used to redistribute around 18% - 20% now down to around 10%. Something has to give.
Still no answer from NAFT on our water infrastructure crisis.
Is this like state housing under Key?
Nothing to see here?
Only one of the biggest liabilities NZ is facing.
Rates rises hit pensioners hard and they usually tend to support the right wing more than the left too.

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 10:23 AM
Rates rises hit pensioners hard and they usually tend to support the right wing more than the left too.

Councils have been squawking about needing to put up rates significantly long before the current lot got elected.

Disengenous with our Jacindaphile friend to conflate long standing Council Resource challenges with government tax cuts.

But he is a desperate fellow (who may or may not smell like a fart too!)

Daytr
29-04-2024, 10:31 AM
Councils have been squawking about needing to put up rates significantly long before the current lot got elected.

Disengenous with our Jacindaphile friend to conflate long standing Council Resource challenges with government tax cuts.

But he is a desperate fellow (who may or may not smell like a fart too!)

Of course it has everything to do with it.
NAFT pulled three waters and have left Council's high & dry with no alternative plan.

What do you think the Government could have done with the billions of tax revenue? Redistributed it to Councils.

The previous Government had a plan, like it or not. NAFT are staring into the headlights.

Yes it's been an issue building for decades.
But what is the Government doing about it?

Perhaps pause & think before you post or have you know pride?

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 11:34 AM
The previous Government had a plan, like it or not.

Given the results of the recent election, I can say on behalf of most NZers... we did not like it.

You need to accept this before it tears you apart.

Now hush.

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 01:52 PM
Can't wait for Daytr and the rest of the Jacindapoops to gush on here about how impressed they are with the current govt boosting Pharmac funding so much ($1.7b vs Labours proposed $250M).

They tend to be very objective you see, so I am sure they were very pleased to read about that.

I am just suprised the thread isn't pumping with all of their supportive posts! :D

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 03:17 PM
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/mike-hosking-breakfast/opinion/mikes-minute-the-high-court-gave-the-waitangi-tribunal-a-serve/

Ole Mike does sum it up quite nicely actually.

mistaTea
29-04-2024, 06:43 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/latest-poll-coalition-parties-drop-in-latest-1news-verian-poll-labour-greens-te-pati-maori-edge-ahead/IZCQJA33YFD35KUQ3ZL5GLKK3I/

Media says it's doom and gloom for baldy and his pals.

Winnie doomed, getting the boot again I am told.

And if we had an election tomorrow Hipkins will be back in power with his good mates (alleged thieves, modern-day slavers and confirmed separatists).

Getty
29-04-2024, 06:53 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/latest-poll-coalition-parties-drop-in-latest-1news-verian-poll-labour-greens-te-pati-maori-edge-ahead/IZCQJA33YFD35KUQ3ZL5GLKK3I/

And if we had an election tomorrow Hipkins will be back in power with his good mates (alleged thieves, modern-day slavers and confirmed separatists).

One or two tv journos, as you would say, fapping themselves over this story.
However it's only a total of 48% vs 47%, so within a margin of error.

Nevertheless, what do people think are the litmus issues that have swung the pendulum towards the left?

Panda-NZ-
29-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Nevertheless, what do people think are the litmus issues that have swung the pendulum towards the left?

The realisation that they voted for a team who were right in saying that things were bad (or not great) but ignored the part where they had ideas that would make them all worse.

Balance
29-04-2024, 08:55 PM

All the more reason for young, skilled, hardworking and professional NZers to migrate to Australia.

TV news tonight (according to W69) says contractors and tradies are leaving NZ in droves as uncertainty and delays due to the government cancelling and putting major infrastructure projects on hold.

They go with the best wishes and blessings of us all who desire for them and their families a better and brighter future than they will ever get in Aotearoa, the country sliding towards 2nd world status.

RTM
29-04-2024, 10:26 PM

Yes...I thought it was a dreadful bit of reporting. Leading the news, breaking news etc etc etc. And no acknowledgement of the fight NZ Inc is having to combat inflation at the moment. It went on and on and on...and really...it makes no difference at all. A poll some 30 months out from the next election. What a joke. Just confirms what I think about the news services in NZ. Dog tucker !

nztx
30-04-2024, 01:30 AM
Gez .. was there some media splat that waved an olive branch in the direction of the clueless Lost Its ? ;)

Still some media left popping their heads out of their rabbit warrens after farewelling many of their mates ? ;)

Bjauck
30-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Yes...I thought it was a dreadful bit of reporting. Leading the news, breaking news etc etc etc. And no acknowledgement of the fight NZ Inc is having to combat inflation at the moment. It went on and on and on...and really...it makes no difference at all. A poll some 30 months out from the next election. What a joke. Just confirms what I think about the news services in NZ. Dog tucker ! The media should bury the polls in favour of clips of applauding happy crowds showing up whenever our courageous PM Luxon appears.

Bjauck
30-04-2024, 07:04 AM

Cutting the public sector, younger family members still heading to Oz and even the right of centre Auckland mayor has been fighting with the new government. The electorate needs to see the positive and unifying rebuilding part of the Coalition plans.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 07:15 AM
The media should bury the polls in favour of clips of applauding happy crowds showing up whenever our courageous PM Luxon appears.

Not at all, but this is one poll 30 months out from the next election.

I decided to put TV1 on to see what they had to say, and was shocked.

I thought Maiki Sherman was on the verge of hysteria.

Bjauck
30-04-2024, 07:32 AM

Ok. Fair enough. Tbh, I haven’t watched TV1 news for months. TV news love polls, a minimal change provides a headline and a feeling of jeopardy.

RTM
30-04-2024, 07:47 AM

https://youtu.be/UL2CaNyNBks?si=e7_JaVpIzH42TNd6
Yes, hysteria is a good description MrT.

jonu
30-04-2024, 08:03 AM

They spent 11 minutes on it? Slow news day Monday?

There's no way NZ would elect a L/G/TPM coalition at the moment. The poll will be reflecting the electorate's grumpiness with the state of the nation, most of which is down to the last 6 years. Six months from an election these numbers would have worried the government. Not now.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 08:25 AM
Given the results of the recent election, I can say on behalf of most NZers... we did not like it.

You need to accept this before it tears you apart.

Now hush.

Can't wait for Daytr and the rest of the Jacindapoops to gush on here about how impressed they are with the current govt boosting Pharmac funding so much ($1.7b vs Labours proposed $250M).

They tend to be very objective you see, so I am sure they were very pleased to read about that.

I am just suprised the thread isn't pumping with all of their supportive posts! :D

The arrogance is strong in this one.
Speaking for... 🤣🤣🤣
You can't even speak for yourself as you continually make things up.

I have probably pointed out more positives from the new Government than anyone on here, I just also point out the negatives and counter the constant drivel that is repeated on here.

Mind you most of the rightcyst posters don't say much other than hurl insults & in your case childish humour. Here's a clue. Don't take the show on the road, as if you need to try and convince someone a 'joke' is funny, then it's clearly not.

As I've said before there is no point having a discussion with someone that is completely disingenuous.

It's a shame posters on here can't have a real level headed discussion. If anyone had overheard the level of discussion on here in the real world it would be embarrassing.

Anyway buddy, I won't be hushed, but I will hush you as you ain't worth my spit.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 08:36 AM

I was actually stunned at how hysterical Maiki was over a poll so far away from the election.

Zero objectivity.

It is not a suprise that the current govt are going to bounce around in the polls and take some knocks as they are having to make some really tough calls. I don't envy them, as this first 6 months has really been about trying to get to grips with the state of things and clean up as much as they can.

But the proof will be in the pudding in the next couple of years in terms of who NZers think deserve to govern. Any polls taken now are nothing to get hysterical over.

I just hope Luxon does not direct Goldsmith to do some sort of bailout for this lot. Most of our journalists need to be retrained.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 08:41 AM

There's no way NZ would elect a L/G/TPM coalition at the moment. The poll will be reflecting the electorate's grumpiness with the state of the nation, most of which is down to the last 6 years. Six months from an election these numbers would have worried the government. Not now.

The only hysteria I am seeing is on here.
The denial, twisting the interpretation of the outcome of the poll. Isn't that what most of you accuse the media of?

It's the fourth time in a row that this poll has ACT down.

And yes it is news, as NZF who didn't win one electoral seat & according to this poll wouldn't be even in parliament & ACT with the worst performing polling figures of the coalition, both have had outsized influence on the Government & policy. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Both NZF & ACT are the extremes of the NZ political spectrum and it should be a concern for the over 85% of the population that didn't vote for them, that they are having those on the extreme are having so much influence.

Sure it's one poll, but NAFT wouldn't want to see another one like it so early in their first and perhaps only term in office.

Balance
30-04-2024, 09:02 AM
Cutting the public sector, younger family members still heading to Oz and even the right of centre Auckland mayor has been fighting with the new government. The electorate needs to see the positive and unifying rebuilding part of the Coalition plans.

I view the poll results as a very good reminder of how short term NZers are when it comes to forward thinking - inflict a bit of pain by withdrawing them from their fast food diet of quick-fixes (by throwing monies and funds recklessly with no accountability or expectations of returns) and they howl for relief.

Never mind the future - it's all about the present.

The poll should get Luxon cracking instead of playing nice guy and trying to appease the woke leftist voters - shock & awe to get NZ back on track to slow down the slide towards 2nd world status.

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo. :t_up:

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 09:07 AM
I view the poll results as a very good reminder of how short term NZers are when it comes to forward thinking - inflict a bit of pain by withdrawing them from their fast food diet of quick-fixes (by throwing monies and funds recklessly with no accountability or expectations of returns) and they howl for relief.

The poll should get Luxon cracking instead of playing nice guy and trying to appease the woke leftist voters - shock & awe to get NZ back on track to slow down the slide towards 2nd world status.

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo. :t_up:

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/mike-hosking-breakfast/audio/christopher-luxon-prime-minister-attributes-drop-in-polls-to-the-challenging-times-kiwis-are-facing/

During this interview, Hosko put together some key moments of the 'Maiki Special' last night. Baldy laughed it off, but I winced.

RTM
30-04-2024, 09:43 AM
The only hysteria I am seeing is on here.
The denial, twisting the interpretation of the outcome of the poll. Isn't that what most of you accuse the media of?

It's the fourth time in a row that this poll has ACT down.

And yes it is news, as NZF who didn't win one electoral seat & according to this poll wouldn't be even in parliament & ACT with the worst performing polling figures of the coalition, both have had outsized influence on the Government & policy. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Both NZF & ACT are the extremes of the NZ political spectrum and it should be a concern for the over 85% of the population that didn't vote for them, that they are having those on the extreme are having so much influence.

Sure it's one poll, but NAFT wouldn't want to see another one like it so early in their first and perhaps only term in office.

So you thought TVNZ's presentation was appropriate ? Wow. Did you watch it ?
No one is doubting what it told us.

thegreatestben
30-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Mistatea, can you feed your chat gpt 4 with the transcript or can it listen to the audio and reflect on it? ask it to be neutral and describe the tone etc

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 10:00 AM
Mistatea, can you feed your chat gpt 4 with the transcript or can it listen to the audio and reflect on it? ask it to be neutral and describe the tone etc

Looks like transcripts disabled for that youtube video RTM provided.

