PDA

View Full Version : NXS Nexus

donnie
18-01-2005, 04:34 PM
NXS had a big jump to around 60c. now its starting to dive might need to keep an eye on this one for some trading chances.

yogi-in-oz
18-01-2005, 11:02 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

Hi donnie,

NXS may drift down now, until the next
drilling schedule is announced, later
in the year .....

..... an entry around .38 would probably
see a lot of support ..... :)

happy trading

yogi

:) :) :) :) :)

yogi-in-oz
25-10-2005, 12:20 PM
:)

Hi folks,

NXS ..... ran some numbers and came up with some
likely key dates for news/moves:

28102005 ..... minor and positive

04112005 ..... minor

14112005 ..... minor

15, 17, 18112005 ..... figure Fur Seal results mostly likely here???

28112005 ..... minor

30112005 ..... significant and negative

13122005 ..... minor and positive

29122005 ..... minor and positive

12012006 ..... significant and negative

happy trading

yogi

yogi-in-oz
17-09-2006, 10:56 PM

Hi folks,

NXS ..... technically, looking good and a break over 77 cents
should hopefully bring some new players in from the sidelines (???)

Some key dates ahead for NXS, with an underlying positive
tone, until around 23102006 (???)

26092006 ..... significant news here???

11102006 ..... aggressive rally???

13-16102006 ..... positive spotlight on NXS ... looks big ... :)

20-23102006 ..... minor news

happy days

yogi

mark100
27-10-2006, 02:18 AM
There's a lot happening at Nexus. I got in last month when Stockanalysis gave them a very positive write-up.

Today they were up 11% on news that Shell had entered into a HOA with them to pay US$50m for a 34% stake in the Echuca Shoals field.

The reports by Stockanalysis are available at www.nexusenergy.com.au and are worth reading

Taijon
04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Its been a while since anyone posted on this thread.

NXS seems to have quite a lot going for it with some of its projects getting closer to production (but still some way off). The stock is getting hammered today on about 5 times the normal daily volume for no readily apparent reason. Perhaps the latest drill (Fossetmaker) is disappointing. The company is also presenting at a Good Oil conference in Freemantle - perhaps potential investors didn't like what they heard!!!!!! I'm expecting a "please explain" from the ASX
Any thoughts?

clearasmud
04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
The lastest drill result was disappointing.

Clearasmud

Taijon
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks Clearasmud - I guessed this may be the case but has there been an over-reaction? Does this disappointing outcome from Fossetmaker 1 mean that much to NXS and its share price (a drop today of just over 22%)? I presume the likelihood of a second drill paid for by Shell is somewhat diminished now and that would have implications for NXS and this particular project.

clearasmud
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
These guys seem to be creating the next Woodside.What with likely rising energy prices I,ll probably hold my parcel for a few years.

Clearasmud

Tok3n
04-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't think its over for Echuca Shoals yet.

It was just an appraisal to test how far it might extend.

But yer 10m column is disappointing.

So basically, its not a huge gas field, but could still be a large one for commercial production.

Hope they go in again in a better position.

Its not the next Woodside, by the time they get to Woodside status, the whole world would have migrated to hybrid cars (lithium supplied by ADY :) ), j/king.

Reckon this is a stock that Shrewd Crude might be interested in :)

tricha
28-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Indices & Prices

All Ordinaries 6,013.60

Energy Index 13,391.90

Brent US$/bbl 72.07

AUS$/US$ 0.8543

As at Close August 7th

All Ordinaries S&P ASX 200 Energy Index Brent Crude Oil $US/barrel

Originally Published Vol 4, Issue 17 August 8th 2007

Nexus Locks in Value (NXS)

Recommendation: The sale of a 15% interest
in Nexus Energy’s Crux project for $75 million
locks in a market value of $425 million, or 79
cps for its remaining 85% stake. StockAnalysis
has lifted its base, risk adjusted value for
Nexus to $2.71 per share and calculates an
upside valuation of $5/share for the company. StockAnalysis retains a buy
recommendation for Nexus.

Nexus is driven by a management team which has proven
to be both technically competent and financially very savvy.
The company is now substantially funded for development
at Longtom. Cash flow from Longtom gas sales should
commence in H2, 2008, providing pre-tax cash flow of
around $50 million pa to fund ongoing exploration and
development, while additional farm-out funding may also be
sourced to fast track project development.
Nexus is largely a development story, with value of $1.50
per share underpinned by hard oil & gas assets.
StockAnalysis is very comfortable with a risk adjusted
target valuation of $2.71 per share and believes that the ultimate value for a long term
investor could prove to be substantially in excess of its upside target of $5 per share.

Huang Chung
28-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Good to see you commenting on specific stocks again Tricha. :)

Feeling any more bullish?

tricha
28-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Good to see you commenting on specific stocks again Tricha. :)

Feeling any more bullish?

yep, feeling more bullish!

Sticking to oil Huang, even though I've got this gut feeling SMY, PEM and OXR are going to rock:p

tricha
13-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Producing gas to Victoria next year, with exploration upside.
Topped up at $1.34
Multi Bagger in the making.

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/2202de5ff83a169f06b0d62a56e0898c/ASX-NXS-379693.pdf

yogi-in-oz
13-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Hi Tricha,

NXS ... positive cycle coming into play 15102007 = more good news ??? ..... :)

have a great weekend

paul

=====

tricha
14-10-2007, 12:31 AM

Hi Tricha,

have a great weekend

paul

=====

Good one Paul, so which shares do you hold at the moment, I take it u held NXS and are back in?

Cheers TR

yogi-in-oz
15-10-2007, 01:14 AM

Hi Tricha,

Actually, funds fully committed right now, so will need to sell something,
in order to buy NXS .....

..... so, will play it by ear on Monday and see what unfolds.

happy days

paul

=====

Dazza
15-10-2007, 10:15 AM
lets hope we get some good news :D

holds both NXS and AZA

yogi-in-oz
16-10-2007, 05:58 PM

Hi Tricha,

have a great weekend

paul

=====

Hi folks,

NXS ... good news comes in, right on time ... :)

happy days

paul

=====

=====

tricha
16-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Happy days all right Yogi, the next Woodside in the making and I do not think they are going to wait to long either.

Taijon
25-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Useful announcement today telling us about upgraded reserves in Crux. Share price responded. A higher SP may make it easier for NXS to try and engage in some kind of takeover with part of it being by way of a share swap.

