PDA

View Full Version : Neuren Pharmaceuticals IPO - Phase 3 time!

Dazza
01-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Anyone heard of this yet?
I just received their prospectus today. Im trying not to let my emotions get in the way, as i am a current student at AU in their medical department.

what do you all think?

Being in phase II is good... afta phase III is done that means its money time :D

some good ownership, pfizer/AU/even tindell!! hehe

here is their website:
http://www.endocrinz.com/

Bubble Boy
03-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Its a good story, Dazzla. Smart science and good management. I met Clarke, the CEO, years ago, and he comes accross well. Gluckman has good wraps, saw him on the news about the babies brain cap recently. Whats the word around Auck Uni?

Company has a huge patent portfolio and IPO seems reasonably priced, cheap even, compared to other Aussie biotechs in phase II. They have some excellent links into Pfizer, US military, etc. That dont come easy. Got to be some value there.

NZ tax dollar seems to be paying off. THese companies are making the most of some great research being funded in NZ. Some broker friends of mine are telling me that interest is growing in Aussie for NZ bio companies on the back of the successful LCT listing. Speaking of which, LCT slipped back recently but is up more than 150% since the float about 4 mths ago.

Get 'em while they're cheap.

beautifulmind
13-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, I've just sent my application for a few.

labslave
14-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Don't be fooled by the prospectus or all the hype generated by Neuren's PR machine. Actually it's not smart science at all. In fact its rather old science that dates back to the 1980's.

Contrary to the impression created by their prospectus, Neuren’s drugs are not novel and were not discovered by Gluckman or anyone else at Neuren. Their scientific rationale is not unique and even though GPE (Glypromate) does occur naturally in the brain, it’s never been shown to be induced in response to brain injury or neurological disease. The notion that the injured or diseased brain produces GPE as a self-repair molecule is simply a fairy story concocted by Neuren.

The problem with Neuren’s neuroprotective drugs is their mechanism of action. If you read the prospectus carefully, buried away on page 56 you’ll see that GPE is in fact an NMDA antagonist. This is where alarm bells should ring because NMDA antagonists are characterised by their total failure in large-scale clinical trials. Quite why the supposedly independent science report from Aoris Nova didn’t point this out is unclear, but it was grossly irresponsible in my view.

NMDA antagonists exert their neuroprotective effects by blocking the toxic effects of glutamate which is released in excessive amounts after brain injury. Unfortunately, despite showing considerable therapeutic potential in pre-clinical (animal) testing, dozens of NMDA antagonists developed in the 1980’s and early 90’s have had to be abandoned either because of severe neurotoxic side effects (e.g. Cerestat; Eliprodil) or because there was simply no benefit over placebo when tested in Phase 3 efficacy trials (e.g. Gavestinel). In the worst cases (e.g. Selfotel) increased mortality in treated patients meant Phase 3 trials had to be aborted even though Phase 2 trials were reportedly successful. (Interestingly the Phase 2 trial that concluded Selfotel was safe and well tolerated was carried out by Neuren’s collaborators/partners at the University of Texas Medical Center so I wouldn’t rely too much on any endorsement from them!). Further references to reports detailing the rise and fall of NMDA antagonists as neuroprotective drugs can be found at www.scholar.google.com by searching ‘NMDA clinical trials stroke’.

The warning signs indicate a similar fate in store for GPE and its analogues. In 2002, former Neuronz employee, Lloyd Tran, revealed that animal tests by Neuronz’ own scientists showed inconsistent results – sometimes GPE improved outcome, sometimes it had no effect and sometimes it worsened brain damage or even killed the rats. Such results are consistent with the clinical effects now seen with the NMDA antagonists already trialed in humans.

Neuren’s real weakness is their irrational obsession with Glypromate. It’s not as though they discovered it -all they’ve done is acquire ownership of the original patents and give it a new name. GPE was actually first identified by Swedish scientists in the 1980’s. Further work in Belgium led to the filing of the first patent application for GPE as a neurotherapeutic agent in 1993, well before anyone in Gluckman’s lab began testing it. The original patents were assigned to Pharmacia & Upjohn (later taken over by Pfizer), but some time after Neuronz was formed in 1995 it seems ownership was transferred to Neuronz, presumably through a normal commercial transaction. So, while it’s true Neuren now owns the original patents for GPE that’s only because they bought them, not because they made any original scientific discovery. As for the rest of Neuren’s patent portfolio, the vast majority are simply patents for specific uses of GPE and its analogues in other neurological diseases. They are certainly not patents for novel molecules. It’s a similar story with the diketopiperazines. The original molecule, cycloprolylglycine, is thought to be a metabolite of GPE. It, too, occurs naturally in the brain and was first identified by Russian scientists who applied to patent it in the mid-1990’s.

