PDA

View Full Version : The Strength of SAMSON (SSN)

Pages : 1 [2]

JBmurc
31-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Have any of you Samson followers heard anything about SSN using "Petro Frac" technology? There is a gas fraccing technology emerging and that SSN are trialling or about to trial.

I dont hold any SSN stock but very interested to hear if anyone has any details.

No expert on the new fraccing technology but for sure Halliburton & Chesapeake spend muti millions on Oil&Gas tech

JBmurc
31-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Oiler, SSN do hydraulic fraccing and as per their quarterly securing sufficient water is a concern. Petro fraccing ( see Google ) uses petro solvents which dissolve the oil in situ and is proving to be very successful. I spoke to Terry at that Sydney conference. He was talking plus 70 odd cents for SSN.

See you Saturday!

70c nice should have brought more at 2.1c

pago
31-01-2011, 11:08 PM
jb
still holding,i mill+
patience is a virture
target 21c
but we will see
ssn is still playing out to plan
we may get a 5%/10% correction on the dow,but i will hold ssn.
re oilers comment,i have read about the new frakken method
cheers pago

drillfix
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
No expert on the new fraccing technology but for sure Halliburton & Chesapeake spend muti millions on Oil&Gas tech

Hi JB, I once posted mentioning about this where there is plenty of info on such process and what spending is done in a documentary called GasLand 2010.

There are snips of it on the web if you just do a google search or some with download links which is about a 700MB file or there abouts.

Or here is a quick link also: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/gasland/

Here is a snip from some writing of it:

It is happening all across America-rural landowners wake up one day to find a lucrative offer from an energy company wanting to lease their property. Reason? The company hopes to tap into a reservoir dubbed the "Saudi Arabia of natural gas." Halliburton developed a way to get the gas out of the ground-a hydraulic drilling process called "fracking"-and suddenly America finds itself on the precipice of becoming an energy superpower.

Well, the thing about this process and whole ordeal of the companies over there doing this is that they are not completely respecting what anybody who lives there situation. Meaning, some locals experiencing fire coming out of their taps, and issues with water and a few other yet to mention problems that keep getting overlooked and appear only from when this process starts, or in other words, caused by these companies whom just get a permit and off they go,wham, a gas plant in no time and off the go to the next permit.

Lots of good, bad and sad in amongst that whereby I think if half the people had a conscience, they would probably not support this (in certain areas with peoples livelihood).

Anyway, I encourage you to check it out as its the story that folks also need to hear besides Halliburton one sided point of view.

To me, if the law, the peoples own environmental ministers cannot protect them, nor have any say, then why are they there. It means the system is completely flawed over there, but then thats nothing new really is it.

JBmurc
01-02-2011, 12:32 PM
SSN booming agin today high of 13.5c or 11c in the opts

JBmurc
07-02-2011, 04:39 PM
ALTERNATIVE TO HYDRO-FRACKING:

Propane Fracking

May 26th, 2010 | Author: richhill

The new alternative to hydrofracking is propane fracking. This is considered the Green alternative when the cracking of rock layers underground is needed to extract a natural gas or oil reservoir that is trapped in shale rock beds.

The principal is basically the same as hydro fracking. Liquefied petroleum gas is pumped down a well bore and into the rock bed in a gel form. This cracks the shale rock bed without the formational damage other fracking methods might present.

One of the leading advantages of using LPG over water and oil based fracking techniques is the recovery of the fracking fluid. Sand and surfactants are used in the typical hydrofracking technique. This waste water then needs to be treated or stored securely after it is used. The propane fracturing technique is different.

The LPG method places the LPG in the well bore as a liquid or gel and upon completion of the fracking procedure it is withdrawn as a gas. Unlike the hydro fracking technique that takes up to 5 days to extract 50% of the hydrofracking medium, with LPG the time is only 24 to 48 hours at a rate of nearly 100%.

The recovery of this propane gas is done along with the same pipeline used to collect the natural gas. This allows for the elimination to flare sales gas for a week or more as which is common with hydro fracturing techniques. There are even conservative estimates that this procedure increases the productivity of a well by 35%.

LPG is a highly flammable gas but is safe to work with in gel form. This is the form that is used in propane fracking for the natural gas industry.

Our sponsor, TranZ is in the business of supplying transportation for all types of goods needed in the Marcellus Shale gas fracking business.

Update on propane fracking an environmental consideration

JBmurc
08-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Up another near 4% on the AMEX $3(15c asx) not far away

msgoldenhair
17-02-2011, 06:31 PM
more solid action today...interesting to see what it does in the US tonight...a long term hold for me

bermuda
17-02-2011, 09:12 PM
more solid action today...interesting to see what it does in the US tonight...a long term hold for me

Golden,
I got interested because this track of oil bearing shale has got some serious punters. Got 100k last week at 13 cents against everything the charts said. Showed an immediate loss but this little Sampson has got very strong legs. TB told me at the Sydney O&G conference it was worth 70 cents plus. That was back then. He would be talking over a dollar now. This Niobarra ( spelling? ) has really got America excited.

ps VPE has 7 million SSN.

JBmurc
18-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Golden,
I got interested because this track of oil bearing shale has got some serious punters. Got 100k last week at 13 cents against everything the charts said. Showed an immediate loss but this little Sampson has got very strong legs. TB told me at the Sydney O&G conference it was worth 70 cents plus. That was back then. He would be talking over a dollar now. This Niobarra ( spelling? ) has really got America excited.

ps VPE has 7 million SSN.

great to have you on board B like yourself I'll be sitting back and enjoying the ride we really haven't seen nothing yet
Brought my first lot of SSNO 2.1c holding 750k soon 1mill if AMU would hurry up and get taken over

JBmurc
22-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX:SSN) (NYSE AMEX:SSN) advises that firm fracture stimulation dates for the Rodney #1-14H and Earl 1-13H wells have been established. In an earlier presentation Samson expected that the wells would be fracture stimulated in February after a service provider made a crew available, however, that crew was subsequently withdrawn.

Fracture stimulation operations are expected to commence
March 14 th for the Rodney well and March 28 th for the Earl well. These two wells are the latest wells drilled to date in the North Stockyard field.

Samson presently expects to drill the remaining 640 acre spaced Bakken well (Harstad #2-15) in the North Stockyard Field and the 4 infill wells to establish a 320 acre spacing during the course of 2011. Samson also plans to drill the first well to evaluate the Three Forks Formation within the North Stockyard Field in 2011.

JBmurc
24-02-2011, 01:34 PM
New Enercom Presentation out checkout at their website

http://www.samsonoilandgas.com.au/IRM/content/home.html

----VALUATION METRICS
• 413,000 Bbls per well (curve from vintage Silo
wells)
• 1 Well per 160 acres
• Recovery is therefore 2,581 bbls per acre
• Net 14,000 SSN acres
• Net SSN contingent reserve 36.1 mmstb
• NPV 10 US$18.9 per bbl
• NPV 10 US$682 million or US$8.20 per share or 40cps ASX 38.5c ssno

msgoldenhair
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
exciting day...oppies just hit 17 cents! I was contemplating more at 12c 2 weeks ago but thought I would wait for a pullback and instead zooming ahead. I know they did well in the US overnight but did not expect to see 17 today

JBmurc
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
exciting day...oppies just hit 17 cents! I was contemplating more at 12c 2 weeks ago but thought I would wait for a pullback and instead zooming ahead. I know they did well in the US overnight but did not expect to see 17 today

Yes some good news to be annouced going from SSN trading history not selling one opt even at 17c above 20c I could well be temped if before the end of march

msgoldenhair
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi JB, Strong move overnight again. I sold some of mine early on to free carry and am thinking I will hold on at least into the next Aust tax year even though I am over 1 yr for CGT already. Just would like to defer the tax I will have to pay! Even then I think I would convert before selling as the opps seem to be lagging the heads. Mind you it is hard to hold when they are overweight in my portfolio but assuming the market doesn't tank I think there is more in this. Not too many here are interested though...is that a bad sign? Anyway good luck...you should win the tipping comp if they keep this up! mgh

JBmurc
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi JB, Strong move overnight again. I sold some of mine early on to free carry and am thinking I will hold on at least into the next Aust tax year even though I am over 1 yr for CGT already. Just would like to defer the tax I will have to pay! Even then I think I would convert before selling as the opps seem to be lagging the heads. Mind you it is hard to hold when they are overweight in my portfolio but assuming the market doesn't tank I think there is more in this. Not too many here are interested though...is that a bad sign? Anyway good luck...you should win the tipping comp if they keep this up! mgh

Yes I know what you mean SSN are now a very big part of my portfilo but and should really re-balance but at the same time they are involved with something that could see them many mutiables of even present prices

scorp57
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes I know what you mean SSN are now a very big part of my portfilo but and should really re-balance but at the same time they are involved with something that could see them many mutiables of even present prices

JB - I bought 100,000 at the start of 2010 for 3c... sold a little while longer at 3c. Another one that got away!!!

good luck mate. alot goin on with this stock! only upside in the long run IMO

JBmurc
02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
JB - I bought 100,000 at the start of 2010 for 3c... sold a little while longer at 3c. Another one that got away!!!

good luck mate. alot goin on with this stock! only upside in the long run IMO

Yeah thanks mate if only I had held onto my AYN as well I'd have had one really big week

JBmurc
18-03-2011, 10:38 AM
great to see the Amex sees the value in SSN up 9%---after a very flat day on the ASX that started so well to finish with a fool seller dumping a load @16c
-- there's only 25% of shares(likely same for the opts) that aren't held by the ASX:AMEX Top 20 so anyone else wanting to buy big will drive the SP well north..

Quote: you ain't seen nothing yet.....from the MD

JBmurc
30-03-2011, 02:11 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON RODNEY #1-14H
Denver 1700 hours March 29th, Perth 0700 hours March 30th 2011.
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN, NYSE AMEX: SSN) provides a progress report on the Rodney #1-14 well. (Samson 26.3% working interest) Since the Company’s last report, the 16th and final stage of the stimulation was pumped, for a total of 1.7 million pounds of proppant placed in the well.
Flow back operations commenced on March 23rd. This flow back is being undertaken with 15 individual frac plugs in place, these are required to facilitate the fraccing operations. The flow back is being controlled by design to ensure the proppant remains in place. The rate is therefore restricted down hole and is not representative of an initial production rate, which can only be determined after the frac plugs have been drilled out. This operation (planned as part of the completion) will be undertaken by the work over rig that is presently scheduled to be on site next week.
Even though the flow rate may not be representative, the restricted flow back results are nevertheless very encouraging, with a maximum oil rate of 1320 BOPD being recorded. During the flow back operations, the water rate has reduced from an initial rate of 2800 BWPD to 470 BWPD. This decreased water rate is commensurate with an initial water cut of 86% reducing to a water cut of 48%. It is expected that the water cut will continue to reduce to around 25%. Gas rates have varied between 1.38 mmcfpd to 0.9 mmcfpd
Oil sales commenced immediately and the gas sales line was connected after 4 days of flaring, so both products are already being marketed and generating cash flow.

JBmurc
19-04-2011, 02:28 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON OPERATIONS IN THE NORTH STOCKYARD OILFIELD
Denver 1700 hours 18th April, 2011, Perth 0700 hours, 19th April, 2011
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN, NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises on the three active wells in the North Stockyard Oilfield.
The Earl #1-13H has been under flow back since April 13th but the 19 frac plugs have yet to be drilled out. The flow rates will be published later this week when the plugs are expected to be removed. A work over rig is already being mobilized to the Earl well site, and is presently expected to initiate the plug drill out either late Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
After completing the drill out of the Earl well, the work over rig will move to the Rodney #1-14H location and conduct the drill out of the plugs in that well.
Separately, the drilling rig that is to drill the Everett #1-15H well is currently being mobilized to the well site. The rig move is being hampered by poor weather conditions and the spring thaw of the well sites. Upon completion of the mobilization, the rig owner is planning to undertake repairs to the rig before commencing drilling, so the spud is currently expected to occur the last week of April.

asc4
12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Anyone still keen on this? So much on the go. Some guys close to the sites puts updates on this site: https://sites.google.com/site/gashunterell1949/

Spot on reliable stuff too.

airedale
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi asc4, that does not tell us a lot. Sounds like the thoughts of guys who are driving by the drill site.

rev
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
That's exactly what it is, but the info is spot on every time - and usually a day or two before the company puts it out.

asc4
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah the info is spot on. Can't complain about on the ground info, better than trying to figure out what management r doing and comparing to war they r saying! I've found it useful

JBmurc
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
well looks like I'm not the only SSN'er on ST still holding my mill opts should have sold in the low 20's but confident we'll see a lot higher this year

got this great overview on SSN off HC posted by OMR just shows how great and undervalued SSN is even at 259mill market cap

Quick update on whats happened this year and what's to come.

Achieved this year
- Niobrara 3D seismic survey. Conventional processing and interpretation is complete, with several stratigraphic traps, structural traps and depositional porosity features identified at 3 different levels.

- HAL JV/farm-in to develop Niobrara acreage with Samson. We have acquired an additional 960 acres in this play at auction last week.

- matsim posted this on the 3rd April and it gives a good breakdown on this deal.

"SSN has a current working interest in the Hawk Springs Project of 58.4% for the 2 appraisal wells with Halliburton. After the completion of these wells IMO the WI will be reduced to 43.81% for the remaining project (11277 acres).

The Halliburton farm in area consists of a gross area of 11,277 acres of which Samson currently owns 6,589 net acres. Subsequent to the completion of both wells Samson acreage holding inside the Halliburton area will be reduced to 4,941 acres.�

SSN have a total of 14353 acreage in the Hawk Springs Project on a 160 acre spacing (if approved) would achieve 89 wells at 100% WI, with hopefully an additional 4000 acres by years end. We don't even know what other plays may exist as per the 3 forks formation in the Bakken.

If SSN were successful in the initial stages of the Project and went into full field production,it would budget $36.7 Million for additional drilling. If this was the case the budget would allow for approx 20 wells for the 2011 2012 fiscal year based on SSN WI and well costs which I put at $3.5 - $4 Million each."

First 4 wells have now been approved
- Stars and stripes
- Defender
- Valiant
- Freedom

-2 wells in this programme will be free carried by Halliburton.

-These wells are expected to spud end of May/ June. Once the potential of the resource has been proven, 2 wells per month are programmed to be drilled from end of June onwards.

-All wells drilled by Cheseapeake on the land that we sold them is subject to an on average 3.8% ORRI ( over riding royalty interest )

The unofficial well list

- Enterprise
- Courageous
- Hall
- Intrepid
- Gleam
- Clarke
- Price
- Ahlbrandt ??
- Brandt
- State 24-63-14-1

- Infill Bakken program, which would see an additional four development wells drilled within the field.