NXS bought a large chunk of their AZA shares at $1.69 and more recently at around $1.81. So they won't make much if they accept the ARQ/AZA merger proposal unless they see it as an opportunity to get a foothold in the merged entity.

Options for NXS seem to be:
(a) to mount a hostile takeover of AZA at a higher offer - AEL (holding 54% of AZA) may not accept however unless its extremely generous and that might be difficult for NXS to fund
(b) mount a takeover offer for ARQ but the latter seem to be having some problems
(c) accept the merger offer for strategic reasons
(d) try to get the parcel of NXS shares that AZA currently holds by offering up some of the AZA shares they hold
(e) sell their AZA holding for cash, at something better than breakeven

Any other possibilities? Is it time to increase holdings in NXS or should one go for AZA or ARQ?

Option (a) above is the most likely in my view, funded via a mixture of shares and cash. NXS`have stated their aim is to be a big player -are ARQ's assets attractive to NXS?

tricha
11-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Useful announcement today telling us about upgraded reserves in Crux. Share price responded. A higher SP may make it easier for NXS to try and engage in some kind of takeover with part of it being by way of a share swap.

NXS bought a large chunk of their AZA shares at $1.69 and more recently at around $1.81. So they won't make much if they accept the ARQ/AZA merger proposal unless they see it as an opportunity to get a foothold in the merged entity.

Options for NXS seem to be:
(a) to mount a hostile takeover of AZA at a higher offer - AEL (holding 54% of AZA) may not accept however unless its extremely generous and that might be difficult for NXS to fund
(b) mount a takeover offer for ARQ but the latter seem to be having some problems
(c) accept the merger offer for strategic reasons
(d) try to get the parcel of NXS shares that AZA currently holds by offering up some of the AZA shares they hold
(e) sell their AZA holding for cash, at something better than breakeven

Any other possibilities? Is it time to increase holdings in NXS or should one go for AZA or ARQ?

Option (a) above is the most likely in my view, funded via a mixture of shares and cash. NXS`have stated their aim is to be a big player -are ARQ's assets attractive to NXS?

Good question Taijon, I sold my ARQ and bought more NXS, NXS are in the box seat with a good foothold in AZA.
Management wise NXS will blow ARQ out of the water on this one, NXS are on a mission and ARQ better watch out NXS might just eat them.:rolleyes:

It also does not help that Stokes was a duster.:(

Huang Chung
28-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Any of you dudes still holding NXS?

I bought in today (a bit belatedly) on the back of the latest Crux news.

Other than AED, I haven't had much luck with oilers, so I'll be interested to see if NXS improves my batting average.

Tok3n
28-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Been holding for a very long time

Hopefully Crux will be upgraded significantly and onwards to next years really exciting drill program.

MadDoc
28-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Just bought in to Nexus. Already hold ARQ. Want to be on both sides of the table! I like both of there 08 drilling programmes so could be an interesting year!

Tok3n
28-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Keep filling that gap guys :)

AMR
29-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking of buying and holding until 2011, maybe playing the drills.

I've read the Shaw broker report on their website - Does the 2011 forecasted profit include only production from the confirmed reserves?

Taijon
30-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Huang Chung and other new holders

I'm still a happy holder and NXS has so many things on the go at present I'm happy to continue for the ride.

HC its funny you should opt for NXS as your next oiler. I have followed you into PDZ via PDZO. I picked up a few more about the date you sold!!!!

Here's hoping for more good news in 2008 - the SP has taken off over the last few days.

Huang Chung
01-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Huang Chung and other new holders

I'm still a happy holder and NXS has so many things on the go at present I'm happy to continue for the ride.

HC its funny you should opt for NXS as your next oiler. I have followed you into PDZ via PDZO. I picked up a few more about the date you sold!!!!

Here's hoping for more good news in 2008 - the SP has taken off over the last few days.

Tried to pick up a few more NXS yesterday at $1.75, but think I missed out, as it bottomed at $1.755 (unless my broker up the bid, of course...I'll find out tomorrow). Was trying to be a bit too cute by waiting for the price to come to me, which it didn't quite do. :mad:

Hopefully PDZ's delayed resource upgrade should come out in the next couple of weeks. :)

Tok3n
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
This looks really good, who else apart from AED/NWE is drilling in this area this year? anyone know?

cheers

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NXS&E=ASX&N=391475

Nexus Energy Limited (“Nexus”) advises that at 06:00 am (ACST), the Crux-3 appraisal well in
exploration permit AC/P23, in the Browse Basin, had reached a total depth of 3,998 metres true
vertical depth (“TVD”) and wireline logging operations were underway.
Wireline logs recorded to date indicate that the well has intersected approximately 150 metres of
high quality net pay over a gross vertical gas column of 300 metres. As announced previously,
the majority of this pay is at the main reservoir level where 134 metres of net pay were
intersected. Age dating has indicated that the overlying 13 metre thick gas sand is in the Montara
Formation.
The confirmation of this younger gas charged reservoir indicates that the Crux field contains four
distinct reservoir sections consisting of Montara Formation, Plover Formation and Nome
Formation “A” and “B” sands.
The pressure data from Crux-3 and the other Crux wells confirm that the gas sands in each of the
formations are in pressure communication across the field and form part of a single accumulation.
The forward plan is to complete the wireline logging and then conduct a production test. The
information gathered from the production test will be used in the detailed design of the production
facilities for the Crux liquids project.
The Crux-3 well is the first of three wells to be drilled in the greater Crux area over the next three
months. Two of the three wells, including the Crux-3 well, will be drilled in AC/P23 on the Crux
field. A third well will be drilled in the adjoining AC/P41 exploration permit to test the Libra
exploration prospect, in which Nexus holds a 50% interest.
Nexus’ managing director, Ian Tchacos said “The results continue to be very encouraging. The
confirmation of a fourth reservoir section is expected to have very positive implications for the
potential size of the Crux accumulation and the exploration prospectivity of the greater Crux area
including the adjoining AC/P41 permit. The fact that all the reservoir sands encountered to date
are in pressure communication with each other simplifies the development plan for the Crux
liquids project. I look forward to reporting on the outcome of the production test when that
information is available.”

Huang Chung
03-01-2008, 04:04 PM
'The fact that all the reservoir sands encountered to date
are in pressure communication with each other simplifies the development plan for the Crux liquids project.'

I'm assuming that 'simplifies' can be read as 'reduces the cost'......

