PDA

View Full Version : sunland group

Tim
03-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on this company. Has a PE of 4.5. Real estate company.

03-11-2004, 04:20 PM
TIM property development company not a plain real estate company

stephen
03-11-2004, 04:32 PM
There was an earlier thread - search for "SDG". I liked the look of them at 0.99, and of course I wish I'd bought then. I'd say at their current price they are fair but no longer cheap, bearing in mind their considerable debt and the room for argument about asset values in a property company.

Calling Dimebag! He owns some, that ought to be a recommendation for you...

robbo
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
@@@ Sunland SDG @@
[8D][8D][8D]

Sunland (SDG) put out, what I felt, was one of the best/strongest Net Profits, so far, in this Period's Profit /// Reporting Season..

and thus even their adjusted Profits, even net of the sale of their share of Gold Coast Queensland, "Versace" Complex.

I do Note, that Sunland (SDG) are also, among a myriad of other Big Projects, now Developing another New "Versace" complex, this time, in Dubais, which will be probably be very good for future earnings even more going forward....:)[:p]

--Finally, note also that SUNLAND (SDG) [8D][8D].. is ; NOW publicly (on ASX announcements in last week or so....) stating their readiness; and that it is looking for admittance into the ASX S&P 200; which of course could effect its Price Earnings RE-RATING// acceptability as SDG; moves onto the radar screens, and into the acceptable "mandates", and parametres, presumably, of the Larger Investor Super Funds etc etc.....[:p] :):)

YES YES..I do think//guestimate... Sunland (SDG) will be positively Up-Rated and Move Upwards,and be more likely than not, to easilly, cruise through the $3.00 mark in the next 2-3 weeks..:)[:p]:)

Regards,

Robbo :):)

mark100
08-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Tend to agree with you davidrob. I just picked up some for $2.48, which is quite stupid really. I've followed them from 60c to here but always thought I had enough exposure to property through my city pacific holdings. But it looks like sdg may continue to surge for a while yet.

cheers
mark

robbo
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Thought about the New...radical...????... Sharetrading Theory; Mark ?? ;);)

Its called putting the Good Shares calmly in the Bottom Drawer and forgetting about It, for 3 or 4 months at least...[^][^]:)[8D]

[:p]Despite whatI do with "punting money" ....with 90% of my Share Investments; this is what I personally adhere to....[^][^]:)

ie: Mark, I totally have decided to forget about "timing the surge and the ups and downs of the market....moods of markets etc etc,.... and all that bull sh it... etc, Life for me this last 3-4 years,or so has been so much more totally RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE THAT WAY since I adopted this revised strategy from waht I used to do...ie: jump around like a jumping bean,!!!

and Mark I ONLY review every time my Share INVESTMENT goes up at LEAST 51 % ++ or so...

So Mark; in the case of your purchase of Sunland at $2.48,I would personally only review again when Sunland is $3.72.... and NOT before,no matter how much greener the grass seems in your worser moments down the track...., I personally do this 90 % of the time.... ...and to repeat that this is ....(NOT advice so of course, just sharing IDEAS ; SO do FEEL TO ignore....obviously SAY NO THANKS....etc etc....

The trick,for me Mark, is NOT worrying about the inevitable; ups and downs; until you have received your just and DUE to YOU,>>>>>.... the patient cool Investorrewards of at least 50% onYOUR capital

Mark, and what I've found surprisngly enough is that 8.5/10 +++ ... I get at least 55% and often up to 70 % ++ at least, on average every 120 days...compounded,on average, before I then have to make my next decision....and review the merits of the particualr valueof the equity alst its intrinsic worth versus the market quoted price (and the margin of safety of the equity as objectively as possible assessed.... etc etc etc....

So then, lets run some monopoly money numbers Mark ....

Seven (7) Shares: >>>>>.....with say only $5000 in each careful undervalued growth share Selection....

which gives a total of 7 X $5000 = $ 35, 000...

capital appreciation in first 120 day period on average is 50 %...

so our little investment 120 later is worth, $52, 500 and then minus $ 500 for brokerage etc givig us, $52, 000 approx..

and then again another 50 %, we have a total NOW of $78, 750 and then for the final time in the approx 12 month cycle,another 50 % minus $500, we have NOW $117, 625, and if we repeat the process the following year with our compounding capital we get to approx $395,000 PLUS from an origianl investment of only $35 000 ...which is quite a English Breakfast Tea, hot scones and strawberry jam Capital Gain Return of quite a reasonable $180, 992 per annum excluding our original capital>>>>... or a total of OVER $361, 000 for the 24 month period....on only 50 % returns....every 1/3 of the year compounded...

Mark,this strategy may not work for your situation of course, but I have found it to be much more than quite satisfactory..:)[:p]:)

Food for thought anyway...