- In addition Samson is looking to drill an appraisal well to evaluate the production performance of the Three Forks Formation in North Stockyard Field.

-Terry is attempting to secure an additional 20,000 acres in the Bakken.

- SPUD Everett #2-14H. This well spudded on 7th May. SSN approx 30% interest

- Frac of both Rodney #1-14H (27% working interest) and EARL #1-13H (32% working interest)

- Rodney has been fraced. Plugs to be drilled when Earl is finished.

- Earl has been compromised by bad weather and breakdowns. Plugs partly drilled. Problems with tubing string have temporarily delayed completion.

- State GC#2 well will be fracture-stimulated as soon as a frac crew becomes available. Samson 27% interest.

Q2 2011
- Diamondback Samson 100% Working Interest. The well intends to spud by June 2011.
"The well will be located in Jefferson County, Texas approximately 9.5 miles south of the town of Fannett. The well has been permitted to a depth of 8,900 feet to test a bright spot anomaly in the prolific Oligocene Marginulina Frio sand."

- Wyoming Greater Green River Basin sale has now been closed with Samson receiving $6.3 Million. Our cash position is now $73.3 Million. A tax loss has resulted from this sale and as a result, this will offset our tax liability with regard to the land sale to Cheseapeake. Estimate is $8 Million.

- MAY 2011
DEBT FREE

-A contract to secure 322,000 barrels of water for drilling operations has been secured. This can be increased when necessary.

asc4
01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
SAMSON OIL & GAS PAYS OFF DEBT FACILITY, ADVISES ON OPERATIONS
Denver 1800 hours May 31St, Perth 0800 hours June 1st 2011
DEBT FACILITY
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN, NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that it has fully repaid its debt facility today. After this final repayment of the facility, which once stood at US$21 million, Samson no longer has any debt on its balance sheet, and its current cash balance is approximately US$61.2 million. Samson holds its cash and cash equivalents in three US dollar denominated bank accounts ($54.8 million) and one Australian dollar denominated account (A$6.0 million).
EVERETT #1-15H (31% WORKING INTEREST)
The Everett #1-15H well has reached a total measured depth of 17,350 feet, as planned, and is currently conditioning the hole prior to running the 4 1/2 inch production liner. This liner will enable a 20 stage fracture stimulation to be undertaken. Oil and gas shows consistent with the balance of the Bakken wells in this field were observed whilst drilling the final part of the lateral.
The Everett #1-15H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 15 in Williams County, North Dakota. The Everett #1-15H well is Samson?s sixth Bakken well in the North Stockyard Field.
EARL #1-13H (32% WORKING INTEREST)
As expected, the remaining parted tubing was extracted from the stuck point and was tripped out of the hole to the vertical part of the well bore. As the fish was moved, a marked increase in the flow rate was observed, and this flow rate of approximately 1,200 BOPD was too high to safely trip the balance of the tubing out of the well at that time. The work over crew then stood down for the holiday weekend.
Forecasted high winds in the area have curtailed operations today, but the forward strategy is to pump a well control fluid into the well and trip the fish out of the hole. Inspection of that recovery will determine the next step; if the entire bottom hole assembly is recovered, then the balance of the plugs will then be drilled out.
The Earl #1-13H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 13 in Williams County, North Dakota.

WOW 1200 BOPD! with some plugs yet to be drilled out, Everett with gas shows, debt free (with 60mill in da bank)....GREAT ANN!! Should recover some lost ground over the coming days me thinks. What a moody beast SSN is, needs more Instos on board to stabilize itself a bit.

JBmurc
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah looking forward to the ann. announcing the tubing fished being completed and flow rates move over 2000BOPD on plugs drilled out then SSN should be backin the mid teens once more.
-Everett producting likewise should see us further upwards to the recent highs again 20c+
-Then we also have Rodney to have plugs drilled with flow rates to be ann.
-Diamondback to spud (SSN 100%) this month
-And of course Cheseapeake & Halliburton will be underway drilling many wells with royalties towards SSN

SSN my largest shareholding for good reason

asc4
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Also the Defender well. (Hawkesprings)..this could determine the viability of the Niobrara acreage...could be a a major turn point for SSN. Spud in July.

JBmurc
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Also the Defender well. (Hawkesprings)..this could determine the viability of the Niobrara acreage...could be a a major turn point for SSN. Spud in July.
yeah if thats good 50c could well be reached during our winter as SSN have shown they know how to find the Oil with few dusters in their history

JBmurc
03-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Great buying pressure on SSN overnight on the AMEX 3.20 close ====$3.20 = A$2.98845 / 20 = A$.1494225 so 15c very likely today on the ASX

asc4
03-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Fantastic performance over the last few days considering the dow. Hopefully we've seen the bottom circa 12-12.5c and it is back to test old highs over the next couple of months, volume was up and certainly looks like a break of the downtread if she closes the week at 15c. I think speculation will hit fever pitch mid-july with Defender drilling, as mentioned earlier. Wonder when we will start to see royalties from the CHK wells, next quarterly should be an interesting read in regards to production.

JBmurc
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Fantastic performance over the last few days considering the dow. Hopefully we've seen the bottom circa 12-12.5c and it is back to test old highs over the next couple of months, volume was up and certainly looks like a break of the downtread if she closes the week at 15c. I think speculation will hit fever pitch mid-july with Defender drilling, as mentioned earlier. Wonder when we will start to see royalties from the CHK wells, next quarterly should be an interesting read in regards to production.

yeah getting well sick of that downtrend looking forward to the breakout today, then looking forward till the end of 2011 SSN should have a massive cashflow 500k per day etc overall I wouldn,t be surprised to see a predator come knocking esp. as SSN being involved with some of the biggest energy giants worldwide
If the likes of Cheseapeake & Halliburton hit massive paydirt it would be very unlikely for one not to takeover the jnr SSN
50c they can have my opts

asc4
03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON OPERATIONS
Denver 1800 hours June 2nd, Perth 0800 hours June 3rd 2011
NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD NORTH DAKOTA
EVERETT #1-15H (31% WORKING INTEREST)
The 4 1/2 inch production liner has successfully been run to a measured depth of 17,350 feet in the Everett #1-15H well. This liner will enable a 20-stage fracture stimulation to be undertaken in late August or early September.
The Everett #1-15H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 15 in Williams County, North Dakota. The Everett #1-15H well is Samson?s sixth Bakken well in the North Stockyard Field.
As previously advised, during the frac plug drill out operations, in the Earl well, the drill string parted and left a string of tubing and a drilling assembly in the well bore. Fishing operations have now been completed with the entire remaining bottom hole assembly recovered. While preparations were being undertaken to drill out the remaining frac plugs, Williams County roads near the drill site were temporarily closed due to the recent heavy rainfall and flooding, restricting the movement of materials. Accordingly the well was shut in and secured. The road closure is expected to delay operations by approximately 1 week.
The Earl #1-13H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 13 in Williams County, North Dakota.
HAWKS SPRINGS PROJECT WYOMING
Samson has received two well proposals from Chesapeake. The wells proposed to be drilled by Chesapeake are located on the southern boundary of the Hawks Springs project, and are expected to be drilled consecutively in September and October of this year. Samson has until July 12 to elect to participate and will use this time to evaluate the proposals and make a decision. The wells are:
State 24-63 14-1H (SSN working interest 12.5%) State 24-63 10-1H (SSN working interest 25%) These wells have been proposed as 4,290 feet horizontals that will be fracture stimulated.

Good news with the 2 CHK wells, 2 more this year for samson.
The fishing has been done, but the 1 week delay could see by a wee bit limiting on the SP if anything holds it up today.
Everett getting prepped for fraccing in AUG/SEP

WHAT ABOUT RODNEY?????

JBmurc
03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
yeah hopefully next week we here about Rodney.......good news on CHK lets hope SSN increases their interest to least 25% on both as they only had 50% for a start from memory..few delays will certain hold the SP at this levels but give SSN a 6 month outlook :)

JBmurc
14-06-2011, 06:48 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS PROVIDES OPERATIONAL ADVICE
Denver 1800 hours June 13th, Perth 0800 hours June 14th 2011
NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD, NORTH DAKOTA
The work over to drill out the frac plugs on the Earl #1-13H well has been completed, and a tubing string is being run into the hole so that oil and gas production can be effected on a permanent basis. During the last phase of the work over, the well was flowing whilst pressure control equipment was being used to allow tubing to be run in and out of the hole. While this is not an ideal test condition, the well flowed at an average rate of 1033 BOPD with 1.9 mmcfd of gas during this 6 day period. Cumulative oil production for the well to date is 24,680 barrels.
RODNEY #1-14H (32% WORKING INTEREST)
The work over rig that has been operating on the Earl well is expected to be moved to the Rodney #1-14H well to drill out the frac plugs in that well.
The Rodney #1-14H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 14 in Williams County, North Dakota.
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT, WYOMING
DEFENDER US 33 #2-29H (37.5% WORKING INTEREST)
Samson is in the final phases of contracting a drilling rig to be used to drill two wells in the Hawks Springs project. The first of these wells is the Defender US 33 #2-29H.This well will be drilled as a 4,300 foot horizontal in the Niobrara B. The horizontal portion of the well will then be fracture stimulated.
The well will be fully funded by our farminee and Samson will retain a 37.5% equity in the well. The spud of this well is expected the first week of July.
The Defender US 33 #2-29H well is located in Township 25N, Range 63W, Section 29 in Goshen County, Wyoming.
SPIRIT OF AMERICA US 34 #1-29 (100% WORKING INTEREST)
Following the drilling of the Defender well, a vertical exploration well will be drilled to test multiple targets, in the Permian and Pennsylvanian sections. Samson is currently expecting to fund this well in its entirety. The other partners in the well have indicated that they are unlikely to participate for various strategic reasons, rather than on any technical basis. The formal proposal to participate was issued to our partners last week, and they still have the remainder of the 30 day notice period in which to elect into the well.
The Spirit of America US 34 #1-29 well is located in Township 25N, Range 63W, Section 29 in Goshen County, Wyoming.
At the Pennsylvanian level the prospect is a structural trap, mapped as a fault bounded compressional fold.
Within the 3D seismic survey previously acquired by Samson, there are numerous follow ups to these targets if they prove to be productive. Both targets are productive elsewhere in the Denver- Julesburg Basin, and Samson therefore considers them attractive add-ons to the Niobrara project. Critical risks are that the 3D seismic data has yet to be tested and also that the reservoir quality in the Permo-Pennsylvanian section is somewhat of an unknown.

asc4
26-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Samson acquires additional Bakken acreage

OK I can officially not keep up with this company!! And I that is a Good Thing!!

90,000 acres in the Bakken! HAL doing the drilling etc. WOW

Wonder the cost?

This is the biggest Takeover target I have ever held!

JBmurc
28-06-2011, 04:54 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON THE COMPLETION OF THE RODNEY #1-14H WELL AND START OF HAWK SPRINGS
Denver 1700 hours June 27th, Perth 0700 hours June 28th, 2011
NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD, NORTH DAKOTA
RODNEY #1-14H (32% WORKING INTEREST)
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN, NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the Rodney #1-14H has been turned to production following the successful fracture stimulation and completion. The work over rig was released on June 25th after all of the fracture isolation plugs were drilled out without incident. The maximum 24 hour measured oil rate during the drill-out operation was 1,439 BOPD.
The Rodney #1-14H well is located in Township 154N, Range 99W, Section 14 in Williams County, North Dakota.
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT, WYOMING
DEFENDER US 33 #2-29H (37.5% WORKING INTEREST)
Operations commenced on the Defender well with the initiation of the construction of the well pad in preparation for the arrival of the Evergreen 42 drilling rig which is expected to arrive on location on July 16th with an anticipated spud of July 19th. The Defender well will be the first appraisal of the Niobrara B zone and will be fracture stimulated following the completion of a 4,500 foot horizontal.
The Defender US 33 #2-29H well is located in Township 25N, Range 63W, Section 29 in Goshen County, Wyoming.
SPIRIT OF AMERICA US 34 #1-29 (100% WORKING INTEREST)
Construction of the drill pad for the Spirit of America well is planned to follow the completion of the Defender well pad with an anticipated spud of September 19th following the completion of drilling operations on Defender. The Sprit of America will be a vertical test of two conventional targets in the Permian and Pennsylvanian sections.
The Spirit of America US 34 #1-29 well is located in Township 25N, Range 63W, Section 29 in Goshen County, Wyoming.

JBmurc
28-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Terry barr interview on the near term SSN operations

www.b2i.us/profiles/investor/ResLibraryView.asp?BzID=1977&ResLibraryID=45854&G=112

JBmurc
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX:SSN),(AMEX:SSN) has elected to participate in the drilling of the State 24-63 #10-1H well with Chesapeake Energy (operator) for its 25% working interest. The State 24-63 #10-1H well is located in Township 24N, Range 63W, Section 10 in Goshen County, WY. The well will be drilled as an 11,447' measured depth horizontal well in the Codell Sandstone (which lies directly beneath the Niobrara Formation). Upon completion of the well in the Codell sandstone, the fracture stimulation job is expected to fracture the Niobrara Formation.
Samson Oil & Gas Limited has also elected to participate in the drilling of the State 24-63 #14-1H well with Chesapeake Energy (operator) for its 12.5% working interest. The State 24-63 #14-1H well is located in Township 24N, Range 63W, Section 14 in Goshen County, WY. The well will be drilled as an 11,272' measured depth horizontal well in the Codell sandstone. Upon completion of the well in the Codell sandstone, the fracture stimulation job is expected to fracture the Niobrara Formation.

