PDA

View Full Version : Golden Cross Resources (GCR)

paul29
20-01-2005, 07:36 PM
This company looks good for the speculative investor its got five drilling programs presently underway

Golden Cross Resources (GCR) is a gold and base metals explorer searching in for large deposits in highly prospective mineral belts providing significant potential upside for the investor.

GCR holds significant mineral tenement positions within the minerals rich Lachlan Fold Belt of Central - South East NSW and the Curnamona Province of Western NSW, which hosts the world class Broken Hill orebody.

GCR is intent on providing its shareholders with the substantial rewards associated with the discovery and development of large and valuable mineral deposits.

GCR’s current portfolio of tenements contains world class exploration potential, with which we have attracted leading mining companies as farm-in partners who help us fund our exploration. Of the $2.8 million spent on GCR properties during 2004, $1.5 million was spent by GCR. In addition, approximately $1.0 million was spent on properties over which GCR holds royalties.

GCR’s exploration philosophy is to acquire “big target” projects in prospective geological settings, add value through high quality geological, geophysical and geochemical surveys, and develop exploration models that attract larger companies as joint venture partners.

Cooper
20-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Finally! Someone else...
I bought into this co. at 8 cents and have held while it drifted down to 4 cents. Their drilling programme looks good and the announcements that have been coming out all look sound. The drift in share price was, IMHO a result of boredom rather than a reflection of anything tangibly wrong with the company.
My pick is the small jump today will be followed by more appreciation. Small and very spec but one to watch... and one of my picks for the sharepicking competition this year.

Interesting to note that the staff and management options are all around the 10 cent strike price.

Cooper
25-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Bit of interest in this one today... maybe a delayed reaction to the drilling programme?

robbo
25-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi Coops,

re your exasperated comment: "Finally someone else..."

Cooper, You should have given guys here at The Pub a tingle...;)[:o)];

....every time these Pub Guys post; their does seem to be a hive of comment and activity !! ;);) [:o)][:o)] :)

Kind regards, and Good speculating,...with your hopefully soon to be productive Black stuff spouting Oil Well;.... or is it a Mine ??

Cheers for now,

Robbo :)

quote:Originally posted by Cooper

Finally! Someone else...
I bought into this co. at 8 cents and have held while it drifted down to 4 cents. Their drilling programme looks good and the announcements that have been coming out all look sound. The drift in share price was, IMHO a result of boredom rather than a reflection of anything tangibly wrong with the company.
My pick is the small jump today will be followed by more appreciation. Small and very spec but one to watch... and one of my picks for the sharepicking competition this year.

Interesting to note that the staff and management options are all around the 10 cent strike price.

Cooper
26-01-2005, 11:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by davidrob

Hi Coops,

re your exasperated comment: "Finally someone else..."

Cooper, You should have given guys here at The Pub a tingle...;)[:o)];

....every time these Pub Guys post; their does seem to be a hive of comment and activity !! ;);) [:o)][:o)] :)

Kind regards, and Good speculating,...with your hopefully soon to be productive Black stuff spouting Oil Well;.... or is it a Mine ??

Cheers for now,

Robbo :)

Cheers Robbo... maybe your fluency would have helped generate some interest before now :).
Precious metals... more specifically scratching around in other people's cast-offs... is the name of the game for these fellas.
I hesitated to post on the company initially because starting a thread regarding a small company you believe has good prospects but no-one else holds often gets you the odd cocked eyebrow and nasty word...
Will post more on this company when time permits but it is certainly worth looking at, although very speculative and very volatile.

Cooper
27-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Hopefully someone else out there was motivated to do a bit of research on this co before today's action. Also hope it's not a flash in the pan! Certainly a bit of excitement for today, at least.

paul29
27-01-2005, 07:01 PM
7.1:D being a speculative investor pays off :Dsold some today

Cooper
27-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Good man paul... and timely pickup as well. I'm holding off on selling... think there is a way to go yet.

Cooper
28-01-2005, 07:02 PM

think there is a way to go yet.