Kind regards,

That decision,in the case of a share like Sunland,would be//may be to see another atleast 50 % Gains in Price,in approx 120 days (give or take a fortnight or so.... depending on the situation..[:p]:)

What this process does is disciplines the Investor to recevie compounding wealth creation....

Try for yourself the numbers...
I usually have anywhere between 5 --9 stocks of the variety of:

for example(and these are NOT recommendations:

(1) Emitch (EMI) (2) Sunland (up atl

soulman
09-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Sentiment is hot with SDG ATM. They might even get to ASX 200 before CIY. Fundamentally, on a PE level, can climb to as high as $3.20's in the near term. Yield wise, not so good. I figure they only pay dividend once a year.

Tough to buy at current price, considering when SHARES mag had an article on them late last year and they were only in the $1.20's. MONEY mag had them as a top 4 stock for 2005.

robbo
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Howdee, Souldman, Mick and all..."here comes The Sun" [8D] (with apologies to the late George Harrison) ... followers,

>>.. SUNLAND(SDG) doing their 3.5 % Rise thing, AGAIN Today,

With shares; of course, absolutely NOTHING is ever a total Dead CERT, but that $3.00 minium Target is starting to... " Look, and Appear".... relatively darned CLOSE to one...IMO..!!

Regards all,

Robbo. :)

mark100
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Sold this morning at 2.69. Robbo, I agree with you that we will see $3 soon however I reckon it may pull back a bit first and I will try and buy back in the low 2.50's. The temptation to take a quick profit was too great!

mark

robbo
11-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Mark,

Sharetrader is NOW sending Lewinsky over to give you a Deserved Big Spanking.....you naughty, naughty BOY !!!!! [}:)][}:)] ;);)

Enjoy your well deserved PROFITS Mark !! [:p][:p] :):)

Kind Regards,

wns
29-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Hot off the press - they're in the S&P/ASX200. Replaced HLY Hills Motorway Group.

Damo79
29-04-2005, 11:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by mark100

Sold this morning at 2.69. Robbo, I agree with you that we will see $3 soon however I reckon it may pull back a bit first and I will try and buy back in the low 2.50's. The temptation to take a quick profit was too great!

mark

Just had a look at the graph. That's one hell of a nice pick as the sell point Mark100 :D:D:D

mark100
29-04-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah it was a fluke! and $3 looks a long way off. Still following closely

robbo
29-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Sunny Sunland...

ASX 200

Directors (2 different directors too) literally Buying Millions of Dollars of SDG to demosnstrate thier Vote

Good new Exposure Too Dubai in The Oil Rich Middle East and the guys running the SDG joint are from the Mid East so know their way away around....

Pre Sell went extremely well in the Worlds Largest Tallest Residential Building in Surfers Paradise--great views to check out the chicks too !!

Great Lower Mid Eco Group Developt in Sydney NSW...

Excellent Dividend Yield of 6.5 % fully franked which with ASX 200 will not do the Insto Vote any harm....

Went up today 5.7 % which for a ASX 200 in a Market which retracted Down 30 points shows good resistance against the trend...

See ya very soon $3.00 for SDG I reckon...

Kind Regards,

Robbo
PS. Topped Up holding of SDG quite largishly again Today, in Great day for Buying...IMO...

ASXIOU
02-05-2005, 02:22 PM
hopefully this turnaround from inclusion in asx 200 is the start of an uptrend. hit $2 today. hopefully $3 is not far off. even at $3 it is still on a forecast 2005 PE of around 9. current price will prob look very cheap in the future. Picked some up for $1.55 a couple of weeks ago so am already sitting on a tidy profit. Dubai is absolutely awash with $$ and once they get their foot in the door we will see more to come.

disc: hold sdg

Moonshine
02-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the June 2000 freefall, and whether or not there are still trermors from that event to be wary of?

Thanks in advance.

SEC
02-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Does the June 2000 freefall you refer to coincide with a 5:1 share split SDG had in May 2000?

SEC

Moonshine
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Bingo!

Thanks SEC.

thereslifeafter87
02-05-2005, 07:21 PM
So how's your 50% every 120 days looking with SDG Robbo?

robbo
03-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Fir 'nuff thereslife....

And like everyone else did not see the biggest share market correction inside the last 2.5 Years coming in April !! :):)

However was BUYING SDG big time last week,when the Market was going a bit Scare Crzy...especially as the ASX 200 was imminent for SDG, combined with the 2 SDG Directors buying over $ 2 millions dollars with last week with HILLS Tollway coming off the list due the completed TakeOver by Toll.....

.....and I reckon this Up -Swing for SDG WILL indeed see, IMO, at least 50 % in Gains, from the Lows we saw in SDG only 10 days or so ago...