Australian Road Show
Terry Barr, CEO, will be presenting to a number of institutional investors in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, Australia during the week of July 4th to 8th, 2011. The presentation can be found at Samson's website www.samsonoilandgas.com.

asc4
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
BUSY BUSY

samson oil & gas outlines committed drilling program
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX:SSN) (NYSE AMEX:SSN) has recently acquired a substantial project which expands its position in the Bakken Formation. This Roosevelt Project, along with the appraisal of the Niobrara Formation in Wyoming, and three conventional plays in the Hawk Springs project area, means that Samson will have an active drilling schedule in the second half of 2011. The combined drilling program, and the estimated cost and timing of the wells, is set out in the following table. Samson will fund this program from its existing cash resources.
As a result, Samson currently projects that it will exit the end of the calendar year with an estimated cash balance of US$32 million. This estimated cash balance takes into account existing operating cash flows, projected general and administrative expenditures, land acquisition costs, current forecasts of commodity prices and the capital expenditures noted below. However, the forecast includes no cash flow from any of these new wells during the year.
Samson's drilling program is expected to deliver appraisal results in three key areas:
1) The Hawk Springs Niobrara will be the first well to be drilled and fracture stimulated in the Niobrara 'B' zone.
2) Multiple conventional targets in the Hawk Springs project are planned, where considerable potential is observed from the 3-D data at both the Permian and Pennsylvanian stratigraphic levels.
3) The Roosevelt Project Bakken wells will be the first ever drilling in this area and will therefore will be key tests for this project.
Well Name Location Est Spud Date Operator SSN WI (%) Net US$ Cost to SSN (completed)
Defender US 33 #2-29H Goshen County, Wyoming Jul 2011 Samson 37.5% Nil
Spirit of America US34 Goshen County, Wyoming Aug 2011 Samson 100% $3,300,000
State 24-63 #10-1H Goshen County, Wyoming Sep 2011 Chesapeake 25% $1,300,000
Australia II 12 KA 6 Roosevelt County, Montana Oct 2011 Samson 100% $6,000,000
Constellation US20 #1-36H Goshen County, Wyoming Sep 2011 Samson 100% $5,000,000
State 24-63 #14-1H Goshen County, Wyoming Oct 2011 Chesapeake 12.5% $730,000
Diamondback #1 Jefferson County, Texas Nov 2011 Samson ~60% $880,000
Australia IV 12 KA 16 Roosevelt County, Montana Nov 2011 Samson 100% $6,000,000
Total $23,210,000
Defender US 33 #2-29H ? Hawk Springs Project - Wyoming
This well will be the first appraisal of the Niobrara 'B' zone and is the first well to be drilled and funded 100% by Halliburton under their farmin agreement. It will be fracture stimulated following the completion of a 4,300' horizontal.
Spirit of America US 34 #1-29 - Hawk Springs Project-Wyoming
This well will be drilled as an 11,000' vertical test down to the Precambrian basement to test multiple conventional targets in the Permian and Pennsylvanian sections.
State 24-63 #10-1H ? Hawk Springs Project-Wyoming
This well will be drilled as an 11,447' measured depth horizontal well in the Codell Sandstone (which lies directly beneath the Niobrara Formation). Upon completion of the well in the Codell sandstone, the fracture stimulation job is expected to fracture the Niobrara Formation.
Australia II 12 KA 6? Roosevelt Project ? Fort Peck Reservation, Montana
This well will be the first appraisal well in the Roosevelt Project and will be drilled as a 15,500' measured depth horizontal well in the middle member of the Bakken Formation.
Constellation US 20 State #1-36H ? Hawk Springs Project-Wyoming
This well will be Samson's second Niobrara well and is located outside the Halliburton/Mountain Energy Joint Venture area. It will be fracture stimulated following the completion of a 4200' horizontal.
State 24-63 #14-1H ? Hawk Springs Project- Wyoming
This well will be drilled as an 11,272' measured depth horizontal well in the Codell sandstone. Upon completion of the well in the Codell sandstone, the fracture stimulation job is expected to fracture the Niobrara Formation.
Diamondback #1 ? Onshore Gulf Coast Basin, Texas
This 8,900' well will test an amplitude anomaly in the Oligocene Frio Formation on the flank of the Big Hill salt dome in Jefferson County, Texas.
Australia IV 12 KA? Roosevelt Project ? Fort Peck Reservation, Montana
This well will be the second commitment well in the Roosevelt Project and will be drilled as a 15,200' measured depth horizontal well in the middle member of the Bakken Formation.

Hartleys Report/Valuation
http://www.samsonoilandgas.com.au/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1296-20337914/HartleysBakkenDealElevatesSSNtoNewLevelJune11

JBmurc
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
yes very nice list of operation going forward it's really only matter of time till the markets wake up an give SSN a Share price to match their future cashflows.....looking forward to the second half

got to love the hartleys outlook cashflow projections 2012=103mill-
2013=281mill
2014=500mill+

now if the oil&gas prices move you can see the jnr could well be a major cap energy play before halfway through this decade

asc4
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I think it will find the true potential of Ssn when they kick off with defender this month. I'd b lying if I wasn't extremely nervous!

JBmurc
11-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I think it will find the true potential of Ssn when they kick off with defender this month. I'd b lying if I wasn't extremely nervous!

well going from the SSN SP of late the market is also very nervous of SSN , these nerves will settle with more drilling success

airedale
12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
The CV for Dr Deeann, the new director, looks mighty impressive.

JBmurc
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
The CV for Dr Deeann, the new director, looks mighty impressive.

yes she wouldn't sign up if she didn't like the look of SSN operations

JBmurc
10-08-2011, 09:45 AM
SAMSON OIL & GAS COMMENCES FOUR WELL DRILLING PROGRAM
Denver 1700 hours August 8th, Perth 0700 hours August 9th, 2011
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the Evergreen Rig 22 has been released from its previous well and is being mobilised to the Defender US33 #2-29H location, and will then be deployed at three additional Samson drilling locations. The initial trucks arrived today and the rig up at Defender US33 #2-29H has commenced, and it is expected that the rig will be ready for its final inspection such that drilling operations should begin late Thursday or Friday this week.
Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 37.5% working interest
The Defender US33 #2-29H, is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project. Initially, a vertical pilot well will be drilled to around 7,450’ and a conventional core will be cut from the Niobrara Formation. After the orientation of the fractures has been identified from core and FMI logs, the vertical pilot borehole will be plugged back to a kick-off point above the Niobrara. From the kick-off point, the borehole angle will be built until it is horizontal and the bit is positioned within the Niobrara “B”. Then 7-inch intermediate casing will be set through the curve and the lateral will thereafter be drilled for a distance of approximately 4,300’ within the Niobrara “B”. The well will be completed using a plug and perforation process in 15-stages that is expected to involve the placement of approximately 3,000,000 pounds of proppant into the Niobrara Formation.
Sprit of America US34 #1-29, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 100% working interest
The Defender well will be followed by the Spirit of America US34 #1-29. This well is the first Permian and Pennsylvanian appraisal well within the Hawk Springs project. Preparatory operations, including the well site construction and the setting of the 20 inch surface casing, have been accomplished. The Spirit of America US34 #1-29 will be drilled as an 11,000’ vertical test to the Precambrian basement to evaluate multiple conventional targets; in particular, two closed structural traps in the Permian and Pennsylvanian sections.
Following the completion of the two Hawk Springs wells, the Evergreen Rig 22 will be mobilised to Montana to drill the initial two wells in the Roosevelt project.
Australia II KA6 #1-29H and Gretel 11 KA12 #1-30H, Roosevelt County, Montana, Samson 100% working interest
These wells will be the first two appraisal wells in the Roosevelt Project. Both wells will be drilled initially as vertical pilot holes to enable cores to be cut in the Bakken Formation, and then completed as a 15,500’ measured depth horizontal wells in the middle member of the Bakken Formation. The wells will then be fracture stimulated. The design of this completion is currently being undertaken but the final design will build on industry results previously achieved in the area.
Samson Oil & Gas USA
1331, 17th Street, Suite 710, Denver Colorado 80202 Tel + 1 303 295 0344 Fax + 1 303 295 1961
Samson’s Ordinary Shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the symbol "SSN". Samson's American Depository Shares (ADSs) are traded on the New York Stock Exchange AMEX under the symbol "SSN". Each ADS represents 20 fully paid Ordinary Shares of Samson. Samson has a total of 1,996 million ordinary shares issued and outstanding (including 253 million options exercisable at AUD 1.5 cents), which would be the equivalent of 99.8 million ADSs. Accordingly, based on the NYSE AMEX closing price of US$1.86 per ADS on August 8th, 2011 the company has a current market capitalization of approximately US$182 million. Correspondingly, based on the ASX closing price of A$0.098 on August 8th, 2011, the company has a current market capitalization of A$182 million. The options have been valued at their closing price of A$0.079 on August 8th, 2011 and translated to US$ at the current exchange of 1.03 for the purposes of inclusion in the US$ market capitalization calculation.
For and on behalf of the board of
SAMSON OIL & GAS LIMITED
TERRY BARR
Managing Director

JBmurc
10-08-2011, 01:04 PM
SSN presentation-- Terry barr is taking to Institutional investors in New York this week

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110810/pdf/4209ns65mcqt74.pdf

asc4
10-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Defender spud this week and 2 wells in september in the new Montana acreage, it is excitiing stuff. All we need is Benanke to get the moths out of his wallet and try and find some cash for QE3 and we could see SSNs real potential priced in.

Was having a heart attack over the last few days, but stuck to me guns...just :)

JBmurc
10-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Defender spud this week and 2 wells in september in the new Montana acreage, it is excitiing stuff. All we need is Benanke to get the moths out of his wallet and try and find some cash for QE3 and we could see SSNs real potential priced in.

Was having a heart attack over the last few days, but stuck to me guns...just :)

good to here I'm sure there's holders that are kicking themselves for selling out last few trading days SSN has all the potential to smash through 20c this year

skeet
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Well I was pretty much cashed outta the markets but recent prices / announcements got me back in, bought 1 or 2 SSNO shares over that over last couple days at 9c. Shaping up to be a good run over the next 6 months

JBmurc
15-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Well I was pretty much cashed outta the markets but recent prices / announcements got me back in, bought 1 or 2 SSNO shares over that over last couple days at 9c. Shaping up to be a good run over the next 6 months

yes I agree 100% skeet think we've seen the lows for SSN this decade LOL ....

ENERCOM CONFERENCE
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that it will be presenting to
delegates attending ?The 2011 Oil and Gas ConferenceTM? being held in Denver August 15th-18th.
The written presentation has been posted on Samson?s website, www.samsonoilandgas.com.
The presentation is scheduled for August 15th at 4.25 pm MST (Perth, August 16th 6.25 am WST)
and is being webcast at the link:
http://www.investorcalendar.com/CEPage.asp?ID=165322

DEFENDER US33 #2-29H, GOSHEN COUNTY, WYOMING, SAMSON 37.5% WORKING INTEREST

The rig up of the Evergreen 22 rig at the Defender location has been completed, and drilling
operations are expected to commence today at 6pm MST.

asc4
15-08-2011, 12:13 PM
So are we hoping for a 'Significant Oil Shows' Ann before the end of next week. I understand that 3D has been looked over, samson retained the good acreage and that even the London Flats well showed oil (not-commercial due to fraccing orientation etc.), so I have confidence we will hit something...but HOW MUCH! I am pretty nervous here. :scared:

JBmurc
15-08-2011, 06:48 PM
So are we hoping for a 'Significant Oil Shows' Ann before the end of next week. I understand that 3D has been looked over, samson retained the good acreage and that even the London Flats well showed oil (not-commercial due to fraccing orientation etc.), so I have confidence we will hit something...but HOW MUCH! I am pretty nervous here. :scared:

well we will know for sure in short term think I'd be more nervous selling out of SSN when I know they have 4 different project shale areas spread over the USA an have just invested into a 5th at Roosevelt that the best in the biz HALLIBURTION !! will be the project manager of another Brakken play

In the North stockyard -brakken- Everett fraccing in sept should see production numbers ann. to add in with the other 5 producers their with 3 more infills to be drilled

JBmurc
26-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Samson (SSN) has pulled back from its 52 week high of $4.75 to $2.36. This pullback has made Samson a value. It still has its acreage in the Niobrara, plus right to first refusal to participate in wells with Chesapeake (CHK). Samson has 1,200 net acres in the North Dakota Bakken. This project has had very good production from its 6 by 640 acre Bakken producers. Samson has 3 additional on 320 acre spacing. Samson recently announced the purchase of 20,000 net acres of leases in Roosevelt County, Montana. Fort Peck Energy has the option to buy back 33.334% of the 20000 net acres plus the same percentage of the two first horizontal wells by reimbursing Samson. Samson has the option to purchase an additional 20000 net acres, bringing the total to 40,000 total net acres. If all goes well, Samson will then purchase an additional 50,000 net acres with Fort Peck Energy. Continental and Brigham have both had good well results near Samson's newly acquired leasehold. The most recent is Brigham's Johnson 30-19 which had an IP rate of 2962 Boe/d. If well results continue to impress it could mean there is significant upside to both Samson and Triangle.

asc4
03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
2 posts of interest from the yahoo site: http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_S/forumview?bn=73032&vmode=1

Increased production numbers and a wee bit of JV/Takeover theorys

From ZOOMBEE:

ND Bakken Prod July vs. June up 33.2%
SSN Production in July was 37,985 BBO vs. 35,413
Well July June May Improve
Gary 3762 3268 5094 15.1%
Rodney 11416 7996 5444 42.8%
Earl 15865 16881 13470 -6.0%
Gene 4498 4616 0 -2.6%
Leonard 1424 1479 1414 -3.7%
Harstad 1020 1173 1173 -13.0%
Everett 0 0

Total 37985 35413 26595 33.2%

Whilst Earl was the monster Rodney improved 42.8% in July vs. June
Gary also improved 15.1% in July vs. June
The other 4 Bakken wells (Earl, Gene, Leonard, and Harstad) were steady

Goldie brought this on I'm quire sure; A rarity but 2 of the 6 Bakken wells improved bring the overall Samson Bakken production to a stella performance.

Rodney also had FRAC plugs fixed late June and that was the bulk of the improvement.

Wow! I wish all of you a happy and safe Memorial day weekend.
These numbers made mine, this should start yours.

Be careful out there.

Zoom

From Studythosestocks:
I've been debating all day whether I should post this or not.

Something is up with us and Chesapeake in my opinion.

This is like the third situation where they have come up in an unusual way.

The first situation was when I found out that our Stars and Stripes, Freedom and Valiant wells were Chesapeake's even though they are listed and permitted by us.

If you remember correctly, the first Defender permit was also approved with the horizontal running south into section 29 and Stars and Stripes running north from section 20.

When they came out with the second Defender permit, I just figured that they determined that it would produce better running south to north instead of north to south but I still scratched my head on the other 3 wells and wrote it off to a top lease situation as we did with Gleam, Hall, etc.

Then situation number 2. We are offered a 25% and 12.5% interest in the State wells when it appears on their older models showing that we owned the entire section.

I wrote this off to the older maps not being updated and that we really had control of 1/4 and 1/2 of the sections and sold CHK the other 1/2 and 3/4 of the section in October 2010. I still feel that this is the case since the later maps show this but just another weird quirky thing.

Now the really weird thing. Go to this site and scroll down to Wyoming and look at Goshen county:

http://www.drillingahead.com/USARigRepor...

Now whose name do you see drilling with Evergreen 22????? It also fits the distance that we are planning to drill. 7450!!

When I saw this I contacted Curtis who downloads the information from this site via email.

The guy is awesome and very knowledgeable and helpful.

He gets his info from Rigdata.com and takes it from them.

He researched it and said that Chesapeake seems to be listed as the operator but could not find what the asterix meant.

