PDA

View Full Version : ADY - extremely cheap or too risky/early

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

shasta
29-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Will this dog survive?

Anyone know how much cash they have in the bank, if any?

Oh my god, i simply do not believe it :eek:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ADY&E=ASX&N=207327

A please explain from 2.4c - 3.2c?

ADY went from 1c to 5c with over 200m traded & no speed ticket?

The ASX are a pathetic toothless tiger :mad:

spruik
29-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Someone mentioned possible short covering from the old time...

shasta
19-04-2009, 03:59 PM
ADY Price still moving up strongly, can anyone tell me why that might be, has anything fundamentally changed? Is this company still very likely to go into administration? If so is this too dangerous to hold short term? how much cash is left and whats the burn rate?

ADY have sued there JV partner & another company of late & received a few $m.

I presume they still have some the funds from the sale of Rincon Lithium?

They had to pay off debt, & i don't know if there unprofitable WISCO contract has been completed as yet.

Probably a tradeable stock, given the leaky nature of info & the SP rise ahead of announcements.

ADY still have ambitious growth plans for there Iron Ore in Chile, so i suspect they need more funds for capex.

The fundamentals all changed with ADY when they sold off the Lithium project to pay off debt. (To the wise folk behind, QGC & now VPE)

That decision along with ZFX to buy AGM (& then OXR to merge with ZFX), are probably the 2 worst business decisions of 2008/09.

ADY would have screw all available cash, & i wouldn't bother even checking it up!

steve fleming
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Ex ADY director Anthony Blumberg arrested and now faces criminal charges for breaching directors' duties.....good job

http://www.smh.com.au/business/opes-prime-directors-charged-by-asic-20100111-m27h.html

drillfix
11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I still rule in Favour of Corporate Be-headings. That will bring them in line with reality.

ob1kinobi
23-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Howdy ST Land,

This ticker has been on the radar since the 11th of April when it shot up 21% to 0.046

However I know nothing bout the company and since the market has topped I haven't wanted to chance my arm.

Today the sp is around 0.08 which is a return of around 70% for a month.

I'm sure some of you out there have been watching this thing run?? Yet I haven't seen any news offering an explanation.

Some of the volumes have been moderate, but there's been a couple of bigger days too.

Any thoughts?

drillfix
23-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi Obi1,

Not sure mate, the chart looks like its being pumped by insiders or something.

The hourly chart looks good though, much better than the daily, although as you say, WHY?

Surely some news about something due soon though perhaps the SP will already factor this in? Who knows, but like you , I would rather have both my arms and legs in tack than chasing something of the unknown Abyss.

Seems like the Top 20 Shareholders have over 38% of the company, and the directors hold nearly 14%.

On their quarterly, they say Finalisation of the Chilean branch will be setup plus a few other things which I am not too aware of.

ob1kinobi
23-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Good on ya Drilly

I can rely on you to speak your mind & post a comment ; )

I've visited the website too, albeit briefly, I was on the look out for some +ve news

It will stay on the watchlist until I find out more info.

I'm not in a rush to jump into anything at the moment.

drillfix
23-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not in a rush to jump into anything at the moment.

Here Here Ob1, Good intuition there mate.

These are treacherous rivers we are trading down atm.

As its not like a simple kayak paddle down stream but more so rather a white water mad paddle up and down the rapids at times.

ob1kinobi
25-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Well this things still got legs, hard to believe that there's no one out there that's not on it.

doon
25-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Well this things still got legs, hard to believe that there's no one out there that's not on it.
You need to do some research and go back 3 years- check announcements, and a chart that shows adjustments and you will see this one lost more than its legs. Check the way management handled their Lithium project and some other deals, and some of the people associated with ADY. This one needs legs to get it up to 140cents and more (yes 140, NOT 14 cents!) before I'll start clapping. There have been alot of false alarms with ADY- maybe something positive is happening this time rather than the 'pump and dumps of recent times.

drillfix
25-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi Ob1,

Mate I think the same principle applies today, either insiders know something, or the stock is being pumped or primed ready for a potential eventual fall, in which case, better hold onto your arms and legs so they caught in the down draft.

Seems nobody actually knows and where is the ASX with a speeding ticket? they are probably buying and selling ADY...LOL

This is way too risky for me, but even the hourly shows me that its still the good side of the trade to be on, yet I am too afraid to get caught up in this because if I had, I would have done it before 6c thats for sure.

It is what it is. Although unlike CZN who has actual news and potential results pending that is driving the ship and speculators take position in the stock, this one is like entering onto a Ghost Ship whereby you dont know whats gonna happen, or even why (yet at least).

Although each to their own.

doon
25-05-2011, 05:20 PM
drillfix, there was a speeding ticket yesterday, and another on 13th May

drillfix
25-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Haaaaa, Doon~~!

No wonder, this stock thinks its in the indie 500 :P

ob1kinobi
25-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi Doon,

I am just an observer trying to generate some discussion ( discl: Not holding ) as the thread has been quiet since the start of the year.

I do take your point tho DYOR! And yes some of the posts on this thread are tales of woe : (

As the price action looked good, I thought I'd make further enquiries.

Cheers

doon
25-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi ob1, you need to check out hotcopper if you want lots of opinions on many asx stocks http://www.hotcopper.com.au It is worth joining as long as you have plenty of time to read alot of rubbish to get to some good opinions. ADY features all the time on there and makes interesting reading. I expect many readers both here in NZ and in Aus will have been burnt badly with ADY and will be very cynical with sudden surges in the price. However, as I am still a holder albeit much poorer than when I 'invested' in the lithium dream, so would really like this upswing to be long lasting. However, a very long way to go before I get my money back so not holding my breath :(

ob1kinobi
25-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey Drilly

Unlike CZN ... Yes I read a wee bit of that thread last night, its been a wee bit of a roller coaster too eh.

Pleased you guys r now on the right side of the trade!

ob1kinobi
25-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I've had a look at HC Doon, but at the mo, I don't need the aggravation. I look at ASF from time to time, as it's more FA guys rather than slick trader types.

gv1
31-05-2011, 01:24 PM
yeah I bought them last yr, share consolidated 5:1. sold at .46 at a loss back in march . Now share price increased. Dont know whats happening with this stock.