All in all, seems like Crux 3 results so far must be all that NXS expected, and then some! :)

Huang Chung
04-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Bell Potter report added to the NXS website. Of course, the latest positive drilling reports coming from the Crux 3 well would not have been available at the time the report was prepared.

http://www.nxs.com.au/assets/97/Files/NXS_20071126.pdf

Cross fingers, the flow testing well go well.

Thx to UNV7 over at SS for the alert.

Tok3n
15-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Pity about the restrictive testing equipment they had to use, but loads more drilling to come.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23052237-5005200,00.html

A PRODUCTION test of Nexus's Crux-3 appraisal well in the Timor Sea has flowed at a substantial 50 million cubic feet a day through a one-inch choke.

The gas flow was accompanied by condensate at a rate of about 2000 barrels a day.

The test was in the Montara formation, over a 13-metre intersection from 3595m to 3608m, one of four gas-bearing sands intersected by Crux-3.

Nexus, the 85 per cent owner, is appraising the Crux reservoir, which lies in 190m of water approximately 700km from Darwin and 600km from Broome with the aim of developing an export condensate project.

This is being designed to hand about 900 million cubic feet of gas a day producing more than 29,000 barrels of condensate a day. A development decision on Crux is expected within months and first production slated for 2010.

Nexus managing director Ian Tchacos said yesterday that Crux-3 was the second production/injection well drilled in the company's Crux liquids project.

"The identification of the younger Montara sands in the well, and proof of their excellent productivity, has provided Nexus with further exploration and appraisal potential in the Crux permit and the surrounding AC/P41 permit," he said.

The Montara formation is in pressure communication with the main Crux reservoirs, which were tested in the first appraisal well.

Crux-3 is the first of three wells to be drilled in the greater Crux area during the next three months. Crux-4 will be spudded next week and Libra-1 will be drilled in AC/P41 in which Nexus has a 50 per cent interest.

Meanwhile, ARC Energy said yesterday it had had no contact with Nexus relating to the latter's plans concerning the friendly takeover of Anzon Australia.

Anzon and ARC shareholders will vote on January 29 on a proposed merger that would create a mid-tier exploration andproduction company with a market cap around $1billion.

Huang Chung
15-01-2008, 09:22 PM
A good outcome that the market is ignoring, presumably to focus on the POSSIBILITY that NXS may bid for AZA.

IMHO, this is another example of the market throwing the baby out with the bath water (like MSF).

COLIN
19-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Seems an encouraging upgrade? I know very little about this baby and am eager to learn. Huang Cheng, you seem to be the resident expert - what are your latest views?

tricha
19-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Seems an encouraging upgrade? I know very little about this baby and am eager to learn. Huang Cheng, you seem to be the resident expert - what are your latest views?

Well Huang, what do u reckon, the real deal McCoy of Oilers? Surely there must be some more take overs coming in oil sector and Nexus must be a prime candidate at this bargin basement price.

19 March 2008
The Manager, Companies
Australian Stock Exchange

Substantial Increase in Crux Field Reserves

•12.5% increase to P(50) estimates

22% increase to P(90) estimates

Near field drilling could increase volumes further
Please refer to the attached announcement.
Yours sincerely
Susan Robutti
Company Secretary
Nexus Energy Limited ABN 64 058 818 278 ● 134-140 Little Lonsdale Street Melbourne Victoria 3000 Phone: +613 9660 2500 Fax: +613 9654 9303 Website: www.nexusenergy.com.au NEXUS ENERGY LTD ASX CODE: NXS DATE: 19 MARCH 2008

Substantial Increase in Crux Field Reserves

•12.5% increase to P(50) estimates

22% increase to P(90) estimates
•Near field drilling could increase volumes further

Hydrocarbon reserves in Nexus Energy Limited’s ("Nexus") Crux field in the Browse basin have been increased substantially following the highly successful drilling of the Crux-3 and Crux-4 appraisal wells.
Reserves in the Crux field, in exploration permit AC/P23, off the north west coast of Western Australia, have been increased as follows:

•The Proved plus Probable plus Possible estimate (P10) reserves for the Crux field has increased from 78.3 million barrels (MMstb) to 83.1 MMstb, an increase of 6.1%.

•The Proved plus Probable estimate (P50) reserves for the Crux field has increased by 12.5% from 66.3 million barrels to 74.6 MMstb.

•The Proved reserves estimate (P90) for the Crux field has increased from 54.9 MMstb of condensate liquids to 67.0 MMstb, an increase of 22%.

The Crux development area includes that part of the Crux field defined by the existing appraisal wells within AC/P23. It is this area that Nexus and its partner Osaka Gas, plan to develop via the Crux liquids project (the red shaded area in the map below).
The table below details the increase in reserves from the previous Nexus estimate announced in October 2007 prior to the drilling of the Crux-3 and Crux-4 wells. Both wells were retained as future Crux liquids project development wells.

CRUX FIELD (100%) LIQUIDS VOLUME
Nexus Share 85%

Confidence Level

Proved
P90

Proved plus Probable
P50

Proved plus Probable plus Possible
P10

Condensate Reserve MMstb @ 25 October 2007

Condensate Reserve MMstb @ 19 March 2008

PAGE 1 OF 3 NEXUS ENERGY LTD ASX CODE: NXS DATE: 19 MARCH 2008

These revised volumes are the result of an internal review by Nexus and have not yet been certified by an external independent expert. A review of the updated volumes by independent expert, Gaffney Cline and Associates is currently underway. This is expected to be available in early April 2008.
The significant increase in the proved reserves estimate (P90) substantially boosts the commercial value of the Crux liquids project and enhances Nexus’ ability to procure project finance on attractive terms.
Both the Crux-3 and Crux-4 wells intersected previously unseen younger Montara Formation gas-charged sand overlying the older Plover and Nome Formation sands which had been seen in the earlier Crux-1, Crux-2 and Crux-2 ST-1 wells. The Crux-4 well successfully appraised the previously undrilled south east horst block in the field.

Crux-3Crux-1Crux-2Crux-2ST1Crux-4Gas Water Contact

Crux well correlation

The results from these wells have been incorporated into an updated top reservoir map which now highlights the potential for the Libra and Auriga prospects to form part of a much larger Crux accumulation. This will be tested by the upcoming Libra-1 well to be drilled in exploration permit AC/P41, scheduled to start drilling in May 2008. Nexus will provide a further update on the Crux area resources after the Libra-1 well is drilled.

