PDA

View Full Version : NTC

FileAnt
21-10-2004, 03:20 PM
NTC is trading at 0.23 and there is a nice sounding announcement.
Big Bounce?

robbo
21-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi File Ant

Be supercareful...

That announcement, if you read para 2,3 and 4 carefully , NTC announcement, on My Reading IS A PROFIT DOWNGRADE....and Bankrutpcy/collapse of their Taiwanese Supplier....[}:)]:(:(

Be careful...Like MSI--Mark Sensing...Profit Downgrade, might be good to buy on the Downer...but it might bottom more yet, and Bad news tends to sometimes come out in twos and threes unfortunately...Also Big Chance of Price trneding downward or flatlining at very best for another half a year plus now unfortunately...

These are only my personal thoughts, and you make your own decsions....BUT... Again, IMO...Be Very cautious and tread very very Carefully with NTC; again only IMO.... Fileant...

YOU have a really good day..

Kind Regards,

Robbo.:):)

FileAnt
21-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I was reading...
'Alliance - NetComm & Personal Broadband Australia'

Where did you get the profit downgrade inference?

robbo
21-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi FileAnt:

Announcement at 11.51 am TODAY; being Thursday: 21/10/04; on the ASX Announcements for Netcom NTC....

>>> Entitled: "Company Outlook":(

I think your looking/referring ?? -- at the announcement preceding todays, namely the one on Wednesday 20/10/04 --??-- afternoon, maybe... ???...

Kindest Regards,

Robbo.:)

quote:Originally posted by FileAnt

I was reading...
'Alliance - NetComm & Personal Broadband Australia'

Where did you get the profit downgrade inference?

FileAnt
21-10-2004, 05:04 PM
thx matey,
commsec was slow to post that.

I will keep an eye on it, the selling and buying pressure still looks quite healthy.

FileAnt
22-10-2004, 06:15 PM
A director bought shares today :o)

Thumpa
20-08-2009, 07:25 PM
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NTC&E=ASX&N=560936

2009 Full Year Financial Results and Outlook

The Directors of NetComm Limited are pleased to announce EBITDA for the year ended 30 June 2009 of $6.2 million, representing an increase of 575% over the year ended 30 June 2008.

This result was underpinned by strong sales revenue of $78.5 million, equating to an increase of 305% over the year ended 30 June 2008.

Net Profit After Tax for the year ended 30 June 2009 was $5.9 million. This increase of 175% over the previous financial year, along with a strong cash flow position for the company, will enable NetComm to reinstate the payment of dividends.
A further announcement on the value of the dividend will follow within 14 days.
NetComm’s extremely strong performance is a direct result of the company’s successful implementation of its strategy to reduce its exposure to rapidly commoditizing broadband devices and position itself as a world-leading supplier of 3G wireless broadband technologies.

This focus on 3G product development has led to a concerted international marketing push that has seen approximately 35 trials
undertaken with carriers around the world.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/NTC.png

Thumpa
30-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice gains over the last month.
Worth a look if thinking about exposure to technology. Happy to hold.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/NTC2.png

Thumpa
11-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Sold half today to be free carried . 100% rise in 2.5 months too tempting , but will let the remainder ride....
Impressive performance despite the market jitters lately.
Looking forward to the next quarterly , to see if sales momentum continues. Probably behind todays 9.5% rise .

Anyone else watching NTC?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/NTC3.png

COLIN
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Sold half today to be free carried . 100% rise in 2.5 months too tempting , but will let the remainder ride....
Impressive performance despite the market jitters lately.
Looking forward to the next quarterly , to see if sales momentum continues. Probably behind todays 9.5% rise .

Anyone else watching NTC?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/NTC3.png

You've certainly done well, and got me interested. The recent stratospheric rise looks scary, but I see that their P/E is still about 7 which is pretty modest for a strongly developing IT company. I also see that they describe themselves as "Award winning" and "Australia's most experienced provider of communications product services" - I wonder if others in this field would acknowledge the latter. But I do also note that they have been around for some 25 years which is encouraging. And I have a Dynalink modem! The launch into North America may also be a contributing factor in the recent steep rise in the sp.