I asked if the rig report could have been incorrectly entered like we saw the other day with Samson Resources and Samson Oil and Gas. He said he did not see how there could be such a clerical error in the way that this information is inputted into the system.

I called him this evening and we talked a little bit.

He used to work for CHK as one of their main drillers in the Granite Wash in OK and has drilled quite a few wells in his day.

He said that CHK would swear everyone to silence even when everyone knew that it was CHK involved in a JV.

I hate to cry conspiracy theory but we have some type of relationship still with CHK beyond the ORRI in my opinion and CHK has contractually kept SSN from disclosing at this time. Once again in my opinion.

All I can say friends is I would NOT turn loose of your shares. There is no way I am selling mine and I will be called a pumper and cheerleader for posting this. I am curious if there is a letter of intent with CHK to acquire us at some listed price if we can prove up A, B, C, D in the contract. I know that seems really far fetched but this last scenario with CHK really has me scratching my head. Why are they listed as the operator???

The good news is that the outcome should be very rewarding for us even though it may be a lower of a price than many of us were dreaming for.

Blast away all bashers and shorts but I'm telling you on September 2nd, 2011 that there is more to this story than meets the eye. It just may be mid March before we know what is up.
Dave

skeet
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting asc4, interesting reading...
Still very happy with my entry at 9c ;)

JBmurc
06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
presentation T/B is a busy boy

http://www.samsonoilandgas.com/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1318-50604715/CorporatePresentation

am happy to keep holding through drill

asc4
12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 37.5% working interest (carried)
The vertical pilot hole for Defender US33 #2-29H well was plugged back and kicked-off at a depth of 6114'. From the kick-off point, the borehole angle was built to the point of being horizontal and the bit is now positioned within the Niobrara “B” at a depth of 7315'. Seven-inch intermediate casing will now be set and cemented through the curve. The horizontal lateral will thereafter be drilled for a distance of approximately 4,300 feet within the Niobrara “B”. The well will be completed using a plug and perforation process in 15-stages that is expected to involve the placement of approximately 3,000,000 pounds of proppant into the Niobrara Formation. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.

2 Dry wells drilled by CHK in low resistivity regions...dissapointing, hope defender is the money.

No mention of oil shows yet.

JBmurc
16-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Great day for us SSN holders has spike the portfolio up nicely for the week SSNO close up 19%

skeet
16-09-2011, 07:27 PM
One of the biggest days for SSN for some time, in fact biggest day since January.
Heads up 12%, oppies 19% will be interesting to see how it goes over night in the USA

JBmurc
16-09-2011, 07:34 PM
One of the biggest days for SSN for some time, in fact biggest day since January.
Heads up 12%, oppies 19% will be interesting to see how it goes over night in the USA

Yes I remember not long ago SSN went up many days over 20c without much news till later in its run, hoping this is the start to another good drive north

asc4
23-09-2011, 11:33 AM
]DEFENDER HAS OIL[/COLOR]!

Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the horizontal 6 and 1/8 inch lateral for its Defender US 33 #2-29 H well has been drilled to a measured depth of 11,089 feet. This depth is the total depth for the well. The horizontal lateral was drilled within the Niobrara ?B? zone for the entire horizontal distance drilled, recording resistivity measurements of 100+ ohms for the majority of the well. Open-hole logging and conventional core analysis from the vertical pilot hole indicate that the Niobrara ?A? & ?B? zones are both very brittle carbonate sections that appear to be oil saturated.

JBmurc
23-09-2011, 12:25 PM
]DEFENDER HAS OIL[/COLOR]!

Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the horizontal 6 and 1/8 inch lateral for its Defender US 33 #2-29 H well has been drilled to a measured depth of 11,089 feet. This depth is the total depth for the well. The horizontal lateral was drilled within the Niobrara ?B? zone for the entire horizontal distance drilled, recording resistivity measurements of 100+ ohms for the majority of the well. Open-hole logging and conventional core analysis from the vertical pilot hole indicate that the Niobrara ?A? & ?B? zones are both very brittle carbonate sections that appear to be oil saturated.

yes lets hope it's a good size commerical discovery

JBmurc
27-09-2011, 02:02 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON RECENT OPERATIONS

Denver 1700 hours September 26th, Perth 0700 hours September 27th, 2011

HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT

Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 37.5% working interest (carried) Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the Defender US33 #2-29H has been successfully completed with the 4 1/2 inch liner equipped with external casing packers and has been successfully run to a total measured depth of 11,071 feet. The well is now ready to be fracture stimulated. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson's Hawk Springs project.

Spirit of America US34 #1-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 100% working interest

The Evergreen Rig 22 has been released from Defender US33 #2-29H and is being mobilized to the Spirit of America US34 #1-29H well. This well has been drilled to a depth of 2,129 feet with the Clear Creek Rig 5 and the 9 5/8 inch surface casing has been run. The Clear Creek Rig 5 was subsequently mobilized to the Constellation US20 #1-36H well for drilling the surface casing portion of the well.
Drilling operations using Rig 22 are expected to commence Thursday, September 29, 2011 to drill the remainder of the well.

The Spirit of America well will be appraising the multiple conventional targets identified in the North Platte 3D seismic data. These targets consist of a Permian age stratigraphic trap and a Pennsylvanian age structural trap. This well will be a vertical well drilled to an anticipated total depth of 11,000 feet at which point it will be logged to assess the rock quality and hydrocarbon saturation.

Constellation US20 #1-36H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 100% working interest

The Constellation US20 #1-36H well has been drilled to a depth of 1,722 feet and the 9 5/8 inch casing has been set and cemented.

skeet
27-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Surprised at the lack of trades today, happy to hold :)

JBmurc
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Denver 1700 hours October 2nd, Perth 0700 hours October 3rd, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT UPDATE
Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 37.5% working interest (carried)
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that various preparations for the fracture stimulation of Defender US33 #2-29H are progressing such as the running the cement bond log and the placement of water tanks and the loading of frac fluid. The fracture stimulation is planned for the end of October. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.
Spirit of America US34 #1-29H, Goshen County, Wyoming, Samson 100% working interest
Evergreen Rig 22 has been rigged up over the Spirit of America US34 #1-29H location and drilling operations have commenced with this rig. Current operation is drilling out the 9 5/8 inch casing shoe which had previously been set at 2,230 feet.
The Spirit of America well will be appraising the multiple conventional targets identified in the North Platte 3D seismic data. These targets consist of a Permian age stratigraphic trap and a Pennsylvanian age structural trap. This well will be a vertical well drilled to an anticipated total depth of 11,000 feet at which point it will be logged to assess the rock quality and hydrocarbon saturation.

asc4
05-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Another dud CHK well.
Defender and SOA under application for confidentiality. I think the fundamentals are changing to the downside. Another6 months waiting for defender and SOA will kill SSN. Unless there is a takeover in the wings I am seriously concerned. A takeover looks unlikely looking at price movement of late.

Cheek yahoo board for info.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_S/threadview?m=te&bn=73032&tid=71892&mid=71892&tof=1&frt=2#71892

JBmurc
09-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Why would Samson request “Confidential Status” for its Hawk Springs Wells?”
Samson has requested Confidential Status from the State of Wyoming for some of the key geological data from the Defender and Spirit of America wells just so that Samson can protect this proprietary data from its competitors for a short period of time. This is allowed in the US so that the benefit of the drilling company’s investment in that data is protected from being used at no cost by its competitors.
“Confidential Status” does not, however, affect in any way what we advise our shareholders and to the market generally. We still have a full disclosure obligation for all materially significant results of the drilling, which we will meet, but that obligation is quite different from actually publishing the data set.

asc4
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks JB, Terry's Topics on their website, pretty good idea don't see that kind of action and interaction with a CEO often. :)

Update out today...

SAMSON OIL & GAS DRILLING AND COMPLETION ADVISORY
Denver 1700 hours October 9th, Perth 0700 hours October 10th, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT UPDATE
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that Spirit of America US34 #1-29H well is at a depth of 7,287 feet and the current operation is running into hole having replaced the mud motor and drill bit. The drilling operations were subject to some minor mechanical problems early in this phase, which have been rectified and the drilling operation is progressing as expected. The top of the Niobrara Formation has been intersected as prognosed. The first target in the Permian for this well is anticipated at around 9,000 feet which is expected to be intersected late the week of October 10th.
The Defender well preparation for the fracture stimulation is complete, with a 4 1/2 inch tie back string having been landed in the top of the 4 1/2 inch production liner.
An initial DFIT (diagnostic fracture injection test) will be conducted Monday October 11th. This routine test conducts an initial breakdown of the first frac stage and observation of the pressure decay with time allows rock property information to be gathered to assist in fine tuning the stimulation design.
The timing of the fracture stimulation is November 1st.

Highlights for me...
Drilling going well
Formation hit

Frac date for defender Nov 1

JBmurc
18-10-2011, 08:06 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS ADVISES ON RECENT OPERATIONS
Denver 1700 hours October 16th, Perth 0700 hours October 17th, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the Defender US33 #2- 29H continues to monitor the pressure falloff of the formation with surface gauges. An initial DFIT (diagnostic fracture injection test) was conducted Monday October 10th. This routine test conducted an initial breakdown of the first frac stage and observation of the pressure falloff and with time allows rock property information to be gathered to assist in fine tuning the stimulation design. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.
Drilling continues at a depth of 8,674 feet on the Spirit of America US34 #1-29H well. Two separate bit trips were made during the week due to slow rates of drilling through the very hard sandstones of the Cretaceous Dakota and Jurassic Morrison Formations. After optimizing the bottom hole assembly on the drill string, an increase in the drilling rate was achieved upon drilling into the Jurassic Sundance and Triassic Chugwater Formations. The first target is located within the Permian section at a depth around 9,000 feet.

JBmurc
25-10-2011, 03:03 PM
The Spirit of America US34 #1-29H well has been drilled to a depth of 9,076 feet, which is in the formation above the Permian target zone. Based on adjacent well data, Samson had recognized that this section might be difficult to drill because of the expected salt within the section.

The salt dome this is a very good sign IMHO if your've been thinking about buying into SSN I wouldn't hang round as I'm confindent the salt dome will hold a very good sized deposit of Oil&Gas ..

"Salt domes, irrespective of their past production or lack of it, still remain as major sources of the oil reserves yet to be discovered and produced. It is anticipated that every salt dome will eventually produce oil if properly tested, and those which have already produced will again yield additional reserves from down-structure, away from the old production

Defender is completed and they are proceeding with preparations for the frac of the whole of the lateral which is also a major positive ..

Roosevelt moved forward drilling next month ......oil discovered only a stones though away recently from planned SSN drill

Going be one very merry Xmas if all goes to plan esp with Oil now back over $90bbl

asc4
26-10-2011, 02:10 PM
GGE and GGP didn't have much luck with their salt dome, hope it is different story with samson.

Lost those 2 state wells with CHK, they would probably F it up anyway.

Not long till Nov. Everett Fraccing too?

JBmurc
31-10-2011, 02:59 PM
SAMSON OIL & GAS OPERATIONAL ADVISORY
Denver 1700 hours October 30th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours October 31st, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that preparations for Defender US33 #2-29H fracture stimulation are essentially complete and the well is set for the frac crew to arrive onsite. Approximately seventy-three frac tanks onsite have been spotted, filled with water, and are being prepped for the fracture stimulation, which is scheduled to commence on November 7th. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.
The Spirit of America US34 #1-29H well crew was unsuccessful in their first attempt to deviate the well bore around the drill bit that was left in the hole, as reported last week. The crew has set a new cement plug, which has been conditioned ahead of using a more aggressive drilling assembly in the second attempt.
The forward plan is to drill to a depth of 9,060 feet just below the salt section and above the Permian target. At this point a logging run will be undertaken and 7 inch casing run, in order to put the salt section behind pipe so that the balance of the well can be drilled to the planned total depth of 11,000 feet.
The Spirit of America well is appraising the multiple conventional targets identified in the North Platte 3D seismic data set. These targets consist of a Permian age stratigraphic trap and a Pennsylvanian age structural trap.
ROOSEVELT PROJECT
AUSTRALIA II 12KA 6 #1-29, GRETEL II 12KA 3 #1-30H (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% backin right)
Civil construction has been completed on the drill pad for Australia II. The spudder rig was mobilized on Friday October 28th to the well site to set surface casing to a depth of 1,700 feet. Samson has contracted DHS Drilling to supply their Rig 1, which is a 1,500 hp rated rig and equipped with a top drive. This rig has concluded its current well and has been released; it has undergone a period of maintenance and is set to arrive on the Australia II well site on Wednesday, November 2.
Samson Oil & Gas USA
1331, 17th Street, Suite 710, Denver Colorado 80202 Tel + 1 303 295 0344 Fax + 1 303 295 1961
The Gretel II 12KA 3 #1-30H location is in the process of being built and the spudder rig is set to mobilize to the Gretel II well site after it has completed operations on Australia II. Once the spudder rig has arrived here, the surface casing will be set at 1,700 feet.
Both Australia II and Gretel II will be drilled initially as vertical pilot holes, where cores of the Bakken Formation will be taken, after which a 5,000 foot lateral will be drilled in the Middle Bakken Formation. These laterals will be fracture stimulated. Samson committed to drill these two wells as part of its acquisition of a 20,000 acre land position with a 20,000 acre option. Samson’s land position is subject to a 33.34% back in right by Fort Peck Energy Company.
QUARTERLY REPORTS Highlights
- -
-
Oil production increased by 18% over the prior quarter
Gas production increased by 4%, following the commencement of sales of associated gas late in the quarter from the company’s North Stockyard oil field.
Closing cash balance for the quarter of US$53.9 million
Samson’s September 2011 Quarterly Report and Appendix 5B (Australian jurisdiction) as well as its September 2011 Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (US jurisdiction) have been lodged and are now available on the Company’s website:
www.samsonoilandgas.com
Samson’s Ordinary Shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the symbol "SSN". Samson's American Depository Shares (ADSs) are traded on the New York Stock Exchange AMEX under the symbol "SSN". Each ADS represents 20 fully paid Ordinary Shares of Samson. Samson has a total of 1,996 million ordinary shares issued and outstanding (including 250 million options exercisable at AUD 1.5 cents), which would be the equivalent of 99.8 million ADSs. Accordingly, based on the NYSE AMEX closing price of US$2.45 per ADS on October 28, 2011 the Company has a current market capitalization of approximately US$239.24 million. Correspondingly, based on the ASX closing price of A$0.115 on October 28, 2011, the Company has a current market capitalization of A$224.56 million. The options have been valued at their closing price of A$0.100 on October 28, 2011 and translated to US$ at the current exchange of 0.97 for purposes of inclusion in the US$ market capitalization calculation.
Samson Oil & Gas USA
For and on behalf of the board of
SAMSON OIL & GAS LIMITED
TERRY BARR
Managing Director

JBmurc
06-11-2011, 09:54 PM
ENERGY BUYOUT CANDIDATES: WHO COULD THEY BE?!
Posted by Turn Key Oil on November 5, 2011

We have mentioned this before, and we will mention it again, M&A activity in the oil market is growing. Keeping your eyes open for buyout possibilities is probably a good idea if you want to make a solid investment. Well, luckily, we have found 3 possible candidates who could make you some cash on the buyout. Isac Simon suggests these three, and we think he is on the right track.