GPT4 is not able to watch videos (might be a feature of GPT5).

Daytr
30-04-2024, 10:02 AM

Depends what you mean by appropriate?
My only comment was that it was overly long.
It could be a reaction to a Government who has put the boot into the media & speaking of inappropriate, that is highly inappropriate by Winston, we don't want Trump style politics here.

A politician threatening the media is never a good look.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 10:13 AM

I am just astounded how these guys can put this kind of hysterical presenation together, and then still not see why so many people don't want to use their service.

The poll is the poll, no disputing the result. And it is a reminder to the current govt (as much as they will all try to play it down) that people want to start seeing some tangible results.

Difficult job for the current govt, as they are working at pace...but these things take time. Law and Order, for example, is not going to get fixed in 6 months after how bad it was allowed to deteriorate over the previous 6 years. Footage of thugs smashing jewellry stores with hammers and machetes will understandably make people afraid. And the current govt won't get away with blaming Labour forever (even though the problem execcerbated so badly under Labour's watch) - all people will want to see is law and order restored, no more excuses.

All the press about cuts...gives the impression that National are just dramatically reducing services as opposed to streamlining and focussing spend, cutting out unecessary waste.

The electorate can be fickle at the best of times, so I am sure the polls will jump around. And we accept the polls as they are, each a snapshot in time.

But Maiki can do much better than the crazed lunatic presentation she gave. Anyone would have thought the current government were on the eve of being chucked out of office. Come on, the next election is two and a half years away and that us a very very long time in politics.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 10:15 AM
It could be a reaction to a Government who has put the boot into the media & speaking of inappropriate, that is highly inappropriate by Winston, we don't want Trump style politics here.

Ahhhh I see, so it's our impartial MSM giving the govt the message is it? Cough up, or more crazed loon pressos every time your support drops a percentage point in the polls yeah?

Nice.

RTM
30-04-2024, 10:24 AM
But Maiki can do much better than the crazed lunatic presentation she gave. Anyone would have thought the current government were on the eve of being chucked out of office. Come on, the next election is two and a half years away and that us a very very long time in politics.

Can she ? I'm not so sure.
Be interesting to see if Media Watch (RNZ) picks up on it.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 10:36 AM
Can she ? I'm not so sure.
Be interesting to see if Media Watch (RNZ) picks up on it.

I haven't watched a lot of Maiki, but there have been other reports she has done outside of parliament etc where I thought she did ok.

Unless she is usually hysterical like last night and I have just been blissfully unaware until last night?

Does anyone know where I can get the transcript to the news story? I kinda do want to run it through AI now for sh1ts and giggles.

Balance
30-04-2024, 10:40 AM
I was actually stunned at how hysterical Maiki was over a poll so far away from the election.

Zero objectivity.

It is not a suprise that the current govt are going to bounce around in the polls and take some knocks as they are having to make some really tough calls. I don't envy them, as this first 6 months has really been about trying to get to grips with the state of things and clean up as much as they can.

But the proof will be in the pudding in the next couple of years in terms of who NZers think deserve to govern. Any polls taken now are nothing to get hysterical over.

I just hope Luxon does not direct Goldsmith to do some sort of bailout for this lot. Most of our journalists need to be retrained.

A good perspective on the poll :

https://thebfd.co.nz/2024/04/30/no-surprises-in-latest-poll/

Excerpts :

"There should be no surprises in the latest 1News poll, released yesterday, that shows support for the coalition has slumped. No surprises here because the Media Party has been on the attack since the Government was formed, hostile to everything because their preferred parties were rinsed in the election.

TV News was gleeful, headlining that if an election were held today the Government would be out. Thankfully an election won’t be held today. But the Government does need to wake up.

Christopher Luxon has tried to be all things to all people, being weak and woke at the same time. Given a choice between Labour or Labour-lite, people would choose Labour.

Steady as she goes. There is a warning here though. National will have to start doing things, rather than doing the usual status quo rubbish they are prone to do when in power.

Right now the best tactic for the Government would be to starve the media of revenue from government advertising."

Bjauck
30-04-2024, 10:44 AM

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo. :t_up: Modern vibes (and the three year election cycle?) are about immediate satisfaction! Unfortunately good government is about long term planning and solutions. Rome wasn’t built in a day, although it was indeed sacked in a day several times…

I think we should go the US congress route - 1/3 of the House of Representatives should come up for election every 2 years. Except I am not sure how they would fit in with the MMP system.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 10:56 AM

Excerpts :

"There should be no surprises in the latest 1News poll, released yesterday, that shows support for the coalition has slumped. No surprises here because the Media Party has been on the attack since the Government was formed, hostile to everything because their preferred parties were rinsed in the election.

TV News was gleeful, headlining that if an election were held today the Government would be out. Thankfully an election won’t be held today. But the Government does need to wake up.

Christopher Luxon has tried to be all things to all people, being weak and woke at the same time. Given a choice between Labour or Labour-lite, people would choose Labour.

Steady as she goes. There is a warning here though. National will have to start doing things, rather than doing the usual status quo rubbish they are prone to do when in power.

Right now the best tactic for the Government would be to starve the media of revenue from government advertising."

The BFD a good perspective. 🤣🤣🤣
Perspective & BFD / Blubber Oil in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
Hasn't Slater gone broke again?

The 'perspective' doesn't explain NZFs or even more acute ACT's fall in the polls. It's far more telling than National's small oscillation.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 11:45 AM

Excerpts :

Communication is key. A bit of a challenge when you are moving at pace, but when people see constant negative 'news' and the government is not clear on exactly what they are cutting, and how people can be assurd that their services they need will still be there... the info vacuum can get people thinking worst case scenario.

Wheras I think there is nothing really to see until the Budget is announced.

RTM
30-04-2024, 01:01 PM
Communication is key. A bit of a challenge when you are moving at pace, but when people see constant negative 'news' and the government is not clear on exactly what they are cutting, and how people can be assurd that their services they need will still be there... the info vacuum can get people thinking worst case scenario.

Wheras I think there is nothing really to see until the Budget is announced.

Oh there's plenty to see in terms of staff cuts. The big question is whether you consider that good or bad news.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 01:15 PM
Oh there's plenty to see in terms of staff cuts. The big question is whether you consider that good or bad news.

They have certainly given numbers on the number of people getting the sack at the various ministries, as well as overall dollar amounts of savings.

But I dont really know what those roles are, and what it means in terms of executing the fundamental purpose of each organisation etc.

It 'sounds like' a lot of these roles are just not necessary, and the current govt believes they can reduce headcount, save cash and refocus the remaining resources. That sounds good and prudent to me.

But MSM paint a different picture, and give the impression that the job cuts/cost savings translate to a reduction in quality and quantity of service/care as a result. Govt reducing services left, right and centre so they can give tax cuts.

This is where communication from the current govt is more important than ever. They are in an environment where they are forced to make some really tough decisions to try and steady the ship as a start while also dealing with a hostile media.

And if anyone still doesn't think the MSM is hostile to the current govt, please go back and watch the 11 minute hysterical presentation on 1 News by Maiki Sherman on the recent poll. They dedicated damn near 20% of their show to Maiki all but dancing the Commala on stage.

causecelebre
30-04-2024, 01:57 PM

I'd love to see that. However, could you imagine? Ironically, the MSM would then cry foul that the govt is now interfering in the fourth estate

Daytr
30-04-2024, 02:12 PM
It's one station not all of MSM.
Honestly what a bunch of nutbars we have on here. MSM this, MSM that.
Go back to your bunker and seal the lid!

Balance
30-04-2024, 02:38 PM
I'd love to see that. However, could you imagine? Ironically, the MSM would then cry foul that the govt is now interfering in the fourth estate

But okay for them to receive bribe money in return for blindly supporting Labour's racist policies and kissing Ardern's arse.

causecelebre
30-04-2024, 02:54 PM
But okay for them to receive bribe money in return for blindly supporting Labour's racist policies and kissing Ardern's arse.

Exactly, hypocrites. That PIJF.....

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 03:06 PM

They know it would be bl00dy cheeky to ask the current govt for any favours given the hostility etc. Won't stop them, but they do know it is cheeky.

Perhaps their aim is to try to inflict as much damage as they can in the hope voters will install Labour again and the gravy train can continue.

National/ACT/NZF just need to make sure that they do start showing some tangible results in the months following the budget. The proof will always be in the pudding.

Was watching some of the debate in parliament earlier. Good for a bit of a giggle.

Was hilarious watching Marama try quiz the PM. Such lazy questions about fast track legislation, and she didn't seem to understand that a supplementary question does in fact need to relate to the primary question :t_up: Nor did she understand that no organisation has gone the fast track process yet, so any questions about potential conflict of interest are moot at this point.

Hipkins tried to do a few points of order to bail her out, but just looked like a muppet as usual.

I never hear about any of this stuff from Maiki for some reason. Hmmmmmn.

Baldy did well I think, he is getting better as his experience grows.

RTM
30-04-2024, 04:02 PM
They have certainly given numbers on the number of people getting the sack at the various ministries, as well as overall dollar amounts of savings.

But I dont really know what those roles are, and what it means in terms of executing the fundamental purpose of each organisation etc.

It 'sounds like' a lot of these roles are just not necessary, and the current govt believes they can reduce headcount, save cash and refocus the remaining resources. That sounds good and prudent to me.

But MSM paint a different picture, and give the impression that the job cuts/cost savings translate to a reduction in quality and quantity of service/care as a result. Govt reducing services left, right and centre so they can give tax cuts.

This is where communication from the current govt is more important than ever. They are in an environment where they are forced to make some really tough decisions to try and steady the ship as a start while also dealing with a hostile media.

And if anyone still doesn't think the MSM is hostile to the current govt, please go back and watch the 11 minute hysterical presentation on 1 News by Maiki Sherman on the recent poll. They dedicated damn near 20% of their show to Maiki all but dancing the Commala on stage.

Thats a great summary, especially last paragraph.

But I wouldn't want them to spend an undue amount of time on comms at this stage. It's a no win. They need to push on, get stuff done and working more efficiently. They will be judged on results, and they have about thirty months to achieve those results. And another point..unrelated, a three year term is hopeless, especially when there is a change of government. Should by 5 years for the first term when the government changes, reverting to 3 thereafter.

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 04:15 PM
Thats a great summary, especially last paragraph.

But I wouldn't want them to spend an undue amount of time on comms at this stage. It's a no win. They need to push on, get stuff done and working more efficiently. They will be judged on results, and they have about thirty months to achieve those results. And another point..unrelated, a three year term is hopeless, especially when there is a change of government. Should by 5 years for the first term when the government changes, reverting to 3 thereafter.

Yeah, a balancing act for sure in terms of enough comms to take the people on the journey versus spending so much time trying to comms everything that you lose focus and fail to actuall deliver.

As per Parliamentary term... I think someone once said that three years is nowhere near long enough for a good government, but far too long for a bad one!