Libra StructureOctans HorstAuriga StructureCrux HorstSE HorstCrux-4Top Reservoir DepthCaelum StructureSextans Structure

Updated Top Reservoir map of Crux Field with Development Area within AC/P23 shown in red
PAGE 2 OF 3 NEXUS ENERGY LTD ASX CODE: NXS DATE: 19 MARCH 2008 PAGE 3 OF 3

Nexus managing director, Ian Tchacos said, "The increase in reserves following the successful Crux-3 and Crux-4 wells is a significant boost for the Crux liquids project."
"It also provides a very positive outlook for the near field exploration program planned for the AC/P23 and AC/P41 permits. Success in drilling within AC/P41 has the potential to define a LNG project scale gas resource at Crux as well as additional liquids reserves which could be incorporated into the Crux liquids project."
"At a time of record oil prices and growing international interest in Australia’s potential as a major global LNG supplier the growth in Nexus’ reserves is very pleasing," Mr Tchacos said.
"Nexus already controls a very substantial reserves base for a company of its market capitalisation."
"This latest increase in Crux reserves also validates the Nexus board’s decision last year to book Crux field reserves, based on the board’s view that the project would be taken to the development stage this year."
"Nexus is looking forward to further drilling in AC/P23 with our joint venture partner, Osaka Gas, and the imminent start of a drilling campaign in AC/P41 with our 50/50 partner, Shell."1

Participants:

Exploration Permit AC/P23

Nexus Energy WA Pty Ltd (85%)
Osaka Gas Crux Pty Ltd (15%)

Exploration Permit AC/P41

Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd (50%)
Nexus Energy AC/P41 Pty Ltd (50%)

For further information please contact: Ian Tchacos David Griffiths Managing Director Gryphon Management Australia Phone: 03 9660 2500 Phone: 08 9382 8300 Fax: 03 9654 9303 Mobile: 0419 912 496 Website: www.nexusenergy.com.au Website: www.gryphon.net.au

Or
Ian Howarth
Farrington National
Phone: 03 9223 2465
Mobile: 0407 822 319
Email: ian.howarth@farrington.com.au

The information contained in this Reserves Upgrade has been compiled by Graham Bunn, Chief Petroleum Engineer. Mr Bunn’s qualifications include a degree in physics from the Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, and more than 28 years of relevant experience. Graham Bunn has consented in writing to the inclusion of this information in this report.

Huang Chung
19-03-2008, 07:41 PM

Sorry Colin, I'm not an expert in any sector, ESPECIALLY oil and gas.....I'll defer to Shrewd Crude and Bermuda in respect of oilers any day.

I haven't been actively following NXS for a wee while. Sharescene has a particularly active thread on NXS, so I'm sure you'll get a better opinion there.

AMR
14-08-2008, 09:31 PM
A BUMP for AA...I agree it seems like a reversal, but it's current sitting just on resistance so I'm just waiting for some clarity.

shasta
02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
A BUMP for AA...I agree it seems like a reversal, but it's current sitting just on resistance so I'm just waiting for some clarity.

NXS presentation from the "Good Oil Conference"

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NXS&E=ASX&N=419594

shasta
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
NXS presentation from the "Good Oil Conference"

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NXS&E=ASX&N=419594

NXS currently down 30c to just 79c, WTF? :confused:

The market didn't drop 27% in a day did it?

NXS are due to receive the cash from the ROC/AZA takeover...

Again what a big stupid grizzly bear we are up against :rolleyes:

AMR
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Their farm-in partner backed out on a previously negotiated deal.

Would NXS have to book a loss on the AZA shares?

shasta
08-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Their farm-in partner backed out on a previously negotiated deal.

Would NXS have to book a loss on the AZA shares?

That would explain it, though no ann as yet?

Not sure re the shares, i believe there was a gentlemen's agreement between NXS & AZA to sell out of each other & let ROC do it's thing...

Am still trying to work out the best O&G company (looking for just one)

The large drop made me look at NXS, but naw

NZO, BPT or OEL (when up & running) seem to be all i like

shasta
11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
That would explain it, though no ann as yet?

Not sure re the shares, i believe there was a gentlemen's agreement between NXS & AZA to sell out of each other & let ROC do it's thing...

Am still trying to work out the best O&G company (looking for just one)

The large drop made me look at NXS, but naw

NZO, BPT or OEL (when up & running) seem to be all i like

NXS - Investor Presentation :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=NXS&E=ASX&N=429002

Junior80
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
HI all,

I see this thread has not been visited for a while. This stock was placed in TH and suspension for over a couple of months. Since coming out, it went on for a big drop but was ?way oversold.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327/yknot80/nxs_ax09dec08_to_19jun09.png

They have also sold 50% of their Longtom project to AED Oil.
http://imagesignal.comsec.com.au/asxdata/20090528/pdf/00956613.pdf

Very heavy trading in the last few days especially yesterday and today. There was talk on HC that it is a takeover target. I personally do not believe it as HC is known for rampers. I got a small parcel today, but would like to think what other posters think of this stock. A good close today.

Junior80
12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Opened up again today. 41c at the moment of posting. I hold, albeit small parcel. Wished I had bought more.

Junior80
15-06-2009, 06:07 PM
That's 4 positive trading days in a row, up nearly 6% today on a -ve day in the market generally. Director just bought 250k of shares, that's always a good sign.

With the Longtom project projected to be up and running by July, I think there is more rise left on this stock. Slow stochastics are showing that it's starting to be overbought, and maybe profit takers will come in and do their thing. If it holds up pretty well, then I think it might hit around 60c by the end of the month in anticipation of production.

I hold, but small volume.

Crypto Crude
05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
NXS would have to be one of the most undervalued oil and gas stocks in the entire ASX oil and gas sector...
The net present value of the CRUX project is over one billion dollars alone...
I have actually seen cashflow predictions which suggest dollars per share of potential...
NXS finance risk is reduced with the AED deal...

this is a buy...
and most importantly a long term buy if NXS retains exposure to the mammoth Crux project...
Dollar'S per share in the making...
good luck all...
got to be patient...
:cool:
.^sc

Crypto Crude
05-07-2009, 02:03 PM
NXS currently trading at 33cents...
.^sc

shasta
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
NXS currently trading at 33cents...
.^sc

Shrewd

There was an article in The Australian recently about companies with large gas projects off the WA coast.

Basically it said, if the permits aren't developed soon they would lose them, so the companies wouldn't strand the gas waiting for better prices

Do you know if the Crux field would come under this determination?

I've read the NXS presentation a few times & selling down the 50% of Longtom was a smart move to preserve the upside from Crux.

Is 2012 scheduled production quick enough?