Samson Oil & Gas (AMEX: SSN )
Increased production in the Bakken shale and higher price realizations ensured fantastic growth for this small cap. Revenues grew 106% to $5.9 million in the last fiscal year. Samson has focused more on liquids with oil production up by 106% to 64,000 barrels of oil. With more than 90% of existing reserves already developed, future cost of development should be a problem. Additionally, the company’s recent success in the promising Niobrara shale should fuel growth for the next few years. With a healthy cash balance of $58 million, it leaves ample room for further expansion. In short, this company’s properties are on the sweet spots.

asc4
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Denver 1700 hours November 10th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours November11th, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that drilling operations on the Spirit of America well successfully deviated the wellbore, however the drill string then became stuck at a depth of 9,040 feet. While jarring efforts to release the drill string were successful the bit was left in the hole.
The forward plan is to log the well and evaluate the oil and gas shows that were previously observed in the Muddy Formation. If the logs are encouraging, a seven inch casing string will be run so that this zone can be further evaluated with a production test.
Given the operational difficulties associated with drilling the Permian and Pennsylvanian targets with this drilling rig and well design, the attempt to evaluate these targets will be temporarily abandoned. The attractiveness of this prospect remains however and a future drilling effort will be attempted once a suitable engineering design can be established.
The Defender US33 #2-29H well is due to start pumping operations late this evening. A delay in the start of this operation was due to a hold up on the previous stimulation job.
The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.
ROOSEVELT PROJECT
AUSTRALIA II 12KA 6 #1-29, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in right)
The rig up and mobilization of the DHS Rig 1 has continued and drilling operations on the Australia II well are expected to begin Friday, November 11th.
GRETEL II 12KA 3 #1-30H (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% backin right)
The surface casing operation has continued and the well is at depth 1,000 feet, the forward plan is set the 9 and 5/8 inch casing at 1,800 feet
Both Australia II and Gretel II will be drilled initially as vertical pilot holes, where cores of the Bakken Formation will be taken, after which a 5,000 foot lateral will be drilled in the Middle Bakken Formation. These laterals will be fracture stimulated. Samson committed to drill these two wells as part of its acquisition of a 20,000 acre land position with a 20,000 acre option. Samson’s land position is subject to a 33.34% back in right by Fort Peck Energy Company.

SOA = Looks like it will be a dud if they can't recover anything from shows. Didn't hit target zones, will need to drill another well. Very dissapointing. The costs on this well would have blown out with 2 drill bits lost...60K a piece.

Defender will finally start frac tonight. With 2 weeks till defender results this will probably get hammered in the states tonight.

asc4
14-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Denver 1700 hours November 13th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours November 14th, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT, GOSHEN COUNTY, WYOMING
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that the Defender US33 #2-
29H fracture stimulation has commenced and 8 of the 15 stages have been pumped. Pumping
operations are expected to be completed on Monday, November 14th.
The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project.
Geophysical logging operations have been conducted to a depth of 8200’ on the Spirit of America
US34 #1-29H well. Log analysis of the Cretaceous J-Sand (Muddy Formation) reservoir calculates
this zone as being productive for hydrocarbons. Because of this result, seven inch casing was run
and cemented to a depth of 8002’ in order to make a completion in the J-Sand (Muddy Formation).
The forward plan for the production testing of this well is currently being planned, which is likely to
include a small fracture stimulation of the zone after the drilling rig has been released.
Additional plans being considered for the well include utilizing a larger drilling rig for a potential reentry
or a new well with a more suitable design to drill the Permian and Pennsylvanian sections.
ROOSEVELT PROJECT, ROOSEVELT COUNTY, MONTANA
AUSTRALIA II 12KA 6 #1-29, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in right)
The DHS Rig 1 is 98% rigged up, with the expectation that drilling operations will begin Monday
November 14th.
GRETEL II 12KA 3 #1-30H (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in right)
Operations to set surface casing continued, with the well drilled to a depth of 1,580 feet, with the
objective to drill the vertical pilot hole to 1,700 feet, where 13 3/8 inch casing will be set and
cemented before the lateral portion of the well is drilled.
Both Australia II and Gretel II will be drilled initially as vertical pilot holes, where cores of the
Bakken Formation will be taken, after which a 5,000 foot lateral will be drilled in the Middle Bakken
Formation. These laterals will then be fracture stimulated.
NORTH STOCKYARD OILFIELD (SSN various interest around 30%)
EVERETT 1-15H (SSN 31.844%)
Samson’s sixth well, the Everett 1-15H, had previously been drilled with a 5,000 foot
lateral in the Middle Bakken Formation and has been waiting on the availability of a frac
crew. Preparations for the fracture stimulation have been undertaken, with the expectation
that the pumping operation will start during the week of November 28th. The treatment will
include 20 stages utilizing a total of 2,370,000 pounds of proppant.

GREAT ANN. Hopefully we get some flowrates later in the week from defender.

JBmurc
14-11-2011, 08:25 PM
yes very good have a good feeling SSN will reward us very soon for the patiance over the last 6 months of boring weakness
mutiable discoveries should see as back in the spotlight towards 20c

JBmurc
23-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Samson Oil & Gas USA
Denver 1700 hours November 22nd, 2011, Perth 0700 hours November 23rd, 2011
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises that fracture stimulation is complete and flow back operations are continuing, with 25% of the frac fluid being recovered. All of the cement plugs have been successfully drilled out so that the flow is only restricted at the surface choke. The forward plan for this well is to install the down hole pump and prepare the well for production operations. We anticipate it will take a few weeks to fully evaluate the results.
ROOSEVELT PROJECT
AUSTRALIA II 12KA 6 #1-29, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% backin right)
Drilling operations continue on the Australia II 12KA 6 #1-29 at a depth of 5,040 feet. The vertical well will be drilled to the Upper Bakken shale at 9,440 feet, where one 60 foot core will be cut and a second 60 foot core will then be cut from the Upper Three Forks.

asc4
23-11-2011, 02:18 PM
market didn't like delay on flow rates. DOwn with volume.

but to me we now have to productive wells in different formations in Hawks Spring project, with other targets to assess (permian etc.)

Wonder if the delay is to buy the CHK land back.

Or maybe, flow rates suck, and they need a pump to get it out.

We need both roosevelt wells to be fracced and productive by xmas to impress the market.

JBmurc
23-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't see the pump needed going forward as a negative as 90%+ of oil wells in the US need them different story if it held mostly Gas
but not having more details is a pain the market takes it as a bad sign..I agree SSN Mgmt may be working on a deal round the CHK land

asc4
23-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I hope so JB, it could get interesting with the CHK land and Hal involved with Defender

asc4
29-11-2011, 06:08 PM
ouch, downtrend continues. no speculation in this market. trading like defender is dry. 8c on the way?

asc4
30-11-2011, 12:14 PM
into the 8's...7c? anyone. Worst case senario getting placed into the price here:

Worst Case:
Defender dry...SOA unproductive...Niobara acerage is useless.
Roosevelt wells not fracced due to winter.

What a pity, to far down to sell, will just hold. 50million in the bank is good, but the production is low. If roosevelt doesn't produce SSN will be at cash backing circa 5cps.

drillfix
30-11-2011, 02:13 PM
asc4,

If it is of any bonus, prior to the stocks rising sp, this stock has closed a gap created on the 14th Jan 2011 which is now closed.

Don't really know if the stock will go higher or lower from here, however technically, the stock is down trending so I would show some caution in adding or holding positions (IMO)

Other than that, I hope the fundamentals bring it on back for you and others but in the meantime the previous gap between say 8-9c will act as a support/resistance zone.

Good luck~!

asc4
30-11-2011, 03:06 PM
THanks drill. Was rather silly to hold for so long.

I won't be adding any. My exposure is enough. There is plenty of news on the horizon with 4 wells drilled or drilling currently. So will wait to see what happens. Hopefully we see some good oil flows from at least 1 or 2 of the wells. :)

JBmurc
09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Denver 1700 hours December 8th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours December 9th, 2011
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises on the following field operations:
ROOSEVELT PROJECT
Australia II 12KA 6, Roosevelt County, MT (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in option)
The vertical pilot hole has been drilled to a total depth of 9,738 feet in the Australia II 12 KA 6 well. 120 feet of core were successfully cut and recovered from the Bakken and Upper Three Forks Formations. Good hydrocarbon shows were recorded on the mud log when coring through the Middle Member of the Bakken Formation. Following coring operations, electric logs were run and showed very similar results when compared to productive Bakken offset wells in the vicinity.
Preliminary examination of the reservoir sequence in the core recovered within the Middle Bakken (the target zone in which the lateral is to be drilled) showed an instant streaming hydrocarbon cut evidencing oil saturation. Mud filtrate invasion observed on the exterior of the core is qualitative evidence that this sequence is permeable.
The Australia II well has now been plugged back and preparations are underway to kick-off the well bore to the 7 inch casing landing point, after which the 4,500 foot lateral will be drilled within the Middle Member of the Bakken Formation.
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, WY (SSN 37.5% carried working interest)
The Defender US33 #2-29H well has been flowing without artificial lift since the fracture stimulation was concluded and modest amounts of oil are starting to flow into the tanks, however no rate has been established. The artificial lift system (production tubing, sucker rods, downhole pump and pump jack) have been installed and production will continue both naturally and with the artificial lift system as appropriate.
The well has been shut in during the intervening overnight periods and has thereafter exhibited a buildup of pressure, indicating that the well is beginning to see a pressure response from the formation.
Once the installation of the pump jack is complete, the pump jack will enable the removal of completion fluids from the wellbore to allow formation fluids to enter the well. The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project and is being fully carried by Samson’s farmin partner.

Spirit of America US34 #1-29, Goshen County, WY (SSN 100% working interest)
Cased-hole logs were run on the Spirit of America US34 #1-29 well and the well perforated over the Cretaceous Muddy Formation (J-Sand). The well is now ready to be fracture stimulated. In light of the size of the frac job (only a single stage with approximately 200,000 lbs of proppant), the frac will not have a set date but is expected to be completed on an “opportunity basis” in the near future.
The re-drill of the Permian/Pennsylvanian prospect at this location remains a priority for Samson. It is currently expected that a revised engineering plan for the replacement well will be completed in late January so that the drilling of the well can be considered during the first quarter of 2012.
Given the difficulties encountered in the first attempt, a well construction plan that accounts for the Permian “mobile shale” and salt will be required. This is likely to include setting a casing string close to this level and increasing the mud weight significantly to counteract the “mobile shale” and salt.
NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD
Everett #1-15H, Williams County, ND (SSN 26% working interest)
Fracture stimulation operations have commenced on the Everett #1-15H well, with Stage 1 already being pumped. The frac spread is new and has encountered some hydraulic problems with the main pump units, which required a two day shutdown of operations. Given that this is the spread’s first job, it is being conducted on a fixed price basis. The stimulation will be 20 stages and place 2.37 million pounds of proppant.
The Everett #1-15H well is Samson’s sixth Bakken well in the North Stockyard Field.
Infill Well Hearing, Williams County, ND (Average SSN 37% working interest)
Samson and its partners in the North Stockyard project area have submitted an application to the NDIC Oil and Gas Division to allow the drilling of four infill wells on the North Stockyard Field. This application is on the NDIC hearing docket and should be reviewed at its December 15th hearing.
The initial two wells are expected to have a working interest assigned to Samson of approximately 37%

JBmurc
09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
THanks drill. Was rather silly to hold for so long.

I won't be adding any. My exposure is enough. There is plenty of news on the horizon with 4 wells drilled or drilling currently. So will wait to see what happens. Hopefully we see some good oil flows from at least 1 or 2 of the wells. :)

well I'm the silly investor cause I brought more opts at 7c an SSn was by far my biggest holding some 1.06mill ssno now IMHO with the above ann I'm now very confindent this will fly with likely mutiable discoveries

asc4
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Haha nice work jb, im looking silly now! it just seem to smell like there was a bit of insider knowledge they way it traded. Hopefully we see some nice flows from defender. I found the Roosevelt news really encouraging. Bit dissappointed that we won't be getting the 3rd tranche as it was sold off. More land purchases next year maybe.

JBmurc
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Haha nice work jb, im looking silly now! it just seem to smell like there was a bit of insider knowledge they way it traded. Hopefully we see some nice flows from defender. I found the Roosevelt news really encouraging. Bit dissappointed that we won't be getting the 3rd tranche as it was sold off. More land purchases next year maybe.

Not as silly as those guys that sold recently ,,think there be a few sellers canceling orders before monday after reading report this weekend ....not out of the question to see SSN have all four producing commercial oil 100bbl+per well

JBmurc
27-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Samson Oil and Gas (SSN) – Although it seems to have fallen out of favour with the market in general, Samson does have a multitude of prospects or potential catalysts as it welcomes 2012.

Management and shareholders alike are awaiting the completion of several wells including:

Defender (37.5% CWI) – the first well drilled into the Niobrara acreage that had been kept out of the original land sale to Chesapeake (CHK) earlier in 2010. Recent press releases indicate that the frac fluid continues to be pumped and an IP rate is expected shortly.
Also in Goshen County is the Sprit of America (100% WI) that had experienced some issues getting to the original target but has been re-worked to test the ‘muddy J-sand formation’.
Australia II (100% WI - 33% back in provision) is currently being drilled to assess the potential of the recently purchased Fort Peck acreage (20 000 acres with an option to obtain an additional 20 000 acres).
The much anticipated Everett (26% WI) - which will be Samson’s 6th Bakken well in Williams County ND - is finally scheduled to be fracture stimulated with results expected early in the new year.
Planning to exit 2011 with zero debt, over $30 million in the bank and various working interest in 4 wells expected to come online imminently, Samson could definitely re-visit it’s 2011 highs resulting in an easy 100-150% gain from here.