Or not (at least today),[:I] as the case may be

Cooper
09-02-2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by paul29

7.1:D being a speculative investor pays off :Dsold some today

You picked it nicely.
Placement over the last few days diluting share holdings by 10% and a further placement to exisitng shareholders (as of 08/02/05) at 5.5 cents. Why do they NEED money (a safety buffer?) and if they don't need the money, why are they doing it?
To be treated with scepticism, perhaps.
discl: Hold

SimonSays
17-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Here's one that doesn't seem to be going too well lately. Good Kiwi geologist and some good ideas. A few more holes to go ! Maybe the Broker has been spruiking CMR too much lately and has lost focus on his earlier good work on GCR.

Cooper
17-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, frustrating company this. Have been holding for a while and expect to make money from it but it's taking it's sweet time.

SimonSays
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Looking at the pre-trade position I get the impression that there will be some spruiking on this one imminently. Some good shallow intersects at Canbelego. Their Kiwi geologist should hit a good one soon. Unfortunately they are doing it cheap and only going to 40 metres.

Cooper
04-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Whooshka

Cooper
05-01-2006, 04:51 PM

Whooshka

Bonk

paul29
03-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Golden Cross Resources is having a good run share price now 11c

Total Issue: 355,002,231
Market Capitalisation: $39,050,245 (@11)

1-Week Range (Low-High): 7 - 12
4-Week Range: 5.2 - 12
26-Week Range: 3.2 - 12
52-Week Range: 3.1 - 12

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Worth having a look at these guys again market values at only 25mill they have a massive amount of assets some in J.V's like with the likes of ARD
http://www.goldencross.com.au/

they have alliance with China United Mining Investment Corporation who helped them raise 8mill this year

best asset has: 173 million tonnes containing 537,000 tonnes copper and 1.47 million ounces of gold --discovered at copper hill NSW

Copper Hill remains the focus of the Company and all efforts to bring it into production as soon as possible are being made

Preliminary capital cost estimates indicate the production of a copper-gold concentrate for direct sale has benefits over the Roaster-Acid Plant-SXEW-CIL strategy

Metallurgical test-work to optimize the process to produce a high quality concentrate and maximize gold production from the flotation tails has already commenced

yogi-in-oz
30-11-2010, 12:21 PM
:)

Hi JBmurc,

GCR ... there seems to be a little more interest in this stock now and
looking at the time cycles, over the next few months, it seems fairly
positive.

In the latter half of April 2011 and first week in May 2011 there's likely
to be a particularly significant and positive period for GCR ..... :)

More later.

have a great day

paul

P.S. ..... holding GCR.

:)

=====

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah I like the look of GCR if AMU gets taken over ,I be looking to buy GCR looks a good Copper/Gold play IMHO
18c looks cheap

drillfix
30-11-2010, 12:48 PM
18c looks cheap

Hi JB,

Ummm surely you mean 1.8c ;)

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi JB,

Ummm surely you mean 1.8c ;)

yeah .018 forgot the O

hows drillfix going holding some shares atm

Aussie
30-11-2010, 02:14 PM
1,360,000,000 shares issued to date . . ? 1 Billion in the past 4 years . . . Yikes! Talk about dilution - more shares than IBM . . .

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 03:12 PM
1,360,000,000 shares issued to date . . ? 1 Billion in the past 4 years . . . Yikes! Talk about dilution - more shares than IBM . . .

yep many asx resource stocks have over billion shares PEN,SSN(two I've held) if GCR did a consolation 10:1 making the shares price round 18c with 136mill shares it would still be the same company --what matters is what the market Cap values them to their assets GCR look undervalued to their copper/gold discovery upside

drillfix
30-11-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah .018 forgot the O

hows drillfix going holding some shares atm

Going alright I guess JB.

Bit odd coming back to day/swing trading though, can get easily stung.

I kind of got used to trading only price action, which there is always direction and movement one way or the other and the outcome given then and there, but moving back to ASX stocks its like many things are like an illusion and although there is a lot of money in penny stocks if you follow them well (or the people who follow them) it can also be pain if you are not well capitalised and patient.

So I guess I need to get a few more wins on the boards and get a head of the game to hopefully completely find my footing.

Well, thats about that, but I see you are as adventurous as ever :)

JBmurc
30-11-2010, 04:20 PM
yeah has been pretty sleepy on my portfolio of late even though the companies have been making some good dosh CFE the real driver (as it makes up 30% of value)
hoping AMU will change this with a announcement 30c+ takeover this week ---If so GCR will be one I'll be looking at buying into like the Copper/gold asset