Careful what you wish for...

Under a 5 year Parliamentary term we may have ended up with 10 years of Labour and we would 100% be bankrpupt by the time they eventually got the boot :t_up:

RTM
30-04-2024, 05:09 PM
Yeah, a balancing act for sure in terms of enough comms to take the people on the journey versus spending so much time trying to comms everything that you lose focus and fail to actuall deliver.

As per Parliamentary term... I think someone once said that three years is nowhere near long enough for a good government, but far too long for a bad one!

Careful what you wish for...

Under a 5 year Parliamentary term we may have ended up with 10 years of Labour and we would 100% be bankrpupt by the time they eventually got the boot :t_up:

Nah....5+3 = 8
Just an extension for the first term. 3 is not long enough to turn the ship around.

nztx
30-04-2024, 05:16 PM
Nah....5+3 = 8
Just an extension for the first term. 3 is not long enough to turn the ship around.

Just look at Labour's 2 x 3 for ripping success of sorts ;)

Given any longer they would probably have the legs coming off the Parliamentary chairs & tables for firewood ..

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 05:27 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/pay-day-for-mps-pm-christopher-luxon-to-get-50k-more-in-rolling-pay-rises-for-mps-under-remuneration-authority-decision/T7GYL7JH5ZHMTNHT6LJ5ZQTILM/

Luxon having to front foot this and confirm he will donate his pay raise to charity to ensure the hostile MSM do not become hysterical again.

Sometimes I do think we collectively deserve the state of the country we live in.

We can be so short sighted. So typically tall poppy. And the MSM Opposition Party love to rark us up.

Bjauck
30-04-2024, 05:46 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/pay-day-for-mps-pm-christopher-luxon-to-get-50k-more-in-rolling-pay-rises-for-mps-under-remuneration-authority-decision/T7GYL7JH5ZHMTNHT6LJ5ZQTILM/

Luxon having to front foot this and confirm he will donate his pay raise to charity to ensure the hostile MSM do not become hysterical again.

Sometimes I do think we collectively deserve the state of the country we live in.

We can be so short sighted. So typically tall poppy. And the MSM Opposition Party love to rark us up.
Traditionally socialists were in favour of a well paid Prime Minister. In days gone by the Prime Minister got a pittance and you had to be independently wealthy from either capitalism or an inheritance to be able to afford to be a PM or even an MP!

Daytr
30-04-2024, 05:50 PM

Well you are the first one to get hysterical about it so far.

It's an independent decision & good on Luxon for donating his pay rise to charity.

MSM ? Be specific.

RTM
30-04-2024, 05:50 PM

Seems you are the odd one out Daytr....amazing eh !

Media Insider: TVNZ political poll coverage - PM, former Labour MP criticise political editor’s report; broadcaster dealing with 50 formal complaints

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/media-insider-tvnz-political-poll-coverage-pm-former-labour-mp-criticise-political-editors-report-broadcaster-dealing-with-50-formal-complaints/O7ISTN6DHZC6VOHSQMWCRAZZMI/

Daytr
30-04-2024, 06:12 PM

Media Insider: TVNZ political poll coverage - PM, former Labour MP criticise political editor’s report; broadcaster dealing with 50 formal complaints

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/media-insider-tvnz-political-poll-coverage-pm-former-labour-mp-criticise-political-editors-report-broadcaster-dealing-with-50-formal-complaints/O7ISTN6DHZC6VOHSQMWCRAZZMI/

50 right wingers are upset. 😅
And people complain about MSM. Where is reported? MSM 🙄

As I said before 11 minutes did seem to be a quite an exaggerated time to report on such an issue.

iceman
30-04-2024, 06:17 PM
The media should bury the polls in favour of clips of applauding happy crowds showing up whenever our courageous PM Luxon appears.

Or possibly some stories on issues that are real such as our economy, what inflation is doing to harm us all, or lo & behold, send a reporter out into regional New Zealand and find out what is good or bad in their lives today.

Could even report on the hundreds of millions of dollars extortions from Ngai Tahu regarding power projects in the South Island or how Far North Iwi have destroyed the mussel spat industry and stifled the green lip mussel industry all over NZ as a result.

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 06:27 PM
Or possibly some stories on issues that are real such as our economy, what inflation is doing to harm us all, or lo & behold, send a reporter out into regional New Zealand and find out what is good or bad in their lives today.

Could even report on the hundreds of millions of dollars extortions from Ngai Tahu regarding power projects in the South Island or how Far North Iwi have destroyed the mussel spat industry and stifled the green lip mussel industry all over NZ as a result.

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it.

Great. How is it funded?

mistaTea
30-04-2024, 06:32 PM

Former Labour MP Stuart Nash told Newstalk ZB’s Heather du Plessis-Allan today: “I thought the TV One reporting on it was absolutely shocking, if I’m honest with you.

“I thought the tone that they portrayed was the sort of tone you do three weeks out from an election, not two and a half years,” Nash said.

Two and a half years out from an election and there’s a big graphic on the TV saying Labour, Greens and Te Pāti Māori can form a government. What?

Balance
30-04-2024, 07:18 PM
Great. How is it funded?

Same way all the news items are funded. Matter of prioritising - something that woke leftists have no idea how to do. They think that money pours out from Ardern’s arse whenever she farts. Which of course it did for a while.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 07:21 PM
Same way all the news items are funded. Matter of prioritising - something that woke leftists have no idea how to do. They think that money pours out from Ardern’s arse whenever she farts. Which of course it did for a while.

Like selling your soul like the BFD or Whale Oil you reference? Paid for attack articles. What a disgrace.

News break for you. Ardern has gone. Keep up.

Balance
30-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Like selling your soul like the BFD or Whale Oil you reference? Paid for attack articles. What a disgrace.

Yes, you would like NZers to forget what happened in the last 6 years, wouldn’t you?

Well, rest assured it will not happen. :t_up:

Baa_Baa
30-04-2024, 07:58 PM

I think the MSM is in a full-on panic as advertising revenues dry up and shift to online media and not just that, but audiences who wouldn't connect with MSM online anyway. Observe the background fight to control big media (FB/Meta, Google, X, etc) via paid access to MSM.

MSM worldwide is a dying industry, just like people don't buy a newspaper anymore, fewer and fewer buy their MSM online content either, and advertising revenue that follows eyeballs is deserting them.

No sense imo for government to prop up media channels that cannot fend for themselves, I'm not keen on my taxes being used to fund ANY MSM, especially government owned or funded MSM.

nztx
30-04-2024, 11:32 PM

Would Chippie or Ardern have been seen giving away their pay increases to charities ? :)

nztx
30-04-2024, 11:35 PM

What ? .. like the last lot of Labour leaders did or were forced to do to even have a spot on the front bench ? ;)

And fed the media to keep the continuing trail of never ending pink tinged propaganda flowing ..

All those millions Labour tossed to the Media .. no wonder there are so many skrewed & buckling media outfits falling over and/or jettisoning staff left right & centre now ;)

What did they honestly think might eventuate when Labour's tossing unlimited pots of taxpayer Ca$h in all directions suddenly stopped ?

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Would Chippie or Ardern have been seen giving away their pay increases to charities ? :)

Nah, the MSM Opposition Party would not demand they donate any of their pay (just like they have not demanded Willie jackson et al donate their accomodation allowance). Because :

1. They like Labour
2. Labour was spending money on everyone, not cutting back to right size and be responsible
3. Unlike Luxon, Ardern and Hipkins have not had success in the private sector. To the MSM Opposition Party, if you are very rich and in the National Party then you are automatically on thin ice.

We all ultimately put up with this and so deserve the governments we get.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 07:41 AM

Adern froze politicians wages in 2018.
This is the first rise since then.
Keep up.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 07:51 AM
What ? .. like the last lot of Labour leaders did or were forced to do to even have a spot on the front bench ? ;)

And fed the media to keep the continuing trail of never ending pink tinged propaganda flowing ..

All those millions Labour tossed to the Media .. no wonder there are so many skrewed & buckling media outfits falling over and/or jettisoning staff left right & centre now ;)

What did they honestly think might eventuate when Labour's tossing unlimited pots of taxpayer Ca$h in all directions suddenly stopped ?

Comparing MSM to Whale Oil? 🤣🤣🤣
Cameron Slater is an absolute piece of crap who was paid to write attack articles targetting people personally, whether there was any truth to the matter or not.

Media received Government funding, which is not unusual. The conditions were in regards respecting Te Tiriti & coverage of Maori issues.
Why that triggers people so much is interesting and says a lot about them than anything else.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 08:33 AM
Adern froze politicians wages in 2018.
This is the first rise since then.
Keep up.

What has that got to do with the price of fish?

He raised a good point.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 08:36 AM
Media received Government funding, which is not unusual. The conditions were in regards respecting Te Tiriti & coverage of Maori issues.
Why that triggers people so much is interesting and says a lot about them than anything else.

The Maori conditions are just one aspect.

The bigger issue is the perceived bias and soft-ball questioning by journos on the previous govt. Contrast to the stiff opposition the media have put up to literally everything the new govt has done since being elected.

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 09:01 AM
There should never be any conditions aside from a basic scope/intent/ring fencing.

Bjauck
01-05-2024, 09:01 AM

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it. It Would be great for all the above to be reported.

However we are too busy watching cat clips and someone with a strong opinion spouting entertaining but uncorroborated and unverified nonsense to watch and support wide ranging “News” satisfying a wide range of people.

Balance
01-05-2024, 09:04 AM
It Would be great for all the above to be reported.

However we are too busy watching cat clips and someone with a strong opinion spouting entertaining but uncorroborated and unverified nonsense to watch and support wide ranging “News” satisfying a wide range of people.

Speak and write for yourself.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 09:06 AM
What has that got to do with the price of fish?

He raised a good point.

Tell me you are actually smarter than this?
I'm not convinced.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 09:08 AM
Tell me you are actually smarter than this?
I'm not convinced.

This is why you must hush.

Balance
01-05-2024, 09:11 AM
Comparing MSM to Whale Oil? ������
Cameron Slater is an absolute piece of crap who was paid to write attack articles targetting people personally, whether there was any truth to the matter or not.

Best you keep to your ‘one source of truth’ from the ‘most transparent government ever’.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 09:17 AM
The Maori conditions are just one aspect.

The bigger issue is the perceived bias and soft-ball questioning by journos on the previous govt. Contrast to the stiff opposition the media have put up to literally everything the new govt has done since being elected.

Perceived not reality.
If you want to hear soft-ball questioning just listen to Hopkins interviewing Luxon or Bridges compared to how he interviewed Ardern.

Both Stuff & NZH have right & left wing contributors.

As I said, it's not unusual for Governments to assist the media with funding.

Journalism on average probably does attract more lefties than rightcysts, as many are wannabe or actual writers and the arts is generally more left than right. But the funding doesn't impact that, it's just a reality.

Whereas shock jocks with plenty to say normally with little foundation, but pander to their adoring audience who only want to hear what they want to hear, are virtually all rightcysts.