Before investing in Neuren ask yourself a few questions:
1) Gi

labslave
10-01-2005, 12:43 PM
If you want to have a re-think, beautifulmind, now's your opportunity.
Contrary to the report in today’s Herald, Neuren won’t be listing on the ASX tomorrow. The Offer’s closing date has been extended to Jan 27th and the expected listing date is now Jan 31st. Go to http://asx.netquote.com.au/search-announcements.asp?asxcode=NEU

Although not reported by the Herald or any other media (- I wonder why??!!), it seems the ASIC issued an interim stop order on Dec 13th and required the lodgement of a Supplementary Prospectus. This means the Underwriter has the right to terminate the Underwriting Agreement at any time, in which case the Offer will not be underwritten. As a result all applicants have now been given the option of withdrawing their application and getting a full refund of any money paid to Neuren. All you have to do is make sure Neuren receive your withdrawal in writing by 5 pm on January 27th.

Anyone who originally applied for shares in Neuren because they believed the porkies in the Prospectus would be well advised to take advantage of this reprieve before it’s too late. No company that starts off by misleading its shareholders can be trusted not to do so again. Glypromate was NOT discovered by Gluckman or anyone else at Neuren and nor was its neuroprotective potential first recognised by them. All Neuren have done is acquire the IP rights to an old and abandoned European discovery. The underlying science is not unique, original or novel. Its more than 20 years old and has so far failed to produce any clinically useful neuroprotective drug. No wonder Pharmacia & Upjohn weren’t interested in retaining the IP.

donner
10-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Thats quite some analysis Labman. You sure know your stuff.

So how do you rate GEN?

beautifulmind
20-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Well ... I have just requested a withdrawal. Lab's write up started to give me doubts.

Bubble Boy
21-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Well i am still taking a punt, for what it is worth. Still reckon it will make a good adddition to my biotech portfolio. The ramblings of a disgruntled ex-employee are not going to put me off. I doubt lavslave could back up his claims if it came to the crunch.

I dont even think he has read the prospectus. Pfizer and the US army not big enuf colaborators? They have successfully completed Phase 1 FDA trials. And besides, they have 71 patents in 5 product categories. I think they have moved on from the original, regardless of its origins (which i have no idea about).

Me thinks you are the one telling porkies, Labslave.

marinesalvor
24-01-2005, 11:16 AM
suspect your analysis is more impressive than labslaves Bubbleboy.

labslave
24-01-2005, 03:32 PM
You’re completely wrong if you think I’m a disgruntled ex-employee of Neuren’s. I’ve never worked for either Neuren, Neuronz or Endocrinz. I have, however, worked in the Pharmacology Labs of one of the world’s major pharmas and I’ve seen first-hand what it takes to develop a blockbuster drug. That’s more than can be said of any of Neuren’s scientists or their management. I also have a PhD in pharmacology so I reckon I’m probably better placed than either Bubble Boy or Marinesalvor to understand the underlying science. I can assure you that it’s not me that’s telling the porkies here. Everything I’ve said is true and can be easily checked out if you could only be bothered.

Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion and you’re free to gamble away your own money as you choose. I just hope that none of the major fund managers share your cavalier attitude, otherwise a lot of hard-earned retirement savings could go down the gurgler. Neuren are just preying on the fact that the average investor has neither the scientific nor the medical background to realise that most of their claims just ain’t true.

If the false and misleading picture emanating from Neuren is typical of the biotech industry in general then its not surprising that so many biotechs have failed. In fact, Neuren isn’t even a genuine biotech. That’s just another myth perpetuated by an ill-informed media that’s too lazy to check out the facts. Neuren’s drugs are synthesised chemically in just the same way that the traditional pharmas have been doing for more than a century. There's no biotechnology involved. GPE (Glypromate) can be bought ‘off the shelf’ from ordinary laboratory chemical suppliers – and that’s exactly how Neuren have been obtaining it for the last 10 years. Neuren didn’t discover GPE and neither do they actually make it. It’s not novel and the underlying science is most definitely not unique.