BTW, the 2021 ownership transfer to Shell should get them moving!

trackers
06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
All is not well... After being gobsmacked with Friday's close and doing some extensive research on Sat I planned to buy on open this morning.

Thankfully some heads up happened on the HC board suggesting massive delays to the Longtom project, which has been proven this morning:

Longtom gas project
construction interruption

Nexus Energy Limited (“Nexus”) advises that the offshore construction work for the Longtom
gas project (VIC/L29) in the Gippsland Basin, offshore Victoria, has been interrupted. The
delays are the result of the demobilisation of a diving support vessel due to a contractual
dispute in relation to its ongoing charter. Nexus is in the process of securing an alternative
diving support and installation vessel, and the offshore installation work is anticipated to re-
commence in approximately three weeks.

The subsea gas pipeline to connect Longtom production wells to Santos Ltd’s (“Santos”)
Patricia Baleen offshore pipeline and the Longtom control umbilical have been laid on the
seabed. The remaining offshore works involve predominantly diving operations to hook-up the
installed equipment.

Nexus continues to work with Santos to align a first gas date and anticipates being ready to
supply gas during calendar Q3 2009. This delay will not impact the conditional sale of a 50%
interest in the Longtom gas project to AED Oil Limited other than a commensurate change in
the anticipated completion date of the transaction. Nexus will provide further information in
relation to the revised first gas date once a revised project completion and commissioning
schedule has been completed.
Not great... Massively oversold at 31c though and still considering an entry. One of my major concerns would be the level of insider trading, wow people must have known about this for some time as there has been a huge dumping going on.....

Crypto Crude
06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
shasta-Do you know if the Crux field would come under this determination?

I've read the NXS presentation a few times & selling down the 50% of Longtom was a smart move to preserve the upside from Crux.

Is 2012 scheduled production quick enough?

hey hey hey shasta-
I remember that article... all companies with Western Australian permits, assets, will be impacted and especially those companies who only provide the minimum work commitment .. NXS will be fine because it is looking more likely that a stake in the Crux field will be farmed out, with investment decision late this year... and then development beginning early next year...
is it quick enough?
two years development stage is very quick... delays are very possible...
highly likely on current guidance....
with a market cap of 230million (guess off the top)...
P50 (NXS's stake) is 63.9million barrels of Liquids...
that is very big...
P50 is different to 2P though...
Field is worth over one dollar to the company...
so the question is...
is a few baggers for a few years worth it?
This will take time...

trackers-
All is not well... After being gobsmacked with Friday's close and doing some extensive research on Sat I planned to buy on open this morning.

Thankfully some heads up happened on the HC board suggesting massive delays to the Longtom project, which has been proven this morning:

Not great... Massively oversold at 31c though and still considering an entry. One of my major concerns would be the level of insider trading, wow people must have known about this for some time as there has been a huge dumping going on.....

just a hey for you trackers:p....
NXS has the same assets as it did yesterday...
in 2007 NXS sold a 15% stake in the Crux project for 75million dollars valuing the project at $500mill....
todays announcement of a delay of Longtom only sets it back another 6 weeks or so...
its not such a big deal is it?
delays are apart of this industry...
market reacted accordingly,
share price down 1c on a down day, and currently sits at 32.5c...
.^sc

Oiler
06-07-2009, 06:19 PM
hey hey hey shasta-
I remember that article... all companies with Western Australian permits, assets, will be impacted and especially those companies who only provide the minimum work commitment .. NXS will be fine because it is looking more likely that a stake in the Crux field will be farmed out, with investment decision late this year... and then development beginning early next year...
is it quick enough?
two years development stage is very quick... delays are very possible...
highly likely on current guidance....
with a market cap of 230million (guess off the top)...
P50 (NXS's stake) is 63.9million barrels of Liquids...
that is very big...
P50 is different to 2P though...
Field is worth over one dollar to the company...
so the question is...
is a few baggers for a few years worth it?
This will take time...

just a hey for you trackers:p....
NXS has the same assets as it did yesterday...
in 2007 NXS sold a 15% stake in the Crux project for 75million dollars valuing the project at $500mill....
todays announcement of a delay of Longtom only sets it back another 6 weeks or so...
its not such a big deal is it?
delays are apart of this industry...
market reacted accordingly,
share price down 1c on a down day, and currently sits at 32.5c...
.^sc

I agree SC.... delays are part of the O&G industry. The underlying asset is still there so if you have medium to long term view then why sell??

I see this dip as an opportunity to add to my holdings and will be buying if the price goes any lower.

NXS is definitely an under appreciated company in todays market.

trackers
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm in @ 33.5c... Didn't manage to get any at 31c but still very happy :)

Plan at this stage is to bottom draw them for 6 weeks or so, quite excited about NXS' long-term prospects

Crypto Crude
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
6 weeks is a good idea trackers...
should be some news about Crux...
NXS will need to farmout a further 35-45%...
they got 75million dollars for 15% of the project...
hummm....
technically it is possible that NXS could be supporting a 100% cash backing per share... Longtom, and a decent stake in CRUX...
NXS management might be of concern down the line, they have made a few mistakes in turbulant market times, and have since been cutting staff...
I am going to buy this later this year as long as CUE performs...
good luck... catch you up...
.^sc

Corporate
09-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Anyone got any idea how much Longtom will bring in per annum?

NXS seems cheap. Fully fund for the next year. Longtom about to come on stream...

100% of longtom worth $300m which is greater than current market cap.

shasta
09-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Anyone got any idea how much Longtom will bring in per annum?

NXS seems cheap. Fully fund for the next year. Longtom about to come on stream...

100% of longtom worth $300m which is greater than current market cap.

NXS only have 50% of Longtom now.

Gas reserves are 175BCF (net to NXS)

Oil reserves are 2.6mmbo (net to NXS)

From the recent Bell Potter valuation the DCF shows Longtom as worth 20cps (based on 50%)

Of course what really matters is:

1. What are the flow rates

2. What is there marginal cost/profit margin

Basically everything else is irrelevant IMO

I agree NXS looks a good prospect long term, it's the CRUX project that is the jewel in there crown

Crypto Crude
16-08-2009, 04:18 PM
another strike for Fundamental analysis...
As I said NXS has to be one of the most undervalued oilers on the ASX market...
and CUE is right up there too...
NXS, dollars per share in the making...
good to see SP rising...
you still in Trackers?
.^sc

Oiler
16-08-2009, 05:08 PM
another strike for Fundamental analysis...
As I said NXS has to be one of the most undervalued oilers on the ASX market...
and CUE is right up there too...
NXS, dollars per share in the making...
good to see SP rising...
you still in Trackers?
.^sc

Shrewdy I have to agree with you from an FA viewpoint, NXS,CUE,HZN are all medium to long term holds. ;);)

I am casting an eye over AZZ given an upcoming SPP.

