PDA

View Full Version : Separatist Protests + counter-protests

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 01:51 PM
Maori separatists and Treaty revisionists, who are unhappy that Maori ceded sovereignty in the Treaty of Waitangi, are aiming to kick off protests and disruption on Tuesday this week, bringing division and negativity to the lives of all Kiwi’s. Hands up who would join a counter-protest movement aimed at highlighting unity and the need to go forward together as one nation?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/133391888/te-pti-mori-plans-protests-across-the-north-island-as-parliament-restarts

nztx
04-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Labour's version of adjusted Democracy still not something digestable in places ? ;)

Perhaps the Activists are now getting worried they might lose relevance ? ;)

The level of support for their activities might be vastly lower than they would imagine ..

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Labour's version of adjusted Democracy still not something digestable in places ? ;)

Perhaps the Activists are now getting worried they might lose relevance ? ;)

The level of support for their activities might be vastly lower than they would imagine ..

We are all just going to meekly sit back why these separatists stoke division. Sad.

nztx
04-12-2023, 02:11 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/national-maori-action-day-rush-hour-travel-disruption-as-te-pati-maori-calls-for-protests/BG227C3YWVHGHHN3WNDSLB6QBU/

"Hipkins: Going Backwards will be bad for New Zealand"

NZ already had 6 years of going backwards under your Labour mob - you clown ;)

nztx
04-12-2023, 02:15 PM
We are all just going to meekly sit back why these separatists stoke division. Sad.

The Activists -- We didn't win & rode a Losing horse, so now we try to p!ss off the other 95 % at large ;)

Most Kiwi's will just want to get on with Kiwi Life without the stirring divisive B#ll****e coming from a few ;)

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 02:19 PM
We are all embroiled in a mess of separatism and secession now. The situation gets worse every day.

nztx
04-12-2023, 02:21 PM
We are all embroiled in a mess of separatism and secession now. The situation gets worse every day.

Why ? Because a few Activists now don't like what they see ? ;)

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Why ? Because a few Activists now don't like what they see ? ;)

It’s the activists plus the media, the bureaucracy, the left wing political parties on one side…..and then there’s all the rest of us. The media are currently amplifying this ‘day of protest’ in order to try to maximise the numbers & the disruption.

blackcap
04-12-2023, 02:50 PM
It’s the activists plus the media, the bureaucracy, the left wing political parties on one side…..and then there’s all the rest of us. The media are currently amplifying this ‘day of protest’ in order to try to maximise the numbers & the disruption.

It's almost like the media are calling for Civil War. Scum.

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 03:58 PM
Anyone buying a physical newspaper or supporting the mainstream media via digital subscriptions is directly funding the Leftist apparatus & contributing to making this country a cess pool of envy and division.

davflaws
04-12-2023, 04:55 PM
Anyone buying a physical newspaper or supporting the mainstream media via digital subscriptions is directly funding the Leftist apparatus & contributing to making this country a cess pool of envy and division.

That must be very distressing for you. I hope you have some sources of personal and political support.

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 05:22 PM
That must be very distressing for you. I hope you have some sources of personal and political support.

I don’t own a media company so I’m not distressed in the slightest.
As to the separatists, I say this:
YOU WILL NOT DIVIDE US!

Ggcc
04-12-2023, 06:30 PM
Regardless of race Maori or not Maori, we need to realise people just want to get along. I am just a European who wasn't born here, but love the Maori culture. I don't agree with everything but it doesn't hurt me or hold me back. Learn to love new things..... You might just get to like it. I still remember walking down the road in Paris intoxicated when I was younger and yelling tu tera mai nga iwi. You should be surprised but I got Tatou back from multiple different places...... They were not kiwis.

English translation.

Line up together people
All of us all of us.
Stand in rows people
All of us all of us.

Daytr
04-12-2023, 06:54 PM
Regardless of race Maori or not Maori, we need to realise people just want to get along. I am just a European who wasn't born here, but love the Maori culture. I don't agree with everything but it doesn't hurt me or hold me back. Learn to love new things..... You might just get to like it. I still remember walking down the road in Paris intoxicated when I was younger and yelling tu tera mai nga iwi. You should be surprised but I got Tatou back from multiple different places...... They were not kiwis.