Glypromate is certainly not worth the A$40 million valuation that's been placed on Neuren, yet without glypromate they've got nothing else that's anywhere near ready for clinical testing.

Dazza
24-01-2005, 07:47 PM
if everything is so doom and gloom labslave

why has pfizer and the US army and also Auckland University not sold out yet?

and if it was all doom and gloom then why did it pass the Phase I trials?

yes i to do know that it takes awhile to get the drug on, but we are about to begin Phase II trials... thats pretty far down the track of the drug making process dun u tink?!?!?!

*im ill-informed only half way down the pharmacy degree*

and i take it that pfizer and the US army aswell as AU are not selling their share of the company?

they are only raising the money to fund the trials?

mark me if im wrong here though....

Damo79
24-01-2005, 08:36 PM
quote:yes i to do know that it takes awhile to get the drug on, but we are about to begin Phase II trials... thats pretty far down the track of the drug making process dun u tink?!?!?!

Hi Dazza

Haven't checked out this company of the science behind it at all, although on the face of it Labslave sounded like he knew what he was talking about. The above comment just caught my attention since the following is good for a general rule (according to my 'Biotechnology Commercialization' lectures): About 1 in 10 drugs make it from pre-clinical testing to Phase 1 trials, 1 in 10 of those make it to Phase 2, 1 in 10 of those make it to phase 3, and 1 in 10 of them make it to market. That means that a drug beginning Phase 2 trials is really not very far down the track. Of course this is meant as a rule of thumb and it does sound pretty anecdotal.

On the other hand, the risks should be weighed against the positive of getting in before the strong 'value adding' stages of clinical trials. What I mean is, every single step of the way should increase confidence and value in the company, right up until the point when something goes wrong, and worse case scenario, drug candidate is dropped. See Bresagens E12R cancer drug as an example.

To summarize: investing in a biotech with a single main drug candidate should be considered as a bit of a gamble.

Cheers

Damo

labslave
28-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Some of you guys really don’t seem to understand what’s going on here. You should read the Prospectus properly instead of relying on what’s reported in the media.

Dazza wonders why Pfizer, Auckland Uni and the US Army aren’t selling their shares. The answer to that’s simple. For a start, the US Army is not a shareholder and therefore has nothing to sell*.

As for Pfizer and Auckland Uni, can’t you see that getting rid of part of their shareholding is exactly what this IPO is all about? At the moment, according to the Prospectus (page13) Pfizer own 12.93% of Neuren and Auckland Uni, own 13.27% through Uniservices’ holding in Neuronz. After the float, Pfizer’s shareholding will be reduced to only 8.1% and Auckland Uni’s will be down to 8.26%. The same applies to all the other existing shareholders. In effect they are selling off about one-third of the company to the new investors, i.e. people like you, BubbleBoy. Once trading starts I doubt if it’ll be long before the likes of Pfizer, Auckland Uni, Tindall & Congreve sell off even more of their shares. I suspect the penny has finally dropped and they’ve realised they were sold a lemon when they bought into the company in the first place. Now they are trying to re-coup some of their losses by offloading shares onto anyone gullible enough to buy them.

Don’t forget that Pfizer, through their predecessor Pharmacia & Upjohn, originally owned 100% of the IP for glypromate. They couldn’t have thought it was worth much or they’d never have sold the original patent to Neuronz in the first place. Now, by chance (because of their shareholding in Endocrinz), Pfizer find themselves with a financial interest in the glypromate patents again, yet they are still aren’t interested. Instead of coughing up the A$7.3 million needed for the clinical trials (which would be peanuts to a company like Pfizer) they’re trying to reduce their shareholding in Neuren. That ought to tell you something about what Pfizer really think about glypromate.

* The Prospectus says the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research is a collaborator, not a shareholder. In fact, contractor would be a more accurate term than collaborator because Neuren has contracted them to test the glypromate analogue, NNZ-2566, in their animal models of traumatic brain injury. There’s nothing unusual about this – pharmaceutical companies contract out some of their drug testing all the time. If another lab has a relevant animal model up and running its often quicker and cheaper to pay that lab to test your drug than it is to set up the model yourself.