I generally dont buy into junior OZ companies doing business in TX,LA, etc. Opportunities ? YES but there are too many sharks in the small oil business. I have had direct investments in oil well syndicates operating in CA and TX. :eek::eek::eek:

Keep up the good work SC :D

AMR
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
NXS capital raising announced today...I'm in.

Dr_Who
02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
NXS capital raising announced today...I'm in.

Isnt there a further rights issue at 22 cents? There maybe further weakness in the sp?

I am also keen to get some but there maybe further weakness in the sp.

AMR
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes quite dilutive, 3.75 for 1 at 22c. However there is a band of support at the 31c mark which I don't think will be penetrated.

snowball
02-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Big fall in NXS today as 39.5c pre-TH after 96.8m placement at 32c gives theoretical 38.5c - but sp dropped another 3.5c to 35 (can't all be attributable to yesterday's fall in poo). In fact when you add in that the placement shares have a rights entitlement at 22c the real issue price is 30c. I calculate the theoretical ex price at 35c after the right issue - which, incidentally has a record date of 17/9 thus should go ex on 14/9. I wonder whether this has been lost on the market or whether we are to suffer another 3.5c fall to AMR's 31c on going ex issue??? ...time will tell...

The other aspect from today's presentation is whether AED will complete on their 50% of Longtom. If not, NXS will presumably have to pay back $35m hence the quantum of the rights issue in excess of funding the advised $15m Longtom delay capex.

Also, the announcement gives an insight into what AED is buying. The original announcement indicated $30m annual cash flow (by AED). Today's announcement indicates $35m (half of $70m net cash flow p.a.) over a life of 10 yrs. At $155m up-front, my calc tells me that is an IRR between 14.2% and 18.4% p.a. and an NPV between $27m and $55m at a 10% disc rate - reducing to -$4m and +$18m respectively at a 15% disc rate (although this return will be enhanced by AED's indicated $100m - $120m debt funding - assuming a lower cost applicable to the debt finance). AED may take the delay as an opportunity to exit but given the relatively short (assume 1-2 mths) completion delay one would assume this would be either a complete reversal of strategy or AED are not happy with their previous calc or assumptions - but unlikely (unless the poo falls further but s/be making l-t pricing assumptions).

Hopefully the 2 new shareholder/directors will give management and the board a big push. Time is being eaten away over the optionality of Crux and then there is the Longtom claim that will take time and money to resolve. There is considerable value sitting in NXS. If AED pull out it will complicate further before there can be a decent upward shift in sp to complement the latent value.

Agree with AMR's view of a 31c base to the sp (assuming the poo holds up). Buying shares on-market at 35c now gives an ex rights take up cost of 32.25c. Hard to see much downside risk and expect the market has incorrectly factored in the rights dilution already. Could be good buying...

Dr_Who
03-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Snowball, nice analysis, thank you.

I am keen to pick up some NXS. Will wait and time the entry.

snowball
17-09-2009, 06:22 PM
AMR's 31c base has held going ex rights yesterday with trading down to 31.5c yesterday and a 34c close and a 33.5c close today.

Corresponds to 36c - 36.5c pre entitlements price.

Given AED have pulled out of Longtom (suspect my IRR calc was about right and AED decided they wanted greater upside potential for their money), will NXS do an SPP next - having done SPPs in 2007 & 2008.

A follow-on SPP would make a lot of sense now since AED pulled out after the rights issue was announced.

Are you in there yet Doc???

Crypto Crude
13-10-2009, 08:06 PM
recently I had some spare funds and it was a toss up between NGE and NXS for a long term play...
I really like this company,
think it will prove to be a winner down the line...
esp for the fact that this junior holds proven assets far greater than what a junior oiler is suppost to hold...
disc way too cheap on a long term basis...
100% return P.A ON ave
.^sc

snowball
14-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Agree SC. This is undervalued and has 3 good assets in different stages and now running off cash from Longtom. NXS has bought time thru the difficult 1H09 period and now has 2 new significant shareholders/directors.

Can't see this sitting still much longer despite the poo, +/-. Was excellent buying at 29c last week a matter of days before the cap raising close. This approximates the 31c low pre-cap raising. Can't see this being repeated too soon.

I took up full rights and will patiently continue to hold. Would have bght more but have enough and too many other cap raisings siphoning cash. If anything believe now the cap raising has closed this will gain legs and should get to 45 - 50c (i.e. +50%) within a short time.

Right now a good trading opportunity and expect will see plenty of sellers slowing it down around the 40c mark before edging higher. Happy to stay for the medium-long term in this one (and my other major oiler, ROC).

Crypto Crude
17-10-2009, 08:22 PM
NXS up 9.5% friday...
thats a good start...
.^sc

AMR
17-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Very nice announcement. This would significantly de-risk the company...would they still be looking at doing a share placement?

snowball
18-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Very nice announcement. This would significantly de-risk the company...would they still be looking at doing a share placement?

AMR, my thinking was that NXS could do a SPP after closure of the rights issue.
NXS has done SPPs in the previous 2 years and a further 12 mths+ has passed since the last one.
Also, the rights issue was announced before AED pulled out of Longtom - but NXS could have known or suspected AED could pull out.
Diff this time is that 2 new significant s/hrs now and on board of directors and could scuttle any SPP plans to avoid dilution.
Nevertheless an SPP at this time would seem sensible.

AMR
14-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Longtom now complete....and after bouncing off the base at 30c it seems this swing upwards is on very heavy volume.

Overhead resistance at 41c (200 day EMA) and resistance from prior highs at the 40s.

tricha
29-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Longtom now complete....and after bouncing off the base at 30c it seems this swing upwards is on very heavy volume.

Overhead resistance at 41c (200 day EMA) and resistance from prior highs at the 40s.

63% increase in reserves and she goes down, is this company still a buy or is is like Otto, full of empty promises.

I have been looking at buying a few, but OEL leaves a sour taste.

