PDA

View Full Version : INCITEC PIVOT booming along

donnie
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
had a good result last month and has boomed along hitting $20 looks like more upside in this one.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=IPL&E=ASX&N=227139

Incitec Pivot makes solid start in foundation year

Successfully merged agribusiness Incitec Pivot Limited has made a solid start in its first full
reporting year by recording a net profit after tax (NPAT) of $80.9 million excluding significant items.
This is a 77 per cent increase on the combined NPAT of the two component businesses. It was
produced on fertiliser sales which increased one per cent on that of the pre-merger businesses to
2.9 million tonnes, generating total revenue of $1.14 billion to 30 September 2004.
NPAT, including significant items of $5.8 million after tax in merger costs, was $75.1 million.
“Such a strong financial result in a highly competitive fertiliser market still recovering from the
drought highlights the inherent strength of our business,” said Managing Director and CEO
Greg Witcombe.
“The result was built on significant efficiency gains, including merger synergies, and a strong
contribution from our manufacturing operations.”
Incitec Pivot declared a final dividend of $1 per share, producing a total dividend of $1.29 per
share, which represents 100 per cent of the year’s profit and is fully franked.
For shareholders who held their investment for the full financial year, total shareholder returns –
20 per cent in capital growth plus 8.2 per cent in dividend yield – amounted to a noteworthy
28.2 per cent.
Mr Witcombe said this was a pleasing outcome for all shareholders, particularly the more than
30,000 farmer shareholders who retained their investment in the company, many of whom
regularly buy Incitec Pivot fertilisers.
Good capital management enabled the company to end the year with net cash of $20.8 million on
the balance sheet, compared with net debt of $74.4 million in 2003.
Looking to the future, Mr Witcombe said that production at Incitec Pivot’s key manufacturing plant
in Brisbane had been secured with the signing in September of 10-year natural gas supply
agreements to take effect in 2007.
The company was also pleased to be part of a consortium investigating the feasibility of a worldscale
ammonia/urea plant in Brunei. A decision on whether to proceed with the project would not
be made until late 2005.
“With the merger successfully bedded down and our first full financial year behind us, we now have
the base to deliver sustainable improvements and to investigate all opportunities for growth that
meet our strict investment criteria.”
INVESTOR RELATIONS: MEDIA CONTACT:

Dr_Who
14-01-2009, 01:08 PM
What do you guys think of IPL?

The sp looks cheap at these levels for the long term portfolio.

Lower $AU
No debt
Good management
Good sector
PE of less than 5
Good div

disc: bought some today a $2.51

Dr_Who
14-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Aint there anyone interested in this great stock?

Skol
14-01-2009, 04:35 PM
We have something in common Doc, I was looking at this one myself 2 days ago.
My research indicates debt/equity ratio of 79.8%. ( But I'm not an accountant)

Very narrow Bollinger Bands, breakout soon either way.

Dr_Who
14-01-2009, 04:46 PM
We have something in common Doc, I was looking at this one myself 2 days ago.
My research indicates debt/equity ratio of 79.8%. ( But I'm not an accountant)

Very narrow Bollinger Bands, breakout soon either way.

Do you have some?

I bought this morning at $2.51 and now trading at $2.61!!!

I just like the sector and management of this company.

Dr_Who
16-01-2009, 01:57 PM
IPL sp $2.75 !! :)

Whats up?

winner69
03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
IPL sp $2.75 !! :)

Whats up?

Was that a typo honorouble DR ..... a month ago

Whats up was that it is all not that rosy down on the farm and IPL have fessed up that things are pretty bad in the mining services and fertiliser world

Should read $1.75

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=IPL&E=ASX&N=313148

Dr_Who
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
It was lucky I took profit when IPL sp was over $2.85. Goes to show this market is for trading only and there is more downside risks.

6 month ago this share was trading at $9.00, now only $1.70.

OUCH! :eek:

Huang Chung
03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
In today at $1.70.....trade only.

Dr_Who
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
If the sp of IPL bottoms out, it will be a good opportunity to buy some for the long term portfolio.

macduffy
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
If the sp of IPL bottoms out, it will be a good opportunity to buy some for the long term portfolio.

Let me know when it "bottoms out", doc.

;)

pedro.nz
04-02-2009, 12:55 PM
http://business.smh.com.au/business/falling-fertiliser-prices-blow-hole-in-incitec-20090203-7wss.html

Huang Chung
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
In today at $1.70.....trade only.

.....and out at $1.87.

Good luck AA.

Dr_Who
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Great trade Well Huang and Absolute. :)

I was close to buying some at $1.70 but didnt have the guts.

Corporate
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
VDM - CODE = VMG
Well hope some of you got on, VDM Flying now after it 60% unwarranted fall today, at this rate from my 16.5c buy Ill be up over 20% for few hours work, My target estimate by Mondays close is 27c.

AA

Nice work AA. VMG looks a bit stuck at 20c. You buying more?

Corporate
06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Corporate,

Got my Fill at 16.5c this morning so won't be buying anymore, I like to run about 8 separate trades a day so as not to put all my eggs in one basket.

Bit of Churn at 20c by those who brought in earlier taking profit now, When they run out higher it will go.

I'm up near 20% now for a few hours hold, I may or may not lock in that profit near this point, being a Friday and all. I can always re-enter Monday if need be.
Ill sum up the situation near the close.

AA

Thanks for the reply AA. What kind of success rate to you have on your trades? Very nice gain today!

Huang Chung
06-02-2009, 09:40 PM
May look to re-enter IPL Depending on price movements.

ALS looking interesting today.

P.s Check out VDM WOW Im in at 16.5c

AA

A mate of mine was telling me VDM Group was cheap at $1.50 :eek:. It's not like they are about to go our the back door or anything either.

shasta
19-05-2010, 05:45 PM
*UPDATED CHART BELOW

Well IPL Reached My Target Price of $2.10 today, reverting back to my estimated fair value

See Updated chart below - Price Now back into the Middle of the channel. Technical Resistance $2.20

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e264/arranging/ipl_ax_price_daily05dec08_to_13f-1.png

IPL looks to me like it will move lower tomorrow to fill the gap made today, if it doesn't it will no doubt find heavy resistance around the $2.20 mark

AA

IPL - Presentation BMP Capital Markets 2010 Agri conference

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=IPL&E=ASX&N=336565

Holding up quite well considering the carnage on the markets at present, time to re-look at an old favourite

Current share price $2.98

Arbitrage
10-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Looks like the share price has broken upwards. Something may be happening...

ratkin
24-02-2015, 06:52 PM
As a long suffering shareholder its good to finally see some momentum in the shareprice

Falling dollar (every cent down add 9m to pivot)
Falling energy costs
Bigger demand for Fertilser
Rain leading to great harvests across the ditch

Its all looking good, past four dollars without blinking

Arbitrage
25-02-2015, 11:28 AM
And the Louisiana Plant getting closer to completion.