Heh, anyway, how are ya thereslife .....(what appeals to you on The Bourse at present ???) --

---You never know; you might be able to give this old dog a tip or two --would not be hard ...), and also help to make us all a bit more dough in what has been, rather slim pickings these last 30 Days !!

Do hope that YOU Have a great day thereslife :)

Kindest Regards,

Robbo :);)

thereslifeafter87
03-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Mate,

I'm still in the same stocks as six months ago.

All fantastic companies, all producing solid results, all still well in the green for me. As soon as the market recorrects, I'll be back with interest, as the companies have all been increasing earnings in the meantime :-)

In hindisght, FAN was probably overvalued... although it seems to be well undervalued now considering its last report.

ATR, mygod I wish I had some cash!
Likewise with UOS.

CIY I'm a bit less enthusiastic about, I can see the risks of possible fund outflow - but that is the only major risk I see them facing and they are priced accordingly....

So I'm actually doing the whole find solid companies and ignore the market noise thing. But I do understand Graham's reluctance to buy high PE companies a bit better now. Luckily I got out of CCP at $3.20 a while back, but I'm still in FAN.

ATR and UOS have fared a lot better, though UOS is at about half NTA now, with plenty of cash and developments in the pipeline. They're priced like a developer even though they are also an investor.

I'd be buying them over SDG I think.. Also little or no debt. The debt put me off SDG a while back when I looked at them.

You want a tip Robbo? Dog of the past,looking cheap now.. CLH.
Low PE, but with some growth by the looks of things.
Especially low PE when compared with CCP.

Dazza
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
whats up with SDG ?
i saw it fall from around the 2 buck mark, to 1.62 now.... thats a 20% fall in this week?

whats happening do u know anything rob?

robbo
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Also taking the 12 % Gains in previous 3 days --ie: last Thursday, Friday and Monday straight: Swiftly Off The Table.....

And So Sunland Welcome to the ASX 200 !!

It does work both ways, a lot of these guys will take their Chips at those rates in this New Territory, especially if one notes the Volumes that went thu on the days immediately following the ASX 200 Announcment for SDG by Standard And Poors !

Also agree that the new listing that CIY and SDG is doing curently looks a bit "opportunistic: and "creatively cyncical to some...." to a real skeptical ovrall market; don't think that is going down Super well at present,

and as Major rightly points out; Mirvac is also putting a bit of a pall on the Property Sector end, together with todays AFR's Front Page Feauture re. Property Down Grade did not really help. ...

Got to be gutsy --or stupid like me---to be a contrarian...

And...even after (SEL) profit Up-Grade last night; see what happened to SEL S8 today as well --down 2.5 % ....!!

That's Life "In the maws of the Bear" which means if your operating short on the wrong side of the game then OUCH !!!

Cheers,

Robbo :)

ASXIOU
06-05-2005, 02:41 AM
once again director bought more shares. there have been 11 change of directors interests notices issued in last 2 months. obviously 'indsiders' are very bullish on future performance and are taking advantage of recent price weakness.

ASXIOU
06-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Trading Halt! any ideas?

wns
06-05-2005, 12:25 PM
It probably relates to Sunleisure because CIY is in trading halt for as well for the exact same period. Maybe they have secured something else to go into Sunleisure.

ASXIOU
06-05-2005, 04:50 PM
taking a tumble at moment after sunleisure withdrawal.
massive overreaction to news which isn't really that bad. Just bought some more at 1.26

Dazza
06-05-2005, 08:10 PM
1.26???? my my my
definately buyers market...

man i need to work more and save more -_-
need to buy more!!!!!!

ASXIOU
24-05-2005, 12:46 PM
this one has really started to move in the last couple of days. has blasted through $1.50! still ridiculously cheap on PE of about 5;) has definitely been oversold of late

wns
24-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Over the last 7 years or so SDG's average annual PE has been about 6, with its highest average PE in any of those years being 9.3. I agree that it has been oversold, but not very long before that I think people were paying a bit too much (when it was up near $3).

ASXIOU
24-05-2005, 03:01 PM
hopefully expect PE re-rating as SDG is now in ASX 200 and operations starting to expand internationally IMO ;);)

ASXIOU
05-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Just thought id do the right thing and let everyone know that SDG is once again down to extremely cheap good buying levels. Asked around but couldn't find any explanation for share price weakness so I grabbed a few more today. Looks like the shorters have moved in aswell hence the massive sell offer at $1.50 which i would probably say is a dummy. I'm stacking up for the long term (5+ years) and can seriously see this one moving to $3 within 12 months and much higher in the future.If it drops any further without explanation I will be going in very heavy as its a genuine growth company trading on a ridiculously low PE and also providing a good div yield with a low downside risk and plenty in the pipeline. [8D][8D]

p.s please do your own research as this is my opinion only and not financial advice!!