JBmurc
28-12-2011, 08:40 AM
SSN up over 10% on the AMEX currently no news yet maybe today on the ASX should see the heads back above 10c

asc4
28-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Looking good jb. Volume was good last nite. Could be a nice reversal of trend here. Merry xmas

JBmurc
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Yet another steller run on the amex should see 12c next week was trying to get another 300k on the opts only got 10k still with 1.07mill opts I'm looking forward to the 20's on a string of good results

BILLIONS IN NEW FOREIGN INVESTMENT STREAMING INTO AMERICA’S BOOMING SHALE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY

China Petrochemical Corp. will spend $2.5 billion in a joint venture with Devon Energy to explore oil and gas projects from the Tuscaloosa Marine shale in Alabama and Mississippi to the Niobrara shale in eastern Colorado in 2012 as it possibly becomes the state’s next big oil boom.

JBmurc
18-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Denver 1700 hours January 17th, 2011, Perth 0700 hours January 18th, 2011
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) advises on the following field operations:
ROOSEVELT PROJECT
Gretel II 12KA 3, Roosevelt County, MT (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in option)
The required repair to the top drive unit was completed and DHS Rig 1 on the Gretel II well site has commenced drilling operations from the 9 5/8 inch casing shoe, which had previously been set at 1,701 feet. Current operations are drilling ahead at a depth of 7,100 feet. The forward plan is to change out the bottom hole assembly to include MWD tools at a depth of 7,500 feet to enable the core point to be accurately selected at around 8755’.
The Gretel II 12 KA 3 well is Samson’s second Bakken well in the Roosevelt Project.
HAWK SPRINGS PROJECT
Defender US33 #2-29H, Goshen County, WY (SSN 37.5% carried working interest)
The Defender US33 #2-29H workover rig arrived on location on Friday, January 13th and the existing pump was removed over the weekend. Due to adverse weather conditions, the operation has proceeded slower than expected and the replacement pump is due to be in operation today.
The Defender US33 #2-29H is the first Niobrara appraisal well in Samson’s Hawk Springs project and is being fully carried by Samson’s farmin partner.
NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD
Everett #1-15H, Williams County, ND (SSN 26% working interest)
The drill out of frac plugs has been completed, following the completion of the stimulation job that placed 1.6 million pounds of proppant in 20 stages.
The well flowed during drill out operations and during the operation to land the production tubing. The flow rate (measured hourly) varied from 528 BOPD (extrapolated) to 2,112 BOPD (extrapolated). These flows have been established from the annulus only. The forward operation is to hydraulically burst the safety disc inside the tubing which will allow the well to be put into production. This operation is expected to be completed during today. Cumulative production to date is 3,800 barrels of oil.
The Everett #1-15H well is Samson’s sixth Bakken well in the North Stockyard Field.

asc4
18-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Nice revenue. We knew Everett would produce, the price action says it all today.

But all eyes on Defender and then Aus II.

Defender is a concern. I am concerned that Hal will lose interest and not opt into the next Nio well.

Also TB said that roosevelt had the potential to be a billion dollar play..but that was when we had 90K acres. We lost 50K so does that halve the value of roosevelt to around 500million? or am I taking it too literally?

Interesting month ahead

JBmurc
18-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Nice revenue. We knew Everett would produce, the price action says it all today.

But all eyes on Defender and then Aus II.

Defender is a concern. I am concerned that Hal will lose interest and not opt into the next Nio well.

Also TB said that roosevelt had the potential to be a billion dollar play..but that was when we had 90K acres. We lost 50K so does that halve the value of roosevelt to around 500million? or am I taking it too literally?

Interesting month ahead

Yes it should lift daily production some 50% from 390 to 590 boepd ,at current oil price thats $413,000 per week

the two roosevelt wells look very good to at least double production ....800k per week by the 2nd Qtr

the 6 in-fill wells at NORTH STOCKYARD FIELD also planned this year should well add enough to break the mill per week cashflows

Defender SOA will be the higher risk higher returns certainly not duster just yet esp when you think TB always stated they were always going be to understand the structure of the area an not like N.S.F easy producers

SSN drilling success rate is next to brillant IMHO

asc4
18-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Yep, I would like to see more NSF well drilled this year as planned, fingers crossed, it took an age for everett to happen so we may get 1, possibly 2 this year producing.

Nio is complex, and SOA was a dud, which blew out a little in costs with a frac.

Gretel was positive news, hoping to see a core sample analysis with oil saturation etc. within the next 2 weeks.

Aus II frac could be a couple off months off. I do wonder if TB will try to organise a frac team to frac Aus II then Gretel straight after, this could be whythe frac is nearthe end of the quater. That could be a real hummer if they BOTH produce within weeks of each other. That will certainly derisk the roosevelt project massively.

asc4
24-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Defender commercial 130boed at the moment and rising with removal of frac fluids. Could it get to 400 barrells?

Very happy with the ann. Should see Hal excise option for next well.

http://www.samsonoilandgas.com/irm/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1443-26102593/OperationalAdvisory

JBmurc
25-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Defender commercial 130boed at the moment and rising with removal of frac fluids. Could it get to 400 barrells?

Very happy with the ann. Should see Hal excise option for next well.

http://www.samsonoilandgas.com/irm/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1443-26102593/OperationalAdvisory

Yes can't believe the market can't work out that defender is moving into commerical levels 200bopd+ and they didn't even get through the salt dome maybe when HAL announces they will free carry SSNon more wells at hawks spring the dumb sellers will work out that defender is a oil discovery that can be worked over to increase production going forward...

"Devon says anything 200 or over is economic. They want 100 barrels per day at least from their first couple wells. From there, they can increase production with further knowledge. If they can get wells that are at least 200 they said they will drill out the whole area. Their next rig is coming in March."(Devon major Shale player in the US)

If SSN isn't over 30cps before the end of this year I'll be shocked..

overall SSN hit's another 6 they can,t but find oil

asc4
10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Looks like a long way to 30cents at the mo JB.

Decrease in Q4 production. Cash burn high. Fell below 10c, during a market rally.

People on HC wishing they had got out earlier. That could be sign we are close to the bottom.

JBmurc
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like a long way to 30cents at the mo JB.

Decrease in Q4 production. Cash burn high. Fell below 10c, during a market rally.

People on HC wishing they had got out earlier. That could be sign we are close to the bottom.

yeah think we have been bumping along on the lows for awhile now Q4 production was lower with a shut in at earl

asc4
16-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Positive announcement yesterday with Defender increasing oil output over 220bopd at the moment.
Gretel showing signs of oil and gas
Fraccing started on AusII and Gretel to start straight after.
AusII flowrates on Monday?? Tuesday???

Its all on..but no change in SP...hmmmmm

JBmurc
16-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Positive announcement yesterday with Defender increasing oil output over 220bopd at the moment.
Gretel showing signs of oil and gas
Fraccing started on AusII and Gretel to start straight after.
AusII flowrates on Monday?? Tuesday???

Its all on..but no change in SP...hmmmmm

Yes I think we will see Defender settle above 400bopd in time
Both Gretel Aus 2 look very good an should be the catalyst to see our production smash through the 1,000bopd (3mill+ USD per month etc) the in-fill's SOA 2 could well see us double bopd before the years out ,,,very exciting times ahead will make the tiresome wait worth while IMHO

JBmurc
22-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Big night on the AMEX up 12.9% should see 12c-13c trades today in the heads an big move in the opts over the 10c resistance and onwards to having to move in .05c movements that I love to see with 1.198mill opts
(only weeks ago easy buy in the 8's)

asc4
22-02-2012, 05:33 PM
good day for samson JB, roosevelt ip due next week. sounds like TB wants to drill a well a month there this year, according to presentation talk. wow. heres to new highs this quarter!

JBmurc
23-02-2012, 10:52 PM
good day for samson JB, roosevelt ip due next week. sounds like TB wants to drill a well a month there this year, according to presentation talk. wow. heres to new highs this quarter!

yes may it continue,,,, mid-high teens coming if the two roosevelt wells both produce good amounts,,with both an either end of the lease thats one great fat area inbetween area to discover many MBOE
Can't believe more Sharetrader's aren't on board SSN I know of more invested in SSN living within 10mins of me than on here....

pago
23-02-2012, 11:09 PM
yes may it continue,,,, mid-high teens coming if the two roosevelt wells both produce good amounts,,with both an either end of the lease thats one great fat area inbetween area to discover many MBOE
Can't believe more Sharetrader's aren't on board SSN I know of more invested in SSN living within 10mins of me than on here....

hi jb
still here
holding maybe more then you
the fort peck results will be ok
i want to see increased well production
ie,a new well every month
cheers pago

JBmurc
23-02-2012, 11:17 PM
hi jb
still here
holding maybe more then you
the fort peck results will be ok
i want to see increased well production
ie,a new well every month
cheers pago

Your be a happy camper to see the direction of the SP ,,,I think you may be very surprised how the market will warm on good fort peck success with the higher Oil prices?market

asc4
28-02-2012, 01:41 PM
ann out. delays.

look for a big dump in the US tonight.

I feel that TB either has bad luck or gets the muppets in to drill and frac. If we see another defender (still waiting for results) it will be forever before we see 1500bopd. And the well a month in Roosevelt will look like another 'you aint seen nothing yet' comment.

asc4
06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Happy with the ann yesterday, although the market misread it (in my mind)

Defender inc. flow..may hit 300+...good signs for HAL taking up next well (fingers crossed)... What are peoples thoughts on HAL taking up the next free carried well in the Niobrara?

AusII..has flowing oil...70bopd, restricted flow, with only 2/3s of plugs drilled and equipment stuck in hole. I'm hoping for 400+ bopd with this well (short lateral, few stages, less productive area than williston basin)

Abercombie well lateral getting drilled..some good info to follow.

Gretel Frac in 2 weeks

Big month this March. :) ... SSN keeps finding oil, they struggle to get it out though.

asc4
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Informative post from Mitis on HC. Went to a small presentation made by TB at Macquarie in Sydney.

I'm back from the meeting with Terry and his exploration guru, David Ninke. Remember this meeting was a roadshow for Macquarie equities to gain exposure to the SSN story, and not about me, so there are only so many questions I could ask, and with 10 people sitting around the table, I wasnt going to embarrass Terry with any questions. He ran through the last Enercom preso, and i asked some questions along the way and gleamed the following:

- SOA #2 spuds 1st April. David is extremely excitied about this because of the 3D image .... in fact Terry swung over to him and asked if he didnt mind repeating what David had said to Terry about this location and the SOA site .... David said they can see 29 other SOA targets, so if the re-drill of SOA (imminent)comes in, watch out !

- TB still saying the jury is still out on Defender @ 280 ish BOPD, but he is hoping to get to 400 within the next 3-4 weeks as the well stabilises.

- another operational advisory due next week, but he wasnt sure if it will be Monday or not.

- TB is adamant that it is realistic to claim 4 in fill drills in ND stockyard and it will happen in 2012 ... drilling and fraccing untis much easier to get hold of vs last 12 months.

- TB confirmed OMRs find of Magic US 38 .... our more westerly location for defender no 2.

- TB is confident based on recent discussions with HAL that they will committ to Magic US 38, but we all have to wait for 31ST March for final decision.

- TB said he has taken some flack from various quarters abou the 70BOPD number in the last AUSII update, but he included because of disclosure requirements .... I didnt push that further.

- TB stressed the 70BOPD meant nothing ... and that sections of the market misinterpreted that part of the operational advisory :-)

- TB said the well is heavily 'blocked with undrilled plugs and equipment as reported, but once cleared, he thinks AUSII could release IPs of around 800BOPD but would be more than satisfied with say 500BOPD.

- TB said they have learnt alot about the frac of AUSII, and that in hindsight sight, would have used a bit more proppant and sand, but all that learning is going into the imminent Gretel frac .... all good.

- TB is committed to hiring the skidable rigs once AUSII and Gretel are declared commercial... I pushed on anticipated timeline here and got something like April / May to declare success or otherwise.

- TB confirmed they would pay for skids and one drill per month on Roosevelt by CR of undisclosed type/structure/nature, rather than chew up current cash of $US41M. CR maybe later this year, but expected to be higher levels than here ofcourse. It would also help cover costs of more conventional type SOA drills that cost about $US3M each vs the AUSII type frac that come in at present at about $US6.5M

- TB confirmed that the $50M facility others have posted about was set up 4 years ago, and I'll leave the explanation to what some others have posted - went over my head a bit, but its i think about being able to raise funds some time into the future according to various listing rules and regulations, so Sharks, I think yes TB will raise the 50M to help pay for skids and 1 drill per month and other project drilling costs later in the year.

- I put words in his mouth with the rough timeline for the SP to reach his target of $US24, and he agreed some time in about 18-24 months from now, and added "when I hope the chinese come in with a take over offer :-)"

- no one has come and knocked on the door yet in respect to TO, but the working relatonships with others around us in the Roosevelt such as Marathon and Continental means they will get a chance to take a closer look at SSN, and you never know what might come from that ;-)

All in all, i came away with the feeling that TB is confident the SP is due for a re-rating in the near future (next couple of months ?)with results due on several fronts including IPs on AUSII, Gretel, Abercrombie, and SOA #2.

Hope that is useful feedback ....I'm buying more stock today :-)

JBmurc
08-03-2012, 06:25 PM
yes great post asc4 $24 USD($1 asx) now that would be a nice price ....Is the reason SSNO is my largest holding am confindent Defender will flow 400bopd....yes predators could be a problem really need the SP to get a move on

JBmurc
13-03-2012, 07:14 PM
---Wealth wire----------

I recently returned from a huge metals and mining conference in Toronto hosted by the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC). I go to these conferences to find the five out of 100 stocks that we can make us some serious money.

But today I'm not talking about mining stocks. Not that I don't have great mining related ideas - I do.

Today I want to piggy-back on something Rick Rule said during his presentation. Rick is one of the most respected and successful (and most frequently quoted) resource investors around.

He stated that while he sees a lot of value in mining stocks, many sub-$500 million market cap oil and gas stocks are "stupidly cheap."

I think he nailed it here. Advances in drill technology coupled with newly discovered shale oil and gas plays has created a near perfect situation for North American energy production. This booming industry has the potential to help lead America's growth this decade.

It's that powerful.

Yet I don't think many Americans are aware of the full potential quite yet. It's time to tune in.

Such states as North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska and Colorado host formations that have become dependable producers of crude oil and natural gas.

Another up-and-coming region making headlines is the little Bakken - or so called "NeoBakken" - because of its potential. This region hosts the Niobrara shale formation in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas. The area is in the Denver-Julesburg Basin, usually referred to as the D-J Basin.

To get Niobrara exposure investors can purchase shares of Samson Oil and Gas Ltd. (NYSEAMEX: SSN), a small Australian company that has exposure to the D-J basin, as well as exposure to the other major shale oil plays in the U.S.

Samson is headquartered in Perth, but its U.S. operations are based in Colorado. Shares of the 31-year-old company are also traded on the Australian Stock Exchange for investors who wish to diversify out of U.S. dollars.