Dazza
29-01-2005, 11:42 PM
thanks labslave for ur post

mercury
30-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Have not been following this float. I would rather watch the chart.
But reading these above posts is most entertaining...and informative...and I say thank you for your insights Labslave.
Mercury

labslave
03-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Neuren down more than 15% after barely an hour's trading. What does that say about what shareholders really think about Glypromate's chances?

beautifulmind
04-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Neuren's focus turns to trials
Feb 04
AAP

Biotechnology firm Neuren Pharmaceuticals will aim to have both its lead compounds in clinical trials within a year, after the company made an inauspicious debut on the Australian Stock Exchange yesterday.

Neuren, which is developing compounds aimed at treating cell death associated with brain injury, opened at 40¢ - the same as its issue price - but slid back 3¢ by the close of trade. Almost 1.1 million shares were traded.

Neuren chief executive David Clarke said he was excited about the company's listing and now had to consider the long-term future.

"The first step now is to get our lead compound (glypromate) into phase II trials, which we're going to do in the middle of the year, and the second lead compound (2566) will be in phase I trials about six months after," he said.

Glypromate is a neuroprotective drug that has been validated in phase I clinical trials.

It aims to treat cell death associated with brain injury resulting from stroke or traumatic incidents, such as car accidents.

The second compound, 2566, is also aimed at rescuing brain cells but is longer-acting and more potent.

Mr Clarke said the US Army had shown interest in the pre-clinical work for 2566 and was looking at further development of the compound.

Neuren was also developing an oral version of 2566 for treatment of diseases associated with ageing, such as Alzheimer's.

Mr Clarke said Neuren had five product families in its portfolio, including a compound that could grow nerve cells across a gap.

"So, if you have a spinal injury, you crush your nerve cells, it'll grow fresh nerve cells across a gap - that is quite exciting," he said.

Mr Clarke said developing more partnerships would also be a key focus.

Neuren raised $15 million in an initial public offering, issuing 37.5 million shares at 40¢ a share. The company has 100 million shares on issue.

labslave
04-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Clarke’s saying nothing new here. He’s spun the same old line about aiming to start clinical trials ever since he joined the company 3 years ago. This is just a selection of what he told the NZ Herald in 2002:

26/1/2002 – from the NZ Herald
“Neuronz is developing medicines that may stop those brain cells dying. It has hired a chief development officer from Pfizer in Britain, Elizabeth Hopkins, to manage clinical trials of medicines this year, and Clarke hopes to have the first ones on the market next year.”

24/5/2002 – NZ Herald
“At the same time, it is applying this month to the Ministry of Health's standing committee on therapeutic trials for approval to test GPE on human stroke patients through Auckland University's clinical trials unit from September.

Neuronz chief development officer Elizabeth Hopkins says the standard FDA process will be used: "First give it to three patients; if none have adverse effects, continue the dose; if still no adverse effects, give it to another three patients; and so on up to 15 to 30 patients.

"We will be able to test whether GPE crosses the blood/brain barrier in humans," Hopkins says.

If all goes well, Stage 2 will be a bigger trial, probably in Australia, this time using cardiac artery bypass patients who have surgery at planned times so their brain functions can be measured before and after. This could start next March [2003].”

17/12/2002 – NZ Herald
“ Neuronz operating expenses rose from $3.4 million in 2000 to $8.9 million last year.

With revenue of only $271,000, the net loss was $8.6 million.

Clarke said the decision to halve staff numbers had helped to halve the company's "burn rate" pending clinical trials of its first potential medical drug which are due to start in March [2003].”

It's just rhetoric and empty promises. Neuren seem to be no nearer to actually carrying out a Phase 2 trial than they were 3 years ago. They still haven’t answered 2 crucial questions:
1) Where are these Phase 2 trials going to take place?
2) Have they actually got scientific and ethical approval for a Phase 2 trial?

[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>

Dazza
07-06-2005, 10:12 AM
labslave, explain this eh

theyve skiped phase 2 trials granted by the FDA
u sure u aint a disgruntled ex-employee?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?
c_id=3&ObjectID=10329379

Neuren’s shares surge on ASX

By Peter Nowak

Shares of Neuren Pharmaceuticals shot up 25 per cent on the Australian Stock Exchange on news that the Auckland-based company has permission to skip phase II testing of its brain drug glypromate.