ASXIOU
12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
hi major
the latest guidance from Sunland in announcement 6/5/05

'The $60 million net profit (after tax guidance) will comprise earnings from the Group’s
existing project portfolio of high rise, land and housing in all regions, in addition to the
profit on the sale of 51% of the management rights.'

'The Board notes that despite current market conditions, the 10% increase still gives a
solid result, based on the previous year’s profit of $55.2m.'

So as far as i can see the sale of the management rights will be booked FY 2005 but yes it would be prudent to double check this with the company.

Anyway with my long-term view in place I have done a bit more buying recently at under the 1.40 mark. [8)] It looks like the short-sellers are moving back in to rebuy their stock hence todays small increase and the stacked up bid depth. So thanks for everything fellas, its much appreciated now would you kindly get lost so things can start moving here. :D:D

So lets hope everything is going to plan. The main thing that draws me to Sunland apart from its ever increasing portfolio of national and international development assets and the roll out of Sunkids childcare centres is its development of the luxury 'branded' hotels.;)Having been a guest at palazzo versace on the gold coast i can say that apart from being the pinnacle of capitalist greed and indulgence [:p]that these things are winners and rolling out a chain of these around the world (which i beleive is SDGs intention) would be nothing but a cash machine, but it will take time hence my long-term view. Also planning to pay a 5c divi in August if I remember right.
Good luck to all
[8D][8D]

Disc: Hold SDG
This post is my opinion only and is not financial advice so do your own research before deciding whether to buy,sell or hold stocks.

robbo
12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Sundland (SDG)

Agree with everything you say here, ASXIOU re: Sunland (SDG) SDG...

IMO ..... you are right "on the button"...

...and being a bit of a contrarian by nature, have been personally wading in; and picking up; just a tad more than a "few" SDG shares, while SDG has been a bit "hammered"---of late....

But, of course with SDG, do need.....IMO...to have a nice long 7 - 13 month: ...... Plus Plus Investment Time Horizon,

And, By the Way..... the Sunland(SDG) Dividends are also, usually among the Highest in The Land--or should that be;....perhaps..... divies in the Sun Land )][:o)][:o)]

Regards,

Robbo:)

ASXIOU
15-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Robbo, major and any other Sunland followers!

Well SDG up to $1.50 as I speak and looking to probably close a bit higher, a nice 8% or so rise since my last post a few days back and concurrent spending spree.:) The 250K sell offer came and went but turned out to be genuine, however was snapped up in one hit today. Hopefully happy days ahead as we get closer to the reporting season but as we have no doubt learned this is a volatile little bugger (a favourite of short-term traders IMO!) so needless to say if it happens to drift southwards again I will be signing off a few more cheques with long-term potential in mind. [:p];)

regards

P.S please do your own research before deciding whether to buy, sell or hold stocks.

ASXIOU
15-07-2005, 05:13 PM
found legs in the last 1/2 hour and closed at $1.54 nice!![:p]

ASXIOU
18-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Article from http://www.travelscene.com.au/aaa-accommodation-news-01.html. The last line is certainly very interesting. [:p]

Update: June 22, 2005 [7 Stories]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Italy

Sunland To Build Dubai Palazzo Versace

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie congratulated Queensland property developer the Sunland Group on its involvement in building a Palazzo Versace in Dubai, when he visited Dr Santo Versace in Milan last night.

Dr Versace, President of the Versace Group, hosted Mr Beattie and Soheil and Sahba Abedian, joint managing-directors of the Sunland Group.

Sunland, based on the Gold Coast, will join Gianni Versace SpA and Emirates International Holdings of the United Arab Emirates in investing A$650 million in constructing the Palazzo Versace resort hotel and villas.

Plans for the resort will be finalised by September this year. Construction is slated to begin in early 2006 and the hotel is scheduled to open in 2008.

"I congratulate Sunland for its involvement in this truly international venture," said Mr Beattie.

"Mr Soheil Abedian has forecast that by the end of 2008, at least half of Sunland's revenue will come from offshore."

Sunland developed the Palazzo Versace Resort at the Gold Coast in 2000.

The new 216-suite and 224-villa resort complex will be built on the Dubai Creek, as part of an overall neighbourhood being developed by Dubai Properties.

It will be developed on a 130,000sqm site and will feature an artificially-created, temperature-controlled beach.

Along with the Palazzo Versace project, Sunland and Emirates International Holdings plan to develop a 600-unit high-rise residential tower in the same precinct.

The consortium is planning a multi-billion dollar programme to build Palazzo Versace Resorts across the world by 2015.