English translation.

Line up together people
All of us all of us.
Stand in rows people
All of us all of us.

Well said Ggcc

Logen Ninefingers
04-12-2023, 07:39 PM

English translation.

Line up together people
All of us all of us.
Stand in rows people
All of us all of us.

We’ve all sung Tūtira Mai Ngā Iwi. I probably learnt the song when I was about 6, at the same time as learning how to make flax baskets & learning about how Māui caught the sun. We learnt about Maori culture from our earliest years, so it’s a little bit patronising to talk of ‘learning new things’ as if the European
population here just discovered Maori culture through the bold efforts of Labour and TVNZ.

What I am not very clear on where you stand on Maori separatism, which is taking us down a path towards being a divided nation.

Getty
04-12-2023, 09:22 PM
So Te Pati are blaming the new coalition for Maori being unable to resist a fag eh?

They think that causing disruption in Auckland tomorrow will help that situation.

Don't they know the election is over, and the people have spoken.

I've dusted off my Patu, and will be there to put my spoke in.

LEMON
04-12-2023, 09:36 PM
It's almost like the media are calling for a Civil War. Scum.

A civil war lol, you lot are way too emotional.

Bjauck
05-12-2023, 06:57 AM
It was not the Treaty but it was The previous government that unleashed co-governance and now Māori Party activists won’t accept NZ parliamentary democracy and being out of office.

“Activists connected to Te Pāti Māori organised the protests with some iwi and community leaders”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/301020244/live-protests-planned-for-national-mori-action-day

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 07:09 AM
The Left & the Maori separatists want to tear New Zealand apart.

Daytr
05-12-2023, 08:52 AM
It's almost like the media are calling for Civil War. Scum.

Almost.... Or actually nothing like that at all.
The irony of your post is lost on you I think Blackcap.

blackcap
05-12-2023, 08:53 AM
Almost.... Or actually nothing like that at all.
The irony of your post is lost on you I think Blackcap.

What I was implying is that they are stoking these divisions. They are scum. (the media). No irony lost here.

LEMON
05-12-2023, 09:20 AM
The Left & the Maori separatists want to tear New Zealand apart.

Dry your eyes, close the computer down, go for a walk. No one even cares

Getty
05-12-2023, 09:26 AM
After this mornings appearance on TV1, Shane Jones should have put Debbie Packer over his knee and given her a damn good spanking, just to remain congruent with all the things she accused him of.

Just because they are called Te Pati, is no excuse for her and their MP's to behave like meat heads!

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Dry your eyes, close the computer down, go for a walk. No one even cares

If no one cares about the separatists and their protest then why are they doing it? You really are a Lemon, aren’t you.

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 09:36 AM
White Leftists are in amongst the marchers today, doing their best to be model sh*t stirrers.

LEMON
05-12-2023, 09:44 AM
If no one cares about the separatists and their protest then why are they doing it? You really are a Lemon, aren’t you.

No one cares about your crying, Logen Ninefingers

Lemon is good, good for many things, ninefingers is not so good

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 10:14 AM
The Leftists want to make out this is about “learning Te Reo and learning about Maori culture, do that and we’ll have perfect harmony”. The lies we get from the Left are disingenuous and pitiful. This is all about the separatists wishing to divide NZ into two: a state for non-Maori & a Maori ethno-state.

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 10:16 AM
No one cares about your crying, Logen Ninefingers

Lemon is good, good for many things, ninefingers is not so good

Desperate to cancel me, aren’t you Lemon. Rather than let ‘no one cares’ be self evident, you rush into the forum stating it repeatedly. This tells me you actually care a lot, and you wish to shut down debate.

LEMON
05-12-2023, 10:34 AM
Desperate to cancel me, aren’t you Lemon. Rather than let ‘no one cares’ be self evident, you rush into the forum stating it repeatedly. This tells me you actually care a lot, and you wish to shut down debate.

Cancel you? Why would I cancel you? Don't be silly nine fingers
Ninefingers is still stuck in COVID times, paranoid

What were we just debating?
Last I checked you ignored my last question about when I supposedly called you a racist.

Then you made an inaccurate statement, you claimed I was saying no one cares about the protest, I was just saying no one cares about your whinging. Now you claim that I want to cancel you, I never said anything about canceling you.