All in all, I am tempted to throw a few dollars in this direction - also because I have no other IT company at present in my portfolio.

FileAnt
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah still here. Now all we need is some US advertising now that they are over there?... I love Netcomm! (MD dances around the stage)

Seriously though, they are the most experienced down here in au/nz, and quite capable of working alongside and/or with larger US makers. They work with them already if you think about it.

Thumpa
17-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Things look buzzing at NTC at the moment.
Positive news the last few days.
May break 50 cents soon.

17th November 2009

NetComm welcomes first order from Etisalat

NetComm Limited (ASX: NTC) has received its first order from Etisalat, the
telecommunications provider for the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Etisalat also
operates in 17 other countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
The initial order represents about $1.8 million and will be for NetComm’s 3G21W and
3G10WV embedded 3G routers. The revolutionary 3G21W router will be the first of
its kind to operate at 21Mbps using the HSPA+ (Evolved High Speed Packet Access)
standard, as well as being a fully-functioning 11n wireless router with four Ethernet
ports. With this capability, the 3G21W will finally enable the true potential of the
world’s fastest mobile networks, offering possible data speeds equivalent to those of
conventional ADSL2+ connections.

16th November 2009

NetComm’s Call Direct helps Chubb launch innovative 3G Fire Alarm
Monitoring System

Call Direct, the industrial 3G division of NetComm Limited, has signed a five year
supply and support deal with Chubb Australasia.
The supply agreement will see Call Direct provide 4,500 3G modem units to Chubb,
delivered over the first half of 2010. With 3,500 similar devices having been supplied
in previous orders, this is potentially one of the largest deployments of its type in
Australia.

COLIN
17-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Bought some at 47c a few days ago. Was hoping for more at that price but its got away on me. A good result today, when the market overall was down - not too sure why, given the good performance of the DOW, but presume it has something to do with the RBA stating that urther interest rate increases are imminent.

Thumpa
17-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Good to see you are up 8.5% already Colin.

Felt a bit weird talking to myself here.

Yes you are right ...... a weird day with the markets down and pleasing that NTC closed at 51 cents ( YTD high )
Market cap now 53 million with only 105 million shares on issue.

Look forward to any thoughts where you feel the Market cap should be for NTC. I guess we need to see the next quarterly to see how sales are going , but I would like to think thats reflected in their share price ?

Share price had a boost recently from a tip sheet , but has not retraced as I would have expected.

Still largely under the radar I think.

Received my dividend cheque last week.

COLIN
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
This company has popped up on my radar. It may be on its way back?

Back, in grand style! Great profit outlook, and a pleasant 30% rise in the sp today (yesterday). I dumped my relatively small holding at the beginning of March, for a significant loss, but bought in again last month.

COLIN
02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
And further strong buying interest today, in a generally adverse market. Up 15%.

COLIN
02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm up 84% since my last post :-)

Well done, although I see that the day-traders have now scooped a big chunk of the food off the table and headed for the doors. But they'll be back sometime. Meanwhile I'm staying around.

Thumpa
03-06-2010, 09:08 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/soundzgoodgood/ntc5.png

COLIN
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Top Up Time :-)

No announcement on the ASX, KW. Presumably neither the company nor the market regard it as being a significant development, otherwise I would have expected some green ink rather than red, at the finish? But you might have another take?

percy
06-06-2010, 09:08 PM
No announcement on the ASX, KW. Presumably neither the company nor the market regard it as being a significant development, otherwise I would have expected some green ink rather than red, at the finish? But you might have another take?

I found the Age article by going to google australia and entering ASX:NTC ...A hands on;ipod.
Looks as though you have found another winner KW!!!!

percy
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
It is in an interesting company - currently ahead of its game in a big international market. However over time its likely to get clobbered by the big device manufacturers so it probably wont be a long term hold. But it should do well enough in the short term to get some more contracts. It also needs to make the transition to LTE devices, which could be harder for them as Telstra is behind in that area.