ASXIOU
09-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Closed up at 1.745 (3 month high since drop in early May). Has also broken resistance of $1.70 on decentish volume. Looking very good at moment.[8D] My very very conservative price target is $2 by the end of the year which IMO should be surpassed without any problems. Does anyone know when they are due to report yearly results? I'm guessing within a fortnight? By the looks of the recent buying we might be in for something special [:p] (hopefully!!)

ASXIOU
16-08-2005, 06:42 PM
SDG.. slowly making its way north closing at $1.82 today. Anyone else following this. kind of feels like i'm talking to myself here.[V] Anyway SDG is attracting some good buying interest and is very close to closing above its 6 month moving average which IMO could be quite significant considering it will be the first time to do so in the rollercoaster ride that has been the last 12 months :D[:p]

ASXIOU
18-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes totally agree with you Z man. Excellent result for an excellent company.[8D] IMO SDG is and has been for a while the best value in the ASX200 for those investors with a longish term time frame and easily forms my largest ASX holding.
Revenue up 18%
Profit up 22%
NTA up nearly 40%
ROE 22% [:p]
and this is supposed to be in a time of softening property market conditions [^]

Notice that revenue from Dubai operations will start to be added as of next year and managements hints in the ASX release that there is much more in the pipeline as far as developments in this area. This IMO is what will see SDG really rocket away and with a present market cap of under $500m there is potential for some serious growth here. ;) I also see that as of next year SDG plans to have 20 of its sunkids childcare centre up and running and providing a steady revenue stream. This IMO is an extremely good move as a steady revenue stream from operation such as this are necessary for smoothing the cash flow in a company which is normally associated with a lumpy earnings stream as is seen in property development.

SDG have given a guidance of moderate profit growth in 2006 due to softening market conditions but it is from my experience that SDG management (who I believe are some of the best in the business) love to underestimate themselves and with the increasing move offshore, softening market conditions in Australia will start to mean less and less in the years ahead.

So all in all an excellent result and it is now just time to sit back and wait for the market to rerate SDG to where it should be which is alot higher than the present price.
regards :)

ASXIOU
03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Unwelcome pullback for SDG yesterday.[xx(] short-termers tech traders bailing after it failed to break $1.80[?] Anyway they have released their full-year accounts so will take a good look if I get some time this weekend. It has dawned on me that some people may be put off SDG by the large gearing and levels of short-term debt not realising that this is the norm for this industry and is the only way to have so many projects underway at the same time. IMO this debt is definitely serviceable and needs to be looked at on a project by project basis. I'm a huge long-term believer in SDG and think the growth opportunities in Dubai where management is now in bed (so to speak) with the local Sheiks and global rollout of Palazzo Versace hotels is too good to be overlooked.

regards

disc: Hold SDG. Please do your own research before deciding whether to buy, sell or hold stocks

ASXIOU
13-09-2005, 11:49 PM
ex div tomorrow 5c [8D]
Hopefully this new breed of divy stripping CFD traders don't trash it too bad afterwards. On second thoughts kind of hope it dives, they all get burnt and taught a good lesson and us loyal long-termers get to pick up more stock at these ridiculously cheap prices :D [^]

btw think Q1 tower opens this week :)

disc: Hold SDG. Please do your own research before deciding whether to buy, sell or hold stocks

soulman
14-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Which div stripping are you talking about ASXIOU. I guess CFD traders shorting a stock must eventually buying it back at a lower price to take the profits. Isn't divy strips mean that you want the stock to recover pre-ex div quickly (hence free div) just like what Tabcorp and many others did in the last few weeks.

I want to learn shorting stocks but wonder who does it here and which broker they use. IG or others that offer DMA. Can someone here explain Direct Market Access as they have experience with CFD.

Thanks

ASXIOU
14-09-2005, 07:11 PM
soulman
direct market CFD traders buy lots of stock on high margin with little outlay then flick it after it goes ex-div to gain extra franking credits. They have to have held it for 45 days pre div date otherwise maximum $5000 franking credits allowed (please double check that last part). Especially the case in high-yielding fully franked stocks like SDG although liquidity may be a bit of a problem for them re my thoughts on effect on sp. Never traded CFDs myself. Am quite satisfied with just plain boring old shares and listed options for a bit of extra excitement may the need arise :)

regards

p.s sdg actually held up quite well in effect ending the day up 0.5c [:p]

ASXIOU
15-09-2005, 12:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by ASXIOU

ex div tomorrow 5c [8D]
Hopefully this new breed of divy stripping CFD traders don't trash it too bad afterwards. On second thoughts kind of hope it dives, they all get burnt and taught a good lesson and us loyal long-termers get to pick up more stock at these ridiculously cheap prices :D [^]

sure enough down it comes.[B)] plenty of off-screen buyers but [^] excellent buying at these levels IMO

ASXIOU
16-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Nice recovery today [^][:p] Still extremely cheap IMO but definitely a long-term hold. Exposure to Dubai property market will take time to flow through but should be exceptional. [8D]