Yesterday’s surge took the company’s market capitalisation to A$41.5 million ($44.9 million) - still a minnow, but a significantly larger one than it was just the day before.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruling means that Neuren can proceed to phase III testing - the final stage before releasing the drug to the market - by 2006, or two years earlier than planned.

The company must still complete a phase IIa safety trial, but can skip the longer and expensive phase IIb.

Neuren says this will save the company A$6 million.

It expects to bring glypromate to market by 2009.

Glypromate helps stem the loss of brain function after coronary artery bypass grafting surgery.

Neuren says the FDA has acknowledged that there is currently no other treatment available, and the company is projecting a target global market of US$2 billion ($2.8 billion).

Neuren also says the drug can be used after strokes or other brain injuries - markets totalling a further US$4.5 billion.

"A 10 per cent share of those markets will do us quite nicely, thank you," said chief executive David Clarke.

"This a major business opportunity for Neuren on a number of levels.

"Our phase III trial programme is not only advanced to 2006, but the overall drug development programme should now cost many millions of dollars less because of this decision."

Clarke said the company’s potential to licence and generate nearer-term revenue had increased "substantially".

He said the FDA recognised no treatments existed to prevent the loss of brain function in the circumstances relevant to the use of glypromate "and we will be working with the FDA to refine the final design of the new study".

More than 400,000 patients have coronary artery bypass grafting surgery in the United States each year and some loss of brain function had been reported in up to 70 per cent of patients.

Sharemarket analysts were bullish about the news.

"I’m not aware of the FDA ever allowing a company to forego efficacy trials in phase II and move directly into phase III," said Thomas Duthy, biotech equities analyst with Taylor Collison in Sydney.

"I think that’s very unique and highlights the very elegant technological data that was supplied to the FDA by Neuren."

Duthy rated the stock a "strong buy," and said there would be a re-rating of the stock in the short term.

"It’s quite a big deal for Australian biotech as well," he said. "We’ve been lacking any sort of good news flow over the last six to 12 months, and this could actually be a shot in the arm for the whole sector."

Patrick Potts, senior analyst with Emerging Growth Capital in Sydney, said Neuren was "one of the region’s most promising biotechnology companies", and rated the stock a strong buy, with a valuation of 55Ac.

Neuren shares closed yesterday at 41.5Ac.

The company has operations in Auckland, where most of its 20 employees and consultants are based, and offices in Australia and the United States.

Who owns it

Auckland-based and Australian-listed Neuren is 50 per cent owned by New Zealanders.

Major shareholders include: University of Auckland (10 per cent), New Zealand Seed Fund (11.4 per cent) and Stephen Tindall’s K1W1 (6.3 per cent).

Foreign shareholders include: Pfizer (8.1 per cent) and Australia’s Macquarie Bank (9.6 per cent).

DISC: none

marinesalvor
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
yes funny how labslave disappeared - as did Donner's sycophancy

Happy
07-06-2005, 04:19 PM
The announcement today is very significant. I am surprised that it has only gone up 14%!

Bubble Boy
07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Was up 25% yesterday as well, so up about 42% this week.

Nice work from Neuren.

Disc: Very happy holder

marinesalvor
11-07-2005, 09:33 AM
another great announcement in Herald today

Dazza
11-07-2005, 07:25 PM
good to hear u a holder BB

unfortunately i didnt have the funds for it

still a good kiwi company :D

labslave
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Marinesalvor would be better advised to at least read Neuren's announcements to the ASX rather than relying on the nonsense reported in the Herald. Contrary to what the Herald would have us believe, glypromate is NOT about to start Phase 3 trials. Neuren still has to complete a phase 2 trial which apparently hasn't even started yet. In reality they're no further forward than they were at the time of the float.
As for NNZ-2566, that's nowhere near ready for any human trials and certainly not a phase 3 trial. If David Clarke really told the Herald that "the latest results were sufficient to start stage III human clinical trials" then he's living in cloud cuckoo land. Perhaps he's been sampling Neuren's drugs himself. After all, psychotropic & hallucinatory side effects are well described for other drugs in this class and were what led to Phase 3 trials of other NMDA antagonists being aborted.