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Cancel you? Why would I cancel you? Don't be silly nine fingers
Ninefingers is still stuck in COVID times, paranoid

What were we just debating?
Last I checked you ignored my last question about when I supposedly called you a racist.

Then you made an inaccurate statement, you claimed I was saying no one cares about the protest, I was just saying no one cares about your whinging. Now you claim that I want to cancel you, I never said anything about canceling you.

I’m commenting on the whingeing separatists, and you call that ‘whingeing’ and ‘crying’. You’re a pathetic gaslighter, just like the whingeing separatist protestors. I’m not the one doing the whingeing, they are.

LEMON
05-12-2023, 11:00 AM
I’m commenting on the whingeing separatists, and you call that ‘whingeing’ and ‘crying’. You’re a pathetic gaslighter, just like the whingeing separatist protestors. I’m not the one doing the whingeing, they are.

Ninefingers, breath, everything is going to be okay

Lol so emotional

davflaws
05-12-2023, 11:10 AM
I've dusted off my Patu, and will be there to put my spoke in.

Dumb idea. Don't bleat about anyone else threatening violence.

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 11:15 AM
The sadistic little troll known as Lemon likes to have a good laugh at others, while producing nothing worthwhile itself.

LEMON
05-12-2023, 11:37 AM
The sadistic little troll known as Lemon likes to have a good laugh at others, while producing nothing worthwhile itself.

Its very much worthwhile, you can openly dismiss and belittle Maori culture, so I will highlight how soft and weak your little fragile ego is, it's very constructive, as it gives us a glimpse in to the posters real agenda, and this time you can't fall on your lefty, woke, Cindy Maorification narrative, as I am neither a Cindy voter, left wing or all that obsessed about being woke, I just see the true purpose of your comments, like many others here

davflaws
05-12-2023, 11:45 AM

Sounds like he gotcha. From your posts, it sounds as though you are becoming increasingly distressed. I offer you a few perhapses.

Perhaps the general question of the place and role of Maori in NZ society has been for nearly two hundred years and still is a "site of struggle".

Perhaps this "stuggle" has become subsumed in a wider sociological phenomenon as "cultural issues" have been weaponised for political purposes. I suspect this isn't new.

Perhaps the "division" you believe is being fomented by the left, has actually always been present, but has only surfaced (in the last hundred and twenty years anyway) since the seventies, when the Maori rennaissance began to challenge Pakeha hegemony.

Perhaps the current government's determination to roll back the tide of what you regard as separatism but many other people regard as an appropriate response to history and demographics will succeed, or perhaps some words (but very little else) will change.

Perhaps TPM and the left and us progressives will protest and cause minor disruption, but the sky will not fall. At least not this week.

Perhaps it would be good for both the tone of this forum and for your emotional equilibrium, if you chilled for a while

Daytr
05-12-2023, 12:24 PM

I thhink you just looked in the mirror. Take a good hard look.

Getty
05-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Dumb idea. Don't bleat about anyone else threatening violence.

You will be pleased to know my Patu saw no action today.

When l awoke to the tears of heaven, l soon realised it would be un rizz to expose it to the elements.

Daytr
05-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Kia ora whanau,

I just spoke to someone who attended the hikoi in Whangarei, their estimate was that there were over a thousand people at its peak.
It was described as a beautiful peaceful gathering with plenty of waiata, performance and korero.
Imagine the numbers with a bit more notice.
David Seymour has opened a can of works that didn't need to be opened.
There were plenty of options that were far less divisive than re-litigating the Treaty.
He is to blame & Luxon for allowing him to take his ugly agenda forward.

Great start to the coalition eh!
What an absolute shambles.

blackcap
05-12-2023, 12:51 PM
We hate King Charles and all he stands for.
We will swear Allegiance to him because if we don't we will not get paid.
That is all.
- Te Paati Maori.

Entrep
05-12-2023, 01:09 PM
The Greens were the first to want to relitigate the Treaty. It was one of their policies

davflaws
05-12-2023, 01:49 PM

When l awoke to the tears of heaven, l soon realised it would be un rizz to expose it to the elements.

Good call.

nztx
05-12-2023, 02:13 PM
That is all.
- Te Paati Maori.

Swear to get Paid .. ;)

Good one :)

But isn't what they get paid something of a value symbol that precedes colonial times

and to receive it something else is expected - like goods or service ? ;)

that sort of value symbol was far from the minds of those applying their marks & scribbles
on the bit of paper way back 180 odd years ago ..

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 02:47 PM
That is all.
- Te Paati Maori.

‘Ferris and party co-leader Rawiri Waititi later on did not stick exactly to the script, instead of “Kīngi Tiāre te Tuatoru”, or King Charles III in te reo, the two MPs referred to “Kīngi Harehare te Tuatoru”.

Harehare can mean “scab”. Asked about this after the ceremony Waititi said “Hare” was also a term for Charles.

“It’s what we say on the coast,” he said, adding - with a wry smile - he would never call the King a word such as “scab”.’

Logen Ninefingers
05-12-2023, 02:50 PM
Standing up for unity and against separatism is now apparently “belittling Maori culture”. That these trolls, happy to mock the mental health of others, will swear blind they are ‘not Left wing’ is just another indication of their disingenuous & duplicitous natures.

Daytr
05-12-2023, 03:08 PM
Standing up for unity and against separatism is now apparently “belittling Maori culture”. That these trolls, happy to mock the mental health of others, will swear blind they are ‘not Left wing’ is just another indication of their disingenuous & duplicitous natures.

Oh I didn't realise it was comedy hour.
A bit more notice next time & we can organize the canned laughter.

dobby41
05-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Maori separatists and Treaty revisionists, who are unhappy that Maori ceded sovereignty in the Treaty of Waitangi,
The problem is that they didn't cede sovereignty in the Te Tiriti.

Most sat back while the farmers etc marched, blocked roads, and generally caused a nuisance.

Blue Skies
05-12-2023, 03:51 PM

When you say 'Standing up for unity & against separatism', do you mean Pakeha or NZ European being absorbed into & subjugated to Tikanga Māori ?

An interesting thought but I think there would be some resistance to that.

Bjauck
05-12-2023, 08:07 PM
That is all.
- Te Paati Maori.
Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland refuse to take of the Oath of Allegiance to the King. So they do not take their seats in the UK parliament.

Bjauck
05-12-2023, 08:14 PM
The problem is that they didn't cede sovereignty in the Te Tiriti.

Most sat back while the farmers etc marched, blocked roads, and generally caused a nuisance. Sovereignty and kawanatanga were both alien concepts to most Māori. I guess the discussions surrounding the Treaty would have explained the concepts before they assented?

Getty
05-12-2023, 08:42 PM
Sovereignty and kawanatanga were both alien concepts to most Māori. I guess the discussions surrounding the Treaty would have explained the concepts before they assented?
Absolutely.
They had 5000kg of potatoes and 30 whole pigs, along with barrels of tobacco assembled on 5th January 1840, so they could chew it all over.

That in itself was a major achievement, as Pak and Save wasn't trading in those days!

Little did Hone Heke, Kawiti, Waka Nene and co know that their right to smoke would be deprived from their descendants by Smoke-free legislation in the 2020's, and even more bizarrely give rise to protest in the street by Te Pati in 2023, when a new set of Rangitira wanted to give it back!

LEMON
05-12-2023, 09:28 PM

"unity" cry harder.
Yes when you call Maori primitive, insult the language and claim they don't deserve rights, that would be considered belittling ninefingers.
What is your mental health and when did I mock it?
I'm 100% not leftwing, which I already explained, so presenting the claim that I am disingenuous, shows you are being disingenuous. Revolving door, ninefingers

LEMON
05-12-2023, 09:30 PM

Oh hard man, sounds like you wet yourself to be honest

nztx
05-12-2023, 10:07 PM
Oh hard man, sounds like you wet yourself to be honest

To be honest you too smart to be on here Cuz .. why dont U go join a Hikoi sumwhere ? ;)

Logen Ninefingers
06-12-2023, 06:17 AM
"unity" cry harder.
Yes when you call Maori primitive, insult the language and claim they don't deserve rights, that would be considered belittling ninefingers.
What is your mental health and when did I mock it?
I'm 100% not leftwing, which I already explained, so presenting the claim that I am disingenuous, shows you are being disingenuous. Revolving door, ninefingers

If you can show me a single post where I said that Maori ‘don’t deserve rights’, then go for it. All human beings deserve the same human rights.
You make up preposterous and vile claims, and don’t back them with any evidence.

LEMON
06-12-2023, 08:19 AM
If you can show me a single post where I said that Maori ‘don’t deserve rights’, then go for it. All human beings deserve the same human rights.
You make up preposterous and vile claims and don’t back them with any evidence.

If you want to prevent Maori from protesting because you're scared of separatist and breaking of "unity", then you're against the rights of Maori to express their opinions whether you think it true or not

"Preposterous and vile claims"
Like what?
Me calling you racist? I never made that "preposterous and vile claim", you did

Me mocking your mental health? I never made that "preposterous and vile" claim about your mental health, you did

Me lying about being left-wing? You made those "preposterous and vile claims"

Now you're accusing me of making vile claims? Preposterous and vile

If you find those claims, preposterous and vile, why do stand with the likes of Balance when they make those comments and remarks, if it's vile, then you would agree that maybe your internet friends are also creating separation and standing against unity, It seems if they support you and your comments, I guess you can turn a blind eye? Only when someone disagrees with you it becomes an issue

Daytr
06-12-2023, 08:23 AM
Morena, I was just reading the article below about Hone Heke. I was fascinated by his story as a kid & I am still today. What a formidable & intelligent foe he was.
The only thing I don't like about the article is at the end it paints Govenor Grey in a favorable light that history now records was far from the truth.

https://www.honeheke.co.nz/about/legend-hone-heke/

Daytr
06-12-2023, 08:26 AM
If you want to prevent Maori from protesting because you're scared of separatist and breaking of "unity", then you're against the rights of Maori to express their opinions whether you think it true or not

"Preposterous and vile claims"
Like what?
Me calling you racist? I never made that "preposterous and vile claim", you did

Me mocking your mental health? I never made that "preposterous and vile" claim about your mental health, you did

Me lying about being left-wing? You made those "preposterous and vile claims"

Now you're accusing me of making vile claims? Preposterous and vile

If you find those claims, preposterous and vile, why do stand with the likes of Balance when they make those comments and remarks, if it's vile, then you would agree that maybe your internet friends are also creating separation and standing against unity, It seems if they support you and your comments, I guess you can turn a blind eye? Only when someone disagrees with you it becomes an issue

Get used to it LEMON.
The truth & Logen Ninefingers the Twain shall never meet. He constantly & quite deliberately misquotes people.
He has no integrity, zero, none whatsoever.

Bjauck
06-12-2023, 08:31 AM
You make up preposterous and vile claims, and don’t back them with any evidence.
What do you mean as “human rights”?

‘The United Nations has defined a broad range of internationally accepted rights, including civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights”
https://www.un.org/en/global-issues/human-rights#:~:text=Human%20rights%20are%20rights%20inh erent,and%20education%2C%20and%20many%20more.

Recognizing the urgent need to respect and promote the inherent rights of indigenous peoples which derive from their political, economic and social structures and from their cultures, spiritual traditions, histories and philosophies, especially their rights to their lands, territories and resources,
https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/un-declaration-rights-indigenous-peoples-1#:~:text=Indigenous%20peoples%20have%20the%20coll ective,the%20group%20to%20another%20group.

LEMON
06-12-2023, 08:32 AM
Get used to it LEMON.
The truth & Logen Ninefingers the Twain shall never meet. He constantly & quite deliberately misquotes people.
He has no integrity, zero, none whatsoever.

This is first time I have encountered nine fingers. Randomly making claims like im mocking mental health, where did that even come from

I did take a scroll back in the posts though, seems logennine is dissatisfied with their position in life and looks to blame labour and the left wing. I think nine fingers is in for a startling reality when they realize no government is coming to save them. Left or Right

Balance
06-12-2023, 02:28 PM
Very very very good to have the protests and I hope there will be more over the next 3 years.

Guarantees the coalition will get re-elected with a resounding landslide in election 2026.

It obviously has not registered yet with the Maori elite and Labour that the majority of NZers voted against the racist, divisive, bankrupt and corrupt failed policies of the Labour government.