ASXIOU
17-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Someone wanted in real bad today! big volume and nice rise. Some big lines crossed at close too. Insto reshuffling or something more exciting?? :)

ASXIOU
21-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Nice announcement out: retirement of $307m of debt (about half directly attributable to SDG from memory) after initial Q1 settlement which makes the balance sheet look a lot healthier. Still very happy to be slowly accumulaing at these prices for the long-term. Just wait till Dubai developments start kicking in.[:p]

TheBossMan
23-10-2005, 10:51 AM
At a minimum, this is a $2.25-2.5 stock. but the sentiments around property sector is having a huge effect on the SP. I trade in & out of SDG, mostly via CFDs.

ASXIOU
26-10-2005, 10:16 PM
The Boss

I agree with you that as it stands, SDG is grossly undervalued based on current fundamentals. The main reason for this being the general negative sentiment the market holds towards property developers, especially those with some operations on the Gold Coast.

My thoughts/views of SDG for anyone interested are as follows ;)

*Property Developers in general are currently out of favour with investors due to the perceived downturn in the property industry and the fear of a crash in housing prices coupled with rising construction costs due to commodity price rises etc

*From where I sit I think the property market especially in Sydney is if not, at very close to bottoming. The only way is up from here. The demand for quality properties (like SDG build) is definitely present and increasing. The difference being that unlike the overheated market of a couple of years ago where any old shack out in the western suburbs was appreciating at 25% year, buyers now are focused on quality and are still willing to pay premium prices for well situated, well constructed properties with good access to the raft of new infrastructure which is currently being built.

*SDG are well geographically diversified throughout Australia which smooths out the bumps in the domestic cycles.

*SDGs expansion into Dubai with the Palazzo Versace will turn into bigger and better things. The company SDG are in a JV with (Emirates International Holdings) are associated with some very well-heeled and connected local Sheiks. The Dubai property market is booming at a huge rate and is forecast to continue for the forseeable future as it becomes the new 'playground for the rich'. If initial progress from Palazzo Versace is positive expect many more contracts to flow in.

*There are unconfirmed plans by SDG to roll-out a chain of Palazzo Versace hotels in many locations around the world. Need I say more.

*The SDG share register is tightly held and thinly traded (top 20 hold 70%). Because of this it is not hard to influence the price to move in a certain direction in the short-term. This inherently has attracted a raft of day and short-term traders who buy and sell the stock for it's volatility and with no focus on the long-term fundamentals.

*The debt the company undertook to complete massive projects such as Q1 did nothing to help anyone taking a quick look at the balance sheet when deciding to invest and was often commented about on internet chat sites etc. A large proportion of this debt has recently been paid off with inital settlement of Q1 apartments. It is the financial structure of development companies whereby large amounts of money is borrowed and mortgaged against future developments. This does not show up too well on the balance sheet especially when performing quick accounting equations etc but needs to be viewed in the context of property companies not compared to just any other industrial compny as often happens.

*IMO now is an excellent opportunity to be accumulating SDG for anyone with a genuine focus on a long-term hold. It has all the contrarian signs as a stock with an excellent past, excellent future but for a couple of reasons is currently out of favour with the market in a big way. Not to mention the very nice dividend yield of about 7% full franked [:p]

*Many other things such as Sunkids child-care centres which should help to smooth out the often lumpy revenue stream in years to come.

*please make up your own minds and do your own research etc but IMO this is an excellent one to be tucking away for the long-term and then selling once it eventually comes into favour again and is going for $10 a pop[:0] I'm not worried about the short-term and use the volatility as much as I can to keep adding at what I see are very cheap prices. [8D]

mark100
27-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi asxiou,

Over the past couple of days I have started looking at sdg again. As you say, it appears very good value at the current price.

Q1 has loaded them up with debt and media speculation of settlement defaults has spooked the market. It appears this may be turning out to be simply a media beat up. I'm thinking further confirmation of settlements at Q1 will drive the price.

Also any upbeat comments at the AGM next month will help as well.

Mark

ASXIOU
28-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Very upbeat AGM today.
Here's some highlights[8D]
*Directors propose to increase dividend this year to 12.5 cents [:p]= current yield of 8.2% :D fully franked based on todays closing price.
*$70 million NPAT forecast for 2006
*$80 million NPAT forecast for 2007
Current market cap of just $360 million
Considering SDG have a history of underpromising and overdelivering well im sure you can all do the maths but looks terribly undervalued to me wouldnt you say? Really believe it won't be long until this starts trading above $2 where it should be?

mark100
28-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I went to the AGM today. I don't hold but figured I might find out something useful. Plus it was a chance to check out the inside of Q1.

ASXIOU has summarised the financial numbers which appear to indicate that SDG is a bargain basement prices.