I have noticed a profit upgrade today.On track KW?

percy
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Netcomm sells 3G gateway to Telecom NZ
Australian hardware manufacturer Netcomm has signed a deal with Telecom NZ which will see the telco sell its device to customers using the XT network. Netcomm CFO Wayne Trattles told CommsDay the device which will sell in New Zealand under Telecom NZ’s brand is similar to the product sold by Telstra in Australia. He said: “It can replace an ADSL connection and will work just like any other router, except it connects wireless rather than through a cable”.
Trattles said in Australia the device has a top speed of 21mbps and can often deliver speeds of 11 to 12mbps. Since the XT network was upgraded to HSPA+ earlier this year it too has had a theoretical top speed of 21mbps, yet in practice New Zealanders experience speeds closer to 4mbps.
A Telecom NZ spokesperson said the company is excited about the potential Netcomm products it plans to launch in coming months but is not yet in a position to confirm what these products are.

I saw that announcement,and am a little surprise by lack of buying interest.I thought we would have seen some SP reaction.

steve fleming
11-10-2013, 08:08 PM
NTC had an interesting announcement yesterday highlighting the traction they are getting with their M2M sales

M2M business (including smart metering and NBN) expected toincrease from 20% of revenue in FY13 to 55% in FY14

Trading on 6/7 x FY14 EBITDA, but growth is expected to accelerate into FY15

THe M2M space is a really interesting area, with some forecasts suggesting a 10 fold increase in wireless M2M spend over the next decade...in utilities (smart metering); transport, health, the mind boggles at the opportunities of the possible reach of M2M

From its recent presentation:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NTC&E=ASX&N=759203

 M2M market is expected to grow rapidly as every “thing” becomes internet connected
 NTC is uniquely placed to leverage global growth of M2M market
 Significant growth anticipated in FY14 and beyond
 NTC has a strong balance sheet to pursue attractive organic growth initiatives
 Profitability is expected to improve significantly as NTC increases M2M market penetration globally

It may be still a bit too early with NTC as to how its growth will unfold, but it provides interesting exposure to developments in the fast growing wireless space

steve fleming
17-05-2014, 10:53 AM
NTC had an interesting announcement yesterday highlighting the traction they are getting with their M2M sales

M2M business (including smart metering and NBN) expected toincrease from 20% of revenue in FY13 to 55% in FY14

Trading on 6/7 x FY14 EBITDA, but growth is expected to accelerate into FY15

THe M2M space is a really interesting area, with some forecasts suggesting a 10 fold increase in wireless M2M spend over the next decade...in utilities (smart metering); transport, health, the mind boggles at the opportunities of the possible reach of M2M

From its recent presentation:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NTC&E=ASX&N=759203

 M2M market is expected to grow rapidly as every “thing” becomes internet connected
 NTC is uniquely placed to leverage global growth of M2M market
 Significant growth anticipated in FY14 and beyond
 NTC has a strong balance sheet to pursue attractive organic growth initiatives
 Profitability is expected to improve significantly as NTC increases M2M market penetration globally

It may be still a bit too early with NTC as to how its growth will unfold, but it provides interesting exposure to developments in the fast growing wireless space

Been one of the best performers over the past 6 months, as it has gone from 20c to 70c as focus switches to FY15 earnings.

US roadshow should push it above $1

The Tape Trader
10-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Reviving an old one here....

Have been watching NTC for a few weeks now.

It's trading above the 200 & 50 day moving averages.

You can see on the chart it has been consolidating since Nov 2015.
The corrections keep getting smaller (-47% , -35%, -4%). So far this flag pattern has been very tight. Could be a sign the selling is drying up.

Note- they intend to report on 19/8. I am careful buying around earnings dates.

They have already given guidance in April.

Rev $85mill up 14%, EBITDA $6.4m down slightly.

Placement of $50mill at $2.93 was to reduce debt and fund offshore growth opportunities.

Check out the charts!