The company has a market cap of $227 million and entered the U.S. in late 2004 after becoming enamored with the Niobrara. In 2006, the company acquired a half-interest in 100,000 acres in Wyoming's Goshen County.

The stock had a nice run in 2010 yet pulled back after the initial excitement subsided. Now, with a 10% year-to-date surge in oil prices and a recent operations update - which propelled the shares up nearly 50% - this stock looks very interesting.

Samson Oil isn't alone in trying to pull oil out of Niobrara's rocks. Historically, the big players in the Niobrara include EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG), Noble Energy (NYSE: NBL) and Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK).

Samson is a small player by comparison, but its wells have recently begun to show promise, producing 315 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOEPD) in the fourth quarter of 2011.

A few days ago it announced that its Montana "Australia" well produced 70 BOPD over a three-day initial test period. It expects the flow to increase significantly after it finishes preparing the well for full-scale production.

In Wyoming, Samson's "Defender" well produced 288 BOPD over a 2.5-day test period. Again, the company is evaluating the well's potential for full scale production.

Samson is a compelling small-cap name with significant upside. The company is debt free, has proven reserves as of the end of 2011 of 650 million barrels oil equivalent and is the operator on three of its four projects - all of which are in the U.S.

It also has a very low cost of land acquisition - between $50 and $500 per acre, depending on the location.

While the stock shows the typically volatility of many junior energy exploration and production stocks, don't let that scare you away. The trick is to buy shares of these stocks on days of extreme weakness when there is no company-specific news that is driving the stock down, and then scale in with multiple purchases.

Samson has a stream of new projects coming online, and has multi-bagger return potential based on the economics I've reviewed. As always, though, please do your own research.

*Post courtesy of Tyler Laundon, Wyatt Research. Laundon is a leading small cap stock analyst and strategy consultant.

asc4
20-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Ann out..

Delays. Aus II not cleaned out and undrilled plugs remain. Frac delayed for gretel by a week.
Defender pump broken AGAIN! how much does a pump cost?!! All will be revealed in 2 weeks when HAL makes a descision. But then again with SSN it is always the next ann that will be the biggie.

Samson is the most fustrating stock ever. Have they had any well drilled and fracced without delays or issues in the last year?

So frustrated..need to calm down, just need SSN to catch a break and get a well drilled and fraced and flowing without delays. Defender has been FOREVER.

JBmurc
20-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Yes your not the only one........ so frustrating when you see so many other Oil plays booming

another article from pro active-investor

Samson Oil & Gas (ASX: SSN) has signed up two rigs from Frontier Drilling to carry out its upcoming drilling programs in North Dakota and Wyoming.

The program in the North Stockyard field in North Dakota will add to the existing producers there while the Wyoming program will take another shot at the targets the company failed to reach with the Spirit of America well.

The newbuild Frontier 24 rig is due to be completed in May or June this year and will drill 1 well before starting the 18 month contract with Samson.

The 1500 horsepower diesel electric top drive rig is mounted a box on box substructure and is capable of being skidded between wells on a single Eco Pad that allows Samson to batch drill 4 wells from a single drill pad, which reduces mobilisation costs.

Samson had previously noted that it plans to drill 4 infill wells at North Stockyard this year and another 2 in 2013. All wells will target the Bakken shale and will add to the 6 existing Bakken producers.

Bakken wells have produced at initial rates of up to 3000 barrels of oil per day.

Meanwhile, the 1000 horsepower diesel electric top drive Frontier Rig 11 will drill the Spirit of America II well to assess Permian and Pennsylvanian aged targets that were mapped from 3D seismic acquired as part of the Hawk Springs project.

The drilling engineering plan for this well has been extensively revised since the original well was drilled and will use a combination of an oil based mud, higher density mud and deeper set casing to combat the shale problem previously encountered above the target zone.

Rig 11 will drill 1 firm well but will be available to drill the next Niobrara lateral in the event that Samson’s farm-in partners elects to drill that well.

Spirit of America II is expected to spud in the first half of April.

asc4
20-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Rig 11 will drill 1 firm well but will be available to drill the next Niobrara lateral in the event that Samson’s farm-in partners elects to drill that well.

Hopefully this is a hint at HAL's intentions...will have to wait and see.

JBmurc
20-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Hopefully this is a hint at HAL's intentions...will have to wait and see.

Yes maybe one more if good HAL will go in boots n all....

you couldn't say SSN isn't busy ,,just need some wells to flow good oil without any more problems ..Defenders been a nightmare glad we've been free carried..

asc4
20-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I like the extra farm ins in roosevelt, low cost but high info.

But I get concerned when delays also mean delays in income and increased cash burn. There are talks in places about a 50mill credit raising, which is concerning. SSN needs to get those wells flowing and get a some clear valuations of their land before any raising takes place to maximise value for current holders.

TB outlines is ambitious in his drilling programs, but I have lost all faith in them ALL been achieved in 2012. Here's to hoping though..so much potential...lets prove it!!

pago
20-03-2012, 08:51 PM
hi guys
frustrating delay
but these were exploratory wells

i expect the sp to recover in a few days/ a week
i still have confidence in terry and ssn
he said he would await the fort peck results
before a drilling plan
as you can see a rig has been contracted for 18 months.
i look to the big picture and they have the knowledge/confidence
in what ssn plans ahead.
cheers
pago.

JBmurc
23-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Samson Oil & Gas Is Headed the Right Way
By Isac Simon | More Articles
March 22, 2012 | Comments (0)

Watch stocks you care about
The single, easiest way to keep track of all the stocks that matter...

Your own personalized stock watchlist!

It's a 100% FREE Motley Fool service...
Click Here Now
Samson Oil & Gas (AMEX: SSN ) is a classic example of an up-and-coming oil exploration and production company. What we have here is a company whose cash outflow has been far outweighing inflows, but whose prospects look hugely exciting. The latest well update from Samson reassures investors as to why this company is on its way to the top.
On track
Last December, I mentioned that the company had a lot of projects in hand which had yet to add to production. The latest update on them is pretty much in line with expectations, which is encouraging. The Australia II 12 KA 6 in Montana's Bakken formation, which had been drilled to 15,000 feet in December, has been coming along nicely. Fracture stimulation was held successfully in February, and the well has started flowing. However, due to a minor fracking incident in which excessive sand was coming out of the fractures, production was temporarily plugged. Yet I must say that the well's overall development -- from drilling to establishing a flow -- has been pretty fast.
Another Bakken well, the Gretel II 12KA 3, has been drilled to a depth of over 15,000 feet, and is awaiting hydraulic fracturing this month -- a quick development once again. If Samson is trying to speed up the development of its Bakken reserves, it doesn't come as a surprise. While initial flow rates of these wells have yet to be ascertained, these lucrative reserves definitely look promising.
The Hawk Springs project in Wyoming, however, might face unexpected delays following a pump failure on the Defender US33. While a replacement pump better suited for the production mix has been brought in, efficiency has taken a beating.
Still, the overall progress has been impressive. Samson has been sinking a lot of cash into its exploratory projects -- more than what it has been earning. The company ended up posting a loss in the quarter ending December 2011 thanks in part to exploration costs of $4.6 million. Out of these costs, $4.5 million was sunk on a well in the Hawk Springs project that unfortunately happened to be a dry hole. But that isn't something to be worried about. Samson looks well capitalized with $42 million in cash on its balance sheet. Again, one only needs to look back into the recent past to find struggling E&P companies striking it big.
A well-trodden path
The best example, without doubt, is Kodiak Oil & Gas (NYSE: KOG ) , which, like Samson, showed huge promise but reported minimal revenue until last year. However, since full-fledged production got under way, there has been no stopping this company, with revenue skyrocketing. And it still continues to hold out growth prospects.
Foolish bottom line
Looking at Samson, there's little doubt that it is following in the footsteps of its fellow Bakken operator. We at The Motley Fool will help you stay up to speed on the top news and analysis on Samson Oil & Gas. You can start now by adding the company to your free watchlist.

asc4
30-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Ann out ...

delays..more f.. ups

defender at 100bopd...no hal descion in ann..must be waiting for flow rates from aus ii to let us down easy on then opting out....i have hal opting to drill next well at 1:10

JBmurc
30-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Ann out ...

delays..more f.. ups

defender at 100bopd...no hal descion in ann..must be waiting for flow rates from aus ii to let us down easy on then opting out....i have hal opting to drill next well at 1:10

yeah doing my head in....must have one of the worst drilling/frac crews going of late

sold a small few opts 10c

asc4
30-03-2012, 03:11 PM
it is crazy, SSN can't get off the ground. At this rate IPs for AUsII and Gretel will be in the 3rd quarter.

Have to say I am impressed we aren't at 10c on the heads, maybe the high flow of frac fluid from gretel is keeping peps keen.

asc4
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
This is beyond a joke, SSN cant drill a hole and frac without something F..ing up. Is there ANY OIL in the gretel flow back...this has me concerned!

Denver 1700 hours April 10th, 2012, Perth 0700 hours April 11th, 2012
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) provides advice on its current projects.
Gretel II 12KA 3 #1-30H, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% backin right)
As previously reported, the Gretel II fracture stimulation of the Bakken Formation was successfully completed, however a frac plug was set in the vertical part of the well. This plug and an attached perforating gun will be recovered when the work-over rig arrives later this week after having completed the Australia II work-over.
During the intervening period the well has been flowed back and has recovered 12,000 barrels of water. The stimulation operation injected a total of 43,000 barrels. The go forward plan is to recover the fish, drill out the frac valves and run the production string and continue the flow back.
Australia II 12KA 6, #1-29H, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% back-in right)
The work-over rig successfully retrieved the stuck perforation gun from the Australia II well and has drilled out the remaining frac plugs. This operation took longer than expected due to several breakdowns of the rig and associated equipment. The rig is currently running the production tubing after which the well will be flowed back. As noted, this rig is expected to mobilize to the Gretel II location later this week.
Abercrombie 1-10H (SSN 0.75%)
The Abercrombie well has been successfully stimulated, placing 2.8 million pounds of proppant in 30 stages.
Defender US33 #2-29H, (SSN 37.5% working interest)
The problems experienced in the past with the rod pump in Defender have continued and as a result the well is being worked over this afternoon. The operation will pull the tubing and the pump and a decision will be taken to either run another rod pump or if possible run the down hole equipment associated with a jet pump that has been sourced. The provider of this equipment has yet to advise a firm delivery date, but it is expected to be in the short term. The continuing difficulty associated with the rod pump arises from the amount of gas that is being produced from the reservoir, resulting in the partial closure of the down hole valves, which in turn means that the volume capacity of the pump is impaired. Because the jet pump operates on a venturi system, the current thinking is that the jet pump configuration will not suffer the same problem as the rod pumps.Denver 1700 hours April 10th, 2012, Perth 0700 hours April 11th, 2012
Samson Oil & Gas Limited (ASX: SSN; NYSE AMEX: SSN) provides advice on its current projects.
Gretel II 12KA 3 #1-30H, (SSN 100%, subject to a 33.34% backin right)
As previously reported, the Gretel II fracture stimulation of the Bakken Formation was successfully completed, however a frac plug was set in the vertical part of the well. This plug and an attached perforating gun will be recovered when the work-over rig arrives later this week after having completed the Australia II work-over.
During the intervening period the well has been flowed back and has recovered 12,000 barrels of water. The stimulation operation injected a total of 43,000 barrels. The go forward plan is to recover the fish, drill out the frac valves and run the production string and continue the flow back.
The work-over rig successfully retrieved the stuck perforation gun from the Australia II well and has drilled out the remaining frac plugs. This operation took longer than expected due to several breakdowns of the rig and associated equipment. The rig is currently running the production tubing after which the well will be flowed back. As noted, this rig is expected to mobilize to the Gretel II location later this week.
Abercrombie 1-10H (SSN 0.75%)
The Abercrombie well has been successfully stimulated, placing 2.8 million pounds of proppant in 30 stages.
Defender US33 #2-29H, (SSN 37.5% working interest)
The problems experienced in the past with the rod pump in Defender have continued and as a result the well is being worked over this afternoon. The operation will pull the tubing and the pump and a decision will be taken to either run another rod pump or if possible run the down hole equipment associated with a jet pump that has been sourced. The provider of this equipment has yet to advise a firm delivery date, but it is expected to be in the short term. The continuing difficulty associated with the rod pump arises from the amount of gas that is being produced from the reservoir, resulting in the partial closure of the down hole valves, which in turn means that the volume capacity of the pump is impaired. Because the jet pump operates on a venturi system, the current thinking is that the jet pump configuration will not suffer the same problem as the rod pumps.

JBmurc
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
yeah their drill team are muppets

asc4
18-04-2012, 03:04 PM
wow, getting thumped on a good day. is Aus II still only pumping 70bopd after completion?

JBmurc
18-04-2012, 05:00 PM
wow, getting thumped on a good day. is Aus II still only pumping 70bopd after completion?

12c-9.5c in no time TB does another presentation made up 90% of the same pics imfo his done for the last 5 presentations
I didn't at all see the point off wasting funds to do 5 presentations since NOV to get word out on SSN when we haven't seen any solid on-going flow-rates from the muti-wells thats seem to have been taking forever .....we need good flow-rates simple as that ...the long it takes the more holders are thinking there not economic ....surely we cant be far away....

My biggest holding so getting smashed atm

So wish I sold more above 10c(opts)

asc4
18-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I think he needs to work on JVs etc. to get this land worked over. All waits on the results in the next few weeks.

After Gretel we should see Fort Peck take up their stake and hopefully TB has worked with someone else to work this area (Continental?)

If hals signs up, then I will feel much more comfy with the nio acreage as it will move ahead quicker than if SSN goes it alone (Cash Burn)

SOA2 could be a big surprise...or it could be a massive failure, although TB finds oil everywhere he goes, he just cant get it out.

My hands are getting weak. If roosevelt results are bad ill be out, along with everyone else!

asc4
26-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Some heat over the new management money grab...are SSN management showing their true colours?

JBmurc
27-04-2012, 08:12 PM
DENVER & PERTH, Australia, Apr 26, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Samson Oil & Gas Limited (asx:SSN) /quotes/zigman/478556/quotes/nls/ssn SSN +1.02% provides advice on its current projects.

Gretel II 12KA 3 #1-30H, (SSN 100% WI, subject to a 33.34% backin right)

The Gretel II fracture stimulation of the Bakken Formation was successfully completed on March 28th utilizing the sliding sleeve frac method. 1.7 million pounds of proppant was pumped into 20 stages. A workover rig is currently drilling out the frac plugs on the Gretel II well. The frac plug and perforating gun have been recovered from the vertical part of the hole and 5 of the 19 frac plugs have been drilled out. The well will subsequently be flowed back. Following the flow back, production facilities will be built on site. This is expected to occur over the next few weeks.