The main point of note was the Dubai operations. Its a 50/50 JV with one of the ruling royal families (quite helpful I would assume!). The project funding is arranged by the JV partner and SDG carries out the design, project management etc. So all through construction SDG charges the JV design fees, project management fees etc. And any profit at the end is spilt 50/50.

The most significant part of the Dubai operations is that it is non-recourse to Sunland in Australia. This means if the project bombs out and makes a loss Sunland doesn't wear any of the loss yet it has still collected design and management fees along the way. So worst case they will make a little, best case they will make a lot.

Apparently a development site has been secured (I think thats what they said).

Also for 2006 95% of earnings will be from development, falling to 90% in 2007 and 65% in 2008 as annuity style income starts to grow.

There was no mention of City Pacific selling their Sunleisure stake or the termination of the Budds Beach JV.

Mark

TheBossMan
29-11-2005, 09:54 AM
havent looked at the numbers in detail yet. Does SDG include property revaluation in core operating income?

I've been trading in SDG for a long time...I'm holding 20,000 CFDs now at $1.44. Looking good to reach $1.70-1.75 short term.

mark100
29-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Not that I am aware of. There current profit is still almost entirely development profit, no property revaluations.

So based on the forecast of $70m NPAT, forward pe is around 5.5

Mark

TheBossMan
29-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks Mark. With NTA at $1.21, this must be a steal. I'll probably take a huge long position on this.

robbo
29-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Sunaland (SDG)

Hi Guys

Amen to all your above Comments.

And I have Today bought relatively large (for me) SDG holding.

Kind Regards as always ,

PS Warning: Market could still be a little skittish, --??-- IMO- for a while, but long term its cool. [8D][8D]

ASXIOU
30-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Yep Robbo
IMO it's nothing but a waiting game with SDG. All the excellent fundamentals are there. Sometimes the market just simply has no idea. It's only a matter of time before it starts to move (quite rapidly I would suspect) but i'm a patient man and SDG is one of my super long-term holdings which I regularly add to. No rush in this case. [|)][|)]:)

ASXIOU
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Huge 'on-market' buying by director John Leaver over last couple of weeks during the directors 'trading window' forking out over $1million of his own cash on SDG shares.

On a side note I notice that a couple of large listed development companies (not sunland) who put on hold some large residential projects a couple of years ago fearing a collapse in property prices are currently reviewing those projects and are infact very keen to get the construction started now with planned completion in about 12-24 months as they predict the residential market recovery to start to really pick up. Food for thought ;)

ASXIOU
30-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Go the Sun!! This could be the long awaited re-rating time. Many thanks to the broker/s who kept the price suppressed for the last couple of months so the massive director trades could take place. Your efforts are truly appreciated ;)[:p]

ASXIOU
13-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Nice step-up today with lots of little buy orders going through and stacks of them sitting at $1.75. Seems like a heads-up from a tipsheet, Rivkin Report or the like? Anyone know?

soulman
14-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Yes, SDG doing well in a savage market. I should have got this one for $1.45 or so about 2, 3 months ago. Even after confirming a 12 cents div, it was still a nice get at about $1.60.

I am thinking something in the line of.....Sunleisure........would be a float that will boost SDG. S8 is doing well, Breakfree, which was merged with MFS is doing well, a new recent IPO of similar activities (not sure of the name but trading at about $1.50 is doing well), and obviously Sunleisure might be a right time to float as soon as SDG gets enough apartments for them.

ASXIOU
23-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Half-yearly report out

*revenue up 110%

*profit up 47%

*6.25cps dividend declared

*NTA $1.02 per share

*Forecasting full-year profit of $70m

*Current market cap of $450m places it on a forward PE of less then 7 and an excellent div yield.

John Leaver didn't buy millions of shares on-market a couple of months ago for no resaon. ;) Reckon $2 will be upon us VERY soon and $2.50-$3 in the not too distant future. :)

ASXIOU
28-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Hit $2 on close. Hope everyone is enjoying the ride! [:p][^]:D.

SEC
15-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Brilliant PR spin by the SDG board. Each year around this time Sunland goes cap in hand to investors to prop up its balance sheet and compensate for the constant drain of cash. But instead of pleading to fund managers and 'sophisticated investors' this time it sought the 'Packer seal of approval'. What an endorsement! Just brilliant!

SEC

mark100
15-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I also thought it was pretty poor form by sdg. If Packer wants to invest in sdg make him buy on market or off another substantial shareholder.

Instead sdg has diluted their share base yet again (they only raised cash a bit over a year ago). And then there is more potential dilution with Packer's options.

At least he didn't get the shares at a large discount. And it will raise sdg's profile within the investment community.

