PDA

View Full Version : Technical Analysis

Sky Tower
13-11-2004, 11:08 AM
As I'm sure many people are - I am interesting in learning more about technical analysis. Particularly keen to learn more about the interpretation of charts.

Can anyone recommend a comprehensive but well written book on technical analysis (or even a ccourse) ?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
13-11-2004, 12:02 PM
i purchased Metastock over 10 years ago and found the manual pointed me in the right direction...

Phaedrus
15-11-2004, 05:41 PM
A good book is "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John Murphy. ISBN 0-7352-0066-1 $140. This 540 page book covers most of the major facets of technical analysis, making it a good introductory text. This is one of the three books required for the American Chartered Market Technician Program. (The other two are "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends" by Edwards and Magee, and "Technical Analysis Explained" by Martin Pring.)

You may find some helpful info here :-
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2002/03/msg00009.shtml

airedale
05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi, Dnicholls, I recomend "Trading for a Living"by Dr Alexander Elder. It also has a workbook which is well worth buying.
And from an Australian perspective there is"The Art Of Trading" by Chris Tate and also "Share Trading"by Darryl Guppy

whiteheron
05-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Technical Analysis certainly is a great help in selecting stocks , but is not the bee all and end all of investing

In my opinion a thorough knowledge of a stock , or extensive research on it if it is a new prospect , is also essential if you are to be successful