I find it amusing that MSM is continually accused of left bias when the alternative doesn't even bother to hide their overt promotion of the right. Think of Hopkins, his wife, Plunkett & Williams to name a few.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 09:21 AM
There should never be any conditions aside from a basic scope/intent/ring fencing.

Virtually all funding applications from any organization have conditions.
This is not unusual.

For those who don't want to read about issues concerning Maori, then don't read it.
But to complain issues & news pertaining to Maori is getting coverage says only one thing about the complainant.

ynot
01-05-2024, 09:24 AM
I find it amusing that MSM is continually accused of left bias when the alternative doesn't even bother to hide their overt promotion of the right. Think of Hopkins, his wife, Plunkett & Williams to name a few.

Those you named are a drop in the ocean conmpared to the weight TV1 commands, and you know that only too well.
You are full of "it" Daytr.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 09:26 AM
Perceived not reality.
If you want to hear soft-ball questioning just listen to Hopkins interviewing Luxon or Bridges compared to how he interviewed Ardern.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Hosko is not biased lol.

He has grilled National MP's too though, let's not be unfair to him.

But he is catering to a conservative view, and of all the media he has done well as he provides an alternative to the usual left wing stuff in most of the other outlets.

Guys like Mike would not be nearly as successful if the wider 'MSM' was not so woke.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 09:27 AM
You are full of "it" Daytr.

Hear Hear!

Bjauck
01-05-2024, 09:28 AM

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it. I don’t know what you mean by News Media as I don’t know from where you get your news. However how would you amend this article on Mussel Spat from December 2022.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/new-research-reveals-where-northlands-mussel-spat-comes-from-on-ninety-mile-beach/AIZEE2S4IVAPHNN2ARHD2NSOCA/

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 09:32 AM
I find it amusing that MSM is continually accused of left bias

Media Bias Exposed (https://www.bassettbrashandhide.com/post/david-farrar-media-bias-exposed#:~:text=New%20Zealand%20journalists%20were %20also,10%25%20of%20the%20adult%20population.)

Public Rating of Media Political Leanings (https://thefacts.nz/other/political-leanings-media/)

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 09:34 AM
Virtually all funding applications from any organization have conditions.
This is not unusual.

For those who don't want to read about issues concerning Maori, then don't read it.
But to complain issues & news pertaining to Maori is getting coverage says only one thing about the complainant.

No - we are specifically talking about government funding for the media.

I figure this is common sense but a good summary -

Why Fund Media?

Informed Citizens:
People need quality information to make informed decisions. Media provides in-depth analysis of political issues, keeping the public engaged in civic life.

Watchdog Role:
A strong media acts as a watchdog, holding governments accountable and exposing corruption. This strengthens democracy by ensuring transparency.

Diversity of Voices: Funding can help promote a variety of media outlets, representing different viewpoints. This fosters a healthy public discourse.

Considerations for Maintaining Independence

Funding with Firewalls: Government funding should come with clear rules to prevent editorial influence. Independent boards could allocate funds based on pre-determined criteria.

Multiple Funding Sources: Media outlets shouldn't rely solely on government money. Subscriptions, advertising (with regulations to prevent undue influence), and donations can create a funding mix.

Transparency and Accountability: Media outlets should be transparent about their funding sources, allowing public scrutiny.

Challenges and Considerations

Fake News and Bias: There's a growing concern about misinformation and biased reporting. Funding could come with fact-checking initiatives and promoting media literacy.

Concentrated Media Ownership: A few corporations controlling a large share of media can stifle diverse voices. Policies promoting media ownership diversity can be helpful.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 09:40 AM

Why Fund Media?

Informed Citizens:
People need quality information to make informed decisions. Media provides in-depth analysis of political issues, keeping the public engaged in civic life.

Watchdog Role:
A strong media acts as a watchdog, holding governments accountable and exposing corruption. This strengthens democracy by ensuring transparency.

Diversity of Voices: Funding can help promote a variety of media outlets, representing different viewpoints. This fosters a healthy public discourse.

Funding with Firewalls: Government funding should come with clear rules to prevent editorial influence. Independent boards could allocate funds based on pre-determined criteria.

Multiple Funding Sources: Media outlets shouldn't rely solely on government money. Subscriptions, advertising (with regulations to prevent undue influence), and donations can create a funding mix.

Transparency and Accountability: Media outlets should be transparent about their funding sources, allowing public scrutiny.

Fake News and Bias: There's a growing concern about misinformation and biased reporting. Funding could come with fact-checking initiatives and promoting media literacy.

Concentrated Media Ownership: A few corporations controlling a large share of media can stifle diverse voices. Policies promoting media ownership diversity can be helpful.

Interesting you didn't highlight 'Diversity of Voices'.
This is where the Maori coverage condition would come under.

Thanks.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 09:56 AM
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Hosko is not biased lol.

He has grilled National MP's too though, let's not be unfair to him.

But he is catering to a conservative view, and of all the media he has done well as he provides an alternative to the usual left wing stuff in most of the other outlets.

Guys like Mike would not be nearly as successful if the wider 'MSM' was not so woke.

No, but they complain about MSM bias but no complaint about Hopkins and the like.
The silence is deafening.

Rodney Hyde - left wing?
Paula Bennett?
Simon Bridges?
Roger Douglas?
Richard Prebble?
Steven Joyce?

I could list at least a dozen right wing contributors to MSM outlets.
Pretty amasing these biased MSM outlets pay rightcysts to contribute to their publications...
So biased. 🙄

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 09:57 AM
I haven't mentioned the word Maori once.

I'm really surprised you can't see the issue here. Governments or members of a govt providing money/funding to influence voices being raised or lowered are equally terrible.
I don't mind seeing Maori, Pacific, Asian, etc... views in the news and media but all views need to be exposed to and open to criticism as well.

The bias and particular topic is the current govt, you've been very clear about your opinion on keeping to the topic of the thread. The Maiki Sherman bit was a drastically obvious lowering of standard I'd expect from TVNZ.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 10:03 AM
I haven't mentioned the word Maori once.

I'm really surprised you can't see the issue here. Governments or members of a govt providing money/funding to influence voices being raised or lowered are equally terrible.
I don't mind seeing Maori, Pacific, Asian, etc... views in the news and media but all views need to be exposed to and open to criticism as well.

The bias and particular topic is the current govt, you've been very clear about your opinion on keeping to the topic of the thread. The Maiki Sherman bit was a drastically obvious lowering of standard I'd expect from TVNZ.

Well you mentioned conditions attached to funding. The main conditions were around Maori issues.

Government funding of media is not new. In fact growing up all our TV was Government funded.

So why is their suddenly a bias created by the Labour Government continuing what has been done in the past?

RTM
01-05-2024, 10:04 AM

You shouldn't be TGB. He/she couldn't even grasp that Maiki was over the top. That really shows something is lacking.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 10:15 AM
You shouldn't be TGB. He/she couldn't even grasp that Maiki was over the top. That really shows something is lacking.

I said it was overly long.
I suspect there is a reaction by some in the media to the coalition.
But that's what happens when you or your colleagues are threatened.
Winston Peters stepped well over the mark and it was completely unprofessional as the Deputy PM. We don't want Trump style antics of insulting or threatening anyone who we don't agree with here.

So yep I can accept there was probably an overreaction from one media source, but not all of MSM. And that just proves they are human.

What I do know is that the reaction on here to the piece more than matched any claimed hysteria by TVNZ.

But RTM keep think you know what I think... 🙄

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 10:29 AM
Well you mentioned conditions attached to funding. The main conditions were around Maori issues.

Government funding of media is not new. In fact growing up all our TV was Government funded.

So why is their suddenly a bias created by the Labour Government continuing what has been done in the past?

Easy - setting conditions of what content needs to be promoted is a clear violation of editorial independence.
The conditions of media funding in the past has been commercial agreement guide rails - ie you must use this funding to undertake the work of an independent news media outlet, you must attribute a breakdown of how the funding was spent to provide transparency for the spending.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 10:32 AM
Easy - setting conditions of what content needs to be promoted is a clear violation of editorial independence.
The conditions of media funding in the past has been commercial agreement guide rails - ie you must use this funding to undertake the work of an independent news media outlet, you must attribute a breakdown of how the funding was spent to provide transparency for the spending.

So as I suspected it is the Maori related conditions that you object to. If not, what conditions are you referring to?

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 10:37 AM
No - I don't have any issue with the fact it's Maori.
The problem is that there ARE conditions, not the flavour.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 10:46 AM

Well as you presented, diversity coverage is a typical condition.

The condition doesn't dictate the tone or opinion, just that there is coverage of Maori issues.

And as mentioned twice now, all funding has conditions. It's nothing new.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 10:49 AM
The condition doesn't dictate the tone or opinion, just that there is coverage of Maori issues.

Delusional.

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 10:54 AM
No - I didn't present that.
Funding can help promote - that very clearly indicates that while not set as a condition it is possible that a well funded media can promote a wide variety of views. I said and nothing I posted said it MUST or that it SHOULD.
By all means if a media outlet wishes to promote that content because it's seen as pertinant, relevant and within wider publics interest.

Maybe you are getting confused with countries that do think it's ok for governments to influence their media? You know the ones? the ones we are very lucky not to live in?

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 11:00 AM

A refresh on what those conditions (obligations) were for media to conform to in order to obtain PIJF funding. Some of these conditions are extraordinary and have been severely criticised ever since.

https://d3r9t6niqlb7tz.cloudfront.net/media/documents/220221_PIJF_General_Guidelines_updated.pdf

iceman
01-05-2024, 11:22 AM
I don’t know what you mean by News Media as I don’t know from where you get your news. However how would you amend this article on Mussel Spat from December 2022.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/news/new-research-reveals-where-northlands-mussel-spat-comes-from-on-ninety-mile-beach/AIZEE2S4IVAPHNN2ARHD2NSOCA/

Something along these lines for example:

In the Far North, the flow-on effect of the unlawful actions of local iwi are now threatening the mussel farming industry.

Every year between August and November – the breeding season for green-lipped mussels – seaweed covered in mussel spat is dislodged by rough seas and washed ashore. Once beached, the spat dies, so commercial harvesters scoop up the seaweed from shallow water, load it into refrigerated trucks and transport it to mussel farms all around the country.

The spat is then farmed for up to two more years, before the fully grown mussels are exported to more than 70 countries around the world.

Such is the global demand for green-lipped mussels, that this $350 million industry with 2,500 jobs, has the potential to become a $1 billion enterprise.

Mussel spat has been harvested from 90 Mile Beach since the ’70s. The mechanical harvesters that have been used for decades are essentially raised tractors with scoops and wide tyres.

The number of spat harvesters is strictly controlled by the quota management system, and the collection methods follow a long-established code of conduct set by Aquaculture New Zealand that requires the mechanical harvesters to avoid shellfish beds, limit time on the beach, and steer clear of areas of high public and cultural importance.

But in 2019, local iwi decided to disrupt the industry.

Without proof they claimed mechanical harvesting was damaging toheroa beds and leading to a decline in numbers.