Mark

soulman
16-03-2006, 06:40 PM
This is interesting.....Maybe Packer might be interested in combining his casinos business with SDG high rise building expertise. PBL could potentially build casinos and hotel resort all over the world with SDG providing the building expertise.

I see this as a stategic stake and maybe a full T/O might be coming. I remember what happen to Burswood casino (living in Perth), when Packer old man took a stake in Burswood shares from a couple of WA businessman and then announce a takeover about 2 months later.

I am looking to buy at the $1.80 mark but now it could be a bit more expensive even though it's still yielding at a high 5% FF yield.

ASXIOU
26-04-2006, 07:48 PM
SDG slowly and silently cruising under the radar setting new yearly highs on large volume without fuss or any announcements.[:p] Very nice to see, especially in this commodity heavy market. To think that only a few months ago it was trading on a PE of about 5 [8)]:)

ASXIOU
23-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Pleasing result from the Sun today with profit coming in slightly above expectations. Still very much in these, slowly adding a few more here and there and holding for the looonng term and the consistently rising dividends :).

ASXIOU
03-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Flying today to close at a yearly high. Nice volume too. I'd say there's some good new on the way? Long-term no-brainer this one....

soulman
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Thinking of grabbing some before the ex-div a couple of weeks ago.

Regardless, it was only for trading. I always wonder what intention do PBL have in SDG when it grab a large stake a while back. I think they might even takeover SDG and add properties to their media and gaming empire. Or just buying as an investment and obviously now is a good time to take profits.

ASXIOU
15-11-2006, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by ASXIOU

*SDGs expansion into Dubai with the Palazzo Versace will turn into bigger and better things. The company SDG are in a JV with (Emirates International Holdings) are associated with some very well-heeled and connected local Sheiks. The Dubai property market is booming at a huge rate and is forecast to continue for the forseeable future as it becomes the new 'playground for the rich'. If initial progress from Palazzo Versace is positive expect many more contracts to flow in.

*There are unconfirmed plans by SDG to roll-out a chain of Palazzo Versace hotels in many locations around the world. Need I say more.

BINGO!!

SDG today confirms plans for global rollout of 15 Versace resorts around the globe. Share-price smashes previous highs on the news.

disc: Hold SDG, DYOR

k1w1
16-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Well done ASXIOU

ASXIOU
27-12-2006, 09:15 PM
One of ASX 200s biggest movers through 2006 yet seems to go very unnoticed. Anyone else following??

SEC
08-03-2007, 08:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by SEC on 15 March 2006

Brilliant PR spin by the SDG board. Each year around this time Sunland goes cap in hand to investors to prop up its balance sheet and compensate for the constant drain of cash. But instead of pleading to fund managers and 'sophisticated investors' this time it sought the 'Packer seal of approval'. What an endorsement! Just brilliant!

SEC

Trading halt today. I'll put money on the reason for the halt being the annual Sunland plea for cash to 'sophisticated investors'. Show me the cashflow!!!!!!!!!

SEC

SEC
09-03-2007, 11:20 PM
True to form, it's yet another capital raising. Four years in a row!!!!! Why they bother paying dividends I'll never know, they want to look as if they're a high yield share I suppose (when the opposite is true).

Any SDG holder should have anticipated the annual raising and sold their shares in January. The share price goes nowhere or downwards for months after each raising.

SEC

SEC
15-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Call me old fashioned but a company should be able to expand its operations from internal cashflow, not go cap in hand to the market each year to fund its working capital. It's not a sustainable business model IMHO. There's only so long Sunland can get away with this before the market rightfully expects to see the cashflow.

Actually I did own SDG a few years ago, an unrecognised property developer with a forward PE of less than 5 in 2003, I happily paid my bit in the 2004 capital raising but got suspicious after another raising a year later and sold out straight afterwards. Since then it has been one of my mantras never to invest in companies that have capital raisings 'for the hell of it'. Such companies invariably underperform for months or years afterwards.

SEC

SEC
23-04-2007, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by SEC

Any SDG holder should have anticipated the annual raising and sold their shares in January. The share price goes nowhere or downwards for months after each raising.

SEC

SDG price down 18% since the latest capital raising. Current price $3.10, TA target price $2.80 (good value at this point).

SEC

SEC
30-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Almost that time of the year for the annual Sunland capital raising. Only this time the market will not be so benevolent to its needs. Sunland made a lot of land purchases in the past few months so will be interesting in the HY announcement to see how it has drained the cashflow and stretched the balance sheet.

I have said for a while that Sunland's business model is not sustainable in the long term. Their model may well be tested this year.

SEC

Corporate
27-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Does anyone follow SDG anymore?

Sitting on a forward PE of 7.7 with NTA of $1.49. The current share price is 68.5c.

I'm a bit concern about the fact that they haven't had positive operating cashflow since 30 June 2009 though!