Nevl
13-03-2006, 10:01 PM
looks as though Labrat was wrong. Phase 3 trials have started for Glypormate and the nn... is all go as well in phase 1 trials. Nice bump in the share price too. Would be great to have a really sucessful Kiwi Biotech. Still Phase 3 and Phase 1 is a long way from commercialisation. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Genesis fell at Phase 3 trials.

marinesalvor
14-03-2006, 10:13 AM
everyone always knew Labrat was wrong

Nevl
21-10-2006, 10:13 PM
hi anyone else take up shares in the SPp.

I have requested a few and I guess takeup was not so hot so the the latest announcements were to boost participation. Looking for news on the Glypromate trials soon.

Would be good to get a product in the pipeline

Nevl
06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Not looking good despite upbeat report. Guess I was wrong about this one. Still BZI is looking good.

Anyone have any news on the slump in shareprice. Is it just because the Phase 3 trials don't seem to be moving ahead at all? I am in for the long run and wont be selling but would be interested in the general drift downwards and if anyone has heard anything?

KiwiA4
31-01-2007, 01:50 PM
FDA approves IND for Phase 3 trial of Glypromate

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070131/pdf/310q7vk1z3wy0c.pdf

Joshuatree
25-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Neu on a 4 year high.

steve fleming
25-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Neu on a 4 year high.

One of a few bio-techs that are performing very strongly.

It's pretty clear now that the smart speculative money exited resources some time ago and switched into bio-techs.

Joshuatree
25-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Yes may take small profits and build cash for ops, may leave some cash in NEU too , pretty good sentiment atm or may split it into 3 and add 2 more bios.

Joshuatree
08-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Highest price since 2008 today @ 13c

Joshuatree
15-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Sold the rest today @12.5c . Will apply for SPP on mon morn @11.5c and increase my holdings.

ratkin
28-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Any others still holding these?
been an interesting ride the last year or so
Spent a while in the duldrums for no particular reason, but are nearing some
results action

Joshuatree
28-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Looking great atm ratkin and building to results in maybe 10 weeks time+ or -. You're not living if you don't have a biostock;)

corlemar
29-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Any others still holding these?
been an interesting ride the last year or so
Spent a while in the duldrums for no particular reason, but are nearing some
results action

Still holding.....ridden the wave up last year and down to recent lows, now back on the wave.....really interesting company with financial support from the US Army.....clearly they see something !!!

Joshuatree
10-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Trading halt pending announcement regarding neurens Phase 2 trial of NNZ-2566 Syndrome."You're not living if you don't have a small exposure to a biostock":)

corlemar
10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Trading halt pending announcement regarding neurens Phase 2 trial of NNZ-2566 Syndrome."You're not living if you don't have a small exposure to a biostock":)

Still holding.....had to be v.patient with this company !

ratkin
10-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Fingers crossed, my only speccy biotech. Couod go either way

corlemar
12-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Fingers crossed, my only speccy biotech. Couod go either way

25mn shares traded in first hour......lots of people taking profit !!!
Still holding but taken some cash off the table !!!

Joshuatree
12-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Neuren successful in Rett syndrome Phase 2 trial

Yes very good announcement , not selling any atp a glittering future ahead imo. DYOR its a Bio lol

ratkin
12-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Neuren successful in Rett syndrome Phase 2 trial

Yes very good announcement , not selling any atp a glittering future ahead imo. DYOR its a Bio lol

fantastic result , very good outcome for Rett sufferers and shareholders alike. Up over 50% today. Now the stock is de risked it looks fantastic buying at these levels. Once the profit takers have had their fill, and the good news spreads we should see the price creep upwards over the coming months

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/58886/neuren-pharmaceuticals-makes-rett-syndrome-trial-breakthrough-58886.html

percy
12-11-2014, 05:49 PM
fantastic result , very good outcome for Rett sufferers and shareholders alike. Up over 50% today. Now the stock is de risked it looks fantastic buying at these levels. Once the profit takers have had their fill, and the good news spreads we should see the price creep upwards over the coming months

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/58886/neuren-pharmaceuticals-makes-rett-syndrome-trial-breakthrough-58886.html

Well done to holders.!

Joshuatree
01-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Australian financial revue has picked 4 biostocks for 2015. Number one is NEUREN
"neuren had arrange of diseases it is targeting with other drugs, giving it sufficient diversity.Some of their tasks are quite hard but all they need is one " he said.