Nexus Energy Limited ASX : NXS
19 November 2009 Page 1 of 2

Nexus Energy Limited ABN 64 058 818 278 ● Level 8, 28 Freshwater Place, Southbank Victoria 3006
Phone: +613 9660 2500 ● Fax: +613 9654 9303 ● Website: www.nexusenergy.com.au

Longtom Reserves update

Nexus Energy Limited (“Nexus”) has completed its Longtom field reserve review incorporating
results from the Longtom-4 and Garfish wells which were drilled in the production licence
VIC/L29 located in the Gippsland Basin offshore Victoria (Nexus 100%). The Longtom field
Reserves and Contingent Resources have been audited by Gaffney, Cline and Associates
(“GCA”).
Based on the GCA review the Proved Reserves (1P) for the Longtom field have been increased
by 63%. The Reserves increase is the result of higher gas-in-place estimates following
re-mapping of the reservoirs, the incorporation of improved reservoir properties encountered in
some sands in the Longtom-4 development well and improved recovery based on Nexus’ plans
to drill a third development well on the field. The timing of the third well will be dependent on
field performance.
A summary of movements to the Longtom field Reserves is shown in the following table. For
the Proved plus Probable (2P) case the gas volume has been limited to the contracted quantity
of 350 PJ. The additional gas volumes have been assigned to the Contingent Resources
category until such time as a firm sales contract for the additional volumes is secured.

Summary of movements in the Longtom field Gas Reserves
Sales Gas (PJ) Proved (1P) Proved +
Probable (2P)
1 October 2009 282 350

26 April 2007 173 350
Change +63% 0%
In addition to the field Reserves, GCA has provided a summary of the Contingent Resources
for the Longtom field of up to 71 PJ (refer to table in appendix for full details).

Susan Robutti For further information please contact:

Company Secretary Ian Tchacos - Managing Director

Ph: +61 3 9660 2500

Jodie Phillips - Investor Relations Manager

Ph: + 61 3 9660 2500

Crypto Crude
30-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Tricha-> good to see you back..

nxs,
great long term assets with big oil assets...

.^sc

STRAT
30-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Overhead resistance at 41c (200 day EMA) and resistance from prior highs at the 40s.Hi AMR
are you swing trading this? other than that it seems like a big bunch of sidways to me

AMR
30-11-2009, 05:44 PM
STRAT,

Erm......I think the fundamentals are great.

STRAT
01-12-2009, 12:03 AM
STRAT,

Erm......I think the fundamentals are great.Ya what?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Youve been seduced by the dark side:D

snowball
21-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Hopefully the 2 new shareholder/directors will give management and the board a big push.

Well, has finally happened. MD Ian Tchacos moving on - announced 4.35pm today.

Obviously this is the work of the 2 new directors who want to move forward at a faster than pedestrian pace and without the management hiccups seen in the recent past.

No new appointment yet and will likely contribute to prolonged s-t weakness but should be positive in near term.

whatsup
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM
What on earth has happened , down to .26!!!

Corporate
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
What on earth has happened , down to .26!!!

finished up at 23.5c!

trackers
18-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm in at 24c

Corporate
21-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm in at 24c

Interesting buy trackers. Do you think NXS will turn it around this year? What are you reasons for buying? Crux farmout?

trackers
21-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Interesting buy trackers. Do you think NXS will turn it around this year? What are you reasons for buying? Crux farmout?

Rising oil price is good.

Steady incomings from Longtom. 63% increase in longtom P1 reserves meaning that any future sale of part of the project (sell down debt, provide funds for Crux) will achieve a much better value than late 2009 before the project got off the ground.

12 years before Crux gets handed back to Shell, estimated time to extract all the liquids: 7 years.

Hunt ongoing for a CEO that can come on board and get the job done - In addition, new directors added to the board that can work deals.

NXS has 100% of 350+PJ of gas in longtom, and 85% of 75million boe in Crux, and has a current market cap of ~170million. There's almost a billion dollars worth of assets there, and thats excluding their other acreage.

They've got a long way to go management wise, but this is an amazing value play (IMO!)

Corporate
21-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Rising oil price is good.

Steady incomings from Longtom. 63% increase in longtom P1 reserves meaning that any future sale of part of the project (sell down debt, provide funds for Crux) will achieve a much better value than late 2009 before the project got off the ground.

12 years before Crux gets handed back to Shell, estimated time to extract all the liquids: 7 years.

Hunt ongoing for a CEO that can come on board and get the job done - In addition, new directors added to the board that can work deals.

NXS has 100% of 350+PJ of gas in longtom, and 85% of 75million boe in Crux, and has a current market cap of ~170million. There's almost a billion dollars worth of assets there, and thats excluding their other acreage.

They've got a long way to go management wise, but this is an amazing value play (IMO!)

Thanks trackers, you make some good points. I do wonder why, they haven't been able to farm Crux out yet.....?

Where do you get a market cap of $170m from? I get $230mm (directbroking.co.nz)

trackers
21-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks trackers, you make some good points. I do wonder why, they haven't been able to farm Crux out yet.....?

Where do you get a market cap of $170m from? I get $230mm (directbroking.co.nz)

right you are, I was going by old figures of number of shares on issue (pre-Nov rights issue).

Failure to farm out crux seems to be based on the fixed time allowed to extract the liquids, and I guess the huge pre capex needed - 600 mil odd total. The key for me is getting a partner in place, and getting this thing underway. NXS will rerate strongly when this occurs, even if the project is not on as favorable terms as they could be.

Corporate
25-02-2010, 06:44 PM
new low for the year for NXS. This stock is really hated.

Needs a CEO and needs to get on with farming out crux.

Market cap now $220m

trackers
19-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I did say NXS would appoint a world class CEO to get things moving, and so they have. Richard Cottie (Sunshine Gas) appointed as MD.

watch this space...NXS has loads of potential and this guy could be the one to unlock it (though these things take time) - No wonder directors buying at mid 20's over the last month.....

Oiler
19-04-2010, 09:17 PM
You were right Trackers although not a very well kept secret :)

Bermuda even looked surprised when I told him this was going to happen. Interesting presentations coming out of the Excellence in Oil and Gas.

Watch the Shale Gas story in OZ

trackers
20-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Bermuda even looked surprised when I told him this was going to happen. Interesting presentations coming out of the Excellence in Oil and Gas.

Ahh wish I was there, hope you guys are enjoying yourselves :)

p.s where was the heads up?? Just kidding..

kura
20-04-2010, 02:38 PM

Getting away from NXS a bit, but I was reading the AWE presentation on shale in Perth basin.
Over the last few years it has changed the gas market in US (previously net importer, now exporter)
If europe gets it act together, (Poland especially) and adopts this shale technology, then it could cause a few sleepless nights for the likes of our friendly Gazprom executives.

