PDA

View Full Version : I'd buy OCA yeah/nah

Baa_Baa
27-04-2024, 08:29 PM
OCA is a very popular thread, it attracts everyone from holders to, wannabe holders if conditions are right, to yeah nah maybe, to never will be holders under any circumstances. Where do you stand on this? Poll responses are anonymous (I think).

Grimy
27-04-2024, 08:48 PM
How about an option for - Already a holder, but not buying anymore at present.

Baa_Baa
27-04-2024, 08:56 PM
How about an option for - Already a holder, but not buying anymore at present.

Good point, but I don't think I can change the options anymore.

Meister
27-04-2024, 09:06 PM
"Yeah nah maybe, I'm on the fence but the thread is a dumpster fire"

Baa_Baa
27-04-2024, 09:09 PM
"Yeah nah maybe, I'm on the fence but the thread is a dumpster fire"

Thanks for sharing :)

Meister
27-04-2024, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

To be fair I think it has been improving lately (for the most part)

RTM
27-04-2024, 09:28 PM
I’d buy….if I didn’t already have enough. Question needs a time frame. If I had to answer with a time frame of 12 months, maybe not. But 5-10 year horizon, yeah, definitely.

Toddy
27-04-2024, 09:37 PM
I already have exposure to the sector through owning Ift stock.

I would buy more Ift.

Greekwatchdog
27-04-2024, 10:00 PM
Last buy was at $0.58 around 21 Feb. My average is $0.6143 and is my largest holding. I will review where to after reviewing result whether I buy more.

I also hold ARV @ average $0.91 and SUM @ $9.12.

I do not care about the day to day trading of these stocks.

The thread is toxic and full of trolls and traders who are only in for a few cents and would sell the stock should a take over happen at a mediocre price (Like MET) and by fruit cakes who use AI and Warriors as a guide.

I have dialed my expectations back on OCA due to Covid. The head winds the sector are currently facing will soon subside when interest rates start to go back. Thou note, not expecting big Asset pump like 2020/22. Thats was only a bubble waiting to pop, and pop it did.

So for me it starts from 2024/25. We are at the bottom give or take a few cents. No doubt FY on May 24 will cause a Tsunami of crap so may be best to go camping for a while.

thegreatestben
27-04-2024, 11:12 PM
Yeah another got enough, not buying.
Think my average is 86c. Bring back Sailor Rob, I didn’t think he was any worse than anyone else posting.

Rawz
28-04-2024, 12:00 AM
No guidance provided
Balance sheet has too much debt
It’s definitely not in a good news up cycle.

Sorry it’s a dog stock for me atm.

Pitty OCA doesn’t correlate with the Blues. What a win they just had!

Snow Leopard
28-04-2024, 12:44 AM
Looking at the chart OCA currently has nothing going for it.

32 month & counting downtrend, daily volume dropping away.

My AI [Algorithmic Investor] stock spotter is currently totally unimpressed.

winner69
28-04-2024, 08:06 AM
Thanks Baa_Baa for doing this poll.

It’s awesome and will provide more valuable insights for my research on ‘fandom and the equity markets’

Thanks again

Daytr
28-04-2024, 08:34 AM
Thanks Baa_Baa for doing this poll.

It’s awesome and will provide more valuable insights for my research on ‘fandom and the equity markets’

Thanks again

Some on the thread think others are trolls just because they aren't on the cheer team.
It's an interesting stock due to the nature of the balance sheet versus returns.
I've never heard of a stock reinventing economics though like this one has for some holders.

This is why The Wahs is a very appropriate meme for this stock. Cheer everything. (For some)

Overall, I think OCA will do OK especially when the real estate market turns. I just hope management uses this opportunity to actually fix the issues they are facing and not let the real estate market paper over the cracks.

They have to make money operationally, or at least break even. But how do they achieve that?
I would suggest efficiency / cost cutting as they are in a competitive market so hiking fees will probably just lose them sales.

Not a holder but unlike some others I will keep an eye on the macro and see if I buy a season ticket to Mt Smart.

aquaman
28-04-2024, 10:19 AM
Good Poll Baa Baa.
Im have been buying whenever it is below 60c and continue to add to what i would call a reasonably large holding with an investment time frame to 2030 min

Ggcc
28-04-2024, 04:33 PM
I want to buy but history and figures have shown me not right now

850man
28-04-2024, 04:40 PM
I have more than enough. Owes me 86c. Hoping they learn how to make profitable sales before I die

28-04-2024, 04:47 PM
I have more than enough. Owes me 86c. Hoping they learn how to make profitable sales before I die

I hope you are 95.

Bjauck
28-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Good money after bad.

kiwical
28-04-2024, 06:52 PM
I'd regard this as a looong term hold. I still don't think there is much you can go wrong with in this sector. Ageing population will just keep on trucking. Look where Japan is at (and heading) for an idea on age demographics. If you were wanting to invest for a timeframe of less than 5 years, I suspect there are better options out there at the mo.