This is at odds with NIWA research from 2007 that showed the impact of mechanical harvesting on the toheroa beds was minimal. This was later confirmed by Fisheries New Zealand research in 2020.

In 2015 a Waikato University report on the decline of toheroa identified poaching as the problem: “Illegal harvesting of toheroa is widespread and frequent. The customary take is probably out of control in some places… Based on our recent observations in Northland, illegal harvesting of ‘protected’ toheroa is widespread, frequent and has in some cases resulted in the reduction and disappearance of adult toheroa beds.”

The iwi, however, pointed their finger at mussel spat collectors. To avoid conflict, the industry agreed to hand harvesting in the area of concern – where most of the spat lands. As a result, collectors with butterfly-style nets are forced to battle heavy surf as they attempt to scoop up the seaweed. It is difficult and dangerous work that is severely limiting their harvest to only a fraction of what’s needed to sustain the domestic mussel industry.

The flow-on effect is that mussel lines are operating at less than capacity and employment numbers are down. The industry is being held to ransom, starved of its major resource because of fabricated claims being made by Far North iwi.

Is this situation a foretaste of what’s in store once iwi control the coast?

There is talk that the disruption is part of a long-term strategy by iwi to gain control of spat supply.

Iwi already control marine mammal watching operations. By choking off the supply of spat, are they angling for control of mussel farming as well?

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 01:11 PM
A refresh on what those conditions (obligations) were for media to conform to in order to obtain PIJF funding. Some of these conditions are extraordinary and have been severely criticised ever since.

https://d3r9t6niqlb7tz.cloudfront.net/media/documents/220221_PIJF_General_Guidelines_updated.pdf

For news outlets that receive funding from the Public Interest Journalism Fund (PIJF), obligations related to the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) are specifically emphasized to ensure the funded content reflects New Zealand's commitment to its bicultural foundation. Here are the detailed conditions and obligations:

1. **Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi:** Applicants must show a clear and observable commitment or intent to uphold the principles of the Treaty. This includes respecting and promoting Māori as Te Tiriti partners, which should enhance public interest journalism through stronger Māori representation and greater bi-cultural collaboration within the journalism sector.

2. **Māori and Iwi Journalism Support:** The fund prioritizes and promotes journalism that is made by, for, and about Māori, focusing on Māori perspectives, issues, and interests. This includes creating a platform for Māori voices and representation on all relevant issues at local, national, and international levels.

3. **Promotion of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori:** Funded projects are encouraged to include content that supports the revitalization and use of Te Reo Māori and adheres to Tikanga Māori, reflecting the cultural heritage and current priorities of Māori communities.

4. **Support for Māori Capacity Building:** The fund encourages projects that contribute to the development of the Māori journalism workforce, including training, cadetships, and internships specifically tailored to Māori journalists.

5. **Cultural and Spiritual Sensitivity:** Projects must handle cultural and spiritual elements with care, particularly when these aspects are central to the content being produced. This includes proper management of language use, correct pronunciation, and cultural advising throughout the production process.

6. **Collaboration with Māori Entities:** Where possible, collaborations with Māori media entities or organizations are encouraged to ensure that the content is authentically engaging with Māori perspectives and that these collaborations contribute to the broader objectives of the fund in supporting an equitable media landscape.

These obligations are part of the broader goals of the PIJF to ensure that public interest journalism serves as a vehicle for all communities in New Zealand, particularly recognizing and integrating the unique status of Māori as partners under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The conditions help ensure that the funded journalism not only adheres to high standards of accuracy and integrity but also actively supports the principles of partnership, participation, and protection under the Treaty, thereby contributing to a well-informed and culturally inclusive public discourse.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 01:34 PM

Why Fund Media?

Informed Citizens:

Watchdog Role:

No - I didn't present that.
Funding can help promote - that very clearly indicates that while not set as a condition it is possible that a well funded media can promote a wide variety of views. I said and nothing I posted said it MUST or that it SHOULD.
By all means if a media outlet wishes to promote that content because it's seen as pertinant, relevant and within wider publics interest.

Maybe you are getting confused with countries that do think it's ok for governments to influence their media? You know the ones? the ones we are very lucky not to live in?

You posted this, it's what I referred to as you presented. These are conditions.
There were plenty of conditions such as what the money can be used for.

How are they influencing what they say?
The condition outlined it must include Maori coverage of Maori issues and organizations must respect te Tiriti.
There were also stipulations about coverage of regional news.

Rather than me assuming, what specifically do you think the Government was influencing the media on?

Daytr
01-05-2024, 01:40 PM
For news outlets that receive funding from the Public Interest Journalism Fund (PIJF), obligations related to the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) are specifically emphasized to ensure the funded content reflects New Zealand's commitment to its bicultural foundation. Here are the detailed conditions and obligations:

1. **Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi:** Applicants must show a clear and observable commitment or intent to uphold the principles of the Treaty. This includes respecting and promoting Māori as Te Tiriti partners, which should enhance public interest journalism through stronger Māori representation and greater bi-cultural collaboration within the journalism sector.

2. **Māori and Iwi Journalism Support:** The fund prioritizes and promotes journalism that is made by, for, and about Māori, focusing on Māori perspectives, issues, and interests. This includes creating a platform for Māori voices and representation on all relevant issues at local, national, and international levels.

3. **Promotion of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori:** Funded projects are encouraged to include content that supports the revitalization and use of Te Reo Māori and adheres to Tikanga Māori, reflecting the cultural heritage and current priorities of Māori communities.

4. **Support for Māori Capacity Building:** The fund encourages projects that contribute to the development of the Māori journalism workforce, including training, cadetships, and internships specifically tailored to Māori journalists.

5. **Cultural and Spiritual Sensitivity:** Projects must handle cultural and spiritual elements with care, particularly when these aspects are central to the content being produced. This includes proper management of language use, correct pronunciation, and cultural advising throughout the production process.

6. **Collaboration with Māori Entities:** Where possible, collaborations with Māori media entities or organizations are encouraged to ensure that the content is authentically engaging with Māori perspectives and that these collaborations contribute to the broader objectives of the fund in supporting an equitable media landscape.

These obligations are part of the broader goals of the PIJF to ensure that public interest journalism serves as a vehicle for all communities in New Zealand, particularly recognizing and integrating the unique status of Māori as partners under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The conditions help ensure that the funded journalism not only adheres to high standards of accuracy and integrity but also actively supports the principles of partnership, participation, and protection under the Treaty, thereby contributing to a well-informed and culturally inclusive public discourse.

And what is wrong with any of that?
Don't worry Don Brash & his ilk will still get plenty of coverage.

thegreatestben
01-05-2024, 01:42 PM
I have had my two cents, I think my point is clear. I think it's also clear you disagree.
That's ok, I don't want to change your mind. I thought maybe you'd appreciate someone giving you respectful responses but you keep dragging race into the conversation.

I know when I'm wasting my time - I spent enough of it while being paid by the tax payer as a public servant under similar "conditions".

Daytr
01-05-2024, 01:58 PM
I have had my two cents, I think my point is clear. I think it's also clear you disagree.
That's ok, I don't want to change your mind. I thought maybe you'd appreciate someone giving you respectful responses but you keep dragging race into the conversation.

I know when I'm wasting my time - I spent enough of it while being paid by the tax payer as a public servant under similar "conditions".

I do actually respect the way you engaged & it stood out from most on here.

It's OK to agree to disagree.
What I couldn't understand is that there always is & has been conditions attached to funding of this sort. So nothing changed other than what the conditions include.

Anyway have a good one.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 02:20 PM
And what is wrong with any of that?
Don't worry Don Brash & his ilk will still get plenty of coverage.

“You are in financial distress, and you can have some taxpayer money. We will bail you out… but only if you use the cash to prioritise Maori content, preferably made by Maori journalists, and written with as much te reo as possible”

I can’t imagine why the non-Maori majority would see anything wrong with that.

winner69
01-05-2024, 02:21 PM
Proudly displaying their respective IQs

Balance
01-05-2024, 02:25 PM
“You are in financial distress, and you can have some taxpayer money. We will bail you out… but only if you use the cash to prioritise Maori content, preferably made by Maori journalists, and written with as much te reo as possible”

https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/09/the-bribing-of-the-new-zealand-media/

To use the word corruption is unchallengeable, when any government pays media outlets to propagandise the public — with the same outlets untruthfully claiming to be independent and trustworthy — while basically being bribed to follow a far-Left agenda. That this should happen in not (quite yet) a totalitarian régime, but in what was once thought of as a democracy, with a free press, is quite staggering.

Ardern’s government is blatantly taking over the media, an important part of any plan to destroy a democracy. It is more than shameful for those at the top of media management to be accepting these bribes, with the inevitable resulting pressure on all journalists to conform. It is to the great credit of those few who are increasingly reluctant to do so –- but who are now at risk of losing their livelihoods.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 02:29 PM
Proudly displaying their respective IQs

Haha!

Well, if I could get half as wealthy as either of them I wouldn’t mind having the same IQ.

winner69
01-05-2024, 02:34 PM
Haha!

Well, if I could get a half as wealthy as either of them I wouldn’t mind having the same IQ.

Ha ha

Luxon’s social média team getting desperate ..apparently 7 of them

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 02:43 PM
Ha ha

Luxon’s social média team getting desperate ..apparently 7 of them

Come on, just a quiet bromance in Luxon’s luxury apartment since Premier House is confirmed as the sh1ttiest State House in the land.

I am jelly I never get invited to Chris’ pad.

Balance
01-05-2024, 03:03 PM
Haha!

Well, if I could get half as wealthy as either of them I wouldn’t mind having the same IQ.

Two of them have created more wealth in their time in the private sector than the Labpur government in the last 6 years!

Daytr
01-05-2024, 03:13 PM

Thats a very liberal interpretation.
The $55m wasn't dictated to be all spent on Maori issues etc. But to participate they had to agree to support coverage of Maori issues and Maori journalism etc.

You don't speak for the non Maori vote. In fact you probably only speak for mostly the ACT & NZF voters a minority about the same size as the Green vote.

I know many National voters who supported the Government push to support Maori culture & coverage etc & then you have the Green & Labour vote.

Labour overstepped or was trying to in regards Maori power, the Labour Maori Caucus push for their interpretation of co-governance etc. And the same people who support the revitalization of Maori culture I mentioned, were anti this as it being anti democratic. And I agree, the secrative agenda that was exposed was definitely pushing for what I would deem an undemocratic power shift. But that's separate to supporting the revitalization of Maori culture or coverage of it in the media.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 03:31 PM
Thats a very liberal interpretation.
The $55m wasn't dictated to be all spent on Maori issues etc. But to participate they had to agree to support coverage of Maori issues and Maori journalism etc.

You don't speak for the non Maori vote. In fact you probably only speak for mostly the ACT & NZF voters a minority about the same size as the Green vote.

I know many National voters who supported the Government push to support Maori culture & coverage etc & then you have the Green & Labour vote.