I just wonder if there ends up a glut in the market, as everyone jumps on the shale bandwagon. Having said that there would have to be seroius gains to be made for some enterprising company that took a big acerage position in europe.

shasta
20-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Oiler

What are your thoughts on this announcement in light of your earlier post?

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BPT&E=ASX&N=177737

Corporate
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
trackers, are you still in NXS?

Look at the quarterly cashflow very carefully!

trackers
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi Corporate,

I sold too early. at just under 30c.. Thought it was going too far without any really good news (turns out this was insiders that knew about Cottee in advance). I still really like the company and believe it will fly as a plan for Crux emerges, under this new (and exciting!) leadership...

I saw your thoughts on the cash situation, and I agree... Doesn't look good! I wonder if some of the Longtom expense was initial stuff that will fade away, I guess we will see... I wouldn't want to be a holder right now though, if Longtom gets shutdown for 2 months this will be very bad news indeed... Interesting times.

Corporate
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Corporate,

I sold too early. at just under 30c.. Thought it was going too far without any really good news (turns out this was insiders that knew about Cottee in advance). I still really like the company and believe it will fly as a plan for Crux emerges, under this new (and exciting!) leadership...

I saw your thoughts on the cash situation, and I agree... Doesn't look good! I wonder if some of the Longtom expense was initial stuff that will fade away, I guess we will see... I wouldn't want to be a holder right now though, if Longtom gets shutdown for 2 months this will be very bad news indeed... Interesting times.

Good to hear you are out mate. I think there is a higher probably that the administrators get called in, than Crux getting farmed out. The cash position is dire, only made worse by Long-tom shutin.

20c in the near future.

trackers
01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Nexus beginning to look interesting... Double bottom and other indicators turning upwards. News on the way re Crux? Disc: Not holding

http://iforce.co.nz/i/3odtymso.bmp

Corporate
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
hey trackers, what charting software are you using?

trackers
03-06-2010, 01:45 PM
hey trackers, what charting software are you using?

Hey Corporate, I'm giving Metastock a nudge.. Its fairly awesome (but expensive)

trackers
30-07-2010, 02:59 PM
A trendline break of 0.25 on 13July should really have been a strong buy signal for NXS, things have been looking up since Richard Cottee came on board as MD.

Really interesting divergence between accum/distr and price action (less so with the recent push through 30c, but still there). I suspect the quarterly will look terrible with longtom producing for none of it, so could be a buying opportunity there.

trackers
03-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Wish I'd bought at 0.25, or again at 0.30 when I reconsidered. NXS now at 0.38 and in a trading halt which is expected to reveal a takeover bid by Shell at 0.50....................

Crypto Crude
11-08-2010, 03:06 AM
NZO should have made a play on Nexus years ago...

CRUX is really a superstar project...
We know its good, but we just dont know the timescales and just when the market would start to factor this future producer into the market cap...
it is a waiting game...
The returns were never going to be a risk, it was always going to be a risk of time...
Time that had turned the market off the stock in market turmoils...

Yes, perhaps it is time that someone snaffle this company up before its really gets out of the bag...
.^sc

Corporate
11-08-2010, 06:36 AM
NZO should have made a play on Nexus years ago...

CRUX is really a superstar project...
We know its good, but we just dont know the timescales and just when the market would start to factor this future producer into the market cap...
it is a waiting game...
The returns were never going to be a risk, it was always going to be a risk of time...
Time that had turned the market off the stock in market turmoils...

Yes, perhaps it is time that someone snaffle this company up before its really gets out of the bag...
.^sc

It's still a pretty expensive company SC. Market cap over $350m + debt of $300m. Time is also running out to get the crux project underway and then NXS have to wait until Shell are prepared to develop it as a gas project.

Buying NXS is banking on a Shell take over IMO.

trackers
11-08-2010, 08:09 AM
It's still a pretty expensive company SC. Market cap over $350m + debt of $300m. Time is also running out to get the crux project underway and then NXS have to wait until Shell are prepared to develop it as a gas project.

Buying NXS is banking on a Shell take over IMO.

Pretty sure old Cottee will swing something decent for shareholders... Still marvelling at its rise from late 20's to late 30's on rumours of a takeover which proved to be unfounded... Then after clarification of this by the coy the sp just stayed there! Amazing

Crypto Crude
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
In May 2008 Mitsui and CO were near to offering $250 Million US dollars for 25% of Crux...
2007 Nexus sold 15% of Crux to Osaka energy for 75 Million (for a steal)...
so NXS have 85% of 75 million barrels, with considerable upside...

Value is in the eyes of the beholder...
producable value of Crux is worth multi billions to Nexus...

for a 350ish million market cap, with a path to billions...

humm...
interesting times ahead...
.^sc

yogi-in-oz
30-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Hi folks,

Looking at mercury (the messenger) ..... from our
astroanalysis, we will be alert for some significant
news from the messenger and NXS, on 14-15 October 2010 ... :)

have a great day

paul

====

trackers
22-09-2011, 01:42 PM
ooooouuuucccchhh, NXS down 35% on news Richard Cottee has resigned.

Don't hold but its tempting. SP 16.5c or $218mil

Xerof
22-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Trackers, more to the point, if he can move a share price 35%...........

where's he going to?

:p:p

Corporate
22-09-2011, 02:21 PM
NXS still has way to much debt for my liking. RC is a massive loss for them. There's a legal dispute out there. The longer Crux gets pushed out, the closer they get to Shell taking it back.

Ugly.

Financially dependant
14-12-2011, 08:38 PM
This looks interesting, the SP at critical junction of 2 levels of support...Is the uptrend over or...??

STRAT
15-12-2011, 06:50 AM
This looks interesting, the SP at critical junction of 2 levels of support...Is the uptrend over or...?? 3718Well and truely over FD. Rather than a critical juncture it looks more like the final tick off to me. Plenty of sell signals over the last few weeks. Heres just some.

RSI on 29/11

OBV on 6/12

lower low on 7/12

momentum on 8/12

even MacDunks 30 day moving average 12/12:p

Financially dependant
16-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Well and truely over FD. Rather than a critical juncture it looks more like the final tick off to me. Plenty of sell signals over the last few weeks. Heres just some.

RSI on 29/11

OBV on 6/12

lower low on 7/12

momentum on 8/12

even MacDunks 30 day moving average 12/12:p

Bang on Strat...like a knife through butter....The sophisticated traders must follow MacDunks 30 DMA teachings...:scared: