PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I will watch TV1 news for a change tonight.

ynot
07-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Actually I can't wait.

ynot
07-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Aha, so it's all Seymour's fault.

nztx
07-03-2024, 06:12 PM
Very soon .. coming to a screen near anyone .. it could be a couple of blinks & it's all over

then there will be Turbo Weather Half a One .. the forecast speeded up on overdrive, gone in another blink, but who watches the weather these days ?

(All the new programming intended to be Faster than one of Willies' (the deposed Labour defacto TV CEO) turbo splats as soon as a Camera was seen approaching back in the days when there was time for all the dear little weather girls to perform their dances)

ynot
07-03-2024, 06:22 PM
Very soon .. coming to a screen near anyone .. it could be a couple of blinks & it's all over

then there will be Turbo Weather Half a One .. the forecast speeded up on overdrive, gone in another blink, but who watches the weather these days ?

(All the new programming intended to be Faster than one of Willies' (the deposed Labour defacto TV CEO) turbo splats as soon as a Camera was seen approaching back in the days when there was time for all the dear little weather girls to perform their dances)

So Jack's $850 will go to $425 ?

troyvdh
07-03-2024, 06:25 PM
TBH ...lets be real...I like many 6 pm was news time.
No longer..its gone .
Like who is watching TV1 or 3 right now.

nztx
07-03-2024, 06:43 PM
Perhaps someone should have a few serious words with that Lee bird & tell her to leave our friggin TV as it was
under the last lot of deposed dongos ? ;)

Imagine the uproar & banging of walking sticks & wheelchairs etc about to go down in Rest Homes all across the land over this :)

mike2020
08-03-2024, 09:14 AM
Apparently TVNZ made a 16ml loss. How much did Labour spend trying to merge TVNZ and RNZ? That probably would have paid for 10 more years of losses.

I am starting to wonder how much austerity we really need. I mean one lot piss it away and the other lot seem hell bent on deprivation in the name of a good show.

I like the news. Has anyone noticed how locally focused the NZ Herald has become, its all so myopic out there.

Bobdn
08-03-2024, 09:36 AM
I haven't watched TVNZ for 5 years or more now.

whatsup
08-03-2024, 10:01 AM
Actually I can't wait.

This discussion should not be in this box under " NZX SHARES " it should be under "OFF MARKET DISCUSSIONS " please transfer !

ynot
08-03-2024, 01:04 PM
This discussion should not be in this box under " NZX SHARES " it should be under "OFF MARKET DISCUSSIONS " please transfer !

My bad. Can I transfer topic or just delete ?

Habits
08-03-2024, 01:16 PM
Perhaps someone should have a few serious words with that Lee bird & tell her to leave our friggin TV as it was
under the last lot of deposed dongos ? ;)

Imagine the uproar & banging of walking sticks & wheelchairs etc about to go down in Rest Homes all across the land over this :)

30 mins of news sport and weather like it was and like sky open. Then back to the programming

nztx
08-03-2024, 02:11 PM
30 mins of news sport and weather like it was and like sky open. Then back to the programming

Programming might be more inclusive of a vast chunk of the only thing TVNZ maybe knows well - an avalanche of hideous telemarketing blurb

At least Discovery / TV3 channels are bit more digestable without the myriad of that sort of repetitive BS ;)

LaserEyeKiwi
08-03-2024, 02:39 PM

Sky open uses Newshub for their 30min news content, so that ain’t going to be around either for much longer.

nztx
08-03-2024, 03:08 PM
Sky open uses Newshub for their 30min news content, so that ain’t going to be around either for much longer.

Good opportunity for Sky & Discovery to see if a joint news deal can be done ;)

The pair might even inflict some further pain on the sleeping SOE encumbent which probably needs a larger wake up call after the day dreaming days of the Labour's defacto TVNZ CEO - Willie Wonka turned things to **** ;)

nztx
08-03-2024, 03:47 PM
Pretty brutal at TVNZ:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/tvnzs-axing-of-fair-go-a-loss-for-all-kiwis-says-kevin-milne/DI5WXXSX6NHVFGPIVQMTOMGKHM/

Have the media been surviving on lifelines from Govt all this time - for what we are now seeing ?

with what is going down, there is bound to be some fire in the kitchen after all the last Govt's splashing the cash, but gutting TVNZ suggests what - some immensely atrocious management under the watch or long dreamtime of Labour's Willie the SOE's Media's attack terrier ? ;)

ratkin
09-03-2024, 05:28 AM
Lets be honest, TV1 and 3 News have been absolute rubbish for years, they are getting nothing more than they deserve. Could fit there entire news content into Ten minutes, the rest just filler rubbish. About time they were all given the flick.

Showed their true colours during covid, just there for propaganda when needed. Remember the whole “masks don’t work” headlines at the start of the pandemic? All lies because the govt at that time did not have many masks on supply.

ynot
09-03-2024, 07:53 AM
Lets be honest, TV1 and 3 News have been absolute rubbish for years, they are getting nothing more than they deserve. Could fit there entire news content into Ten minutes, the rest just filler rubbish. About time they were all given the flick.

Showed their true colours during covid, just there for propaganda when needed. Remember the whole “masks don’t work” headlines at the start of the pandemic? All lies because the govt at that time did not have many masks on supply.

To anyone not totally mesmerised by their blatant thirst to express Labours viewpoint on all matters, like you say, absolute rubbish.

ynot
09-03-2024, 08:07 AM
Another thing that I found extremely amusing was watching the female tv1 boss floating down that GRAND staircase of her empire in the opulent tvnz palace on the evening news earlier this week.

Ggcc
09-03-2024, 08:39 AM
Another thing that I found extremely amusing was watching the female tv1 boss floating down that GRAND staircase of her empire in the opulent tvnz palace on the evening news earlier this week.
Since their staffing is dropping maybe they can find cheaper accommodation for the remainder of the staff, oh and get rid of middle management which seems to be ample in most corporations of today.

Patrick11
09-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Apparently discovery owns cnn so wouldn't mind seeing cnn news

ynot
09-03-2024, 11:45 AM
Apparently discovery owns cnn so wouldn't mind seeing cnn news

Woke rubbish.

nztx
09-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Woke rubbish.

But Discovery Inc do own via a UK holding company structure part of South Pacific Pictures Group

A major NZ film producer

Very easy to trace that one