Australia II 12KA 6, #1-29H, (SSN 100% WI, subject to a 33.34% back-in right)

The frac plugs have been successfully drilled out from the Australia II well. Approximately 600 barrels of oil were produced from the Australia II well during the plug drill-out and flow-back operations. The well is currently shut-in while production facilities are being built on site. This operation is expected to be completed over the next two weeks.

Abercrombie 1-10H (RICHLAND COUNTY, MONTANA, SSN WI 0.75%)

All 29 frac plugs have been drilled out of the Abercrombie well and is currently waiting to be placed on production. 9,906 barrels of load water and 18 barrels of oil were produced during flow-back operations prior to the well being shut-in for production facilities to be built.

Riva Ridge 6-7-33-56H (SHERIDAN COUNTY, MONTANA SSN WI 0.76%)

The Riva Ridge well has been drilled, but not fracked. The fracking will likely occur in late May. Currently all well information is being held confidential by the operator.

Defender US33 #2-29H, (SSN 37.5% WI)

A jet pump is currently being installed on the Defender US33 #2-29H well in Goshen County, WY to alleviate gas locking and sanding issues that were experienced with the traditional sucker rod pump that has been on the well since inception. The well produced 5,238 barrels of oil prior to this new workover operation. The well produced as high as 288 BOPD.

Spirit of America US34 #2-29, (SSN up to 100% WI)

The rig to drill the Spirit of America US34 #2-29 well is being mobilized to the well site and the well is expected to spud on or about May 1st. This 11,000' vertical well will test two targets in the Lower Permian and Pennsylvanian age rocks. The Company previously attempted to test these targets but was unsuccessful in doing so due to drilling difficulties in the Permian salt section. A larger, more powerful top-drive rig combined with a heavy weighted oil-based mud and an intermediate casing string set over the salt and bubble gum shale section should allow us to reach our targets.

Samson's Ordinary Shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the symbol "SSN." Samson's American Depository Shares (ADSs) are traded on the New York Stock Exchange AMEX under the symbol "SSN." Each ADS represents 20 fully paid Ordinary Shares of Samson. Samson has a total of 1,996 million ordinary shares issued and outstanding (including 238 million options exercisable at AUD 1.5 cents), which would be the equivalent of 99.8 million ADSs. Accordingly, based on the NYSE AMEX closing price of US$1.98 per ADS on April 26th, 2012 the Company has a current market capitalization of approximately US$192 million. Correspondingly, based on the ASX closing price of A$.093 on April 26th, 2012, the Company has a current market capitalization of A$181 million. The options have been valued at their closing price of A$.073 on April 26th, 2012 and translated to US$ at the current exchange of 1.0382 for purposes of inclusion in the US$ market capitalization calculation.

For and on behalf of the board of SAMSON OIL & GAS LIMITED

TERRY BARR Managing Director

asc4
30-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Well I sent and Email to Terry today. Expressed my disgust at the LTIP and the weak performance of SSN over the last year.

In regards to the quarterly today. No production increase over 6 months. Cash Burn.

In regards the the last op update. Vague as per norm...AusII 600barrels over what? 1 day or 12 days? there is a big difference.
No word on Gretel oil shows, but prduction facilities MAY get built.

Defender...ok so 2nite is April 30th in the states...ANN 2moro on HAL descion....doubt it!

Bit negative I know, time for a beer...and a chill pill.

asc4
17-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Sold out of this the other day along with all my stocks.

Stilll here JB?

I might come back under 5c on the heads...looks a possibility with a market cap over 100mil and mngmt spending like drunken sailors

JBmurc
17-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Sold out of this the other day along with all my stocks.

Stilll here JB?

I might come back under 5c on the heads...looks a possibility with a market cap over 100mil and mngmt spending like drunken sailors

No sadly still holding what did you sell at ??? I see SSN has another permit to drill another well cleared .....

asc4
17-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Low 8's. Should have sold a long time ago though, I have probably signalled the bottom.

Thats the problem, SSN permits but doesnt complete. I feel the sentiment has got the best of SSN and any results will not receive any massive SP rise. I have my doubts with management. Admin costs are high and results are low.

GL JB I hope SSN becomes even more profitable for you. I have sold all my stocks (not that much to start with) to beef up my house deposit as I am looking to purchase soon.

soulman
17-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Low 8's. Should have sold a long time ago though, I have probably signalled the bottom.

Thats the problem, SSN permits but doesnt complete. I feel the sentiment has got the best of SSN and any results will not receive any massive SP rise. I have my doubts with management. Admin costs are high and results are low.

GL JB I hope SSN becomes even more profitable for you. I have sold all my stocks (not that much to start with) to beef up my house deposit as I am looking to purchase soon.

You are not purchasing in Australia, are you asc4?

asc4
17-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Haha, yeah Sydney..must have holes in my head!
Been looking the last year with the wifey. We can get some first homebuyer perks. Looking at the lower end of the market.

Any warnings/suggesions?

soulman
17-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Not really.....maybe another 3 months time will be a good time. Just that interest rate will probably come down further and you may get more incentives from builders and banks....But all got to do with your situation..bankroll/jobs/kids etc....

asc4
17-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Yep thats our timeframe. Sick of paying high rents. Time to own our own place.

JBmurc
28-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Spirit of America US34 #2-29, (SSN 100% WI)

The Spirit of America #2 well has set intermediate seven inch casing at a depth of 9,130 feet, which completed a significant milestone in securing the Permian salt section behind pipe. This depth is 60 feet deeper than the point at which the first well was abandoned, which did not penetrate the two 3-D seismically defined targets. Drilling operations re-commenced and the shallowest primary target in the Permian section was intersected at 9,287 feet and an interval of unconsolidated sandstone was drilled between 9,304 and 9,320 feet. A significant amount of free oil was recovered from samples within this interval. A significant oil show was also recorded over the interval 9,393 and 9,430 feet in a shaly siltstone. The well at 0600 hours this morning was drilling ahead at 9,441 feet after completing a repair to the top drive. The forward plan is to drill ahead to evaluate a deeper target prior to a total depth of approximately 10,750 feet. A comprehensive geophysical logging suite will be run at total depth.

The work-over rig has completed its work on the Australia II well and the well bore is ready for production. Surface facilities and the well hook up have been completed and the well began pumping Friday May 25th. The well-produced approximately 500 bbls of mostly completion fluid during the first 24 hours, and will be evaluated over the next few weeks. We will report the well's oil production potential when known.

asc4
28-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Haha looks like i signalled the bottom..typical. GL

pago
28-05-2012, 03:02 PM
hi
even better news
it seems the L T I P ,all 6 resolutions, to be withdrawn.
cheers

JBmurc
28-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Haha looks like i signalled the bottom..typical. GL

Yes looks like it make sure to keep an eye on SSN if SOA2 is a successive discovery-hawk springs (looking good at this stage) it could be worth big dollars from presentation's SSN believe there could be upwards of 50 mmbbl at hawk springs @ $90bbl =4.5billion
talk of $13 NAV amex per share if area is productive that equals out to round 65-70c ASX (1-1.3billion marketcap)
--the rest i.e Roosevelt could well add another 50c+ NAV to the SP if successive

--so $1 SP not completely out of the question

Yes meeting cancelled TB and the boys would have most the votes in by now ,, to save face I'm sure they decided to pull the pin....Another great ann..

JBmurc
31-05-2012, 09:47 PM
The Spirit of America #2 well is currently tripping for a bit at a depth of 10,053 feet, having previously set intermediate seven inch casing at a depth of 9,130 feet, The Permian section was intersected at 9,287 feet and subsequently 10 individual, unconsolidated sandstone intervals have been drilled from which significant amounts of free oil have been recovered. Based on the mud log
data (acknowledging that this is a qualitative tool), a total of 220 feet of prospective reservoir rock
with oil shows have been intersected.

The forward plan is to drill ahead to a total depth of approximately 10,700 feet after which a
comprehensive geophysical logging suite will be run."

JBmurc
01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
good 8% move overnight on the AMEX ,while oil and the markets fell

220 feet of oil in play ,another 700ft to drill

asc4
19-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Looks nasty for SSN, acreage looks to be a bit sketchy after todays ANN.

JBmurc
19-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Looks nasty for SSN, acreage looks to be a bit sketchy after todays ANN.

Yeah goodbye to new ford TTG in value ...TB/SSN is the most manic depressant share I've ever held,, one ann. they look to have major pay zones the next just problems ...this ann broke the camels back did think about selling down a few yesterday grim indeed

JBmurc
21-06-2012, 08:13 PM
All sold out of SSN should have done it weeks ago like the look of MPO to make the losses back

JBmurc
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
What a joke these guys have become ..a MD that would rather spend money on a lawyer trying to get shareholder details that believe he has talked the talk but not done the walk he stated they would.. than working on increasing BOEPD which has gone backwards over the last 2yrs along with a large cash balance that will be all but gone this year...a move to fill Mgmt boots only stopped by shareholders.....
Strong Sell here IMHO

JBmurc
13-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Dear Members,

Samson Oil & Gas Limited have demanded we shut down all discussion regarding SSN on HotCopper. This is a direct result of potentially defamatory remarks posted on this thread. HotCopper is opposed to this action but cannot afford the legal costs required to defend our position against a publicly listed company.

the ship is sinking .....

JBmurc
17-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Well never thought I'd touch these boys again but the opts leverage on the latest ann. of 1,375 BOPD flow testing over 24hr period
paid 1.4c for the opts SSNOA ex price 3.8c March 30th 2017 (over 3.5years to go) head shares closed @ 3c the yanks should push this another 10% tonight IMHO .....already got my sell order in place 2.8c 100% return ST be fine by me

Denver 1700 hours September 16th 2013, Perth 0700 hours September 17
th
, 2013
NORTH STOCKYARD PROJECT, WILLIAMS COUNTY, NORTH DAKOTA
Sail and Anchor 1-13-14HBK well (SSN WI 25.03%)
Fracture stimulation operations on the Sail and Anchor 4-13-14 well finished on September 11th
with the placement of 2.5 million pounds of proppant over 22 stages in the 6,100 foot lateral that
was drilled in the middle Bakken. There were no screen-outs and the fracture stimulation operation
generally went as planned.
Flowback operations started three days later on September 14th. With the well choked back, the
average oil rate seen over a 24 hour period was 1,375 BOPD with a maximum hourly rate of 1,768
BOPD. The short flowback period is finished and the well will be handed over to production. At this
time there are no definitive plans to drill out the frac plugs which may be limiting production.
Coopers 2-15-14HBK and Tooheys 2-15-14HBK wells (SSN WI 27.7%)
The Coopers 2-15-14HBK well was drilled to a kick-off point of 10,610 feet, at which point the
curve portion of the well was drilled and landed in the upper part of the Middle Bakken Formation.
7 inch casing was run to 11,294’ and cemented. Current operations involve picking up 4 inch drill
pipe and running in hole with a lateral drilling assembly. The Coopers well will be drilled to a total
measured depth of approximately 17,827 feet. When Coopers is completed,

JBmurc
17-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Buying more opts at 1.1c taking my average down to 1.2c ....a lot of drill/frac results to come before Xmas one of the better leverage opts on the market IMHO

JBmurc
31-10-2013, 07:09 PM
pretty good Qtr ...good to see CNOOC fronting up....

In Goshen County, Wyoming, preparations to drill the Bluff #1-11 this fall have begun. OOGC (the subsidiary of CNOOC) has elected to participate for their 33.33% working interest in the drilling of the Bluff well

"Samson is currently in the process of negotiating the sale of its Roosevelt Project with other buyers along with the previous potential buyer who was not able to close on time"

-10.5mill in cash

Biggest negative is the Greedy mgmt and their poor performances in hiring the drillers to do the job...Finally looks like slawson is a much better drilling company ...would like to see them handle all of SSN exploration ...that and cut half of the current SSN mgmt and wages

JBmurc
14-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Denver 1700 hours January 13th, 2014, Perth 0700 hours January 14th, 2014
NORTH STOCKYARD PROJECT, WILLIAMS COUNTY, NORTH DAKOTA
Blackdog 3-13-14H (SSN WI 25.03%)
Frac operations in the Blackdog well are expected to commence on January 22nd. Following the completion of that stimulation treatment, a coil tubing unit will be used to drill out the frac plugs in both the Blackdog and Sail and Anchor 1-13-14HBK wells (SSN WI 25.03%). Both wells are located on the Tofte 1 pad, which is on the southern boundary of Section 13 within the North Stockyard project. Sail and Anchor was fracced in September 2013 and has been flowed back previously, though that prior flow back is believed to have been restricted by the frac plugs.
Little Creature 3-15-14HBK (SSN WI 27.7%),
The 35 stage cemented liner fracture stimulation has been completed. The flow back of this well is expected to commence around January 20th, following the completion of the surface production facilities on the Tofte 2 pad, where this well is located which is on the northern boundary of Section 15, within the North Stockyard project.
Coopers 2-15-14HBK (SSN WI 27.7%) and Tooheys 4-15-14HBK (SSN WI 27.7%)
Fracture stimulation operations on the Coopers and Tooheys wells have been completed, and both of these wells are currently shut-in. The wells are located on the Tofte 2 pad and flow-back operations on these wells will commence around January 20th in conjunction with the Little Creature well flow back.
Rennerfeldt 2-13-HBK (SSN WI 25.03%)
The Rennerfeldt 2-13-HBK well was spudded on January 10th and drilled to 2,450 feet, where the surface casing string was set and cemented. The Frontier 24 rig is in the process of being skidded to the Rennerfeldt 1-13-HBK well.
Rennerfeldt 1-13-HBK (SSN WI 25.03%)
Rennerfeldt 1-13-HBK is located on the same pad as the Rennerfeldt 2-13-HBK well, which is in the north easterly corner of Section 13. These two wells will be batch drilled, Rennerfeldt 1-13-HBK is expected to spud today and to be drilled to its surface casing depth during the course of this week.
About Samson Oil & Gas Limited
Samson’s Ordinary Shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange under the symbol "SSN". Samson's American Depository Shares (ADSs) are traded on the New York Stock Exchange MKT under the symbol "SSN". Each ADS represents 20 fully paid Ordinary Shares of Samson. Samson has a total of 2,547 million ordinary shares issued and outstanding (including 230 million options exercisable at AUD 3.8 cents), which would be the equivalent of 127.35 million ADSs. Accordingly, based on the NYSE MKT closing price of US$0.43 per ADS on January 13th, 2014 the Company has a current market capitalization of approximately US$56.4 million (the options have been valued at an exchange rate of 0.9036). Correspondingly, based on the ASX closing price of A$0.024 for ordinary shares and a closing price of A$0.008 for the 2017 options, on January 13th, 2014, the Company has a current market capitalization of approximately A$62.9 million.