Ive been holding for years

ratkin
01-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Australian financial revue has picked 4 biostocks for 2015. Number one is NEUREN
"neuren had arrange of diseases it is targeting with other drugs, giving it sufficient diversity.Some of their tasks are quite hard but all they need is one " he said.

Ive been holding for years

Excellent news , what were the other three out of interest

Joshuatree
01-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Cant access the full article ; have put up a new thread asking for someone to post AFR top picks 2015.;)

Joshuatree
01-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Other picks were (no ticker provided)
MPEDIMED which has a procedure to measure fluid buildup and can be used to detect early signs of lymph oedema.

SIRTEX MEDICAL Cancer therapy with tiny radioactive beads. has run up a lot in 2014

NANOSONICS Disinfectant for probes. having had a probe up both ends i appreciate their tech:D over the current hand wipe.. reminds of the dreadful but apparently proven cure for hangover but you'd have to PM me if you really want to know.

winner69
01-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Other picks were (no ticker provided)
MPEDIMED which has a procedure to measure fluid buildup and can be used to detect early signs of lymph oedema.

SIRTEX MEDICAL Cancer therapy with tiny radioactive beads. has run up a lot in 2014

NANOSONICS Disinfectant for probes. having had a probe up both ends i appreciate their tech:D over the current hand wipe.. reminds of the dreadful but apparently proven cure for hangover but you'd have to PM me if you really want to know.

Everybody loves that Nanosonics ....even well connected Sharetraders

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9996-NAN-Infection-Control

And more on the PEB thread because NAN is better than PEB

Joshuatree
02-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Great close on biggest volume in a while closing @ 13.5c. If it holds great but not banking on it.

Joshuatree
05-01-2015, 03:51 PM
5 or 6 year high currently 15.5c after hitting 17c.

Speeding ticket from ASX response "neuren was featured favourably in The AFR on 30th dec and Jan 1 and also in Sydney morning herald and the Age on 29th dec. neuren was selected by the AFR as one of 4 biostocks to watch in 2015" :)

Joshuatree
08-01-2015, 01:57 PM
17c again and looking strong. i sold all my holdings for a little less. HOPE, to get back in before more expected announcements.Its flavour of the moment

samoooli
26-02-2015, 02:19 PM
FDA decision due either Tomorrow or Monday - Bit of a run starting on volume maybe?

Joshuatree
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Not good for NEU in the short term, didn't get the FDA decision they wanted. Can apply again though .Still other irons in the fire. Will watch atp.

samoooli
02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Yeap. Ouch. Sold out at 13 looking for a lower entry..

Way overdone imo - this is not a one trick pony.

Joshuatree
07-12-2015, 10:01 PM
PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01693557)

Successful phase 2 trial. s/p up 33% today to 12c. Alas i took my eye off and never got back in.Should help my position a little in the ASX stock pick comp.

yabster
17-03-2023, 06:59 AM
Old Thread- interesting reading- anyone on this? - good NZ roots- Dame Margaret Brimble developed the drug- Neuren have partnered with Acadia - for the US rights- FDA has recently approved the drug -for Retts syndrome.

First sales expected in April will trigger a $40m US payment to Neuren, Royalties high also.
ROW rights- in negotiation
NNZ 2591 - in phase II, four other indications- -Oppurtunity- 5 times that of Retts

Joshuatree
23-03-2023, 11:26 PM
Sold all mine for re 16c e ,and forgot to get back in at the 13c,now $13.00! You ridden this up yabster or anyone else?

yabster
24-03-2023, 06:26 AM
yeah have few first bought at 8.5 cents -but they did a 20:1 consol- bought a few on the way up too. Still worth a look lots of $ coming in and NNZ 2591 is meant to be a better version of Trof - 4 indications in phase II (lots more patented) and 1 will have phase two results later in the year.

yabster
18-12-2023, 12:06 PM
still not too late to jump on this! - NZ scientist - great phase two results for Phelan McDermid- three other phase two trials due in 2024- touched $22 today.

clip
19-12-2023, 08:19 PM
Found I bought 6000 shares for 9 cents in 2013. And then sold them again not that long after sadly

ratkin
22-12-2023, 06:45 PM
Found I bought 6000 shares for 9 cents in 2013. And then sold them again not that long after sadly

Looking back through the thread seems I owned some too. Swear I would be much better off If I had never sold any shares in anything.