Labour overstepped or was trying to in regards Maori power, the Labour Maori Caucus push for their interpretation of co-governance etc. And the same people who support the revitalization of Maori culture I mentioned, were anti this as it being anti democratic. And I agree, the secrative agenda that was exposed was definitely pushing for what I would deem an undemocratic power shift. But that's separate to supporting the revitalization of Maori culture or coverage of it in the media.

You keep getting confused and conflating issues.

Nobody on here has said they are against efforts to revitalise and support Maori culture.

There are all sorts of initiatives that successive govts do to try restore mana.

It generally has broad support from the public.

We are talking about ramming through a pro-Maori obligation as part of a bribe to media who were (and still are) in a pretty desperate financial position.

The argument is that there should not be any of these types of conditions to receive the funding. And that these conditions have knock on effects.

For instance, the reporting on co-governance…there was no rigorous journalism and hard questions of the govt being asked about what it all actually means, how it fits within our overall democracy etc.

And one conclusion that is drawn is that they never grilled the govt on this because it is a Maori/TOW issue, and they just took a sack of cash on the provision they would proirotise and enhance Maori/TOW coverage.

You can see the issue, yeah?

ynot
01-05-2024, 03:39 PM

To use the word corruption is unchallengeable, when any government pays media outlets to propagandise the public — with the same outlets untruthfully claiming to be independent and trustworthy — while basically being bribed to follow a far-Left agenda. That this should happen in not (quite yet) a totalitarian régime, but in what was once thought of as a democracy, with a free press, is quite staggering.

Ardern’s government is blatantly taking over the media, an important part of any plan to destroy a democracy. It is more than shameful for those at the top of media management to be accepting these bribes, with the inevitable resulting pressure on all journalists to conform. It is to the great credit of those few who are increasingly reluctant to do so –- but who are now at risk of losing their livelihoods.

I have mentioned this previously but I can not believe I heard it. Arden in her hay day actually publicly stated she was applying "propaganda" to the people she was there to serve. I do not recall the exact context but she actually said it.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 03:46 PM
I have mentioned this previously but I can not believe I heard it. Arden in her hay day actually publicly stated she was applying "propaganda" to the people she was there to serve. I do not recall the exact context but she actually said it.

According to AI that is not true. Provide a link to the source or it didn’t happen.

Jacinda Ardern, the former Prime Minister of New Zealand, did not publicly state that she was using propaganda. There were allegations and discussions by some critics and in social media suggesting that her government used tactics akin to propaganda, especially in relation to the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, these are opinions and criticisms from various commentators and not statements made by Ardern herself.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 03:53 PM
You keep getting confused and conflating issues.

Nobody on here has said they are against efforts to revitalise and support Maori culture.

There are all sorts of initiatives that successive govts do to try restore mana.

It generally has broad support from the public.

We are talking about ramming through a pro-Maori obligation as part of a bribe to media who were (and still are) in a pretty desperate financial position.

The argument is that there should not be any of these types of conditions to receive the funding. And that these conditions have knock on effects.

For instance, the reporting on co-governance…there was no rigorous journalism and hard questions of the govt being asked about what it all actually means, how it fits within our overall democracy etc.

And one conclusion that is drawn is that they never grilled the govt on this because it is a Maori/TOW issue, and they just took a sack of cash on the provision they would proirotise and enhance Maori/TOW coverage.

You can see the issue, yeah?

I can see what you are saying, no confusion, it's been obvious what your interpretation is. None of the conditions outlined mandate what you have interpreted.

Coverage of Maori issues was not dictated as being 'pro Maori' what ever that means.

I saw plenty of opinion pieces reported on MSM that were against the Labour Maori Caucus's agenda

I saw coverage of Hobson Choice's agenda. So the funding didn't prevent a balance of views being reported.

And I disagree, there is a vocal minority that are very anti anything Maori.

causecelebre
01-05-2024, 04:05 PM
And I disagree, there is a vocal minority that are very anti anything Maori.

I'd suggest it's not anti-maori but anti-affirmative action. I believe the majority (as voted by the majority of NZ'ers at the last election) want a equal opportunities and democrat meritocracy rather than the race based systems the last government implemented

Ferg
01-05-2024, 04:11 PM
I'd suggest it's not anti-maori but anti-affirmative action. I believe the majority (as voted by the majority of NZ'ers at the last election) want a equal opportunities and democrat meritocracy rather than the race based systems the last government implemented

Hear hear. Talk to any South African and they will tell you NZ is (or was) heading down the same destructive path as SA where meritocracy was thrown out of the window.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 04:12 PM

Agree there was a push back against the Maori Caucus agenda as I have already stated and I was in agreement with.

Re the anti Maori, you only had to go to public meetings during the election campaign to here hisses & boos when any te reo was used. It's also on display on social media everyday. It's a minority as I said bur they are vocal to their embarrassment. Racism is alive & well in NZ like every country in the world.

Joshuatree
01-05-2024, 04:16 PM

My Gawd ,what a totally hateful,completely biased,seeping pus from a boil that is,sickening dishonest,full of lopsided distorted propoganda.
The Website just about as bad ,joined at the hip with Blubber Balance.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 04:30 PM
My Gawd ,what a totally hateful,completely biased,seeping pus from a boil that is,sickening dishonest,full of lopsided distorted propoganda.

Yeah I didn't even think it was worth responding to such one eyed rubbish.

ynot
01-05-2024, 05:12 PM

Don't pull the propaganda card, that is strictly Ardern's trump act.

jonu
01-05-2024, 05:46 PM

You might want to familiarise yourself with the proud history of The Spectator before you hiss and spit JT. It is unashamedly Conservative and has been since 1828, the oldest surviving weekly magazine in the world. It hasn't done so by resorting to your hysterical misrepresentations.

Daytr
01-05-2024, 06:01 PM
You might want to familiarise yourself with the proud history of The Spectator before you hiss and spit JT. It is unashamedly Conservative and has been since 1828, the oldest surviving weekly magazine in the world. It hasn't done so by resorting to your hysterical misrepresentations.

The Times is older so are several publications

So not are you factually incorrect (daily or weekly who cares) what is your point?
There are many publications that have an audience, that doesn't mean it's an unbiased publication.

Perhaps the key is obvious in its title. But hey that's just obvious to anyone that isn't in a rabbit warren.

Embarrassing post.

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 06:09 PM

This is what THEY say, note emphasis on 'weekly'. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-the-spectator-is-the-world-s-oldest-weekly-magazine/

Joshuatree
01-05-2024, 06:11 PM
Don't pull the propaganda card, that is strictly Ardern's trump act.
Jacinda much more attractive then T
rump,go to an optician:)
I warned you Baabaa,the wheels are coming off this Cannibal Collective already.The last thing this country needs is to be run by an ex CEO like an airline ,aggressively focused on profits above people.I don't think Luxon has a pilots licence,so why oh why does he think he can drive a country!? .
Winners.
Tobacco✓
Mining companies etc✓
Losers
The Environment X
Winners
Rental Owners,✓
Losers
Renters,highest ever rent now
Losers ,just about every state service j,many jobs going X

Tough on Crime lol X
Bootcamp. X Doesn't Work
Three Strikes X Doesn't Work

Police Supported X
Police leaving NZ for Aus ,not valued or given a reasonable payrise

Country being united X
Divided we become ✓

Prudent Tax Cuts in a time of Inflation X Big Fail Resign Nicola

To be continued.The people of NZ are realising how bad this Cannibal Collective really is and the honey moon is over ,quicker then a nighty off the bride.

ynot
01-05-2024, 06:26 PM
Jacinda much more attractive then T
rump,go to an optician:)
I warned you Baabaa,the wheels are coming off this Cannibal Collective already.The last thing this country needs is to be run by an ex CEO like an airline ,aggressively focused on profits above people.I don't think Luxon has a pilots licence,so why oh why does he think he can drive a country!? .
Winners.
Tobacco✓
Mining companies etc✓
Losers
The Environment X
Winners
Rental Owners,✓
Losers
Renters,highest ever rent now
Losers ,just about every state service j,many jobs going X

Tough on Crime lol X
Bootcamp. X Doesn't Work
Three Strikes X Doesn't Work

Police Supported X
Police leaving NZ for Aus ,not valued or given a reasonable payrise

Country being united X
Divided we become ✓

Prudent Tax Cuts in a time of Inflation X Big Fail Resign Nicola

To be continued.The people of NZ are realising how bad this Cannibal Collective really is and the honey moon is over ,quicker then a nighty off the bride.

Trump card is a card hand phrase. Nothing to do with Donald.
Regards wheels are coming off, you are truly deluded,just like the woke media.

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 06:31 PM
Trump card is a card hand phrase. Nothing to do with Donald.
Regards wheels are coming off, you are truly deluded,just like the woke media.

Haven't seen JT this unhinged since the 2017 election when they went off the deep end big time. Anyway, on ignore as adds nothing rationale to the conversation imo. Seems to have lost the plot again, maybe found a good batch of gin or pot, again.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 06:38 PM
Haven't seen JT this unhinged since the 2017 election when they went off the deep end big time. Anyway, on ignore as adds nothing rationale to the conversation imo. Seems to have lost the plot again, maybe found a good batch of gin or pot, again.

That last post from JT was about as hysterical as Maiki’s presentation of a political poll…two and a half years out from an election!

ynot
01-05-2024, 06:44 PM

Good point. He is woke beyond redemption. I have never blocked anyone in my 20 years here on ST but this fool is worthy.

nztx
01-05-2024, 06:49 PM
Two of them have created more wealth in their time in the private sector than the Labpur government in the last 6 years!

Seen the look on Chippy's dial on Tele tonight ? If less than a year of Labour's skewed version of Party Leader AI produces that - just imagine what 6 years would do ;)

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 07:06 PM
https://roymorgan-cms-prod.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/30044758/9523-NZ-National-Voting-Intention-April-2024-2.pdf

Roy Morgan poll a couple of days after the Verian poll.

Where is the sensational news coverage about this result?

Hmmmmn.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 07:09 PM
https://roymorgan-cms-prod.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/30044758/9523-NZ-National-Voting-Intention-April-2024-2.pdf

Hmmmmn.

Summary from the bot for those of us who can’t be bothered reading it all…

The document provides detailed results of the Roy Morgan New Zealand Poll for April 2024, highlighting voter preferences and trends in political support. It reveals a 10% lead for the National-led coalition (National, ACT, NZ First) over the opposition (Labour, Greens, Maori Party), with 53% vs. 43% support respectively. This represents a slight decrease for the coalition and an increase for the opposition compared to the previous month.

Support changes among the coalition are broken down as follows: National decreased by 1.5% to 36.5%, ACT by 0.5% to 11%, and NZ First by 1% to 5.5%. On the opposition side, Labour increased by 1.5% to 24.5%, Greens by 0.5% to 13%, and the Maori Party by 1.5% to 5.5%.

Gender and age group analyses show that men predominantly support the coalition, especially older men, while women, particularly younger women, favor the opposition. The document also discusses the Roy Morgan Government Confidence Rating, which increased by 4.5 points to 85.5 in April. This improvement follows a significant drop in March amidst a recession in New Zealand.

Additionally, the document covers seat projections based on current support levels, showing potential seat wins for each party if elections were held based on April's polling data. The document also notes demographic-specific political preferences and shifts in these trends over recent months.

blackcap
01-05-2024, 07:15 PM
Summary from the bot for those of us who can’t be bothered reading it all…

The document provides detailed results of the Roy Morgan New Zealand Poll for April 2024, highlighting voter preferences and trends in political support. It reveals a 10% lead for the National-led coalition (National, ACT, NZ First) over the opposition (Labour, Greens, Maori Party), with 53% vs. 43% support respectively. This represents a slight decrease for the coalition and an increase for the opposition compared to the previous month.

Support changes among the coalition are broken down as follows: National decreased by 1.5% to 36.5%, ACT by 0.5% to 11%, and NZ First by 1% to 5.5%. On the opposition side, Labour increased by 1.5% to 24.5%, Greens by 0.5% to 13%, and the Maori Party by 1.5% to 5.5%.

Gender and age group analyses show that men predominantly support the coalition, especially older men, while women, particularly younger women, favor the opposition. The document also discusses the Roy Morgan Government Confidence Rating, which increased by 4.5 points to 85.5 in April. This improvement follows a significant drop in March amidst a recession in New Zealand.

Additionally, the document covers seat projections based on current support levels, showing potential seat wins for each party if elections were held based on April's polling data. The document also notes demographic-specific political preferences and shifts in these trends over recent months.

At least the PIJF is doing its job....

I say the media (MSM) should be left to die. The sooner Luxon realises this the better. They are corrupt and contemptible.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 07:19 PM
At least the PIJF is doing its job....

I say the media (MSM) should be left to die. The sooner Luxon realises this the better. They are corrupt and contemptible.
Just turned on 1 News to see what the enemy has to say.

Going kaffir over unemployment rising to 4.3%. All the current governments fault because they are sacking people in the public service that are in unnecessary jobs. Cold hearted b@stards.

Small clips from the govt commenting but a huge focus on disgruntled trade union protestors.

I mean, 95.7% of us still have a job during this terrible economy. It could be worse, am I right?

Nothing about the Roy Morgan poll so far! Ha!

Panda-NZ-
01-05-2024, 07:46 PM
Jobless rate still has a way to go to return to the historic National party track record of 5%.

Bjauck
01-05-2024, 07:47 PM
QUOTE=iceman First off - very interesting and underlines the importance of getting the news from a range of sites. It sounds like a conflict between the local iwi and national interests is in no-one’s interests. Is there a Treaty of Waitangi issue involved?

Something along these lines for example:

In the Far North, the flow-on effect of the unlawful actions of local iwi are now threatening the mussel farming industry.
Allegedly unlawful actions unless you can cite a criminal conviction or civil judgment.

Every year between August and November – the breeding season for green-lipped mussels – seaweed covered in mussel spat is dislodged by rough seas and washed ashore. Once beached, the spat dies, so commercial harvesters scoop up the seaweed from shallow water, load it into refrigerated trucks and transport it to mussel farms all around the country.

The spat is then farmed for up to two more years, before the fully grown mussels are exported to more than 70 countries around the world.

Such is the global demand for green-lipped mussels, that this $350 million industry with 2,500 jobs, has the potential to become a $1 billion enterprise.

Mussel spat has been harvested from 90 Mile Beach since the ’70s. The mechanical harvesters that have been used for decades are essentially raised tractors with scoops and wide tyres.

The number of spat harvesters is strictly controlled by the quota management system, and the collection methods follow a long-established code of conduct set by Aquaculture New Zealand that requires the mechanical harvesters to avoid shellfish beds, limit time on the beach, and steer clear of areas of high public and cultural importance.

But in 2019, local iwi decided to disrupt the industry.

Without proof they claimed mechanical harvesting was damaging toheroa beds and leading to a decline in numbers.

This is at odds with NIWA research from 2007 that showed the impact of mechanical harvesting on the toheroa beds was minimal. This was later confirmed by Fisheries New Zealand research in 2020.

In 2015 a Waikato University report on the decline of toheroa identified poaching as the problem: “Illegal harvesting of toheroa is widespread and frequent. The customary take is probably out of control in some places… Based on our recent observations in Northland, illegal harvesting of ‘protected’ toheroa is widespread, frequent and has in some cases resulted in the reduction and disappearance of adult toheroa beds.”

The iwi, however, pointed their finger at mussel spat collectors. To avoid conflict, the industry agreed to hand harvesting in the area of concern – where most of the spat lands. As a result, collectors with butterfly-style nets are forced to battle heavy surf as they attempt to scoop up the seaweed. It is difficult and dangerous work that is severely limiting their harvest to only a fraction of what’s needed to sustain the domestic mussel industry.

The flow-on effect is that mussel lines are operating at less than capacity and employment numbers are down. The industry is being held to ransom, starved of its major resource because of fabricated claims being made by Far North iwi.

Is this situation a foretaste of what’s in store once iwi control the coast?

There is talk that the disruption is part of a long-term strategy by iwi to gain control of spat supply.

Iwi already control marine mammal watching operations. By choking off the supply of spat, are they angling for control of mussel farming as well?

Panda-NZ-
01-05-2024, 07:48 PM
Didn't they cut the minimum wage in real terms, to encourage jobs.

Where's all the cafe jobs at when you need them.

Three waiters are now needed to man one coffee machine.?

Bjauck
01-05-2024, 07:56 PM
Just turned on 1 News to see what the enemy has to say.

Going kaffir over unemployment rising to 4.3%. All the current governments fault because they are sacking people in the public service that are in unnecessary jobs. Cold hearted b@stards.

Small clips from the govt commenting but a huge focus on disgruntled trade union protestors.

I mean, 95.7% of us still have a job during this terrible economy. It could be worse, am I right?

Nothing about the Roy Morgan poll so far! Ha! Interesting post undone by an obnoxious phrase.

fungus pudding
01-05-2024, 08:01 PM
Interesting post undone by an obnoxious phrase.

Which phrase is obnoxious?

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 08:05 PM
Interesting post undone by an obnoxious phrase.

Value judgment.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 08:12 PM

Must have meant me referring to 1 News as the enemy!

Surely!

🤭

tim23
01-05-2024, 08:32 PM

Well the poll was 6 months from an election the one in 2023 - poor result for the coalition.

tim23
01-05-2024, 08:34 PM
Yes...I thought it was a dreadful bit of reporting. Leading the news, breaking news etc etc etc. And no acknowledgement of the fight NZ Inc is having to combat inflation at the moment. It went on and on and on...and really...it makes no difference at all. A poll some 30 months out from the next election. What a joke. Just confirms what I think about the news services in NZ. Dog tucker !
From experience opinion polls typically are the lead story and that’s not unreasonable.

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 09:14 PM

Hmmmmn.

Doesn't suit the left leaning media narrative bias.

Actually unbelievable that Maiki scored the lead political journo role on TVNZ when she is obviously a rabid lefty rejoicing in any and all hysterical responses to the possibilities that the right are under some pressure.

Pitiful really and no wonder TVNZ viewers are revolting, 50 at least complaints about her coverage which was wincing to watch. I wonder what she thinks about it when she watched the replay of herself showing journalistic bias in the extreme.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 09:21 PM
Doesn't suit the left leaning media narrative bias.

Actually unbelievable that Maiki scored the lead political journo role on TVNZ when she is obviously a rabid lefty rejoicing in any and all hysterical responses to the possibilities that the right are under some pressure.

Pitiful really and no wonder TVNZ viewers are revolting, 50 at least complaints about her coverage which was wincing to watch. I wonder what she thinks about it when she watched the replay of herself showing journalistic bias in the extreme.

The following day she had lost the hysteria but sat there giving justification for why the results of the poll were so relevant and important etc.

I will never be able to take anything she says seriously now after that fiasco.

Baa_Baa
01-05-2024, 09:27 PM

Well maybe but a little sensitivity might be more welcomed. The Labour government initiated many projects across all government departments, and whether they were successful of not, they employed many thousands of people who are now being turfed out as those projects are cut.

It's easy to blame that the weren't projects right, but those public servants had no choice and now are consequential damage to closing the projects down. And I can assure you that those government departments and agencies are absolutely ruthless, as long as the management making the cuts are not affected.

Your anecdote might be relevant for yourself, but it is not at all relevant for the many thousands of government employees and contractors who have been sucked into working of projects and now have their livelihood curtailed by termination of their contracts.

ynot
01-05-2024, 09:31 PM
The following day she had lost the hysteria but sat there giving justification for why the results of the poll were so relevant and important etc.

I will never be able to take anything she says seriously now after that fiasco.

She has been a joke since before the election. Equally as bad is TVNZ management for knowingly unleash her on the public. Disgraceful. If govt is still funding this BS it needs to stop now.

mistaTea
01-05-2024, 09:34 PM
Well maybe but a little sensitivity might be more welcomed. The Labour government initiated many projects across all government departments, and whether they were successful of not, they employed many thousands of people who are now being turfed out as those projects are cut.

It's easy to blame that the weren't projects right, but those public servants had no choice and now are consequential damage to closing the projects down. And I can assure you that those government departments and agencies are absolutely ruthless, as long as the management making the cuts are not affected.

Your anecdote might be relevant for yourself, but it is not at all relevant for the many thousands of government employees and contractors who have been sucked into working of projects and now have their livelihood curtailed by termination of their contracts.

Hmmmn, I am a contractor so understand what it is like to have a job suddenly and unexpectedly end.

I am not uncaring of these people, as I do know it will be tough for them and, depending on their financial situation, stressful.

But actually this is life. And there are cycles.

I am in current gig until the end of this month, and it is low chance that it renews at this stage. Job market very quiet so I will probably be unemployed for a while before something else suitable comes up.

But that’s life. And I am certainly not on the loud speaker down Queen St for 1 News to get some footage of me saying wowers me, new govt’s fault!

Everyone is tightening the belt. Private enterprise cutting costs big time.

Govt no exception, and it’s no good making out that people who are in favour of NZ taking the medicine now, and are a bit more philosophical about it all as being heartless.

Panda-NZ-
02-05-2024, 03:19 AM
But actually this is life. And there are cycles.

Election cycles maybe.. there wouldn't be as many job cuts under Labour.

& there's no real plan to replace them. A low energy govt.

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 06:38 AM
Election cycles maybe.. there wouldn't be as many job cuts under Labour.

& there's no real plan to replace them. A low energy govt.

On the private sector perhaps.

But inflation would be higher for longer under Labour, so people in the private sector would do it tougher for longer under them.

But I guess we only consider job losses as bad if it’s from the public sector.

Daytr
02-05-2024, 08:06 AM
Winston Peters being an absolute rampaging & bullying idiot on RNZ this morning. He thinks attack is the best form of defence. Except he overstepped not only with his aggressive responses but he accused Bob Carr the ex NSW premiere & Australian Foreign Minister, as having been on the Chinese Payroll.

How embarrassing to have this sort of behavior from our DPM.
Helen Clark was interviewed after and the thoughtful and full responses were in stark contrast to Peter's aggressive barrage of mostly gibberish.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/515736/winston-peters-still-trying-to-find-out-what-aukus-pillar-2-is-about

I'll post the Helen Clark interview when it's published.

ynot
02-05-2024, 08:25 AM
Winston Peters being an absolute rampaging & bullying idiot on RNZ this morning. He thinks attack is the best form of defence. Except he overstepped not only with his aggressive responses but he accused Bob Carr the ex NSW premiere & Australian Foreign Minister, as having been on the Chinese Payroll.

Helen Clarke was interviewed after and the thoughtful and full responses were in stark contrast to Peter's aggressive barrage of mostly gibberish.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/515736/winston-peters-still-trying-to-find-out-what-aukus-pillar-2-is-about

Helen Clark belongs to a group calling themselves "The Elders" Branch of the UN ??

Bjauck
02-05-2024, 09:05 AM
You are being cute. I am not going to repeat it.

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 09:13 AM

Helen Clark was interviewed after and the thoughtful and full responses were in stark contrast to Peter's aggressive barrage of mostly gibberish.

Ok, how come you have not commented like this on the Green thread about Genter being an absolute rampaging & bullying idiot in Parliament last night?

Daytr
02-05-2024, 09:30 AM
Ok, how come you have not commented like this on the Green thread about Genter being an absolute rampaging & bullying idiot in Parliament last night?

Why do you miss me? Gawd you are desperate.
Buddy I'll comment where I like not just please you. Peter's again being over dramatic stating it was threatening. Sure she stepped over the line & has apologized, should be the end of it.

When is Peter's going to apologize for continually bullying the media?

There you go, there, there.
Are you happy now?

Bjauck
02-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Must have meant me referring to 1 News as the enemy!

Surely!

I generally regard NZ TV station news programmes as in the same league as gossip magazines, with or without racially charged adverbial clauses.

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 09:47 AM
Why do you miss me? Gawd you are desperate.
Buddy I'll comment where I like not just please you. Peter's again being over dramatic stating it was threatening. Sure she stepped over the line & has apologized, should be the end of it.

When is Peter's going to apologize for continually bullying the media?

There you go, there, there.
Are you happy now?

I am no defeder of Winnie, I think if I have made that very clear in previous posts. He leaves a lot to be desired, and I am sure he had a confrontational interview given how much he despises the media.

You are free to comment (or not) wherever you like. I am just pointing out that you try to make out that you are this reasonable person, not particularly biased etc... yet this morning you rock up guns blazing about a Winnie interview, yet not a word about Genter from The Greens.

I wonder if you can see how that reinforces to a lot of people that you are so deep into 'the left' that you have no objectivity?

And Genter crossing the floor is a big deal actually. She may not have thrown a haymaker at the guy, but it is a major breach to storm across the chamber and get in another Parliamanterians face. To just say, "well she wasn't too bad really and hey she said sorry so its over and done with let's move on"... is really bad.

I would say that Genter's behavior was infinitely worse than anything Winnie did in an interview. And if you were objective, you would have been hammering away on Genter in the same outraged terms you kicked your morning off with Winnie.

Daytr
02-05-2024, 09:52 AM
I am no defeder of Winnie, I think if I have made that very clear in previous posts. He leaves a lot to be desired, and I am sure he had a confrontational interview given how much he despises the media.

You are free to comment (or not) wherever you like. I am just pointing out that you try to make out that you are this reasonable person, not particularly biased etc... yet this morning you rock up guns blazing about a Winnie interview, yet not a word about Genter from The Greens.

I wonder if you can see how that reinforces to a lot of people that you are so deep into 'the left' that you have no objectivity?

And Genter crossing the floor is a big deal actually. She may not have thrown a haymaker at the guy, but it is a major breach to storm across the chamber and get in another Parliamanterians face. To just say, "well she wasn't too bad really and hey she said sorry so its over and done with let's move on"... is really bad.

I would say that Genter's behavior was infinitely worse than anything Winnie did in an interview. And if you were objective, you would have been hammering away on Genter in the same outraged terms you kicked your morning off with Winnie.

A big deal in your mind. That's not saying much.
Nope, you are making a mountain of a molehill.

blackcap
02-05-2024, 10:00 AM

I think Genter is suffering from the old malady called "hysteria".

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 10:00 AM
A big deal in your mind. That's not saying much.
Nope, you are making a mountain of a molehill.

To be clear... you think that Genter crossing the floor is not a big deal and just me making a mountain out of a molehill?

But your hysterical post about Winnie being defensive in an interview is not?

Joshuatree
02-05-2024, 10:07 AM

None of you are on ignore as you need to be made accountable Some of you don't like hearing the uncomfortable truth about this Cannibal Collective Govt and what they are doing at reckless speed to our environment,culture and right to live ,to have enough food on the table after the rent ,to have access to health,to have jobs which are valued etc,etc,etc. Got to keep you close and accountable and your one eyed jaundiced selfish spin.Some of you are wearing no clothes:).

Baa_Baa
02-05-2024, 10:09 AM
To be clear... you think that Genter crossing the floor is not a big deal and just me making a mountain out of a molehill?

It most certainly is a big deal. Lead story on Newshub, with video footage of her crossing the floor. https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2024/05/green-party-says-clearly-unacceptable-for-julie-anne-genter-to-intimidate-matt-doocey-in-parliament.html

fungus pudding
02-05-2024, 10:13 AM
None of you are on ignore as you need to be made accountable Some of you don't like hearing the uncomfortable truth about this Cannibal Collective Govt and what they are doing at reckless speed to our environment,culture and right to live ,to have enough food on the table after the rent ,to have access to health,to have jobs which are valued etc,etc,etc. Got to keep you close and accountable and your one eyed jaundiced selfish spin.Some of you are wearing no clothes:).

You certainly need some training on the use and spacing of commas, although you may be beyond learning; otherwise your rambling post is unworthy of comment.

Panda-NZ-
02-05-2024, 10:14 AM
On the private sector perhaps.

But inflation would be higher for longer under Labour, so people in the private sector would do it tougher for longer under them.

But I guess we only consider job losses as bad if it’s from the public sector.

So inflation is going down, from wages and jobs going down. Not an inspired result (should encourage competition from the private sector instead).

Joshuatree
02-05-2024, 10:17 AM

She overstepped and has been rightfully reprimanded and apologised.
Great to see so much passion and genuine caring from her though,the frustration at being stonewalled.

Daytr
02-05-2024, 10:27 AM
It most certainly is a big deal. Lead story on Newshub, with video footage of her crossing the floor. https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2024/05/green-party-says-clearly-unacceptable-for-julie-anne-genter-to-intimidate-matt-doocey-in-parliament.html

You mean it's reported on MSM?
Wow what do you know. That biased leftie media calling out one of their own.

You really are desperate to try make out this is comparable.
Well for the uneducated I will explain the seriousness of the Peters interview and not just this one, but let's start there.

Peters is the DPM & Foreign Minister.
What's Genter's position in opposition?

Peters was using aggressive tactics to try and avoid answering questions about his speech on AUKUS the night before that he clearly blundered. Again a very serious matter.

What was Genter involved in?

Apparently anything you don't like reading is hysterical. But I'm not the one making a beat up out a nothing heat of the moment event she has since apologized for.

I waste so much time on your BS, about time I pushed the button I think.

Panda-NZ-
02-05-2024, 10:28 AM
So inflation is going down, from wages and jobs going down. Not an inspired result (should encourage competition from the private sector instead).

Something else I thought about, retired asset owners win again since they aren't affected. Compounding inequality in NZ.

Balance
02-05-2024, 10:38 AM

And the Greens go all hysterical like sex-starved screeching banshees about gender equality and male violence.

Here's one of their MPs behaving like a thug but that's a par for the course with the Green Party with its criminally inclined MPs. Not a whisper from their co-leaders who watched on with approval(?).

Imagine if a male Coalition MP has done the same to a female Green MP - imagine the howling of intimidation and violence!

Refer Golriz - convicted thief

Refer Darleen Tana - alleged migrant exploiter and Tax evader

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/05/02/genter-outburst-deputy-speaker-had-never-seen-anything-like-it/

"Deputy Speaker and National MP Barbara Kuriger reacted in shock when she saw a Green MP confronting a Government minister in the house yesterday evening, and says she’s never seen anything like it before. The Green MP could be heard saying, "read the report… read the report", as she approached Doocey and then seemingly stood over him. She could also be seen picking up a document and smacking it back down again on the minister's desk as other MPs looked on in shock."

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 10:41 AM
You mean it's reported on MSM?
Wow what do you know. That biased leftie media calling out one of their own.

You really are desperate to try make out this is comparable.
Well for the uneducated I will explain the seriousness of the Peters interview and not just this one, but let's start there.

Peters is the DPM & Foreign Minister.
What's Genter's position in opposition?

Peters was using aggressive tactics to try and avoid answering questions about his speech on AUKUS the night before that he clearly blundered. Again a very serious matter.

What was Genter involved in?

Apparently anything you don't like reading is hysterical. But I'm not the one making a beat up out a nothing heat of the moment event she has since apologized for.

I waste so much time on your BS, about time I pushed the button I think.

You keep saying you are going to put me on your ignore list as if that is some kind of punishment. But you never actually do it.

If it will help you hush, then please do it.

fungus pudding
02-05-2024, 10:41 AM

Doe anyone have a link with audio?

mistaTea
02-05-2024, 10:44 AM
And the Greens go all hysterical like sex-starved screeching banshees about gender equality and male violence.

Here's one of their MPs behaving like a thug but that's a par for the course with the Green Party with its criminally inclined MPs. Not a whisper from their co-leaders who watched on with approval(?).

Imagine if a male Coalition MP has done the same to a female Green MP - imagine the howling of intimidation and violence!

Refer Golriz - convicted thief

Refer Darleen Tana - alleged migrant exploiter and Tax evader

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/05/02/genter-outburst-deputy-speaker-had-never-seen-anything-like-it/

"Deputy Speaker and National MP Barbara Kuriger reacted in shock when she saw a Green MP confronting a Government minister in the house yesterday evening, and says she’s never seen anything like it before. The Green MP could be heard saying, "read the report… read the report", as she approached Doocey and then seemingly stood over him. She could also be seen picking up a document and smacking it back down again on the minister's desk as other MPs looked on in shock."

Yeah, where is Chloe and Marama condemning this outrageous behaviour?

You are right, if a bloke in the coalition did anything half as bad their would be calls for him to be sacked. Daytr would be hysterical.

Balance
02-05-2024, 10:49 AM

You can hear her screeching like a dog on heat in the background. And watch her confronting and standing over Doocey.

And she has been a MP for 12 years and a minister! Something very wrong with her family life to behave like that.

Baa_Baa
02-05-2024, 10:53 AM

It doe have audio.

fungus pudding
02-05-2024, 10:56 AM
You can hear her screeching like a dog on heat in the background. And watch her confronting and standing over Doocey.

And she has been a MP for 12 years and a minister! Something very wrong with her family life to behave like that.

Not that clear though. Stiil - she's finally done something in her parlimentary career she will be remembered for.